THE TEAM NEXT DOOR!

Meet Communication Crafts- The team next door!

Established in 2005, Communication Crafts caters to an enviable list of clients across domains and geographies. Our services portfolio spans across arenas as diverse as Films, Design, Branding, E-commerce, Social Media, Web Development, Software, Mobile Apps, Online Marketing and 3D Architectural walkthroughs.

Here’s why our clients love us- We follow transparent work practices and provide cost-effective solutions that are very to-the-point. We have a client-centric work model that puts client needs right at the top.

The work culture at Communication Crafts is lively and lithe. We love what we do, and maybe, that’s the reason we do it so well! CC’s as an exciting place to work at- for innovative, passionate, focused talent and energetic people wanting to grow at a fast pace.

Key Strengths

• A potent mix of innovation + technology

• Young and passionate team with diverse capabilities

• End-to-end solutions under one roof

• Quick response and very less turn-around time

• Always just a phone call away!

Specialties

Technology Products Development, IT and Software Solutions, E-Commerce Services, Mobile Application Development, Creative & Technology Resources, Video & Multimedia Productions, Cloud Ready Web Apps, IOT Based Solutions

2005
Ahmedabad, India
  • Leeward, 24 Montserrat Road,
    Hampshire PO13 9LT

Brillare: How to use NutriMixology

The Challenge

The challenge was an unusual one- we wanted to make a film that is quirky, will catch up on the current trend, has eye-pleasing visuals- all this while we explain our TG the damage their hair goes through because of excessive treatment in salon. We wanted to ask them to reverse the hair damage by using NutriMixology.

The Positioning

The spa and hair therapy

market is crowded with giants like Lo Real and Wella capturing mindspaces and salon spaces alike. Stylists are loyal to their brands AND to their customers. The need of the hour was a very niche positioning of this ground-breaking treatment in the minds of the stylists. Add to it the fact that Nutrimixology is 3 levels ultra-customized, so the procedures are lengthy and complex; and the normal problem solution approach fails because it solves not one, but every problem of every hair/scalp type.

The Innovation

For the product launch video for NutriMixology, we refused to go regular. We decided to write the script in the form of slam poetry- in a half and half format. For the voice over we tried homemade cookies- three beautiful narrators picked from our team itself. If script was our hero, editing was the show-stealer. The result was a quick film that acts as a sales aid to their reps visiting hair salon chains. It completely gets the stylists’ and the end customers’ buy-in because of the very relatable and contemporary approach.

Xclusive Yachts - Dubai's premium 5 star Yacht Service - Marketing Collaterals Image

Xclusive Yachts - Dubai's premium 5 star Yacht Service - Marketing Collaterals

The Challenge

Design and develop marketing collaterals and point of sale units for Xclusive Yachts which they would produce in collaboration with Dubai’s premium Yacht service. Sustained by their reputation and effectiveness with existing brand partners, Xclusive was lacking a unique and memorable brand system needed to compete with, and stand out from, emerging competitors.

The

Innovation

Changing all the designs and POS done in the past to more niche and straighforward design to keep the premuimness of the brand.

Tailor-made creative solutions.

Created new templates for the basic artworks, wherein saving more time.

Many of Xclusive’s competitors use muted colors and complex graphics, but our simple and straightforward design language utilizes a bright palette and bold logo mark, achieving a far more powerful impression.

The Outcome

Quality time saved on discussions and approvals.

The overall operations was smooth as it was clear to the client and the design team on what need to be done for each design delivered.

A lot of time was saved in alteration as almost all designs were pre-approved at the initial stage.

The client & the design team focussed more on their core skills and delivering rather than staying in grey areas.

ParcelDirect - Website  Image

ParcelDirect - Website

The Challenge

ParcelDirect is an Irish parcel delivery comparison website which provides world class courier service option.
Website is working based on third party courier APIs like FedEx, UPS, DHL, GLS, Transland & TNT.
The platform was build for desktop, tablets, smartphones which would enable the users to use it where every they are.

The

Innovation

Each development team (Design, Mobile & Technology) contributes their 100% efforts to make Website & Application top-notch Irish Company.

The single application works for Stores and Users to make parcel delivery easy.

The Outcome

User can choose cheapest courier service from multiple options and track their parcel.
User can upload and dispatch multiple orders in seconds with great tools that link directly to website and seller accounts.
User can send a parcel, pallet or document within Ireland and to over 200 countries worldwide.
User can add money into their e-wallet to make payment procedure easy during placing an order.
Business user can manage their child accounts and also check sales.
In Application, Store user can play with different options like Parcel Collection, Courier Drop Off, Parcel Drop Off, Click & Collect to handle parcel delivery.
Store user can also create pickup request for any courier.
Wardrobe user have integrated ParcelDirect API to place courier order.

