CreateApe

BRONZE VERIFIED

CreateApe is a digital creative agency in Southern California offering comprehensive solutions to your most pressing problems. With over 15+ years in the UX/UI design space, we know how to elevate your user's experience and to translate that into metrics you can actually see.

Our passionate experts are leaders in UX, UI, developers, project managers, and communication and social media strategists. Our mission is to provide our clients with a unparalleled and personalized solution-based service.

Irvine, CA
  • 300 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 400-068
    Irvine, CA 92618

Our key clients are technology start-ups, eCommerce based design needs, and business looking to have optimized desktop and mobile UX/UI design.

Web Dev & Design for Healthcare Tech Business

"They communicate openly, and I’ve had nothing but a pleasant experience."

July 2019 - Ongoing

CreateApe was initially hired to create a demo page, which they did using mockups that they built. They customized the frontend using HTML and also did backend work. The team will also work on upgrading a blog.

Antonio T. Perez
Marketing Project Manager, Kognito

The demo page that CreateApe built consistently receives positive feedback on its dynamic nature. Additionally, website visitors are interacting with the different elements that the team implemented. They are a responsive partner who pays attention to the business’ needs and makes sure they’re met.

I’m the marketing project manager at a healthcare tech business. We create virtual simulations for three major verticals: healthcare, PK-12, and higher education.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

We originally brought them on because we wanted to create a demo page for our users. The original demo experience was to fill out an email, but there was no dedicated page for it.

We wanted to create a brand new page for our website that users could click on to learn more about our organization. The end goal was to make sure that when the user got to our homepage, there would be a “take demo” button.

They did frontend work in HTML, and they also did backend work. They originally gave us low-fidelity mockups after we spoke to them. Once we got approval from the higher-up team, CreateApe provided us with high-fidelity mockups and then we moved to the coding phase.

CreateApe created a video play in the background of the demo page. They also created a personalized one-on-one call to action (CTA). We provided the API and what they needed to incorporate Drift, a marketing communications tool, onto the page, and they put that onto the CTA.

When a user clicks on “schedule a personal one-on-one,” a frame pops up, and the page that we created in Drift shows up in the middle of the screen. The interactive demo goes to another page that CreateApe made.

Additionally, they created a template for the section on how we work within our verticals, along with a slider of videos and an FAQ section. Now we’re working with them to update our blog. They provided us with high-fidelity mockups, and we’ve provided our feedback.

My main point of contact is Chelina (Project Manager), but Al (Founder), who I initially spoke with, jumps in when needed.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

My boss found them before I joined the organization.

Up until now, we’ve spent about $52,000.

We began working with them in July 2019, and the demo page launched in January 2020. After that launched, we did minor tweaks and changes. We’re now working on a bigger project, which is our blog. Everything is ready to go for that project; we’re just waiting on our new retainer to be signed.

When we share the demo landing page, people are very happy with it. We’ve received feedback that the page is much more dynamic than what we’re used to. We know that people are visiting the page, but we also recognize that we aren’t marketing the website.

We use Google Analytics, and we also use HotJar to see how users are interacting with the page. We can see them interacting with the CTAs and clicking on the videos. We’ve been very happy with the page because it’s a much better demo experience than what we were delivering before.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management has been on point. We had our initial zoom calls with Al, and he gave us a high-level view of what he believed was the best route. He always gives us suggestions based on his experience with UI/UX.

I communicate with Chelina via email about meetings and smaller updates or tweaks. We also use Asana, which is where we put larger changes with screenshots. She then comments back and tells us what she’s working on. The team usually responds within a couple of hours.

They communicate openly, and I’ve had nothing but a pleasant experience in regards to getting in contact with both Al and Chelina about the status of the project. CreateApe has never made us feel like we’ve been left in the dark.

The most impressive thing about working with them is seeing everything coming to fruition, especially since this was my first large project.

No, I have no suggestions. We’re very happy with the services that CreateApe has provided so far. We’re very confident in the work they can do.

You should know what you want and what stakeholders are expecting, but don’t feel like you need to have all of the answers, especially in the early rounds. You can provide a vision, and their expertise will guide you along.

