Send direct mail to clients.

Send direct mail to clients.

Los Angeles, CA
  • 12655 W Jefferson Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90066

• Direct Marketing

Trusted.

LinkedIn Marketing & Messaging Campaign for IT Company

"No one at Cleverly will notify you of your campaign's dismal failing attempts."

Oct. 2019 - Feb. 2020

Cleverly was tasked with generating 10–20 leads per month based on a LinkedIn marketing strategy. They produced copy messages to send to thousands of LinkedIn prospects.

Costa Mesa, California
Business Development Manager, IT Consultancy

Despite poor results, Cleverly failed to communicate that the campaign wasn't delivering the expected returns nor helped to restrategize their approach. The project saw a 100% net loss.

I am the Sales Consultant / Business Developer for an IT consulting company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cleverly?

To generate leads just as they're website *States*

To generate (Based on their own verbiage of 10-20 leads per month.

We selected the Cleverly based on they're convincing website details and client success list.

They produced copy messages to send to thousands of LinkedIn prospects to connect and then a trickle message method to generate new leads.

I worked with one individual one the company the Vice President of Strategy at Cleverly. Via email only**

The results are the worst we have ever experienced paying for a monthly service. Our net loss is 100% of every dollar spent.

Three to four emails that I had to initiate as to the dismal performance of they're service and try to make adjustments. Well, that failed 100% as well..

ZERO, the company has a *Keep Billing Em Process* even if they are not monitoring they're own failures on promises of the campaign to the customer. No one at Cleverly will notify you of your campaign's dismal failing attempts or contact you to figure out if it is working OR Not!!

No Comment: As for a company that promises something they prophesize on they're website and they can't deliver (ONE) lead in 120 days needs to address internally their moral compass when you don't help the customer realize it is not working.

They should help their clients make changes that really work and produce results that benefit both parties. Instead they just kept billing us for the same thing that never worked from DAY ONE.

0.5
Overall Score The biggest waste of 120 days with (ZERO RESULTS)
    They would not initiate contact to help the customer
    Very High Per Month vs competitors at 400% Less
    Zero Performance
    Not A Chance

LinkedIn Outreach Campaign for Corporate Event Company

"Cleverly managed to help me receive instant results and interest from relevant leads."

Jan. 2019 - Apr. 2019

Cleverly led an outbound marketing campaign for a corporate event company. They drafted a list of potential connections, wrote outreach copy, launched a LinkedIn page, and contacted prospective clients.

Santa Rosa, California
William Verity
Owner, Party Jump

Cleverly’s efforts have fostered almost immediate increases in leads and interest. The team is responsive and willing to train clients in methods and strategies to be successful. They offer thoughtful input and practical solutions, making them a worthwhile vendor selection.

I am the CEO of a corporate event company that provides giant inflatables for company picnics, conferences, and other events.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cleverly?

I engaged Cleverly to drive leads for my businesses using LinkedIn.

I hoped that we could connect with event planners at the top companies in the San Francisco area.

I learned of Cleverly through a referral while I was searching for new channels to drive new leads. SEO and Google PPC campaigns have been my primary methods for more than 15 years, so I was looking for a new way to reach decision makers.

Following an onboarding call so that Cleverly could learn about my business, their team drafted a prospect list of event planners on LinkedIn and wrote standard outreach copy for me—a process that took about three days. Cleverly then launched my company’s profile and sent connection requests and messages to those connections each day. I responded to every lead myself.

I worked with a co-founder and an account manager.

I have received an average of 14 positive responses a month, with several of those turning into informational calls. We have scheduled events with some of those companies, but others will not hold events until summer 2019. I continue to be impressed by the results as many of these event planners work for large corporations that I would have never reached out to before.

I generally receive responses to my questions within a few hours, but they are often quicker than that. Most importantly, Cleverly trained me in using LinkedIn and its Sales Navigator tool.

No, they’ve provided excellent service so far.

They have been easy to communicate with.
    We receive a great value.
    I have seen excellent results so far.
    If other companies could benefit from using LinkedIn this way, I highly recommend Cleverly.

LinkedIn Lead Generation for SEO Agency

"Cleverly is a knowledgeable, flexible, and transparent team."

July 2018 - Ongoing

Cleverly was hired to generate LinkedIn leads for an SEO agency. The team used key concepts to draft copy and send outreach. The engagement is ongoing.

Co-Founder, SEO Agency

Cleverly’s services significantly benefitted business. Their skilled team is direct and accommodating. Their proactiveness supplemented their efficient workflow. Customers can expect a seamless engagement.

