Web and Mobile Apps Development Company

Clockwise is a custom development company based in Ukraine offering consulting, software development and support services.

We develop beautiful and usable multiplatform applications for startups and businesses of all sizes. We excel in SaaS, GIS, online marketplaces, logistics solutions as well as order and inventory management systems.

Dnipro, Ukraine
  • Dnipro 49000
    Ukraine

Eventbrite, SegmentAI, Knocking, KP Technology GmbH

Custom Software Development for IT Software Company

“They are very professional, adhere to deadlines, and do very well with weekly and biweekly sprints.”

Oct. 2017 - April 2018

Clockwise Software collaborated on a healthcare server infrastructure project with an IT software developer. Major technologies for this project included PHP for the backend and AngularJS for the frontend.

Germany
CEO, IT Software Company

Though the system requirements evolved throughout the project, Clockwise Software managed sprints well and accommodated the changing scope. Their project manager was almost constantly available, and their workflow and communication were beyond satisfactory.

My company is an IT software company based in Germany. We build products for different clients in automotive, healthcare, and security sectors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwise Software?

We were contracted to build custom software for a client in the health industry. I worked with Clockwise on two or three other projects, so I contacted them to see if they would like to participate in this project.

We worked together on some very difficult server infrastructure, which combined three different elements from separate locations. The major task was to connect those three servers through their environments. Clockwise primarily used PHP on the backend and AngularJS on the frontend.

They provided five team members for this project. A project manager oversaw two backend developers, one frontend developer, and a test engineer.

How did you come to work with Clockwise Software?

I've known them for around three years. I first found them on Upwork, and we initially hired them for a small project. Once they proved their efficacy, we continued on to other tasks. This was the biggest project we've worked on together.

We've spent around $100,000 USD on this project, give or take.

We started work in October 2017 and the bulk of the project took place between November 2017–April 2018. After that, the client added new features, so we continued with two- and four-week sprints. The project is 99% complete and was delivered to the client.

The client is pleased with the results. Clockwise completed the project on time and within the agreed upon budget. The impacts of the project are all positive.

How did Clockwise Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was very good. We had weekly meetings where we reviewed the previous sprint and our goals for the coming week. Our project manager was available almost 24/7 if I had any questions or issues. It was very agile development, and having the project manager oversee the four developers was very useful. We mostly communicated through Slack, and we used Jira for issue management and tracking.

They are very professional, adhere to deadlines, and do very well with weekly and biweekly sprints. I'm very happy with them.

I don’t have any improvements or suggestions for them. This became a long-term project, as the client kept making changes. They adjusted quickly to all the changing requirements and I can't say anything negative about their workflow.

In general, it's a good idea to give as many details as possible to get a realistic scope and an accurate quote ahead of time.

Overall Score I've worked with them for three years and am very pleased with the collaboration.

Responsive Web App Dev for Greeting e-Card Platform

"The efficiency of the code and responsiveness of the entire system stood out to us and our users."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Clockwise Software provided frontend graphic design and backend code development, creating a more user-friendly site. Their continuous improvement on the UX has resulted in a responsive and reliable system.

Ignacio Doncel
Founder, Wishyoo

Despite a large time difference, Clockwise Software was incredibly responsive to questions and worked after hours to ensure availability. They had flexible project management, effective coding and design, and thorough testing.

I’m the founder and CEO of Wishyoo. We are a greeting e-card platform that enables companies and individuals to build and send electronic cards that include handwritten and/or voice messages.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwise Software?

We needed to improve our UX by changing the website design and making it more engaging.

Clockwise Software had to restructure the backend of our already established platform through code development. Through coding and testing, they made sure that all of the functionality was intuitive for users and had a workflow that was easy to understand.

For the frontend development, they redesigned the site to make sure it was eye-popping and appealing. They were able to provide us with an outside perspective on how users interact with the site, and from there develop a plan and take the steps to improve user engagement.

We began with small steps toward making the site user-friendly for people accessing it through their desktop or mobile device. From there, we continued to make changes to improve the design, functionality, and overall user satisfaction. At this point, we have a complete product and are making progress with continuous improvement.