Succeedin - An Innovative online PE Lesson & Curriculum platform for Schools Image

Succeedin - An Innovative online PE Lesson & Curriculum platform for Schools

Succeedin offers a product that Primary Schools can use to help build their sustainable PE legacy, giving an effective solution and making an impact for which the PE & Sports Premium was intended for and then can be demonstrated to Ofsted when next inspected.

The Challenge

To develop an innovative online PE Lesson & Curriculum platform planning which allows teachers lead and facilitate

lessons for a UK based company “Succeedin” The platform was to be built for desktop, tablets, smartphones, interactive whiteboards which would enable the teachers to use it where ever they are.

The Innovation

Design + Mobile + Technology teams worked together as a single team to ensure the PIXCEL PERFECT timely outputs.

The single application works for all the different sections of the school Primary, Secondary, Higher Educations, Coaching institutions.

The Elite Mobile - Branding, marketing , Ecommerce and App Design Image

The Elite Mobile - Branding, marketing , Ecommerce and App Design

The Challenge

Design and develop marketing collaterals and point of sale units for Elite, which they would produce in collaboration with UK’s big brands in Telecom sector. With too many limitations and very little space for Elite Mobile in the design, the challenge was to achieve a high brand recall and make its presence felt.

Collected all the creative

material which included designs and POS used in earlier campaigns for understanding of brand

Created new templates to fix where & how for Elite Mobile brand in the overall design artwork

Created new templates for the new upcoming campaigns

The Outcome

Our innovative approach helped us save lot of time in communication to end client since we had good understanding of brand and marketing collaterals.The overall operations were smooth as it was clear to the client and the design team on what was needed to be done for each campaign delivered.

A lot of time was saved in alteration as almost all designs (templates) were pre-approved

The client & the design team focused more on their core skills & expertise instead of reinventing the wheels.

Dovetail Mobile Application Image

Dovetail Mobile Application

The main objective for the proposed project is to build a robust, best in class event

management technology platform for Client for their Fortune 500 Clients. The current platform has got technology limitations and it’s a third party solution so client wants remove the dependency of the current solution. “Deliver best in class mobile and social technologies and services to Fortune 500 clients

Empresaria Leaders Conference 2015

Year after year, we make a video for our esteemed client Empresaria Group that they play at their annual conference. This year the theme was 'Grow Global' and hence we made this video with four major sections - MEET, SHARE, LEARN and GROW.

Provogue Image

Provogue

Provogue Apps provides a complete hassle-free experience with options of paying through Cash on Delivery, Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking processed through secure and trusted payment gateways. Now shop for the latest in fashion in Men Shirts, T-shirts, Polos, Denims, Trousers & Chinos, Shorts, Innerwear and Accessories. Get the best online fashion shopping experience every time, this is our promise.

Swiftcloud Mobile Application Image

Swiftcloud Mobile Application

A revolutionary new App that allows customers to connect with key suppliers on a single platform, enabling customers to check stock availability, barcode scan, place orders, receive special promotions and discounts, check potential delivery dates, and other vital communications, using smartphones or tablets.

Mercedes-Benz Parramatta Image

Mercedes-Benz Parramatta

Driving across town or across the country, Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance lets you travel with confidence and peace of mind. Designed exclusively for Mercedes-Benz owners, Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance offers 24-hour emergency roadside service.

The Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance app has been designed to make requesting assistance faster, more accurate, and convenient..

GITEX Real-time Mobile App Intro

NLI

NLI

Newspaper Licensing Ireland (NLI)

A smart info-graphic video about NLI meant to spread awareness. Newspaper Licensing Ireland (NLI) is a simple, cost-effective licensing system that works on behalf of Irish publishers by issuing licences that allow companies to legally copy, share and use content. With a licence from NLI, you can copy or re-use articles from newspaper and websites legally.

Whiteboard Application Development for Handwriting Skills

“I always know what is coming up and how things are moving along.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Communication Crafts developed a Unity-based digital version of an existing cursive handwriting program that uses characters and stories to improve schoolchildren’s handwriting through electronic whiteboards.

Lightwater, United Kingdom
Shelley Birkett-Eyles
Owner & Director, Hemispheres Think Write

The program developed by Communication Crafts has satisfied all project requirements and is receiving positive feedback on student engagement and handwriting improvement in the schools where it has been implemented. Their team is flexible and extremely responsive to questions and requests.

I’m the owner and director of a company that produces Hemisphere Think Write, which is a cursive handwriting program for schools.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

The program was in paper format, but I was being asked for an interactive whiteboard program from a lot of the educators that I work with, so I reached out to Communication Crafts to help me develop that.

Basically, I wrote down what I wanted and how I wanted it to look, and they built the program from there. It’s a PC based application that they built in Unity because of the number of illustrations and graphics capability that it requires.

