Performance Marketing

ClientFlo Media is an award-winning performance marketing agency based out of Toronto. We manage over 200 clients across Canada and the US and over $2M in ad spend. We work with a range of clients including small businesses, professional services, national brands and franchises.

ClientFlo is a data-driven company that puts performance and results for clients above anything else. We pride ourselves on operating our business like a large-scale agency, but providing our clients with a “small/boutique agency” feel.

Toronto, Canada

Lead Generation Campaign for Plumbing Business

"ClientFlo has done an amazing job of getting me clients every day."

2013 - Ongoing

ClientFlo manages PPC and organic lead campaigns to attract new customer interest, updating the website with contact forms and call/email buttons and adjusting keywords as needed.

Ontario, Canada
Lorenzo Wright
Owner, Prompt Plumbing

Unique inquiry calls rose to 400 per month once ClientFlo joined the team, increasing revenue enough to allow the acquisition of new staff members and service vehicles. ClientFlo’s consistent availability, attentiveness, and quick results continue to open new opportunities.

I’m the owner of Prompt Plumbing and Drainage, a plumbing company with 24-hour emergency service.

What challenge were you trying to address with ClientFlo?

We wanted to gain more customers who needed emergency services. I reached out to ClientFlo, and they told me exactly what the process was for organic leads and PPC [pay-per-click]. They said the organic part was going to take a little bit more time in regard to saving money in the future. For PPC, ClientFlo could get me started within the month. ClientFlo has done an amazing job of getting me clients every day. This was the first time I had worked with a company for my ads. Previously, I just did free ads and didn’t want to spend the money on PPC. I’m not a technical person, but ClientFlo helped me understand exactly where the money is going and how it’s working.

One of their guys sat down with me at my office, which surprised me. He showed me their strategies with my own computer and set up their system. He made me understand how everything works through the internet and through marketing. I had no clue about that previously. They let me know exactly where my money is going. Within a few weeks, I saw results.

ClientFlo did everything for my website. The old version didn’t really explain my experience or the company that well. ClientFlo built call and email buttons and all the forms for people to leave responses. I realized that the market has changed compared to the way I started, which was through the Yellow Pages. Today, everything targets the internet and phone apps. ClientFlo set up everything that I can think of in regard to marketing and stuff. They are always calling me with different ideas and trying different tactics to get those calls. Whatever they are doing is really working.

They also helped with content and pictures on the site. If you look at my website, you actually see images of me as the owner, rather than just stock photos of other plumbing companies. I get a lot of responses from customers, especially if I show up to a job and they recognize me from the website. Sometimes that’s good, but sometimes it’s not because often people ask for discounts when they find out I’m the owner.

We worked on keywords together. Before, I was using “emergency services,” which could mean an ambulance, so they explained that I needed to be more specific.

How did you come to work with ClientFlo?

They gave me a courtesy call and asked to meet with me. They explained everything in person. They had nothing to hide in regard to the way they work. In the beginning, it was a test run for me because I wasn’t sure about the marketing aspects. I’ve heard of other companies that were way overpriced for what I was looking for, which concerned me. When ClientFlo reached out to me, they weren’t worried about my money. They were worried about helping me save money so that way I could trust them and build a relationship.

How much have you invested with ClientFlo?

I pay less than $400 per month for their service.

We started working together in 2013, and the work is ongoing.

We started with a lower budget, and I noticed results immediately. Before the end of the first month, I asked ClientFlo to boost the budget a little bit to gain more momentum. I started this company single-handedly, and now I have 2 other people working for me with 2 other trucks on the road. We’re possibly adding a third truck soon.

Every month, my bookkeeper goes over what we made, and it has steadily increased to the highest figure we’ve ever hit a few months ago. Within a month, I now get 300–400 unique calls. I was only getting 50 when I was doing ads myself. Now, I have someone answering my phone and other licensed plumbers working for us.

I’m impressed that ClientFlo hasn’t raised their prices on us, even after knowing that we’ve made a lot more since starting with them. They are professional and have great customer service. I asked them to call me once every few months, but they call me every month just to make sure that I am content with their service. If I’m not getting calls, we come up with different ideas. We had a few slower months in the winter of 2015 where I got a little bit nervous. They were still making me money and getting calls, but for some reason, the interest just slowed down. I got a little panicky, but they reassured me and boosted the Google spend. I was back in business within a couple of weeks.

I’ve gotten good feedback from customers. Our site is more personable compared to everybody else. My picture on the site is a big thing. For some reason, people just like knowing who I am, especially when I’m the one who shows up. I’ve changed my way of thinking about marketing because of ClientFlo. Marketing is vital for anything you do. That being said, I also believe in service. If there is a problem or something that a customer needs, we attend to it, and ClientFlo does the same for us. I respect these guys for what they do and how they do it. They are consistent and on top of our needs. I won’t look for anybody else for marketing because they’ve done everything they can to help my business grow.

How did ClientFlo perform from a project management standpoint?

If you get good service, you always go back. They take care of you, and their service is great. They are happy to know that I am succeeding. We communicate mostly by phone. They even call in the evening if they see I’ve had a slow day or a busy day. They’re very attentive.

What did you find most impressive about ClientFlo?

Their pricing and level of service are really impressive. In the beginning, spending $400–$500 a month on marketing was unheard of. That’s why I was hesitant because I didn’t have to pay too much for their work. We get a lot of organic calls that I’m not getting charged for, which is great. The search engine optimization is really working. People are recognizing me, and that is important.

Are there any areas ClientFlo could improve?

I think they need to market themselves a bit more. Whenever I hear that someone needs marketing, I always recommend ClientFlo. I think they’re worth the money.

