Timely Design. Timeless Results.

Gold

Clockwork Design Group loves a creative challenge. Since 1994, our boutique firm has helped clients develop and implement creative marketing and advertising solutions – from fresh brand identities and web sites to enticing ad campaigns, corporate collateral, direct mail, trade show graphics, animated holiday cards, and more. Whatever the finished product may be, our team works with clients to find rich, compelling and memorable solutions.

Our clients include professional service firms such as law firms, CPAs, financial advisors, architecture, engineering and construction companies, as well as technology firms.

With a name like Clockwork, you can rely on us to keep projects on schedule, on budget and on track. We pride ourselves on professionalism and responsiveness that equal our creative abilities. We communicate with clients at every project step to assure there are no surprises regarding deliverables, timetables and budgets.

The Clockwork culture and mission statement can be summed up in a simple, although somewhat cliched adage: “Do what you love, love what you do.” We are a dedicated group of talented professionals who truly enjoy creating beautiful and functional design. Our clients are our friends and peers, and often comment that our enthusiasm for our work is visible and contagious. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it!

1994

• walkerparking.com
  • tighebond.com
  • hobbsbrook.com

Website Redesign for Law Firm

"Clockwork Design Group, Inc turned our abstract vision into a reality."

Apr. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Clockwork Design Group, Inc developed a custom corporate website, with an emphasis on design. They also edited and published all of the content featured on the platform.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Member, Law Firm

Clockwork Design Group, Inc successfully transformed the abstract design concept into a modern website. Their team avoided the use of general templates and tailored the platform to meet the unique business goals. Users and industry professionals alike are praising the sleek design.

I am a member of a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

Our website was exceptionally plain and visually unappealing, which was a disservice to our prospective clients. We decided to build a more modern platform that reflects our professionalism.

After a series of discussions concerning our vision and the work required to achieve it, the team at Clockwork Design Group, Inc delivered a few design initiatives that matched our preferences. We selected our favorite design, and they moved on to develop wireframes for all of the web pages. A few edits were made before they launched the site. While they were building the site, our team focused on creating content for the platform; Clockwork Design Group, Inc reviewed and edited the articles before publishing.

We interfaced with a sales representative, a project manager, and at least two editors.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

I came across a website that they designed for another law firm and decided to reach out to them.

We spent upwards of $30,000 to build the website.

Development began in April 2018, and we were able to launch the site in January 2019.

Although it is too early to determine if the platform has impacted our business, we can confirm that Clockwork Design Group, Inc delivered a phenomenal website. Our clients are responding well to the new sleek design, and lawyers from other firms are also praising our new look.

How did Clockwork Design Group, Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

We gave them the freedom to set their deadlines, which they were always able to meet. The rate of communication varied depending on the size of the task, but their team was highly responsive to our needs at every stage of the project. Our main channels of correspondence were email, phone, and Dropbox.

Clockwork Design Group, Inc turned our abstract vision into a reality. Their ability to produce a stunning website that met all of our needs was incredible.

We are completely satisfied with their results.

Any company looking to enhance their web presence with a polished and professional website should reach out to Clockwork Design Group, Inc.

Overall Score They excelled in all areas, from development to customer service.
    Their team was highly responsive and always able to meet deadlines.
    The price that we paid to build the site was fair, and we are satisfied with the final product.
    We are delighted with the work that they delivered for us.
    Clockwork Design Group, Inc is the type of vendor that companies dream of.

Web Design & Branding for Architectural Firm

"Their ability to manage multiple projects while ensuring the work was high quality stood out."

Apr.–Dec. 2018

Clockwork Design Group supported rebranding efforts by creating a new logo and other materials, including business cards and envelopes. They also redesigned a new website to match the updated brand image.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Caroline Detoro
Marketing, Lamoureux Pagano Associates | Architects

The new logo and site represent the business well and fully satisfy expectations. The messaging and image are positively received by the public. As a partner, Clockwork Design Group was patient and easy to work with. They delivered everything on schedule and matched the original vision.

I work in the marketing department for Lamoureux Pagano, an architectural firm that is best known for our work with K-12 schools, higher education, and historic preservation projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group?