We worked with a team of 4–6 people, which included two project managers, the CEO, a frontend and a backend developer, and then developers with a more focused skill set.

How did you come to work with Clockwise Software?

We found them on Upwork and were impressed with their reviews. Almost 100% of their reviews were positive, and upon talking with people that had worked with them in the past, we decided to slowly bring them onto the project. They showed us that they could work well with our code and platform, so we gradually increased their responsibility on the project.

We’ve spent $60,000–$70,000.

We began working together in November 2017, and the work is ongoing.

The efficiency of the code and responsiveness of the entire system stood out to us and our users. The system and code resources work between the CPU and mobile devices very well.

We were especially happy with the results of our concurrency testing. We tested the system against 5,000 users at one time, and stress tested specific parts of the mobile responses, and there was no system lag time.

How did Clockwise Software perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was always available to us and quickly answered our questions. The two project managers especially stood out, because they managed their hours so that they were working during our mornings, which were after hours for them.

We generally communicated over Slack. In addition to that, we required them to use our project management system, which they were not familiar with; however, they were flexible and quickly learned. They were effective communicators and learned our tools so that we could report and communicate efficiently.

I was most impressed with their professionalism, availability, and effectiveness. They provided us with daily deliverables, responded to our requests quickly—despite a large time difference—and understood exactly what we were trying to deliver to our users.

We’ve been very satisfied with their work, so it’s difficult to think of anything. The only thing I could want is more deliverables in a day, but I think any project manager would say that and it’s not a critique of their work.

Mobile App Dev for Software Development Company

"I’m very pleased with the quality of the work we’ve done together."

Aug. 2016 - Feb. 2018

Clockwise Software is developing four mobile applications. They provide quality assurance testing, automated testing and React, Redux, Redux-Saga and Node.js implementations.

Denver, Colorado
CEO, Software Development Company

Two of the applications have 100% code coverage and branch coverage. Another app has 99.4% code coverage. Clockwise Software is dedicated to continually elevating the quality of both their work and service with team training and supplementary coursework.

I own a company that develops software for roll-off dumpsters.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clockwise Software?

I needed a larger development team to help expand my company.

Clockwise Software is helping me develop four mobile applications. While I have my own designer to handle design work for the apps, Clockwise provides me with a variety of software development services, including quality assurance testing, automated testing, and implementations with React, Redux, Redux-Saga, and Node.js.

One of the projects they’ve partnered with me to develop is a mobile application that integrates web-based dispatching software. It tracks the inventory of a dispatcher as they move through their workflow, preventing them from moving forward to the next step until the inventory is properly accounted for. We intend to further integrate the app with a lot of multi-tendency functionalities that will allow a single dispatcher to work across four different hauling companies simultaneously.

There are about four to five developers working with me. I was heavily involved in their selection.

How did you come to work with Clockwise Software?

I was looking for a firm that could source talent for me. I also wanted to be able to negotiate arrangements that allowed the same developers to work with me on something similar to a salary basis, despite it being an independent contractor relationship.

I found Clockwise Software through an online ad, though I’m not sure the source. The CEO and I were able to agree upon an arrangement that best suits what I was looking for, so I decided to partner with them.

We invested about $150,000 so far.

We started partnering together in November 2016. The engagement has been paused temporarily because I’m currently fundraising for my project. Once I’ve finished that, I intend to continue working with them.

I designed a workflow similar to a Kanban-scrum structure that tracks and tests all of our tasks. Two of the applications we’re working on, which have approximately 1200 automated tests, earned 100% code coverage and 100% branch coverage. Another app we’ve worked on with Clockwise Software has 99.4% code coverage. I’m very pleased with the quality of the work we’ve done together.

How did Clockwise Software perform from a project management standpoint?

I like to drive a project, especially when I’m working with a smaller team like Clockwise, so I essentially serve as project lead for them. We have a video conference call every morning for about an hour. We also use Talky, a free WebRTC online tool, to do screen shares, discuss the day’s tickets, and review code together.