Web Dev & Design for Commercial Real Estate Company

"Their knowledge and expertise distinguish them."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

CreateApe was initially hired to do some redevelopment and redesign work on an existing WordPress website. Now, the team does maintenance, making sure the website runs smoothly without downtime.

El Segundo, California
Lori Valencia
Director of Marketing, Mathews Real Estate

CreateApe has managed to resolve any downtime issues, and they’ve received internal and external feedback on their work. They are well-aligned with the in-house team and communicate very clearly. In addition to possessing strong UX skills, they offer valuable insights to ensure the best outcomes.

I’m the director of marketing at Mathews Real Estate, a full-service commercial real estate company. We help our clients buy and sell commercial real estate assets.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

We hired them for some quick website maintenance and redesign.

The team has done website development and design work for us on our existing WordPress website. Now, they’re our full-service vendor for websites. They assist with downtime issues and design changes.

We were having a lot of downtime issues on our website at the beginning of this year, and CreateApe worked on troubleshooting.

Alessandro (Founder) is heavily involved, and we’ve also worked with developers and project managers.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

We found them on Clutch or a website just like it.

So far, we’ve spent over $10,000.

We began working with them in November 2018, and our engagement is ongoing.

Since they fixed the website, we haven’t had any downtime issues. We get feedback from our sales agent and clients on the small changes that CreateApe is making to our website.

How CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is great. They are incredibly communicative and are very transparent. The team also lets us know when any issues arise or when something is harder than it seems. We’re aligned when it comes to any issues.

Their knowledge and expertise distinguish them. They are willing to provide suggestions and make sure that we get the best service and product. They’re great on the UX side.

No, I have no suggestions.

Be in constant communication. Also, realize that you’re hiring them to do a job, and they are the experts in their field, so take their advice and suggestions.

In comparison to other developers we’ve worked with, their timing is much quicker, and they deliver on their deadlines.
    They do everything thoughtfully.

Web, UX/UI & Marketing Collateral Design for Music EdTech Co

“They’re very good at making things look fun and exciting yet usable, all at the same time.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

CreateApe is helping a music education technology company overhaul their products’ UX/UI. The team is revamping UX flow for mobile and web apps. They have also designed a website and marketing materials.

Santa Monica, California
COO, Music EdTech Company

The project is ongoing, but early feedback to CreateApe’s work and design aesthetic has been highly positive. They manage the project seamlessly by providing a dedicated product manager and accommodating the communication tools that internal stakeholders prefer.

I’m the COO of a music education technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

We needed to do a UX/UI overhaul of our products.

We began the process by giving them access to our products, and then having long, all-day meetings to describe where we wanted to go with the product.

CreateApe did website design as well as UX flow for mobile and web apps. They also designed marketing materials for us, which even included trade show booths. They have done some frontend development, but very little; we mainly use them for design.

We’ve probably worked with seven team members by now.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

We interviewed 10–15 different design shops. We went through rounds of interviews and ultimately thought that CreateApe was the best cultural fit for us.

We intend to work together for a while, so the total investment will probably be more than $75,000.

Our work together began in October 2019, and it’s ongoing.

We don’t have any data yet; they’ve just done the designs, and we haven’t implemented them yet. However, we have shown their work to different people, and the response to the design aesthetic has been really positive.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re definitely on top of things. We have a dedicated product manager, and she always has the answers I need. They did initially use project management tools, but our culture doesn’t really accommodate the use of such tools, so we took things more old-school. We primarily communicate through phone and email.

Their design aesthetic is really great. They’re very good at making things look fun and exciting yet usable, all at the same time.

I think expectations around the amount of time things take could be a little clearer.

Be very clear about what you want upfront.

Branding Strategy & Design for Child Toothpaste Company

"They’re all perfectionists."

Nov. 2013 - Ongoing

CreateApe leads the initiative to rebrand an oral care company. In addition to building an e-commerce website, they developed and implemented a brand strategy to effectively communicate a value proposition.