Our website was outdated and not functioning as well as we needed it to. Additionally, our company had recently had a change in leadership, so we felt it was time to update our brand image. We hired Clockwork Design Group to do a complete redesign of our site along with a rebranding exercise. We wanted to roll out all of the new materials at once to display a consistent brand.

We brought Clockwork Design Group in and told them the type of the logo, color scheme, and materials that we wanted. They met with our entire office and looked at all of the ideas we presented. After refining the company-wide culture we wanted to portray, their team began designing the logo. They provided several iterations before producing the final deliverable that included our feedback on the color and overall appearance.

From there, they designed the new website that matched the logo and color scheme we chose. They provided a writer to create attention-generating content for the platform. The team also streamlined our URL and created one that is easier to remember. In addition, they also created new business cards, letterheads, envelopes, and proposal templates.

We worked with four teammates during different parts of the process. Vanessa (Creative Director & President, Clockwork Design Group) and Danielle (Account Manager, Clockwork Design Group) primarily managed the project and helped us create our vision. Bonnie (Graphic & Web Designer, Clockwork Design Group) handled the graphic design and Mike (CEO & Production Director, Clockwork Design Group) managed all of our technical needs.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group?

We put together an RFP and sent it to six firms. We included Clockwork Design Group because we knew of them through our industry. We ultimately chose them because of their specific expertise in professional services.

We spent between $70,000–$85,000 for everything throughout the engagement.

We worked together between April–December 2018.

We haven’t done any surveys, but the feedback we receive on the new look of our site is always positive, and the improved appearance helps our business. All of the deliverables look great and match what we envisioned. Additionally, it’s easy to manage and maintain the new site.

How did Clockwork Design Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re highly organized and managed the project well. Everything stayed on track, even though we only had a short period of time to complete the work.

Their ability to manage multiple projects while ensuring the work was high quality stood out. They worked well as a team and were responsive to our needs. No detail was forgotten, and everything was done on time.

There’s nothing I can think of for them to improve on.

Bring clarity to the project. If you know your goals and express them upfront, Clockwork Design Group will be able to prepare better work for you. It’s also important to make decisions and be intimately involved in the process. Ensure you made the right choice for your firm and stay attentive throughout the engagement.

Overall Score We had a very smooth process with them.
    They did an excellent job of staying on task and producing work on time.
    Though they weren't the least expensive choice, they did good work for the price point.
    They delivered everything on time and well.
    I'd absolutely recommend them to anyone in our industry—they were very helpful.

Rebranding, Logo Design & Video Production for Accounting Firm

"They’re some of the most professional people that I’ve ever worked with."

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

Clockwork Design Group, Inc managed all components of a rebranding process including logo design and web redesign.

Casey Blake
Marketing Manager, Edelstein & Company

The rebranding received positive feedback and enabled the client to differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Ensuring superb customer service, Clockwork Design Group Inc responds quickly and is open about scope and costs. Highly professional, they’ve built a valuable, long-term relationship.

I'm the marketing manager at Edelstein & Company, an independent certified public accountant (CPA) firm in the Boston area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

We were undergoing a rebranding and needed guidance on everything from logos to web design and generally how to put ourselves out into the market.

Clockwork Design Group, Inc managed all of the components of our rebranding process down to the details of the colors of our logo and headshots for the website. They redesigned our website and logo. They started by creating a timeline for all of the tasks. They conducted interviews with existing staff and clients to develop a word cloud that translated into our new brand.

We now work with them on an ad hoc basis. For example, we celebrated our fiftieth-anniversary last year for which they designed a special anniversary logo. They work with us on our e-blasting tool and other one-off projects.

We work with their entire team of four people.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

Following internal discussions, we had established a committee to work through the rebranding process. They put out proposals to design companies and vetted vendors. The ability to work with us on all the components of the process to achieve our goals was critical for us. Clockwork had also worked with other professional services business like ours which was a huge draw. They could understand our industry and our market landscape.

We started working together in February 2015, and it’s ongoing.

