Where great apps are born

Cruxlab is the place where beautifully designed User Interface along with the simplistic yet powerful User Experience are combined with the most efficient and complex technical solutions to present the world with another great app.

We are a team of passionate professionals who strive for perfection in every detail.

What we offer:

• Mobile App Design, Development, and Porting
  • UI/UX design expertise
  • Mobile app marketing expertise (ASO, app store rankings, mobile ads)
  • Web Services Design and Development
  • Integration of mobile apps with existing web services
  • Functional Quality Assurance
  • Multi Device Quality Assurance

Who we are:

• Development team of 30+ engineers
  • Product Design team
  • Mobile Marketing experts in the US (NY and LA)
  • Functional and multi device QA team
  • Experienced in iOS, Android, Unity and Windows Mobile
  • Experienced in web services development using Java, PHP, Python

Our pledge:

We will help your organization take your App from an idea to a realized successful product in the market. We will do this within the time and budget allotted. We will work our hardest and do our best to see to it that your App is a success.

Santa Monica, CA
  • Cruxlab
    Ukraine

P4RC, ImageMetrics, Vinrating, Wagner Meters, Releaze AS, Thinkpassenger

Vinrating

With Vinrating mobile app you can select wine for any particular occasion according to a type of grape it’s made of, location where these grapes were grown, foods it best goes together with, a range of price that you define and ratings that other wine connoisseurs point out.

P4RC

The P4RC mobile app is a game app that provides gamers with actual rewards for their play. It’s been downloaded by over 2 million users who have then enjoyed the perks of this awesome program. The P4RC is available on various platforms, among which are iOS, Android and Unity.

Zombie Wars

The Zombie mobile application helps creating original characters with the use of facial images that are quickly modified into 3D avatars. These avatars can be added to a number of comic books and shared with other users. The app is easy to use and it perfectly fits to both guys and girls.

Vudu Heads

The VuDu Heads mobile application helps create unique animated characters out of facial photos by converting them into 3D avatars. The user can change the background and build a scene with their “double”. There is also an option to record videos and share them in a message where CGI technology is implemented and that is widely used in Hollywood.

Prototype & Ongoing Dev for Video-Focused Marketing Platform

"We went with Cruxlab because of flexibility, professionalism, and quality."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Cruxlab developed a working prototype for an end-to-end SaaS marketing company. They implemented the programming and dev ops as well as portions of product development.

CEO, SaaS Platform

Flexibility, professionalism, and quality are what set Cruxlab apart from the 3 other competitors during the initial selection phase. They are hands on and flexible when scheduling or requirements change, proactive in their approach, and eager to succeed.

Introduce your business or organization and what you do there.

I’m the CEO of an early stage software-as-a-service company that provides small and medium size businesses with an end-to-end marketing solution that turns live video into direct leads, customer contact info, and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cruxlab?

We needed to develop a working prototype of our application.

The scope expanded to turn a prototype concept into a market ready revenue generating application. They implemented the programming, dev ops, and portions of product development to achieve our goal.

How large was the team assigned to this engagement?

The team was anywhere from 3–6 people. It was assembled based on agreed upon, written requirements; ability to program in specific frameworks, manage developers, and create scaling reliable infrastructure.

How did you come to work with Cruxlab?

We were introduced through a mutual colleague. There were at least 3 other firms we considered. We went with Cruxlab because of flexibility, professionalism, and quality.

We began working together in April 2016, and the project is ongoing.

In software, the proof is in the pudding. Even with changed goals, scope, and requirements, we’re still in business together.

How did Cruxlab perform from a project management standpoint?

Very hands on. The principals of the company are central to organizing SOWs and agreements between the parties. We used Jira, Slack, Email, Zoom, and Trello.

What did you find most impressive about Cruxlab?

I think here, it’s the flexibility and eagerness to succeed. Cruxlab is proactive when handling agreed-upon principles of a market and of specific business goals.

Are there any areas Cruxlab could improve?

Can you share any tips or recommendations with inexperienced buyers who might be considering an engagement like yours?

Nothing specific to Cruxlab, but in software, if you don’t have a written plan, then there will be variability.

I would definitely suggest interviewing Cruxlab if you were looking for an offshore team.

App Development for 3-D Bluetooth Headset

"They've [Cruxlab] been resourceful and found solutions to every problem."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Recognizing their need for outsourced help, the client hired Cruxlab to assist in the development of their iOS and Android apps to work in conjunction with their headsets.

