Building digital experiences. For Mobile and Web.

From initial idea to final product.

We are driven by building outstanding products with clean user interface, convenient user experience, robust architecture and superior quality. We achieve this by hiring the best in class experts who master and adopt the latest and innovative technologies. This is what sets us apart and gives our clients a number of competitive advantages, such as:

• Easy and rapid growth of the product
  • Satisfied end users
  • Cost effective operations
  • Greater return on every dollar invested in the product

Our wide and deep expertise is represented by 4 main groups of services.

I.    Product strategy

• User research
  • High-level feature roadmapping
  • Planning workshops
  • Rapid prototyping and concept validation
  • User surveys

• ASO, App store rankings
  • Push notification strategy
  • A/B Testing
  • Deep Linking

We guide our clients on a journey through digital transformation, keeping our unbiased focus on the end goals. There is no obstacle we can not overcome on this path.

Find out more about us at: http://cruxlab.com/

Los Angeles, CA
  • Cruxlab, Inc.
    12655 W. Jefferson Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    877.977.7996

Nauto, ImageMetrics, Coin-In, ParkUrbn, Pitchtime, Karen.care, Wagner Meters, Hooke Audio, Fuelcycle (former Thinkpassenger).

Vinrating

With Vinrating mobile app you can select wine for any particular occasion according to a type of grape it’s made of, location where these grapes were grown, foods it best goes together with, a range of price that you define and ratings that other wine connoisseurs point out.

P4RC

The P4RC mobile app is a game app that provides gamers with actual rewards for their play. It’s been downloaded by over 2 million users who have then enjoyed the perks of this awesome program. The P4RC is available on various platforms, among which are iOS, Android and Unity.

Zombie Wars

The Zombie mobile application helps creating original characters with the use of facial images that are quickly modified into 3D avatars. These avatars can be added to a number of comic books and shared with other users. The app is easy to use and it perfectly fits to both guys and girls.

Vudu Heads

The VuDu Heads mobile application helps create unique animated characters out of facial photos by converting them into 3D avatars. The user can change the background and build a scene with their “double”. There is also an option to record videos and share them in a message where CGI technology is implemented and that is widely used in Hollywood.

Platform & Mobile Development for Elder Care Startup

"[They] work well independently and have the ability to make creative and design decisions without supervision."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Cruxlab serves as the main development team for a mobile app startup, focusing on native iOS, web, and API development. They have also done some design work and will continue to build the native Android app.

Co-Founder, Healthcare Startup

The app Cruxlab developed has received positive user feedback from key stakeholders, investors, as well as potential partners. Their contributions have been robust and scalable, and although their bug fixing can occasionally have a slow turnaround, Cruxlab is autonomous, well-rounded, and reliable.

Our primary product is a website that helps families manage and plan for the care of elderly relatives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cruxlab?

We were a startup needing a website, mobile apps, and an API. We brought in Cruxlab to write the code.

We developed the desktop app first. Using an Agile development process, we did a number of two-week sprints in which they’d push builds to staging, we’d test for bugs, they’d fix them, and we’d push to the builds to live. They also used our requirements and mockups to do a fair amount of design work.

We’re working on native mobile apps now, starting with iOS. We’re doing the design and they’re writing the code. They started with the API, which enabled the mobile app to talk to our website’s backend. Soon, they’ll start coding the mobile frontend, and once that’s done, they’ll build the Android native app.

The app’s key feature is the user’s action plan, which incorporates user survey functionality that feeds into a complex task delegation, communication, and collaboration algorithm. It’s somewhat like a lightweight version of Asana or other project management apps.

We had a dedicated project manager and a developer or two, depending on the workload.

How did you come to work with Cruxlab?

My co-founder (a computer scientist and the app’s architect) used them in the past and was confident in their abilities. We gave them a try liked their work, so we kept them on board. We didn’t explore other options.

So far, we have spent between $80,000 and $140,000.

We started working with them in August 2016, and the project is ongoing.

Our conversion rate is high, and we’ve received very positive reviews from users, industry professionals, potential partners, and investors.

