The galaxy's greatest video production company.

An amazing video production company that helps businesses increase sales, simplify processes, attract talent, engage audiences, and capture the moment. Our corporate video production services create unforgettable experiences for viewers that drive invaluable real business value.

Cleveland, OH
  • Clum Creative
    3100 East 45th St. #410
    Cleveland, OH 44127
    216.239.1525

American Greetings, Universal Windows Direct, Duct Tape, and more!

Video Production for Electronic Manufacturing Company

"Clum was dedicated from the beginning all the way to the end"

Jan. 2015 - Apr. 2016

As a company in a highly competitive field, the client was seeking an innovative way to increase their brand awareness. Impressed with Clum Creative's portfolio, the client decided to work with the video production company to create a unique, brand video that would be featured on their website and in their direct mail campaign.

Jiangsu, China
Katelyn DeVan
Global Marketing Manager, TT Electronics

After the video was launched, the client has seen the response rate of new prospects increase from 5% to 50%. The client admires the vision and talent of the team at Clum Creative, noting that they haven't seen material of the same caliber from anyone else.

TT Electronics Integrated Manufacturing Services is one division of a global electronics company focused on manufacturing.

I am the global marketing manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

We wanted to find a way to reach new prospects in a very wide, competitive field. We operate in a field with 4,000 competitors, so it’s hard to capture people’s attention in a space like that.

We talked with Clum Creative about making a brand video for our division. They spent a lot of time listening to us about our business. They came up with a proposal for us that involved the creation of a brand video with a combination of original footage from some of our global facilities, some animation, and some storyboarding.

They came to our facility in the US and also traveled with me to our facility in China. They created a 3-minute-and-15-second brand video that was completely different from anything else in the industry. The video sits on our website and we’ve also included it in a direct mail campaign. We package the video as a card and when the user opens the card, the video immediately starts playing. Initially, I was working primarily with Mike [Founder, Clum Creative] but then over the course of the project, there were between 1 to 5 people involved in the project.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

They sent a cold email to our vice president and it caught his attention. We called them in and after the first meeting, and after seeing their work, we decided that they were very high-quality, modern, and emotive, which is what we were going for.

How much have you invested with Clum Creative?

The project cost was between $15,000 and $25,000.

We began the relationship in January 2016 and the project was completed in April 2016.

We have a really long sales cycle of 18 to 24 months. We’re still seeing results, but right away after using the video we went from 5% response rate to 50% response rate with new prospects.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Clum was very dedicated from the beginning all the way to the end. They pushed our team when we needed to be pushed but they were also flexible.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

There’s a ton of marketing agencies on the market but Mike consistently produces material that is incredible and outshines anything I’ve ever seen. His work seems a class above and for a really great value.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

Mike should keep growing and expanding his team because he’s got a great service and a great vision when it comes to making unique videos for clients.

Overall Score It’s been a remarkable project. We can’t stop talking about it.
    There’s always room for improvement. It’s hard to rate anyone a 5, but he was almost perfect.
    I have recommended them already.

Video Production for Church

"After receiving the video results, it was clear that Clum Creative listened to us well from the beginning till the actual completion of the project."

Sept. 2016 - Nov. 2016

Clum Creative was hired to develop a video.

Cleveland, Ohio
Ron Young
Senior Pastor, St. Paul Church

The client has received a lot of great feedback from people who have seen it. It has received a lot of engagement on Facebook. They were happy with the agency's ability to get things done quickly and to get it done well.

I am the senior pastor of the St. Paul Lutheran Church & School. The church is located in Westlake, Ohio. We have 2,700 members, as well as a school with about 200 students. We have 3 pastors and multiple other staff, including teachers and a principal. We're always on the move, looking at what needs to be changed. We innovate constantly in order to successfully reach out and touch more people.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

We entered into an 8-month campaign with the theme "You welcomed me." The goal was to become the most welcoming church and school on the west side of Cleveland and beyond. At the same time, we wanted to raise $3.6 million. These funds were intended to provide for a welcoming ministry and improve our facilities, making them more welcoming as well.

