Smarter IT Solutions Since 1990

Started in 1990, Computer Maintenance Service is a complete technology solution provider.  We are 100% committed to making sure business owners have the most reliable and professional IT service in Chicago and surrounding areas. Our team of talented IT professionals can solve your IT nightmares once and for all.

Here’s why so many businesses depend on Computer Maintenance Service for complete IT services and support:

Limited to No Downtime; Custom Designed Support Packages; Professional, Knowledgeable, Honest and Reliable Service; Affordable Solutions; One Stop Shop

Our custom service packages deliver what you need and want without overstepping the boundaries of your budget. From cloud services to data backup, Computer Maintenance Service is here to team up with you and your company for expert support.

1990
Mokena, IL

Dental Practices, Medical Facilities, Manufacturers, Legal Offices, Real Estate Managment Offices, etc.

IT Managed Services for Machine Company

“Computer Maintenance Service has impeccable customer service.”

Jul. 2000 - Ongoing

Computer Maintenance Service installed computers, servers, software, and a camera system. Over the course of an 18-year partnership, they’ve offered maintenance and support for all the company’s IT needs.

Tinley Park, Chicago
Bryon Bettinardi
Owner, Bryco Machine Products

Computer Maintenance Service has been a reliable, supportive, and friendly partner to work with for almost two decades. The Job Boss software they installed is integral to day-to-day business. Maintaining a surveillance system offers legal security. They can even solve most problems remotely.

I'm the owner of Bryco Machine Products. Our family-run business has about 50 employees and has been in operation for 35 years. Our machines are computer numerical control (CNC) turning and milling centers. As a high technology machine shop, we use computerized rather than conventional machining methods for end users in the hydraulic industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computer Maintenance Service?

We purchased our first computers around in 1997 but didn't start implementing them correctly until we partnered with Computer Maintenance Service in 2000.

Computer Maintenance Service installs all the new computers we purchase, as well as the manufacturing software we use to run our business. Job Boss is a tool that rapidly generates production, tool inventory, purchase order, and customer reports. They installed and maintain the two servers we have upstairs at our shop. We supply our own printers and scanners, but they provide all the other hardware for our needs.

Computer Maintenance Service conducts backup imaging multiple times a day for all the information on our computers. If we experienced an emergency like a fire, all our data is stored in the cloud.  At the beginning of our engagement, they usually had to solve problems in person. Now, about 80 percent of their services are remote. They can resolve most hardware issues like bugs, spam, or a virus from their location.

They also set up a system of 14 cameras throughout my shop and run backups of this footage. If a camera isn't working correctly, they can fix it remotely. Having this system provides legal protection for our company. I've worked with them for personal use, too. They set up a computer at my home in Michigan that's connected to my work desktop. It lets me handle quotes or correspondence from customers when I'm away from the office.

I work directly with the two owners. I believe they have about three additional employees on their team.

How did you come to work with Computer Maintenance Service?

Computer Maintenance Service came recommended to me by a friend who runs a larger business than mine in a different industry. I asked him who he used for IT needs, and he told me he works with his uncle, who is the owner. They're located just two miles away from our office, which worked out very well for us.

Last year, I spent about $16,900 on their services. The average cost is between $12,000–$20,000 annually. They offer monthly prices and a block of hours. We usually start off with 22-24. I appreciate that they use conservative estimates rather than rounding five minutes of work up to a whole hour.

We've been working together for about 18 years now, since 2000.

Computer Maintenance Service has made our life very easy. They're very familiar with the technology we use because we've been working together for so long. I can now access any type of report in seconds. The team helped us install software when we bought it and have been very helpful ever since. Our business could not survive without the products Computer Maintenance Service has implemented.

How did Computer Maintenance Service perform from a project management standpoint?

I know they have a support team that could take my calls, but 95% of the time I speak directly to the owners. Whenever I call, I get answers immediately. They provide excellent service. They've even walked me through the steps of setting up a computer at my home over a call.

Computer Maintenance Service has impeccable customer service. They respond to us within the hour. Usually, they'll put their other call on hold and take care of our computer right away. They're very social and feel like friends of mine.

If somebody asked me who I was using for my IT services, I would definitely recommend Computer Maintenance Service. In fact, I’ve already have done so. They are probably better off working with smaller companies like mine than for ones with more than 100 employees.

They get things done immediately for us.
    They offer competitive rates compared to other teams that people I know in this industry have used.
    The quality of their services is excellent. This work is very foreign to our company, and Computer Maintenance Service is fantastic.
    I'd recommend them all day long to companies with less than 100 employees.

IT Services for Manufacturing Company

"Their team instantly provides IT support whenever we have on-site or remote issues."

Computer Management Service (CMS) provides a 360-degree IT service. Their team improves cybersecurity, deploys software updates, data management, system monitoring, and more.

Bensenville, IL
Ray Baade
Systems Administrator, Ace Metal Crafts

CMS delivers high-quality work, and their cybersecurity training reduces potential threats. Their team communicates clearly and stays organized through a central management system. They're also proactive and provide IT solutions/support before anything becomes a major issue.

Ace Metal Crafts manufactures custom-stainless-steel weldments and assemblies for OEM suppliers typically in the food processing and pharmaceutical industries. I am the systems administrator, responsible for maintaining our ERP systems and coordinating with our offsite IT.

For what projects/services did your company hire Computer Maintenance Service?

We needed CMS for general IT services.

We wanted to better prepare for our future growth

We already had an ongoing relationship for many years.

CMS started the project with a sit-down meeting. Their team discussed our needs and followed up with a proposal. We agreed to improve our managed computers, migrate our Outlook to 365, and improve our cybersecurity. After reviewing/signing their proposal, they developed an action list of tasks that were grouped by specific goals.

