Helping Your Company GROW Online

Cogo Interactive is a leading edge digital marketing agency that specializes in online marketing strategy, website design & development, search engine optimization, social media marketing and email campaign strategies.

We help our clients acquire and retain customers via email, websites, search engines, online advertising and other emerging digital marketing channels.

COGO Interactive specializes in results-driven online marketing solutions. We provide our clients with the best and most effective online marketing strategies available today.

COGO’s combination of interactive marketing and technology savvy delivers exactly what you would expect from online marketing experts: higher – and more targeted – web traffic for your business.

Our team is made up of award-winning web experts and marketing veterans with over 50 years of combined experience in developing winning online marketing strategies. Our experienced creative, marketing and technology teams join forces to develop solutions specifically tailored to ensure you reach your goals.

Our single-minded purpose is to help our clients leverage the internet as a new and powerful marketing tool.

Simply put, our expert staff can help you navigate today’s fast-evolving digital landscape.

If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, contact us today!

Chantilly, VA

Healthcare/Medical Practices |

Technology |

Residential Construction

Website Redesign & SEO for CPA Firm

"The breadth of their skills is impressive."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Cogo Interactive conducted a website redesign and SEO to find and appeal to new clients. They transferred content from an existing site to the new platform and continue to provide updates and consultation.

Austin, Texas
Libby King
Founder, Libby King & Associates, LLC

The website is visually appealing, and the SEO has fostered new business opportunities. Cogo Interactive showcased expertise in a range of services beyond the original scope of the project. They communicated well through Basecamp and adhered to all deadlines.

I am the founder and CEO of a CPA firm. We provide outsource accounting for small businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

I wanted a complete redesign of my website. I wanted to present myself better in cyberspace and take advantage of SEO to attract and retain new clientele and employees.

We took some content from our previous website, but otherwise, it was a fresh start online. And aside from their SEO work, they also designed a trade show banner. We continue to engage when the site needs updates.

I generally work directly with the president. They have a team for the services, but I don’t interact with them much.

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

I met the president several years before we started working together. At that time, I wasn’t ready in the life cycle of my business to engage someone for a project of this size. We stayed in touch, and when I was finally ready to get a more professional website, Cogo Interactive was my first call. I didn’t look for anybody else because I trusted that they would be right for the job.

I’ve spent around $5,000.

We began in February 2016 and continue working together on updates when necessary.

The new site has received generous reviews. As a result of the SEO, I’ve had significantly more contact with people searching for our services. It has brought us more paying customers.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was quick to respond to any questions I had. We communicated mostly through Basecamp and secondarily through email. Basecamp was easy to use, and it kept everything organized in one place.

The breadth of their skills is impressive. They don’t just know web design or SEO. They are well-versed in graphic design and are able to advise content decisions.

Anybody unfamiliar with online project management tools will need to embrace Basecamp and trust that the system will work.

They met every deadline.
    It's a big investment, but I've already recovered what I've spent with new clients. You get what you pay for.
    The website needed tweaks over time, but we are pleased with the overall quality of their services.
    I have already recommended them. There is nobody else I would think to recommend.

Website Re-design for Residential Building Developer

“They’re great organizationally and know what products and services work best.”

June 2016 - June 2017

Cogo Interactive overhauled a website for a building supply company. They provided several themes to choose from that would highlight key strengths and inventory. They continue to monitor SEO and site rankings.

Winchester, Virginia
Rhonda Leppert
Executive Assistant, Annandale Millwork Corp.

The new site is attractive, bright, and clean and feedback is entirely favorable. Cogo kept the process moving smoothly and patiently answered any questions. They were prepared and were savvy project managers.

I’m an executive assistant at Annandale Millwork and Allied Systems Corporation. We supply building materials for production builders as well as multifamily construction jobs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

Our website was about a decade old and needed updating. We wanted a company to modernize the site content and design.

They did a complete overhaul of the site. Peggy (President & Founder, Cogo Interactive) presented us with a plethora of available themes and made recommendations for options that would suit us. She really shaped how our website would display our core strengths and what we supply.

We mostly work directly with Peggy.

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

Peggy gave a talk at the Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce discussing how to optimize your website for exposure and lead development.  Peggy also spoke about social media and its importance in our marketplace. We were intrigued and started the conversation with her.

We signed a contract with them in summer 2016. We couldn’t dedicate all our focus to the site, so it took about a year to complete. Peggy still sends quarterly reports and keeps the site updated and current. The reports show organic and deliberate site visits and our search engine rankings in comparison to our competitors.