Clum Creative provided us with a 3-minute video. Within that frame, they were able to illustrate our "You welcomed me" message—our willingness to be a church and school of people. More than having an institutional message, we wanted to be a welcoming group. Clum Creative provided the script for the story. In itself, that was remarkable. The video illustrates a story of a young man visiting our church and the experiences he had. Ultimately, after seeing how welcoming the people were, he decided that he had found his church home.

We met Clum Creative's team in September for an initial discussion. The on-site production took place in October, after which came the editing phase. The November deadline was easily met, allowing us to show it to our group. They were working on other projects concurrently, but when Clum Creative's team was here, they focused on getting the necessary footage. There was also storyboarding involved, but I didn't come in contact with it myself.

How much have you invested with Clum Creative?

The cost of Clum Creative's work was between $5,000 and $10,000. For the work done, we didn't bat an eye on spending that amount. We felt that the finished product was well worth it.

The project was wrapped up by November 2016.

After receiving the video results, it was clear that Clum Creative listened to us well from the beginning till the actual completion of the project. They captured every bit of the essence we were trying to communicate. People loved and applauded the video after seeing it. We premiered the video to a group of highly-committed people, in terms of both time and finances. There was a lot of buzz and excitement around the video. When we posted it on Facebook, it received thousands of views. The comments were all very positive. We haven't done this a lot as a church and school, but we are seriously considering doing this again for other videos.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

The project was accomplished in a swift fashion, but the end result reflected some careful and thoughtful production and editing. We never noticed anything but a professional grade of engagement from Clum Creative's side.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

I've been a pastor for over 35 years, in very large churches. I've worked with many agencies and consultants for past projects, including on-staff video production teams. No one has ever listened to me as well as Clum Creative's team has. My biggest takeaway from Clum Creative's work came while we were working on-site on putting things together. Their contact was interviewed me to get the best understanding of who we were and what we wanted. I was dumbfounded by how well Clum Creative had listened to what we were trying to achieve and what our goals were. They had summarized all of this in a question posed to me. Clum Creative handled everything professionally, to a degree that exceeded our expectations.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

No one in my staff could find a shortcoming in Clum Creative's delivery and planning.

Overall Score From beginning to end, we were more than happy with what we ultimately received.
    We were hoping to get the video a week earlier, but it was delivered in plenty of time for our commitment.
    We felt we received an excellent value for money.
    Clum Creative exceeded our expectations.

Video Production for Painting Company

"Clum was very professional and well-managed."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Clum Creative was hired to develop a one-minute video.

Brad Pietrafese
CEO, Best Buy Painting

The client has shown the video to their advisory board, all of whom loved it. They really liked that the agency was on budget, managed communication well and that their entire team has a lot of ideas with regard to video production.

Best Buy Painting is a residential painting company doing remodels or repaint since 2004. We’ve done a little bit of commercial work as well. We have 6 full-time employees now and continue to expand. I’m President and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

We needed a video to show customers our process of exterior painting.

They made a one-minute video to show how we do the estimates, schedule the work, perform the work, do walkthroughs, and make sure our customers are satisfied before we leave their house. In 2017, they will provide us with another video showing our process for interior painting. We explained to Clum Creative what we needed, and they took it from there. The video was created using actual footage and interviews from customers. They were very accommodating because we needed to change the schedule several times because of the weather.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

I met Mike in the Goldman Sachs 10,000 small businesses program. I saw that he was very creative and devoted to his business, so I wanted to help become a part of the growth of his company.

How much have you invested with Clum Creative?

The project was under $10,000.

We are continuing to work with them.

We haven’t gone public with the video yet, but I did show it to our advisory board, and they loved it. They liked how it was produced and how they articulated what our process is.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

The contract we signed was very detailed, and they were right on budget. Clum was very professional and well-managed. The communication was very good. They were prompt with the editing of the film. I was very impressed that there was only one thing that we needed to edit and they fixed that very quickly.

