Intuitive Design. Seamless Development.

BRONZE VERIFIED

We're a small team of problem solvers

We measure twice and cut once. We’re committed to helping our clients win. We’re always around to help.

Our mission is to design and build intuitive websites, membership sites and web applications. We specialise in the latest web technologies including the latest design approaches, major javascript frameworks and best deployment processes.

We're based in Canberra and would love to hear from you.

2018
Civic, Australia
  • 15 Moore St
    Civic, ACT 2600
  • 13/1 Ijong St
    Braddon, ACT 2612

Bloom Website Design and Development Image

Bloom Website Design and Development

The Bloom Collective are an innovative answer to housing issues in Australia. While their project aims to solve issues for a wide range of the Australian community, they needed a website that spoke more to a corporate persona.

They approached us asking for help in designing and developing a clean, modern website. Above all else, the website needed to showcase their product photography and video.

On top of an

impressive design, we incorporated modern technology resulting in blazing fast page loading times, highly search engine optimised content, and an easy user experience.

The Bloom website has been built using GatsbyJS and Netlify CMS. This React-based framework ensures the site will be future proofed with incredibly performance, and water tight security.

Dionysus Website Design & Development Image

Dionysus Website Design & Development

The Dionysus Movement are one of Canberra's leading event management companies. Each year they put on a number of well known festivals and events around the Australian Capital Territory.

The Dionysus team approached Clean Commit asking for help in consolidating and redesigning their outdated website. Since the website was originally built, the number of projects that the Dionysus Movement coordinate has increased to the

point where it was no longer manageable.

After a number of consultations, we worked together to define a detailed list of design and functionality requirements. The design needed to speak to their creative and philosophical mission, while the website's performance needed to allow users to easily navigate a large number of upcoming and past events.

The Dionysus website has been built using GatsbyJS and Netlify CMS. This React-based framework ensures the site will be future proofed with incredibly performance, and water tight security.

Selectr Image

Selectr

Selectr is a highly innovative application that aims to help local sports clubs across Australia manage their selection days.

The project was conceptualised in mid 2019. With no other applications or systems operating in this space, the first challenge was creating a detailed definition of exactly how the application would work and what it would do for the user.

Once the requirements had been finalised we worked

closely with the Selectr team to design a logo and branding styles that would be used for all of their digital presence.

The application itself is a Progressive Web Application (PWA) built with a Laravel backend and Vue.JS frontend. These two highly popular frameworks combine to ensure the future proofing, performance and easy maintenance of the application.

At the time of writing, the first iteration of Selectr is moving through user acceptance testing and being released publicly.

Ethical Equities Image

Ethical Equities

Ethical Equities is a small, Sydney based investment advisory.

Their website design was outdated and their platform (Django) was causing headaches for the content creators. They needed a fresh design that did a better job of reflecting their brand and mission. They also wanted a membership area for their subscribers that allowed them to easily and intuitively access their paid content.

We worked closely with their

entire team to create a design that represented their brand and brought professionalism to their appearance.

We took the simplest, quickest and most manageable approach to building out the website. WordPress and Memberpress were obvious choices for their flexibility and wide adoption.

The site security was heavily reinforced to avoid the hacking and bot attacks the company had faced in the past.

Viega iPad App & Web Reporting Interface Image

Viega iPad App & Web Reporting Interface

To support a national competition, Viega needed an iPad application that would allow people on the street to quickly and easily enter their details into a simple form.

Their team wanted to see the submissions in real-time so there was also a need for a web application to show and export the entries.

As a solution, we took their existing design and built a light weight iOS application and Vue.JS based web app to

show the results once they had been submitted.
Italian Village Website Design Image

Italian Village Website Design

The Italian Village project consisted of branding, website development and design. The other part was about creating interactive selectors, and 360 panoramas

Italian Village is one of the most important projects of the development company behind it. Given the size and importance of this project, we committed the entire team to building the most impressive and user friendly website possible.

To ensure the

brand can scale and grow into the future, we made the early call to create a design system. This system defines the look and feel of common components and styles, giving the brand consistency across different media (social media, website, print, advertising). With the design system created, we pushed through the design and development of a custom WordPress theme.

The only other notable challenge for this project was allowing the Italian Village forms to be integrated with the client's sales funnels, as well as a custom made selector for apartments.

Web App Development for Team Sport Selection Platform

"For a small team, Clean Commit delivers quality results on complex projects in a timely manner."

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

Clean Commit developed a web application for a team sport selection platform. The team was also responsible for building and designing an accompanying website and designing the client's logo.

Canberra, Australia
Shannon O'Connor
Director, Selectr P/L

The engagement helped transform the client's idea into a reality, exceeding the expectations of the internal team. Clean Commit establishes a seamless workflow through clear and transparent communication between teams. The team provides insight and suggestions based on their technical expertise.

I am the Director of Selectr P/L, which I founded in August 2019 to develop an application that would automate the selection process for team sports.