New York Metro Area
Anthony Mattana
Founder, Hooke Audio

Cruxlab contributed to an effective and groundbreaking app. The agency was communicative and responsive throughout the project. The client praises Cruxlab for their efficient processes and recommends them to others.

Hooke Audio is the world's first Bluetooth binaural microphone. We produce wearable 3-D microphones. Our first product, the Hooke Verse, consists of a wireless pair of Bluetooth headphones with built-in binaural mics in each earpiece. When connected to a phone and hooked up with the Hooke smartphone app, users can capture 3-D audio to their device via Bluetooth.

I'm the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Cruxlab?

I needed help developing apps for my product.

Cruxlab has worked with our company from the beginning, working on both Android and iOS app development. Our apps are meant to work in conjunction with the headset made by the company.

How did you come to work with Cruxlab?

One of my business partners had worked on two mobile apps in the past using Cruxlab. We brought them on based on that previous relationship.

The total development cost so far has been less than $100,000.

We started working with them at the beginning of January 2015. The app is expected to launch in the summer of 2016.

Cruxlab did a good job. What we are working on is completely groundbreaking. Nothing of this sort has been done before. We've created a custom Bluetooth audio codec. The apps have had to cooperate with it, so they are unlike any others in this respect.

How did Cruxlab perform from a project management standpoint?

I work very closely with their owner [Kostiantyn Zamiesov], who acts as our project manager. This relationship has been crucial, given that they're located halfway across the world. Any time I need to get on the phone with him, he will be available. His English level is substantial enough to have elaborate conversations. I can relay what I'm looking for properly, and he will, in turn, get his team to put it to life. We mostly communicate through Skype, email, phone, and GitHub, and TestFlight for project tracking.

What distinguishes Cruxlab from other providers?

Cruxlab' team has made a good effort in terms of estimates, workflow, and communication. They've been resourceful and found solutions to every problem. Cruxlab has been a team player. Every week, we encounter something different, but they've rolled with the punches.

Is there anything Cruxlab could have improved or done differently?

There have been times in which I engaged Cruxlab as if they were collaborators, having them come up with suggestions of their own. At other times, I felt that they stay too much within their lane. I would have wanted them to take more initiative and demand more responsibility. Ask for forgiveness instead of permission, in a manner of speaking. I have tried to get them to improve upon this aspect, and I find that they have. It has to do with Ukrainian culture to some extent.

App Development for Wine Company

"They [Cruxlab] are a good partner when it comes to choices, strategy, and the actual building of the app."

2013 - Ongoing

The client hired Cruxlab to build their app from start to finish which included providing coding and also handling the necessary App Store relationship.

Norway
Owner, Wine Application

Cruxlab pleased the client by contributing to an effective app. The client praises the agency for their comprehensive app development knowledge. Estimate forecasting could be improved, but Cruxlab remains recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We’re a small company that produces an app to help people find wine stores in Norway.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m a co-owner and the project manager.

What was your goal in working with Cruxlab?

I needed them to develop a mobile application for my company’s idea.

They provided the coding and built the application from start to finish. They also handled all of the relationship with the App Store. The project was started in Norway, and they took on the code, refactored it, and shaped it up.

What was your process in selecting Cruxlab with which to work?

I met them through another partner who recommended them.

We’ve spent about $60,000 working with Cruxlab.

When did you start working with them and is the relationship ongoing?

The relationship started about two years ago, I think in early 2013. We are still working with them.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

I’m happy with the app. They have a lot of knowledge around app technology and how to go about building an app. We’re very pleased with what they’ve done.

Is there anything unique about Cruxlab that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

Their knowledge of app development is excellent. They know the technology and the trends, and what to do or not to do. They are a good partner when it comes to choices, strategy, and the actual building of the app.

Cruxlab could be better at forecasting estimates. As a customer, I would like to have more assurance on price estimates, but I know this is not always possible.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I would recommend that the client be very precise on what is to be done and what the cost will be. In this way, the client can remove a lot of uncertainty.

Overall Score I’m very happy, and I’ll continue working with them.

App Development for Tinkering Inc.

"They [Cruxlab] are excellent problem solvers and just all-around brilliant guys.​"

2010 - Ongoing

The client partnered with Cruxlab for five increasingly complex major projects which included iOS and Android apps for client development and third-party library interfacing.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Armando Pena
Founder, Tinkering Inc.

