Be Better, Do More

Clarke, Inc., has successfully transitioned its business operation away from a dedicated offset printing company to a marketing services provider using the same tools and techniques presented to their clients. We drink our own champagne. Today Clarke, Inc. works with small businesses that do not have a dedicated marketing staff to manage their communications and redeploy them. This includes print and digital communications or some combination of both.

Clarke, Inc.’s philosophy is to help its clients “Be Better and Do More”. Here's how our clients describe us: Flexible, Consistent, Predictable, Painless, No BS, Completely Concerned With Results, Integrity. We serve up epic marketing truth for small businesses daily. If you want the marketing pretty marketing boys, we’re not it.

1955
Lynchburg, VA

Centra Health

PlyGem Windows

Lynchburg Hillcats Minor League Baseball

Jersey Mikes (Lynchburg & Charlottesville VA franchise)

TRF Auctions

JD Byrider (Lynchburg VA & Greensboro NC franchises)

Website Design and Development for Inbound Marketing Company

"Clarke Inc. has been a trusted resource and they’ve never failed me."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Clarke Inc. has built multiple websites in WordPress to help improve inbound marketing and lead generation. The sites are designed to attract and generate leads from website visits through capture features.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reed Dillon
Owner, Creative Brand Content

The quality of work Clarke Inc. produces never fails to impress the client. Clark Inc. is always prompt, clear and concise with their expectations. The team is always willing to make adjustments throughout the process, and they are a reliable vendor with personalized care on each project.

I own the company Creative Brand Content, which is a content marketing company. If I need a website done, I outsource it to another company, but I control the process and management of the project. I also handle all the content on an initial basis as well as an ongoing basis in terms of blog posts and social media, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clarke Inc.?

I hired Clarke Inc. to improve inbound marketing and lead generation for specific sites.

Clarke Inc. and I start from scratch on the websites we build. I collaborate with one of their designers to develop the wireframe, and then I help with all of the content, such as photography and writing. The websites I’ve had them build have focused on inbound marketing and generating leads. I'm specific about that work because it all has to do with being able to attract, convince, and convert the person that comes to your site into a lead. Clarke Inc. understands the importance of that, so they create lead capture features. I’m not sure what programming language they use in developing their sites, but I know they specialize in WordPress.

How did you come to work with Clarke Inc.?

I’ve known Victor, the owner, and have done business with him and his company for more than 20 years. I use a variety of companies to get work done for my clients, and Clarke Inc. is one of the many businesses in my stable, so to speak.

How much have you invested with Clarke Inc.?

I’ve invested $10,000 to $15,000 with Clarke Inc.

We’ve worked together since at least March 2014.

Clarke Inc. has been a trusted resource and they’ve never failed me. The quality of their work is great. Nothing’s ever perfect, and we have had to make adjustments throughout the processes, but generally, our work together has been pretty stress-free and the problems have been minimal.

How did Clarke Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

I work directly with Clarke Inc., and our work together has been fine. They’re a small company, so project management is pretty minimal. My communication with Clarke Inc. always has been prompt, and they give me clear and concise expectations regarding the status of a given project.

What did you find most impressive about Clarke Inc.?

I’m most impressed by the dependability and personalized care I get from Clarke Inc. and their commitment to my projects.

Are there any areas Clarke Inc. could improve?

It would be great if Clarke Inc. could expand their services and get a little more expertise in other areas. If that were the case, I might use them for more projects.

They try their hardest to get things done on my schedule.
    Clarke Inc. has always had competitive pricing. I hate to rate them too high, because you want to get the best price for your money.
    I refer Clarke Inc. to friends and family all the time.

Direct Mail Campaigns for Media Services Provider

"At Clarke Inc., you are truly a client and not just a number or a project."

2014 - Ongoing

Clarke Inc. provides print production and direct mailing services, including postcards, flyers, and letters to support goals of marketing more economically.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Rachel Adams
Graphic Designer, Innovative Faith Resources

Clarke Inc. provides high quality work and deals with any issues directly. They work to save costs on their projects and focus on the needs of the work. Moreover, the team goes above and beyond on turnaround time, even when faced with tight deadlines. They give personal attention to every project.

Innovative Faith Resources is a nonprofit that provides multimedia resources to other nonprofit organizations. I’m one of the graphic designers. I provide web, print, and marketing assets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clarke Inc.?

When we approached them originally, we were trying to diversify the companies from which we received quotes. Since we work with a lot of nonprofits that are always looking for creative ways to market economically, we were attempting to be more fiscally effective with our print promotions.

We use Clarke Inc. primarily for production and direct mailing services such as postcards, flyers, and letters. We provide the completed designs and then they coordinate the print services.

They are knowledgeable in the marketing industry, which has been beneficial to us. When they spot something that we’re not doing effectively or could be done better, they’ve been great at bringing that to our attention and working with us.

How did you come to work with Clarke Inc.?

They came highly recommended through a mutual contact. We started them out on small projects. They did an excellent job, so we started sending them more.

How much have you invested with Clarke Inc.?

In 2016, we spent around $30,000 on their services. The year before, it was around $50,000.

We’ve had a relationship with them for four or five years, but we really started sending them a lot of work in 2014. The volume of work given to them continued to increase in 2015, and the work is ongoing.

At Clarke Inc., you are truly a client and not just a number or a project. We’ve had some really great experiences working with them. They’ve been great at alerting us when they see something on a project that isn’t right or if we’re doing something that ends up being a money pit.

At one point, they told us that we could save money by using nonprofit postage rates rather than first class. That’s been a huge game-changer, and we’re now tracking the amount of money we save doing that. In the past two years, that change alone has saved the organizations we work with around $20,000. Clarke took the time and effort to coach us through that process, which was invaluable.

