Custom Software Made Easy

We at CodeBright believe in improving the world using technology. We work with startups, small/large companies as well as non-profit organizations to bring Minimal Viable Products (MVPs) to the market, improve/streamline/automate business processes, raise efficiency/productivity, reduce costs and more.

The award winning team is capable of handling a wide variaty of complex software development projects that involve integration with other systems (CRMs, ERPs), analysis of large masses of data and use AI to solve expensive business problems.

Alexandria, VA
  • 5962 Grand Pavilion Way
    Alexandria, VA 22303

Over 80% of our business comes from existing clients who worked with us in the past. These clients belong to a variety of industries: Transportation & Logistics, Education, Healthcare, Legal Services and Travel industry to name a few.

Our clients are:

• Enterprise
  • Start ups
  • Small business
  • Non-profit organizations.

Feasibility Research and Dev for Data Analysis Platform

"Their expertise gave them the ability to propose unconventional solutions."

Apr. - May 2019

CodeBright conducted feasibility and viability studies for a data analysis platform. They built a prototype for the system and tested it using data that they gathered.

Alexandria, Virginia
Lindsey Barrus
CEO, Subtera

Delivery of the prototype has opened up the possibility of further development and increased data analysis capabilities. Due to their extensive knowledge and experience, CodeBright was able to implement creative solutions within a short timeframe. Customers can expect a seamless workflow.

I’m the CEO of Subtera LLC. We do corporate risk mitigation using data analytics.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We hired CodeBright to do a feasibility study.

We wanted them to evaluate our ability to collect and analyze specific data points. This would help us determine the viability of our business model.

We found CodeBright on Clutch. We reached out to them and a few other established companies that focus on big data, machine learning, and cloud computing.

CodeBright made the best impression out of all of the companies that we approached. They didn’t waste time in giving us an action plan for how we could finish the project and move beyond it.

The team performed extensive research to gather relevant data for the project. They built a prototype and then tested the data that we proposed. CodeBright finished the project in two months.

We communicated exclusively with the delivery manager.

The team delivered a working prototype that helped us validate the viability of our business model. We’re now able to move forward with further development and data analysis.

The workflow was very smooth. Once we got on the same page about what we were building, the team was able to complete tasks quickly. They delivered their research findings and prototype within a short timeline.

The creativity of the team was impressive. Their expertise gave them the ability to propose unconventional solutions. I was also impressed by the amount of communication.

It’s hard to say. All of our expectations were met.

Overall Score We're already starting a new project with them.
    We didn't experience any scheduling problems.
    Their prices were competitive.
    The quality was very good.
    We already have!

Custom Software Web App for Roofing Company

"We were so impressed that we’re actually thinking of adopting their best practices in our business."

July 2018 - Ongoing

Using PHP and Laravel, CodeBright developed a custom software web application that runs a roofing company's back-office, commissions, and accounting.

Chantilly, VA
Deryl Middleton
General Manager, NV Roofing

User feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Organization and efficiency were hallmarks of their work. CodeBright kept the project moving (and on budget) through constant communication, providing critical status updates throughout the engagement.

I’m a general manager of a medium-sized construction company.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We needed an external resource to develop a custom software web application to better run our business.

We wanted to replace an outdated and obsolete system.

We’d worked with CodeBright before.

CodeBright reverse engineered our old system. Using PHP and Laravel, they built a new system from the ground up to run our back-office, commissions, and accounting.

A team of 10-12 people are working full-time on this project, including a project manager, QA expert, team lead, as well as front- and backend developers.

We’ve been up and running with our new software for over two months now. We couldn’t be happier. CodeBright built it specifically for us so it fits our needs perfectly. It’s similar to our old program but it works flawlessly and is reliable. They gave us new features that we’ve wanted for the last 10 years.

The project management (e.g., scrum and sprints) was very effective. Their team is organized and motivated. We were so impressed that we’re actually thinking of adopting some of the best practices in our business.

Their workflow structure was most impressive and refreshing.

Nothing major. We've suggested they keep the sprint start and end dates public, and they’re working on implementing that policy.

Overall Score They're excellent.
    They went out of their way to meet us where we were.
    Their services are an awesome deal.
    They're the best.
    I'd absolutely recommend them.

Chatbot Development for Recruiting Company

"They never told me that something was impossible."

Feb. - Nov. 2018

CodeBright developed a bot that scans job listing sites, pre-screens candidates, and compiles lists of top candidates.

Reston, Virginia
Founder, Reston Consultants

The tool has automated over 80% of all recruitment and hiring processes.  CodeBright addressed problems promptly and enthusiastically. They continually improved their process and delivered exceptional results.

I’m the founder of an HR and recruiting consultancy.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We hired them for bot creation, training, big data (machine learning, deep learning), and some IoT work.

We wanted to save on long-term costs by automating tedious business processes.

I had worked with them previously and reached out to them when I started this business. I knew they were sharp!

