Software Development for Startups and Enterprises

We are a team of software engineers, developers and consultants who decided to challenge the way that most software houses work. We are passionate about our work. We believe in approaching each project as a potential game-changer and because of that, we support our clients comprehensively, going far beyond the code. Combining tech expertise with an understanding of business needs, we ensure that the products we make not only work but succeed.

Walnut, CA

Smartface

Built for classrooms, focus groups and surveys. It uses emotion recognition to perform behaviour analysis in real time. This provides deeper insights into performance and evaluation.

GigaMall App

This app features in store navigation, mall events and recent happenings. Designed using user centric approach it serves hundreds of people on daily basis.

Firefighter Simulation using NLP

A custom speech recognition platform that understands user speech and trains user based on real life scenarios to perform better as a fire fighter. It also evaluates user performance and suggests improvements.

BuzzMusik

BuzzMusik is an all in one social network that brings together artists, fans and related industry partners on one platform. The platform features music player, analytics and ecommerce.

Aletheia

An Internal Feedback and evaluation tool for businesses. Real time ratings and questionaire creating capabilities. Custom design elements made in React Native.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Car Rental Platform

"They were always on time and up for any challenging features we wanted to have in the system."

Feb. 2018 - June 2018

CodeJunkie developed cross-platform mobile and web applications for an emerging car rental platform. They also created a web portal to review data, analytics, and business performance.

Islamabad, Pakistan
Asim Mushtaq
Managing Director, Caraya

The company has not yet launched, but the products have shown promising functionality in their initial uses. CodeJunkie contributed conceptually to the project and made smart suggestions. They maintain an efficient workflow and customer service approach, highlighted by regular communication.

The company I work for is called Caraya which is a car rental service provider startup and first of its kind in the country. I am acting as the Managing Director of the company and looking after the technical aspects of the system behind our product.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeJunkie?

CodeJunkie was hired to design and develop the whole system for Caraya. They were responsible to develop the web and mobile applications for the service for cross platforms.

The goals of the project were to have a stable and scalable system for running the car rental operations across the country with our application. The goal was also to have a reliable team to handle the technical maintenance and upgrade of the whole system when required.

We float the proposals across the best development teams in the area as we wanted to have teams which were accessible in person to us and could do quality work understanding our operational and budgetary requirements. Everyone had to submit a cross proposal with suggestions, feedback timelines and costing to our team. We reviewed the proposals, met the teams and found CodeJunkie's proposal to be the most appealing one and their team to be the most energetic and willing to go beyond limits to work on this first of kind service in the country. They were professional and very enthusiastic in all interactions we had before allotting them the project.

The project is basically a car rental service application which will be used by businesses and domestic customers to book transport services. The project is yet to be launched, so full details of the project are confidential. It has cross-platform mobile applications, a web portal and a data analytics portal to review the business performance results and all are developed by CodeJunkie.

- 1 designer - 3 Developers - 1 Project Manager - CTO Working closely with the team to cater to any problems on the whole stack of work

The business is yet to be launched and the beta testing of applications is under process. We have so far found the working of the applications to be satisfactory. Once the whole testing procedures are complete and product is launched, success of the project will be determined by the excellence of operations.

The workflow was well maintained through weekly progress meetings in person and online along with a project management system. We never had much trouble figuring out what was happening in the project. The team was also in touch with our team members and me personally to make quick changes/updates to the project.

To start with, the pre-project proposals and meetings turned out to be very professional with the company and their CEO and CTO were personally present in all meetings to discuss the proposal of their workings. They were always on time and up for any challenging features we wanted to have in the system. They were also creative enough to filter out the ideas and suggest very good changes to our system and further polish our product to suit the market needs. Once the project started, we never had to run behind the development team to know the progress. We were updated about the progress continuously and they were kind enough to cater to last-minute changes.

With their potential of work, an expansion in the team could get them to be part of various other bigger projects.

Custom Software Development for Educational Platform

"For me, the most impressive thing is that they were able to grasp our requirements and ideas effectively."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

CodeJunkie developed a custom accounting and management software for an educational coaching platform. They included necessary features such as attendance tracking and salary and expense management.

Lahore, Pakistan
Nouman Afzal
Founder & Owner, Scholars Academy

The software allows for effective management of teachers, students, and their information. CodeJunkie has the necessary background and expertise to deliver quality solutions. Their team is communicative, creative and knowledgable.

I am the Founder and Owner of Scholars Academy. We provide evening coaching and tutoring to high school and college students. My role is of an administrator and manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeJunkie?

We were in the need of an accounting and management software where we could track day to day expenses, monthly salaries of tutors, and monthly fee of students. We also needed attendance and student management features in it where we could record and track the progress of students and later on share that with their parents. We hired CodeJunkie for the development of this software.

