Human-driven & Machine-powered Lead Gen Services

GOLD VERIFIED

CIENCE offers human-driven and machine-powered b2b lead generation services and solutions.

The CIENCE Outbound method begins with highly-accurate, bespoke research on target audiences. Utilizing multi-channel outreach and appointment setting best practices, our specialized SDR walk prospects through a personalized Prospect Experience, resulting in more consistently-set meetings.

Customers benefit from more targeted leads, predictable pipeline, and greater revenue. Our people-as-a-service (PaaS) model offers maximum results as cost-effectively as possible.

At CIENCE, we drink the same champagne as our clients, testing and running successful outbound campaigns. Recently, we debuted at #112 (#8 in Advertising & Marketing) on the INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States.

Sales conversations start here.

Solana Beach, CA
    Philippines
  • Av Adolfo López Mateos Nte 95
    Guadalajara, JAL 44648
    Mexico

Google, SOC Telemed, Square, Uber, Classy, Okta, iGenomX, Microsoft, ScaleFast, Fivestars, Instapage, CapGemini, Grow, Flashvote, SAP, Segment, Tuxedo Air, ML Conf, Rasa.io, ThruPore, Office Space, University of Texas, ReputationX, Yamaha, MUD\WTR, Qatar Airlines, Fairygodboss, Octane.ai, InfiniteMD, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), NetApp, Alfresco, Myers-Briggs, SendBird, US Bank

Solutions we offer Image

Solutions we offer

We offer a variety of service packages, including SDR Teams, Dedicated Researchers, and Sales Operations Specialists. Get in touch with us to talk about your needs and we'll recommend the best solution.

Campaign Analytics Image

Campaign Analytics

We provide daily reporting to our clients that feature data analytics on an easy-to-see dashboard to chart our activities and their successes.

Multi-channel Approach Image

Multi-channel Approach

Every lead has their preferred way of communicating, and we're experienced in getting to them from every angle — calling, emailing, social media, web, and offline boost the familiarity of your brand and unique value.

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages Image

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages

Our service packages include custom landing pages that deliver greater prospect experiences, bringing you closer to a closed deal.

Our Case Studies Image

Our Case Studies

Studying our own work is the key to understanding how we can do better for you and our clients. Check out more than 20 case studies collected over our experience in working with hundreds of clients in over 130 industries: https://cience.com/case-studies/

Sales Journey Highlights Image

Sales Journey Highlights

Over the years, we've become experts in leading the lead through each of these six stages of the sales journey.

Outbound Lead Generation for Energy Storage Company

“They were persistent and always had a positive attitude, so they were very good to work with.”

July - Oct. 2020

CIENCE Technologies helped an energy company enter the facemask industry by generating leads. After establishing an ideal customer profile, they pursued an outbound campaign via email, phone, and LinkedIn.

San Diego, California
Brian Eichler
VP of Global Sales, LICAP Technologies

CIENCE Technologies facilitated a positive client experience and ultimately proved successful in generating leads. They communicated well and kept the client informed throughout the organized and thorough process. The team adapted as necessary to drive optimal results.

I’m the VP of global sales at LICAP Technologies Incorporated. The primary products that we sell are energy storage devices known as ultra-capacitors. We’re a global business.

Earlier this year, one of our executives decided to purchase a mask production line in response to the increasing demand for facemasks due to COVID. We set up the production line in Sacramento, California — which is where our US headquarters is — with the intention of becoming a US supplier of facemasks.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

When we set up our facemask production line, we engaged CIENCE to do some outbound activity to generate leads.

The project started with me completing what they call an ‘ideal customer profile,’ which included who I think we should target. To find the appropriate contacts, I identified job titles, company types, company sizes, and industries they should look at.

We had some discussion at the beginning about this ideal customer profile. Once we settled on that, CIENCE’s team did research to find the right contacts that fit the profile. They found their LinkedIn information, phone number, email, and mailing address.

Each week, they supplied me with an updated list of new leads. I could even tell them what geography to focus on. They focused on what we asked them to do. They then did an outbound call campaign and attempted various ways to contact people, such as through email or LinkedIn. They helped create the communication content, whether that was a phone script or email template.