The fact that Clockwise’s CEO has spent as much time and effort in training, personal improvement and quality assurance for his team as I do is something I consider very valuable. For example, the CEO sends his team to English courses to ensure they can clearly communicate with customers in the U.S.

I was pleased with everything overall. They did a great job sourcing the right developers for me.

Structure your contracts with them so they’re incentivized to achieve. For example, paying them monthly created a more stable pay cycle and allowed them to focus their attention on quality, as opposed to how many hours each developer is allocated.

I’ve also found that hiring an external project manager isn’t as effective as hiring an on-site project manager who has an entrenched understanding of the requirements and expectations of the project. If the project manager isn’t actively involved in the development process, the result won’t be as good.

Overall Score I am very happy with everything overall.

Web Dev for Creative Agency

"I will probably work with them again."

Clockwise Software provided a developer and a project manager to handle the development of a static website built on Vue.js.

Zurich, Switzerland
Romain Allemann
Interaction Designer, JLS Digital

Clockwise Software’s programming is great resulting in a website that runs perfectly. Their team is not only professional and precise but also really friendly and quick to deliver high-quality work.

We are a creative agency based in Switzerland and handle digital communication, digital signage, web and app development, and user interface/user experience design.

For what projects/services did your company hire Clockwise Software?

We needed help with the development of our agency website. We wanted a static side based on Vue.js.

Our main goals was to have a quick and clean implementation of the website.

We searched on Upwork for developers that could code with Vue.js. We interviewed them and asked some technical questions to be sure that they would able to deliver.

They handled the development of our website and everything is based on JSON [JavaScript Object Notation]. We had a daily call that helped us be aware of what they were doing; we also organized a Slack channel and a Trello board.

Explain how the solution addressed your business challenge.

It’s really great to have a nice website that allows us to advertise ourselves as a dynamic company to work with.

They provided a project manager and a developer. Our team had a designer and an internal project manager as well.

They’re an amazing and very professional team that delivered high-quality work on time. They created a static generated website with Vue.JS combines with Next.js and it works perfectly. It’s really well programmed and I will probably work with them again.

How effective was the project management?

Project management was very good. We used Trello and had daily calls.

They were precise, quick, and friendly.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

They should keep their quality standards.

PHP MP3 Dev for Software Development Company

"[They] asked the right questions to get a deeper understanding of the requirements."

3 months

Clockwise Software completed B2B MVP software development when another team failed to build a viable product. The team worked to quickly stabilize the product, then added new features and customization.

Stuttgart, Germany
Raif Kablaoui
CEO, KP Technology GmbH

They were able to quickly stabilize the project by asking the right questions for development and facilitating communication. The team used weekly sprints to ensure they understood the requirements, and ultimately built a high-quality product.

I am the CEO of a software development firm providing services to clients who need high-quality custom software solutions to run their daily business.

For what reason(s) did your company hire Clockwise Software?

After unsuccessfully developing an MVP with another company, I hired Clockwise Software to get the project back on track.

We wanted to have a solid MVP completed on time and within budget.

I scheduled a call with Clockwise Software and I quickly noticed that they understood the task and asked the right questions to get a deeper understanding of my requirements.

Initially, Clockwise Software focused on making the original MVP stable, which the previous company had failed to do. After that, we worked in weekly sprints to add new features and quickly finish a perfect solution for my clients.

Clockwise Software provided a project manager, a lead developer, and a test engineer to make sure everything ran smoothly.

The project was for internal client use only, so the software doesn't deliver public facing results. They were successful at getting the project back on track.

Our workflow has been highly effective. Communication was no problem at any time and our weekly sprints helped to make sure we were always on the same page.

Their quick understanding of my requirements and the high quality of the final product. I've been very satisfied with our overall progress on the project.

Overall Score It was a pleasure working with Clockwise team and I will certainly continue our relationship. The team is highly professional.
    Running our weekly meetings was no issue at all.
    The costs were transparent and fair at all times.
    The quality of the code is very high and was well tested.
    I'm highly likely to refer them, and I'll continue working with them in the future.