iOS, Android, mobile app, app developer

Having started our work in 2014, we found our way working as vendor (sub-vendor) for a number of companies and startups from USA, Canada and Western Europe. Our key competence is a native iOS and Android development.

Boston, MA
  • 101 Arch Street, Suite 1950
    Boston, MA 02110
  • Belarus

iOS Mockup for farmAR

"The end product is even better than expected."

Dec. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Codabrasoft LLC successfully developed the first location-based augmented reality iOS app of our company.

The Netherlands
Beril Sirmacek
CTO, farmAR

Codabrasoft LLC clearly understood the project’s requirements, satisfied an extensive feature list, and delivered the app ahead of schedule. Responsive and supportive, the team scaled up as necessary on short notice and suggested innovative solutions to improve the initial design.

I am the CTO of farmAR. I am responsible for technical development.

For what projects/services did your company hire Codabrasoft LLC?

We do not have any iOS development experience and we needed an initial iOS mockup app on a short timeline. Codabrasoft has good augmented reality (AR) experience and they quickly understood the project's needs.

Our goal was to have an app available for user testing. We wanted to gather feedback for our way forward on the product. After some small adjustments later on, this will be the commercial app for the business.

The project manager immediately sent us one of their sample AR applications, which looked to satisfy the most significant requirements for our own app. That quickly convinced us that they had the right skills. We have continued customizing the app for our user story.

farmAR provides satellite-derived data to smartphones using augmented reality.

The team scaled up when we needed urgent support to overcome some challenges. They were always very helpful and eager to do their best, so we were able to resolve issues.

They completed our entire feature list, as well as some creative and innovative improvements they had suggested to our initial drawings.

How effective was the project management?

Their agile working method is clean and transparent.

They worked over the Christmas holiday time to complete the development ahead of schedule, and the end product is even better expected.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

I cannot recommend any further improvements. They are a supportive team.

Overall Score It has been an excellent work experience.
    They worked even more quickly than we expected.
    Their costs were very low for such a good service.
    They delivered excellent development work.
    I would definitely recommend them.

App Development for Sports Safety Platform

"Each time they send me a build, what they send actually works."

Mar. - July 2017

Codabrasoft built an Android and iOS app that integrated with sports league databases and stored players' medical information. They also provided strategic consultation and marketing services.

Dallas, Texas
Steven Horowitz
Founder, TeamSafe

Testers responded positively to the app's user-friendly layout and fluid performance. Codabrasoft impressed with their resposive communication, organized management, and straightforward pricing. Their products functioned perfectly and their suggestions saved money.

I am the founder and CEO of TeamSafe, a sport safety platform that includes an app and an online course.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codabrasoft?

The biggest challenge was that five prior developers didn’t deliver. They failed miserably and cost me tremendous amounts of money and time. I needed someone to do what they were supposed to do.

It’s a pretty involved, but very needed, app. A coach has his roster on his phone on the sidelines. He has all his kids, a picture, their name, and a medical alert if the parents filled out any information, for example if the child needs an EpiPen or an asthma inhaler.

He could then tap on the child’s name to get their emergency contact information. The app has everything: their emergency contact, emergency medical information, emergency action plan, who runs on the field, who meets the ambulance, and then a whole concussion protocol.

The app is now live; it’s called TeamSafe. It’s on the App Store and Google Play. It’s a free download, but it doesn’t have much usability on its own, because it’s designed to be used when a league gives us a database and we upload all of the first names, last names of parent and child, and then parents enter information. You can download it and go through a few screens for free.

Codabrasoft was able to put things together and teach me more about how apps work, because it’s a new world for me. It was supposed to be built for both iOS and Android, and I found out that the façade that was built by the prior developers was only for iOS, and there was nothing for Android.

Codabrasoft also contributed development strategy, saving me a lot of money. For instance, they suggested testing certain features via web tools, in order to gain user feedback, before investing in developing it as a feature that users might not need. They really explained to me what’s been done and what’s possible, and that some things can wait.

They are also helping me market it via an email campaign through different sports leagues and clubs, which is starting to pay off.

