Your Tech Partner for Web & Mobile App Development

Creatella innovates at the edge between a startup incubator and a tech and marketing agency. Started in Singapore with European roots and remote collaborators from 15+ countries, Creatella is an ambitious, energetic startup aiming to penetrate untapped marketplaces and make the world more open.

Mission: We thrive in the challenging world of startups by imagining, building, and launching fresh products every year, and serving other startups with the tech and marketing skills they need to grow.

Case Study

iDoo

iDoo allows you to professionally design and decorate a room in under a week. Starting with a personal style quiz, it profiles your tastes, space, and budget. Then, it matches you with a skilled interior designer who draws up a customized concept for your space. Once you agree with a concept, iDoo generates a shopping list and the rest is paint by number.

Tech

iDoo’s tech stack includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, PHP, and Laravel. The platform incorporates a sophisticated 1 to 1 messenger system and dashboard for each project.

Results

After successfully working with Creatella to build the platform, iDoo is now live and available internationally. It's currently in its beta and building market traction.

KEY FACTS

• Cost Saved: 32K USD vs next best offer
  • Time: 2.5 months
  • Generated revenue in 2 weeks
  • Following the success of the tech development, Creatella is now iDoo’s marketing partner bringing both strategic guidance and execution
  • 1 week delay
    • 2 out of 20 projects so far have experienced a delay of 1 week or more. We’re transparent and don’t like BS
  • iDoo has been selected to receive extra assistance in raising funds using Creatella’s extensive investment network

Singapore, Singapore
  • 10 Anson Road #10-11 International Plaza
    Singapore 079903
    Singapore

Web App Dev for Money Balance Transfer Platform

"[W]e set goals and a budget, and the process felt like they were an in-house team rather than an external agency."

June - Dec. 2016

Creatella augmented an internal team to handle frontend development and design of a web-based app. They also put together specs and continued to provide support after the completion of the solution.

Singapore
Tagir Yamilov
Founder, FinMates

Creatella handles communication and project management well. When the app didn’t see as much success as expected, Creatella returned to make user experience-based improvements. Creatella is an engaged team with a hands-on approach, and they stuck to their plan and the budget.

I am the founder of FinMates. We provide remitting services on the Singapore market.

What challenge were you trying to address with Creatella?

We needed to develop the frontend technical component of our solution from scratch.

Together with the Creatella team, we designed a web-based application, put together specs and build the product. They provided support afterwards.

We discussed the overall needs of our system with their CEO. We then put together a PowerPoint wireframe, and made a list of specs. During development, we changed the wireframe and added new features to it. Creatella gave us a cost estimate, and stuck to it.

The app is a mobile wallet which provides access to the main user of the funds, as well as to power users who can access multiple wallets and perform transfer orders. The actual transfers to the bank are done manually, on the backend.

How did you come to work with Creatella?

I knew their principal from the university where I was studying for my MBA. I also approached Indian agencies which quoted lower prices, but were more difficult to work with. I trusted that Creatella would be able to deliver the promised quality, and their price was fine, so I gave them a go.

How much have you invested with Creatella?

The cost of their work has been around $20,000.

We started working with Creatella in June 2016. The project ended in December of that year.

User-wise, the platform wasn’t as big a success as we’d planned. In terms of issues, we did receive some comments on how we could improve the process. Most of those were followed-up by Creatella as an additional project. They continued to work on making the MVP more defined.

How did Creatella perform from a project management standpoint?

Initially, the high-level process was handled by their CEO, who was also our project manager. We used Slack for the other team members, whom I could contact whenever I had a question. Most of the time, someone replied with a quick explanation. We met the budget, the timeframe was more-or-less met, and the communication was clear and constant.

What did you find most impressive about Creatella?

Creatella is not a large company. The absence of largescale support can be a minus, but, at the same time, their team had a more hands-on approach, and they were engaged in our project. We felt that they weren’t just doing it as another project, but took the work seriously. Some of the Indian agencies I talked to asked for additional money if the specs deviated by any amount. I felt that I was being ripped off, in a way. With Creatella, we set goals and a budget, and the process felt like they were an in-house team rather than an external agency.

Are there any areas Creatella could improve?

We can always work more efficiently and improve pricing, but this is true for anyone.

Overall Score They not only handle IT well, but also make recommendations around processes, making sure that we have an efficient solution which can be delivered in good quality and within deadlines.
    Some of the items we initially planned took longer to complete, but, overall, there was never a bottleneck. This didn’t impact our operations, and I was a factor in the delays.
    We can find cheaper agencies, especially in Europe and India, but it would be more difficult to communicate needs and get the expected deliverables. Compared to agencies in Singapore, Europe and the US, Creatella’s price is significantly lower.
    I was happy with what Creatella did. We were planning to only make an MVP initially, but they delivered a working platform which people could use easily. It looked more like the first or second iteration of a finalized product.
    I have done it a number of times, and most of the people I recommended Creatella to were happy with the services.