Cruxlab consistently delivers quality work and contributes to successful projects for the client. The agency is praised for their speed and excellent work ethic. There was no criticism for Cruxlab and the agency is highly recommended to others.

Please give a brief description of your company.

Tinkering Inc. is a VC [venture capital]-funded applications laboratory. Our mission is to develop and test out new applications that could have a big impact on the app market. Many of our apps use advanced facial tracking technologies licensed from Image Metrics Inc. ​

What is your role at the company?

​I'm the founder and CEO​.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Cruxlab?

My work with Cruxlab predates Tinkering Inc. I began working with Cruxlab five years ago in 2010. At that point, the challenge was to build a complex mobile application on iOS for Mercedes Benz. The timeline for the app was very aggressive, and I realized I needed the best programmers I could find to work on this. I was referred to Cruxlab by a trusted third party, and we began the collaboration.

From then on, Cruxlab became my competitive advantage, and we have worked on projects since. The most complex of these projects is the Vudu Heads application, which uses facial tracking technology as well as facial morphing technology to create real-time driven avatars.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

I've used Cruxlab on five major projects. The goals have been different each time, but the complexity of the projects has only increased with time. In general, the goal is to take an app to market within budget and on schedule while using complex technologies and back-ends.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

The projects have involved mainly client development and interfacing with third-party libraries and server teams. The apps have sometimes been for iOS, other times for Android.

What was your process for selecting Cruxlab with which to work?

They were recommended to me by a trusted third party. I talked to their lead developers, and it took just a few minutes to realize how intelligent they were.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The amount spent on Cruxlab work between all the project spans thousands of man-hours, which was five years worth, and north of $600,000 in development costs.

When was the project completed?

The majority of the projects have already been completed and were completed to the satisfaction of my customers. There are a number of projects still in development .

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

The results of the projects have invariably been happy customers for me and launched apps for my customers. We now have a great reputation for doing amazing work.

How did Cruxlab perform?

Their performance was outstanding. They are excellent problem solvers and just all around brilliant guys. Their development methods have improved every year during the last five years, and they keep getting better at producing high-quality products.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies with which you may have worked?

A few things are truly special about them. First of all, they are fast and relentless, and this is a great combination when facing a large complex challenge. They are tireless workers and do not ever stop trying to solve a problem to the best of their abilities. Their internal process for development has improved year after year. They have, with time, grown to be more mature and even better than before. With them by my side, I feel like I can't lose.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

Nothing that would reflect negatively on Cruxlabs. If nothing else, I would insist that the clients give us better and more accurate specifications of what they want. As far as Cruxlabs, the only thing I would change is for me to go faster because they are so fast sometimes they have to sit and wait on me to give them more tasks.

Custom Development for Software Company

"They’re [Cruxlab are] very smart, very solid developers."

Recognizing their need for a software developer kit for mobile app loyalty programs, the client hired Cruxlab to develop their full multiplatform SDK from start to finish.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Founder, Software Company

Cruxlab delivered excellent work for the client. The delivered SDK functioned well and there were no complaints. The agency is praised for their excellent troubleshooting skills. Cruxlab is recognized for their outstanding work and recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We create loyalty products for mobile applications. We’re located in Los Angeles, Calif.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder and chief operating officer.

What was your goal in working with Cruxlab?

We needed a software developer kit that would allow developers to insert a loyalty program into their mobile apps.

They developed the full SDK, from start to finish, for both iOS and Android. We started this whole thing in 2011 and, for that time period, they were doing some very novel stuff in terms of how they made the SDK work. They also created all the documentation for the kit.

What was your process for selecting Cruxlab with which to work?

Our chief technology officer had worked with them previously. He was pleased with their work on a prior project, so we selected them for this one.

We’re spending somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000 annually with Cruxlab.

What were the results of the project?

They delivered a very solid SDK, which we were able to install in more than 400 applications for lots of different developers on both iOS and Android.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We do not have any hard data but, qualitatively, they did great work for us, and we have never had any complaints about our SDK.

They’re very smart, very solid developers. They’re good at troubleshooting problems. If we have a client who is having implementation issues with the SDK, they’ll jump on Skype and help the client troubleshoot. They’ve never failed to solve a client’s problems.

What advice would you give to future clients of Cruxlab?

They need to understand that outsourcing always takes a little longer when compared to in-house work, so they should be prepared for that. But, their work is excellent, so it’s well worth the wait.