Kasey Pitillo
Founder & CEO, Happy Teeth

CreateApe produces superior deliverables that continuously exceed expectations. The team provides creative and technical expertise, which ensures the achievement of project objectives as well as a valuable partnership. Their responsiveness and conscientiousness result in seamless collaboration.

I’m the founder and CEO of Happy Teeth. We’re an oral care company for children, making toddler toothpaste for children three and under.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

We reached a point where we needed to rebrand and relaunch our website. The challenge was to rebrand in a way that communicated our message cohesively. We also wanted the imagery to be fun.

CreateApe designed our new brand image. Their team not only helped to develop our brand strategy but also executed it.

In terms of branding, they now only focused on brand symmetry but also considered conversion rates. Their team worked to help consumers understand our value proposition.

They also built on website to ensure the platform narrated our brand and provided an e-commerce solution. Their team integrated the site with all of our social media channels.

I primarily communicate with Alessandro (Founder). His team includes project managers, designers, and developers. There are probably 5–6 people who work on this project.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

About 10 years ago, Alessandro and I worked at the same company. CreateApe's the only team that I trust to represent my brand. I knew their team had the skills needed to execute this project, which meant I wouldn’t worry about the project not going well.

We’ve spent about $25,000 on their services.

I've worked with CreateApe since launching the company in 2013.

Every new page that I review is better than the last. I’m thrilled with CreateApe. They set the bar in terms of how you want to work with a creative team. Their team's able to make sales and conversions happen for us.

Alessandro’s focused on our business goals and the consumer's experience on our website. Our goals include selling our products and improving our conversion rates. He understands not only consumers but also business strategy. It’s not easy to find a partner that threads those together so easily. CreateApe really knows how to talk to our customers.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

When it comes to timeline and communication, their entire team’s on top of it. If I send an email, they respond within minutes. I know that they have multiple clients, but I feel like I’m their only one. I never feel that their team doesn’t understand us. They’re also cognizant of my budget and timeline.

CreateApe doesn’t just offer us one idea. They give us 4–5 different concepts to consider. All of which are stellar. It’s an amazing feat to be able to do that.

Their ability to effortlessly thread together their knowledge of the consumer and the business is not only fascinating but also valuable. CreateApe offers a one-stop-shop for any company that requires a marketing arm.

They’re all perfectionists. If there’s a challenge, their team brings four different solutions to the table. As I’m running a business, that’s tremendously valuable. I’ve referred many people to them, and every single person has been over the moon.

I would love for more people to know about CreateApe. They probably receive tons of referrals, but they could better promote themselves.

Be open about what you want and then let them work. Don’t put them in a box because they’re out of the box thinkers and that’s exactly what any entrepreneur would want in a creative team. Challenge them because what they’ll bring back to you will be beyond belief.

Overall Score I wish I could give them a 5.5.

Digital Marketing & Design for Data Rewards Center

“CreateApe is my go-to, one-stop media shop. They’re the very best.”

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

CreateApe provides various digital services to a data rewards platform, including social media management, copywriting, video production, web and mobile graphic design, and logo and newsletter design.

Singapore
Ted Hekman
Technology & Operations Director, Elamant

CreateApe supplements a long-term partnership by providing top-tier design work and tangible results, such as 10% user growth per week over the last three months. They work quickly and have proven more than capable of managing multiple tasks at once. The team is easily accessible.

I work for Elamant, a data rewards platform. I’m the technology and operations director.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

I have worked with Alessandro (Founder & Creative Director) for 10 years now across a lot of different companies.

CreateApe has provided graphic design services for web and mobile. They’ve also done newsletters, social media management, and any video work that needs to be done.

In regard to our current engagement with them, we originally approached them to do purely graphic design, including website design, newsletter design, and lots of logo design. As we continued to work with them, we added getting help with copywriting and social media management. We have worked with them on several video media productions.

We have worked with 6¬–7 people from CreateApe.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

I met Alessandro about 12 years ago through a referral from a colleague. That was before he founded CreateApe. I have enjoyed working with him ever since and watching his company grow.

We’ve spent about $20,000 on the current engagement.

My relationship with Alessandro began in 2007. The current engagement began in March 2020.

