Creative full-cycle HR Agency

CleverLand - creative full-cycle HR agency. We provide such services: Personnel Search and Selection, HR Outsourcing, Training&Development, Corporate Events Organization.

We believe that recruitment is a human-driven business that demands skills, technique, passion, personalization, and a critical eye, not a formula. We focus on the quality over quantity, on the value our Recruitment Consultants bring to the table at the end of the day. We have goals, focused on placements and have guidelines, focused on personalization.

• Bazhana Ave, 30/95
    Kyiv, KY 02140
    Ukraine

Recruiting for IT Outsourcing Company

"To describe their approach in one sentence: they really care about us as a client and about the candidates."

June 2018 - Mar. 2019

CleverLand provided staffing, pre-screening candidates for development positions that required various skill sets. They also performed initial interviews and handled all communication with candidates.

Senior BDM, IT Outsourcing Company

Nearly all resources CleverLand found remained with the client and fulfilled their skill requirements. CleverLand was flexible in their scheduling and committed to delivering value for both the clients and the candidates. Their desire to understand their clients helps them find suitable candidates.

My former company was a mid-sized IT outsourcing company in Ukraine. It had about 100 employees, including 20 engineers. At the time of our collaboration with CleverLand, I was a staff coordinator, responsible for hiring.

What challenge were you trying to address with CleverLand?

I was communicating with customers to learn their requirements and expectations. I controlled all hiring processes at that time in collaboration with recruitment agencies like CleverLand.

We gave them a list of requirements for future team members: mid-level and senior engineers on the Ukrainian market and three technology stacks, including React and React Native. We had some soft-skill requirements, like communication abilities. At that moment, all our engineers had the opportunity to communicate with the final customers, so we needed to ensure that any engineers we hired had the ability to communicate their points of view and listen to the customers. Of course, they had to know English pretty well to communicate with foreign customers. We’re a Ukrainian company, but all our customers are from foreign countries, including the EU and the US.

We would give them a description of the position, and they would look for candidates and give us CVs. Something we appreciated was that they initiated the first interviews themselves. Before presenting a new engineer to us, they’d communicate with them to make sure they really fit our requirements. It was a good approach for avoiding unnecessary interviews and wasting both our time and the candidates’.

CleverLand also had some requirements for us. They really cared about their candidates and wanted to ensure that they’d have comfortable communication with our company and that they’d find good careers. We liked this approach, and it spurred a really productive collaboration. They ended up finding people for several projects for us. We had a large blockchain project, and they found a very good Python developer. They also sourced some middle and senior React and React Native staff. We had interviews with 5–10 candidates for each position. It was pretty hard work for them.

I collaborated with Ivanna (Co-Owner and Idea Generator) in the beginning. After that, they got me in touch with Nataliia (IT Recruiter), who was in charge of all the communication with our company. She was always polite, she heard our feedback, and she was good at solving problems.

How did you come to work with CleverLand?

I’d been colleagues with Ivanna at another IT company in Ukraine. I was a business development manager there, and she was a recruiting manager. I had the opportunity to hear feedback about her work from my colleagues, and I also communicated with her. When we decided to collaborate with a recruitment agency, I got in touch with Ivanna and described our problems. She said they could meet all our requirements, and that turned out to be true.

We worked with CleverLand between June 2018–March 2019.

We were happy with the candidates they provided. There was just one candidate that didn’t finish the probation period, but that was because he got an offer from another company. We were really sad because he was a good fit for us and had good technical skills, but things like that happen sometimes.

All of the candidates that CleverLand provided us fit our expectations and started three-month probational periods.

How did CleverLand perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication was very comfortable and suitable. I could always have a Skype call or chat with Nataliia. She was always online, and I could call her early in the morning if we had a change in the interview schedule. I’d ask her to describe the situation to the candidate and ask them to come another day, and there was never a problem.

The communication was clear and absolutely on time. I can’t remember them skipping a deadline. Any missed deadlines were our fault because we sometimes delayed our decision about a candidate. They pushed us for feedback because the candidates would become nervous and CleverLand wanted to make the process comfortable for them as well.

They were really responsible and wanted to find the right team member for us, one who would be happy to work inside our team. They tried to understand us and clarify all the business and development processes inside our company, including requirements or interesting points about future projects that they could describe to candidates.

CleverLand is really like a dating agency. They try to create couples that will live together for a long time. To describe their approach in one sentence: they really care about us as a client and about the candidates.

Had we given them feedback and offers faster than we did, maybe they could’ve closed more positions for us.

I’m the head of business development at my current company. We don’t need to hire new developers at the moment, but I’ll definitely advise them to work with CleverLand if we do. I did have the opportunity to refer them to a friend running their own outsourcing company, and they were really satisfied with CleverLand.