For what projects/services did your company hire Clean Commit?

Selectr needed a team to design and develop a web based application with a complex algorithm. An understanding of (or involvement in) team sports was not essential, but proved to be extremely beneficial to the development of Selectr.

To fill the gap in the market for an application that automates the selection process for team sports.

I wanted to work on Selectr with local app developers, and I created a shortlist of 5 local companies based on a) the information and work examples on their websites, b) the design and usability of their websites, and c) reviews from their clients. Clean Commit was first on the shortlist because I was drawn to the simplicity of their website design and impressed by their client reviews. They cemented this spot due to the responsiveness of Tim Davidson, whose enthusiasm for the project made my decision an easy one. It also doesn't hurt that Tim understands team sports, being a field hockey player himself.

I met with Tim for coffee on a few occasions to discuss the idea for the app and the requirements it would need. Clean Commit prepared mock-up wire frames out-of-contract to assist with our funding pitch (which was successful). The project was then divided into development phases and well documented by Clean Commit in the project contract.

Essential functionality was prioritised in order to get the MVP to market within budget - this included logo design, app design and algorithm development and website design and development. We maintained regular communication via weekly face to face meetings (pre-covid) and via Slack. The process has always felt collaborative and (to my immense benefit) Tim provides advice freely on all aspects of the project.

Tim Davidson is the project manager and my point of contact for the project. He is supported by a small and efficient team of developers and designers.

As anticipated, the biggest challenge of the project was working out how to build an algorithm that sorts players into teams based on numerous fixed and changeable conditions.

This alogorithm is the heart of the system, and doinated my dicussions with Tim from Clean Commit. Seeing this algorithm in action was the biggest progress milestone and the most important project outcome so far.

I am working on Selectr alone, so we did not encounter any issues with workflow that tend to arise when larger teams are involved in a project. Tim and I stayed on top of our tasks with regular communication.

For a small team, Clean Commit delivers quality results on complex projects in a timely manner. As a newcomer to the IT sector, I am grateful to Tim for the advice and guidance given freely throughout the process - I felt like part of their team rather than a client.

None that I can identify, which could be for two reasons:

a) Clean Commit do not need to improve because they're very good at everything already; or

b)  this is my first experience working with app developers so I don't know any better!

That said, I highly recommend Clean Commit, particuarly those who are new to the industry and would benefit from their guidance.

Overall Score I came to Clean Commit with an idea and notebook scribbles, which they transformed into the product I had envisioned.
    COVID messed us up a little, but we didn't have to juggle the multiple calendars of a large team, so scheduling was very simple and effective.
    Clean Commit squeezed as much work as possible into my budget. I strongly suspect that they worked excess hours to my benefit.
    I think the product speaks for itself. We launch on 11 September 2020: www.selectrnetball.com
    Clean Commit has earned my trust and respect. I already refer them to friends and colleagues.

WordPress Development for Community Platform

“If they say they’re going to do something, they’ll often go above and beyond to deliver.”

2017 - Ongoing

Overhauling an outdated site, Clean Commit implemented a complex web design into a new WordPress site. They’ve now shifted into a maintenance and support role.

Boston, Massachusetts
Elvia Roe
CEO, AngelsTeach

Clean Commit goes the extra mile to deliver what they promise, demonstrating a high level of integrity for their work. While they could opt for more documentation around project plans and timelines, the team makes up for it in their quality output and willingness to take on new challenges.

I’m the founder and CEO of AngelsTeach. It’s an online business where I help people connect with their intuition and empower them to better their lives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clean Commit?

I initially hired Clean Commit to overhaul my 13-year-old website, updating the technology and implementing my graphic designer’s vision.

Clean Commit implemented a graphically-rich design for my WordPress site, which was an ambitious task. The design was created by my graphic designer who worked closely together with Clean Commit to make everything come to life.

Since then, they’ve done additional tweaks along the way to maintain the site. After using it for a couple of years, we’ve realized that things could be streamlined for our customers, so they handle those changes.

Tim (Owner) is my main point of contact at Clean Commit, but I know there are others behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with Clean Commit?

My graphic designer was already connected with Clean Commit, so that’s how I got to know them.

I’ve spent around $10,000 with them in recent years, though I did work with them before they were branded as Clean Commit.

We started working together some time in the summer of 2017. I still consider the partnership to be ongoing because a website is a living, breathing thing for an online business. Now, if I have something coming up, I ask them to help me.

One of the reasons why I love working with Tim is because he cares. He’s responsive and honest — if they say they’re going to do something, they’ll often go above and beyond to deliver. I really appreciate that level of integrity.

How did Clean Commit perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is really good. They take care of any loose ends and do what needs to be done. We usually communicate by Slack and sometimes email.

It’s that they’re excited to do new things. Recently, I just talked to them about an estimate for my husband’s work, which requires them to use a tool that’s uncharted territory for them. I like that they’re willing to try new things.