There are characters in the program as well, so I provided them with illustrations and storyboards, and they did all of the animating as well as the front- and backend programming for the project.

I have regular communications with about four members of their team. They have a business manager, a finance head, a development lead, and another guy who’s their representative in the UK.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

Their UK representative was at a conference where I was exhibiting, and we started talking about a similar type of program for piano lessons that they had developed, He connected us via Skype, and I decided that they would be a good fit.

So far, it’s been about £30,000 (approximately $38,500 USD).

I started working with them in December 2017, and we are currently in the second phase of the program and moving into the third.

We took videos and followed up with the people who use the program, and they have all said that the children are significantly more engaged in the process of learning to write. They tend to get very attached to the program’s characters, and we have data that shows that handwriting improves for the school as a whole. I am very happy with the results of the project.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very organized and consistently keep to deadlines. If they’re ever not going to make a deadline, they’ll explain why well in advance, and it’s often simply because I asked them to add something else or make a change.

We have a constant interaction where they’ll send me an updated version of the program with something to review, I’ll send it back, and they’ll tell me when they’ll release it. I always know what is coming up and how things are moving along.

Their business manager is incredibly responsive. Even if I sent something at 5 o’clock in the afternoon, I would still get a response by 10 o’clock at night because of the time difference. I never felt that I had to wait for them to come online; the time difference actually worked quite in my favor.

I don’t think so. Beyond some minorly different perceptions between British and Indian English that take a second round to clarify, there is really nothing to improve on the project at all.

Just be very specific and literal on your feedback. Leaving room for ambiguity is never a huge problem but can be avoided easily by taking screenshots or making little videos that make your requests even more clear.

Web Development for Real Estate Connection Platform

"In many ways, Communication Crafts has exceeded my expectations."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Communication Crafts works on the development of a real estate platform that connects buyers, sellers, and estate agents. It’s set to launch by mid-December and has various features for uploading properties.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Paul Fuller
Owner & Founder, Mutually Yours Limited

The website works smoothly but requires further fine-tuning as it’s still undergoing development. So far, they’ve been straightforward to work with and go the extra mile in order to make everything clear in layman’s terms. Communication Crafts is also truly vested in their clients’ satisfaction.

I’m the owner and founder of Mutually Yours Limited and we’re a pre-startup real estate company at the moment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

I was looking for someone to help with web development and ended up hiring Communication Crafts for the project.

Communication Crafts is developing a web platform for me and it is due to be launched in mid-December. It’s a product for the real estate industry and it will connect buyers, sellers, and estate agents together. Effectively, it creates a search platform for properties that haven’t yet officially come onto the property market. The platform allows individual sellers to upload their properties and to test what the level of market interest and price might be.

On the planning side, there were two or three people involved in quoting the brief and getting a good idea of what the scope of the project was. In the development phase, there are four or five people. Most of the communication is actually with the development team.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

I really don’t have a lot of tech expertise, so I had the help of a digital marketing consultant who put me in touch with Communication Crafts and wrote the brief for them. We did have two or three other options, but I had the opportunity to meet one of Communication Crafts’ members who was visiting in England. I was able to physically have a conversation and just run through some of my concerns as a non-tech savvy person. They were able to convince me that they were ideal for the job.

We have spent around $27,000 on their services so far.

I began working with them in March 2019, and the collaboration is still ongoing.

We’re testing the website on the consumer side at the moment and there are a few refinements that need to be made, but overall, it’s running smoothly. We aim to do the beta launch in mid-December and I’m confident that the website will be ready by then.

In many ways, Communication Crafts has exceeded my expectations. They probably managed to go beyond the brief we gave them and working with them has been very straightforward. They have bent over backward to help me, especially considering I’m a non-tech person. I can imagine some of the conversations we have had would have been a bit frustrating for them.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Skype or email to communicate with the development team. We generally have a call on a weekly basis and they tend to all be there. Management wise, they are quite methodical. Communication Crafts provides an email following the Skype call which specifies what we discussed and the next things they will be working on. It’s very straightforward from that point of view.

Communication Crafts is very helpful and genuinely wants to do a good job. If their client isn’t pleased with what they’re producing, they aren’t pleased. From a non-technical aspect, I also found it quite surprising how they managed to create on the website the ideas that I had in my head. I find it quite difficult to talk in technical terms that describe exactly what I want.

There’s always a possibility of miscommunication across national boundaries. Indian companies tend to take things a little more literally than you might actually mean, so clients have to be careful with how they communicate in order to avoid problems. We’ve experienced some minor issues like this. For example, we wanted to create a pop-up guide that displays how the website works to the customer, and that was taken quite literally.

They came back to us with almost a step-by-step guide illustrating which lines to fill and so on. I was actually thinking of a page where we would describe what the icons mean and where the user needs to go to see the results.