I mostly communicated with Oksana (Research Team Captain), and she was in Ukraine. They utilized foreign staff to do some of their outbound campaigns. Oksana was very reachable and responsive. We had a weekly status call with everyone involved. We used their Philippines-based call center; they do have a US-based call center, but it’s a bit pricier.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I did my own research on the internet. I’m in San Diego and they’re in Solana Beach, so we’re in the same county. I also reached out to some marketing contacts I have from past jobs and asked for their advice on how to generate leads using an outbound company. CIENCE came back as a recommendation from a couple of contacts.

It was about $10,000.

I initially contacted them in June 2020 and had some interaction with their sales person. I had to get the budget for the program approved internally, and then we started the program in mid–late-July.

We wrapped up about 1–2 weeks ago, in October 2020. We decided to discontinue working with them because we weren’t selling as many masks as we’d hoped; it had nothing to do with them. The challenge is that the facemask market is flooded.

I had a very good experience working with them. If they weren’t making the progress we’d hoped for, they adapted. They made changes and suggested things they could do differently to try and get more leads. Over time, it worked; we started to get more leads based on some of the things they suggested.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

CIENCE was very good at meeting deadlines and communicating with us; I’d give them a 10/10. They were on it. They had a team that provided updates and maintained regular communication. They kept me informed throughout the whole process, and they always asked for my input on what they were doing. It was well thought out and complete. From my point, it was very well run.

That was the first time I’ve worked with a company that provided this service, so I can’t provide feedback on that.

I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. I was generally very pleased with the activity. They continued to work hard, even though the results weren’t always what we were hoping for. They were persistent and always had a positive attitude, so they were very good to work with.

I think I could’ve been more engaged or communicative. I’m just so busy with all of the other business we have. It would be good to assign a person at the company who actually has the time to commit themselves to CIENCE. I only had time to sit down with them once a week for 30 minutes to go over the latest numbers. I’d recommend assigning a project manager that has the time to work with them.

Overall Score They were very good to work with.
    I had no issues with scheduling. They were always on time, and things progressed as I had hoped.
    They did a lot of work, but they could improve their pricing.
    I’ve already referred them.

Lead Generation & Outreach for Innovation Company

"The team is very detail-oriented, they’re forward-thinking, and they get results."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

A packaging innovation company hired CIENCE Technologies to provide lead generation services. The team works to target and set appointments with potential new contacts.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Director, Innovation Company

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the quality of CIENCE’s services, noting the success of the lead generation program so far. The team is well organized and communicative, ensuring a smooth and successful engagement.

I’m the director of a packaging innovation company.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We hired CIENCE because we didn’t have the resources to research new target businesses and contacts, nor do we have the facility to manage multi-touch campaigns through multiple channels.

CIENCE is involved in a lead generation program that not only researchers those target companies, but generates contacts as well. They also market to those companies and get appointments for us.

There are a lot of people working in the background, but we’re generally in touch with about four people. Natalia (Customer Success Manager) is my day-to-contact for our project, and Alexis (Sales Development Representative) is our account manager. I’m also in contact with Marvin (Senior Lead Researcher), our QA lead.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We did a lot of web searching and research on lead generation companies specializing in the B2B space before finding CIENCE.

We’ve been working together since March 2020.

The quality of CIENCE’s service has been excellent. If anything, they wait for us, and we’re the ones who slow things down. The team is very detail-oriented, they’re forward-thinking, and they get results.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re pleased with their project management. We use Basecamp to track the project, so it’s very organized in terms of tasks and deadlines. We also use Trello. For the most part, we correspond through email, but we have regular Zoom meetings as well.

CIENCE has a really good system down. Their process works: they know how to collect background information and track progress, and they have lots of good metrics in place to produce.

Also, the team gives great feedback on the quality of the campaigns in terms of open rates, bounce rates, and quality of leads. When we need to make things better, CIENCE is also proactive at responding to and making those changes.

I wanted more organization upfront with the launch, including more details on our timeline and steps, as well as who on their team would be engaged. However, those issues worked themselves out as we got started.