In terms of our current engagement, we’ve experienced about 10% user growth per week over the last three months. A lot of that is certainly due to Alessandro’s help.

Alessandro continues to win my business because he’s the best designer I’ve ever worked with. I like to use the expression: ‘There are three variables that determine how good contract companies are. They can be good, they can be fast, and they can be cheap.’ That is pretty much how you sum up all of these relationships; Alessandro is all of those. If you want the best design in the fastest amount of time, he’s the one you call.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

Chelina (Project Manager) is amazing and on it; it’s almost like she works 24 hours a day because she’s always around. We have a lot of balls in the air with them at any given time, and she does a fantastic job of managing it all.

CreateApe is my go-to, one-stop media shop. They’re the very best. I love working with them, and I can’t say enough good things about them.

Have weekly meetings and daily communication. They’re great to work with.

Web Dev & Digital Strategy for Physical Therapy Office

“It was a great investment. They were able to tweak things if I wanted and change things on the fly.”

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

CreateApe redesigned a website for a physical therapy practice to improve the site’s appearance and interactivity. They also manage social media ads in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Temecula, California
Dr. Rey Mojares
Owner, PERPETUAL MOTION PHYSICAL THERAPY

The site is interactive and easier to navigate. Patients have commented on the site’s improvement. CreateApe was flexible and accommodating. As schedules changed due to COVID-19, they maintained communication with their partner for a seamless process.

I’m the owner and clinical director of Perpetual Motion Physical Therapy. I’m a doctor of physical therapy.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

We needed to improve our presence online, and make sure my business has a place in social networking. We wanted to get our name out there.

They designed our website; we’re completely revamping it. I went over how I wanted the site to look and how patients could interact with it. We wanted users to be able to understand our services on our site. Then CreateApe provided feedback on how the site should operate. We’re also getting into YouTube advertising. We’ve done a little more with Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as well.

I worked with Al (Owner), Chelina (Project Manager), and one more team member.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

Al is a patient of mine. I brought it up one day, and he let me talk about my concerns. We didn’t actually start working together until he was done with physical therapy.

We spent about $15,000.

We started working with them in April 2020 and our work is ongoing.

The site is more interactive, there are more places for patients to contact, there’s more information, and it’s more intuitive. It easier for patients to communicate with us as well. A previous patient saw the new site and had great things to say about the new design. It’s easier to navigate and helped users find the information they need to sign up. It was a great investment. They were able to tweak things if I wanted and change things on the fly.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

IT was seamless. We’ve been trying to work through COVID-19, and I’m still trying to give patients care, and so I’ve had to change my schedule a lot. CreateApe has been very accommodating throughout the process. I really appreciate their flexibility.

We used Basecamp, so I knew what we needed to work on, it recapped meeting minutes, and allowed me to focus on what I needed to do to speed up the process.

Their professionalism. They have the knowledge and experience to guide us, determine what is attainable, and how to proceed. They know how to capture the client and integrate a lot of information.

No, I don’t think so.

Have a good idea of how you want it to look. You don’t need a web background; you just need to know the content and information you want to include. If you have that, it will be a seamless process.

Website Dev & Branding Services for Consulting Company

"They genuinely care about their clients, and they have a vested interest in doing high-quality work."

May - July 2020

Assisting the business with a rebrand, CreateApe designed a custom WordPress website and is now doing QA work. Throughout the process, they advised the internal team on the best steps to take.

Founder, Consulting Company

Thanks to their branding expertise, CreateApe delivered a simple, professional website that is flexible enough to be modified as the business scales. Their strong project management skills and valuable advice make them an ideal longterm partner. Additionally, the team truly cares about the project.

I’m the founder of a consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

I wanted to rebrand from a one-person coaching firm to a multiple-person talent consulting and coaching firm. So, I hired CreateApe to help buyers understand what I do in simple terms.

CreateApe designed a custom WordPress website and advised me on the best options for the type of company and buyer that I want. They worked with me to develop a vision. The website is almost done. The team is doing QA.

We work with 2–3 teammates. We’ve also interacted with Al (Founder).

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

I’m working with another firm and they’re partnering with us with that other firm. The team did a great job with the other firm that I couldn’t help but hire them.

