Web Development from A to Z

Concise Studio is a web development and website design company specializing in full-stack development, WordPress customizations, and technical support for clients involved in eCommerce, transportation and logistics, mobile app development, arts and leisure, and many more. Our team is comprised of specialists in frontend development and backend development, talented UX designers and graphic designers, experienced project managers, and copywriters. We are based in Toronto, Ontario.

Certified Public Accountant. Corporate website Image

Certified Public Accountant. Corporate website

The client wanted a website that would be simple, clean and elegant, but also funstional, intuitive, and very quick to load.

The combination of a fully informative home page with only a few key additional pages and a blog was chosen. Our designers created the UX concept and sitemap and designed the illustrations. Our web developers put all of the components together, creating a website solution that was attractive and

user-friendly, with full functionality.
Individual Website for a Public Figure Image

Individual Website for a Public Figure

The client commissioned a full redesign of an existing website.

Because of the new website needed to conform the highest standards of navigation, usability, and responsiveness, the project required involvment of frontend developers, UX designer and backend developer.

Wordpress theme customization Image

Wordpress theme customization

We have taken the old website design and gave it a significant makeover.

Web Development & Design for Digital Marketing Agency

Their attention to detail is also stellar.”

July - Aug. 2019

Concise Studio developed a new WordPress website for a small marketing agency. Their goal was to increase load speed, improve the outdated platform’s look and feel, and educate the client on admin capabilities.

Katya Ryabov
Owner, SMM Headquarters

Concise Studio delivered a great website that’s received positive feedback from clients and professional acquaintances. The team was proactive in ensuring a flawless delivery and suggesting improvements. They were also exceptionally communicative, responsive, and sensitive to the client's needs.

I’m the owner and founder of a small marketing agency called SMM Headquarters.

What challenge were you trying to address with Concise Studio?

We needed a new website since our original WordPress-based platform had become outdated. We wanted to improve its look as well as its load speed.

Concise Studio designed and developed a new WordPress site from scratch. They presented me with several design options and wireframes early on in the engagement. I was very clear from the beginning that I was looking for someone who would guide me in understanding the site structure so that I could take full advantage of admin capabilities in the future.

I was primarily in contact with Diana (Co-Founder), but I also spoke briefly with Anton (Co-Founder) about a few technical things.

How did you come to work with Concise Studio?

They were referred to me by a friend.

I spent around $5,000.

We began the project in July of 2019, and the site was finished by the end of August.

The new website is very fast, which is excellent since load speed was one of the primary issues with my old website.

In terms of qualitative feedback, I can confidently say that everybody’s happy with the website. It’s functional and looks great. My clients often comment on how user-friendly my website is. Recently, an acquaintance of mine — totally unprompted —gave me a compliment about how it looks professionally designed.

How did Concise Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

I was very happy with them on this front. They were very easy to get in touch with if I needed something. They were also very proactive in terms of asking what they needed and clarifying what I wanted. They went above and beyond in offering suggestions for improvement on items I wasn’t necessarily thinking about.

Their team is excellent and can bring on different specialists based on what the project requires. Their attention to detail is also stellar. Finally, I appreciated that they guided me throughout the process since I’m not well-versed in the specifics of web development.

I can’t think of anything, no. I wouldn’t hesitate to work with them again when I need anything else.

Be very specific about what you want. The more examples you can provide of what you’re looking for, the closer they’ll be able to get you to your goal. Just like in any other project, it pays to be well-prepared.

Web Dev for Cloud Accounting Firm

"They delivered the foundation I really needed to get my web presence going."

Nov. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Concise Studio developed a website using WordPress for a cloud accounting firm. They also built a CMS, incorporated existing content, and optimized the site for search engines.

Vasily Ryabov
President & Founder, Consigo

Since launching the new site, the client has seen more traffic to the professional, polished platform. Earning positive feedback on their work, Concise Studio was reliable and consistent even when holidays impacted schedules, prioritizing responsiveness and the project’s requirements.

I’m the president and founder of Consigo, a cloud accounting firm. I operate 100% remote in the cloud for mainly Canadian clients but there are a couple of U.S. clients as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Concise Studio?

I needed a company to develop my website. I had a website that I built myself but it didn’t look professional or work as I wanted it to.

They designed and developed my website from scratch and used WordPress. There was a designer involved from the very beginning and I gave them comments and suggestions early on. We made a few revisions a couple of weeks into the process.

The site establishes a communication channel between my business and the clients, with a CMS that they built for me. Though it doesn’t have much e-commerce function to it, they optimized it for search engines.

Diana (Co-Founder) was my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Concise Studio?

A couple of my friends had worked with them and they recommended the team.

We spent less than $10,000.

We worked together from November 2019–January 2020. It took about eight weeks including holidays and leaving time for me to provide materials to them.

We went from having a website that didn’t look good to having a website that looked professionally made. Though it’s too early for metrics, there’s certainly more visits every month. Some clients told me the website looked good and better than before. They delivered the foundation I really needed to get my web presence going.

How did Concise Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive especially considering the holidays we worked around. Initially, I reached out to them and we went over what the project would entail, the pages I require, and the content I needed to produce myself. They responded within 24 hours, so I’d give them a perfect rating in project management.