The impact of the rebranding has been incredible. It provided us with an opportunity to share who we are with our marketplace, and we’ve received nothing but positive feedback. For example, our website, which is the most externally-facing product of the brand, has been described by users as fresh, modern, and easy to navigate. Our web traffic skyrocketed. It really represents who we are as a firm and allows us to differentiate ourselves.

With the more recent fiftieth anniversary, the logo they designed encompassed what those 50 years meant for us and was inclusive of our existing brand and logo. It helped us establish a recognized piece for our fiftieth year, which was a huge milestone.

We communicated at least weekly during the rebranding process. They’re responsive: I can pick up the phone, call them, speak to somebody that I know, and have them respond immediately.

They're very communicative. They're upfront about the scope of their activities and the associated costs. There's no gray area. They’re always open to any questions or comments. They’re some of the most professional people that I’ve ever worked with. It’s been a very valuable relationship.

They’re incredibly responsive. I never have to wait to hear back from them. I know that if I call or email, someone will respond if not immediately then quickly after that. They’re very much there for their clients. I’ve felt supported as a client from the beginning of my relationship with them.

I can’t think of any.

If you're considering working with Clockwork, my advice would be to absolutely move forward with them. They’re an incredible asset to any individual, team, or business working on a rebranding, website redesign, or even just creative brainstorming.

Overall Score They’re professional, responsive, timely, and very much on top of trends in the industries in which they work, which I greatly appreciate.
    All of my deadlines and expectations have been met. They’re always willing to work with our availability.
    Their work has been an incredibly good use of our budget dollars. We continue to see positive outcomes from the rebranding nearly four years after its launch. The value is outstanding.
    Their deliverables are well-done, clean, concise, and inclusive of the conversations that we had about our projects.
    I have referred them on multiple occasions. I’ve made connections between their team and my colleagues and contacts in the industry because I feel so strongly that they’ll provide a great product. It's something I’ll continue to do.

Creative & Marketing Collateral for Law Firm

“They’re truly an amazing team creatively and in terms of service management.”

Dec. 2013 - Dec. 2018

Clockwork Design Group, Inc delivered a variety of creative marketing projects over five years including invitations, holiday e-cards, a blog, and a website.

Elena Taxiarchis
Former Director of Marketing, Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP

Clockwork Design Group, Inc exceeded expectations consistently by producing well-liked and award-winning creative work. They shine in generating innovative ideas. They listen carefully to their requirements and autonomously deliver without fail. They’re an extraordinarily reliable team.

I’m the former marketing director of Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP, a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

I needed help with numerous projects including our annual client party invitation, blog creation, and, more recently, the development of a new website.

We worked with Clockwork Design Group, Inc on anything that required creativity or marketing material for clients. They design our Thanksgiving card every year, and they built our website.

Vanessa (President and Creative Director, Clockwork Design Group, Inc) was my first point of contact. We had phone conversations between Vanessa and another Clockwork Design Group, Inc team member and me to discuss what I was envisioning. I also worked with their account manager. Our website development required a lot of technical support, and I worked closely with another member of their team for that.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

I met Vanessa many years ago through a legal marketing association. I’d seen Clockwork Design Group, Inc’s name as the creative agency for many Boston law firms. I eventually decided to give Clockwork Design Group, Inc a chance with a client party invitation. The process ran smoothly, and the creative was fresh and fun. I continued to give them any type of creative project that came to my desk without hesitation.

I didn’t consider any other companies. I’d been working with the same agency for many years, and their products and ideas were becoming stagnant and boring. Vanessa did an incredible job on our first project, so I continued working with her. It was a fluid working relationship.

We started working with Clockwork Design Group, Inc in December 2013. My company had a merger in December 2018, which put our collaboration on halt. As soon as I get some appropriate work, I’ll no doubt go to Clockwork Design Group, Inc again.

We’ve won some awards for their work. This speaks volumes for the success of what they’ve done for us.

We tried to keep our Thanksgiving e-cards fresh every year, in terms of theme, imagery, and music. People have loved them. Clockwork Design Group, Inc managed to find a different concept every year and keep it fresh.