We’ve spent $3,000–$4,000.

We began working together in May 2020, and the project should be completed next week, in July 2020.

They did a good job of understanding what I wanted from a branding perspective and talking through options. The team gives words to what I don’t have words for in terms of a cohesive brand.

CreateApe is good for a startup brand in not doing too much too soon by building a website that will scale well with the company. They were completely on the same page as me. The website is basic, but it’s also dynamic and flexible which means that I can build on it in the future.

The layout is very professional. It gives me an easy way to build my email list and for people to get in touch with me. I see them as a longterm partner, so when I have other branding needs, I will work with CreateApe again.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is super. The project manager does a phenomenal job when it comes to keeping track of all of the changes. CreateApe is very good at taking my vision and providing options.

At a high level, they’re good with advising. They get drafts quickly, and when I have comments, they always give me great options and it’s always done on schedule.

The team has a spectrum of different things that they can do. They are technically sound and have access to resources that can help with the writing of a website.

I see them as a partner. They genuinely care about their clients, and they have a vested interest in doing high-quality work. They care about me as a person and as a business partner. I have nothing but good things to say about CreateApe.

No, not that I can think of.

I’ve already referred someone to them. Don’t do too much on your own. Have a consultation with them and figure out what your options are for the budget. They’ll work with you on that.

Writing your own content and having them configure it and put it onto the website is a great way to have it look professional while still being in your voice. If you prefer someone else to write your content, they have access to resources like that as well.

Web Development & Design for Environmental Remediation

“Everything they did was crucial for us, and we appreciate having a dedicated, hands-on team.”

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

CreateApe developed a website for an environmental remediation company. They’ve done everything from coding and security updates to uploading videos, creating blog posts, and building landing pages.

Vinay Panday
Director of Marketing, Allaince Enviromental Group

The project increased click-through rates, leads, and conversions. CreateApe was a dedicated partner. The team goes above and beyond to meet project requirements and address issues as they arose. They provide personalized service for their clients.

I’m in charge of marketing at Alliance Environmental Group. Our company is a leader in the West in environmental remediation.

We work closely with insurance investors, restoration companies, general contractors, and facility, property, and hotel managers. We specialize in asbestos removal and abatement, led paint removals from sites, bedbug eradication through specialized structural pasteurization—which is chemical- and odor-free—hard and soft demolition and site clearing, and biohazard service trauma teams for crime and suicide scene cleanups. The disinfection side of our business has scaled during COVID-19.

We recently acquired the Mintie Corporation, which is a leader in global indoor environmental solutions. They produce a mobile containment unit used in hospital environments to stop the spread of airborne viral pathogens. It’s been used with the flu, measles, and tuberculosis, and it’s now being used with COVID-19.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

They’ve done a number of things for us recently, starting with a brand redevelopment and redesign and a reconfiguration of our indoor environmental solution website. We hadn’t had an opportunity to start working on that since we acquired them.

CreateApe created a new version of the website, but they’re also the web and digital solutions company of the group. It has an e-commerce component and a service business with a plethora of content. They handle all regular website and content updates. This includes the creation of landing pages, coding, security updates, and analysis of website traffic. They’re uploading videos, creating blog posts, recreating landing pages, funneling leads, and so on. We go to them on a daily basis.

There’s an initial process with me as the person giving directions, and there are certain stakeholders involved that approve content.

They handle graphic design and content for newsletters, landing pages, SEO and PPC campaigns, brochures, email blasts, and anything else we require.

I believe there are 12 people in total in their team, including designers, developers, and project managers.

We have a dedicated project manager on their side, who understands the nuances of our business. Not everybody, especially a new agency, understand what we do.

I have a great relationship with their CEO, working at a granular level, but I also deal with project managers, developers, and designers. It depends on how big the project is.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

I was fortunate enough to work with them in my previous organization, and I had a great relationship with them there. When I left for this company, I picked up the phone. They’d gone above and beyond previously, and they had great service, so I moved ahead with them. CreateApe has a great track record of working with healthcare businesses and companies in e-commerce.

