Accelerating Success for Visionary Brands

Evolved to meet the digital marketing needs of visionary organizations, Colibri Digital Marketing is San Francisco’s first and only full-service, B Corp-certified digital marketing agency. We are forward-thinking digital marketing leaders who reflect the ever-growing need for business leadership that promotes and defends the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit.

We use digital marketing best practices to position your change-making brand for success and build the relationships your company needs to thrive.

Positioning your brand for success means understanding your vision, your industry, and your clients. We start with a thorough and detailed look at what your organization is trying to achieve, and creating a flexible and actionable digital marketing plan that allows you to be productive and measure results.

Effective triple bottom line digital marketing always takes into consideration the results you are trying to get with the people involved in your business (clients, employees, vendors, stockholders, board members and more), the planet (the environmental impact your company is having, and, of course, the profits the fuel your business. Successful companies can be influencers for a better world, and that is why triple bottom line and B Corp-minded businesses choose Colibri Digital Marketing.

We believe in your vision, we extend your reach, and we get you the best triple bottom line results possible.

San Francisco, CA
  • 1931 Buchanan St
    San Francisco, CA 94115

Fitch Criminal Defense P.C., San Francisco Green Film Festival, Food Sovereignty Tours, Corodata, Danielle Lazier :: SFhotlist Team and Compass Realty, City College of San Francisco, Berrett-Koehler Publishers

SEO Strategy for IT Consulting Firm

"All discussions and activities brought us toward our goals and desired results."

June 2017 - Jan. 2018

Colibri strengthened SEO efforts for a website that had a very poor online presence and hardly got any leads. Their work included a deep study of the business’ goals and target market.

Dan Bodner
CEO, Fido Systems

The very first modifications they did brought the website from the ninth page of results to the first. They’re a dedicated partner that truly works to fit your needs rather than offering generic solutions and taking our money. They’ll soon undertake an entire design and content revamp for the site.

I’m the owner and CEO of an IT consulting firm that provides outsourced IT department functions, managed services, and computer system integration.

For what projects/services did your company hire Colibri Digital Marketing?

We weren’t leveraging our presence on the Internet properly. Our website was barely getting any traffic and we seldom received any leads from it.

They were referred to us by a friend.

The main goal of the project was to improve the search results for our website. Colibri conducted a detailed process to get to know our business goals, focusing on fully understanding who our target market was. This market analysis included not just who we thought it was, but also what it should be relative to our services and benchmarks of similar service providers.

The tweaks they initially made to our site way before completing the project immediately brought ups from the ninth page of a Google search to the first. We were absolutely stunned and amazed.

Having fully seen the potential of what they can accomplish, we’re now moving ahead with them to revamp the whole website with a new design and refreshed content. We will be working collaboratively with them to create the content anew.

They’re well organized and had the initiative to keep the project on schedule.

They showed us a process that wasn't just hype or a regurgitated management process from someone's workbook on best practices. Their process had purpose and intelligence from the outset; none of the time we spent with them seemed superfluous.

All discussions and activities brought us toward our goals and desired results. I've seen other such engagements ultimately come down to a sales job upfront, with meaningless fluff delivered after they have your money.

I can't think of any.

Digital Strategy for Graphic Design Business

"Our goals were met and exceeded."

Mar. - June 2014

Colibri Digital Marketing provided their expertise to improve a design firm's search engine optimization. Specifically, they re-wrote the website's copy and devised a keyword strategy.

Valerie Edmon
Owner, Goose Dog Designs

The client was impressed by Colibri Digital Marketing's technical skills and understanding of the target market. In addition to achieving high rankings for the target keywords, the outcome was an increase in conversion and the number of people on the email marketing list.

I’m the owner of Goose Dog Designs, a graphic and web design company. We typically serve small to medium sized business and sole proprietorships. We provide website and logo design as well as digital and print assets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Colibri Digital Marketing?

We needed help because our site was not search engine optimized.

