Leading Salesforce Certified Consulting Partner

Cirrius Solutions is a global technology Salesforce.com services company that has over 250 successful Salesforce implementations around the world.  Our customers are all sizes across industries such as high-tech, professional services, distribution and retail.

The fast-growing companies across the world choose Cirrius Solution to help them engage their customers and drive more sales with Salesforce.com. We offer strategic consulting, implementation, data migration, custom development and change management services to drive business outcomes in weeks, not months!

Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Cirrius Solutions has certified consultants across the US to support our clients.

Minneapolis, MN

• Memphis Grills
  • Edelman
  • College Recruiter

Salesforce Development for Radio Station

"Most of [their] team is able to work independently, with no handholding."

2014 - Ongoing

Cirrius designs/develops custom features for an existing Salesforce environment and they modify its source code in an effort to streamline performance.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Senior Product Manager, CRM

Key strengths include indisputable expertise when it comes to Salesforce CRM and the ability to work effectively without direct supervision or guidance.

We are a radio broadcaster operating at a national and local level, through various stations.

I am a senior CRM [customer relationship management] project manager for the company. My responsibilities include determining what Salesforce functionalities should be implemented for the company, based on how they would benefit us. I manage a team of people and serve as both a product and project manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cirrius Solutions?

We were working on a project measuring the impact we had on the listing community.

Cirrius Solutions was tasked with everything from requirements gathering, to development and roll-out. I made decisions from the position of project manager, but Cirrius Solutions did all of the work.

Before working with our own Apex developer, Cirrius Solutions' team was used for all work related to the language. We worked on many small projects; I was able to give Cirrius Solutions non-technical indications for the work and have them figure it out, without a lot of handholding. The work involved UI/UX [user interface/user experience] considerations, which Cirrius Solutions also handled.

I usually only interacted with the person actually performing the work, and don't think that Cirrius Solutions assigned other resources in the background. In total, I've worked with three people from Cirrius Solutions at my current company.

How did you come to work with Cirrius Solutions?

I was working for a different company that brought Cirrius Solutions in for a Salesforce migration, following an acquisition. I chose Cirrius Solutions for my current company because of our past experience. Cirrius Solutions' principal has an incredible work ethic, and I knew that it was important for him to hire the best people. He works with each one of his employees, in order to make sure that things are done up to a standard and that customers are happy.

How much have you invested with Cirrius Solutions?

I don't manage the financial aspects of our projects.

We have been working with Cirrius Solutions for a year and a half in total, but each of our engagements has had different durations.

We've been able to use the data resulting from our previous project in order to measure how we're performing in terms of content: how people are perceiving us, what their concerns are, and on which areas we need to make changes. This has had a material impact on our business processes and daily activities.

How did Cirrius Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

We initially used a tool called Smartsheet. The project was more complex at the time, involving more dependencies. The other work we've done with Cirrius Solutions centers more on requirements gathering. I simply provide a document describing what the software is currently doing, and what I want it to do. Cirrius Solutions augments the document with additional technical elements, and checks with me before starting any development, which is another point being strongly pushed by Cirrius Solutions' principal.

What did you find most impressive about Cirrius Solutions?

I work with a few different vendors for various types of work. I use Cirrius Solutions for projects in which I don't want to closely manage decisions, set expectations, and so on. Most of Cirrius Solutions' team is able to work independently, with no handholding.

Another area for which I use Cirrius Solutions is Apex source code changes. I don't have to worry one single bit that Cirrius Solutions will make a mistake. The code impacts our security model, which is something to be scared of when making changes. I know that Cirrius Solutions employs the best coders, who will be able to figure out exactly what's happening.

Having developers test their own work was an important topic of discussion for us, initially. Cirrius Solutions excels on this front.

Are there any areas Cirrius Solutions could improve?