I’m the co-founder of an SEO agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cleverly?

We hired Cleverly for LinkedIn lead generation.

Our goal was to generate more leads for our business.

I found them on LinkedIn and thought that they were the best solution for what I was looking for.

Cleverly identified my key decision makers. Then their team drafts copy and send outreach for the agency.

I work closely with Bruce (Founder & CEO, Cleverly) and Nick (Head of Growth & Founder, Cleverly).

Because of their optimization, I close a $10,000 deal within the first month.

The workflow between our teams was effective.

Cleverly is a knowledgeable, flexible, and transparent team.

Both of our teams could work on communication.

Overall Score They're great value for what you pay for.
    Scheduling was simple.
    For $99 a month, the value for the cost is great.
    Their quality is great.
    I already have recommended them.

Digital Marketing for Advertising & Marketing Company

"I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this service to anyone I know."

2.0
1.5

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

Cleverly was hired to implement lead generation efforts which involved creating content for targeted messages.

Torrance, California
Marcus Awakuni
Employee, Marketing & Advertising Company

The client was disappointed when the targeting and messaging didn't align with their goals, even after they provided edits. The messages didn't generate responses from qualified prospects. Miscommunication and inconsistent information deepened their dissatisfaction.

Digital Marketing/Copywriting

For what projects/services did your company hire Cleverly?

Looking to generate more leads for my marketing business.

Generate at least 2-3 qualified prospects per week.

From word of mouth referral.

"You get what you pay for" That's even the gist of what Cleverly rep, Will, told me on the phone. As we were about to launch my messages, I noticed that my targeting and messages weren't really tailored towards what was discussed in my onboarding. I asked for an edit, sent some additional information, and...it didn't get much better. Then there were some inconsistencies between what was described to me on the initial consultation call and the onboarding call. This is when things started getting weird. Basically, Will alluded to me not hearing their rep correctly. I was a bit taken aback, but sure, I understand he wants to defend his team member (even though I'm pretty sure I heard him correctly because I did ask the question multiple times to be sure). Then I asked if they would be able to accommodate the service which the rep had told me they'd be able to do. He said "no." His reason? "Well, you paid $99 for this..." Okay, so I guess because I paid "$99" justifies the inconsistency of the information and a lack of professionalism? I did ask for a refund, which they weren't willing to do, so I'm kinda stuck with a service that I REALLY regret investing in. I would've much rather taken the $300 and run some more Facebook ads. Or just hire a VA, or use LeadConnect instead. You win some, you lose some, I guess. That being said, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this service to anyone I know personally--the team and the service was a bit too rough around the edges for my liking. UPDATE: Around 100 messages sent, and very few responses (and the responses I've received are nowhere close to being a qualified prospect)...

They had a sales rep, a copywriter, an onboarding rep, and the CEO.

Not effective at all.

Nothing.

Yes...lots.

0.5
Overall Score Lack of professionalism and integrity.
    Not even worth the $300 I paid.
    Lack of professionalism and integrity
    Not at all.

LinkedIn Lead Generation for HR Company

"I was impressed by the sheer volume of leads that they were able to drive..."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Cleverly is an ongoing lead generation partner that mainly boosts sales through LinkedIn targeting and engagement. Their work includes creating lists and copy as well as sending out messages.

Jacob Wilcox
Sales Director, Bambee HR

Besides producing a great ROI, Cleverly has generated approximately over 1,000 qualified leads for the company. The collaboration is streamlined, and they’re an extremely cost-effective vendor.

I am the Director of Sales at Bambee HR. I am in charge of overseeing the entire sales department ensuring our team continues to drive revenue month over month for Bambee.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cleverly?

We used Cleverly to help us generate qualified leads for my sales team.

Our goals since Cleverly was a pay-for-performance agency was to generate as many qualified leads as possible.

We found Cleverly online and vetted multiple companies before choosing them.

They use LinkedIn to help target, message and engage with individuals that meet our target criteria. They did everything from creating qualified lists to writing good messaging copy to even sending the message out for us.

I mainly deal with the two founding members there, Bruce (CEO, Cleverly) and Nick (Head of Growth & Founder, Cleverly).

It's been highly successful with a huge return on investment. I think to date we've generated over 1,000 qualified leads with Cleverly.

It's been very effective. We used Slack to communicate.

I was impressed mainly due to the sheer volume of leads they were able to drive using their organic lead generation strategies.

I would say growing pains. I think client communication can be a little better.

Overall Score Top notch lead generation, they have my vote.
    Scheduling was easy.
    They're very affordable.
    Quality was great.
    I already have, dozens of times actually.