The site cost around $35,000. The multi-retainer we have with them is for $3,000 per month. We’ve spent in the region of $25,000 so far.

CreateApe started working with us at the beginning of April 2020, and it’s ongoing.

Our infection control COVID-19 campaigns have led to a massive increase in click-through rates, lead generation, and conversions, and we have a good cost per click. We can attribute this to CreateApe’s work on landing page design.

In terms of analysis, our previous agency didn’t give us any technical SEO audits, while CreateApe’s provided that information since we started working with them. We’re getting one step further now, looking at website traffic and how we can increase conversions across the board.

We’re using Hotjar, which can interpret user session recordings and heatmaps. That was a recommendation from CreateApe, and I’d already seen success with it at my previous company. These analytics are going to allow us to pivot and move the needle, especially in uncertain times like these. In working with CreateApe, I’ve realized that they’re providing that needed feedback and granularity.

I’ve gotten some great recommendations from them, such as also using UsabilityHub to get some market research behind it, A/B testing, email campaigns, and so on. They’ve worked with customers in the past that have done that.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

Our dedicated project manager goes above and beyond. If I want something, it’s there within a short period of time. Whether it be a security concern, an issue with the WordPress site, or we have a newsletter that needs to go out, they’re on top of things.

Because of the nature of our business, our content is cyclical and seasonal, and we have updates that need to happen all the time. Everything they did was crucial for us, and we appreciate having a dedicated, hands-on team. They don’t look at us as just a number, doesn’t wait for months to give us a report, and doesn’t put us in a sprint and say that someone will get back to us.

We have weekly status meetings and monthly follow-up meetings, and our executive team is also kept into the loop. Everyone is working together toward a common goal. CreateApe is like an extension of our marketing department, and that’s why we’ll continue working with them.

I can pick up the phone or send them an email at any time to ask for an update. I love their responsiveness and quick turnaround time, especially for an agency based in southern California. We get great value in terms of bang for buck. What’s also good about it is how they structure the information. They put together wireframes and create staging sites. It’s always about keeping us informed and updated.

It’s the level of personalization. I went from being in the most junior position when I started, to being the CMO of a company with a $100 million marketing budget. I’ve seen it all, and there are a lot of companies out there that set certain expectation levels according to what their background has been, but that just treat the client as a number.

If I pick up the phone to speak to their CEO, or if I have to get their project manager on a Zoom call, they’ll drop things for me. Also, by having a dedicated team, they’re able to streamline who takes care of design, coding, and development. CreateApe never dropped the ball—they understand our nuances, the role-players involved, and how to get information through.

More importantly, if there’s an issue, there’s quantifiable data involved. More than just getting traffic onto a website, we need to get conversions from it. I’m excited about what we’re going to see from the website when it’s completed, as well as from other projects with CreateApe moving forward.

I’m a satisfied client, in more ways than one. I can’t find any issue or concern with their service. They always go above and beyond, and always deliver quality work. They keep within what they have to deliver, but also try to go above and beyond. CreateApe is a good agency to work with, and they’ll always give good value and personalized service. More importantly, they offer dedicated teams, so there’s no dropping the ball or lag times.

There can be a lot of moving parts to a business, and they know how to address that. Also, they know healthcare, fashion, B2B, B2C, e-commerce, and so on. Even if they haven’t had experience in a specific area, they’re willing to put in the necessary work and understand the client’s objectives. There are dime-a-dozen agencies out there, and many that claim to have great work capabilities, but a lot of them are one-man-bands. I will continue working with CreateApe, and even carry them over to different roles.

Clients should give them a proper briefing and get CreateApe involved with their business from the outset. We can expect a level of granularity from them, but the client should make sure they outline everything that’s key. What I like about CreateApe is that they’ll quote accordingly if something’s not covered in our retainer, telling us how many hours and resources it’ll take. Once they know exactly what the requirements are, CreateApe will address all the goals and objectives. Even if they come short, they’ll look at it again and go above and beyond. I believe that a company should come with the mindset of under-promising and overdelivering, rather than the opposite.

Software & Web Dev for Music Retail Website

“We communicated on Zoom and had a weekly check-in on the website.”

