Human-driven & Machine-powered Lead Gen Services

CIENCE offers human-driven and machine-powered solutions for lead generation.

The CIENCE Outbound process starts with highly-accurate, bespoke research on target audiences. It then continues through multi-channel outreach and engagement in order to maximize qualified appointments set.

Customers benefit from more targeted leads, predictable pipeline, and greater revenue. Our people-as-a-service (PaaS) model offers maximum results as cost-effectively as possible.

Los Angeles, CA

Grow

Events.com

Qualia

Key Clients

CIENCE Technologies offers managed services for lead generation.

Our outbound campaigns succeed thanks to human-curated, highly-targeted sales research and expertly executed multi-channel outreach.

Campaign Analytics

*Includes Live Chat, Meetings, Forms

*Branded Message, Benefits

*Professional Design and Development

*Call-to-Action

Turnkey outreach combines best of outbound approach with inbound methodologies.

Lead Gen for Digital Advertising Agency

"Our business is improving, and I’m also saved a lot of stress because of their work."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Using an existing customer profile, CIENCE Technologies coordinated lead generation efforts to increase meetings with prospective clients and improve sales.

Norfolk, Virginia
Nate Brown
Business Development Director, GROW

Because of CIENCE Technologies’ thorough research and adherence to the customer profile, the number of meetings with potential clients each quarter increased by at least 150% from the previous year, leading also to more sales. Their team is attentive and implements feedback into future strategies.

I am the business development director at GROW, a digital advertising agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We contracted with CIENCE Technologies to generate leads and increase the quality of the leads we receive. If we have more meetings with our target customers, we are likely to make more sales. We wanted to increase that meeting volume while still meeting with the right types of clients and companies.

They're at the very top of our sales funnel. They identify leads through their own research methods based on a customer profile that we provide. We then review and approve each of those leads. Those leads are then imported into a workflow that we use to reach clients—either with cold calls or email campaigns.

I primarily interface with a project manager but will sometimes meet with an account manager, as well.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

They contacted us through an email campaign. It happened to be good timing because I knew I was looking for someone like them, but I hadn’t yet started that search.

We pay about $7,500 per quarter. We’ve worked together for about a year now, so that totals almost $30,000.

We’ve worked together on an ongoing basis since November 2017. We renew our engagement every quarter.

Using quarter comparisons from 2017 to 2018, the number of meetings we take with clients per quarter has increased by at least 150%. Our high-water mark, comparing Q1 2018 to Q1 2017, is a 367% increase. At this point in 2018, we’ve already seen a 148% increase in meetings from all of 2017. In conjunction with these increases in meetings, we’ve seen similar growth in our sales.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I interact with our project manager almost daily. He is responsive and has a great attitude. We communicate primarily through Slack and Google Drive, where we’ll share and comment on different documents. CIENCE Technologies takes feedback well and makes appropriate changes to implement that feedback.

We love our project manager, but it was unfortunate when he went on vacation. His stand-in was great, but we did not click as well with him.

The more you're involved in giving them instruction and feedback on a daily basis, the more successful you're going to be. I wouldn't let them run solo and expect everything to be smooth and successful. The client has to be actively involved.

Lead Gen & Email Marketing for Biotechnology Company

“CIENCE Technologies conducted successful, highly accurate research on a very fast turnaround.”

Mar. - Oct. 2018

After carefully researching attendees to find qualified leads, CIENCE Technologies reached out to conference guests to set up meetings beforehand. They ran a three-part email campaign to engage the target base.

Seattle Metro Area
Director of Operations, Biotechnology Company

CIENCE Technologies ran successful email campaigns that garnered increased attendance at conference booths and enhanced the company’s overall brand awareness. The team offered enthusiastic engagement and showed a willingness to collaborate closely throughout the process.

I’m the director of operations at a biotechnology company. We provide a suite of technologies to analyze a particular type of genomic data. Our proprietary platform applies to several verticals.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We were at a point where we didn’t need to hire a significant sales and marketing team. As a startup, we weren’t necessarily able to, either, so we hired CIENCE technologies to provide these services. Our primary goals were to drive more traffic to our booths at conferences, expand our brand awareness, and meet potential new clients. We needed help with identifying new sales leads in our space.