Cirrius Solutions is at a turning point in terms of growth, which is making it hard for them to find good people based on the strong demand. This is true for the industry in general. There are many Salesforce developers on the market, but not all of them are solid. I know Cirrius Solutions' staff well enough to request a particular person for a few hours of work, but the company's main challenge is obtaining work on a consistent basis, and making sure that clients can work with the same people time and again. Cirrius Solutions works with a few smaller clients, who may not require support on an ongoing basis, but they may come back 2 months after a project ends, asking for additional changes. If the person who initially made the work is not available, there will be a bit of a learning curve for the new resource. This is true for any company: smaller clients will end up being assigned different staff more frequently.

Overall Score There is nothing I can think of that did not go well. Cirrius Solutions is responsive, the team gets the job done, I don't have to hold their hand. I trust their skills.
    Cirrius Solutions has worked with us, as a non-profit, and I do know that our IT director is very happy with the rates we've negotiated. Cirrius Solutions is a flexible company, willing to work with companies like ours.
    I already have recommended them to other people in the industry. One of the things I like about working with their company is that Cirrius Solutions' principal is hands-on with every client, striving for continuous improvement.

CRM Consulting for Global Tech Firm

"[They've] been good at reaching out on the technical and business side, which is important for Salesforce."

Sep. 2015 - Ongoing

Cirrius migrates customer data from recently acquired businesses to the existing Salesforce environment maintained by the client and ensures it is both valid and usable.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Senior CRM Analyst, Tech Firm

Flexibility is a key differentiator and contributed heavily to the success of multiple projects. Concerted efforts to understand the end-user workflow was also noteworthy.

We enable professionals in the financial, risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most. We're are a global organization with over 50,000 employees. We're highly matrixed and very complex.

I am a senior CRM [customer relationship management] analyst working in the global growth organization of the company, focusing on the Latin America part of the business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cirrius Solutions?

We had a very large project that was being broken down into various phases. We work with internal business analysts and technologists but needed a hands-up in getting our work done. We needed people who could get up-to-speed quickly, and who could help us drive out requirements and get to the testing and post-release phases.

Cirrius Solutions worked on the Salesforce side of our project. It was related to back-office processes aimed at improving our sales team's operations. It was highly integrated, with SAP components and integration points in-between. We made customizations for our particular business requirements for the Latin America region.

Cirrius Solutions provided a technical resource with an architecture background, a highly-skilled tech lead, as well as business analysts for driving the requirements piece. The size of our team varied depending on what we were doing, but we generally worked with 3 people from Cirrius Solutions and brought in others as needed.

How did you come to work with Cirrius Solutions?

We were looking for a partner which had worked with larger companies and was fluid enough in order to address the unpredictable challenges we were facing. Cirrius Solutions met all expectations in this regard. They had worked on a consolidation of multiple Salesforce instances for another part of our business. As their business grew, we've continued to utilize Cirrius Solutions. We had a good experience the first time around, and Cirrius Solutions worked within our business effectively.

We work with a few remote teams, including ones in Argentina, Brazil, and Eagan, Minnesota (which is our main technical base). We outsource development and work with many people in Bangalore, India. Cirrius Solutions is effective in working with people from multiple locations.

We had a kick-off in October 2015. The main release of our project was done in May 2016, and we had another one in October. Cirrius Solutions was also involved in smaller work which hinged on the main project.

The Cirrius Solutions' team has been extremely flexible and creative in finding solutions for our problems, providing both temporary and permanent fixes, and trying to understand our processes. In my mind, Cirrius Solutions is a colleague, rather than just a consultant.

As we went into the user acceptance phase, Cirrius Solutions was good at helping us build test plans and get the work done. This is a big piece, which people often forget.

How did Cirrius Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Our projects were delivered on the set dates, which is a major consideration. We use SharePoint heavily, as well as Microsoft Word documents with very particular setups for requirements. Google spreadsheets are used for test plans, at Cirrius Solutions' suggestion. It enables our teams to get to the information easily. We also use Slack and Trello for internal team synchronization. We may not have used them normally, but they've been great tools for us, especially when working with smaller teams. We use VPNs for the work and Cirrius Solutions has the infrastructure to handle them.

What did you find most impressive about Cirrius Solutions?

