We get your product delivered.

Code District is a leading-edge provider of custom web and mobile application development services.

We provide full-cycle services in the areas of SaaS-based product development, content management solutions, web portals, e-commerce, web-based enterprise solutions and mobile applications.

We have created amazing web and mobile apps for several top brands across the world.

Lahore, Pakistan
  • Lahore 53720
    Pakistan
  • United States

CarsIRent (revamped entire web solution), Market Tech (London based stock exchange listed company), FCP Euro (online eCommerce store), eVisit (225k+ downloads, secured over $2M in funding), Omaha Airport App, Ginza Metrics, IGT, Barclays, Intelligence Bank

Plug-in Development for SaaS Product

“Code District was able to focus on the project and deliver what our own team wasn’t able to do.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

Code District built an Outlook plug-in, giving end users quick access to product tools and data. They’re currently working on the mobile apps, developing both an iOS and Android version. They also do QA.

CEO, SaaS Product

Unlike other firms, Code District does high-quality work at a good price. They’re always positive and work well with the internal team, solving problems and adjusted to project changes.

I’m the CEO of a SaaS product that provides ERP for project-based companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Code District?

Our first project was to write a plug-in for Outlook. We wanted a panel that would surface information about our platform directly in Outlook. We also needed Code District to rewrite our mobile app, so it worked for both iOS and Android.

We wrote the functionality for the API to surface the information in Outlook, and Code District figured out how to get it to appear in the program. The panel provides access to our app, letting the user interact with our data, functionality, and tools. They finished the Outlook plug-in and are currently working on the app.

For the app, we did the concept design and requirements, and Code District turned it into a functioning app. It connects with our API to pass information back and forth. They built different versions for both iOS and Android, and they also do QA.

We have a project manager, four developers, some React specialists, and a QA analyst.

We’ve spent around $35,000.

We partnered in July 2018, and the work is ongoing.

Our internal development had been meaning to work on the mobile app, but it kept getting delayed because of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities. Code District was able to focus on the project and deliver what our own team wasn’t able to do.

How did Code District perform from a project management standpoint?

We hadn’t worked with an external team before, but the partnership’s been great. We have a great relationship, communicating and collaborating well together. They adapt to our change requests, and we hold weekly meetings to review progress. We communicate via Slack and use Jira to manage the project.

They’re always positive, even if we have a big problem or concern. They integrate well with our team, so we’ll continue to work with them.

The code branches got a bit complex, so we’re working on making them more simplified for the next project. It’ll make it easier to test things more quickly.

Consider Code District to be part of your team and have them communicate directly with your internal staff.

They’re not the cheapest, but they treat their employees well and are less expensive than onshore agencies.
    If the project fits, I'd definitely recommend them.

Platform Development for Digital Health Company

“They care about our product, suggesting improvements instead of just finishing the job as quickly as possible.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Code District built numerous prototypes, such as patient-facing portals and internal operations systems. They’ve integrated features such as a patient dashboard, compliance messaging, and Google Cloud hosting.

CTO, Health Technology Company

Code District communicates well and strikes a good balance between project length and quality. Their platform has significantly reduced the time it takes to perform administrative functions, and it hasn’t had any major issues. The team could provide more documentation, but they still do great work.

I’m the CTO and co-founder of a business that’s building a network of preventative cardiology practices and software to support them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Code District?

We initially needed help developing prototypes for the software that supports our internal operations and patient-facing marketing side. The project evolved into production-level work for live patient development.

Code District works on a fairly comprehensive project. They’ve taken on everything from server management deployment to frontend web dev and backend service creation. They also integrated the platform with our APIs. We have some legacy code that they’ve also improved, too. We provided the design, workflows, and general idea, and they executed on what we outlined. The software includes numerous features, such as a risk assessment function, patient dashboard, HIPPA compliance messaging, and case and task management systems. They use Ruby on Rails, React.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Google Cloud for hosting.

We work with two developers and a technical architect.

How did you come to work with Code District?

We interviewed about 20 firms. Code District offered a free trail for 40 hours of work, and their code was great, so I hired them.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$200,000.

We partnered in April 2018, and the work is ongoing.

The platform reduces the amount of time it takes our admin staff to enter patient information. Before, it took around 30 minutes, but now it only takes about two. We haven’t had any downtime or major issues with the product, and Code District quickly resolves any small problems.

How did Code District perform from a project management standpoint?

At first, communication was difficult because it all went through the project manager who was a bit removed from the process. But as time’s gone on, we interact directly with the developers now, which has made things much better. We use Zoom for video meetings and Slack to track progress.

They did a large amount of work in a short period of time and are extremely professional. They care about our product, suggesting improvements instead of just finishing the job as quickly as possible.

Swapping resources should take less time, and they should provide more documentation to facilitate smoother transitions.