We’ve had very few glitches and minimal issues, and they deliver high quality. When we had a quality issue, we were able to address it and build upon it. Because they’re a local printer, we get the opportunity to go back to the drawing table to address things directly. They’ve visited our office with a print proof, and we’re able to talk through it and make appropriate adjustments. We’ve been extremely pleased.

How did Clarke Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very detailed. We’ve had no issues. We communicate primarily through email and phone calls. When we need to upload files, we use Hightail, which is integrated into their website. Clarke has been great about going above and beyond on turnaround time. They get the work done on time, even when we are behind on our end.

What did you find most impressive about Clarke Inc.?

We love working with their team and the personal attention they give to every project. Their customer service is above and beyond. My favorite thing about working with Clarke is that they’ve educated us in addition to producing quality assets for us. They’ve helped us streamline our process and cut costs. They’ve taken a lot of time to build us up, and we’ve incorporated the knowledge they shared into the way we operate.

Nothing comes to mind.

We often run on tight deadlines, and they’ve gone above and beyond to meet those. They communicate what we need to do to make it happen.
    We have found it more cost-effective to engage other firms for a few types of print projects. However, most of the time, Clarke comes in a couple hundred dollars under other quotes.
    Clarke has produced excellent work for us.
    We have referred them to several people. When you find someone willing to give you a high level of customer service, you want to push business their way.

Marketing Strategy for Sales Consulting Firm

"I have an entire digital footprint thanks to Clarke Inc."

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

Clarke Inc. develops marketing strategies to move from analog to digital marketing and create a national and international reach for new business. Their work has also included both print and digital design.

Roanoke, Virginia
Mike Garrison
Founder, Garrison Sales Consulting

International leads for new business are beginning to come to fruition, and the updated marketing strategies are building a new digital footprint. Clarke Inc. specializes in print and executes ideas quickly. The team provides one point of contact for the entire marketing process.

I’m the founder and CEO of Garrison Sales Consulting. We’re primarily a sales coaching and consulting company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clarke Inc.?

I needed to determine the type of marketing that would be effective for my company to establish a social media presence. I also needed a website that helps me treat my existing customers better and find new customers.

I’ve worked with Clarke Inc. for 19 years, through various businesses, so I’ve got a wide and diverse history with them. Primarily Clarke Inc. helps me with website design and maintenance, as well as overall marketing concepts. Clarke Inc. has also designed e-books, business cards, electronic flyers, and Facebook images for me.

For my sales consulting business, Clarke Inc. advises me on marketing strategies and how to integrate them into my website and social media. Every time I work with the team, the scope expands as they inform me on marketing options that are available. I’ve always had a “word-of-mouth” marketing model, and Clarke Inc. has helped me understand how this approach can be applied digitally.

The team has helped me design my website, taught me how to blog effectively, and advised me on the best CRM [customer relationship management] to use. I’ve never needed a marketing manager because I’ve always had Clarke Inc.

How did you come to work with Clarke Inc.?

Victor, Clarke Inc.’s principle, was actually my first customer in a previous business I owned. He and I have similar backgrounds, and we related to each other professionally and personally.

How much have you invested with Clarke Inc.?

I’ve invested between $4,000 and $5,000, but their work has probably saved me $25,000. Clarke Inc. has always been less expensive than the competition.

Clarke Inc. started working with my current business in September 2014, and the work is ongoing.

I wanted to have both a national and international reach for this company, and the work is starting to pay off. I recently got a referral for a company in Spain. Soon, I will also have the biggest appointment of my coaching career as a direct result of my work with Clarke Inc. I have an entire digital footprint thanks to Clarke Inc.

Time is very important to me, and that’s why I work with Victor. I feel that he understands me and my business. We go into each project with clear expectations of what each of us is going to do. I know the deadlines will be met and that they will deliver what I want. If I’m ever unsatisfied with something, he fixes it.

When it comes to print, they’re experts. I can go to Clarke Inc. with an idea for a direct mail piece or a flyer, and they make it happen. Clarke Inc. advises me on how to save money on my marketing because they understand the print business.

How did Clarke Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m a driven entrepreneur, and I love working with Clarke Inc. because they can raise their speed to match mine. I don’t need to have a 40-minute conversation about an issue. When we’re doing business, it’s always laser-focused. I never feel rushed, but we cover the issue, and Clarke Inc. takes care of it. That’s all I want.

I never have to speak with different people about various aspects of the project. I have one point of contact.

What did you find most impressive about Clarke Inc.?

Victor has a unique ability to help small business owners who are overworked. He helps me focus. When I work with Clarke Inc., I’m confident that they’ll get things done. Their team works together flawlessly.

My relationship with Clarke Inc. eliminates any need for me to vet vendors for any marketing components individually. I go to him with an idea, and he can direct me in the best way to execute that idea. I’ve never met anyone who can interact with a small business owner the way Victor does. Clarke Inc. is a non-replicable transition point for small business owners to go from analog to digital confidently and accept new technology.

Are there any areas Clarke Inc. could improve?

I think he needs to work on expanding his team and finding the right people. He’s got rock stars right now, but what happens when a small agency loses a team member?

Overall Score I’m aware that Clarke Inc. doesn’t have the same capabilities as national ad agencies.
    Clarke Inc.is a small business, and they respond like they appreciate the needs of a small business.
    I have literally paid five times more for something I hated.
    The design is possibly an area in which Clarke Inc. could improve.
    I’ve recommended Clarke Inc. at least 15 times in the last six months. I’ve had many clients who have talked to me about my media strategies. I love referring Clarke Inc. to other driven, serious people.