What distinguishes Clum Creative from other providers?

They are young and aggressive with their ideas which is key to video production. We didn’t want the video to look like everyone else.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

I can’t think of anything.

They met every expectation and met our deadlines.
    I understand there’s a lot that goes into video production, but I always like things cheaper. As a small business owner, I always need to make sure.
    They were very prompt in editing. They told us what needed to be done and how long it was going to take and they honored that.
    We had a pre-production meeting where they told us what needed to be done, scheduled it, and created what we asked them for.

Video Production for IT Services Company

"I was blown away by the level of courtesy and professionalism offered by Clum's entire team from the beginning to end of the project."

Clum Creative created a video to help showcase what the client does.

Abbie Hosta
Marketing & Operations Manager, Accellis Technology Group

The client doesn't have any measurable results but has seen a lot of positive engagement on social media. They appreciated that Clum Creative was always on time and able to deliver a quality product.

Accellis Technology Group provides IT consulting services. They specialize in legal and financial firms. They provide a wide range of IT consulting services from managed services, application development, cyber security and risk assessments and legal software consulting. They would work with a law firm or a financial organization and figure out where they are in the current state of technology, where they want to be based on their growth and profitability, and where they want to grow into. After that, they would recommend solutions and systems to help them scale. I am marketing and operations manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

Many of our clients are located throughout the country, so we often miss the opportunity to connect with people in person. We thought that Clum Creative could help us product a video could provide current and prospective prospects with a sense of who we are and what we do in a short amount of time.

My original thought was to a 2-minute video and a shorter 30-second video. When I contacted Clum, I had a budget in mind. We don’t invest heavily in video but I had known that it’s a costlier form of media to produce, especially if you want a quality product. When I contacted Clum Creative, I was immediately impressed by the level of professionalism and insight Mike brought to the table. Mike had offered to come onsite to review our needs, which was the only vendor to do so. We had talked over the phone about our APOs [Advanced Planner and Optimizer]. He came onsite with a budget in mind and had already had the timeline laid for shooting the video. After discussing in more detail, we decided we wanted to shoot an interview style video where we would showcase key employees to talk about the company and the culture at Accellis. We had talked through what kind of questions to ask and what points we wanted to touch on, like recent awards, services we offer, and areas that we’re growing. He had a good idea of how long it would take. I was impressed with how well he listened to me and what I wanted. He showed me some examples of what he did in the past and he took my feedback on what I did like and didn’t like about the videos.

Once the project started, he introduced me to his project management team, who also came onsite to perform more research about our company and prepared questions for the interviews. During our kick-off meeting, they asked us a lot of questions about who we were and some similar questions about what our purpose for the video was for which I thought was a great question. Then they went through and scheduled out the entire day; who they would speak with and how much time they’d need for each. For me having to schedule 15 people to be onsite for the whole day helped me prioritize and schedule out everybody and what they needed to do.

During the live shoot, I was impressed with the level of professionalism and courtesy their team extended. They worked hard all day. I don’t even think they took a lunch. During the interviews, they helped coach us through the questions and made everyone feel comfortable. Unfortunately, there were a couple of shots they couldn’t get so they offered to come back. They spent another half a day shooting.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

I found them through a Google search. They did a lot of things that other companies didn’t. First, they offered to come onsite to meet with me prior to preparing a quote. Then they went through a couple of sample videos that they had put together in the past and reviewed what I liked and didn’t like about each. They prepared a quote that covered everything we discussed in detail. They even went through some of the equipment they would be using during the shoot, including lighting and microphones. I could tell they were very detail and process oriented. Overall, I felt very confident that they could execute on my vision.

How much have you invested with Clum Creative?

$6,000 for the video which I thought more than fair based on other quotes I had received and the level of quality they offered.

The projects are complete.

