Web and Mobile development

CodeTiburon is a software development company and IT outsourcing service provider, headquartered in Kharkiv and delivering high-end solutions to precise specifications since 2009. We are specialized in web and mobile development and committed to the creation of solid turnkey solutions for our customers.

CodeTiburon
Trinklera str. 9
Kharkiv 61000
Ukraine

Linkavie SAS

Real Estate Website: Advanced WP Solution for Luxury Sotogrande

Client

Luxury Sotogrande is a leading luxury Real Estate company for marketing and selling luxury property in Spain’s largest and most prestigious privately owned residential estate of Sotogrande.

The challenge

Every real estate agency knows a unique profile of their customers that largely predetermines their choice of property and area. Our greatest challenge was to translate this knowledge into specific technological solutions that would help to reflect the site’s concept and idiosyncrasies. So our project involved a great deal of business analysis.

Solution

The website is designed for people seeking to buy, sell, or rent property in one of Spain’s largest privately owned residential developments of Sotogrande, Andalusia.

The site is based on a Real Estate WordPress Theme that has been extensively customized with plugins and widgets.

Key features

Easy and efficient...

Corporate Online Learning Mobile Application for SkillPill

Client

Skill Pill is a leading online learning provider, founded in 2007. Being a content partner with such global business publishers as Pearson Education, John Wiley and Kogan Page, Skill Pill produces engaging and impactful just-in-time learning and distributes it via mobile devices, tablets, and PCs.

The client requested a prompt mobile app solution.

Solution

According to the initial work order, we had to create an iOS-based application for iPad devices. Later, the client extended the specification. We got a request to build mobile applications for iOS and Android on top of the developed iPad app.

Features

QR-code reader providing access to SkillPill site.

Registration form allowing users to switch to a registered mode and become regulars via their mobile devices whenever they feel like it.

Push-notifications that let users...

Space-sharing Mobile App: Just Right for On-the-spot Rentals

Client

A Europe-based client ordered a short-term space-rental mobile application that largely follows the Airbnb business model.

The challenge

The world is getting pricier and whatever space there is, has to be shared wisely. Your home, your office, your recreation space (yard, boat, island) are all the commodities with a sharing potential. That’s the key principle of on-demand economy – share whatever is sharable and benefit from the endless lifetime experiences the internet showers you with. How to coordinate the effort and tell the world of the space availability? Archigram – a mobile app for venue arrangements.

Solution

Our software engineers came up with a lean MVP solution for this unique value proposition.

Tinder Social + Airbnb = Archigram

Key features

Geolocation search

Countdown timer

Group-chat capabilities

User profile

...

App Development for Community Travel Platform

"They [CodeTiburon] are very organized, and they are good at doing estimates. They’re not the cheapest developers to work with, but they do make an effort to specify the cost up front."

July 2014 - Ongoing

The client outsourced to CodeTiburon for the full development of their website and mobile applications on iPhone, Android, and iPads. The software was built with JavaScript and Angular JS.

London, UK
Jay Connelly
Director, 10xTravel

The client highlights CodeTiburon’s project management dedication as a strength. They have sufficient resources, and there were minimal surprises with deadlines.

Our organization is 10xTravel. We work with travel companies on generating leads and bookings. I'm a director.

What challenge were you trying to address with CodeTiburon?

We needed an outsourcing partner because we had reached our capacity of doing the work in-house. We worked with CodeTiburon on custom software development for mobile applications and a website.

We did cross-platform mobile apps for iPhone, Android, and iPads. For the website development, CodeTiburon used Angular JS and JavaScript technologies. I have worked with CodeTiburon for three years on a lot of different projects.

How did you come to work with CodeTiburon?

I found CodeTiburon via Upwork. I found them responsive and easy to work with. Even though they are based in Ukraine, they have a project manager who has very good written and spoken English. He runs the entire project and is the main point of communication, so you don’t have to deal with the developer directly which makes the whole relationship a lot smoother.

How much have you invested with CodeTiburon?

We have spent between $15,000 and $25,000.

We began working with CodeTiburon in July 2014, and the engagement is ongoing.

The quality of their coding was commented on by the clients and users. The experience of using the applications was better than before I started working with them.

How did CodeTiburon perform from a project management standpoint?

They provided a dedicated point of contact, and they were quite good at giving deadlines. There were a couple of issues about the price, and they had some capacity issues when they were very busy with the work. Otherwise, everything about their project management was good. I wouldn't have kept working with them if they hadn't been.

What did you find most impressive about CodeTiburon?

They are very organized, and they are good at doing estimates. They’re not the cheapest developers to work with, but they do make an effort to specify the cost up front so there are no surprises with deadlines which I think can happen with a lot of other companies.

