Bespoke Branding and Packaging Design Studio

We’re a design agency, creating sucessful retail and lifestyle brands since 2009.

We work with a lot of start ups and small businesses and recognise how hard it is to gain recognition and beat competition in crowded market.

We know how important a first impression is. Whether that’s from your website, Instagram, or packaging, we know how to make these communications work for you and continue working for you.

If your brand needs more attention, let's chat. Contact us via LinkedIn or email.

Melbourne, Australia
  • 109 North Bridge Rd
    Singapore 179097
    Singapore

Tea packaging

Brand Identity Design

We specialise in branding for the hospitality and retail industry, delivering luxury and beautiful branding, as well as innovative designs that excite and push boundaries. What you can expect from our creative process:

Brand evaluation workshop

Moodboard

Brand strategy

Brand roadmap & report

Retail packaging design

Drinking Chocolate packaging design and ecommerce website design.

Publication Design

Kirstie Clements, former editor-in-chief of Vogue, bestselling author, judge on Australia’s Next Top Model and style guru, plus a dazzling array of industry insiders give their expert opinions on how to get the job you want, get noticed and get ahead.

Our design aim for this 235-page book was to create a timeless piece that readers could refer to for years to come. We set the type within full bleed block colour pages,

with the addition of high quality photography and the personal touch of Kirstie’s hand notes. It is finished with a flexi bound cover, foil titles and metallic gold end papers.

Premium Skincare Packaging Design

So we started with a brand refresh. The brand name “Salubre” was kept and we developed a modern, luxury beauty identity centred around the clients blend of natural, Chinese medicine and pharmaceutical science.

We demonstrated these two core components of the brand ethos through blending eternal Chinese knots and symbology that represents balance and renewal with the simplified scientific iconography of skin cells.

These combined visuals resulted in an elegant logomark.

Read more on our skincare packaging design portfolio page.

Duotone Cafe Brand Identity

A food and coffee loving duo decided to open a cafe in Perth serving up quality coffee, healthy eats and superfood smoothies. All with the idea of adding a little spark to your system. The brief was to design a brand that’s minimal and modern, something focussing on the story of the founding duo. We were inspired by their lifestyle of clean eating, energetic personalities and knowledge in&nbsp

;fitness and body building. We began with the name DuoTone – then branched out from there to the entire brand philosophy including the interior space, products and collateral.

Branding & Web Dev for Retail Business

"The studio's process was much like making a fine garment from scratch."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Courtney Kim Studio performed branding and e-commerce development services to generate customer demand. Services have included re-naming the business and designing a logo.

Melbourne, Australia
Jose Zarpan
Owner, Jose Zapan Exclusive Tailor

Customers have praised the aesthetics of the new brand and the convenience of the e-commerce site. The implementation of a referral marketing strategy has already generated results. The studio's quality work was complemented by an ability to broaden horizons by teaching new concepts.

I'm the business owner and tailor at my own tailoring business. I'm one of a few locally measured and handmade tailors in my area.

For what projects/services did your company hire Courtney Kim Studio?

I hired Courtney Kim Studio to give my business a fresh new brand, execute a marketing strategy, and build an e-commerce site.

I wanted to generate more demand for my services. Since I relocated my studio, I wanted to attract new customers and build relationships from the ground up.

I wanted the branding for my service to appear as exclusive and high quality as my work. Specifically, I needed my new logo and website to have a high-end and classic look.

I met Courtney (Creative Director, Courtney Kim Studio) since we worked in the same building together. We got to know each other after exchanging business advice, and that’s when I gained confidence that Courtney could take my business to the next level. During our conversations, she listened and understood the details of my business and my clientele.

Courtney Kim Studio began by renewing the identity of my brand by changing the business name. Then, she created a logo and a small mark to add to my embroidery tags, name cards, swing tag, and dust bags.

After establishing the brand design, we added a shopping cart function to my website that allowed me to sell garments online and reach out to customers. She also assisted me with a printing process I had experienced difficulties with.

I mainly dealt with Courtney as my main point of contact, but I also spoke with other graphic designers and a copywriter.

Each time I displayed my logo or my new business cards, everyone said to me, "Wow, who did it?". The e-commerce site is more convenient for customers who are too busy to go out shopping, and I have noticed more customers inquiring about my work since it launched. Her suggestions to kickstart a referral marketing strategy have been very effective, and people have enjoyed it.

It has been a slow and steady process, but that gave me the opportunity to really understand the creative work that goes into the process. The whole journey took me over a new learning curve, and I know it will continue to positively affect my business in the long term.

Courtney really listens and understands. She has a lot of experience and displayed great attention to detail. I can tell she loves her work and is passionate about what she does. The studio has guided me step-by-step through the journey, and I enjoyed every bit of the process and the outcome.

She takes time to produce quality work. But that didn't bother me as I enjoyed the slow process because it gave me enough time to think about her advice and then implement it. The studio's process was much like making a fine garment from scratch.

Brand Design for Accounting Company

"I found their level of service impressive."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Courtney Kim Studio renewed a brand identity through a variety of digital and print design services. The team designed a new website, logo, and business cards.

Australia
Tish Bhagwandeen
Director, InFinance

Internal stakeholders have been pleased to see their ideas transformed into designs that resonate with their brand identity. They have managed communication efficiently throughout the timeline. The team produces polished, professional work.

I’m the director of InFinance Solutions, a financial services company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Courtney Kim Studio?

I hired Courtney Kim Studio to re-brand my new accounting consulting company.

I wanted to move away from the traditional branding of an accounting company. My aim was to give the brand the look and feel of a young, innovative, and female-led company.

I found Courtney Kim (Creative Director, Courtney Kim Studio) via her LinkedIn profile and invited her to submit a proposal to relaunch my brand.

First, I answered a brand discovery questionnaire. This was used as a basis to develop the initial branding idea and then workshop my brand concept. We then designed the new logo, website, business cards, and other collateral.

Courtney leads the project, and she is my point of contact. I also work with Victoria (Graphic Designer, Courtney Kim Studio) to support the creative process and visual presentation of the products.

I asked to maintain an infinity symbol in the designs, and the team took that into consideration when creating my brand identity. I have been pleased with the result of the identity, colors, and professional look and feel of the brand.

It has been efficient. There have been no unnecessary meetings or queries throughout the process.  As a client, Courtney made me feel important.

I was impressed with how the team took my answers and transformed my preferences into visual representations of what my company is about.

While there's always a room to improve, I’m happy with the team’s work. I found their level of service impressive.