We Turn Advertising Into Revenue.

Cocan Media is a non-traditional agency that believes in partnering with businesses not just rendering services. We help stimulate growth through direct response advertising strategies that yield high ROAS vs. your traditional methods. To some, we’re known as their “agency on record”… but to the rest, we’re the secret sauce that makes stuff happen.

We’ve worked with start-ups, large B2B companies and everything in between. Over the last few years we’ve grown to really enjoy working with eCommerce businesses & B2B Companies. We believe these businesses are under-served when it comes to marketing/advertising, and frankly we’re tired of all the large marketing agencies offering “cookie cutter” solutions that don’t work.

We take a holistic marketing approach and implement frameworks that drive results and that are tailored to each business’ needs. The reason we’re able to get such great results for our clients is because we only work with a small handful of them at a time. Growing a companies revenue is our #1 objective and if we can’t do that, we don’t deserve their business. But not every business is ready to work with us, for the ones that are… we get results. Are you ready?

2018
Franklin, TN
  • 1550 W McEwen Dr, Suite 300
    Franklin, TN 37067
  • United States

Digital Marketing Strategy for Business Dev Company

"We not only accomplished this but I'm confident we will take the company to a much higher level."

July 2019 - Ongoing

Cocan Media provided email marketing services, along with Facebook strategy and website consulting.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Irene Gianos
CEO, Honestly Margo

After implementing the vendor's suggestions, stakeholders have seen a significant increase in sales from their advertisements. An adaptable team, Cocan Media is invested in finding the most efficient way to communicate. The group offers expert problem solving abilities.

I am the CEO of Honestly Margo. I run business development and marketing and seek opportunities for business growth through strategic partnerships.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cocan Media?

Honestly Margo hired Cocan Media to work on email marketing and Facebook strategy. We needed someone to do email campaigns, specifically for targeted periods.

Our goals were very simple. Traction and conversion. We wanted to see email campaigns and Facebook ads get the attention of our followers/subscribers. Then from that we needed to see conversion of that interest into sales.

We were referred to Cocan Media from another company. After talking with Michael, we knew we were a fit for him and he was excited to take a smaller company like ours to the next level.

Michael did extensive work on the back end to analyze what our problem was and how to fix it. He did just that. His suggestion to reverting back to a shopify site did it, and then as we progressed along, he was able to identify little things to tweak along the way. Once done, we were able to see excellent numbers converting our ads to sales.

The team was comprised of myself, a little bit of Margo, my business partner and Co-CEO, and Michael.

Our numbers in sales are now growing exponentially daily. I'm very pleased with the job Michael has done. We not only accomplished this but I'm confident we will take the company to a much higher level.

Our workflow was modified along the way and we found better ways to communicate. We became much more effective and efficient and were able to share our thoughts and ideas in a fruitful way.

Michael knows his stuff. He's a marketing genius and he can analyze the back and and can pin point exactly what the problem is and how it needs to be fixed.

Nope. I'm very pleased with the work Cocan Media has done for Honestly Margo.

Facebook & Digital Strategy Consulting for Coffee Startup

"The knowledge Michael has absorbed over the past 10–15 years is incredibly impressive."

Aug. - Oct. 2019

Cocan Media consulted on a coffee startup's digital strategy, breaking down consumer behavior data to inform their decisions. They focused on targeting audiences through ads on Facebook and Google.

Florence, Alabama
Blair Roberts
Communications Director, Startup Coffee Company

Armed with consumer data, the internal team is now better equipped to develop their ad marketing strategies. They plan to follow through with Cocan Media's suggestions on email marketing and web design.

I am the Communications Director for a startup coffee company focused on providing employment and educational opportunities for its local community.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cocan Media?

We were looking to dig deeper into our ability to advertise on Facebook and Google. The consumer behavior data was the biggest chunk that was missing in our strategy.

Learn about our audience and how to target them effectively.

Michael immediately came to mind during a team brainstorm session. We were discussing the sales we needed, but the lack of know-how to get there solely on digital ads.

Michael led the way for my team to customize ads and fine tune them according to engagement and purchases. We learned what our audience responded to best whether it be free samples, discounts, or full-price items.

I worked directly with Michael alongside my Shopify wizard, Charlie. Our CEO oversaw strategy and dictated budget overall.

Not only did we achieve the data goal, but we also learned what was working best. Moving forward we will be much more confident using the tactics and systems Michael integrated into our digital process such as email marketing and web design.

I was impressed with how simple conversation flow was between Michael, Charlie, and myself. It's always joy to have someone on your team that speaks the same "digital strategy" language.

The knowledge Michael has absorbed over the past 10–15 years is incredibly impressive. He can guide you to the best solution depending on your business or your goals.