The three people that I’ve had direct contact with via phone were Yury [Zhalnerkevich, Founder, Codabrasoft], Helen [Chaika, Business Development Manager, Codabrasoft] and Egor [Stepanichtchev, Project Manager, Codabrasoft]. Egor was the project manager and Helen handled more on the marketing side. They’ve been great. Yury has brought on the necessary iOS and Android developers because we went full bore in the beginning. He brought on a bunch of people just to get the project to where it was a usable app. We were up to five or six developers at one point.

How did you come to work with Codabrasoft?

I had made significant promises to possible customers on the delivery of our platform. When that went unexpectedly south at the last minute, the prior developers refused to give me my code even though I paid them in full ahead of time. They were holding my code captive. I was in panic mode trying to get the code as well as find another developer.

When I finally got the code, I couldn’t even open the file. So I needed somebody to be nice enough to save me and corroborate if there was anything valuable in it.

I believe it was through Angel.co that Codabrasoft reached out to me. They did a tremendous review of what I actually had, all on their own time and money. It ended up not being a whole lot.

I explain it like a movie set. There were all the façades, but there was nothing behind it. Codabrasoft was one of the few companies that was kind enough to go ahead and do that for me. That takes time, and they gave me a really full picture. They were very organized in their process of telling me what I have, what I need, and how they recommend going about solving the problems. They also listened to me and what my needs were in order to make a timeline. It was pretty involved because the prior developers cost me several relationships.

$20,000-$25,000. It’s a small fraction compared to my previous developers.

We started working together in March 2017 until July 2017.

Each time they send me a build, what they send actually works. That had never happened before with any other developers I used. They’ve been super responsive with tweaking it and fixing it. My testers have been really happy with what they’ve seen. It’s very intuitive and easy to use.

How did Codabrasoft perform from a project management standpoint?

That’s been a huge plus. With all of the other developers, there were very limited time slots to speak with a project manager per week, and I’d have to make an appointment. I needed someone who was super responsive. I talk to Codabrasoft every single day. If they don’t pick up, they immediately get back to me. They are a joy. It’s so much different.

They are super organized. The tool we used is almost broken down like an attorney tool, with the number of hours, what’s being done for the project, and the number of developers being used. I have a very realistic understanding of what I just spent and what each thing is going to cost me in the future. For a startup, that is invaluable.

They should have contacted me two years ago. I don’t know enough about developing to say something like, “You could have done this faster.” They’re super responsive and anything that hasn’t worked, they’ve explained why. If it’s their fault, they accept responsibility and fix it right away within hours.

Overall Score It’s been a real pleasure. I wish all these 5’s could come with the other companies’ names to let people know to run.
    If I could give them a 6, I would. It’s just different from the other developers.

iOS Development for Biometrics Company

"I like that Yuri (Codabrasoft CEO) understands your project and wants it to be a success."

2016 - Ongoing

Codabrasoft developed a mobile application for a biometrics company that used facial recognition software to help emergency responders. The application is still in the development stage.

Daniel Huff
Founder, ER Biometrics

The client has been thrilled with the development so far, which includes positive feedback from users of a demo version. Codrabrasoft always asks the right questions and are available around the clock to fix any issues that arose.

I’m a co-founder of ER Biometrics, a medical app company. We provide critical information to hospitals and patients in a timely way.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codabrasoft?

I had the concept for an app with facial recognition to provide timely information to first responders. It needed to be designed and developed from end to end.

We gave them the concept, the background, and some colors, but they provided the artistic and graphic services. They did an InVision version of it, which is kind of a mock-up, then they developed a prototype that included the backend. They also did some work on facial recognition technology, which was very helpful to us. They were able to marry the artistic and graphic piece with the technical side, integrating the facial recognition in a way that works very well. We had the app developed for iOS only.

How did you come to work with Codabrasoft?

I have another venture that I work on concurrently in the gaming industry. I had a glitch in the app for the gaming industry and our developers couldn’t fix it, so I decided to find some freelancers. A friend of mine referred me to a freelancer website. Once I spoke to Yuri, I immediately thought he was the guy to get the job done, and he did. He fixed it when no one else could, which I thought was very impressive.

How much have you invested with Codabrasoft?

He’s very reasonable and very honest. He gives you a conservative estimate and sticks to it. When things run over schedule, he doesn’t charge extra.