The biggest thing is to make sure you have a market size that’s big enough. Also, think in advance of at least 12-18 months, to make sure you can keep CIENCE busy, because they’ll work through things faster than you probably can internally.

Outbound Lead Generation for Employee Data Company

“They seem to do a very good job targeting the types of people I want to be talking to.”

Aug. 2020 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies does outbound lead generation, running email, LinkedIn, and phone call sequencing to schedule meetings with prospective customers. They create copy and provide a daily list of leads.

New York City, New York
COO, Employee Data Company

CIENCE Technologies has proven capable of targeting the appropriate prospects, and the client is pleased with the number of meetings they’ve been able to schedule. The team is highly responsive and meets deadlines. Their comprehensive business database adds substantial value to the partnership.

I’m the COO of a company that is a gateway to employment records. We make it easy for businesses to pull information out of their systems on behalf of their users.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We hired CIENCE to drive outbound leads and get meetings scheduled with prospective customers.

I had a number of phone calls with their customer success team, talking about the people we wanted to be reaching out to and the profiles of interest, and the types of messages we wanted to send them. We then put together copy against that and started sending emails. We have a daily cadence where they provide me with their list of leads, and I help redirect them if they’re not on the right track. They run email, LinkedIn, and phone call sequencing to get those meetings scheduled.

I work with about half a dozen people from their team. I interact the most with Oksana (Research Team Captain), and she’s a project manager. We also work with someone who manages the leads and Melanie (Account Manager). We’ve had a couple of SDRs switch off who do the actual emailing and client communication.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I knew somebody who had worked in marketing, and I asked him who the three best firms were in this space. CIENCE was one of them. I vetted 3–4 companies, and CIENCE seemed to have the most comprehensive database of businesses, which is what I was most interested in. Because they’re larger, I think they have subscriptions to some of the largest US-based business databases. I ran tests upfront about how many companies they had in certain profiles, and they seemed to do the best on that front.

We pay them about $7,000 a month.

Our work together began in August 2020, and it’s ongoing.

The quality of service is pretty good. I’m very happy with their responsiveness and the amount of meetings that they’re setting on my calendar, which is the main objective. They seem to do a very good job targeting the types of people I want to be talking to. Across the priority dimensions, I’m pretty happy with them so far.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They do well in terms of scheduling and meeting deadlines.

They are very responsive.

I have too many points of contact, so there are too many people I’m interacting with.

You need to have a very clear articulation of your product and the value prop. You also need to target long-tailed businesses, because I think where they spike is having a long list of people they can send this to.

Lead Generation & Strategy for Robotic Furniture Company

"Everyone on their team is polished and professional."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

After determining ideal customer profiles, CIENCE Technologies began managing lead generation efforts. They’ve also created visual and written content for the website and have managed multi-channel campaigns.

Boston, Massachusetts
Peter Ceccarelli
VP of Business Development, Ori

CIENCE Technologies has managed to schedule 75 appointments over the past seven months, which is a great result for B2B work. The team has the capabilities to allow for flexibility in their campaigns, and their ability to handle the project from end to end has been valuable throughout the process.

I'm the VP of business development at Ori, a robotic furniture company. We developed smart-based solutions for dense urban environments and the multi-family housing sector.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We’re a small company that has only been around for about five years. There was no brand awareness around the company or our product, so our challenge was generating enough interest in the company and product to sustain and grow the business.

Our team is too small to allocate its time toward prospecting, and we didn’t have the systems in place to execute good, meaningful campaigns. Additionally, I let go of our sales reps and turned to CIENCE Technologies to do campaigns, content creation, and sales development rep (SDR) outreach.

CIENCE Technologies does lead collection and management. They went out into the field to find prospects that we identified through mutually agreed ideal customer profiles. They do that on a weekly basis and follow up with campaigns.

The team has also done visual and written content creation for a microsite, for ads, and for content in the copy format. They’ve done this for both phone and email, as well as LinkedIn. They've been able to do campaigns through multiple channels including ads, microsites, calls, and LinkedIn.

Additionally, CIENCE Technologies has created messaging documentation, and they’ve worked with our marketing team to create collateral that’s agreed upon between the two groups, both from the copy and visualization perspectives to represent the brand properly.