They are very practiced in the process they have, and I think it works very well. I don’t necessarily see any issues in anything where they need to drastically improve.

Optimizing & Integrating Video Player for Media App

“They celebrate the long term rather than the quick win.”

Jul. - Sept. 2019

Communication Crafts provided Native Android and iOS development for an online alternative media provider. They focused on integrating a video player into the backend infrastructure of the overall product.

Tom Shrager
CEO, Air Rewards TV

Communication Crafts delivered above and beyond the expectations of their client, not only completing the main objective on schedule but continuing to be engaged and improve the product after the project. Their team is committed to developing mutually beneficial, long-term relationships.

My company is Air Rewards TV and my position is the CEO. We are a social impact business that allows individual content creators to earn money from views on their content that they might not be able to get money from on more traditional platforms like YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

We had already developed about 75% of our iOS and Android application but needed to tidy up and make some small adjustments, like integrating our new video player and writing a bit more of the app backend in Native programming languages.

We’d made all of the infrastructure, but we had to develop our core video player separately from all of that, so the main thing Communication Crafts was involved in was integrating those sides of the product. Essentially, they took out a box with all the tentacles of code joined up to it and put in a new box and reattached all the tentacles.

I had direct communication with one of their business executives, their tech lead on my project, and a couple of other more specialized developers working under them.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

I met their team at a trade show in London, and at the time, I was looking for a development team to take over some of the nitty-gritty work from my development team in Poland. They were very proactive in pursuing my business, which impressed me, so I decided to go with them.

The total investment was about $6,000–$8,000.

We worked together on the project from about June–September 2019.

The bottom line is that we haven’t had any crashes or fails with the program since they got involved in the project. What they built is stable, and I’m incredibly satisfied with the quality of the work that they’ve delivered.

The other element is that they are completely focused on the business relationship that we are developing rather than on making a quick profit. They performed both research at the beginning and tweaks at the end of the project that they have not charged me at all for, just because they wanted to provide as good a final product as possible.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

The guys at the top are absolutely excellent at keeping you up to date and at being completely transparent and honest, which I really like. I also have direct contact with the head tech guy, who has been available for absolutely every element of the process, even in helping me select the third-party provider that we used to produce the video player.

We had weekly calls during the majority of the development process and were communicating regularly outside of that as well. They were incredibly reliable and are in touch with me even now when I don’t have any work for them to do. As soon as we move on to the next stage of our process, they’ve got the gig because I know I can trust them to do a good job with it.

I just feel like I’m getting real value and I’m being treated like a partner and not a bag of money. I’m not a big business, so I need flexibility, and they give that. They celebrate the long term rather than the quick win.

Their team also understands that there’s a little bit of time and risk they’re going to take on for me to come back, and the ability to do that is based on the mutual respect between us.

I don’t really think there is anything I wish they would do differently.

I would just advise people to expect the cultural differences between Indian and UK companies and to be ok with the fact that they will work a little differently from what you might be comfortable with. Start off small and allow them to prove themselves, and they will deliver above and beyond what you are looking for.

Web Development for Precious Metals Trading Company

“Whenever we have questions about anything on the website, they are available and helpful to us.”

2018 - Ongoing

Communication Crafts designed, developed, and manages the website of a gold bullion trading company. They continue to provide updates and troubleshoot on the site when needed.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Singaravel Karuppaiah
Bullion Dealer, Emperesse Buillon LLC

The development and website support provided by Communication Crafts is high-quality and satisfies all project requirements. Their team is extremely open and communicative, responding promptly to all requests and demonstrating care for their client’s business through their services.

We are a bullion dealing company, actually, so we deal in physical gold. I am a commodity trader with the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

We needed them to develop and manage our website completely.

They designed and built our website from the ground up, which includes a lot of details about our company and allows customers to view and access our trading platforms. It’s a mostly informational site. If we ever have any issues or updates to make to the site, they handle all of that as well.

They have a fairly large team working on our site, but there are three people in particular who we communicate with regularly.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

We have worked with them since before I started working at the company, so I’m not sure what our reasons for hiring them were besides that they are clearly very good at what they do. They have a good reputation.

We’ve spent around $20,000 so far.

The project is current and has been going for about 15 months, since about mid-2018.

Our website has satisfied all of our needs as a company. It allows us to continue all of our regular operations while reaching a much wider audience. We have been really impressed with their products and services.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

They are extremely responsive to all of our requests. Whenever we have questions about anything on the website, they are available and helpful to us. We usually communicate through email, though in very emergency situations we can reach them over the phone as well. And even though they are based in India, we communicate for the most part in English.

I think the most impressive aspect of their work is their response time. Not just with answering are questions, but they also deal with issues very quickly. If we ever find bugs that need to be resolved, they are able to take care of them right away. We have worked with a few companies before who don’t necessarily give us the same level of attention, so we really appreciate that about Communication Crafts.