We were established in 1952, so we’re well known in the industry in our area. Numerous individuals comment on how beautiful the new site is. The images are bright and clean and the updated content really encompasses what we do. Our employees and customers all give us favorable feedback.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They kept the process moving steadily and stayed in touch. They understood that the site wasn’t always our highest priority and were okay with a flexible schedule. They extracted all the information they needed to create the site and make our content relevant. Their management skills throughout the build were great.

We had a tracking system and an email solution. They kept track of our meetings and we took time to compare notes and talk about the needs that needed to be met.

They never tired of the almost unending stream of questions from us. We had weekly meetings to make sure the progress continued and didn’t stagnate. They never let us go too long before they established the next steps. They’re great organizationally and know what products and services work best.

I don’t think so. I relied on their expertise to get the project done.

Be ready to work. They will do everything you need them to but be prepared to be committed and put the work in. You are the expert for your company, use your knowledge to drive the project.

Overall Score I’m glad I worked with them. We had a positive, educational experience.
    They’re great at meeting deadlines but we had to plan at least a week ahead to get on their schedule.
    They give more value than we anticipated. Peggy did a great job and we like her personally. We became very friendly through the process.
    We have a quality product. It’s more than we hoped for.
    I’ve already recommended them to other companies who have hired them.

Social Media Marketing for Wellness Studio

“It was a match made in heaven; Cogo Interactive offers precisely what I need, right when I need it most.”

May 2013 - Ongoing

Cogo Interactive writes, creates, and posts content to a client’s Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus accounts. The team manages an entire social media marketing campaign to ramp up digital brand visibility.

Burke, Virginia
Jennifer Ferdinand
Owner, Serendipity Wellness Studio

Cogo Interactive established online visibility and relevance to ramp up user engagement. The team of informed experts makes intuitive decisions for content production unaided. A thorough understanding of corporate identity enables their creative copywriter to depict an ideal digital presence.

I’m the owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio. We offer massage and skincare services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

We needed to hire a team for our social media marketing. I didn’t have the desire to do this work in-house, nor did I have necessary writing or creative abilities.

Cogo Interactive writes and manages our company’s blog. For our social media channels, they create and post content on our Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus accounts. When I sat down with their president for our first meeting, she asked lots of thoughtful questions about my business. After the whole team was adequately informed, they started taking action on the plans we’d made for our digital campaigns.

Initially, Peg (President, Cogo Interactive) was my main point of contact. A content creator produces all our copywriting.

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

I met their president through Business Networking International (BNI) group.  Since I didn’t even know where to start, I needed an informed expert. At the time, I was overwhelmed by how much work I had ahead of me.  Based on our first discussion, she seemed to know what exactly she’s doing.

It was a match made in heaven; Cogo Interactive offers precisely what I need, right when I need it most. I didn’t feel compelled to do much research to compare and contrast other vendors. The president seemed enthusiastic about working with me, so we hired them.

We spend $500 a month on our partnership with Cogo Interactive.

We started working together in May 2013, and our project is ongoing.

Cogo Interactive helped me establish the online visibility I was after. Rather than dramatic results, my real goal was to have a substantial brand presence on Facebook to help customers find us. I don’t know if I’ve gotten any business from their fantastic posts yet, but their content definitely keeps me relevant.

The team’s copywriter has gotten to know both me and my business pretty well at this point. Even though I’ve never met him, he seems to get the gist of the creative we need. Cogo Interactive writes excellent posts for our blog and social channels, and I’m satisfied with the work they’re doing for me.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve never had any issues with their management style. They regularly send emails for me to review and make any corrections I need.  Their whole method works very smoothly.

Even though I don't provide any ideas for them to work from, Cogo Interactive always manages to conceptualize great posts and content.

Digital Marketing for Local Accounting Firm

“They consistently stay on top of new strategies to make sure we’re well equipped to maintain our rankings.”

Dec. 2009 - Ongoing

Cogo Interactive provided counsel on a wide variety of SEO tactics, ranging from establishing blogs and online newsletters to sending monthly email campaigns and creating social media accounts.

Falls Church, Virginia
Daniel Gilliland
President, Gilliland & Associates

Year over year, Cogo Interactive’s SEO efforts have yielded an increased digital impact, generating a consistent number of prospective leads per month. While there were some timing ambiguities, the team communicated clearly, responded promptly to client concerns, and made relevant suggestions.

I’m the owner of a CPA firm called Gilliland & Associates. We provide traditional services, including bookkeeping, payroll, taxes, and accounting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

With the advent of digital marketing, we needed to update our advertising channels. Previously, we posted in phonebooks but weren’t getting a good ROI. As a result, we wanted to find a new way to generate leads and expand our business.

They’ve mainly focused on developing and implementing SEO strategies to increase our search rankings. Their approach involved tweaking our site to target certain keywords, incorporating videos, starting a blog, transitioning from a paper to digital newsletter, and sending a monthly email blast. They also established our digital presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to open new channels. Currently, they continue to track our Google Analytics and provide suggestions to improve our visibility.