CIENCE Technologies ran massive email campaigns leading up to conferences we planned to attend. The booths we host at these events are our main form of marketing. They found attendee lists and conducted research to parse guests down to our most qualified leads. Anywhere from 4–6 weeks out, they’d generate a three-part email campaign to ping these people and set up our meetings ahead of time.

We also used CIENCE Technologies on a more general scale for research. They wrote content and created templates for our email campaigns. We did most of the tasks on the list, but it was nice to have them facilitate that process. Since we’ve expanded our team a bit, we’re starting to wrap up the engagement. We realized we were paying them and our employee to do the same work.

We interfaced with a point person who acted as a liaison between our two teams. CIENCE Technologies also has a copywriter and a teammate who ran the campaigns.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Another company we knew had used CIENCE Technologies and recommended them for lead generation.

We worked together from March–October 2018.

CIENCE Technologies spurred a noticeable, significant increase in the number of attendees who visited our booths. Based on these results, we used them at six different conferences. Having them set up meetings kept everyone from our company very busy at conferences. Our improved brand awareness is also apparent. More people are definitely starting to know about our business.

The amount of research CIENCE Technologies conducted was huge. Even when we told them we needed 1,000 emails, they had a high success rate. Showing us how they ran email campaigns was educational for our team. Now, we can replicate this success.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I give CIENCE Technologies an A+. We used email and Zoom to stay in touch. Their working hours ended at 11:00 AM for us on the west coast, so we usually emailed them in the morning, and they’d respond at night. Our point of contact held a weekly phone call or Skype meeting to go over progress and answer our questions.

CIENCE Technologies conducted successful, highly accurate research on a very fast turnaround. It would have taken us a considerable amount of time to find all of those emails. They were always willing to work with us. Whenever we asked them for something, they’d figure out how to make it work to the best of their abilities before returning with a solution. It was a very collaborative experience.

The only issue we had was the staff turnover, which wasn’t a huge deal but slowed things down occasionally. We went through three liaisons, three email campaign people, and two copywriters.

Our work is technical and niche. It felt like as soon as we got accustomed to somebody and they figured out our business, we’d lose them to another project or they’d move companies. That being said, CIENCE Technologies was very good at getting the next person up to speed. We never experienced too much of a lag.

CIENCE Technologies was very open to the ideas we came up with. Even when we decided to end our engagement, they came back to us with proposals for services we hadn’t known to ask for. Continually pushing them and asking what else they could do would have been useful in the beginning.

It was better at the beginning than at the end. They taught us to do many new things we now realize we can do in-house.

Research & Lead Gen for Laundry & Sanitation Service

"I liked the people individually; the product was a great idea and they did a good job pivoting."

Dec. 2017 - Sept. 2018

CIENCE Technologies built a database to increase lead generation. They also managed two outbound campaigns that focused on securing appointments with relevant prospects.

Atlanta Metro Area
SVP of Sales, Laundry & Sanitation Service

The team was capable and created a functional database. However, no leads converted, which prompted the relationship to end. During the partnership, the workflow could have been streamlined and the content more effective. However, individual team members did a great job throughout the process.

I’m the Senior VP of Sales for a company that has a patented UV technology that sanitizes water. I’m also head of worldwide marketing efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We hired them to build out our database and increase familiarity with a disparate group of people in the nursing home and senior living community. We decided it was cheaper to leverage CIENCE Technologies’ resources than hire a team in-house.

They built a database along with two outbound campaigns to get us appointments. In addition, the databased served to ascertain contact information in an industry with high turnover.

I interacted with Daniel (CSM, CIENCE Technologies) about two or three times per week.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

One of their salespersons was a friend of mine. I reached out when I saw on LinkedIn that she worked at CIENCE Technologies. She told me what they did and I decided that I needed those services for my business. I didn’t interview anybody else because I trusted her.

We spent $40,000.

We worked with them from August 2017–September 2018.

The database was great and generated 99 appointments. However, we weren’t able to convert any of those meetings. Although that result wasn’t CIENCE Technologies’ fault, the lack of conversions led us to end the engagement.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I liked the people individually; the product was a great idea and they did a good job pivoting. However, the team’s level of acumen was not where I wanted it to be. I constantly coached them, which I didn’t mind, but I expected better content for the price I paid. For example, the emails needed to be more compelling. They weren’t emotive enough, which made them less effective. However, CIENCE Technologies did a decent job overall and I did approve the email text.