Recruiting Services for Transport & Logistics Company

"Recruiters worked very quickly and efficiently, providing us a flow of good specialists."

Jan. - Dec. 2019

CleverLand performed recruiting services to recruit IT specialists along with sales specialists with a logistics background. They sent resumes to the client along with feedback on the candidates.

Kristina Kirilenko
HR Business Partner, Kuehne+Nagel

Due to CleverLand's services, the open positions were closed within the desired timeline. They maintained a well-structured workflow as the recruiting process progressed. Their personable, patient communication style helped keep stakeholders on track.

Kuehne + Nagel is a global transport and logistics company based in Schindellegi, Switzerland. It provides sea freight and airfreight forwarding, contract logistics, and overland businesses. My role is HR Business Partner.

For what projects/services did your company hire CleverLand?

We used recruitment services several times, as we haven't pure recruitment specialist in our company, and we needed new hires asap, so thanks to active actions from CleverLand our open positions were closed within the specified time.

What were your goals for this engagement?

CleverLand faced with the different requests from our side. It was IT specialists with different background and sales.

One of my colleague recommended me Ivanna Bondarchuk, co-owner CleverLand. We got in contact, discussed the conditions (it was very competitive among the market). And I decided to give a chance to prove themselves. In the end my recruitment targets were achieved, and I received stable partner.

Describe the engagement in detail.

Primarily, I sent the job description. Than we had a call where i received a lot of questions which could help better to understand our main requirement and our benefits within other competitors on the market. The next call with the our Team Lead for detailed discussion the technical side of the position. In a week we started to receive CVs with wide comments on the candidate and the recommendation for the next stage of interview.

I contacted personally with Ivanna Bondarchuk and Julia Kot. All communications on the agreement conditions, payment procedures, managing candidates were done through them.

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

In a one run we needed to hire around 10 young IT specialists and our main requirement was the same starting date for hiring. So our request was challenging. Recruiters worked very quickly and efficiently, providing us a flow of good specialists. The another project was to find sales with the logistic background. It is rather difficult, as this specific area is quite narrow and a lot of candidates we have seen earlier. But CleverLand did their best and showed us professional candidate who in future received our job offer.

Our cooperation was on a high level. We provided our feedback on candidatures' CVs, recent interviews, they accepted it and did further required steps.

What did you find most impressive about this vendor?

My account manager was very polite. Sometimes due to my overloading, I forgot to provide feedback on candidates or answer on e-mails, she was always patient and sent me reminders in very kind manner.

As for today, nothing to add.

Recruitment for Outsource Development Company

"Their friendly manner of working with their customers and the candidates was impressive."

Aug. - Dec. 2019

CleverLand helped recruit developers, managers, and QA personnel. They performed a pre-screening process for interviews based on provided requirements.

Den Makarov
Former Strategy & Partnerships Lead, Development Company

The team chose candidates that aligned with internal goals, considering both their motivations for applying and key fields of interest. The team understood the importance of efficient, prompt responses in the recruiting process. They communicated with the candidates on a regular basis.

I was the strategy and partnerships lead for a development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with CleverLand?

I needed a company to help me recruit development positions, QA positions, project managers, and management positions.

We would provide the information, position description, and salary range to CleverLand. Then, they began their search. They would run a pre-screening process for interviews to provide us with candidates who met our requirements. They always gave us insight about candidates as well like their motivation and their key fields of interest.

The next step was to review the candidates internally in our company and select the ones we wanted. Then, we would ask them to schedule an interview. We had 2-5 steps of interviews for each candidate depending on the position. They’ve covered 2-3 positions total. Some positions were ongoing, and we also closed a few positions.

I worked with three people.

How did you come to work with CleverLand?

My friends and colleagues had good things to say about CleverLand, and so I decided to try them.

We worked together between August of 2019 and December of 2019. I believe they still work with CleverLand, but I have left the company.

They helped us recruit the resources we needed. They met our goals in getting us the proper candidates to choose from, and we're happy with the final candidates we chose.

How did CleverLand perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated via Messenger and had a very friendly relationship. I’d send them a request and then I’d get some feedback or questions from them.

If we responded too slow and a candidate could accept another offer from another company, they'd try to push us to a faster, more efficient process. They were always communicating with the candidates and keeping in touch with them almost daily.

There’s nothing I’d have them improve.

Think about your requirements and priorities, and then you can get started.

Overall Score I've worked with them for several years for different positions. It’s been a quite impressive experience. I’m glad that I have them in my portfolio.
    Their cost was very good and one of the reasons I chose to work with them.
    It’s been very successful working with them. They covered very complicated positions.
    I continue to recommend them.