The first thing they did was rewrite all of the copy on our website. They mapped out a keyword plan for us and wrote each page accordingly. After that, we did an email marketing campaign. This was a 12-series drip campaign for inbound leads, people who were reading the blog. It delivered marketing tips to business owners. Colibri was very much involved in the strategy of the work. The key to copywriting is being able to speak different voices to different target audiences to attract them. Their team has a wide range of technical skills and an understanding of the target market.

How did you come to work with Colibri Digital Marketing?

I had met the owner of Colibri through a consulting event. I learned about her business and she learned about mine. After looking at her work, I felt that our marketing philosophies were aligned. I wanted to make sure I found the right agency, as I wanted to have someone who would provide strategy along with the deliverables.

How much have you invested with Colibri Digital Marketing?

In total, we spent less than $10,000 for both projects.

We began working with them in March 2014 and the work was completed in June 2014.

Both of the campaigns were effective. The number of people on my email marketing list increased. For the web copy, there was an increase in conversions and the rankings of the keywords we were targeting. That was a surprise for us. We just wanted to rewrite the copy to make it more search engine friendly, but it ended up being better sales copy altogether. Our goals were met and exceeded.

How did Colibri Digital Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They had excellent project management; there were no hiccups at all. Communication was totally seamless, mostly over phone and email. They were transparent about timelines and I basically didn’t have to pay attention.

What did you find most impressive about Colibri Digital Marketing?

I didn’t know what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The projects were really fun for me. They’re super knowledgeable, easy to work with, and excellent communicators. They made sure to understand our business and our needs so that there’s no disconnect between us and our target market. Great marketing content has to be totally aligned with the company as a whole, including the sales process and what is delivered to the client. Colibri had a very strategic approach to creating content, and their range of service is not easy to come by. There are copywriters who are experts in specific types of marketing assets, but it's rare to find a company that can do it all well.

Are there any areas Colibri Digital Marketing could improve?

There were no hiccups so I don’t have anything that can be improved.

Overall Score I went back to them for a second project.
    They had a reasonable timeline and all deadlines were met or exceeded.
    The value of the work was worth more than I paid.
    Both pieces of content delivered exceeded expectations.
    I have recommended them already.

Branding for Interior Design Business

"It felt like Colibri Digital Marketing really cared about the results."

Jan. - July 2015

The owner of an interior design business wanted to rebrand and build a new website. Colibri Digital Marketing created a brand document (i.e. mission statement and values) and a Google Analytics report on keywords, as a way of defining and elevating the designer's overall vision.

Entrepreneur

California
Sarah Bashford
Owner, Bashford Design

In addition to receiving direction for the website's development, the owner had a much a better understanding of how to frame the unique qualities of her company by the end of the engagement. Colibri Digital Marketing's passion for the job was palpable and appreciated by the client.

We’re an interior design company in California, and I’m the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Colibri Digital Marketing?

I was thinking about renaming my company and adding a new website. I wanted to be sure I got the brand right before I did anything else.

Colibri Digital Marketing interviewed me and some of my clients and put a brand document together which included a mission statement, values, etc. They suggested some of the words I should use as keywords on the website and did an analysis on the value of different keywords on Google.

How did you come to work with Colibri Digital Marketing?

I met Colibri Digital Marketing through a business networking group. I chose them because I knew them before.

How much have you invested with Colibri Digital Marketing?

I spent less than $10,000 on the project.

We began working together in January 2015, and the project was completed in July 2015.

The project helped me personally to understand the brand that I was representing. It helped me to know how I was different from other interior designers. Their involvement also helped direct the website development.

How did Colibri Digital Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Colibri Digital Marketing is very responsive and timely. We met in person at times and also communicated through email.

What did you find most impressive about Colibri Digital Marketing?

Colibri Digital Marketing put in a lot of time that I probably didn’t pay them for. They were very passionate about getting answers to the questions that came up when we were trying to figure out the branding. It felt like Colibri Digital Marketing really cared about the results.

Are there any areas Colibri Digital Marketing could improve?

I don’t have a lot to compare Colibri Digital Marketing with but everything seemed to work well for me.

There was one time Colibri Digital Marketing couldn’t meet the deadline, but they gave me plenty of notice.
    I got a lot more than I paid for.