I don’t have any measurable stats I can give you. I know that when we had promoted the video, right before I left, we got a lot of feedback on social media from people that had watched it and they said it was well-produced and they were impressed by it.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They did wonderfully. I was blown away by the level of courtesy and professionalism offered by Clum's entire team from the beginning to end of the project. They communicated with me probably more often than they needed to but that helped instill more confidence in me. They asked me to call them whenever I needed something and every time I called, they answered. They were available, on time, and kept me up to date on the project’s status.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

I don’t know if there’s anything else I can offer here apart from everything mentioned above. I’m mostly impressed by their skill and professionalism, and I will recommend them any chance I get.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

I think Clum Creative is great at producing high-quality videos from a visual and audio perspective. The shots, the colors the music - everything flowed together. An opportunity for growth might be allowing for more thought, creativity and focus on the overall message or takeaway of each video. In other words, when somebody watches it, what do we want them to think or feel? The ability to capture their clients abstract goals into video will set them apart in the future.

Overall Score It was very easy to get in touch with them when I needed, and they were really good about communication and deadlines. Everything was really easy for me.
    I had set forth some pretty ambitious deadlines, and I felt they did everything they could to make time to meet those even though they were busy.
    I wasn’t expecting them to provide the price point that they did. I was overall very happy with what we paid.
    The quality was higher than I expected it to be and they delivered everything on time and budget.
    I can't recommend them enough.

Video Production for Young Entrepreneur Forum

"Every video that comes out of their firm is incredible."

May 2016 - July 2016

Clum Creative was hired to develop an explainer video.

Woodbury, New York
Justin Lafazan
Co-founder, Next Gen

The client has seen it's video viewed more than 10,000 times. It has great impressions and enjoys high engagement time. They are very happy with the work Clum Creative has produced. They use the video on all sites and methods of correspondence.

I am the co-founder of Next Gen, a community and conference for young entrepreneurs. We’re a global organizational network that brings together the most talented millennial entrepreneurs across the country. We provide educational resources as well as connections to funding and manufacturing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

Next Gen is a community and doesn’t provide a direct service or product. Our challenge was describing Next Gen to the outside world and having people understand the work that we do—bringing young people together and building resources around them. We were having a lot of trouble communicating our value to potential community members, investors, vendors, etc.

We wanted to create a promotional video that was much more than a commercial. We wanted a marketing team who makes videos, not a video production team that throws them online. We wanted someone who understands the psychology behind watching videos so that our audience can understand the work that we’re doing.

We flew the Clum Creative team to New York to one of our annual conferences, the Next Gen Summit. Over the course of that 3-day conference, they conducted dozens of interviews with top community members, speakers, mentors, investors, and advisors. Clum Creative got tons of footage and information about the work that we’re doing. They did a lot of B-roll and live footage takes of the conference—community members interacting, deal flow happening, things like that. Then in the next 2 to 3 weeks, we identified who we wanted to feature in the video. We chose the sound bites really made sense to us and best described what we were doing.

At the end of the day, most of the work for us was done before we even flew them to New York. Clum interviewed my partner, Dylan and I. We went over what we were looking for and how we were looking to do it. Clum Creative asked us about the videos we enjoyed, what we didn’t like, and where we wanted to promote the video. By the time we flew them to New York, they already had a picture of what we were doing. We spoke to them 1 or 2 times after that. Over the next couple of weeks, they created the film. Mike shared with us a rough draft of the video which we absolutely loved. We gave our comments and within a day we had a finished product. It only took us 1 round of revisions to go over everything that we needed to change. They were done within 24 hours. Then, our final video was sent to us in a high-quality format that we could distribute on all our channels.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

We took a lot of time researching and talking to a lot of different video production companies. We had an intern on our team put together a list of 100 top video production agencies in the country. He watched their portfolio videos and saw which ones were made with a psychological impact in mind. Clum was one of the final choices that our intern presented to us. Looking at their portfolio, we found that all of their videos were doing exactly what we wanted. Instead of screaming at the audience, they used the psychology of consumers to communicate in really subtle ways. We really enjoyed that.