Interview the engineers you’ll be working with and take advantage of any trial period they offer. Negotiate a good price, too.

Custom Dev for Survey Software Company

"Code District behaved in a manner which elevated my expectations on how a development company should perform."

Feb. - Nov. 2016

Code District built .NET framework software that enables firms to create surveys without coding, along with an email system that tracks results. They also built an iOS and Android mobile app on native software.

Washington, D.C.
Founder, Software Company

As a result of Code District’s high-quality code, almost $500,000 in revenue was generated within two and a half months. They will likely be contracted for future projects because their team is not only extremely dedicated but also highly educated in their field, resulting in optimized solutions.

I’m the founder and majority owner of an enterprise feedback management firm. We primarily assist large companies in collecting feedback from their customers, employees, and partners.

What challenge were you trying to address with Code District?

I was looking to create an enterprise feedback management application system that, unlike other survey software on the market, allowed companies to create surveys without coding knowledge. I also wanted a system that would store collected data so those being surveyed wouldn’t have to answer the same questions more than once.

Code District’s team came to my office to speak with me and other executives to assess exactly what my team wanted. After the assessment, they gave us a functional specification document along with an API that detailed my team’s expectations and the ideas they built around them.

They then developed a survey software on a .NET framework with a rich text editor that allowed companies to build a survey without coding. The system also had brand logic, meaning if a surveyee identified themselves as male, they wouldn’t be asked whether they’re pregnant.

Code District also built an email system that allowed me to send out automated reminders. For example, if a survey goes out 100,000 people and 50,000 of those people don’t respond within two weeks, an automatic email reminder will be sent out to those people. The email system will also automatically notify my company’s project or case managers if a surveyee gives a low rating for a particular question, so we’re able to reach out to that person and address the issue.

Along with the survey software, Code District also built us an Android and iOS mobile app on native software.

We worked primarily with Ashar Samdani [CEO and Founder, Code District], as well as a project manager. We also worked with five developers.

How did you come to work with Code District?

While visiting Pakistan, I attended an entrepreneurial conference that Ashar was chairing as well as speaking at. Someone there introduced us, and we began discussing our work. I spoke with some of his other clients and met with a few when I came back to the U.S. They all raved about him, so I decided to partner with him out of the seven other companies I interviewed for the project.

We’ve invested close to $150,000 with them. I anticipate investing an additional $250,000 in the next 12 to 18 months with them.

We began working with them in February 2016 and finished up our work in November 2016.

In about two and a half months, we’ve generated almost $500,000 in business revenue based on the features they developed.

Before pushing the software live, we had two separate firms verify that the code is reusable for different development team should I decide to bring the technology in-house. Those firms concluded that a recent college graduate could look at the coding and the notes Code District left as they were writing it, and reuse it fairly easily.

How did Code District perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m very happy with their work from a project management standpoint. We did the project in bi-weekly sprints. I received a weekly and monthly call updating me on their progress. I also met with Ashar face-to-face to discuss the project’s progress every quarter.

They used Jira to keep track of their progress.

Their staff is extremely impressive. Not only are they highly educated in their field, but they have great interpersonal skills. Despite his high position in the company, Ashar was on each and every single phone call I was on. His dedication to my project reflected on his team, who worked tirelessly to produce high-quality deliverables. I’ve done approximately 12 development projects in the past, and Code District’s team has done the best work for me. I’ll continue using them for that reason.

No; out of the other companies I’ve partnered with in the past, Code District behaved in a manner which elevated my expectations on how a development company should perform.

One of the reasons I think my project with Code District was so successful is because I invited them to discuss my business challenge and listen to my vision for a solution before development. They created a working prototype that I could agree on before taking the project through development. I would suggest any company looking to do development work assess and document their requirements and expectations before starting building anything out.

Overall Score I truly appreciate the involvement of senior staff and the interpersonal skills of their team.
    They met all of my deadlines.
    They provided high-quality work at a price much more reasonable than other companies’.
    Their code quality passed all tests I ran.
    This is the best firm I’ve worked within the last 10 years.

Updating & Optimizing Code for Healthcare Mobile App

"Quote."

June 2018 - Jan. 2019

Code District updated the code for an existing mobile app product and enhanced its functionality.

New York City, New York
CEO, Healthcare Mobile App Company

The product works as expected and is ready to launch to market. Code District worked effectively and communicated as needed.

I'm the founder and CEO of a healthcare app that connects users with physical therapists. Our focus is on hospitality.

For what projects/services did your company hire Code District?

We approached them to update and enhance our app’s front- and backend.

Our objective was to stabilize our existing product and maximize its performance.

I chose them after an interview.

They updated our mobile app’s code and functionality so that we could launch it into market.

They assigned a lead developer and multiple engineers.

The product works great.

The workflow was very effective.

I appreciated their communication.

No, not at this time.