We started about eight months ago, and the development is still ongoing.

Yuri is very responsive. We laid out some basic design, got his first round, and made edits. The process was collaborative, and we’re very happy with the results. I showed the app as a demo to a potential partner, and he said it was amazing. I think they did a really good job.

How did Codabrasoft perform from a project management standpoint?

He was very sensitive to our deadlines. We didn’t have any problems. When we told him we had a deadline, he delivered. Yuri is responsive and available 24/7.

What did you find most impressive about Codabrasoft?

I like that Yuri understands your project and wants it to be a success. He’ll give you suggestions, both for broader concepts and when you have technical challenges. He’s very good across the board.

Are there any areas Codabrasoft could improve?

I think there was one team member who was hard to contact, but it was never a problem. So, maybe the only thing would be to make sure his team is more responsive, but I’m reaching to find a problem. It was not an issue.

Overall Score He’s really good.

Mobile App Development for Automotive Auction Company

"They took everything I needed into consideration and developed something that exceeded my expectations."

Apr. 2016 - May 2016

Codabrasoft developed a mobile application for an automotive auction company that allows users to look up car auction fees. The client wanted the app to help save time and create leads for his business.

Chris Laing
Founder, Flipping Cars Ltd.

The app generates roughly 750 installs a month, which has contributed to the client's revenue doubling in the past year. They were able to quickly understand a very specialized business and creative a relevant application that has streamlined their day to day processes.

I'm the CEO of Flipping Cars Ltd., a United Kingdom company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codabrasoft?

I contacted Codabrasoft to ask them to build an app that would save me time while still generating leads for my business because I was spending much of my time answering emails and doing the research that was necessary to answer emails. I used to get 10 to 20 emails a day from people asking me what the car auction fees were because the auctions in the U.K. don't publish that information. There was no resource for the private buyer to find out what the cost would be if they were to buy a car direct from the auction.

We outsourced everything to Codabrasoft. I wanted the app to be free for customers and to provide them with a premium service while generating business leads for me. The app is available for Android and iOS and includes an iPad version. Codabrasoft didn't do any marketing strategy for the app. I have a fairly popular blog and quite a big profile in the U.K., so I didn't really need additional marketing.

How did you come to work with Codabrasoft?

Codabrasoft was referred to me through my web developer, who's based in Lithuania. I asked him about an app, and he put me in touch with Codabrasoft. I didn't look at other companies because I prefer referrals, and I rely on referrals in my own work.

How much have you invested with Codabrasoft?

I think the app cost me around £5,000 [approximately $6,243] to have built.

Our app has probably been live for about a year now. I think Codabrasoft started working on it in April 2016, and I think it took them about 6 to 8 weeks to complete.

The app that Codabrasoft built is a very niche app and the only one of its kind in the U.K. It helps with conversions, and it has reduced the number of emails I get quite dramatically. Nowadays, if I get an email that relates to cost, I always send the emailer a link to the app. It's getting downloaded quite frequently – about 750 installs a month – which is pretty good for such a niche business. My business is growing pretty rapidly, too, and the app has helped with that. In year one, we were a £1 million [approximately $1.25 million] turnover business, but we've grown to £3 million [approximately $3.75 million], and we'll probably push for £6 million [approximately $7.5 million] next year.

How did Codabrasoft perform from a project management standpoint?

I'm not sure how many developers worked on the app at any one time, but it was done pretty quickly. I expected it to take much longer. They understood the concept of the project, so it was nice to be able to hand the whole thing to them. They sort of jumped at it and delivered what I wanted.

What did you find most impressive about Codabrasoft?

I think they understood what my customers and I needed more than anything. Because they don't work in this industry, it could have been difficult for them to understand exactly what I wanted them to do, but they were able to grasp what I wanted over an email message. They took everything I needed into consideration and developed something that exceeded my expectations, to be honest. I didn't think it would come out this good.

Are there any areas Codabrasoft could improve?

It's quite difficult to say anything negative about Codabrasoft because the app they built is so popular and beneficial to me as a business.

Overall Score They did a good, all-around job for me.
    They delivered on time.
    I'm quite comfortable with what I paid for the app.
    I can't fault them. They did a fantastic job.
    I'd always refer them.