Transform Your Vision Into A Mobile Solution

We are a technology solutions provider headquartered in Washington DC with offices in New York City. We produce highly integrated, web and mobile applications and modules, as well as custom content management systems and supporting websites.

Driven by our team's collective creativity and passion for technology we strive to transform your vision into a winning product. As a leader in early adaption and implementation of cutting edge technologies, we provide services focused on strategy, user experience, design and development.

Washington, DC
  • 1100 H Street 12th Floor NW Suite 1220
    Washington, DC 20005

Mobile Development for Military Nonprofit Organization

"I could pick up the phone anytime and call somebody, and I knew that they were very detail-focused."

Clearly Innovative served as an Appcelerator development partner to deliver a youth-focused informational app. Their work included a web platform and a large backend database.

Washington DC Metro Area
Michelle Joyner
Former Mobile Initiatives Lead, NMFA

Industry stakeholders have remarked on the quality of the app, that it serves as a benchmark for others in the field. Despite some early staff turnover, the team was accessible at all times and immediately resolved any issues that arose. They adjusted their business model to suit the situation.

I was working for the National Military Family Association, who is a national nonprofit that works to improve the quality of life of military families.

When we started the project, I was the communications director, and I shifted to mobile initiatives director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Clearly Innovative?

We were looking to reach a very young audience with a solution in which we could push out information, rather than just continuing to post on our website or social media channels.

It was primarily mobile app development, but it also had a website component, with a very extensive back-end database.

How did you come to work with Clearly Innovative?

We had a relationship with Appcelerator, and Appcelerator recommended Clearly Innovative because they were physically located near where we were. We started our partnership with Clearly Innovative with a short project, which then we continued to expand upon the project.

This was a decent size project and cost $200,000-plus.

I have so many success stories about this app. We had some external folks in the industry evaluate what Clearly Innovative had built, one of the folks commented that we had the "Cadillac of back-end databases," so that was one encouraging piece of news. There were also military spouses who were located in remote areas, and were new to the military family lifestyle, that described the app as a lifesaver.

What distinguishes Clearly Innovative from other providers?

Clearly Innovative was always accessible. They made accommodations for our business environment, they worked to understand the folks in our company, how we needed to receive information, and the approval steps for the project as a whole. I could pick up the phone anytime and call somebody, and I knew that they were very detail-focused. If there ever was a performance problem, they were on top of it before I or anybody else noticed and were always there to have it resolved.

Is there anything Clearly Innovative could have improved or done differently?

Any issues that we had at the beginning, they have all been addressed, and so I think that goes to their strengths. It was a great partnership. We had a consistent team. Early on, they rotated some members in and out, but then they put in place a dedicated team of programmers to work with us, which was great. I can't really think of any issue that wasn't resolved.

Timeline issues were always on our side not theirs.