We Craft Code

Codesmen is a product agency which believes on craftsmanship when developing a technology product. We value the quality of design and work in every product we develop.

Our focus is on delivering quality products that can scale. We use design thinking and behavioural psychology to make products that keep the users engaged and are loved by all. We’ve have developed products for early-stage startups, small & medium businesses, venture funded enterprises and public traded companies.

We use AGILE methodology to develop products and carefully design our sprints. We specialise in working with startups and early-stage ventures which require fast paced development at a reasonable cost.

Austin, TX
  • 1400 Homespun Road
    Austin, TX 78745
  • 20 W 3rd Ave
    San Mateo, CA 94402

Web Development for Transportation Trucking Startup

"They’re a great partner and aren’t like other vendors who end up adding more confusion to the process."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Codesmen designed two portals for a freight transportation company. Their work is ongoing with designing three other portals to complete the project.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Eric Nofsinger
CEO, Greenup LLC.

Codesmen’s work was received with positive acclaim. The team is excellent at training novice partners on project management and technical requirements. Their patience and honest communication is unparalleled.

My business is Greenup LLC, and I’m the president. We focus on matching drivers with freight more easily.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codesmen?

Codesmen was hired to do the beginning UX for two out of five portals for our carrier service.

Codesmen created two portals; one mobile-based one for the driver and one web-based, one for the carrier. They did 10 total edits, across both platforms, and over the month we worked on them together, we were constantly going back and forth on how to best optimize the flows between the platforms.

It was especially difficult because we were only building out half of the platform. Despite that barrier, we worked exceptionally well together and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

My main point of contact was Tyler (CEO, Codesmen).

How did you come to work with Codesmen?

I stumbled on them on Upwork and was able to connect with Codesmen and I liked the work they had already

We’ve invested $40,000 so far, but that’s only one-fourth of our projected spending.

We began working together in August, and our work together is ongoing.

I’ve sat down with at least 20 carriers at this point who would be willing to beta test our system, and if that goes well, they'll jump on board immediately. This is a huge shift from just a few months ago when we were looking for a good team to build out the UI. Greenup is in a great place right now because of Codesmen's work.

How did Codesmen perform from a project management standpoint?

We were aligned on Adobe, Slack, Google Docs, and HubSpot. They were great about bringing me on board and educating me on how to use those tools to better communicate with them throughout the process. We also kept in touch through UpWork on specific design examples. We were able to get on a much better page after I got up to speed.

They had excellent, honest communication, and they weren’t afraid to be blunt with me. Since I’m new in the space, they were willing to set everything aside and explain everything I needed to know, which you don’t find often. Their open communication allowed us to finalize in a month what we otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do.

No, honestly, they did such a good job that I have no qualms.

Especially for people who don’t have a heavy UI/UX background, Codesmen is great about not beating around the bush. They’re a great partner and aren’t like other vendors who end up adding more confusion to the process.

Social Media Mobile App Dev for Development Firm

"By far, this collaboration was one of the best I’ve experienced."

Apr. - Aug. 2019

Codesmen provided full-stack development services, supporting the process from design to launch. Using React Native, the team helped build an Android and iPhone social media app for a third-party client.

Houston, Texas
Uzoma Uche
Project Manager, Instazoid Web Design

Receiving positive feedback during beta-testing, Codesmen helped build a user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing app efficiently. The team communicated transparently, supporting reasonable project expectations and seamless collaboration. Their technical expertise ensured a valuable engagement.

I’m the project manager at Instazoid Web Design: A digital marketing agency. We build mobile apps, websites, and everything digital for small to mid-sized local businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codesmen?

We were trying to create a social media mobile application for a client.

Codesmen helped us build a mobile app from the ground up for our client. The app brings together social media users and influencers to create a connected ecosystem. Their team was involved in the development process from concept and design to completion. They built the platform for iPhone and Android, using React Native, which allows for cross-compatibility.

Codesmen provided a UI/UX designer, full-stack developers, and React Native developers specifically. I believe we worked with at least four QA personnel as well as a project manager to oversee the project.

How did you come to work with Codesmen?

The reason I looked into hiring Codesmen was their experience in mobile software development. They were able to show us a number of different examples. Their team was easy to talk to and were knowledgeable about the level of expertise needed for our project, which led us to move forward with hiring them.

We spent a little more than $100,000 on their services.

We began the engagement at the end of April, and the project wrapped up at the end of August.

We’ve received nothing but positive feedback on the platform. During beta-testing, users have said the app is easy to use. They’ve complimented the design and the easy sign-up process. The interaction between posting on the platform and sharing on social media accounts has led users to say the app’s something they see themselves using frequently.

How did Codesmen perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Jira internally but Trello with the Codesmen team. We adopted an Agile and scrum type of methodology. By working in sprints over certain periods of time, it felt easier to deliver the product to our clients quickly. If I had to talk to the project manager or schedule meetings, they were very responsive. Their team was good at responding and keeping track of our timeline.

By far, this collaboration was one of the best I’ve experienced. Codesmen was able to back up their expertise, providing knowledge of specific technology stacks. Their team made the software development cycle easy because communication was not hindered. If there was a miscommunication, they were able to go back and correct the issue. Their team was upfront and honest about each part of the development process. They made sure the client understood what was and wasn’t possible, what was realistic and what was out of bounds.

They could be more affordable, but you pay for great work. I didn’t have any problems with the price.

In the beginning, be completely transparent to make the process easier. You can’t read each other’s minds so be as open as possible. You want a development agency that is honest about what your project is going to be able to achieve.