The ideal customer profile exercise was important in terms of being aligned on who exactly our target consumer is, where they're located, what their problems are, and how our products solve that.

The team does everything necessary to have the tools to do outreach, they do the outreach and the prospecting, and then they bring people through the funnel and hand them over to us and create appointments for our internal teams to the presentation, pitch, and conversion.

I’ve worked with 8–10 people, including content creators, copywriters, SDR agents, project managers, account managers, a data analyst, and the CMO.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I had worked with SDR agents that were business-to-consumer (B2C), but I was looking for a B2B SDR agency, so I did some research and cross-referencing. After going through two or three rounds of conversations and exercises with CIENCE Technologies, it just made sense to go with them.

We spend $4,900 per month.

I started the evaluation process in February 2020 and finalized everything with CIENCE Technologies in March 2020. We’ve done three 90-day agreements so far, which is a testament to how well they’re doing. We’re still working with them, but we will continue to review them every 90 days because we’re a startup.

From March until now, they’ve generated 75 appointments for us, which is substantial for B2B work, especially considering that we’re working with multi-family housing developers.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They're fantastic. We have a project manager who runs the team and leads our weekly calls. We also work with a data analyst who goes through our weekly reports, and different team members speak individually about what they’re working on.

Additionally, we’re able to change the presentation material on a weekly basis. If we want further insights or want to postpone a campaign, CIENCE Technologies has the insights and capabilities to give us that data so we can evaluate it for ourselves and compare it with what we’re doing on our side.

My only hesitation in hiring was that their team wasn’t US-based which could cause problems from communication, timezone, and tone perspectives. However, everyone on their team is polished and professional, so my hesitation was alleviated rather quickly.

They are the complete package. They take the time to understand our brand, define a customer, build a strategy around that, and execute the strategy. They then evaluate on a weekly basis, make changes as necessary. The team communicates our message well, and it feels like they’re a part of our company.

I don't have the desire or the urgency to bring on additional sales reps because CIENCE Technologies as a team, for a fraction of the cost, can actually do what probably double the team would have to do here.

They sound like us and feel like us. They don’t feel like an SDR agency; they feel like a part of our company.

No, I wouldn’t ask them to change anything. It’s a collaborative enough effort to where, if a company wanted to change something, they have the flexibility to that and CIENCE Technologies will execute the changes. I’ve not run into problems with CIENCE Technologies not being able to accommodate our needs.

Come prepared, don’t assume that CIENCE Technologies is just going to do everything you want, and know what you’re bringing to the table. We went into the engagement assuming that the team would do everything, but we had to tweak some things.

Be patient because you’re learning them, and they’re learning you. Don’t come thinking that it’s going to be an immediate success; you’re going to iterate a lot, and that’s not on CIENCE Technologies. You’re going to have to evolve over time, so believe in the process.

In addition, be comfortable deferring to them as a team that is an expert in outreach. I’ve changed how I do outreach based on the data CIENCE Technologies has on what works. Check your ego at the door because even if you have plenty of data, they’re going to have more, so you should listen to their recommendations.

Lead Generation for NGS Manufacturer

"CIENCE was thorough, and the quality of their work was top-notch."

Mar. - Sep. 2020

CIENCE Technologies provided lead generation services to expand the customer base of an NGS manufacturer. Following research, the team developed lists of prospective clients and conducted initial outreach.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sales Director, Bioscience Company

CIENCE Technologies delivered exhaustive lists of sales prospects to the client’s satisfaction. The team was not only accessible but also responsive; they quickly implemented requests to ensure a supportive partnership. Their timeliness and attention to detail enable future engagement.

I’m a sales director for a manufacturer of next-generation sequencing (NGS) products. We also offer next-generation sequencing services.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We wanted to reach more customers. We’re a relatively small company and don’t have a huge sales force. And as a result of the pandemic, we don’t have anyone in the field visiting with customers.

CIENCE performed research and then sent us an extensive list of new potential contacts. We reviewed the list and noted whether or not their team should contact anyone listed. If we were familiar with a prospect, we told them who to contact within the company. Then, their team reached out to different companies trying to set up appointments for us. We took it from there.