We had a preliminary conversation with Mike and invited him to join our online community so he could understand the work that we’re doing. He was so optimistic and eager to get involved with us. Long before we hired him, he wanted to learn about the work that we were doing. Once Mike learned about the work we were doing, he gave us so many great ideas long before we had even suggested hiring him. At that point, we had a couple of firms left to choose from, but Mike put us over the edge.

They were unequivocally the firm that we were going to go with. The reason we were so set on Clum is because they understood not only our goal; they also understood the psychology behind our goal. It wasn’t even a question of whether we were going to contract their firm and work with them. They were able to communicate to us what they needed to do in order to achieve that goal. They wanted to create that with visuals, sound, and with different motions.

How much have you invested with Clum Creative?

The entire contract was between $10,000 and $20,000.

They created that first video for us. We will likely contract them again for our next conference as well as any in-person events going forward. We plan to hire them again but that will not happen until our next conference.

In more tangible terms, our video has thousands of views, 10,000 plus. When we uploaded it to our personal Facebook pages as well as on YouTube, we got thousands of views. It gets incredible impressions each day and high engagement time for folks watching the video. But more impressive to us are the intangibles. We use that video on the front page of every website. It’s the first thing that people watch when they visit our website to learn about us. We also include it in every email we send as part of our email signature.

By far, it is the best piece of marketing collateral material we’ve ever had. When we’re trying to explain the work that we’re doing, all we do is send the video. It has allowed us incredible relationships and conversations with investors, CEOs, and mentors. The door was opened because they were that impressed with the video and were able to understand that work that we’re doing. While we do have those tangible stats—thousands of views, high engagement rates—the more important thing to us is that we put it on the front page of everything we do. It’s that important to us and it is that impressive to our strategic partners.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Mike was able to build a custom timeline based on what we needed. We ended up contracting them at the beginning of May of 2016. The footage was shot and filmed the first weekend of June 2016. It was ready to go by July of 2016. That is because Mike asked before we got started what our timeline was and we knew that we needed the video by mid-August. We gave him lots of time to work on it. But as he said to us many times, if we needed it within a week or 2, he would’ve been able to get it done. He was flexible with our schedule and adapted to what needed to get done.

Mike kept in touch with us every step of the way, which was honestly refreshing. I’ve worked with a lot of development firms in the past who don’t answer your emails all the time, don’t take your calls. Mike was very responsive and kept us in the loop, long before we started with him and even once we got to him. We wanted to give Mike the flexibility to do the work that he wanted with the video and follow his strategic vision. But at the end of the day, what we really wanted to do was stay in touch. We wanted to have a picture of what they were working on. Mike kept in touch with us and answered every question promptly. He gave us constant updates on what they were working on, especially during the weekend when we had them in New York. They were constantly working and communicating what they were doing. Mike was there when we needed him, but he was not overly relying on our time. That’s because of the interviews that we had done before we started the project.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

Every video that will come out of Clum Creative has the same quality. It shows the belief that the Clum Creative team has that anything is possible when it comes to creating a video. They do not fall under the social pressure of “you have to create a certain type of video” and “at this cost it is this quality.” Every video that comes out of their firm is incredible. With every video, they look to create something new and different and special.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

Overall Score I look forward to the next time we can work with the Clum Creative team.
    They worked with us to build their production timeline around our marketing timelines. We got the deliverables when we needed them. Their timeline was fair.
    While expensive, the quality that the Clum Creative team creates is unparalleled. Their prices were fair.
    The quality was beyond any other video production agency I’ve ever seen.
    I’ve already referred them to hundreds of friend and colleagues. I highly recommend them to anyone who’s looking for video production services. They are my number 1 referral for a reason.

Video Production for Commercial Power Washing Company

"Their project management is above average."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Clum Creative was hired to develop a branding video.