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

CreateApe designed a website and the UI for a software system. Executing on a rough sketch, they went back and forth on designs, and uploaded to Sigma for the developers to implement.

Michael Patti
CEO, CineSamples

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the final designs. CreateApe has a talented design team and plenty of resources. They were available and responsive throughout the engagement, making them very easy to collaborate with.

I’m the CEO of a company called CineSamples. We create music software for the professional music community.

What challenge were you trying to address with CreateApe?

We’ve been looking at doing a complete web redesign. We are also working on the UI design for a new software product.

On the software project, we had a couple of kick-off calls, and they understood exactly what we were looking for. After some back and forth, I did a quick sketch to demonstrate what I was thinking. They gave me a few options and ways to go about it. Their deliverable was a design, they put it on Sigma, and my engineers would export what they needed from that website to implement and develop.

Al (Founder) is the point man and Chelina (Project Manager) was out project manager. They were organized and kept us on track. Then we had a graphic designer.

How did you come to work with CreateApe?

Al articulated back to me what I was saying. They have a great team, and Al is a good leader. They clearly understood what I was looking for and put the right person on the job.

A lot of other companies were very structured and made is seem like they were a big firm. Al on the other hand was very down to earth and gets his work done.

It’s been over $10,000 at this point.

We started working together in March 2020 and it’s ongoing.

They’re very talented designers. We just hired a CMO recently and he is really impressed with the quality of the design. Our general manager also thought they were fantastic. People are excited about how they’re able to implement its functionality as well.

How did CreateApe perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated on Zoom and had a weekly check-in on the website. They’re very responsive; if I ever sent an email, Chelina responded within minutes. We also use Slack and we created a channel provide notes and feedback. They implemented anything we requested.

They deliver in accordance to deadlines. With the website—it’s not their fault—we kept adding features, so things got pushed a little bit.

I appreciate what they have all the resources I need.  I just need to go to Al, and he makes sure it happens for me no matter what it is.

Since they passed the design on to us. it is taking our team a little longer than I anticipated to implement it. Otherwise, everything is great.

Al helps you come up with a solution, and that’s really helpful. Have an open mind and listen to what they have to say. They’re the experts.

UX Design for Eating Disorder Treatment & Recovery Facility

"They have outstanding design work and the capability to find solutions or pivot directions with incredible speed."

Mar. 2019 - July 2019

CreateApe overhauled the UX of a website for a national eating disorder treatment and recovery company. The team evaluated the existing site and prepared new designs to maintain brand integrity.

Thousand Oaks, California
VP of Marketing, Eating Disorder Treatment Facility

The new website designs have recieved positive feedback from users and the client's UX metrics are showing signs of improvement. CreateApe responds quickly to inquiries and offers multiple design options. The team is creative, driven, and easy to work with.

We are a national eating disorder treatment and recovery company offering residential and outpatient care. I am the Vice President of Marketing.

For what projects/services did your company hire CreateApe?

CreateApe was hired to overhaul the user experience of our website. The bounce rate, time on site and conversion rate indicated that there were UX issues that needed to be resolved.

Primary goals were to improve user experience metrics including reducing the bounce rate, increasing the time on site, increasing return users, and increasing the overall conversion rate.

I had a very positive experience with this vendor at a past company and invited CreateApe to do a proposal for the UX rebuild of our website.

CreateApe evaluated our user experience issues and prepared new designs that would solve the problems while maintaining our important brand integrity. From there they developed and reconfigured our site including web forms and landing pages, and launched on July 13.

The founder was involved and available all the time. We had a project manager who was in contact with us daily and a technical/development team that functioned through the project manager.

The project is only a couple of days old but we've already received positive feedback from users and our UX metrics are showing signs of improvement.

We had direct access to the project manager any time. She is also a WordPress master so we could make requests formally or informally. This personalized approach worked well for us as a small business.

They have outstanding design work and the capability to find solutions or pivot directions with incredible speed. Also the ability to flex and offer multiple solutions.

I would like more regular progress reports in between our weekly review meetings to understand where the project stands in the cycle at any given point.

BRONZE VERIFIED