Right People at the Right Time

We believe that attracting and retaining the best frontline employees begins with presenting your company as the industry leader. Well known brands attract excellent employees and well-developed companies retain the best of the best.

At Core Matters we work with small and medium businesses to build the engine that will attract enough of the right people to fill every open position.

It's time to say goodbye to the labor shortage and dominate your competition for only the best!

$300+ / hr

Phoenix, AZ
  • 20860 N Tatum Blvd. Suite 300
    Phoenix, AZ 85050

Recruitment Marketing for Supply Company

"The project lead was thoughtful and did an exceptional job keeping the entire team was engaged."

June 2016 - Nov. 2018

Core Matters, LLC created a recruitment strategy by collaborating with company leaders to solidify mission, vision and value statements. They then used company data to create a social media campaign.

Roger L. Bowman
VP of Merchandising & Marketing, AZ Partsmaster

By growing the company’s digital presence, Core Matters, LLC generated quality leads and increased recruitment’s conversion rate. The project lead was relentless and dedicated to advancing the company through new hires. Their extensive communication assured partners that the project would succeed.

Partsmaster is a MRO supplier to the multi-family industry serving the Southwest US via 7 distribution centers. As VP of Merchandising and Marketing I worked directly with Ryan at Core Matters for the duration of our engagement.

For what projects/services did your company hire Core Matters, LLC?

Core Matters was brought on to assists Partsmaster in developing our Mission, Vision and Values statement, review/audit or prior sales and marketing efforts and to propose and execute various enhancements and market specific programs.

Increased visibility and sales.

Business introduction followed by extensive preliminary meetings and interviews.

Ryan was brought on with the goal of his being our offsite CMO. Working with our leadership team Mission, Vision and Values statements were created and distributed internally. The project lead was thoughtful and did an exceptional job keeping the entire team was engaged. Follow on projects including Partsmasters entry into social media and social media marketing delivered the results we had been promised.

I worked hand in hand with Ryan as well as additional staff he brought in as needed.

The LinkedIn campaigns Ryan implemented generated the number and quality of leads we anticipated, with a great conversion rate.

Ryan is exceptionally well organized, his follow up is relentless and as a high communicator you are never in doubt as to the status of a project.

Ryan was challenged to be an agent of change in a 35 year old company, whose leadership team is, for the most part, extremely tenured. His patience, communications and persistence resulted in our making significant strides in all aspects of the digital world.

Ryan's efforts resulted in Partsmaster making strides forward in terms of customer contact via LinkedIn, Facebook and email marketing. He set the stage for advancements we continue to make in regards to our website and mobile presence.

Never an issue conecting
    Job appropriate.
    "Good Enough" was never "Good Enough" for Ryan.

Staffing Support for Business Traction Firm

“Their priority is actually to help clients, not what they might get out of the deal.”

2017 - Ongoing

In an ongoing partnership, Core Matters, LLC partners with a business traction firm to provide compatible hires. They deliver personalized attention, keeping client values in mind while evaluating candidates.

Jeremy Macliver
Owner, Guaranteed Traction

In a difficult hiring market, Core Matters, LLC is able to produce quality candidates that are compatible with company objectives and fill available positions quickly. They keep clients informed and engaged throughout the process while maintaining integrity surrounding cost.

I am the owner of a company that helps businesses drive results.

What challenge were you trying to address with Core Matters, LLC?

I partner with Ryan (CEO, Core Matters, LLC) on several projects. Many of my clients are growing very quickly and are struggling to find the right hires because the unemployment market is low, and Ryan is great at finding the best people for the job.

The main thing they do for our clients is finding the right people to hire for their teams. Ryan researches the values of a company and what’s going on within it before gathering resumes and potential hires. He consults with each client, screening, vetting, and promoting the businesses. Their team works closely with the companies throughout the entire process.

Almost all of my contact has been with Ryan directly, but my assistant coordinates with his team.

How did you come to work with Core Matters, LLC?

We were introduced at a workshop where I was speaking. We immediately recognized some opportunities to work together. Now, we’ve been partnering on different deals for several years.

We have more of a partnership; my clients have probably invested about $15,000 collectively with them.