Our goals were to create an easy to use software which could fulfill our custom requirements. We wanted it to be friendly enough for our accountants and teachers to use.

We got in touch with them through a reference. I had already taken some quotations from other service providers but I was not impressed by their previous works. CodeJunkie had an impressive portfolio at hand. They were more pricey than the others but I had the budget and I wanted a quality service.

I did not provide them with any documentation or designs. In fact I don't even know how to translate my requirements into a good document. What we did was that we conducted a couple of meetings. They created some workflows and discussed them with us. Then they created some black and white designs which looked fine. After that they began with the development. They kept showing us the layouts they were working on and we gave them our feedback on them.

I'm really sure about the team composition. I think 2-3 engineers worked on our software. I mostly communicated with the point of contact.

We have been able to manage our teachers, students, and the information related to them in an efficient manner. Previously, this was being done on paper.

I'm not sure about how the project was managed internally. However, they kept a fine communication protocol with us. They kept us updated with the progress and kept taking feedback from time to time.

They work with companies from different locations in the world. I think this is why they have a strong portfolio. For me, the most impressive thing is that they were able to grasp our requirements and ideas effectively.

I can't think of any right now. They know their deal and I think they are better than a lot of other local vendors we have available.

Overall Score For me, they did 5 star work
    On time
    Worth the price
    Very good
    Very likely

Custom Software Dev for Digital Music Service

"I was impressed that the company considered all of my ideas and budget limitations and let me complete my project."

Jan. 2017 - Mar. 2018

CodeJunkie built a web-based music player and social platform for a digital music streaming service. They used existing requirements, documentation, and sketches.

Norway
Agith Lolimbawansa
Owner, Buzz Musik

The initial version of the platform is complete and has undergone user testing, leading to updates created by CodeJunkie. The team delivered high-quality development work on time. Despite an initial misunderstanding, the project ran smoothly thanks to clear communication and openness to feedback.

This is my own startup. I have been building this idea for a few years and dived into creating the website in 2017. So far I am the only founder. But I am looking to launch soon and am searching for partners/investors to take to the next level.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeJunkie?

I appointed CodeJunkie for the development of the website and to assist me with implementing my ideas. The main challenge was to create seamless music player and a social platform for artists.

The main goal of the project was to release an initial version and get validation from users and investors.

I was introduced to them by a friend who had previously used their services. I discussed my idea briefly with a few possible candidates and found the feedback from CodeJunkie to be the most professional. They grasped my concept within a short time and came back with a lot of additional possibilities.

I prepared and shared documentation of the project with them, along with sketches of how I imagined the finished interface of website to look. They understood the requirements, made some clarifications about some key aspects of the website and started delivering the milestones.

There were 2 back-end Developers and 1 front-end Developer. At times I connected directly with the Developers and other times with the Product Manager.

After the development of the project, I started getting feedback from users and I have responded by creating updates with the help of the CodeJunkie team.

In the early stages, the project was going smoothly. At a point there was a miscommunication with the Development team. But as soon as I connected with the Product Manager and discussed my concerns, the situation was dealt with professionally and efficiently and the project got back on track within a short time. I was very satisfied at how quickly they managed this and gave me confidence in proceeding with them.

I was impressed that the company considered all of my ideas and budget limitations and let me complete my project. They gave me great feedback about the cost overheads that I would be incurring in the future.

I would like to say that they could be economical. But having used them, I can definitely say that they are worth the price.

Overall Score I will be using their services again.
    On time.
    Exceptional
    Very likely

Web and App Dev for Healthcare Startup

"The most impressive thing about this company is that they provide very good suggestions..."

Jan. 2019 - Jun. 2019

CodeJunkie developed and designed a multi-module website that allows users to set doctors appointments, medicine delivery, and lab tests. They also delivered a backend system with various login types.

Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Ali Iqbal
Managing Director, MedXol

The platform is being used by doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, allowing for more data capture and lower operational costs. CodeJunkie provided top-level consulting regarding both technical and operational issues. Their efficiency was praised highly as well.

I am one of the founders of MedXol. We are a startup working in the healthcare domain. We have partnered up with hospitals, clinics, laboratories, and medicine stores to provide discounted services and products on a single online platform. We are moslty working B2B, that is we have also partnered up with organizations such as banks, telecom companies, software companies to provide discounted healthcare benefits to their employees.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeJunkie?

We had been running our business and operations by telephone so far. But as demand increased, we were in a need of an online platform and eventually a mobile app. So, we started meeting and vetting some software development companies. Our search led us to CodeJunkie.

The goals were to create a website where users could search for doctors, schedule appointments with them, and maintain their health records online. Other than that, users could also get sampling done from their homes for any laboratory tests. They could order medicine online as well.