The team was adaptable and willing to make whatever changes we needed to succeed. Since they weren’t subject matter experts, CIENCE Technologies emphasized creation and collaboration. While that approach appealed to me, it could have been even better if I had more time to dedicate to the project.

I was under the impression that they had more of an integrated solution. I thought I would be able to see a dashboard seamlessly updating activity in real time. However, the workflow never lived up to that expectation. Perhaps I misunderstood, but again, I expected something less clunky for the amount of money I was paying.

The team positioned the solution as something that was mostly built, but still required customization and input from the client. Clients without the time or bandwidth to invest in that approach won’t get good results.

Lead Gen & Research for Travel Company

“We’ve been inundated with responses, and I’ve seen enough results in the first three months to invest more in them.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies works on lead generation, providing services like copywriting and web design. They conduct research to help find and market to prospective clients.

California
Director, Travel Company

Brand awareness in the U.S. has always been low, but CIENCE Technologies increased interest, response rates, and event attendance. The project management started out a bit shaky with a few email mishaps, but the team generally provides good work.

I’m the director of the North American region for a company that provides school trips. We send high school students on life-changing experiences in developing countries.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed help with lead generation.

CIENCE Technologies works on various lead generation tasks, such as copywriting and landing page design. They also conduct research on the schools we want to contact to help us identify areas of interest and better market our services.

CIENCE Technologies provides a full sales development team. Our main contact is the subject manager.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Last year, I looked into a specific agency to manage our lead generation but didn’t follow through. When I looked again this year, CIENCE Technologies had bought that firm, so I contacted them. Because we're located in the same area, I was able to meet with them in person. Ultimately, I hired them.

We spend $13,000 per quarter.

We’ve been partners since April 2018 and the work is ongoing.

We currently have very little brand awareness among our U.S. prospects, but CIENCE Technologies is generating a lot of activity. They’ve helped us promote specific events and achieve a high response rate. We’ve been inundated with responses, and I’ve seen enough results in the first three months to invest more in their services.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastically responsive, often getting back to me within minutes of sending an email, even if it’s after hours. I speak to the manager once a week, and we email regularly.

Their copy is excellent.

We’ve had a few project management concerns as we’ve started the partnership, and they could probably conduct research a bit faster. There have been a few times when they’ve sent out emails that aren’t filled out correctly, and that didn’t reflect well on us.

Just because you’re outsourcing doesn’t mean you have no responsibility. Invest time in the partnership, especially in the beginning, and build a good relationship with their team. Make sure they understand your goals and expectations and you understand their process. Follow up on your plans, keeping a clear objective in mind.

Lead Generation Services for Global Electronics Company

“So far, I have no complaints. I’m very satisfied with the current state of our engagement.”

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies uses a variety of databases and networks to identify potential customers. They submit a weekly list of leads and, following approval, reach out via phone and email to schedule appointments.

Detroit, Michigan
VP Americas Sales, Beijer Electronics

In just a few weeks, CIENCE Technologies developed a good understanding of the industry and its technical language, which helped them secure more appointments than expected. Their organization and collaborative skills help them continuously improve the lead generation campaign.

I’m the vice president of sales in the Americas for Beijer Electronics. We manufacture visualization and human-machine interfaces in the industrial sector.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We wanted to increase the number of prospects at the top of our sales funnel. Because we only have about half a dozen salespeople scattered around the United States, we needed to be more efficient in generating leads. We wanted a partner to help us find leads, make initial contact, and introduce customers to our product.

They have access to several databases that are somewhat proprietary. The team also uses LinkedIn, internet databases and various other references. Through these channels, CIENCE Technologies identifies potential clients based on general criteria regarding company industry, size, and sector. Then, they target these leads through email to establish initial contact and encourage a response. Soon after, they follow up via phone calls to solidify appointments with my salespeople.

The team size varies between five and six members. They provide a researcher, who generates leads and submits them for review each week. We review each prospect before they initiate contact. We also work with an account relationship manager, who we speak with on a weekly basis, as well. For day-to-day contact, there’s a full-time telemarketer who handles phone calls and sets our appointments.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I looked into several firms that were using similar lead generation services and decided that it was something we wanted to add to our business. I found CIENCE Technologies and was impressed with the sales rep I spoke with. He gave clear and concise answers, process descriptions, and a detailed explanation of the results I should expect. He also assured me that I could be as involved in the process as I pleased. I was comfortable with their approach and ultimately chose them as a partner.