We primarily worked with Peg (President, Cogo Interactive).

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

I met their president at a BNI group where participants meet once a week to pitch their businesses and hear testimonials. After seeing her presentation, I felt like she could help my business and hired her team.

We’ve spent about $42,000 thus far.

Their work began in December 2009 and is ongoing.

Over time, we’ve built a strong online presence with consistently high rankings for our key terms. Their strategic recommendations have generated a steady stream of leads with a third of all new clients coming from our digital channels.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

In general, they’re responsive and keep us on task. If we encounter any issues, they’re quick to address them and offer good suggestions. Once a month, we review a Google Analytics report and discuss any changes that need to be made, which they help to implement. In terms of communication, they respond promptly and are generally available. We speak via phone and email.

In addition to their reasonable pricing, I appreciate that they go over our analytics with me and check on everything as opposed to doing all the work behind the scenes. This ensures that everyone remains up to date and understands any changes. They consistently stay on top of new strategies to make sure we’re well equipped to maintain our rankings.

If I had to give a criticism, there were times when they could have responded faster about our analytics, but nobody’s perfect.

Customers should have a clear way of tracking their results to see the ROI. This is the best way to gauge Cogo Interactive’s value and shows just how much they can grow a business.

Overall Score Over the past eight years, we’ve been happy with their work.
    Although there were some ambiguities, they’ve been outstanding overall.
    They have a good price considering the quality of their service.
    They provide results and always come up with new strategies.
    I recommend them all the time.

Digital Marketing & SEO for Roofing Company

“They are experts and will tailor a service to fit your needs.”

May 2012 - Ongoing

Cogo Interactive manages a variety of online services for a roofing company. They redesigned the website, added an online payment system, and oversee SEO and social media campaigns.

Fairfax, Virginia
Patrick Readyhough
President, Pond Roofing

Increased engagement on social media drives traffic to the site. SEO is strong and there is very little need for PPC initiatives. The redesign is clean, informative, and easy to use. Cogo is responsive and very quick to make changes.

I’m the owner of Pond Roofing Company. We do exterior remodeling on homes, including roofing, siding, windows, doors, and gutters.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

We had an outdated website and our SEO was poorly managed. We were working with another company and wanted to find a new team.

They started out by redesigning our website and taking over our SEO. We’ve gone through a couple redesigns with them now and they’ve taken over our social media campaigns as well. They write content for our blogs and daily social media posts. Once we approve the content, they manage the whole process. They help improve our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts through Hootsuite.

We recently added a payment system to the website. They designed a page that integrated with our credit card processor and allowed customers to securely enter their information and make payments online.

We generally deal with Peg (President, Cogo Interactive). There are times when we talk every day and others when we don’t need to speak for a couple of months. We scale back and forth depending on our need, but always go through Peg.

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

Our previous owner met Peg through Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce. They developed a good rapport right away, so we invited her to meet with us. She was knowledgeable and responsive and we decided to work with her team.

Over the years we’ve worked with them, we’ve definitely spent more than $50,000.

We started working together around May 2012. It’s an ongoing engagement.

We have more followers and engagement on our social media accounts, which drives customers to our website. Their work on our SEO and social media brings enough traffic to our site and we don’t need to spend money on PPC campaigns.

The site redesign is clean, informative, easy to use, and mobile-friendly. It’s easy to make changes with Cogo. Recently, we were inundated with calls after a windstorm and couldn’t keep up with the voicemails. We asked Peg to post a notice on the site for customers to email us. Within hours, she posted a message to our homepage that explained the situation and directed customers to an estimate request form. It streamlined the process and helped us build a queue.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They respond quickly and always with the right results. They’re top-notch. We usually start each project with a phone call or email to Peg, then we move to a project management messaging tool to collaborate on each piece.

I like that I’m dealing directly with an expert owner. She knows what she’s doing and can hand pieces over to her team when she needs to. She gives the process her personal touch.

Nothing comes to mind. Sometimes, it might be easier to deal directly with a graphic designer for some of the web design. As an owner, I appreciate going through the proper channels and letting the project manager keep things on track. Our arrangement works well.

Don’t go in with too many preconceived notions of how the process should work. They are experts and will tailor a service to fit your needs.

Most everything we do with them moves pretty quickly.
    We pay more for them than we would with some of their competitors, but we get great value for our money.
    Our website looks awesome.
    I’ve recommended them many times.

Web Design & SEO for Conflict Resolution Business

“They’ve strived to understand our business, empowering us to curate our digital content independently.”