We met one of the representatives of CodeJunkie (Tayyab) at Islamabad.AI meetup in National Incubation Center. He was delivering a talk on the impact of Artificial Intelligence. After his talk, we met him in the networking session and discussed our idea with him. He was inspired by our vision and we were able to create very good synergies with each other. They also guided us on many aspects of our business and how things could be achieved more efficiently.

The project included UI/UX design and development of the website. There were several modules of the website: doctor appointments, lab tests, nursing care, physiotherapist booking, medicine delivery. A complete management system on the backend including logins for each type of entity including admin, doctor, phlebotomist, nurse, user.

The team was composed of about five developers. We rarely communicated with the developers directly. We held weekly meetings with the project manager. They were very fast in the beginning but had to slow down because we were not able to provide them with the relevant material in time.

We have been able to get registrations from doctors, nurses, phlebotomists, and companies. This is a huge impact because now we have the data. This also minimizes our operational costs and helps us scale faster.

The project management was top notch. They were ahead of the milestones sometimes, and sometimes we were not able to match their speed because almost all of our founders have full-time engagements.

The most impressive thing about this company is that they provide very good suggestions—not only on the technical side but also on how certain operational problems can be approached. They also work very fast.

In my experience so far, they are the most effective and efficient team I have worked with. This is rare for me because my experience in the healthcare field is a bit opposite to this.

Overall Score Excellent team. Excellent work.
    They didn't give us the cheapest quote but the quality is worth the price.
    They produced better results than expected.
    We have them on a long-term engagement with us.

Platform Development for Insurance Aggregator

"Their response time regarding feedback stood out to us."

Jan. 2017 - June 2018

CodeJunkie developed an online insurance platform based on existing design materials. After building the platform, they delivered numerous features including an insurance calculator and a comparison tool.

Islamabad Capital Territory
Fahad Awan
Founder & CEO EasyInsurance, EasyInsurance

The platform has proved crucial to business processes, empowering a significant number of insurance sign-ups and comparisons. Communicative and committed to personal service, they took reported issues to heart and immediately set about fixing them. Customers can expect a transparent partner.

I’m the founder and CEO of EasyInsurance. We’re an online service that helps users find personalized insurance plans by comparing all local insurance providers.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeJunkie?

We needed a reliable team to develop and manage our website.

We set out to build an engaging online platform that could handle a significant amount of traffic during peak times. It also needed to have a smooth UX.

We received applications from several vendors, but a friend put us in touch with CodeJunkie. From our first meeting, it was clear that CodeJunkie understood our requirements and had a clear plan for developing our platform.

We’d created designs and illustration already, so we shared how we imagined the website would look and behave. They were quick to understand our expectations or ask questions if something was unclear. Feature-wise, they implemented an insurance calculator, a comparison page, and an automated user chat system.

We mostly communicated with a project manager. Though they had full-stack developers and QA testers on the team, we never had to get in touch with them directly.

We were able to launch the site time. So far, we’ve insured hundreds of lives and facilitated 10,000 insurance comparisons. The successful development of the project has been critical for our business.

They communicated well and were quick to report and rectify any issues. In weekly online meetings, they shared their progress and sometimes a demo of the work.

Their response time regarding feedback stood out to us. When we showed them our concerns, they became a top priority.

I think they did well, so I can’t think of any suggestions right now.

Custom Performance Tracking Software Dev for School System

"They are quick to deliver and respond to feedback."

Sept. 2018 - Dec. 2018

CodeJunkie provided full-stack development of performance tracking software. They integrated administrative controls and features, which allow users to oversee various processes.

Lahore, Pakistan
Waleed Ali Klair
Executive Director, The Educators Elite Campus

CodeJunkie delivered the desired product, allowing users to track employee performance metrics. The team communicated sufficiently to manage development satisfactorily.

I am an executive director, partner, and stake holder at a local school system. We are a franchise of a larger country wide education system.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeJunkie?

We hired them to create our desired employee performance tracking software. The software we wanted was just basic with simple admin controls and features.

The goals were to supervise employees. What are their check in and check out times, how long are they working on a task, are protocols being followed or not etc.

Through a reference. We did not take any quotations from other vendors.

They created the employee performance tracking software for us. They designed the interfaces and built the software.

I mostly dealt with the product manager. I do not know how many people actually worked on the project. We were told that 2-3 developers would be dispatched for our project.

We wanted some supervision over the performance of employees. We have been able to do that. There are some more modules that we want to develop in the software. They will allow us to manage some of our process more efficiently.

Since we are located in different cities so after initial meetings we communicated mostly on phone and Skype. The project management was carried out just fine.

They are quick to deliver and respond to feedback.

They are kind of perfectionists. Which becomes bothersome sometimes.