We spend $4,500 each month.

We started working together in June 2018 and the partnership is ongoing.

They’ve never missed a deadline.
    We’re very pleased with the value. We wouldn’t have been able to staff an internal team with their range of skills for the same price.
    Every aspect of their service is professional and timely.
    I’ve already started to recommend them to colleagues.

Research & Lead Gen for Intellectual Property Law Firm

“We’re pleased with the results of the engagements and we plan to work with them again.”

Mar. 2017 - July 2018

CIENCE Technologies promoted a new product by conducting thorough research and reaching out to potential clients based on demographics. The team set up screening calls and tracked their follow-up efforts.

Arlington, Virginia
Aaron Kamlay
Partner, Morris & Kamlay LLP

CIENCE Technologies’ efforts produced significant results that surpassed goals and expectations. The team’s efficient work ethic, responsive approach, and flexibility helped the project. The positive experience will likely lead to future engagements.

I am a partner at Morris & Kamlay LLP. We’re an intellectual property law firm of about a dozen people. We specialize in procuring and prosecuting patents, advising clients on patent portfolio strategy, and helping them secure business development opportunities using their intellectual property portfolio.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We developed some new approaches to patent litigation and enforcement defense and were looking to introduce them to clients with a possible interest. We needed a partner to increase exposure for these products.

We gave CIENCE Technologies two tasks. Their first responsibility involved research. We had an idea of the type of clients that would be attracted to our product, but we didn’t have the time or resources to fully analyze the specific demographics. Following that discovery phase, the team put together a list of clients for us to target. CIENCE Technologies’ second task was coordinating the initial outreach efforts with these clients and tracking them. The team handled the initial screening calls to see if the clients were a candidate for the new product and then tracked the follow-up process.

We worked with two representatives form CIENCE Technologies.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I’m not exactly sure how we first found them, but we were searching for a partner to increase exposure for the product. We evaluated a few options, both automated and team-based, and CIENCE Technologies seemed like the best fit for our project. They offered a lot of flexibility, which we really liked.

We worked together from March 2017–July 2018.

In terms of the part of the project that CIENCE Technologies was specifically responsible for, their performance was excellent and generated notable results for our company. Initially, we were hoping to set up appointments with potential clients about once or twice a month, but CIENCE Technologies was able to secure two or three meetings a week. In our industry, this is phenomenal. We’re pleased with the results of the engagement and we plan to work with them again.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a standing video conference once a week, with others added into the schedule as necessary. All other communication was done via phone and email. They adapted their communication styles to accommodate the needs of the project. They were extremely efficient in tracking the project and prioritizing their work. They were receptive to our feedback and consistently provided alternate suggestions and solutions to benefit the project.

I really appreciated their flexibility. We could’ve found CRM-like technologies or other structured teams to do this project, but none of them would’ve been able to promote our unique product and target our specific clients. With CIENCE Technologies, we were able to collaborate on a customized solution rather than being restricted by an established platform or strategy.

At one point in the project, we asked CIENCE Technologies to do some technical writing, but it didn’t work out that well. We can’t fault them for that though because that’s not what we hired them for.

Additionally, I think the team could be a bit more consistent in terms of their internal documentation processes. Their methods vary from person to person, which could result in miscommunication. In the end, it wasn’t really a problem for us, but I could see it being an issue on a different project.

Clients should listen to their suggestions. They have a lot of expertise in the marketing and communication space and can provide additional insight. It can be beneficial to give them room to be creative and come up with new solutions.

Overall Score I couldn’t have been happier.
    In general, they were on time, but sometimes they didn’t clearly communicate time estimates.
    Out of all of our options, they offered the best value for the quality of their services.
    Using our feedback, the provided high-quality services with a quick turnaround pace.
    They aren’t suitable for every project, but I would recommend them for projects like mine.

Lead Gen & Sales for Custom Financial Company

“We have a very good working relationship. They’re super responsive and they do a fabulous job.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies offers customized sales support for a financial company. A full-time representative from their team works to fulfill unique sales cycles and provide specific user interaction.

California
CEO, Custom Financial Company

CIENCE Technologies provided a communicative, well-organized team member to manage the account. They joined the process early on and have been a long-term partner. They are cost-effective and deliver on assignments.

I am the CEO of a financial company. We outsource accounting and finance for fast-growing, investor-backed companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed a sales support representative who understood data research.