This was a sizeable project! The virtual assistant they built receives a job description, visits multiple job listing sites, scans resumes, and reaches out to the most fitting candidates through email, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Then it holds pre-screening interviews with potential candidates by asking questions we write.

It can hold a few thousand conversations at the same time, which is mind-boggling! After interviewing everyone, the bot gives us its Top 5, Top 10, and Top 20 lists. Once we select the interview candidates, it contacts them for the next round of interviews.

I mostly worked with the project manager, so I'm not certain of the team composition.

The system automated over 80% of our recruitment processes.

We used Jira as a project management tool, which worked well!

They never told me that something was impossible, and they always figured it out.

They had some growing pains, but nothing major.

Overall Score It was great!
    It was smooth!
    It was well worth the price!
    I'm 100% happy with it!
    I have already!

System Development for Luggage Startup

"They were available to resolve issues quickly and avoid outages, even after production finished."

July 2017 - Ongoing

CodeBright created wireframes and prototypes, which they used to deliver a web app, mobile, and admin panel. They developed and implemented the system’s UX and UI and managed testing and app store deployment.

Micah Lewis
Founder, My Bag Check Inc.

The apps bring perpetually increasing revenue and act as a foundation for multiple advantageous partnerships. CodeBright was forthcoming with issues they encountered and offered reliable communication pathways. They demonstrated both their respect for deadlines and commitment to success.

I'm the founder and CEO of My Bag Check, Inc. We’re a technology company that provides on-demand luggage pickup, storage, and delivery.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

I was looking for someone to develop a market-ready version of my platform quickly.

I was trying to validate my startup idea and see whether there was a need for it in the market. I also wanted to build a profitable company and dominate a particular market segment.

I considered a few other software development companies, but I selected CodeBright because my point of contact saw my vision. The cost was another big factor.

CodeBright took my vision and completed all necessary requirement gathering, including wireframe and prototype generation, and produced a mobile app, a web app, and an admin panel. They created a UX/UI design and handled front- and backend development, quality assurance, and publishing the app to the App Store.

I only ever worked with a single project manager.

Soon after the initial version of the app launched and apparent bugs were resolved, revenue started to come in. We were featured in TechCrunch after a few months of steady revenue growth, and saw a tenfold increase in users, seemingly overnight. Now, my user base continues to grow and we’ve formed strategic partnerships that will help us become a leader in our segment of the transportation industry.

I always knew what was going on, milestones were completed on time, and if anything came up, the team addressed it in a timely manner. If something didn’t go according to plan, that was to communicated to me on Trello, which proved to be highly effective. I only communicate with a single project manager, who takes care of everything.

Their team made my success a priority. They were available to resolve issues quickly, even after production finished, and avoid outages.

There is almost always an appropriate level of communication, but it’s something they should continue to work on.

I never had a problem.
    It was competitive.
    They do solid work!
    I've already referred them to friends and family, and someone used to them to complete a sizable development project.

Mobile App Development for Travel Startup

"[T]heir team pulled through and kept their promises to us."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

CodeBright used existing designs and wireframes to develop a mobile app from the ground up, including an admin panel. They also handled server configuration, beta testing, and QA.

Susana Zazueta
CEO, Discoverlist, Inc.

The app is successfully launched in the App Store and garners positive feedback from users, all thanks to CodeBright’s involvement and commitment to quality. The work was streamlined thanks to their single point of contact and the discovery process at the beginning of the collaboration.

I'm the CEO and a co-founder of Discoverlist, an IT startup based in New York City. Our current product is an awesome mobile app that allows users to share travel tips with friends.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We wanted to launch our startup at a reasonable price and timeframe and turn our dream into reality.

We had some phone calls and then met once. We knew that CodeBright was the company that would help us bring our idea to life and make it successful.

We had designs and wireframes before we approached CodeBright. They took that and turned our vision into reality by developing a mobile app from scratch, which includes an admin dashboard. Their work included backend and frontend development, server and admin console setup, app publishing, and more. They also provided a QA period, which we really appreciated. Furthermore, they helped us do two rounds of beta testing before we launched to the App Store. It was not a small project!

We always had a direct point of contact. Besides the project manager, there were two developers assigned to both the frontend and backend, plus the QA specialist.

Our main goal for this stage has been achieved. We now have a real product that our clients can use, and they love it!

We had a single point of contact—our project manager— and we communicated mostly via email or text. Trello is a game changer for tracking progress, opening new tickets for bug fix requests, etc.

The discovery process before we started the actual development was extremely helpful, especially since this was our first software development project and we had a lot of questions. The project manager guided us through the process, taking the time to understand exactly what we were building and giving us valuable suggestions. We also appreciated that even though we had many roadblocks during the process, their team pulled through and kept their promises to us. They are hard workers with an impressive work ethic.

Completing the work before the deadline is something CodeBright should continue to work on.

Overall Score Overall, CodeBright was amazing. I’m very pleased with their work and the product they’ve delivered.
    They’re very flexible!
    We got a great deal.
    They delivered great quality! I have no complaints at all.
    I’ll likely recommend them!