We really have nothing to complain about. Everything has gone very smoothly.

I would suggest that anyone starting a project like this be very precise about what you want. You can cause a lot of unnecessary difficulties by leaving ambiguities in your project specifications, and your life will be much easier on the whole if you can avoid that.

Web & App Development for Boutique Ad Agency

"They made my job easy and managed the project expertly."

May - Aug. 2018

Communication Crafts designed and developed a new company’s application and website. They developed features to help users connect with each other, outside media platforms, and people not yet using the tools.

Conroe, Texas
Project Manager, Palm Small Business Marketing

Communication Crafts’ communicative team of designers and developers showcased their flexibility by effortlessly adjusting to the project needs as they grew. Despite a several hour time difference, they met or exceeded all scheduling expectations.

I am a project manager and creative designer for Palm Small Business Marketing. We’re an ad agency that handles marketing for small businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

We needed assistance designing and developing an app and website for our client’s brand new company.

When the project began, we provided Communication Crafts with wireframes and rudimentary design mockups. From there, they provided us with all of the hard coding and backend development. Additionally, they delivered a CMS portal that enables us to view and manage the app and website.

The app and website involve a lot of uploading, downloading, and sharing with different media platforms, so our project required a lot of organizing in terms of labeling, file names, categorizing, and sorting information by folders. Additionally, the website had to support several payment portals and storage levels. Communication Crafts helped us design and develop all of those functions, and they also provided a solution on how to display the remaining storage amount on each user’s account. Each user account could be customized by name and avatar, and you were able to connect with other users—to see their photos and media—or invite friends to use the app and website.

There were a lot of moving parts to the project, and the project continued to morph as we got further into the design stages. Communication Crafts handled every new hurdle or addition effortlessly and seamlessly.

We worked with a team of 6–8 developers and designers; however, I had one main point of contact. This person acted as the lead on any need that I had, which made it extremely easy for me to communicate with the team and have my needs or questions taken care of.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

We have worked with Communication Crafts on a smaller website design project in the past. Their efficiency, communication, and technical development skills were impressive, so they were the first choice with this new, larger project.

We spent approximately $20,000.

We began working together in May 2018, and the project is still ongoing. The original product was delivered in August 2018, but since then, we’ve made several updates and changes, and are now tying up the few remaining loose ends.

Both ourselves and our client have been extremely pleased with the quality of the app and website. There are a lot of moving parts in developing applications, websites, or payment processing systems. Because of that complexity, and all of the moving parts that our project had, there were a few hiccups; however, they handled everything we presented to them and provided efficient, effective solutions.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

Most of our communication was through email, but we did have Skype and conference calls when necessary. They were thorough, quick, helpful, and effective in their communication. They made my job easy and managed the project expertly. They never missed a deadline and exceeded our expectations.

I was very impressed with how quickly they responded to us even with the time difference. They were several hours ahead of us, and always went above and beyond to answer any of our questions, or notify us of any issues.

There’s nothing that comes to mind.

Just like with any project, know the scope of your project, and be clear and thorough in your communication. If you spell out the project details, and your expectations, Communication Crafts will rise to the occasion.

Web & App Dev for Online Logistics Provider

"[P]eople are always praising the site because it's so easy for consumers and small businesses to use."

2014 - 2017

Communication Crafts designed and developed a website and companion app. Key features included APIs connecting to external partners' servers as well as parcel shipping and tracking.

Ireland
Steven O'Sullivan
Owner, www.ParcelDirect.ie

User and provider feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Communication Crafts's expert team inspired confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. They met or beat deadlines and responded quickly to any inquiries or technical concerns that arose.

I'm the owner of an online logistics provider based in Ireland.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

We were just starting out so initially we were looking for reliable partner to build our website from scratch.

I gave them some basic design ideas but mostly relied on them to provide insights into how to build a successful website. The initial site was developed using PHP. It's evolved over time as we asked them to add new features to the website to suit our customer needs. The site is tied in with our logistics partners, including UPS, FedEx, and DHL. Communication Crafts had to work with a lot of carrier APIs that feed into other servers and draw data back for our customers.

After the website launched, they also developed a consumer app for Android and Apple. It acts as a companion to the website. The app lets customers do a lot of the things that they can do on the website, such as getting quotes and tracking parcels. It also links to their account on the website and operates as a parcel delivery app. For example, if a customer orders something online they can choose to get it sent to a local store. They get a notification on the app when the parcel is delivered.

Our main contact is one of the owners of the company. We also worked closely with two developers.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

I found them by investigating websites from other countries.

We spent close to €60,000 (approximately $70,300 USD).

We started working together in early 2014. The website went live in October 2014 and the app came online in mid-2017.