Akron, Ohio
John Kosmides
Marketing Manager, Perfect Power Wash

The client is happy with the final product they received. They feel that the agency's project management was above average and were happy that all deadlines were met on time.

Perfect Power Wash is a full-service residential commercial power washing company. We are based out of Akron, Ohio. As the marketing manager, I handle all the marketing and advertising.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

We were looking to have a corporate branding video made, not to highlight our services but to differentiate us from other companies in the same industry. We wanted to show that we were different from folks that just have one service vehicle, folks that might not have professional equipment, and the folks that don’t have 16 years of experience backing them up like we do.

We contracted Clum Creative to do a branding video for us. It was pretty minimal work for us, but it turned out great. We had a 40-minute high-level meeting on what we wanted to talk about. We sat down and laid out our vision. Then, they came back to us with a really nice storyboard. We filled in some gaps, gave some ideas, and then we scheduled a shooting time. They spent a day at our headquarters to interview our staff and management team. They also went out in the field for a day. Clum Creative followed our in-field operations manager out to 2 homes and filmed him doing what we do. After that video, we contracted Clum Creative twice to do some still photography.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

I can’t tell you how we found Clum Creative. I joined the team after we had made contact with them as a vendor. That being said, Clum Creative really hit the mark for us.

That is confidential.

We started on the video in February 2016. We had hoped to do 3 more videos with Clum Creative before the end of this year. Unfortunately, our schedules were unable to mesh so we pushed that out to spring of next year. They’ll be on our short list for vendors for creative work.

Clum Creative definitely met all our expectations. I can only give you internal feedback because that video and all the photography are slated for next year’s advertising. Internally, it was really well-received. I’ve been in video and media production since ’96 or ’97 and Clum Creative followed the textbook. They did exactly what you should do in terms of pre-production and post-production. In my view, they hit the nail squarely. They spoke the language they needed to speak. They came on site with the right equipment, had the right attitude, and had good visual creativity. On the first pass, they got as close as other top-tier vendors that I’ve worked with before. We didn’t give them a lot of creative direction but they were able to execute our vision. I think we went through 1 or 2 rounds of revisions they did really well.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is above average. I deal with creatives all the time and often, those folks tend to be a little bit less organized. That comes with the territory, but they were better than most. They weren’t meticulously organized but they met their deadlines. They met all of our timelines internally.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

I was pleasantly surprised at the look they got. That’s something in my experience that’s not teachable - it’s something innate. It’s one of those things that you have or you don’t. I think they have it.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

None. They’ve got an open project with us. If they needed to improve, we would approach them.

Overall Score They’re not Ogilvy & Mather, which is a top-tier agency. But for local guys out of Cleveland, they definitely performed. They exceeded and met all my expectations.
    A 5 would be working with an Ogilvy. That’s pretty tough to attain unless you’re actually working with Ogilvy. They were right up there and it was a very positive experience.
    Very likely.

Video Production for Marketing Agency

"We’ve come to know what to expect with Clum which is efficiency, a great system to get things done, and a quality product."

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

Clum Creative was hired to develop videos that highlight the capabilities of the company.

Dallas Riffle
Owner, Dallas Riffle Media

The client has seen an increase in retention of visitors on their website. The email open rates are higher when videos are included and click-through-rates have improved too. They particularly appreciate their strength in video production but also their willingness to make changes when necessary.

Dallas Riffle Media is a full-service marketing agency. I am the Creative Director and Founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

We were looking for a partner to provide our clients with high-quality video production and do so in an affordable manner. After meeting with Mike and the team, we were very impressed with how they work and their work. We did a couple of kick-off projects with them, and things have been going well ever since. We’re working well together, and it’s been a very seamless relationship.