We set up the engagement with an account manager. They also had a team member who researched companies that we could target. A different person reached out to companies via email, and then another person actually talked with the customer. While a few other people may have supported the project, I mainly talked with three people.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I wasn’t with the company when we onboarded CIENCE. I inherited the account from someone who moved onto a different company.

We spent around $16,000 on their services.

We started our partnership around March 2020, and our contract recently ended. We temporarily stopped the engagement because their team was more proficient than us. We want to follow up on all the different opportunities CIENCE set up for us and then come back to them.

CIENCE was thorough, and the quality of their work was top-notch. I loved their sales team. It’s incredible to have all of the lead lists that they generated.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

CIENCE regularly followed up, which I appreciated. I wear a few different hats, and their team helped me by keeping lists. They monitored trends and presented their findings. I loved that I was able to reach out and request reports from the previous week, and then their team quickly created them.

I haven’t engaged outside marketing groups frequently enough to draw a comparison. However, there weren’t any gaps in CIENCE’s performance. Their team did everything they could to help us.

No, their team was so good that we almost couldn’t keep up with them.

Have a dedicated person on your team to manage the project as well as a plan for following up on their leads.

Their team was better than us at meeting deadlines.
    I can’t follow up on all the appointments, so we can’t evaluate our ROI yet. However, the cost was worth the number of leads we received.
    I can’t really compare their performance, but I liked them a lot.

Digital Marketing for Construction Lending Company

“We meet with them every two weeks over Zoom and also communicate over email.”

April 2020 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies marketed to contractors across the country on behalf of a lending company. They created an email marketing, cold call, and LinkedIn campaign.

San Diego, California
Sean Germon
Director of Construction Lending, OneTrust Home Loans

The campaigns performed well, resulting in several conversions. CIENCE Technologies was communicative and exceeded expectations. True to their word, they were consistent and reliable.

I’m the director of construction lending for OneTrust Home Loans. We do mortgage loans and construction loans across the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We wanted to market to contractors across the country.

They used three different ways to attract leads for us, creating content for an email campaign, a cold call campaign, and LinkedIn campaign.

We worked with four people on their team, and each person worked on a different aspect of the project.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Our marketing director came across CIENCE Technologies and she suggested that they would be a good fit for us.

We’ve spent $15,000.

We started working with them in April 2020 and it’s ongoing.

We’re running campaigns with about a 9% response rate, which is pretty high. We’ve also converted four builders so far, which is above what we expected.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their performance was excellent when it came to communication. We meet with them every two weeks over Zoom and also communicate over email.

They performed and did exactly what they said they were going to do. Overall, they were consistent.

Not really.

Be organized and tell them exactly what you want to accomplish. They didn’t know our business at all. We needed to explain what we were looking for, so they asked a lot of questions to determine who we were trying to attract.

Sales Prospecting for Marketing & Advertising Firm

"Their organization was impressive despite the different time zones."

June 2020 - Ongoing

An advertising and marketing company partnered with CIENCE Technologies to help them reach a new base of prospects interested in their new products. To be specific, the vendor looked for brands and ad agencies.

Sales Planner, Marketing & Advertising Company

CIENCE Technologies' work so far had spectacular results. With their hard work and undying commitment to the project, the company was able to conduct several meetings and achieve their goals of having a new prospect in its pipeline's RFP phase.

NOM is a 3P video ad buying partner with a focus on YouTube. Our company also has capabilities on other social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.

For what projects/services did your company hire CIENCE Technologies?

Our company's new product launch coincided with COVID-19, a very unprecedented and difficult time for advertising tech companies. We were looking for a partner to help us reach a new base of prospects interested in our new product, allowing our sales team to focus on our company's main offering.

Reach a new base of prospects interested in our new product, allowing our sales team to focus on our company's main offering.

How did you select CIENCE Technologies?

Online research

CIENCE is helping us reach out to a qualified and attentive customer base of brands and advertising agencies that would benefit from our new self-service product offering.