We wouldn't have a business without the website. It's a completely web-based system so it’s absolutely crucial. In terms of user friendliness, people are always praising the site because it's so easy for consumers and small businesses to use. Our consumers and small businesses love the app as well.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

They've been with us every step of the way as our business has grown. They went above and beyond in order to deliver everything on time. If we needed any changes to be made, they always made them quickly. Their communications skills were superb. There was never a breakdown in communications because they asked questions rather than make mistakes. We had a schedule of specific projects that needed to be completed, and we mainly talked by email and phone.

They were always looking for solutions to whatever challenge we gave them. They never backed away from any aspect of the project. They always had the technical proficiency to complete the work. They surpassed all of my expectations.

I was initially apprehensive about using a company based so far away. Other clients shouldn’t have any fear because their communication levels and skill set were way beyond what I anticipated.

I’ve referred them on numerous occasions.

Custom Web and App Development for Manufacturing Data Analysis

“They’re very engaged and want to understand what our problems are.”

Jun. 2017 - Ongoing

Communication Crafts is the dedicated development partner in an ongoing engagement. They’ve developed a RESTful API and frontend web app, both of which act as workflow solutions for the manufacturing industry.

New South Wales, Austrailia
Regie Gardoce
Co-Founder, Medulla

Communication Crafts' performance continuously improves as they become more aligned with sprint processes and industry-specific business objectives. Proactive project management and staunch customer service are hallmarks of their work, providing after-hours availability and fostering trust.

I’m the CTO and co-founder of Medulla, an Austrailan-based solutions provider for the manufacturing industry. Our platform automates data collection from people and equipment on the production line in order to eliminate human error. Our aim is to generate a comprehensive, digital audit trail for every device that also acts as an autonomous control system. We save companies from building or buying costly enterprise systems.

We’re making our enterprise-grade platform available to every company (regardless of size or geographical location) at a fraction of the cost through a subscription model.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

As a startup, we were given limited funding from investors for building our product—making local production unfeasible. We established trust with Communication Crafts in order to build a high-quality minimum viable product (MVP) at a reasonable cost.

Communication Crafts has built two types of applications for me: a RESTful API and a frontend web application.

The RESTful API allows machines from manufacturing facilities to connect directly to the cloud in order to push transaction payloads and pull results on-demand, in real time.

Communication Crafts used AngularJS and Bootstrap JavaScript to develop a full-feature manufacturing and execution system in the form of a web app. It allows engineers and managers to configure entire factories: defining used products, workflows, and equipment, as well as associating said equipment to workflows, steps, and products. I wrote the first version of the API before engaging with them, after which I handed over the code.

I chose the Microsoft ASP.NET Core, an open source release of .NET, running in a Linux environment. The entire app is running on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform with PostgreSQL and EC2 instances. We’re using the Amazon Route 53 domain name server.

We’ll be using AWS Auto Scaling and multiple availability zones to migrate to a newer infrastructure within AWS as the platform continues to evolve over the next few months.

I’m working with two full-stack developers, a frontend developer, a project manager, and an infrastructure specialist. I also have monthly meetings with the marketing team.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

I’d used their team with a consulting company in the past for a project that required development of a customer portal where users could upload test results from optometrists.  I evaluated around three development companies in total. I talked with Communication Crafts' owner and found him to be responsive to my questions. The support level felt as if it were local. They performed well in terms of timelines and budget, so we started a couple of small projects.

As a result of that interaction and because we’d already established trust, they were the first company that came to mind when I started Medulla.

We started working with them in June 2017 and are continuing to use their team as full-time developers.

I don’t have high-level metrics, but their performance is improving based on sprint retrospectives. It was hard to articulate what the business was, what the requirements were, and how these things aligned due to the nature of the industry. However, they started improving once they got the hang of things.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re using agile development methods and have a retrospective at the end of every sprint, during which we discuss what we’ve accomplished and what the next steps are. I also talk to the developers daily and they have a project manager on their end. It’s a hands-on process.

They’re doing well in terms of project management, but I can’t give too much feedback because I’m also managing the process. We decided on this engagement model from the very start of the project.

They’ve managed projects for me during other engagements, but I felt it was unnecessary for the current one because I can talk to the developers daily and interact with them on Jira boards. The internal project management is limited to a once-per-month engagement to check the project’s status. Their management calls me proactively at least once a month in order to check the status of the work.

We have a dedicated Slack channel which we use a lot. We also use Amazon Chime and Skype for audio, video, and screen-sharing calls. I can call the developers directly at any time in case of emergencies. I was able to call one of their developers at 7:30 PM Sydney time, which is 2:00 AM in their area.

The trust I’ve been able to develop with them is the most impressive thing. They’re very engaged and want to understand what our problems are. They’re dedicated to providing exemplary customer service—and late-night calls are an example of that.

They should vary their technology stack more. I can understand specializing in a certain technology, but most companies don’t stick with a single stack. Getting some React.js and AWS cloud-formation talent would be beneficial.