Overall Score It has been phenomenal. They’re always available, and they call me more then I call them.
    Sometimes, my schedule doesn’t match theirs since I offer 24-hour service. But, they are attentive and flexible. They call me and meet with me after hours if I need.
    I searched through a couple of marketing companies a while ago, and no one can compete with them.
    They’ve brought so many customers my way. They are just unstoppable.
    I’ve recommended ClientFlo to many people.

Paid Advertising Campaign for E-Commerce Site

"The bottom line is that our business has doubled and is continuing on an upward trend, which I’m happy about."

May 2016 - Ongoing

ClientFlo is an ongoing marketing partner, providing PPC for an e-commerce website. Additionally, they’ve made the website more user-friendly and set up an email marketing system.

Toronto, Canada
Operations Manager, Pure Filters

ClientFlo’s work has lowered ad expenses and doubled the revenue and client base year over year, with 99% of ratings on Google Reviews being 5-star. Continuous improvement, consistent communication (including weekly stat reports), and a personalized approach are among their strengths.

I am the operations manager and our company has an e-commerce website that sells air-quality parts such as furnace filters. We do business in Canada and the U.S. Our headquarters are in Toronto and we have a team of 10–15 employees. I handle a bit of everything — from marketing to operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with ClientFlo?

We needed to get our name out there through paid advertising. We wanted to show up on Google Shopping and have our products on the front page for every type of listing we offer. We had worked with a few digital agencies, but it had been hit-or-miss for the most part.

Initially, ClientFlo consulted us on what the right direction for the company would be. We had an idea of what we were selling and what keywords we needed to target, but there was a collaborative process. ClientFlo brought different perspectives into the work — we tried different approaches and homed in on what worked. We then hired them for pay-per-click marketing, after which our business took off, expanding into the U.S. market.

ClientFlo has also spruced up our website, making it more user-friendly. People can now search by size, model, brand, level of efficiency, and so on.

We started to become very efficient with our ad spend. No longer were we attracting people who were simply making research, trying to figure out if our product was right to them. ClientFlo set up very specific keywords that had efficient conversions. The ad spend started to really come down after we homed in on what was and wasn’t working. After that, we focused on a relationship management system.

We were happy with the $2,000 monthly ad spend since that amounted not only to new sales but also new clients. The nature of our business is that people need to buy new products every 6 months to a year. We want clients to come back, but not necessarily pay for them to find us again. We worked with ClientFlo on setting up an email system through which customers could receive regular updates and reminders for switching parts. The benefit of it is that it leads customers to visit our website directly. Interestingly, people haven’t been opting out of these emails, so we’ve really built relationships with them. Our reputation has really turned around.

How did you come to work with ClientFlo?

We looked up a number of companies in the area through word of mouth. ClientFlo was referred to us, and we had an introductory phone call. At first, we only received tips and consultation from them without signing up for anything. We had a good feeling about ClientFlo and decided to give them our business.

How much have you invested with ClientFlo?

The cost of their management services has been above CA$20,000 [US$15,129], including marketing fees and one-time projects for the website.

We started working with ClientFlo around 18 months ago in February or May 2016.

The return on investment has been fantastic. Searching for our business and looking at Google Reviews will show nearly 100 comments for us, with 99% of them being 5-stars and only 1 that’s 4-stars. This is simply because we developed a system that turned our business from an e-commerce store to a customer service company which focuses on quality. We made this our tagline after a while since it was crazy to see how we were being perceived. We have to give credit where credit is due, and ClientFlo’s strategy is quite good. The results speak for themselves.

Our revenue has doubled year-over-year, as did our client base, and our reputation has definitely improved. I don’t know another company with reviews as good as ours. We are contacted by people all the time asking us how we do it. At the end of the day, it increases the value of our business. More than dollars and cents, our reputation is what matters.

How did ClientFlo perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve worked on a few one-time projects for our website and email channel. ClientFlo has also set up call tracking, allowing us to analyze what people are calling about and which approach is working. This research has been beneficial to our customer service. All in all, these projects were done quickly, definitely within the timelines we were looking for.

I’ve appreciated the open collaboration. Many of the marketing companies we used before had a cookie-cutter way of doing things and didn’t really take the time to think creatively. As a business owner, I like to do things my way as well, so it’s been great working with ClientFlo. We have met their team on a couple of occasions, but the work has mostly been done over email. We laid out the game plan, figured out if it could work, how long it would take, and how much it would cost, and tightened the screws later on.

ClientFlo has provided weekly stats on how much we’re spending on AdWords, which ads are converting, how many calls and subscribers we’re getting, and so on, to the day.

They’re creative, and I know who to call when I need to discuss something. I receive responses to my emails one day later at most, projects get done on time, and everything is personalized. We also have a rep to talk to who takes notes on our requirements and follows up with us.

What did you find most impressive about ClientFlo?

The bottom line is that our business has doubled and is continuing on an upward trend, which I’m happy about. Beyond this, the experience of working with ClientFlo has set them apart.

ClientFlo has been willing to make changes when something isn’t working and will make further reviews a week later. We have continuous improvements, which is great. I’m not a marketing person and I don’t want to think about the subject took much — I simply want to know what’s going on and if the approach is working.

Are there any areas ClientFlo could improve?

I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.

Overall Score It’s been great. I have no complaints and plan to continue working with ClientFlo for a long time.
    They’re always on time.
    ClientFlo’s management fee is lower than most other companies we’ve dealt with. They also brought our ad spend down. At the end of the day, ClientFlo is actually saving us money.
    They get things done and go above and beyond, offering free consultation. ClientFlo is also consistent in terms of communication.