We were assigned a very large team. Valery Kravchenko, our CSM Team Lead and main POC, has been extremely attentive and available to us, despite the very different time zones. In addition, the copywriters have done an impressive job conveying our company's very niche offerings and products.

After only 1 month of working with CIENCE, they have proven their value. In this short period of time, we have booked several meetings and even have a new prospect in the RFP phase of the pipeline.

Very smooth & effective

Their organization was impressive despite the different time zones.

The onboarding process was a bit overwhelming because of the size of our team. It was a bit confusing getting to know everyone and figure out who to contact for what. We quickly learned that Valery is our main POC and the rest of the process has been very smooth.

Lead Generation for Engineering Software & Services Provider

“They’ve done everything they said they were going to.”

July 2020 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technology provides B2B lead generation services to a software and services company seeking to broaden their commercial business. They generate original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) sales leads.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Russell DeSalvo
VP Commercial Sales & Marketing, Andromeda Systems Inc (ASI)

CIENCE Technology has delivered quality services and even exceeded expectations based on their ability to come up to speed in a niche industry. They conduct thorough research to understand and deliver on the company’s ideal lead. The team’s open communication and attention to detail set them apart.

I’m the VP of commercial sales and marketing at Andromeda Systems Incorporated (ASI). We provide software and services in the engineering world.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

Our company’s primary background for the past 15 years has been the Department of Defense. We provide software and engineering services to the Navy and Marine Corps, as well as a bit to the Army and Air Force. About a year ago, we decided to start growing the commercial, non-Department of Defense part of our business. We needed help generating sales leads.

CIENCE Technologies provides sales leads, primarily to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). We sell our services and software to various companies, such as a manufacturer of fire trucks, ambulances, and vehicles for the ground troops in the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps.

The way their team is broken down is great. I have a customer service manager.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I started the process by interviewing about a dozen B2B sales lead companies, narrowed it down to two companies, and ended up going with CIENCE. I chose them based on the interactions I’d had with them, the timeliness of their responses, and the quality of their answers.

The contract is for $30,000.

Our start date was July 6th, 2020. We signed a six-month contract, so we’re only about a month-and-a-half into it with them.

As of right now, I’m extremely happy with them. The quality has been great. I was a little bit worried at first, but the research that they’ve done to get up to speed with what our quality lead or client would be has been good. We filled out a lot of paperwork for them to do the research and learn, and they’ve done a really good job. I have zero complaints.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve met every deadline up to today, and they seem pretty strict in following protocol and standard operating procedures (SOPs) within their company. I don’t really see that changing, and I hope it doesn’t. They’ve done everything they said they were going to.

The number one thing I’m happy about is that they communicate really well. They’re not shy about asking for help. All of the team members are in constant communication with myself and the other individual within ASI working on this. I’d say their attention to detail and communication have been very nice to see and experience.

No, not yet. When we started this project a month-and-a-half ago, I would’ve told you I had reservations because of the industry we’re in, as well as their lack of experience in it. I can honestly say I’m pleasantly surprised.

I’ve never worked with a B2B company, so I asked a lot of questions. My advice would be to vet the company. Every time I got on a call with them, as they were trying to sell me on their services, I asked a litany of questions. Of their answers, I didn’t find a reason not to use them. Just do your homework and ask every question; there are no stupid questions, except for the ones you didn’t ask.

Prospecting & Sales Support for Waste Mgmt. Software Company

"The team’s clarity and transparency are impressive."

June 2020 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies manages prospecting and outreach efforts, helping the business identify and obtain qualified leads. The team compiles lists, and then calls and emails enterprises and their executives.

Gabrielle Donchez
Manager of Demand Generation, Rubicon

CIENCE Technologies’ work has improved over time, resulting in a consistent stream of leads each week. The team is responsive, and their efforts have increased the business’ bandwidth. Their clear and open communication, as well as their ability to provide regular updates, is noteworthy.

I work for Rubicon, a software company that supports enterprise businesses with their waste, recycling, and sustainability efforts. I’m the manager of demand generation.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We were looking to prospect for our key accounts team. Key accounts include large enterprise companies, and we specifically target companies that spend over $1 million on their waste and recycling.