How did Cruxlab perform from a project management standpoint?

We use JIRA to manage tickets remotely, since they’re located in Ukraine. Based on what I’ve heard from my co-founder and what I see through our email and JIRA correspondence, they’ve done an excellent job.

Their level of communication and quality of code they deliver is robust and scalable. We had no problems fixing bugs or building on top of it when needed.

They also work well independently and have the ability to make creative and design decisions without supervision. For example, they designed a lot of UI that doesn’t typically come with Agile development, while also making good decisions in fleshing that out and filling in gaps.

It would be more efficient if they did at least some of the testing in-house. When we’ve discovered bugs, there can be a lag of up to 12 hours because of the time zone difference.

Overall Score I’d give them five except for the testing piece.

Mobile App Dev for Smart Parking Platform Startup

“As far as the quality and what they’ve done, I’m really happy with the app.”

Apr. - July 2017

Cruxlab created clean and effective mobile apps for Android and iOS. They delivered simple, uncomplicated versions of the app. The apps are 90% complete and there are plans for one additional modification.

Hollywood, California
Alex LaVelle
CEO, Urbn

Within a small test group using the app, Cruxlab’s work brought only positive feedback. Despite being in a different time zone, they impressed with their responsiveness. Their expertise and willingness to help share it were appreciated. Their quality work assured that they will be contracted again.

At Urbn, we create real-time parking solutions. The hardware and software support is providing drivers with real-time knowledge on where they can park on city streets. I am founder and CEO. I’ve been here for two and a half years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cruxlab?

We needed an Android and iOS mobile app.

Our platform is Android and iOS mobile only. We wanted somebody that shared our vision of a clean, modern, simple, effective, and elegant solution for a problem that doesn’t need to be complicated.

We built and went to live iterations that were not in the negotiated service agreement that we most likely should have been charged a lot of extra money for, but we were not. We agreed it could be something we could work on forever, but you have to call it good at some point, so we reached that point about a month ago. Then Cruxlab worked on testing. We’re not releasing this version of the app because we made a modification to the density of the data that we collect which will require it to be presented in a different way. We’re going to keep approximately 90% of the app, but in a couple of months after we finish this next development cycle, we’re going to contract them again to make some modifications that make it ready for launch.

One of our VPs interacted with them daily. I worked with Constantine [CEO, Cruxlab] frequently, mostly on product updates, larger decisions, and some directional points. I exchanged multiple emails with him over the past three months. We approved the timeline and what needs to be on the apps. We had project reviews periodically.

How did you come to work with Cruxlab?

We worked with 4–5 other companies to get quotes and stumbled across Cruxlab in the very last phase of that research. Some were online and some were based here in L.A. We had a lot of meetings before we settled on Cruxlab. I looked for very particular things. If I can’t get a company on the phone that’s going to charge me between $100,000–$250,000, I’m not interested. After the first ring, Cruxlab answered the phone. They were knowledgeable and knew exactly how to build what I was asking them to build. They were confident enough with the somewhat vague description that I offered on day one. After a few days, they came back to me with a proposed direction, budget, and timeline. Their price was very competitive and we seemed to mesh well. One of my employees went up to meet them in person in Santa Monica. She had nothing but great things to say. I’ve never met Constantine in person, but my employee’s stamp of approval is good enough for me. That’s why we committed to them.

We have invested approximately $100,000.

We worked together from April 2017 until July 2017.

As far as the quality and what they’ve done, I’m really happy with the app. I’m two builds behind on my phone but even the earlier version is still super stable and I show it off. I added 20–30 people onto a test team for the latest iteration of this app and they have nothing but positive things to say about it. They did a great job. We are going back to them in a couple of months to do another version.

How did Cruxlab perform from a project management standpoint?

I received a weekly update from Constantine. If my guys had a question that they weren’t comfortable answering or approving, it would get passed up to me. There wasn’t a lot of interaction on my level. Constantine checked in every once in a while. I’m satisfied. I haven’t heard a single complaint from my guys about timeliness. Their development office is in Ukraine. There’s a slight time difference so things aren’t always super punctual, but in terms of getting work done, I was pretty impressed with how quickly a new iteration would be released. There was never a point in the development that my team or I had any issue with communication or timeliness. I can only say good things.