I communicate and coordinate the project with CMS. I send them audits of our computers & users which require the software deployments. CMS deploy our software updates, migrates the email accounts, and conducts our cybersecurity training. They also provide onsite data management/backups, hardware/software repairs, system monitoring for over 100 computers, and licensing.

We worked with a sale representative for the initial meeting and signing of the contract. We now work with a cybersecurity manager who works with the Outlook 365, and an onsite manager who mainly on managed software deployment and Outlook 365 user help.

They complete all our requests in a timely manner and within the originally quoted costs. Our most immediate gains come from our cybersecurity training as users are more aware of potential threats. 100% of our users are completing the course, and we're working to set up ongoing training. We don't have any metrics for our other projects yet.

They communicate clearly and stay organized through an Excel spreadsheet. They coordinate a set list of tasks assigned to both our teams with expected completion dates. Their team periodically exchanges and updates this list according to any delays and keep us on the same page.

CMS is extremely responsive. They take initiative to identify potential problems and resolve them before they become issues. Their team instantly provides IT support whenever we have on-site or remote issues.

I would like to start seeing some results from our management software soon.

Overall Score We're happy with their service thus far.
    They complete everything in a timely manner.
    Their costs are in line with their quote.
    Their deployments are smooth and problems are resolved quickly.
    I will definitely recommend them if anyone needs them.

Managed IT for Dental Practice

"I’ve worked with IT people who’ll talk down to you and don’t want to be bothered, but they’re very patient with us."

Jul. 2006 - Ongoing

Computer Maintenance Service provides managed IT services focused on up-time, and introducing new software programs. When a new facility was built they ensured full network implementation and connectivity.

Chicago Metro Area
Office Manager, Dental Practice

Since they’ve been brought on, Computer Maintenance Service has avoided any possible downtime and solved complex software problems. They’re accessible outside of normal work hours and run issues to ground—never letting something go unanswered. Their communication is unrivaled in the industry.

I’m the operations manager for a large dental office with four different locations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computer Maintenance Service?

We were going to put in new software on a large scale, and our current IT group wasn’t able to handle it. It was too big for a one-man operation.

Day to day, we receive complete system support. They can dial in through remote access to fix things so we have no down time. If there’s ever a storm or major event that knocks something out, they generally have backup systems in place so everything stays up. They also do peripheral things like software program integrations and implementations with a Kodak X-ray system, AccessPRO, and Microsoft programs.

When we built a new facility, Computer Maintenance Service put in all of our systems. They connected all of the computers (60—70) digital X-rays, printers, scanners, and intra-oral cameras in the office to get us up and running by our start date.

We have a single point of contact.

How did you come to work with Computer Maintenance Service?

One of our other locations found them when they needed someone to take care of a major problem. I interviewed their owner and operations manager and I’ve been working with them ever since.

We’ve been working together since July 2006.

Their work has never resulted in any down time, and they’ve helped us with software problems that the creators haven’t even been able to bypass. We haven’t missed a day’s work of work because of IT problems since we brought them on. They provide what I expect and it’s been working well.

We communicate via phone. They’re available afterhours so I can always reach them, and they’ll allocate whatever resources necessary to fix the problem. Even when they’re out of town, they always give us a contact person.

If they don’t know an answer—a rare occurrence—they’ll research it and get back to me instead of guessing or letting it go. I’m impressed by how easy they are to work with. There’s open communication and their main technician is outstanding. I’ve worked with IT people who’ll talk down to you and don’t want to be bothered, but they’re very patient with us. They’re always professional, courteous, and respectful in their interactions with me and all my staff. I’ve been extremely pleased with them.

Be very straightforward and let them know your expectations. They’ll be honest if they can meet them or if they’re unrealistic.

Computer Maintenance for Dental Practice

“They always get us up and running the same day.”

Jul 2008 - Ongoing

Working primarily remotely, Computer Maintenance Service provides software and hardware maintenance, addresses viruses, and makes recommendations about the new equipment.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Dr. Victoria Rinando
Owner, 6th Sense Dental

Quickly resolving any issues, Computer Maintenance Service has helped to avoid interruptions in the business workflow. Working autonomously most of the time, they go above and beyond to meet all needs, while their honesty and competitive rates spurred a long-term relationship.

I'm the owner of 6th Sense Dental.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computer Maintenance Service?

We were looking for a company to manage all the computer networking and IT services for us.

I started working with them when I was an associate dentist at a large dental practice in Chicago. They managed all of our software and provided computer maintenance. In my current practice, they’re in charge of all of our electronic hardware and backup, advise us on what software to purchase, and handle the maintenance of the actual hardware.

We mostly work with their owner, but they also have a support hotline that we use when we need help. Their team members can log in and fix things remotely.

How did you come to work with them?

They were referred to me. They had the expertise we needed and their rates were competitive compared to the other companies we spoke with, so we chose them.

We pay them between $5,000–$10,000 a year.

We started working with them in 2008 and the relationship is ongoing.

One time we had a virus that affected all of our hardware, but they were able to clean everything up and get us back to functioning. If we're ever down for a period of time, it affects our business (since all of our patients connect with us electronically). Computer Maintenance Service helps us avoid that sort of issues.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're responsive and make themselves available when we need them. They're also great at working autonomously and can fix things remotely, without needing our help.

We appreciate their honesty and integrity.

No. We're happy with their work.

It's tempting for a dental practice to go with a company that claims to be strictly dental. In reality, it shouldn't matter as long as they have some expertise with the dental industry.

Overall Score I'm very happy with them.
    They always get us up and running the same day.
    I shopped around and got other quotes, but Computer Maintenance Service offered us the best value.
    They're great at communicating when they need to, but they also let us do our work without being in our way.
    I recommend them all the time.