We were looking to reach executives, as well as heads of facilities and procurement at these large companies. We hired CIENCE Technologies as a business development representative.

CIENCE Technologies selected the team, and we trained them and explained our business, customers, call scripts, and email templates. They spent quite a few days going over that initially.

The team does the research using the parameters that we give them of what kind of prospects we’re looking for, and each week, they’ll present us with a list. We then sign off on which individuals we want them to contact, and they proceed with emailing and calling.

We work with one executive who does the prospecting and two teammates who do the research.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We’ve been working with them for a long time.

I began working with them in June 2020, but my organization had worked with them previously. Our engagement is ongoing.

We’ve been working with CIENCE Technologies for a while, so they’ve improved the longer we’ve worked with them because they understand our business better and are able to ask good questions and deal with pushback.

It’s a nice supplemental piece to our sales and marketing operations to have these leads coming in consistently every week. We see a better return when we give them a target list than when they do the prospecting.

In general, we are very happy with them and it’s a nice cushion for our marketing each week. It also helps that we don’t have to put much effort in while still getting a good return.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They send us a list of titles, names, and companies that we sign off on. They send lists each week which allows us to know what they’re doing each week, and they forward us emails when they get responses. If CIENCE Technologies runs into issues, they reach out to us and ask how they should handle it.

The team’s clarity and transparency are impressive. We’ve worked with other companies where we didn’t know what channels they were using for marketing. With this team, if we want the data, we can get it very quickly. Additionally, if we have questions, the team is very quick to respond and communicate.

CIENCE Technologies could dig deeper into accounts. It gets harder to find accounts that fit all of our criteria the longer we work with them, but the team could take their time to find qualified leads even if the number is less than what we want.

Marketing Support for Digital Music Streaming for Businesses

“I like that they have a strong methodology and track metrics around everything.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies offers lead generation services to a music streaming service. After researching and compiling a list of contacts in designated verticals, they reach out to secure sales appointments.

Mitch Bishop
CMO, Cloud Cover Music

A hardworking group, CIENCE Technologies boasts an exceptionally thorough methodology that tracks several metrics. This allows for transparency on a strategy’s effectiveness. While the team could review their copy for native English proficiency, their strong results and ROI speak for themselves.

I’m the CMO of Cloud Cover Music. We’re a digital music streaming service that allows businesses to play music on site like in retail stores, restaurants, and hotels.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

Until mid-2019, we’d primarily sold our services to small businesses. We wanted to grow to larger accounts, targeting larger businesses with at least five locations. To do that, we needed someone who could help us take more of an account-based marketing approach into targeted verticals.

They mostly provide lead generation services. We direct CIENCE Technologies’ team to go after specific verticals. They do all of the research to create contact lists. Then, through email, calling, and LinkedIn, they reach out to those contacts to secure sales appointments for us.

Week to week, there are 3–4 people that we work with, but it seems like there’s an army behind the scenes who do the research.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I wasn’t on board when we decided to bring CIENCE Technologies on.

We started working with them in August 2019, and it’s an ongoing project. We’ve actually expanded our relationship with them over the last couple of months.

The quality of their research and list building is good. I like that they have a strong methodology that tracks metrics around everything. For instance, we know exactly how many emails are sent out every week, how many are opened, our bounce rate, our response rate, and so on.

That also means we have an exact count of the number of leads that they’ve delivered us. On our end, we keep tight metrics on how many of those leads have converted into business for us and the size of the account.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication and follow-up have been excellent. I email their account manager almost every day, and we have a weekly account call to review our metrics.

At the end of the day, when hiring a company to help with lead generation, it’s all about whether they can deliver high-quality prospects that turn into business. CIENCE Technologies is. We’ve tracked a very robust ROI from our investment with them.

Because a lot of their resources are based in Ukraine, English isn’t their primary language, which means I have to supervise their written communications. It would be helpful if they reviewed their copy to see if it sounds like it’s coming from a native English speaker. Other than that, they’re dedicated and hardworking.

Make sure you’ve got a solid marketing plan and know who you’re going after. Once you have that figured out along with reasonable expectations, CIENCE Technologies can take it through their great methodology.

GOLD VERIFIED