Boston Digital Advertising & Marketing Agency

Bronze

CommCreative is a strategically minded, creatively fueled marketing agency. We have digital in our DNA. Results in our hearts. And we’re passionate about creating stories that express who our clients are at their core while connecting with their most coveted audiences. Whether it’s B2B or B2C, for us, it’s about stirring the emotions of the human on the other end of your message. That’s how we inspire action. You could call it a “philosophy,” but really, it’s science.

Let’s put it to work for your brand.

1990
Framingham, MA
  • 75 Fountain Street
    Framingham, MA 01702

Johnson Controls, Bose, OOFOS, RSA Conference, Onapsis, PTC, Flooring America, Inspir Carnegie Hill, Highland Capital Partners, Gexa Energy, Maplewood Assisted Living

OOFOS – Case Study: Creative, E-Commerce and Integrated Marketing Strategy Image

OOFOS – Case Study: Creative, E-Commerce and Integrated Marketing Strategy

Check out the case study on our website, here: https://www.commcreative.com/work/oofos, which features insight to our e-commerce, website, and integrated marketing strategy.

PTC – Case Study: Brand Messaging, Creative, & Video  Image

PTC – Case Study: Brand Messaging, Creative, & Video

View the case study on our website here: https://www.commcreative.com/work/ptc-creo-50

PTC tasked us with creating a teaser campaign that would create excitement for the upcoming release of Creo 5.0. We needed to inspire 3D designers, a crowd known to be set in their design program ways, to change out their software for something new.

RSA Conference – Case Study: Creative, Branding, & Integrated Marketing Strategy Image

View the case study on our website at: https://www.commcreative.com/work/rsa

Each year, we're tasked with bringing the RSA Conference theme to life and implementing an integrated marketing strategy to grow revenue.

Inspīr – Case Study: Building a Luxury Senior Living Brand & Digital Presence Image

Inspīr – Case Study: Building a Luxury Senior Living Brand & Digital Presence

View the case study on our website at: https://www.commcreative.com/work/inspir

Our long-standing client, Mapplewood Senior Living wanted to launch a bold new idea: senior living, but on the highest level. And that’s how Inspīr Carnegie Hill was born. See how we created a brand.

JCI Case Study Image

JCI Case Study

View the case study on our website at https://www.commcreative.com/work/johnson-controls!

PTC – Video: "CREO Speaks To You"

Flooring America Case Study Image

Flooring America Case Study

Explore the case study on our website at https://www.commcreative.com/work/flooring-america!

Advertising & Marketing for Computer Software Company

"They quickly come up to speed on technical products and can come up with simple messaging that truly resonates."

July - Nov. 2018

CommCreative provided advertising and marketing services for a network performance monitoring company. Their team refined the messaging for the client's brand and provided copy and design work.

Boston, Massachusetts
VP of Marketing, Network Performance Monitoring Company

The engagement has led to an increase in MQLs by 50% month-over-month. CommCreative is open to feedback and adaptable, ensuring a collaborative partnership between teams. The team works to understand the industry at hand to provide the best possible support.

We are a SaaS-based network performance monitoring company. We sell to technical IT buyers, and my team and I are responsible for: messaging, content, product marketing, demand generation, events, public relations, and website strategy/execution.

For what projects/services did your company hire CommCreative?

We hired CommCreative to help us establish and refine our messaging, create a new home page to reflect that messaging, and then build out our demand generation strategy accordingly. At the time, we had very limited internal marketing capacity, and so CommCreative was essential to helping us get up and running quickly.

Our goals were to create messaging that appropriately targeted our buyers without being too "speeds and feeds" focused, and we needed to ensure that we could relay that message clearly via our website. A key outcome we were looking for was to ensure that buyers could distinguish AppNeta in the marketplace and that they understood the value we offer. In addition, we needed to ensure that we could weave this messaging strategy into our demand generation programs, which also needed significant overhaul. Ultimately we measured success of that component by the leads and pipeline value these programs drove.

I had worked with CommCreative previously at another tech company and was incredibly impressed with their capabilities and skill. What really stood out to me was not only how comfortable they were working with very technical products with complex value, but also how seamlessly they worked with my internal team(s). While I had worked with CommCreative before, I still brought them in to meet with my team and with our CEO. Not surprisingly, they were just as impressed as I was with CommCreative, and it was a no-brainer to move forward.

This project involved:

• Messaging
  • intake meeting, brand manifesto, boiler plate copy, messaging hierarchy, etc.
  • Home page redesign
  • copy and creative for new home page
  • Demand Generation strategy
  • covering paid search, display, LinkedIn, direct mail, intent data, and email nurture
  • Demand Generation execution
  • email nurture copy, paid search management, display adv creative and media placement, ongoing reporting, measurement, and optimization, etc.

I've worked closely with an Account Manager, the head of strategy, and an agency partner -- all of them are outstanding. (And I requested them personally after having worked with them before.) We also work with several other people on their teams who are also great. The team is very consistent and we have not had any turnover in terms of the people we work with.