They offer us a very customized approach to fit our needs. They tailored the work load to meet our specific sales cycles and desired customer interface. We have one full-time sales assistant who works remotely. We tempered her role to fit our unique situation and she is solely responsible for our account.

I interface with my sales assistant, the team member assigned to me on a daily basis. I also speak with the sales representative from their executive team once or twice a year.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I did a test research project with them for lead generation. I was pleased with the results, their timing, and their communication. Their sales team spoke with me about an ongoing monthly relationship and I considered the options they offered. Based on the value and the price point, I opted for the full-time sales assistant.

We pay about $2,500 a month.

We started working with them in March 2017. We have them on a monthly retainer.

The team member they assigned executes the deliverables I give to her. She has a very structured role and has been able to produce what I need. I did have to amend her role slightly to accommodate a language barrier and telephone communication issues but the price point was still worth what we migrated to. She’s a cost-effective, value-driven team member and we’ve had several successes with her. She’s responsive, communicative, and well-organized. It’s nice having an external employee who I don’t have to manage. We have a very good working relationship.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re super responsive and they do a fabulous job. About 95% of our communication is via email and about 5% by phone. We often have reception issues when we try to do phone calls.

I’ve had a very good experience with them. They joined us very early in our company’s lifecycle and I’ve never felt the need to look for someone else.

The phone situation is definitely an issue. They need better lines.

Write out your statement of work clearly and agree upon it up front so they can find the right team member. Very clear communication will help ensure success early on.

Overall Score They’re very good.
    I recommend them all the time.

Lead Gen for Boutique Marketing Agency

"All of the leads they have provided have been a good fit."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies generates leads and arranges appointments to increase clientele across multiple sectors. Further, they provide guidance on the best practices of closing deals and approaching new clients.

Atlanta, Georgia
Shannon Yarbrough
Business Development Director, SolDesign

Using a refined and creative process, CIENCE Technologies has consistently produced qualified leads. They have proven to be familiar with the latest industry practices, and their overall research ability fosters excellent opportunities for growth. They have been collaborative and invested partners.

I'm the director of business development at SolDesign. We are a boutique marketing agency that does everything from strategy to design to development.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed a partner who could help with the research portion of lead generation. It was a bonus that CIENCE also did the outreach and scheduled appointments. They're effectively acting as part of our sales team.

We work with them on a monthly basis for outreach and research. They examine different industries in different locations depending on what we’re targeting in order to find companies that might be worthwhile partners for us. Then we collaborate to create messaging, and they send those messages to those companies and schedule calls or appointments for me. They have also been helpful in sharing best practices with us.

I work closely with a research department team manager and a customer success team lead.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

They reached out to us through their own process that they use for clients as well. They probably saw that I was newer to the role of business development. I had a few introductory calls with them to ask questions. We were gearing up for some outbound marketing and had not really done that for ourselves before. We agreed on a three-month trial, and they performed well and provided a list of clients that were solid fits for us. They matched our needs well, and we decided to move forward.

We spend around $2,500 per month.

We began working together in October 2017 and have ongoing work.

Although we have not yet closed any deals, they have provided other great results. Every week, I'll have multiple calls scheduled with companies that I wouldn't have known anything about without their input. All of the calls save for one have been qualified leads, and that’s a testament to their research skill and ability to find appropriate companies.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They have been very responsive. We have worked well together via phone calls and emails.

I don't have experience with other providers, but they're very good at hearing us. We work with such different sectors that it can be confusing who our best clients are, but they've done an excellent job of being creative and working with us to mine the best sectors to reach out to. They also appear to be well-versed in the latest strategies of their industry.

I still don’t have a sense of how much experience they have working with marketing agencies. They have worked well with us, but it would be a benefit if they had a more clearly defined sense of the sectors that they worked with.

The more a company knows about its own business goals, the more CIENCE can help them. We had a slow start because we weren’t sure which industries to go after, but if a company has a good sense of that, I’d imagine they’d have valuable results. CIENCE is also open to answering any questions about their process, so I would recommend other clients to be transparent about any concerns they have.

Overall Score They have been great to work with.
    We don't have true project timelines, but they have worked efficiently.
    All of the leads they have provided have been a good fit.
    I have already recommended them.

Lead Gen for Technology Conference

“CIENCE's team reached out to 50–100 companies per week on my behalf, scheduling 33 calls in the process.”