The website was so well done that my new firm expressed regret about it being taken offline after the merger. Clockwork Design Group, Inc did a fantastic job.

They were incredible. I never had to worry with Clockwork Design Group, Inc. I gave them a project, we discussed it for a few minutes on the phone, and they took care of it. I never had to go back to them about missed items. They were extremely client-oriented, responsive, and punctual with their promised timelines. I received responses within minutes. I also like that they challenged my ideas and suggested the best creative ways to go about a project. They’re truly an amazing team creatively and in terms of service management.

The website was a long project, and they provided timelines six months in advance. Everything was done before the due date. They typically overestimated durations and were sensitive to delivering what they promised. The website project lasted for about a year, and we had constant back-and-forth communication.

For smaller projects, I let them run with the work until they had a question or material for me to review. We were typically in touch five times per project.

It’s their ability to continually come up with fresh content and ideas on yearly projects. This applies both for my client party invitations, which are the first things a client sees to entice them to come to the party, and for the holiday e-cards we did every year.

I was always direct and honest about what worked and didn’t work for us, and that guided them on what to present to me creatively.

Overall Score They provided fresh creative, great responsiveness, and wonderful client service. They always listened to me and delivered accordingly.
    They always met or exceeded their deliverable deadlines.
    I can’t compare them to anyone else, but the quality has always been high.
    The quality has been outstanding year after year—very creative and fresh.
    I’ve had zero issues with them over the five years.

Print Advertisements for Legal Firm

“They always deliver a high-quality product that’s well-received and appreciated.”

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

Over the years, Clockwork Design Group, Inc has created several print ads to promote legal services. They’re now assisting with a branding campaign, surveying key stakeholders and presenting their results.

Director of Business Development, Law Firm

Internal teams have lauded Clockwork Design Group, Inc for their creative talent and speedy delivery. They take a methodical approach, working closely with decision makers to tailor to their needs. Keeping their suggestions consistent with the creative brief allows them to avoid unnecessary delays.

I’m the director of marketing and business development for a regional law firm with over 300 attorneys.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

We initially reached out to Clockwork Design Group, Inc for ad work and redesign of some of our marketing materials. At the time, we were doing all of our ad work internally and we wanted to upgrade our advertising efforts with an external perspective. We’ve since continued to work with them on ads and have expanded their role to develop and support branding as well.

Clockwork Design Group, Inc has completed various print ads for us over the years. One of the most notable ads linked our Florida and Connecticut offices.  Because many people in Connecticut either summer or retire in Florida, we wanted to make the connection between our two offices and we wanted an ad to make that connection.

Their team first met with members of our marketing department, CMO, and myself to go over our requirements. We gave Vanessa (President & Creative Director, Clockwork Design Group, Inc) a lot of background on our business, and then she developed 10 mock-ups for us to review.

After we selected 3–4 options, she held a conference call with the attorneys who were the key decision makers. Vanessa worked closely with the two lead attorneys, walking the attorneys through each option to explain which ones she thought would work best. She then helped refine the language and messaging until the piece was ready for publication. The attorneys were very happy with the result.

Recently, we asked Clockwork to develop an ad for our Boston office under a very tight deadline. Again, Clockwork worked closely with the attorneys to get their feedback and insight and once again they produced 10 mock-ups of ads to show marketing and the attorneys. Despite the short timeframe, Clockwork worked with the attorneys to select an ad, tweak the language and produced a great ad right on schedule.

Clockwork Design Group, Inc also developed our branding campaign. They conducted surveys and produced a detailed report on the results, recommendations, next steps and messages that were presented to the Firm’s leadership and partnership and then to all associates and staff.

We’ve worked with about four members of the Clockwork team. I’m particularly impressed with Vanessa’s performance. She is a very good listener.  And, she has a great way of taking all the different opinions and producing examples of ads that really resonate with the attorneys.  She is able to guide and explain every concept about the ads.  She is always pleasant and calm but she makes sure that she is guiding the attorneys towards the right ad and in the right direction.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

They’re a well-known agency in Boston that supports local firms, including firms that I know, we see their work everywhere.  They are also very dedicated sponsors of the local and national Legal Marketing Association (LMA).

