Human-driven & Machine-powered Lead Gen Services

Gold

CIENCE offers human-driven and machine-powered b2b lead generation services and solutions.

The CIENCE Outbound method begins with highly-accurate, bespoke research on target audiences. Utilizing multi-channel outreach and appointment setting best practices, our specialized SDR walk prospects through a personalized Prospect Experience, resulting in more consistently-set meetings.

Customers benefit from more targeted leads, predictable pipeline, and greater revenue. Our people-as-a-service (PaaS) model offers maximum results as cost-effectively as possible.

At CIENCE, we drink the same champagne as our clients, testing and running successful outbound campaigns. Recently, we debuted at #112 (#8 in Advertising & Marketing) on the INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States.

Sales conversations start here.

Solana Beach, CA
    Philippines
  • Av Adolfo López Mateos Nte 95
    Guadalajara, JAL 44648
    Mexico

Google, SOC Telemed, Square, Uber, Classy, Okta, iGenomX, Microsoft, ScaleFast, Fivestars, Instapage, CapGemini, Grow, Flashvote, SAP, Segment, Tuxedo Air, ML Conf, Rasa.io, ThruPore, Office Space, University of Texas, ReputationX, Yamaha, MUD\WTR, Qatar Airlines, Fairygodboss, Octane.ai, InfiniteMD, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), NetApp, Alfresco, Myers-Briggs, SendBird, US Bank

Solutions we offer Image

Solutions we offer

We offer a variety of service packages, including SDR Teams, Dedicated Researchers, and Sales Operations Specialists. Get in touch with us to talk about your needs and we'll recommend the best solution.

Campaign Analytics Image

Campaign Analytics

We provide daily reporting to our clients that feature data analytics on an easy-to-see dashboard to chart our activities and their successes.

Multi-channel Approach Image

Multi-channel Approach

Every lead has their preferred way of communicating, and we're experienced in getting to them from every angle — calling, emailing, social media, web, and offline boost the familiarity of your brand and unique value.

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages Image

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages

Our service packages include custom landing pages that deliver greater prospect experiences, bringing you closer to a closed deal.

Our Case Studies Image

Our Case Studies

Studying our own work is the key to understanding how we can do better for you and our clients. Check out more than 20 case studies collected over our experience in working with hundreds of clients in over 130 industries: https://cience.com/case-studies/

Sales Journey Highlights Image

Sales Journey Highlights

Over the years, we've become experts in leading the lead through each of these six stages of the sales journey.

Outbound Marketing for Virtual Escape Room Company

“I have to say that they’re probably one of the best teams I’ve had the fortune of working with.”

June 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies provides outbound marketing services to a virtual escape room company. The team does research and prospecting, and they book calls and meetings with leads.

Boston, Massachusetts
Kevin Wong
Co-Founder & CEO, Raid the Room LLC

CIENCE Technologies has exceeded expectations through their ability to find leads and book an average of 2–3 meetings per day. Responsive, proactive, and organized, the team collects and presents extensive data. They’re passionate about their work and the client’s success.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of Raid the Room LLC, a popup virtual escape room company. We do gamification and team building for large enterprise companies using our technology, which is a virtual escape room. Users play a timed gamer and work as a team to solve a series of puzzles in order to ‘escape the room.’

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

When we were getting started, we were looking for a way to get some more outbound marketing. I’m primarily responsible for sales, so I needed help with marketing. We had a handful of really large deals that I spent all of my time working on, but I knew that if we weren’t prospecting and reaching out proactively to those businesses, then our leads would dry up once those deals were done.

CIENCE Technologies took on our outbound marketing. We did a small trial with them, and it went really well.

They assigned us a team: a customer success manager, an account manager, and somebody who does messaging and leads.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We Googled a bunch of companies and considered pricing and information online. We had calls with a few of them, and CIENCE offered the best pricing and clearest understanding of what they provided. We did a pilot with two companies, and CIENCE was hands down way better. They were easy to work with and delivered better results.

We’ve spent about $30,000 since we began working with them.

We initially did a three-month trial in June 2019. Then, after I quit my corporate job in January 2020, we re-engaged them in February, and we’ve been with them since. We just renewed another six months with them. It seems to be working really well, so we’ll be working with them for the foreseeable future.

They’re amazing, especially the team that we work with. They communicate constantly with us and each other. They’re incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about what they do. I have to say that they’re probably one of the best teams I’ve had the fortune of working with. They’re great at what they do, produce lots of results, and are incredibly friendly people. You don’t often get people who not only enjoy their work but also enjoy getting results for you. The team is incredible, as is the quality of the results.

Working with them has allowed me to focus on other things; now, I just take the calls when they book them. Over the last six months, they’ve booked over 100 meetings for me. On average, I have 2–3 meetings per workday.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re more organized than I am. They always send a reminder for all of my calls, both to myself and to the prospect, which I find incredibly useful. They provide me with notes, and then we meet weekly to discuss what they’ve done, such as how many calls they’ve done or emails they’ve sent. They’re really strong from a data perspective. I appreciate how organized they are at not only gathering the data but also providing it to me and giving me ways to look into it myself.

If anything ever happens, I just Slack them, and they get right on it. They reschedule calls and send emails to follow up – they do stuff proactively that I don’t even think about. Sometimes, I’ll wonder if I emailed someone or if they got back to me, and then I’ll see an email from that person saying that my contact at CIENCE already reached out to them, and that they have a budget for our deal now. They’re really on top of their stuff.