For me, it’s a big deal how easy it is to get a hold of them. Anytime I had a question, the lady would answer. I remember calling at 8:00 at night and she’d answer with no problem. That’s a huge reason why we went with Cruxlab. It’s nice to have that reassurance that your project is under control and your money is being handled well and you’re going to be on time. Both Constantine and his CTO are super knowledgeable guys. There are a lot of things in mobile app development that we don’t know the terminology for and they were really helpful walking us through. They take the time to work with me and help me to understand so that I can make these informed decisions, which was great.

I can’t see any from my end. If I was to say one thing, it is nice to be able to work in person occasionally and that was impossible since Constantine is in Ukraine.

I’m going back to them. I would definitely recommend them.

Prototype & Ongoing Dev for Video-Focused Marketing Platform

"We went with Cruxlab because of flexibility, professionalism, and quality."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Cruxlab developed a working prototype for an end-to-end SaaS marketing company. They implemented the programming and dev ops as well as portions of product development.

CEO, SaaS Platform

Flexibility, professionalism, and quality are what set Cruxlab apart from the 3 other competitors during the initial selection phase. They are hands on and flexible when scheduling or requirements change, proactive in their approach, and eager to succeed.

Introduce your business or organization and what you do there.

I’m the CEO of an early stage software-as-a-service company that provides small and medium size businesses with an end-to-end marketing solution that turns live video into direct leads, customer contact info, and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cruxlab?

We needed to develop a working prototype of our application.

The scope expanded to turn a prototype concept into a market ready revenue generating application. They implemented the programming, dev ops, and portions of product development to achieve our goal.

How large was the team assigned to this engagement?

The team was anywhere from 3–6 people. It was assembled based on agreed upon, written requirements; ability to program in specific frameworks, manage developers, and create scaling reliable infrastructure.

How did you come to work with Cruxlab?

We were introduced through a mutual colleague. There were at least 3 other firms we considered. We went with Cruxlab because of flexibility, professionalism, and quality.

We began working together in April 2016, and the project is ongoing.

In software, the proof is in the pudding. Even with changed goals, scope, and requirements, we’re still in business together.

How did Cruxlab perform from a project management standpoint?

Very hands on. The principals of the company are central to organizing SOWs and agreements between the parties. We used Jira, Slack, Email, Zoom, and Trello.

What did you find most impressive about Cruxlab?

I think here, it’s the flexibility and eagerness to succeed. Cruxlab is proactive when handling agreed-upon principles of a market and of specific business goals.

Are there any areas Cruxlab could improve?

Can you share any tips or recommendations with inexperienced buyers who might be considering an engagement like yours?

Nothing specific to Cruxlab, but in software, if you don’t have a written plan, then there will be variability.

I would definitely suggest interviewing Cruxlab if you were looking for an offshore team.

App Development for 3-D Bluetooth Headset

"They've [Cruxlab] been resourceful and found solutions to every problem."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Recognizing their need for outsourced help, the client hired Cruxlab to assist in the development of their iOS and Android apps to work in conjunction with their headsets.

New York Metro Area
Anthony Mattana
Founder, Hooke Audio

Cruxlab contributed to an effective and groundbreaking app. The agency was communicative and responsive throughout the project. The client praises Cruxlab for their efficient processes and recommends them to others.

Hooke Audio is the world's first Bluetooth binaural microphone. We produce wearable 3-D microphones. Our first product, the Hooke Verse, consists of a wireless pair of Bluetooth headphones with built-in binaural mics in each earpiece. When connected to a phone and hooked up with the Hooke smartphone app, users can capture 3-D audio to their device via Bluetooth.

I'm the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Cruxlab?

I needed help developing apps for my product.

Cruxlab has worked with our company from the beginning, working on both Android and iOS app development. Our apps are meant to work in conjunction with the headset made by the company.