These programs have been hugely successful. In our first four months of this new demand generation strategy, we saw MQLs increase 50% month-over-month. In addition, we increased our pipeline over 150% in the past year. Beyond that tangible impact, belief and trust in marketing across the organization has never been higher.

This is really a strength of CommCreative's. They're so open to working however is best for us. I requested that we skip the formal presentations and instead just work as one integrated team (rather than in a formal agency-client way) and it's been fantastic for us. They're adaptable, flexible, and very open to feedback.

I think it's incredibly impressive how CommCreative is able to really get in the head of the technical IT buyer. They quickly come up to speed on technical products and can come up with simple messaging that truly resonates. This is rare, in my experience.

Honestly, I don't have a whole lot to say in terms of areas for improvement. CommCreative has been exceptionally receptive when I've offered feedback along the way.

Great value for the work.
    I have already referred them to many people!

Marketing & Event Planning for SaaS Provider

"CommCreative was a skilled partner."

Sept. 2007 – Apr. 2009

CommCreative created marketing strategy including traditional and digital components to generate leads for a SaaS provider. The team supported the execution of a premier industry event including collateral.

1,001-5,000 employees

Waltham, Massachusetts
Craig Cohen
VP of Marketing Solutions, Gomez Inc.

Satisfying stakeholders, CommCreative delivered effective strategies that generated leads and produced revenue. The team was dependable, communicating proactively and providing quick responses to support smooth collaboration. They were dedicated to results, which enabled additional engagements.

I was the vice president of marketing programs at Gomez Inc., a SaaS provider. The company investigates platform errors and makes sure end users have the experience that was intended.

What challenge were you trying to address with CommCreative?

We wanted a medium-sized agency to help our demand generation programs. We needed help finding all our company’s audiences and suggest strategies that would deliver leads to our sales team.

CommCreative developed a whole demand generation strategy, which was a mix of direct and digital marketing including keywords to leverage our GoogleAds account. First, their team came in and acquired an understanding of our audience. Then, they produced a strategy that involved different channels for lead generation including trade shows, direct marketing lists, and emails. We worked with their team to buy those lead delivery programs. They guided the programs, discussing any vendors, assets, and resources needed. For example, if we wanted to participate in a tradeshow, CommCreative would discuss signage and booth design.

One of the biggest programs they helped us with was to design and launch an industry event, which was the first event focused on web experience issues. Their team developed educational sessions and exhibitions. They helped create the invites and the event guides that were handed to participants. It was a very large project. If CommCreative wasn’t in the mix, we would’ve never been able to pull it off.

We worked with an account executive, a project manager, a designer, a digital specialist, a PR person, and a Google Ads specialist.  My main point of contact was Joanna (Agency Partner and Strategy, CommCreative). Since we had a small marketing team, CommCreative was my go-to for questions about strategy, results, and optimizing the programs for better results with our limited budget. They became a trusted advisor quickly.

How did you come to work with CommCreative?

A colleague recommended CommCreative.

We spent between $500,000–$1 million with them.

We worked together between September 2007–April 2009.

The programs we purchased from CommCreative worked. Our team was happy with the results, especially from the forum. Their team was instrumental in marketing the event. They helped generate revenue, which was the main reason we brought them on. We received excellent feedback from inside and outside the organization for our lead delivery.

Since we had a small team, they definitely helped us with efficiency. CommCreative became an extension of our marketing department. Wherever my career has taken me, I’ve continued to work with their team because I was so pleased.

How did CommCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

CommCreative was there for me every step of the way. They gave me proactive reports on where we were in terms of budget and results. They were excellent communicators. As a high-tech firm, we required near real-time accessibility. Their team accommodated our needs. We were extremely demanding of their team’s time. They understood the mentality needed to provide services in the high-tech industry. We were thrilled. CommCreative was an excellent team, which I came to trust and rely on.

CommCreative was a skilled partner. They care about helping the client do better. I never got the feeling that they were out to collect fees. Their team took ownership of the project and wanted it to succeed. They understood that sometimes an agency has to go above and beyond to get the job done, which they always did.

I wouldn’t have continued to work with their team had they not been able to deliver successfully on every single project. Since our initial collaboration, I’ve worked with CommCreative on multiple projects. Every time I have a project, I insist on having them on my team. I wouldn’t think about working with another agency except for CommCreative.

It’s important to pick and develop trust in the team. Have open and continuous communication with them. Since you’re bringing an agency with expertise and a new set of eyes on board, listen to their advice.

Overall Score Each time I’ve brought them to a company, I get the same seasoned professionals. I really appreciate that.
    They have always done a great job of asking if the proposed deadlines were good.
    They’ve never said that they couldn’t work on something because we were out of time or funds.
    I always recommend them.