The bulk of what we've had them do has been corporate overview videos - videos that detail the capabilities for a lot of our corporate clientele. We’ll come up with our loose outline and maybe a few questions we have for them. After that, I’ll sit down with Mike or someone else on the team and collaborate to see if we’ve got all the bases covered from a creative standpoint. Clum Creative comes in and they’ll check out the location. They will take some very detailed notes on where and how they’re going to shoot - what type of lighting, what type of equipment they need to rent. Then we’ll sit down and have an overview meeting before we go into a shoot and go over everything that needs to be covered. Once we do that, they show up, execute, and take care of everything in a professional manner. We’ve come to know what to expect with Clum which is efficiency, a great system to get things done, and a quality product.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

I first became acquainted with them when Mike happened to drop by an agency that I was leading previously, and we had a nice conversation. It was just a complete cold call. He just asked to stop in and show me some of his work. The work spoke for itself. That was the first thing that got me. From there we continued in our conversations, and once I opened my agency we had the opportunity to work with each other on a couple of projects, and it’s blossomed from there. If there’s something that’s a challenge they’ll do what they need to do to solve it. We’re very in-tune with Clum Creative. It has created a nice symbiotic relationship between the two companies.

How much have you invested with Clum Creative?

It’s normally between $5,000 and $15,000.

We’re currently working with them. We’re doing some projects for a large restaurant client of mine. Everything’s going very well.

Overall speaking, the retention on the website has been much higher. People following through as CTAs [call-to-action] has benefitted. Email open rates - whenever we have a video on there, we tend to see the CTR [click-through-rate] bump on that. The inclusion of the videos is always a nice bonus if we can do that. The clients are thrilled. There hasn’t been one yet that we haven’t had anything less than stellar feedback from the clients. They love the work. That’s the first and foremost reason that we are partners. That’s why we continue to work with them.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been good. That’s one area Clum has improved in as they’ve grown as a team. Over the past year, they’ve become more efficient as far as project management goes. They’ve improved their invoicing system and is now a streamlined effort. If we need a little more help on a project, it’s usually not an issue. We’re very focused on managing expectations. There haven’t been any missed deadlines or surprises.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

They’re open-minded, nimble and they’re open to learning. Clum has a certain energy about them that makes them fun to work with. They’re willing to do what it takes to make sure that you get what you need as a partner. That makes them stand above most other producers in the area. They care about the quality of the work. Everybody there falls in line with the original vision, and it still shows. They’ve been very consistent. We’ve grown and worked together so many times that it’s almost like we’re part of the same company sometimes.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

They’ve recognized the need to keep improving their project management. They’re aware of the things they need to work on and take feedback very well. Clum uses challenges as data points. It’s just a way of finding out what you need to improve on and they do look at it that way. They’re all very willing to listen, and if something’s not going the way it should be, they jump on it right away. They don’t run from problems; they run towards them. They take challenges as they come. If something isn’t going the way it should be I know we can approach it and solve it in a timely fashion because they’re not afraid of that.

Overall Score They’re good friends of mine, and it is because we have such a good working relationship. It’s been a good, strong relationship overall.
    There’s always glitches and challenges, but they’re always willing to take those head-on.
    The value is off the charts. It’s a really good value.
    They provided work that’s on par with anything that you would expect from any top-notch video producer in the country.
    I would have no qualms about recommending them. They’re always number one on my list.

Video Production for Solutions Provider

"Clum Creative helped us communicate who we are and what we do to the outside world."

Sept. 2013 - Ongoing

Clum Creative was hired to create a few videos to help brand the company.

Kevin Goodman
Managing Director, Partner, BlueBridge Networks

The videos were well-received and have driven both increased revenue and brand awareness. The client was happy that all deadlines were met. They were particularly happy with the President of Clum Creative's knowledge and passion.

I am the Managing Director and partner of BlueBridge Networks. We are a facility based operator who is in the business of keeping businesses in business through data center services. Our company provides traditional colocation, hosting, cloud computing, public/private cloud, managed security, and managed storage. BlueBridge Networks is also a licensed hardware/software reseller.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clum Creative?