Sept. 2017 - July 2018

CIENCE provided lead generation and outreach services, including targeted searches and initial communications with potential leads.

Courtney Burton
Founder, Machine Learning Conference

CIENCE's team generated a significant amount of leads in a relatively short time frame. Not only did their results exceed the cost of investment in their services, but their team was also easy to work with, highly professional, and prompt in communications throughout.

I own the Machine Learning Conference, a small business that hosts a conference for a specific niche of technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed additional help with lead generation and were lacking the resources or time to dedicate to sourcing new leads within our own team.

CIENCE worked with us on two occasions to help generate leads by finding targeted leads and reaching out to potential clients on my behalf. They looped me into the process once the leads turned into potential clients.

I worked closely with two people on their team.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I spoke to CIENCE's CEO about the kind of services his team offers and thought we could benefit from them, so I asked him to connect me to his sales team.

I invested $2,600 for a month of lead generation and outreach services. I usually work with them one month at a time as needed.

We started working them on the first project in September 2017 and more recently in a month-long engagement over the past month that will end in July 2018.

CIENCE's team reached out to 50–100 companies per week on my behalf, scheduling 33 calls in the process. In the last month, their work has generated $3,000.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very friendly and easy to work with. We generally communicate through email and spreadsheets.

CIENCE quickly educated themselves on my business and customized the types of leads they reached out to accordingly.

Give their team as many details as possible to give them a better understanding of your targeted audience.

They were always on time and prompt in communications.
    The results they produced more than paid for the investment for their services.

Research & Outbound Sales for Language Services Provider

"They were diligent in their project management and data collection."

Mar. - June 2018

CIENCE Technologies conducted research and provided outbound sales services to generate more leads. They collaborated to create targeted campaigns for certain industries and then orchestrated those plans.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Philadelphia Metro Area
Sales Operations Manager, Language Services Provider

CIENCE sent between 500–1,000 emails per week, generating a few new leads per week. They were meticulous in their data gathering and research. CIENCE required some oversight to determine the correct tone for certain materials, but they performed well on the whole.

I am the sales operations manager for a full-service language services provider. We offer a suite of different support solutions, including telephone interpreting, document translation, chat and email translation, and multilingual support.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We have a small sales team, and we were struggling with achieving the outbound sales velocity we were looking for to generate more leads. We were quite good at closing deals, but we had a shortage at the top of our funnel.

We primarily use them for research and outbound marketing. We gave them sample titles or people within industries that we would like to target, and they created a list of similar prospects. We’d work together to create a campaign for each prospect.

We had access to their researchers and marketing team, but we primarily met with our account manager and a sales development representative. The project manager would oversee our account from a high level, but the sales representative did the outreach on our behalf.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Our vice president of sales and strategy found CIENCE, and we interviewed them and a few other agencies. We found them to be innovative and data-focused, which we appreciated. They seemed to discuss sales the same way we did, and that made us comfortable with hiring them.

The total investment was less than $20,000.

We began working together in March 2018. We ended our engagement with them in June 2018, but that decision was made due to a number of in-house factors and was not representative of their work. We went through a three-month trial period and then worked with them for an additional month, and they performed well during that time.

There was a bit of an onboarding process, during which we had to introduce them to our company, how we sell things, and getting them the necessary content. But once they were adjusted, they were sending out an average of 500–1,000 emails a week, which produced two or three leads a week. We thought that was valuable production because we didn’t feel like we gave them as much support as we should have.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They were extremely diligent in their data gathering process, and we had access to all conversations they had with any prospects or any research they’ve done. They were transparent and accessible in that regard. We exchanged short messages daily on Slack or through email. We would sometimes take phone calls, but they also used Basecamp and HubSpot.

They were very careful and pointed in their data collection.

Our only struggle was finding the right tone for our message and how we describe ourselves in their materials. Their content required some editing to make their pitches align more with what we do.

We have a small, but well-established, sales department, but for somebody that doesn’t, CIENCE can be a great option because they can assist with everything—the marketing, the research, and the content creation.

And when the engagement starts, it’s best to give them as much assistance as you can at the start so that their work reflects your values.

Overall Score Our overall experience was great.
    They excel at project management. Any delays were on our end, not theirs.
    They more support you give, the higher quality those leads will be, and the ROI will be evident.
    They were diligent in their project management and data collection.
    We were really pleased with how they conducted business.