Marketing Support for Privately-Held Software Company

"Since working with CommCreative, our brand and our presence in our market have strengthened significantly."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

CommCreative supports a variety of marketing initiatives to meet goals. The team created a marketing plan, budget, trade show strategy, and press releases.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Cheryn Bastable Byron
Marketing Manager, TruCode

CommCreative perfected a company's strategic direction. Traffic and leads have improved dramatically. The team at CommCreative is easy to work with. They're talented and communicative. Customers can expect a strong partnership.

Marketing Manager, responsible for development and execution of marketing strategy and plan.

For what projects/services did your company hire CommCreative?

We initially hired CommCreative to help us refine our value proposition and messaging in early 2015. Since then, we have had an ongoing retainer agreement with them. We have also hired them for help with naming a new product.

With a marketing department of 1.5 people, we needed an agency that we could partner with to support us in a broad range of initiatives, from strategy development, advertising, PR, digital marketing, trade show support, and more.

We were looking for an agency that had a lot of experience in the B2B healthcare industry. It was important that the agency have a broad range of capabilities. We also had a budget, so we needed someone who we felt delivered value. Most importantly, we needed an agency that was easy to work with and that felt like an extension of our company. CommCreative met all of these requirements and more.

We have worked with CommCreative on a number of initiatives, including creating a marketing plan and budget, advertising, trade show strategy and execution, writing and deployment of press releases, content development and deployment, webinar development & promotion, and more. We provide our business goals, marketing objectives, and budget to CommCreative, and they work with us to develop initiatives with measurable results that help us achieve thse goals.

We always have had active participtation from the partners of the company to lead the creative and strategic direction. We interact regularly with 3-4 members of the team, but I know there are many more working behind the scenes. I have always felt that we have access to any member of their team if needed.

Since working with CommCreative, our brand and our presence in our market have strengthened significantly. Our website traffic grew 55% after investing in key digital marketing activities with them. On average, our leads have grown 15%.

Project management is outstanding. The communication is frequent and specific so there are never any surprises. We really feel like they are an extension of our team.

The most impressive thing about CommCreative is their people. They have put together an extremely talented group of individuals who are fun and easy to work with. Their work is superb. Our leadership team can be tough to please sometimes and they manage to impress them with almost every project and presentation.

I really can't think of anything. Superb quality, projects are usually on-time and on-budget.

Simple.
    We have used cheaper agencies in the past with disappointing results so quality is very important to us.
    We have been impressed with everything they deliver.
    Already have!

Marketing for Nonprofit Senior Care Organization

"They consider themselves part of our team and part of our success."

2005 - Ongoing

CommCreative provides integrated marketing campaigns for a nonprofit senior care organization. These include PPC, digital ads, and physical media. They also perform creative work for promotional campaigns.

Boston, Massachusetts
Sarah Sykora
VP of Marketing, Hebrew Senior Life

CommCreative’s work provides a strong ROI and attracts new customers. Their commitment to the work and to the client's mission is fantastic. They communicate effectively and always deliver projects on time, while also delivering great value on cost.

I am the vice president of marketing at Hebrew Senior Life, one of the top five largest nonprofits in Massachusetts. We serve 3,000 seniors every day across a spectrum of care.

What challenges are you trying to address with CommCreative?

We need a marketing effort to promote our business lines and create leads across our revenue-generating business lines.

CommCreative executes our paid media efforts including PPC, digital ads, direct mail, and out-of-home promotional signage. They help us with securing and buying the media plan and the production and conceptualization of the assets. They also do all of our creative work for promotional campaigns and brand campaigns for the organization overall.

Previously, they worked on SEO for us as well, but we’ve moved that to an in-house team. There are also times when we combine our SEO efforts with their PPC efforts, but that’s not strictly part of their retainer.

Our main point of contact is Jeff (Account Manager, CommCreative). There are four other people we are regularly in contact with, including a creative director. Ashley (President, CommCreative) often joins calls and participates in meetings on a regular basis.

How did you come to work with CommCreative?

The relationship predates my arrival and is still ongoing. They were brought on many years before I started working with Hebrew Senior Life. A few years ago, I did a huge audit of what we were doing, and we moved to a retainer-based contract. At this point, it’s a well-honed relationship.

Presently, we invest approximately $500,000 annually.

We started working with them at least 15 years ago, sometime around 2005. They are currently still working with us.

CommCreative’s PPC work does quite well in terms of ROI. We don’t spend a ton of money on PPC, and yet we’ve still had many new customers as a result of those efforts. That’s led to an ROI of over 1,000%.

Our integrated campaigns also deliver well for us in terms of ROI.

How did CommCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform fantastically well. We primarily use phone calls and emails to communicate with them. There are weekly status updates with Zoom. We’ve used Basecamp for media projects. I cannot think of a project in my three years where anything hasn’t been delivered on time. Jeff, our account manager, is exceptionally professional.

I find their commitment to the work outstanding. They consider themselves part of our team and part of our success. Because of that, they get who we are. Therefore, all the work they do is very authentic to HSL and what we’re promoting.

There is nothing that strikes me as an area where great improvement is needed. They are strong across the board.

Bronze