I firmly believe quality is more important than speed. Living in 2019, of course, the topic came up a few times. Data takes time, and so does fine-tuning any effective marketing strategy.

He always made himself available according to our schedules.
    Fair and worthy.
    Excellent.
    Yes. Without any hesitation.

Social Media Marketing for Insole Producer

“We’re excited about the ability to continue our ad expansion off the base we have now.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Cocan Media operates comprehensive advertising efforts for an insole-focused e-commerce platform. Their work focuses on ad spend optimization, expansion, and content creation to facilitate faster scaling.

Boston, Massachusetts
Robert Kazarian
Board of Advisors, ShoeCue.com

The work performed by Cocan Media fulfilled and exceeded project requirements at every stage of the process, allowing for effective growth of ad spend while increasing return on that spend at the same time. Their team consistently impressed with the creativity and effectiveness of their ideas.

My organization does market research and strategy work for various companies, and I’m on the board of advisors for ShoeCue.com, which is an e-commerce platform for shoe insoles.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cocan Media?

The number one challenge we were facing was scaling our advertising spend. We were doing okay but had pretty much maxed out our internal capabilities in that regard. We needed to find someone with deeper expertise to take over our marketing department.

About 80% of our marketing was on Facebook, so we were really looking for someone that had a deep level of expertise there to help us optimize that spend. In his interview, he presented us with a lot of creative ideas for expanding our advertising to Google and Amazon, and we have started to do that more recently.

He does both ad targeting and content creation for us, as well as a lot of optimization. He ran a significant number of tests to find out what really worked before implementing. There are other aspects to the work as well, like creative ideation, checkout streamlining, and more miscellaneous things of that nature.

We only interface with their head directly. I do know he has some support from his team, as well as from relationships with different people in influence marketing and social media, and those connections are helpful to us as well.

How did you come to work with Cocan Media?

They were recommended to us by one of our partner organizations, so we interviewed him in February and were very impressed with his story and his ideas for what he would be able to do for us.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000 so far and are planning to increase our ad spending somewhat significantly going forward.

We started in February 2019 and our partnership is ongoing.

We were originally getting about a 1.3–1.4 return on our advertising spend, which was fine but was extremely difficult for us to maintain while scaling our efforts. In some combination of optimization and creative ideas he has been able to increase our total spending threefold, and simultaneously increase our return on that spending which is exactly what we were looking to do. We have been really impressed by his ability to make that happen. We’re excited about the ability to continue our ad expansion off the base we have now.

How did Cocan Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Every Monday we get a status report in the form of a video that explains to us what’s working, what’s not, and what changes need to be made. I like the way he works because we both have high expectations when it comes to communication. We talk a lot through email, and he uses Slack to keep the project management organized.

I think we’ve most appreciate how creative they are with their techniques for optimization. You get a sense of how important it is to make every side of the advertising to come together in order to really achieve results.

No, I don’t have any strong feelings on things they could have done differently.

Social Media Marketing for Digital Marketing Agency

"Cocan Media is a special company. I will definitely work with them again in the future."

Oct. - Dec. 2018

Cocan Media provided social media marketing for a digital marketing agency, focusing their efforts on Facebook Ads campaigns.

Dan Waldrop
Owner, Drop Ad Agency

The number of leads generated improved dramatically since the engagement began. Cocan Media’s understanding of marketing technologies helped them offer useful tactical advice that was subsequently implemented. Their quality deliverables set them up for potential future engagement.

I’m the owner of a digital marketing agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cocan Media?

I needed to scale all my projects.

I wanted to increase revenue from Facebook Ads traffic for my clients.

They were recommended to me by numerous friends.

Cocan Media helped me grow and scale my client's e-commerce stores. They showed me Facebook Ads strategies that I'd never seen or heard of. They went through each of our client's Facebook Ads accounts to help me get a deeper understanding of what was needed.

I worked directly with Michael (Founder, Cocan Media).

My understanding of Facebook Ads grew significantly because of my work with Cocan Media. Michael helped me to consistently grow my clients’ businesses. For example, I grew from 30 leads a day for one of my clients to 148. That was a direct result of his suggested tweaks to lead generation strategies and copywriting changes. My Facebook Ads skills grew faster in the months I worked with Michael than from any other method I've tried.

Michael was available for me to contact him anytime. I enjoyed my time working with him. His intelligence about media buying far surpasses what I knew. I’m thankful to have worked with him on my clients’ projects.

I appreciate all the extras Michael did for me. Cocan Media is a special company. I will definitely work with them again in the future.

No, there aren’t any areas they need to improve.