The only thing that comes to mind is that they could have written out the timeline and project plan. I’m fine without them, but I think others would like to have that level of documentation. It would help keep everyone more focused and organized.

For anyone going into a technology project, you have to be clear with what you want because communication is everything. It helps make sure that your vision is going to be executed how you see it in your head.

Other than that, be willing to be flexible with the time difference. Tim is in Australia, and part of his team is in Europe, so meetings will be at odd hours.

Web Development for Events Services Company

"Their technical ability mixed with human relations were second to none. And their price was unbeatable."

May - Aug. 2020

Clean Commit developed a website using Gatsby for an events company. The team built a site that can handle an immensely large amount of data, featuring thousands of events and initiatives of the company.

Canberra, Australia
Director, Dionysus

Clean Commit's output showed their knack for creativity, listening, and their ability to collaborate on a project. They made sure every functionality was immediately incorporated. More than anything else, they made sure that the site loads fast despite the massive data that were uploaded.

Dionysus designs and manages cultural events. We also provide advice and strategies for high-impact organizations to support Canberra’s cultural fabric and the development of a unique cultural identity.

The objective is a more intimate city with expanded cultural horizons. The city is hungry for more artistic initiatives. We know we have run thousands over the last decade.

For what projects/services did your company hire Clean Commit, and what were your goals?

We had an old website and a big dream for a database/website that would form a beautiful archive of our thousands of events and initiatives.

How did you select Clean Commit and what were the deciding factors?

Clean Commit has exceptional knowledge of the best website technology on the market, excellent client relations, very prompt response times, and care for every detail. This led them to create a site that truly reflects us as an innovative and exciting organization with a careful design aesthetic.

Describe the scope of work in detail, including the project steps, key deliverables, and technologies used.

We went through an interview and documentation phase, reviewal of that process and then we had to write our new copy while Clean Commit took what we were happy with from our old site. They developed the first stage while we prepared the new copy. They did most of the uploading so the first stage of the site was already looking good.

We wanted a site with hundreds of images and videos, clear archival capacity, and good innovations. Clean Commit used Gatsby, which we didn't know of but now wouldn't use anything else. New additions were easily incorporated by the team and were largely not charged for. I am a pretty demanding client and they took on my requests with calming ease.

How many people from the vendor's team worked with you, and what were their positions?

We had one person to work with the entire time, and it was a director of Clean Commit, so the process was awesome.

Can you share any measurable outcomes of the project or general feedback about the deliverables?

The site load unbelievably quickly, looks awesome, and the backend is a dream.

Describe their project management style, including communication tools and timeliness.

They were so quick to respond that I felt bad if I left a message for an hour. They were too good! They picked up all of our requests the first time. Timmy was incredible to work with.

What did you find most impressive or unique about this company?

Are there any areas for improvement or something they could have done differently?

None, we're stoked.

Overall Score Unbeatable in technical know-how, customer relations and price.
    We have referred them twice, successfully, already.

Website Dev for Ethical Investing Periodical

"I feel very lucky to have such a highly competent team working on my project."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

Clean Commit handled the website development efforts for an online periodical. Their team built the website using WordPress as well as managed data storage, hosting, and graphic design.

Sydney, Australia
Claude Walker
Founder, A Rich Life

The platform has increased in its number of subscriptions and members. Clean Commit implemented an effective workflow and pushed through inevitable delays. They utilized their expertise to understand and communicate project expectations. Their team quickly addressed and resolved change requests.

I am the founder and CEO of A Rich Life, which is an online periodical covering arts, culture, investing and news.

For what projects/services did your company hire Clean Commit?

To build the website with various membership levels.

Sell subscriptions to the website.

Came highly recommended.

The project was to build https://arichlife.com.au/ This involved integrating mailchimp, stripe, memberpress and wordpress, as well as managing data storage and hosting and graphic design.

Tim took the lead and was the contact point between me and the team at Cleancommit.

Within one month of building the website we had a sufficiently strong marketing channel to sell subscriptions which easily covered the cost of the project. From here on in additional scale will fall to the bottom line.

It was very effective. The only delays were caused by us on our end, since multiple times we were unable to give feedback quickly enough to keep up with the work Clean commit was doing. This ensured that we did not face any delays that we could not solve.

I am not very good at describing what I want and I was very impressed with how well the project was communicated to the team at Cleancommit. Furthermore, when I asked for certain changes they were achieved rather quickly, even when I provided no solution (just asked for a problem to be fixed).

No, I don't think so. I imagine as demand for Cleancommit grows it may face new challenges, but at this stage I feel very lucky to have such a highly competent team working on my project.

Changes couldn't be made instantaneously but we were blown away by commitment (eg taking phone calls on a Sunday night).
    We earned back the cashflow spent on the website within about one month. I imagine they'll put prices up in the future.
    Got the result we asked for, quicker than expected, any changes enacted within a reasonable time after requesting them.
    Already have done.