We completed the CT and Boston ad projects and we are at still working on the Brand project.  One, of the reasons we turned to them for the branding project was because of the quality of the work they had done for us for the ads.  We knew they would do a great job developing the basis for our rebrand—and they did.

All of the attorneys that have interacted with Clockwork Design Group, Inc are happy with them and their deliverables. They’ve managed to satisfy attorneys who have notoriously high standards with their work product.  We like the Boston ad so much that we are going to have a copy of it in our reception area. As for their branding services, their survey and presentations have been very helpful. Both have given us a firmer sense of where things stood within the firm.

They manage projects very well. They listen—they deliver.  The team is professional, calm, and accommodating. On top of that, their work product is excellent and they get things done no matter how tight the timeline.

I’m impressed with the team’s creative restraint. Unlike other agencies that try to needlessly show off their skills and creativity, Clockwork Design Group, Inc is wise enough to know when a concept is too far “out there” for their client. There have been times when they have had additional concepts for ads, but they have chosen not to share those ads because they knew those ads, although clever and interesting, would have been “too much” for the attorneys and it would’ve caused unnecessary delays in the decision-making process. They provide creative ideas for the audience they are working with and their goal is to deliver a product that pushes the comfort level a little—but overall is well received. There work is always of a very high caliber.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score I have nothing but good things to say about them. They understand their clients, do good work, and are pleasant to collaborate with.
    They've never missed a deadline.
    It's money well spent, but I can't really compare their costs with other agencies.
    I’d definitely recommend them and have done so in the past.

WordPress Design, Branding, & Logo for Law Firm

“They never stop until we’re satisfied, and they’re incredibly helpful.”

June 2014 - Ongoing

Clockwork Design Group, Inc redesigned a WordPress site for a regional law firm. They assisted with new brand materials and site content, and they continue to direct photo shoots for scrolling case studies.

Toni Bianco
Marketing Manager, Adler Pollock & Sheehan

The site redesign won an award with the Legal Marketing Association and attracts important clients. Clockwork Design Group, Inc is responsive and communicative, and they are diligent problem solvers.

I’m the marketing director for a full-service law firm with several offices across New England.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

We needed help to refresh our website, which hadn’t been updated in several years.

We settled on a WordPress site. We redesigned the entire thing, which included redoing bios, practice groups, and all of our firm photos. All the content needed to be rewritten and redesigned; they also assisted with brand materials, including a new logo.

Our homepage consists of scrolling case studies, which change every 18–24 months. They help us with photo shoots for those case studies. They direct everything and work with us to give us what we need. I still work with them frequently, and we just went live with some new improvements.

We worked with a team of four.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

We sent out an RFP and got about 10–12 responses. We interviewed four firms but had the best rapport with Clockwork. They also matched our budgetary needs, so we decided to work with them for the redesign.

We first started communicating in spring 2014, and we launched the site in fall 2015. We’ve since worked with them on a project basis for photo shoots and other needs.

We won the Legal Marketing Association Northeast’s award for the website redesign and brought in a significant client with our scrolling case studies. The site really demonstrates how we solve our clients’ problems and is an important part of our image.

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. They're amazingly responsive, and they exceeded all our expectations. We communicated constantly throughout the build.

Their responsiveness is excellent. If I ever have an issue, they will email back and forth until the problem is solved. They never stop until we’re satisfied, and they’re incredibly helpful.

I don’t have any recommendations for improvements.

There are a lot of other companies out there, but they were the right fit for us. Consider all your needs, but Clockwork is an excellent choice.

Overall Score We have an excellent relationship with them.
    We had a principal point of contact who does all the scheduling. She was very helpful and kept us on track.
    Compared to the other agencies we interviewed, they fit best within our budget.
    They exceeded our expectations for this redesign, and they’re wonderful to work with.
    I'm very likely to recommend them and refer them frequently.

WordPress Web Design & Marketing for Law Firm

“Their ability to understand the client and deliver a brand that truly reflects that impressed me.”

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Clockwork Design Group developed a brand and integrated the new identity into marketing materials and a WordPress website. The platform is mobile-friendly and features printable attorney profiles in PDF.