Overall Score They did an awesome job.
    Their schedule was simple and easy.
    Prices were affordable.
    Cocan Media gave me the results I was looking for.
    I've already referred them to other agency owners.

PPC Lead Generation for Product Development Company

"[We] were surprised by how effectively they drove the right traffic."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

Using Google AdWords, Cocan Media handled keyword research, wrote ad copy and landing page content, and adjusted a bidding strategy.

Nashville, Tennessee
Zach Watson
Director of Marketing, DePalma Studios

In just a few weeks, the conversion rate jumped to 25% and the campaign achieved a 700% ROI while reducing costs per lead. Cocan Media communicated frequently, tracked their progress meticulously, and presented fresh, creative ideas. They met every deadline and delivered outstanding results.

I'm the director of content marketing at DePalma Studios, a UX design and product development agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cocan Media?

We needed to improve our conversion numbers from Google Ads We were already working with another PPC agency, but their performance was below expectations.

We needed to increase conversions and create a pipeline for sales leads.

I knew their founder from a previous position. I'd seen his work firsthand, so I knew we should work with them.

Even though our previous agency had delivered a poor performance, we had success bidding on design keywords. We wanted to optimize that strategy by reducing our cost per lead and improving the conversion rate on our landing page. They managed our bidding strategy and keyword selection, wrote our ad copy, and helped us test and refine our landing page. Our ideal clients are enterprises and funded startups, so they optimized our spend by pruning keywords that didn't deliver the right traffic.

Myself and our VP of marketing worked directly with the founder.

Within the first few weeks, we saw an immediate lift in conversions. Because of their improved bidding strategy and ad copy, our conversion rates doubled before we made any changes to the page. By the end of the engagement, our conversion rate was 25% and we saw a 700% ROI on our investment. Our VP of marketing was blown away. I expected as much, though, because I'd worked with Cocan Media before.

How did the Cocan Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Their founder stayed on top of everything from the beginning. We had a few strategy meetings to iron out our target market, after which they did everything. We communicated daily on Slack and had weekly meetings to review performance and discuss new ideas. They mostly worked on AdWords, while we used Hubspot to track lead conversions.

What impresses you about the Cocan Media?

We were amazed by the results. We knew we could improve our PPC performance, but were surprised by how effectively they drove the right traffic and improved our conversions. This channel became our main source of business growth.

I can't think of anything. They never missed a meeting, they were great to work with, and they always thought about how we could improve.

Shopify Site Dev & E-Commerce Support for Koozie Retailer

“They’ve ushered in a truly life-changing trajectory for our company.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Cocan Media developed a new Shopify site, creating an eye-catching landing page to drive sales. They’ve since provided ongoing social media marketing, design ads, and help track metrics.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Kenny Ramsey
Founder, 22below

Cocan Media’s new site and marketing efforts have generated enormous returns. E-commerce sales have jumped from about $3,000 per month to per day. Exceptional results, responsive strategies, and accurate projections make them strong partners.

I’m the founder of 22below. In 2017, we launched a new can sleeve design to compete with other koozies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cocan Media?

Because we predominately advertise on social media sites for our sales, we needed to establish a consistent presence in the social media space and revamp our website.

Our goal was to generate higher conversions and sales.

One of my colleagues had tracked Cocan Media’s performance and recommended them to me. After checking some of their background contacts and current clients, I was ready to pull the trigger.

Initially, they went over all of our content and met with us to discuss what we’ve done in the past, how well we've performed, and where we wanted to go. They completely overhauled our website, setting up a Shopify store with various plug-ins to track our progress. This involved creating an amazing landing page that popped up and flashed an offer to drive easy conversions.

They also educated and continue to educate us on best digital marketing and sales practices to boost our returns. The team has designed and written the messaging for our social media ads, overseeing all of the metrics involved and making adjustments to improve performance. Additionally, they’ve helped reconfigure our bundle pricing matrix for our products to increase our average cart price.

I work with their founder who is in charge of the ads and metrics, but there have been other specialists involved for specific tasks. One developer set up our Shopify store, another created our landing page, and the final helped us with our product bundle pricing.

They’ve ushered in a truly life-changing trajectory for our company. We’ve gone from $3,000–$4,000 in e-commerce sales per month to the same amount, if not more, per day.

They set up the project in an organized way with clear lines of communication. If I have a question, I can just call them for an answer. They’re also able to give accurate projections for the weeks and months to come based on their numbers. This has allowed me to plan accordingly.

I’m impressed with the results.

You can never have enough feedback, but I can’t think of anything specific that they need to change.

I respect people who value their time as much as I value mine.
    Compared to other companies, Cocan Media is priced in the middle.
    The proof is in the results.
    I already have.