With outsourcing, we have to be very clear on what we want to do and what our expectations are. Beyond making it clear to ourselves, we also have to articulate those ideas to the development team. I created detailed specifications to walk the team through every step. This may be easier for me because I have a technical background. It’s preferable to having back-and-forth discussions.

App Development for Client of a Digital Solutions Company

"They’re very professional and trustworthy. They do whatever they can to get the job done."

Jul. 2017 - Ongoing

Communications Craft is developing the backend of an Android and iOS mobile app using native software. They also offer input in the app’s design to ensure its quality and efficiency.

Queensland, Australia
Managing Director, Digital Solutions Company

Communications Craft delivers high-quality code on deadline and within budget. They go above and beyond to ensure there are no critical issues and little back-and-forth is required to complete milestones.

I’m the managing director at a web and mobile app development agency.

What challenges were you trying to address with Communications Craft?

We’re working with a client that needs a mobile app for both Android and iOS platforms. We didn’t have the in-house capability to fulfill their requirements, so we looked to outsource the work.

We provided them with our requirements and wireframes for the solution. They’re now developing the backend using PHP coding and frontend mobile apps both using native iOS and Android, while also making suggestions for changes in the app’s design that will improve its efficiency and quality.

We’re working with one project manager and about five developers.

How did you come to work with Communications Craft?

Another local company’s project manager recommended them to me.

We’ve invested about $40,000 AUD.

We started working with them mid 2017, and our engagement is ongoing.

Because the app is still in development, we don’t have any numerical metrics. But I can say they’ve been absolutely brilliant in completing all milestones on time and within budget. There have been no critical issues.

How did Communications Craft perform from a project management standpoint?

They produce high-quality work with minimal back-and-forth between them and us, particularly compared to other offshore developers we’ve worked with.

We communicate primarily through a project management tool. We also have weekly Skype calls and email exchange when necessary.

Their efficiency is what’s most impressive. They execute everything they say they will on deadline.

I can’t think of anything. They’ve been just brilliant for us.

Don’t hesitate to work with them. They’re very professional and trustworthy. They do whatever they can to get the job done.

Overall Score We will continue to work with them in the future.
    The cost is more than your average offshore developer, but the quality is definitely worth the value.
    The quality and professionalism of how they work and what they produce is the best I've seen.
    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Web Design for Web Design Company

“They stack up favorably to any developer anywhere in the world I've ever come across.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Working within established frameworks, Communication Crafts provides outsourced support to web system maintenance and development. Full-time programmers serve as an extension of the in-house team.

Oxfordshire, England
Ed Hollingshead
Managing Director, Webboutiques

Outsourced programmers have worked on all elements of the system and helped the client respond to new government regulations. Meeting high expectations, Communication Crafts are keen to please. Minimal quality-control issues have been adequately responded to.

I'm the Managing Director of Webboutiques. We manage about 500 companies’ web systems.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communications Crafts?

Lack of resources. We’re in a continual state of expansion and didn't have enough hands to fulfill the workload that we had at the time.

We retained 2 senior programmers that could mentor other programmers to cater for the growth of the company. They work with the languages of our server environment including Apache, MySQL and PHP.

We recognized that the only way to get the best out of outsourcing is to make an initial investment. We’ve spent quite a lot of time creating frameworks to work within and training them in the use of our system. As a result of the training, they know our expectations. They work very well to our quality guidelines; they work very hard and they're keen to please.

We adopted the attitude that we want them to feel included as part of our group. We give them small bonuses and include them in office activities. We don’t treat them as a bucket in which to put things and get things done. We treat them as an extension of our team.

We interact with 4 people, the 2 programmers, and 2 others for administrative purposes.

How did you come to work with Communications Crafts?

Pure chance. We were searching the internet, looking for a suitable company. They have an agent in the UK so we were able to meet that agent and discuss with them, which made it easier to establish the engagement. Before we dived in, we gave them a short-term contract of about 3 months. I think this is our 3rd contract now. We started with 2 3-month contracts and then gave them a 14-month contract that runs through February 2019.

We’ve spent about £50,000 so far.

We started working together in February last year and its ongoing.

They have worked on every part of our system. They’ve enhanced things, built things. They’ve enhanced existing systems and built some new subsystems. All of these things help us to sell more websites. If you look at the entire portfolio, there will be some aspect of Communication Crafts’ work in all of those sites.

How did Communications Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate through email, phone, and Skype, and use project management tools.

They always go the extra mile. Bearing in mind that they’re 5 hours ahead, I could speak to them at 4 pm knowing it’s late there. I would tell them to go home but they would carry on doing the work.