Newton, Massachusetts
Christos Viores
COO, Ligris + Associates, P.C.

Clockwork Design Group’s site garners positive user feedback and brought national attention in competition. The branding is unique and far superior to the firm’s competition. The team is thorough in their investigation and proactive and orderly in their communications, making them easy to work with.

I’m the COO and an equity partner of Ligris + Associates, P.C.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group?

We wanted to build a website that was more commensurate with our business and clientele. We were looking for a brand and image. We hadn’t worked with anyone previously to develop our branding or marketing pieces. We engaged Clockwork Design Group to create the look and feel of what we were about on the website and other marketing materials.

Three of Clockwork Design Group’s designers interviewed our CEO and me. They asked us about our culture, background, and core values. That in-depth meeting took two and a half hours. Then, they walked around and observed the dynamic of our employees, our furniture, and design to get a sense of what we were like.

A month later, we had another meeting, and they reiterated what they’d taken from our meeting to make sure everything was in line. Then, they pitched us four options from more traditional to fresher looks. We picked one that we liked, which was the one they were leaning toward as well.

The next stage involved telling them the specifics of what we wanted from the website and what types of marketing materials we were using. We wanted a mobile-friendly website, and we wanted attorney profile pages to be downloadable in PDF format to make them printable. We also discussed adding general information about the types of law we practice. The marketing materials we discussed were folders, pamphlets, and tri-folds, and Clockwork Design Group gave us their input based on their experience with some bigger law firms in the city.

They came back two weeks later with website templates with text placeholders. We approved their work and provided the text for those templates. They used a copywriter to clean up the text we provided and put it in place. The next stage was to do photo shoots with all the attorneys and Clockwork Design Group synced those with the website as well.

Finally, they showed us how to update the website ourselves through the WordPress CMS.

I worked with three designers and one technical expert from their team. We communicated once or twice a week.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group?

We knew of Clockwork Design Group because of their past work, and we were also introduced to them. We were impressed by some of the websites that they made so we reached out to them.

The total cost so far has been $103,000.

We started working with Clockwork Design Group in September 2015, and the relationship is ongoing. The site was developed in around nine months.

In our line of work, we get referred business from real estate agents, mortgage bankers, banks, and lenders. Usually, they give two names. Then, the consumer goes online and looks up both referrals. I can say with 100% confidence that, when that happens, we always win. The website’s look and feel, professionalism, and freshness are far superior to any of our competitors’ sites. It’s not a cookie cutter law firm website with a scale of justice; it’s clean, fresh, modern, and it never has any stability issues.

The design option we decided on was radical and completely different from what we’d seen. It ended up creating a buzz that we didn’t think we would get. I hear feedback 3–4 times per month about how impressive the site is. We came in second place in a national advertising competition that featured our website.

How did Clockwork Design Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re unbelievable. They use a documented, scientific process to lay out the work. Once we picked a design and brand, they made a detailed proposal to break down each step along the way, how long those would take, what they involve, and with whom we work. It was well defined from the beginning with milestones and a payment schedule. It was extremely impressive.

I have to mention their project management and creative design. Clockwork Design Group made a brand for us which we never would’ve imagined. We didn’t want to be a typical real estate law firm. We believe in staying fresh with cutting edge technology, and Clockwork Design Group was able to create a look that told that story for us. The site is colorful, fresh, green, and modern. Their ability to understand the client and deliver a brand that truly reflects that impressed me.

No, they delivered what they said they would, and their customer service is fantastic.

Someone looking for a rebranding of their image shouldn’t expect it to be done in a month or two. I recommend working with the team I worked with, which was headed by Vanessa (Creative Director and Owner, Clockwork Design Group). They know what they’re doing, so tell them what you want and trust them to do what they do best.

They do their research, and they let us know their timeline in advance.
    They’re not the least expensive. They provide professional, customized websites, and we paid for that.
    They’re readily accessible by phone and email. They laid out expectations ahead of time for the deliverables, and they stuck to those.
    I would heavily recommend them to someone with similar goals, and I have. I wouldn’t recommend them for a quick website for a small business.