I like the size of their team — they weren’t big but it made them very approachable. They were fluid and easy to work with.

I don’t have anything negative to say about them.

Make sure you know what you want. The better you can formalize your requirements, the easier the process will be.

Custom Software Dev for Automotive Company

"The Concise Studio team always gives ideas, which is very rare in my experience working with programmers."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

Concise Studio is building an inventory module to work with an automotive company’s billing software. It uses MySQL and PHP and can apply to similar software solutions and companies.

Newmarket, Canada
Alexander Golubchenko
Owner, York Region Tire Ltd

The functionality is complete, but the project is under development. Concise Studio has delivered ahead of schedule and the client’s expectations. Their willingness to make suggestions combined with their expertise and reasonable prices make them a valuable partner.

I’m the owner and director of marketing at York Region Tire Ltd., an automotive company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Concise Studio?

I integrated an open-source billing software into the business to keep track of customers. I needed help developing a custom-made module to keep track of our inventory.

Concise Studio developed custom software for our existing billing system. We wanted a module that could be applied to other software as well. If we need to install the same software for another company, this module can be applied to the other company as well. It’s pretty much built in MySQL and PHP, but there might be some JavaScript.

While working on this project, we together came up with another project that we will do after this one is fully completed.

I work with Anton (Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with Concise Studio?

They were referred by another IT company. Concise Studio gave me a reasonable price and had experience working with the same billing system. The other developers I found on Upwork had zero knowledge of this open-source billing system. Concise Studio also said the whole project wouldn’t take more than two months, while other companies gave estimates for 6–12 months.

We’ve spent $8,000.

We started working together in April 2020, and the work is ongoing.

The software is not fully complete yet; we’re working on finalizing the functionality, and we haven’t worked on the look yet. At this point, it looks 100% functional and ready to work. We just need to fine-tune it.

How did Concise Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m extremely satisfied with the project management. There aren’t any issues. The communication is good as well. They’re on Skype 24/7. If there are any bugs or issues to report, they’re always available.

The Concise Studio team always gives ideas, which is very rare in my experience working with programmers. Anton gives suggestions on how to avoid future issues. Concise Studio is also fast. I thought the project would take at least six months, but it’s been one month, which is pretty incredible given that this is not a small project.

No, they’re doing a great job.

Try to share all the technical tasks and everything you can think of. To get the proper estimate, you have to put everything you need on paper. Describe it in as much detail as you can.

They’ve exceeded my expectations.
    They offered the most reasonable quote.

Web Dev & Design for Municipal Politician

"Their ability to translate our brief into a full scope of work was really effective."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

Concise Studio created a WordPress website and integrated existing social media channels. They added several features, including on-site petitions, and ensured for easy navigation and usability.

Rishab Mehan
Chief of Staff, Councillor Brad Bradford

The site has been well-received by users and the internal team is satisfied with how easy to use it is. In addition to emphasizing simplicity and clarity in their work, Concise Studio also demonstrated an ability to adapt to changes and achieve the ultimate vision for the project.

I’m the chief of staff for a municipal politician, representing around 120,000 residents in the east end of Toronto. I run operations for the team and coordinate the Councillor's city hall work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Concise Studio?

The Councillor I work for was newly elected and a young politician, so, among many other things after winning the election, we needed to set up a new website.

They set up our WordPress website. They integrated all of our social media platforms, making sure our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter content show up on our site.

We also needed the site to be easily updated because our team has varying degrees of technology expertise. The navigation needed to be easy, especially since many constituents may fall into the demographic that is less familiar with online tools.

They highlighted a few different elements to share information and emphasize the simplicity of the design. They added features to mobilize users, like integrating petitions to the site and being able to extract the data.

Dan (Backend Developer) was our main point of contact and we also coordinated with Diana (COO & Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with Concise Studio?

We had a pretty broad scope but a limited understanding of the technical nature, so we reached out to a few different teams. We spoke to Diana about their proposal, we came back with a budget and they ran through the possibilities. Their proactive, collaborative approach toward cost really helped us pick them, along with a recommendation from the person who manages our project.

The total we spent for Concise Studio’s help was around $1,500 CAD (approximately $1,100 USD).

We worked together from January–April 2019.

Generally, we’ve got good feedback from users and the site has been well received. On our end, we find the site to be relatively easy to update and we can present all of the information we need to, which is a lot, in a clear, simple way.

From looking at some of our Google Analytics metrics, the site is performing to our standard and overall we’re pretty happy.

How did Concise Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

They far exceeded our expectations in terms of responsiveness. Being in a political office, there were shifting priorities and they were very flexible to that.

They were always there when we needed them. Any delays in the project came from our end on the client-side, but they were patient in working with us. All bugs were resolved very quickly, too.

Their ability to translate our brief into a full scope of work was really effective. Their collaborative design process helped us figure out exactly what we needed. They made sure we got the right visual appeal and structure for our content while delivering the necessary information.

Walking us through some of the hosting aspects could have been helpful since we didn’t really have too much insight into how to make those decisions. That wasn’t really what they were working on, but we could have used more direction on that.

Spend as much time as you can internally coming up with a brief and bring examples. Be as informed as you can as a client.