The challenges were both personal and professional. First, I needed a video for personal branding. Our company also required 2 or 3 videos to promote our cloud computing platforms and our managed storage or disaster recovery as service platforms. We needed to promote our platforms with IBM and NetApp respectively, so we collaborated with Michael Clum’s team to address these requirements.

We wrote the bulk of our content and then Clum Creative helped us edit them to the right size. We crafted scripts for both the IBM, the NetApp projects and disaster recovery as a service. For the voice over recordings, our teams did the voices and Clum Creative edited them. They integrated the voices to the videos; an animated film combined with some live shots of our infrastructure. It had several versions for different purposes, anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. For example, a shorter version might be used for receiving an award. Of the 2 branding videos that Clum Creative produced, the 1-minute video was more personal to me. The other one was a testimonial for BlueBridge, which also showed the sense of reciprocity between the 2 companies.

How did you come to work with Clum Creative?

I didn’t find them, our director of client services and marketing did. She’s been in the field for several years, and she solicited many different bids. Someone recommended Clum Creative to us; I don’t remember who. We chose Clum Creative not only for financial reasons but because of how easy it was to do business with them. We wanted someone with the flexibility to integrate our approaches creatively and collaborate about our concept and messaging.

That is confidential.

I believe it’s been 3 years since we began working with them. I think we have 5 projects with them to date, plus a couple of short-term projects. Clum Creative has just started working on a new project for us. It’s another product line for managed security and managed services.

Clum Creative helped us communicate who we are and what we do to the outside world. The videos from Clum Creative drove revenue and increased brand awareness. As I noted earlier, the videos with integrated animation and the still shots, were an excellent summary of what we do. They were terrific videos that were well received, not only by the metrics online but also by our customer base. Our vendors, who contributed to the project, thought that they had good value. Both IBM and NetApp were satisfied with the outcomes as well.

Our external, base customers receive multiple mailings throughout the year about a product line called DigiKnow. We noticed that these customers had about a 30% increase in the clicks of the video links. That meant our customers were actually clicking and watching the video, as opposed to clicking and reading articles. They were viewing the video 30% more than they were reading our written content articles. The rate for customer inquiry about those services was about 4%, and we’re happy if we get a 2% response. We were getting that much of an uptick: “Hey, I watched that video, and I’m interested in learning more about that.” On the SEO side, the links were showing up on page 1 or page 2 in all of their respective categories. They are the most often watched link on our URLs, which are my personal brand blog site and the BlueBridge site.

How did Clum Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was terrific. Deadlines and commitments were met or exceeded. Business and IT objectives were both executed, and I am a very satisfied customer.

What did you find most impressive about Clum Creative?

As someone who’s in his 50s, I enjoyed working with someone who’s in their 20s. I didn’t know Mike personally until he worked for us. I was happily surprised by his work ethic and his knowledge. I appreciate his enthusiasm to know who we are and what we do, which can be very complicated and simple at the same time. He understood our business and IT objectives, which made it easier to collaborate. He’s very instinctive, bright and creative. I’m very satisfied with his work and his ability to listen because you have to listen in order to learn what it is that a company does. Every company has their own unique myopic vertical. He was able to understand who we are and what we do. Then he helped us articulate that message in a way that people can get it and then make the phone ring. I’ve grown to really respect Mike’s ability, his hard work, and the product that they put out.

Are there any areas Clum Creative could improve?

I haven’t worked on enough projects to give that kind of feedback. My projects with him have been pretty succinct and collaborative, so I don’t have any constructive feedback at this time.

Overall Score I think they will get better and better as time goes on.
    Once you sign up and begin a project, you’re enthusiastic, and you want it done the day you start. However, things in life do occur. I would say he communicated any delays in an effective and appropriate way.
    They are very competitive, and they provide a high value for the dollars spent.
    They have the ability to execute and deliver what they promise.
    I’ve recommended them. I have received good feedback from the companies and people that I’ve recommended them to.