Web Design for Wealth Management Company

“They ended up being a really great find. They were wonderful from the beginning.”

Oct. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Clockwork redesigned a financial services website using a custom WordPress template. The new site enables its owners to make their own changes and features SEO and Print to PDF functionality for users.

Houston, Texas
Client Relationships, Wealth Management Company

In comparison with the old site, the new site offers more functionality and visual appeal and aligns better with the business it represents. Clockwork’s team excelled in effective project management. They applied their expertise to guide the process, delivering high-quality service and results.

I work for a financial organization. I’m in the client services group and I supervise all of our marketing efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

We underwent a rebranding late last year and planned to work with a web design agency through our branding firm. It turned out that the agency didn’t have much experience working with service firms like ours nor with creating the type of website that we wanted.

They redesigned our website, which is a custom WordPress template. We’re in an industry that’s heavily regulated, and Clockwork Design Group had a lot of experience with that. They made sure we had a good website but one that didn’t have too many features. We wanted a seamless Print to PDF functionality for a lot of our pages, and they developed that really easily. We also wanted a simplified backend. With our old website, we had to enlist the webmaster to do updates. With the new product that Clockwork Design Group provided, I’m able to do all the updates myself. They helped us save money because now we’re not outsourcing that function to a third party. The website template has SEO and design functionality streamlined within it. I can update it without worrying about modifying that.

In the planning stages, we talked with their president/creative director and an account manager. In the execution stage, I talked with their CEO/production director. Overall, we all kept in contact throughout the process. They funneled the work to the developers and the design group.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc?

I come from a legal background, and Clockwork Design Group was one of the top web development agencies recommended for law firms. They’ve won awards for web design from the Legal Marketing Association. They had exactly the background and knowledge needed to build the site that we wanted. I contacted them and they responded very promptly.

We worked together from October 2017–March 2018.

They ended up being a really great find. They were wonderful from the beginning. They were very prompt, listened to what we needed, and offered insightful suggestions for our needs based on their knowledge. My company was new to the web design process and they guided us very well in creating a website that addresses everything that we needed. They also left room for us to expand in the future.

Everybody loves the new site. It was very well received by employees, board members, and clients. I’ve met with various contacts in the PR industry and they felt the website was done very well, too.

The site’s functionality is 10 times better than our old one. It better explains our business, and it’s more visually appealing. The tone was right on point.

Throughout the process, they all stayed updated on what was happening. When one went on vacation, another was able to seamlessly step in and keep us running. That also meant that I didn’t have to give instructions to their developers or the design group. They did all of the project management themselves. It was very helpful to have one main point of contact for getting things done.

They were very good at keeping their deadlines and managing expectations. There was a point where we were dealing with a lot of year-end details, and they were very understanding. They touched base regularly so when we were ready to move forward again, they were too. From the project management standpoint, they were excellent.

Above and beyond the quality of services they provided, everyone I interacted with was extremely nice and helpful. They were very thorough in getting answers. If they didn’t have answers, they’d get them. They were very congenial to work with. We’d be happy to work with them again, and we definitely recommend them.

The only area is to keep refining the custom template that they used with us. They typically work with law firms, consulting firms, and architectural companies, and we were one of the few financial services companies they’ve worked with. There learned some lessons working with a different type of company, but they picked up on things really quickly. I’m sure they will integrate what they’ve learned into their system going forward.

Web Design & Branding for Small Law Firm

“They like to collaborate with their clients, and I felt I was a big part of the design process.”

Jan. 2017 - Dec. 2017

The firm needed to modernize the look-and-feel of their brand. Clockwork rebranded the firm’s identity, redesigned the website, and created new business cards with the new look.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Jennifer Irvine
Director of Marketing & Business Development, Bowditch & Dewey

All key constituents love the look and products Clockwork created. The website is easy to navigate, with each page accessible by only one click, and the business cards reinforce the new, modern image. Clockwork is an exceptional partner, delivering responsive communication and industry expertise.

I’m the director of marketing and business development for the law firm Bowditch & Dewey.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group, Inc.?