June 2013 - Ongoing

Cogo Interactive built a mobile-friendly WordPress site and provided biannual SEO consulting. They also established a blog and newsletter. Currently, they’re updating the UX/UI and site security.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Ellen Kandell
President, Alternative Resolutions

Lauded by internal stakeholders, the newly launched site led to a 75% increase in sales conversions. Although they could have been more time-efficient, Cogo Interactive’s customer-centric approach and business acumen spur continued engagement.

I’m the owner of Alternative Resolutions. We provide conflict resolution services, resolution facilitators, and training.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

After two iterations, our previous site felt outdated. We needed resources to create and design a mobile-friendly WordPress site that was SEO compliant. We also needed people to teach us how to navigate WordPress functions and post content.

They built and designed a new mobile-friendly site in WordPress, ensuring that the backend was SEO compliant. They also established a blog and newsletter and educated our internal stakeholders on creating SEO content, including navigating the WordPress functions and basic blog maintenance.

Since the site launch, they’ve conducted biannual reviews to present the SEO report and offer suggestions for future blog content and site adjustments. Currently, they’re finalizing updates for the site, which entails refreshing the UX/UI and ensuring site security.

We worked primarily with their president.

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

At the time, we were considering multiple vendors for our project, but none seemed dedicated to achieving our project goals. We then met Cogo Interactive at a networking event and bonded over our mutual New York roots. Their responsiveness, strong work ethic, and expertise impressed us, so we hired them.

We prefer to keep the cost confidential.

Work began in June 2013 and is ongoing.

Strategic design choices and updated functionality have yielded a 74% increase in sales conversions.

Besides the quantitative metrics, we’ve greatly appreciated Cogo Interactive’s customer-centric approach to the project. Not only have they guided us through the learning phases of WordPress, but they’ve also provided sage business and marketing advice. They’ve strived to understand our business, empowering us to curate our digital content independently.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

As we’ve mentioned, we have biannual follow-ups to assess site performance. We also communicate through Basecamp.

Their business acumen and deep understanding of our business needs allow them to appropriately advise us.

While we value their commitment to perfecting the site, they could be more cognizant of project timelines.

Nothing comes to mind.

Full-Service Digital Marketing for Estate Sales Company

"We’re very satisfied customers."

Feb. 2012 - Ongoing

Cogo Interactive provides full-service marketing services to increase lead generations. The team supplements ongoing SEO with blog management, content creation, and regular maintenance.

Washington, DC
Daniel Sanders
President, Four Sales Ltd.

Their marketing content is accurate and personalized to targeted audiences. Results include new business generation, first-page search rankings, and robust increases in weekly lead generation. Competitive costs reflect the value of their quality work, efficient communication, and thorough service.

I’m the president and CEO of Four Sales, an appraisals company for estate sales, auctions, and personal property. Founded in 1972, we are the largest professional appraisers in the Washington, D.C. area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cogo Interactive?

We hired them six years ago for SEO, which had been managed internally. Since then, they’ve provided marketing and maintenance services to increase web-driven inquiries.

In addition to ongoing SEO, they manage our blog and author content. We review their work for accuracy and fit before they publish.

Cogo Interactive does regular monthly maintenance as well. More recently, they redesigned the website’s wrapper and added CAPTCHA protections.

The president is my primary point of contact. I also interact with various technicians as needed and the main blog writer on a weekly basis.

How did you come to work with Cogo Interactive?

I met them through a variety of local networking groups.

I prefer to keep the amount confidential. However, I can say that it’s substantial and in the five figures.

Work started in February 2012 and is ongoing.

Consistently, we appear in first-page results for our area’s most relevant industry searches. The enhanced wrapper resulted in substantial increases for detailed online queries. Specifically, the web inquiry form generates between 7–21 new leads on a weekly basis. Many of these new queries have resulted in closed business deals.

Their blog content is accurate because the team understands our needs. New protections such as CAPTCHA have decreased the number of issues we encounter.

How did Cogo Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic; we’ve developed a long-term relationship. We use Basecamp to input queries, which they respond to quickly.

They take the time to understand our business, which is slightly out of the mainstream. As a result, the team creates responses that are specific, tailored, and relevant to the business we pursue.

There are no downsides to working with them. They address small issues immediately and ensure that same problem doesn’t happen again. That thoroughness is a highlight of the engagement.

Cogo Interactive has been a fantastic partner. Their services are priced fairly to the quality that’s delivered. There are cheaper vendors, but they won’t provide the same cost-effective result. I highly recommend them to anyone needing digital marketing, web development, lead generation, and maintenance services. We’re very satisfied customers.

Overall Score They’ve been a great partner.
    They do what they say they’re going to do.
    Their prices reflect the market. They’re not the cheapest, but the services are worth the money.
    They produce accurate work that follows our guidelines. However, we require occasional revisions to maintain consistency.
    I recommend them frequently.