Web Dev for Debt Collection Agency

"They deliver what they promise—always on time and within our budget."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

After a discovery phase and creating wireframes, CodeBright developed an automatic debt-collection software. Now, they oversee any post-production errors and maintenance.

New York Metro Area
Agent, Debt Collection Firm

The web app BrightCode created significantly increases productivity and efficiency. The team's ability to quickly learn complex debt-collection systems is impressive. They're innovative, consistently improving their technological solutions to simplify dense processes.

I'm the general manager of a debt collection firm based in NYC.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We hired CodeBright to design a custom web-based software.

We wanted our process to become more effective/efficient, reduce costs and manual work, and increase volume and profitability.

We talked with a few vendors before hiring CodeBright. The representative from CodeBright actually came to our office in NYC and spent the time to learn exactly what we needed. They made great suggestions, and we were confident that they could deliver.

They conducted an extensive discovery phase to understand our requirements before starting the actual development. Their team developed blueprint/scope of work documents, flowcharts, and wireframes. After we approved of their plans, they designed, developed, ensured quality assurance, and helped launch the software. Currently, they oversee any post-production errors and maintenance.

Their project manager is my single point of contact. I know they have 4–5 developers working on our project.

We've been using the web app for our practice for over six months now. It has helped to make the complicated debt collection process a lot easier. Now, everyone on the team stays updated the status of each case and what the next steps are. The app also makes paperwork a breeze. Instead of printing out numerous forms and filling them out by hand, the app prints the form from a template and fills in all the necessary fields required by the case file. Due to the increased productivity/efficiency/automation, we can position ourselves to significantly increase the volume of cases we can work on—expanding the business. We're extremely happy with their work thus far.

We use Trello to track progress and report bugs/corrections. We communicate a lot with their project manager via instant chat, phone calls, and Zoom screen sharing meetings. They always keep us in the loop to what's going on. They deliver what they promise—always on time and within our budget.

The team's ability to quickly learn our business/industry impresses us. After a few weeks, they had a pretty decent understanding of how the debt collection process works. They were almost able to speak our language. The team always recommend great suggestions and come up with different ways to improve/automate/simplify the complex debt collection process using technology.

Overall Score They provide a 5 out of 5 service.
    Their scheduling is good.
    They provide good value.
    We're pleased with their quality.
    I am highly likely to recommend them to someone.

Ongoing Web App Dev for Genetic Sequencing Firm

"We’ve made good progress in visualizing test results, making them easier for customers to understand."

June 2018 - Ongoing

CodeBright provides ongoing development of a data visualization web app. Working in Python and Django, they’re helping to package overwhelming amounts of data in an understandable format.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Leon Kull
CTO, Full Genomes

Striving for continuous improvement, CodeBright has steadily been delivering increased usability. They’re committed to learning about their clients’ industries and maintaining clear communication channels.

I’m the CTO and co-founder of Full Genomes. We offer next-generation sequencing technology direct to the consumer market.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We’ve hired CodeBright to bring our Python/Django web application to the next level.

We set out to make our product more competitive.

They had a good reputation and were knowledgeable about the technology we use.

They’ve developed (and continue to develop) our test results visualization module, which presents large amounts of raw data in an easy to understand way. This is a critical component of our ability to compete with other companies in the space.

I work directly with the project manager and team lead.

We use Kanban boards and phone calls.

Their persistence stands out. Even though they haven’t worked in the DNA genealogy research field before, they’ve been working hard to bridge the gap.

No, because they’re getting better and better at understanding what we want from them.

It hasn’t been a problem.
    It's very good.
    It's good.
    I'm happy to recommend them.

Web Redesign and Maintenance for Counseling Center

“Their ability to get things done is impressive.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

CodeBright delivered a site redesign and performs continuous technical support. Additionally, they provide marketing outreach in an ongoing engagement.

McLean, Virginia
Kevin Ogle
Pastoral Counselor, Center for Pastoral Counseling of Virginia

After the site redesign and technical maintenance CodeBright provided, the site saw a significant increase in traffic over the course of the engagement. They have displayed a consistent ability to get tasks done in a timely manner.

I was the chair of the board at Center for Pastoral Counseling of Virginia. Now, I serve as a Pastoral Counselor with them.

For what projects/services did your company hire CodeBright?

We needed a site redesign and ongoing technical support.

We wanted to establish our online presence and make our services more visible and accessible to people who need them.

We interviewed a few vendors but we ultimately chose CodeBright.

CodeBright began with the complete website redesign. The team provides ongoing technical support and the founder has begun helping with outreach activities for our company.

We always work directly with the founder, Andrey.

Our site traffic has multiplied four times in the last two and a half years.

We usually communicate over email. If we need something done, we can send it over email and it gets done in a reasonable amount of time.

Their ability to get things done is impressive.

It’s hard to say if there is anywhere they could improve right now.

They were great with the scheduling.
    They offer the market rate.
    Good quality.
    I'd be happy to refer them.