A part of the confines in working with a larger organization is the administration overhead. We work with requirements documents that may not be the industry standard, but Cirrius Solutions has been willing to handle them instead of bringing in their own approach. Cirrius Solutions has been good at reaching out on the technical and business side, which is important for Salesforce. Cirrius Solutions needed to understand what the users are doing, and what we need to obtain from this on the backend.

Are there any areas Cirrius Solutions could improve?

We have an internal technology group with project managers who maintain our relationship with external vendors, as well as various business people. As we were working through the first phase, we reached a crunch time and encountered a number of defects. We started having daily meetings with a larger group of people and concluded that we needed to start talking to each other, instead of just relaying messages. This led to much quicker results, and Cirrius Solutions helped us facilitate this. They're all very good at taking meeting notes, which matters much more than just keeping recordings. Cirrius Solutions didn't pretend that they knew everything, but were willing to work with us and brought up tough topics.

Improving the communication piece and getting the right people at the right time was key for us. We started doing this for the next part of our project, and it helped turn things around tremendously. Cirrius Solutions brought an Agile component to our work, allowing us to react quickly to issues which came up.

I think that Cirrius Solutions brought good value, but I'm not in charge of the budget.

Multiple CRM Implementations for Information Services Firm

"They're cognizant of what we're trying to achieve."

2014 - Ongoing

Cirrius serves as an implementation partner/technical resource when it comes to complex projects involving Salesforce CRM.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
James Weatherall
CRM / CPQ Business Analyst, Experian

Highlights include a streamlined workflow and communications process along with the ability to make strategic recommendations about the project scope.

Our company is rolling out a CPQ [configure price quote] application across the globe. We've covered the North American region, and are moving into the United Kingdom. I am a Salesforce CPQ and CRM [customer relationship management] business analyst for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cirrius Solutions?

We needed to supplement our available resources while rolling out a Salesforce CRM. We were using an implementation partner but had other specialized projects, including one for a CPQ.

Cirrius Solutions led the project for the first North American implementation of the Salesforce solution. Cirrius Solutions was also involved in a follow-up CPQ project for another region and has implemented our global Salesforce platform for a smaller business unit, replacing their local one. There have been a few other projects rolling out Salesforce communities for our business and Cirrius Solutions was involved with those, too.

We generally worked with 2–3 people from Cirrius Solutions, using the most resources on our first project. It involved data export, import, and cleansing elements. Cirrius Solutions' principal acted as project manager.

Cirrius Solutions has been fairly involved in our projects. We tend to let them run the work as they see fit, from requirements gathering to design, development and implementation. Cirrius Solutions is working within the parameters of what we have within the business, fitting into a global template.

How did you come to work with Cirrius Solutions?

I was not involved in this phase.

How much have you invested with Cirrius Solutions?

The cost of Cirrius Solutions' services has been around $125,000 for our current project.

We have been working with Cirrius Solutions on and off for 18 months [as of November 2016]. We plan to finalize our current projects with Cirrius Solutions in April 2017.

Cirrius Solutions' project manager has had his mind set on tracking deadlines and achieving as much as possible. Every project he's been involved in has been a success.

How did Cirrius Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

The projects ran with Cirrius Solutions have been pretty much on time, running over by 1–2 weeks at most. These things happen and are not necessarily the fault of Cirrius Solutions. Our project manager has been structured in how he likes to do things and has worked continuously with our business in order to deliver requirements. He has been supportive, but there is only so much he can do from his position, given the guidelines we've provided from our global organization.

We use a couple of internal tools, including Agile Accelerator, which Cirrius Solutions has been asked to leverage. We have internal requirements and need our own team using them.

What did you find most impressive about Cirrius Solutions?

I haven't worked with other partners in this way, but I have a very good working relationship with Cirrius Solutions' team. They're cognizant of what we're trying to achieve, and we've been able to bounce ideas off each other, trying to keep a good vision of our goals with no internal communication struggles. This is a positive thing, in my opinion.

Are there any areas Cirrius Solutions could improve?

Not off the top of my head.

A couple of projects ran a bit late.
    I don't get involved in this side of the business, though.