We Can Make it Better, Technically Speaking

It's our mission to provide insightful consultation, build exemplary products and provide technological engineering muscle to solve tough problems for our clients.

Coshx Labs is a team of talented engineers and designers who are passionate about making better products and helping them scale through elegant and innovative solutions. The Coshx Labs culture is one based on transparency and trust and we actively work to overcome obstacles, fears and doubts that convolute this culture. We strive daily to provide peerless technological expertise to our clients, offering them the right solutions for their problem.

Charlottesville, VA
  • 33 S 3rd St Suite D.
    Grand Forks, ND 58201

WeWork, The Knot, GE, University of Virginia, MERCK, Couchsurfing, ACAC

Roots Natural Kitchen

Due to the high demand at their brick and mortar stores, Roots developed a mobile ordering application. Coshx extended Roots’ existing iOS application to support Android phones, redesigned their point of sale iPad application, and provides ongoing maintenance and extension of administrator tools for mobile ordering.

Coshx was initially contracted to build an Android application to mirror a pre-existing iOS

application. A cross-platform development approach was adopted using React Native. Within 8 weeks, Coshx released identical iOS and Android apps. Not long after deploying the Android application, we replaced the native iOS app with the React Native application and sunsetted the original iOS app. We are still maintaining the React Native application and are actively developing new features.

Following our delivery of Roots’ mobile ordering applications, Coshx was asked to redesign Roots’ existing point of sale iPad application. The redesign provided usability enhancements and features such as:

• A softer color palette
  • Iconography to help visualize order size
  • An archive of past orders​
  • Master-detail navigation of orders across time slots
  • Summary statistics of orders in each time slot

GoGoBand

GOGO Band provides a nocturnal enuresis mitigation system with no pharmaceuticals. Their system monitors biorhythms and alerts parents before their child is likely to bed wet. Over time, intervention before bed-wetting events trains children to stop wetting the bed.

Coshx designed and delivered native mobile applications for iOS and Android phones. The parent app tracks a child’s biorhythms and shows a child’s

progress through the training phase following enrollment with GOGO Band. After training is complete, parents can track wet and dry nights on a calendar and track improvements through charts and graphs and receive alarms to their phone if their child is about to wet the bed so that they may assist their child in getting to the bathroom.

From design to development, Coshx delivered two native mobile applications in 8 weeks.

App Development for Food Chain

"We serve over 400 people a day on the app."

July 2018 - Ongoing

Coshx developed a native application for a restaurant chain that serves healthy food choices. The team built a backend where orders can be controlled. They also created an app for kitchen staff.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Alberto Namnum
Owner, Roots Natural Kitchen

Orders have been consistent since the first iteration of the app became available. The app also benefitted the efficiency of the business. External and internal feedback has been excellent. Coshx’s responsiveness supplemented their personable nature.

I’m the owner of a healthy food restaurant chain. We serve grain bowls and salads.

What challenge were you trying to address with Coshx?

We initially had an iOS app. Coshx was hired to build a native app for both Android and iOS with feature changes.

The app is a standard restaurant ordering service. Users select the time for their order and place it. On the backend, there are functionalities that I can adjust. I can see how many requests come in, modify orders, set time options, and place different locations. I’m also able to set promotions for specific locations. There’s also a kitchen app where workers can see order requests.

There were five developers on the team, but we only worked with four at a time.

How did you come to work with Coshx?

Coshx was referred to me by the people who developed the initial iOS application. That agency didn’t have the capabilities for other platforms that Coshx has.

We’ve spent around $70,000.

We started working with Coshx in July 2018, and the work is ongoing.

We serve over 400 people a day on the app. The kitchen application has changed service drastically. Feedback has been nothing but positive.

How did Coshx perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style is excellent. I have nothing but great things to say about Coshx.

I can pick up the phone and call them whenever I want. It feels like working with a team, not a company I hired.

Not that I know of. I can’t think of anything negative.

Clients should be engaged and involved in the process. Coshx lets their clients know how everything is built and what’s being worked on. Don’t resist being involved because you’ll notice areas you want to change and want to prioritize some aspects of the project.

Overall Score I continue to work with them and hopefully will for a while.
    There have been no issues.
    We’re getting a great return on the money we’ve spent.
    Everything works.

iOS and Android Dev for Restaurant App

"They truly cared and treated my project as their own."

June 2018 - Feb. 2019

Coshx Labs built Android and iOS apps using React Native, Ruby on Rails, and other tools. The apps integrated with multiple databases and APIs.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Elizabeth Heinberg
Founder, Simili

Users loved the apps' intuitive design and attractive branding. Coshx Labs went above and beyond, explaining the entire process and training the internal team. Their attention to detail, clear communication, and friendly, helpful attitude made the partnership enjoyable.

I'm the founder of Simili, a mobile app that helps groups of people decide where to eat and when to meet. I do everything except develop the product.

For what projects/services did your company hire Coshx Labs?

I needed to transform my idea from an ill-functioning web app to a well-designed mobile app. The complex backend needed to integrate with multiple databases, and the algorithm needed to recommend restaurants based on the stated preferences of a group of people.

I knew that my web app was a non-starter that didn't align with user behavior. I needed an attractive, easy-to-use app. It's difficult to get people to change their behavior, so the benefits of the app needed to outweigh this friction. My background is in branding and marketing, so I cared about those things. Fortunately, Coshx Labs did too.

I did a lot of research and considered off-shore developers. As a non-technical person, I needed thought leadership. Someone who had worked with Coshx Labs recommended them highly. I reached out and was completely sure that they were the vendor for me.

Coshx Labs built Android and iOS mobile apps using React Native. They worked with me from design to delivery, helping me think through all the complicated use case scenarios I hadn't considered.

They designed screens and backend actions to account for user flows. They also built a flexible backend that could move in a different direction if my frontend needs changed. The project included Postgres databases, Ruby On Rails, Heroku, SendGrid, and Firebase. They accessed information through the Yelp API and developed a custom algorithm.

The CEO led my project. The first core team included an intern and my junior developer, but other developers always assisted. Their team supported one another well. Later, I worked with two fabulous Coshx Labs developers. Their designer was involved the whole time and brought in when necessary.

It's still early, but I've received lots of positive feedback. Users, especially ones who saw earlier versions of the app, compliment its new design and branding. I'm happy with the outcome of this project and plan to work with them again. Since Coshx Labs taught me an incredible amount, I'm better able to manage my product and company.

They managed the workflow well, and communication was their strong suit. We organized regular meetings. Even though I could tell that their team was busy, I always felt they were totally focused on my project.

I was impressed by their thoughtfulness. They weren't just nice people. They also put real brainpower into my project. They truly cared and treated my project as their own. Lots of companies call themselves partners, but few manage to feel that way, especially for a sustained period.

The project took longer than anticipated, but that was my fault. They agreed to mentor my junior developer for the project, which slowed things down. At the end, however, I had a resource who knew the product inside and out. We both learned so much from the experience. Coshx Labs delivered more than just a product: they delivered an education too!

Overall Score I couldn't have been more pleased.
    Meetings happened regularly, and they were always very responsive.
    They aren't the cheapest, but I absolutely got more than what I paid for. It was a tremendous value.
    I'm very happy with what they delivered.
    I will recommend them without reservation