They’re keen to please and sometimes I feel that they’re overambitious in terms of the speed with which they can deliver. There have been times that I’ve had to slow them down. It takes a bit longer but I don’t care. We’re striving for perfection because we have to do our best to look after the companies we support. When we introduce something new, it has to be perfect because it’s being used by all of the 500 companies that use our system. Our quality requirements are therefore probably excessive. We might be too demanding.

The volume of work that they deliver is very high because there are 2 full-time programmers working for us. At some point during the process, there have been 1-2 quality control issues with the delivery but it’s uncommon. We had frank discussions with them about it and they’ve responded with tighter controls and cross-checking. They’re concentrating on being more comprehensive in the way they test and now have a new program in force with itemized testing. So, we’ve had 1-2 hiccups but, in the scheme of things, they haven’t been severe and they reacted quickly to address calls to address the quality control issues. During normal development, there are always issues to address. They stack up favorably to any developer anywhere in the world I've ever come across.

Their commitment. They really do want to please.

No, I think they're doing just fine as they are.

Go into it with your eyes open. Don’t treat them like a bucket into which you throw work and expect work to come out the other end. Treat them as an extension of your team and remember that they’re working remotely. Give them a framework to work within and enough information to enable them to do the job properly. When you’ve briefed them, make very sure that they really do understand the briefing and nothing has been lost. Don’t forget that they’re working on a system they’ve never seen before. If you were recruiting a new programmer, you wouldn’t expect them to churn out a perfect code on Day 1. You would do training: it’s no different.

You'll get out of it what you put into it. The only way that outsourcing really works, in my opinion, is if you’re genuinely prepared to invest, to truly regard them as an extension to your team, and to treat them like staff members who work in a remote location. If you do that, you will get the best out of them.

Not even a question. Superb.
    We had a couple of quality-control hiccups over the last year but right now we're in a very good space.
    With the caveat that they go into it with eyes open and make the investment to set it up properly.

Web Dev for Digital Marketing Company

“They are the go-to technical resource for anything .NET related.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

The team’s developers work in-house to help out when the workload gets heavy or deadlines are short. They specialize in .NET but also work with DevExpress and Entity Framework and other technologies.

George Kowalewski
Digital Director, Brandnation

The collaboration results in an increase in revenue. Having their resources available also gives the agency flexibility in managing their workflow to scale up or down as needed. The people-centric personality makes them unique in this industry and their technical expertise equally impresses.

I am the digital director of Brandnation. We are a fully integrated marketing agency and do anything from PR through digital social content video, which includes doing websites. I am in charge of digital delivery and anything Internet-related.

What challenge were you trying to address with Communication Crafts?

We had a shortage of .NET developers.

Over the years, we have worked with them on multiple projects. They are the go-to technical resource for anything .NET related. We have a couple of developers in-house that come in handy is for overflow or specific projects that we need to outsource and deliver within certain timeframes. In terms of projects specifically, they have used .NET, DevExpress, and Entity Framework in addition to standards such as IIS and various Microsoft technologies.

On average, we have one or two people. We have had up to three people, but it is usually just the project manager and one or two developers. They are able to scale up quickly. They’ve offered the option to rent out staff permanently for either three, six, or 12-month periods.

How did you come to work with Communication Crafts?

I found them through a Google search. We usually outsource to people we know, working with partners or with people who left the agency and opened their own in different countries. Communication Crafts has a great personality that they convey through their website which caught my attention. I had a great conversation with four initial sales staff including someone in the U.K. I met the CEO or VP right away. I liked the people elements of their proposition and their expertise. The communication they put out to their clients and the general public is also quite people led, which is something I like.

We have spent around £15,000 ($20,878 USD) so far.

We started working with them in 2016 and the work is ongoing.

Their work has boosted our revenues.

How did Communication Crafts perform from a project management standpoint?

We usually scope the work and pass on the task to them which they deliver perfectly. They usually do up to 97% of tasks we request. Then, together we fine-tune the remainder, and then it comes back to us. It requires a bit of hand-holding, but their project management is very proactive; if they don’t understand something, they will push it back to us and won’t go into development without getting an approval.

We primarily use email and Skype on occasion. They primarily use Agile methodology for their internal practices, which is what they recommend as a first step. They are very flexible when working with clients, and for us sometimes it is Waterfall.

They have a wide spectrum of skill sets across the agency. Their most impressive assets are their technical knowledge and their people. It has been awesome working with them.

They could have a bit more self-guided attention to detail in the frontend and try to fix things themselves rather than go back to us. We had one of two areas where we had to take care of things, but it was resolved quickly and was very minor. There aren’t many problems when dealing with them, but if there are issues, they work to straighten things out right away, so it has been positive.

Pre-book in advance. I would recommend locking in on their rates. If you have a long-term project, you can get a couple of developers for a great price.

They are really cost-effective and a great value for the money.
    My rating relates to the minor thing that happened.
    I would definitely recommend them.