There are only three of us working with 60 attorneys, so we needed an extension of our small department. We wanted to outsource design services for rebranding and a new website.

They redesigned and modernized our website and the look-and-feel of our identity. Being a 104-year-old firm, we didn’t want an old and stodgy identity. We asked them to create something young with gravitas. We wanted a competitive, easy-to-use website. They also redesigned our stationary.

We worked with Vanessa, who is the President & Creative Director, and the entire clockwork team. They managed additional professionals on the project, such as copywriters and programmers.

How did you come to work with Clockwork Design Group, Inc.?

I met Vanessa (President and Creative Director, Clockwork Design Group, Inc.) at a conference close to 15 years ago. I used them at different firms for different projects. This is the second time I’ve used them for a rebranding.

We spent $50,000–$100,000.

We worked together from January–December 2017.

The attorneys are overwhelmingly pleased with the website. The executive director sees it as one of our most successful projects last year. My marketing manager finds the CMS they built the website on as fairly simple to use. The website is much easier for people to use and to navigate through. It’s much broader with a lot more pages, and you can get to every page within one click, which was part of the goal. We receive frequent feedback from clients saying that they love it.

They also designed really cool business cards for us. The attorneys get a lot of feedback on how hip, cool, and modern they are. They help us reinforce what kind of law firm we are today. This has been a really successful project.

How did Clockwork Design Group, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They met all their deadlines, and they’re extremely responsive. They asked us to include their whole team on our requests. Then, someone on the team responded within 20 minutes almost every time. Our project manager was very good; every time I asked for something, she sent out an updated timeline. Mike (CEO and Production Director, Clockwork Design Group, Inc.) was also extremely responsive to every question that we asked. One of our primary designers was our main point of contact at all times.

They like to collaborate with their clients, and I felt I was a big part of the design process. The project went really well.

Vanessa is really good with the lawyers. She knows the industry really well, and she can answer any questions. She anticipates their questions, and she’s a great person to have in a room full of lawyers who are skeptical about a website project.

You can’t plan too much before you get started. It pays to speak with all of the people who care about the project and to show them what you’re doing every step of the way, one on one. Every time we designed a home page or an internal page, I made sure that people either loved it or didn’t hate it. It paid off in the end.

Overall Score We had a great experience.

Web Design & Marketing for Construction Management Company

"We've built a great relationship with them... ."

Over the course of five years, Clockwork Design has redesigned a website twice, overseeing the creative and the development side. In addition, they created marketing materials and a brochure.

Allston, Massachusetts
Adria Ferregamo
VP Marketing, G. Greene Construction

The internal team loves the new design. Invested in building a trustworthy and positive relationship, they provide exceptional customer service, while their personable approach and expertise make them a go-to web development partner.

I'm the VP of business development and marketing at G. Greene Construction. We renovate and construct new buildings in Boston and surrounding areas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwork Design Group?

We first reached out to Clockwork Design about five years ago when we needed to redesign our website. We were using a different company at that time, but we were not entirely satisfied, so we were looking for a new vendor.

They're redesigning our website (our first redesign project was five years ago and now they're working on the second one). We had a number of meetings and discussed our ideas and things that need to be updated or changed. Our old website had some bugs because the software was outdated, so they're updating the software as well. They also developed our brochure and marketing materials and created the invitations for our 50th anniversary gala.

We mostly work with Vanessa (Schaefer, President and Creative Director, Clockwork Design Group), who is in charge of the creative side and Mike (Fleischner, CEO and Production Director, Clockwork Design Group), who handles the development side.

How did you come to work with them?

We found them through an online search. After we had a meeting with Vanessa and Mike, both of whom were very nice, we chose them for our project.

We've spent about $40,000. They're not the most expensive, but their prices are definitely competitive.

The project started in January 2018 and we're still working on it.

We like the design they've come up with and we're planning to launch the site in early April.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They deliver everything on time and we haven't had any issues with them.

They're very pleasant to work with. We've built a great relationship with them over the years and like their reasonable and rational approach. They work quickly and don't charge us for smaller things, which is something we do for our clients as well.

I can't think of anything.

Gold