How did you come to work with Cruxlab?

One of my business partners had worked on two mobile apps in the past using Cruxlab. We brought them on based on that previous relationship.

The total development cost so far has been less than $100,000.

We started working with them at the beginning of January 2015. The app is expected to launch in the summer of 2016.

Cruxlab did a good job. What we are working on is completely groundbreaking. Nothing of this sort has been done before. We've created a custom Bluetooth audio codec. The apps have had to cooperate with it, so they are unlike any others in this respect.

How did Cruxlab perform from a project management standpoint?

I work very closely with their owner [Kostiantyn Zamiesov], who acts as our project manager. This relationship has been crucial, given that they're located halfway across the world. Any time I need to get on the phone with him, he will be available. His English level is substantial enough to have elaborate conversations. I can relay what I'm looking for properly, and he will, in turn, get his team to put it to life. We mostly communicate through Skype, email, phone, and GitHub, and TestFlight for project tracking.

What distinguishes Cruxlab from other providers?

Cruxlab' team has made a good effort in terms of estimates, workflow, and communication. They've been resourceful and found solutions to every problem. Cruxlab has been a team player. Every week, we encounter something different, but they've rolled with the punches.

Is there anything Cruxlab could have improved or done differently?

There have been times in which I engaged Cruxlab as if they were collaborators, having them come up with suggestions of their own. At other times, I felt that they stay too much within their lane. I would have wanted them to take more initiative and demand more responsibility. Ask for forgiveness instead of permission, in a manner of speaking. I have tried to get them to improve upon this aspect, and I find that they have. It has to do with Ukrainian culture to some extent.

App Development for Wine Company

"They [Cruxlab] are a good partner when it comes to choices, strategy, and the actual building of the app."

2013 - Ongoing

The client hired Cruxlab to build their app from start to finish which included providing coding and also handling the necessary App Store relationship.

Norway
Owner, Wine Application

Cruxlab pleased the client by contributing to an effective app. The client praises the agency for their comprehensive app development knowledge. Estimate forecasting could be improved, but Cruxlab remains recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We’re a small company that produces an app to help people find wine stores in Norway.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m a co-owner and the project manager.

What was your goal in working with Cruxlab?

I needed them to develop a mobile application for my company’s idea.

They provided the coding and built the application from start to finish. They also handled all of the relationship with the App Store. The project was started in Norway, and they took on the code, refactored it, and shaped it up.

What was your process in selecting Cruxlab with which to work?

I met them through another partner who recommended them.

We’ve spent about $60,000 working with Cruxlab.

When did you start working with them and is the relationship ongoing?

The relationship started about two years ago, I think in early 2013. We are still working with them.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

I’m happy with the app. They have a lot of knowledge around app technology and how to go about building an app. We’re very pleased with what they’ve done.

Is there anything unique about Cruxlab that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

Their knowledge of app development is excellent. They know the technology and the trends, and what to do or not to do. They are a good partner when it comes to choices, strategy, and the actual building of the app.

Cruxlab could be better at forecasting estimates. As a customer, I would like to have more assurance on price estimates, but I know this is not always possible.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I would recommend that the client be very precise on what is to be done and what the cost will be. In this way, the client can remove a lot of uncertainty.

Overall Score I’m very happy, and I’ll continue working with them.

App Development for Tinkering Inc.

"They [Cruxlab] are excellent problem solvers and just all-around brilliant guys.​"

2010 - Ongoing

The client partnered with Cruxlab for five increasingly complex major projects which included iOS and Android apps for client development and third-party library interfacing.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Armando Pena
Founder, Tinkering Inc.

Cruxlab consistently delivers quality work and contributes to successful projects for the client. The agency is praised for their speed and excellent work ethic. There was no criticism for Cruxlab and the agency is highly recommended to others.

Please give a brief description of your company.

Tinkering Inc. is a VC [venture capital]-funded applications laboratory. Our mission is to develop and test out new applications that could have a big impact on the app market. Many of our apps use advanced facial tracking technologies licensed from Image Metrics Inc. ​

What is your role at the company?