We started working together in 2017 and continue to collaborate on projects together.

Their team makes a huge difference, and overall my clients are satisfied. With their support, one of my clients filled all of their open positions within three months that they had been struggling to fill before.  Ryan finds tons of potential candidates for various positions, whereas some competitors grapple to find one.

How did Core Matters, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

Ryan is easy to connect with over phone and email and is on top of everything. He’s been the driving force of the project, setting up meetings and holding everyone accountable. Part of what makes them successful is his management skills.

Their priority is actually to help clients, not what they might get out of the deal. There have been a few instances when I’ve thought something would be a perfect fit, but Ryan will discover a few details that I didn’t know were important. He then tells us what to do but will also acknowledge that we don’t need his help for that particular task. I think that’s so impressive and it doesn’t cost my clients.

Not that I can think of.

Trust the process. I’ve seen how they work enough times to know that it’s different from other recruiting companies. They know what they’re doing.

It pays for itself.
    I routinely recommend them.

Recruitment & Retention Services for Public Relations Firm

"I am most impressed by how much they actually care for their clients."

May 2018 - Ongoing

Core Matters, LLC provides employee recruitment and retention services. The team consults on a range of areas, including hiring practices, company culture, and internal processes.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Josh Weiss
President, 10 to 1 Public Relations

Core Matters continues to meet client goals by identifying challenges, reducing employee recruitment costs and time, and fostering positive company culture. Well-versed in both digital and traditional marketing, the team employs a methodical, efficient approach that produces consistent results.

I own 10 to 1 Public Relations, a strategic communications firm. We use proactive media relations to grow, maintain, and protect our clients’ brands, as well as build positive awareness of their companies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Core Matters, LLC?

We serve many clients who often struggle to find good blue-collar job candidates for open positions. Though we excel at media relations, we partner with Core Matters to help those clients attract and onboard the right hires for their business.

The goals vary with the customer, but there are several that are fairly common, such as: reducing cost per hire; reducing time to hire; improving both the quantity and quality of applicants; developing a brand based on culture; and systematizing and automating the hiring process.

We met while working with a mutual client. I was extremely impressed by their thoroughness and genuine desire to help the client achieve their goals. I also found Core Matters’ owner to be candid and honest, promising only what he could deliver and delivering everything he promised.

Core Matters works directly with company leadership to understand and remove friction points. This often consists of formalizing processes and company culture. Once these issues are acknowledged internally, Core Matters can then apply their marketing efforts toward promoting and recruiting new employees. Operating based on this common understanding increases the quality of the candidate, their ability to succeed within the company, and their likelihood to remain long-term.

Though I have worked directly with the owner, I know that his team behind the scenes has been active in creating and implementing the established strategy.

Not only has Core Matters helped refine processes and develop the culture within my own company, but they have done so with our clients as well. Their improved processes have reduced the cost per hire and expedited employee recruitment time.

Core Matters’ emphasis on the process is evident in their workflow. They have been very easy to work with and always meet their deadlines. With the owner personally reviewing the entire team’s work, I have been consistently happy with their results.

I am most impressed by how much they actually care for their clients. I feel safe recommending them to my clients knowing that they will serve all parties with the highest levels of integrity and aplomb.

They also know how to use their digital and traditional marketing expertise to target the intended audience, generate the best results, and achieve the desired goals. The way they use and refine best practices for traditional marketing to improve recruiting and hiring is impressive in its directness but brilliant in its execution.

Their process works, so there is no need to fix what works.

Overall Score Core Matters is fantastic at helping companies recruit new employees by marketing company culture effectively in order to attract the right candidates.
    Scheduling calls was very easy and the team responded quickly to emails.
    When taking in to account the costs of hiring and onboarding, Core Matters saves companies a lot of money.
    They care, they do what they say they will, and they produce the desired results.
    I already have referred them to both friends and clients who have thanked me for doing so.

HR & Recruiting Support for Construction Company

“They’re continually trying different methods of getting us more leadership personnel.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Core Matters provided branding to appeal to a quality workforce. They assist with recruiting on an ongoing basis.

Davie, Florida
Jennifer Nix
President, Shelby Erectors, Inc.

