Our client, a big e-commerce platform, experienced difficulties with its application availability.
The application hasn’t been optimized to operate as a high-load, high-availability solution and was unable to handle the high traffic.
1. Our DevOps engineers rebuilt the monolithic architecture into the microservices, making the system more flexible and…
2. Built Kubernetes cluster on bare metal servers, implementing high-availability master nodes, scalable networking, Ingress, and persistent storage.
3. Integrated CI/CD pipelines with zero downtime to make app deployment quicker and error-proof.
4. Deployed CI/CD runner with concurrency features to prevent time-consuming tasks from impacting app performance.
5. Integrated four stages of development: dev, test, stage, prod to allow phased, risk-free rollout.
Client’s budget was limited and cost saving was a priority. We significantly reduced manual work that allowed for headcount reduction.
More specifically, CI/CD implementation reduced HC by 2 due to the automation of manual processes. This diminished human factor and got rid of time-consuming mistakes.
Additionally, Kubernetes cluster helped switch from the extremely outdated on-premise DC that was managed and maintained by on-site staff. Switching allowed to save 2 more full-time positions.