​I'm the founder and CEO​.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Cruxlab?

My work with Cruxlab predates Tinkering Inc. I began working with Cruxlab five years ago in 2010. At that point, the challenge was to build a complex mobile application on iOS for Mercedes Benz. The timeline for the app was very aggressive, and I realized I needed the best programmers I could find to work on this. I was referred to Cruxlab by a trusted third party, and we began the collaboration.

From then on, Cruxlab became my competitive advantage, and we have worked on projects since. The most complex of these projects is the Vudu Heads application, which uses facial tracking technology as well as facial morphing technology to create real-time driven avatars.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

I've used Cruxlab on five major projects. The goals have been different each time, but the complexity of the projects has only increased with time. In general, the goal is to take an app to market within budget and on schedule while using complex technologies and back-ends.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

The projects have involved mainly client development and interfacing with third-party libraries and server teams. The apps have sometimes been for iOS, other times for Android.

What was your process for selecting Cruxlab with which to work?

They were recommended to me by a trusted third party. I talked to their lead developers, and it took just a few minutes to realize how intelligent they were.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The amount spent on Cruxlab work between all the project spans thousands of man-hours, which was five years worth, and north of $600,000 in development costs.

When was the project completed?

The majority of the projects have already been completed and were completed to the satisfaction of my customers. There are a number of projects still in development .

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

The results of the projects have invariably been happy customers for me and launched apps for my customers. We now have a great reputation for doing amazing work.

How did Cruxlab perform?

Their performance was outstanding. They are excellent problem solvers and just all around brilliant guys. Their development methods have improved every year during the last five years, and they keep getting better at producing high-quality products.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies with which you may have worked?

A few things are truly special about them. First of all, they are fast and relentless, and this is a great combination when facing a large complex challenge. They are tireless workers and do not ever stop trying to solve a problem to the best of their abilities. Their internal process for development has improved year after year. They have, with time, grown to be more mature and even better than before. With them by my side, I feel like I can't lose.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

Nothing that would reflect negatively on Cruxlabs. If nothing else, I would insist that the clients give us better and more accurate specifications of what they want. As far as Cruxlabs, the only thing I would change is for me to go faster because they are so fast sometimes they have to sit and wait on me to give them more tasks.

Custom Development for Software Company

"They’re [Cruxlab are] very smart, very solid developers."

Recognizing their need for a software developer kit for mobile app loyalty programs, the client hired Cruxlab to develop their full multiplatform SDK from start to finish.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Founder, Software Company

Cruxlab delivered excellent work for the client. The delivered SDK functioned well and there were no complaints. The agency is praised for their excellent troubleshooting skills. Cruxlab is recognized for their outstanding work and recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We create loyalty products for mobile applications. We’re located in Los Angeles, Calif.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder and chief operating officer.

What was your goal in working with Cruxlab?

We needed a software developer kit that would allow developers to insert a loyalty program into their mobile apps.

They developed the full SDK, from start to finish, for both iOS and Android. We started this whole thing in 2011 and, for that time period, they were doing some very novel stuff in terms of how they made the SDK work. They also created all the documentation for the kit.

What was your process for selecting Cruxlab with which to work?

Our chief technology officer had worked with them previously. He was pleased with their work on a prior project, so we selected them for this one.

We’re spending somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000 annually with Cruxlab.

What were the results of the project?

They delivered a very solid SDK, which we were able to install in more than 400 applications for lots of different developers on both iOS and Android.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We do not have any hard data but, qualitatively, they did great work for us, and we have never had any complaints about our SDK.

They’re very smart, very solid developers. They’re good at troubleshooting problems. If we have a client who is having implementation issues with the SDK, they’ll jump on Skype and help the client troubleshoot. They’ve never failed to solve a client’s problems.

What advice would you give to future clients of Cruxlab?

They need to understand that outsourcing always takes a little longer when compared to in-house work, so they should be prepared for that. But, their work is excellent, so it’s well worth the wait.