The team’s efforts yielded immediate results within the first 90 days. They hold insightful weekly meetings and are committed to fostering a positive professional relationship. Core Matters consistently delivers quality results and are worth the monetary investment.

I’m the president of Shelby Erectors. We’re a construction company based in Florida, and we provide rebar installation, SIP metal decking installation, and bridge work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Core Matters?

We were trying to hire and maintain a quality workforce. We were finding it difficult to find quality workers to work in our industry and retain them. We have a high turnover, since our industry is a tough trade, and it’s outside in the Florida heat. We were looking for high-quality employees that would have some loyalty.

When Core Matters came on board, they helped us establish our core values, evaluate what we stood for, and figure out who we were looking for in the hiring process.

We work directly with Ryan (CEO, Core Matters).

How did you come to work with Core Matters?

We first learned about Core Matters at a national convention. We heard a presentation that led us to an interview with them; we liked what they had to say.

We’ve invested $100,000 – $250,000.

We began working together in July 2018, and our work is ongoing.

Core Matters helped us find 50 employees within the first 90 days of working with them, which was remarkable. They’re continually trying different methods of getting us more leadership personnel.

How did Core Matters perform from a project management standpoint?

Core Matters performs great in terms of project management. I look forward to every single weekly meeting; I feel like my leadership team and I always get something out of them. We do Zoom meetings, so we can see and hear each other.

I was really impressed when Ryan flew out to our national convention in April and met with us face-to-face. He went to all of our meetings and tried to understand our scope of work a lot better; I think that was fantastic.

No, nothing comes to mind. We’re doing great with Core Matters.

My most important word of advice is to not be afraid to spend the money to get the quality work back. As a small business, it was a little scary to put that investment monetarily in; we couldn’t be more thankful that we made that commitment. Don’t just look at the price tag and say no; give them a chance, and you won’t regret it.

Recruiting & Lead Generation for Electrical Contractor

“The way they isolate our core problems is fantastic. We talk about those issues and find ways to resolve them.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Core Matters, LLC created a hiring system for an electrical contractor. With a mind for marketing, they’ve helped with lead generation and process automation, and they give guidance for new technologies.

Chad Ridenour
Principal, Turn It On Electric LLC

Lead generation, sales, and the total ticket count are on the rise. Core Matters, LLC is a communicative partner, and the relationship is strong. They outline the pros and cons of every system under consideration, and they are intuitive consultants.

We are a small electrical contractor. We have a small construction division and a service division. I'm the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Core Matters, LLC?

We wanted help with recruiting and finding the right people for our business.

They helped us create a hiring system, and they continue to help us make it better. They've also assisted with lead generation and process automation. They have a good mind for marketing, and they take our industry-specific ideas and make them impactful in terms of lead generation.

They're an integral part of our systems and processes, and they bring on new systems and app that matter. They give us the pros and cons of every system we consider, and their knowledge is way ahead of the curve. We look to them as our technical expert, and working with them is great for us.

I only have one point of contact, but the whole team is bigger. Everyone on their team is top-notch, and they ask all the right questions. Everything they do runs smoothly.

How did you come to work with Core Matters, LLC?

We're part of the same entrepreneurs’ organization, but I heard about them from a friend in another group. I followed up on that recommendation, and we've worked together ever since.

We pay them around $2,000-$3,000 per month, depending on the work we bring them. We've probably spent near $50,000.

The partnership started in August 2017, and our work together is ongoing.

The tangible deliverable is the hiring system we use. We have other applications we use every day. Lead generation and total ticket count have gone up, partly thanks to their contributions. Sales are up, and all our systems are better.

How did Core Matters, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is stellar. They have a tracking system for the process, and they finish everything on time. We communicate through phone, email, text, and in-person meetings. We've developed a strong personal friendship through this partnership.

The way they isolate our core problems is fantastic. We talk about those issues and find ways to resolve them. They make intuitive suggestions, and they are always to the point.

Whenever I have an idea, I can throw it at them to discuss the pros and cons. It's a good, functional deal, and I don't have any recommendations for improvements.

Be honest and open with them. They're there to help, and they do a great job. We've gotten as far as we have because of our candidness with them.