Are there any areas CodeTiburon could improve?

I think that their pricing could be a little bit more competitive compared to some other companies, but I think you certainly pay for the service with them. Compared to some other companies in Ukraine, they have quite a lot of resources. The only negative is that they are on the top end of the pay scale in compared to their competitors.

Deadlines were not perfectly executed, but my deadlines are never perfectly executed.
    They always manage to deliver in the end, even if there were a couple of problems.
    Very likely.

Platform Development for French Software Provider

"What I like about CodeTiburon is that they never give up until they find a solution, even if they have to spend time on their cost."

Nov. 2014 - Ongoing

CodeTiburon developed both mobile and web platforms for the client, each of which provides content management, rapid messaging, and intranet services.

Aix-En-Provence Area, France
Co-Founder, IT Provider

Their honesty as partners and strong project management is what this client appreciates about working with CodeTiburon. When an issue arises, they never give up.

We are a startup and we are doing two activities mainly. With CodeTiburon, we provide the web and mobile app development for the French market. We have also developed our own software. I am a co-founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with CodeTiburon?

We have two products that we developed with CodeTiburon. One is a platform that provides content management with approval workflows. We also developed the web and mobile platform that offers rapid messaging and provides some intranet/extranet services.

As a startup, it was important to us to find developers at an optimized price because it’s quite difficult to find good developers in France. The French market is difficult because we have a lack of developers, so the good ones are very expensive. With CodeTiburon, I was able to get a team, including a developer, project manager, UX [user experience] designer, and some people dedicated to testing. When I approach a new project with CodeTiburon, I usually first provide them a functional scope of work, describing what we want. We then have a UX design phase where we define all the features of the development, including some prototyping and visuals that we can show to the customer. After this phase, we then have a project manager or developer that does the testing, and a program director that makes sure everything goes well.

CodeTiburon is a dedicated team, and we have quite a strong partnership, so it felt a bit like they were a part of our company. Thanks to CodeTiburon, we developed a strong prototype for the MVP [minimum viable product] of our app that convinced an important customer to sign with us because they trusted our capability to deliver on time.

How did you come to work with CodeTiburon?

I found them by chance. Before starting my company, I was working for a hardware vendor. It’s a big company, and CodeTiburon called me to see if they would be interested in getting some offshore development services. I had already planned out the project, so I told them that the company was not interested in that; it was not our business. However, personally, I was interested in getting in touch with them and seeing if they could work with us. I selected CodeTiburon because they were able to make a very detailed plan of the technologies they would use. They explained the architecture and provided a lot of details that convinced me that technically, they were very good. It was very important to me to feel that they were a solid company, and that is what I get from them. Because they have my product in their hands, it’s very important to me to have some continuity.

How much have you invested with CodeTiburon?

The project size was $400,000.

We started working with CodeTiburon in November 2014, and our engagement is ongoing.

I am satisfied with the work CodeTiburon delivered. Sometimes we faced problems regarding resources because they are not a very big company. At the same time, it makes me an important customer for them. They always commit to finding solutions because when we develop a project, it’s not always perfect. We have to keep working on it and resolve some bugs. What I like about CodeTiburon is that they never give up until they find a solution, even if they have to spend time on their cost. Regarding feedback, it’s like any product. Sometimes there are problems; sometimes it’s good. CodeTiburon improved a lot with our project compared to the beginning in terms of methodology and tracking time. They are good technically, and they are good in recruiting people.

How did CodeTiburon perform from a project management standpoint?

With CodeTiburon, I work with two project managers depending on the project. First of all, they speak English; that’s very important. They are very good in providing regular outputs of the project, describing where we are and so on. To be honest, sometimes they missed some important information, or they were a bit late with the communication, but it happens. Globally, I think they are quite good, and I am satisfied with the project manager that I have.

What did you find most impressive about CodeTiburon?

What I like most about CodeTiburon is that they are very honest. We work more like a partnership than as a customer and provider. They will advise me not to do something even though they could earn more money. We have now been working together for three years, so we know each other quite well.

Are there any areas CodeTiburon could improve?

They need to have more resources on the mobile app side. There are no problems with web development or project management, but with UX design they are a little bit bottlenecked in terms of resources to manage all projects.

Overall Score I’m very satisfied with what they deliver, and we improve together. Each company has to improve their process to maintain resources, time tracking and so on. We have improved together in a good direction.
    They can be very good. When there are very important projects, they can commit to a timeline and provide weekly reports. Sometimes, I have to remind them to submit reports, which is something they have to improve.
    I think they have quite competitive rates.
    They are very committed to what they deliver and provide the skills for the right project.
    I am very satisfied with our relationship, not only on the technical side but also the approach they have with working as partners.