The sheer volume of calls I get is unbelievable. I’ve done outbound work myself – at my first corporate job, I was making 400 cold calls a day – and they have more results than I did when I was doing this kind of work. I really appreciate how much they give me in terms of results. They’re just so enthusiastic and energetic about getting more.

The only thing is that a lot of their people work overseas. They’re still available and have it covered, but I always feel bad about reaching out to them outside of their business hours. Having more coverage in a time zone closer to us would be great.

I’d tell them to get started and do a pilot at the very least to see if it works for them. For my line of business, their services are great because we’re just trying to people get in the door and learn about what we do. Have CIENCE vet and research what messaging might work and see how it takes off. I’ve asked them if they set a record for how many meetings they scheduled for me, and they said they have a handful of clients who have had even more. It will definitely improve your business and save you time.

Overall Score It’s been perfect for me, and I think my co-founder would agree.
    They’re so on top of their game; it’s unbelievable.
    I recommend them all the time.

Campaign Followup & Lead Generation for Work Platform

“They were true professionals and could be relied upon to do a great job with anything that I tasked.”

Jan. - July 2020

CIENCE Technologies provided sales development representative (SDR) and research resources, helping to schedule meetings with campaign leads through outreach sequences and pursuing lead generation.

San Jose, California
Megan Myers
Field Marketing Manager, Wrike

CIENCE Technologies excelled at learning the product and determining the most effective way to communicate with potential targets, ultimately delivering highly satisfactory results. Thorough and responsive, the team remained on top of things. Customers can expect an effortless collaboration.

I’m the field marketing manager at Wrike, a collaborative work management platform that enables teams to work together on large projects. It also allows people to work cross-functionally and manage all of their work in one place.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We initially hired CIENCE to help with follow-up for the campaigns that we were running.

We worked with an SDR (sales development representative) team and a researcher. On the SDR side, CIENCE got leads from our campaigns and followed up with them through outreach sequences. Then, they helped schedule meetings with those leads.

The researcher would help us find contact information. They essentially did lead generation work.

We worked with four people from CIENCE.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I wasn’t at Wrike when we signed the contract, but the VP of marketing and I used to work at a different company where we had used CIENCE. We started using them at Wrike because our director of business development had also used them at his previous company.

We spent $4,900 a month for a three-month plan that included the researcher and SDR team.

Wrike started working with CIENCE in February 2020, but I started working with them in October 2018. Unfortunately, we had to terminate the contract, but that has nothing to do with them; we now have internal people available to do the work. We just recently finished the SDR part, and we’ll complete the research portion in July.

They are super thorough and very responsive. I would absolutely use them again. They do a great job of learning the product and figuring out the best way to communicate with potential targets. All in all, I was very impressed. I worked with the same SDR since 2018, and she was fabulous.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great. I never had to check in with them to see why something hadn’t been done; they were just on top of things. You could explain something one time, and they had it. It was easier to work with them than almost anybody that I’ve worked with in this capacity elsewhere.

I could give them a project and trust that they would get the work done in a great way, without me having to check-in. They were true professionals and could be relied upon to do a great job with anything that I tasked.

I requested that the researcher enrich different lists of personal email addresses, and I thought that the amount of professional email addresses that they were able to find was pretty low. From what I remember in the past, they had been able to find more work email addresses. I’m not sure if, because of COVID-19, a lot of people have lost their jobs and no longer have work email addresses. If they’ve changed the technology that they’re using, I’d recommend using it again, because I thought the researcher was able to supply more leads than they are now.

To get the most out of this, make sure that they are set up from the clients’ end with their process, permissions, Salesforce, and whatever email tools they’re going to be using. At my previous company, we were super smooth with ops, and it was very easy to do every project. At Wrike, we’re not as smooth with our operations, and it became a little bit more complicated. I think the onus is on the customer to get the most out of this relationship.

Overall Score The quality and speed of the research projects declined over time; however, I give 5s across the board to the SDR portion.

Contact & Market Data for Financial Software Provider

"They work quickly and efficiently."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies corrected the errors of a previous vendor, testing email and LinkedIn outreach. The team also compiled a list and provided a checklist that outlined the target audience.

Boise, Idaho
Gary Allen
CEO, LeanLaw

CIENCE Technologies has been successful in their outreach efforts thus far, generating a large number of LinkedIn connections and new signups. Not only are they an intelligent, patient partner, but they also strike a balance between taking their work seriously and fostering an enjoyable experience.

I’m the CEO & co-founder of LeanLaw. We sell financial software to law firms and professional service firms.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cience Technologies?

We were looking to do some direct outreach via email. We had worked with a different company and were dissatisfied with the results.

CIENCE Technologies has done two projects for us. The first project was to test email and LinkedIn outreach to mid-sized law firms and their managing partners. They cleaned up the poor results of the previous vendor and provided us with a list that reached our target audience.

For the other project, they created a list for a specific type of accountant who works with mid-sized law firms. The team provided parameters and a checklist to make sure we were happy with the targeted audience.

We work with two teammates: Sarah (Enterprise Sales Executive) and Natalie (Team Manager).

How did you come to work with Cience Technologies?

Our marketing consultant did some research and recommended them as a good option. I liked that they had fantastic resources on their website about how to pick a data consultant, as well.

So far, we’ve spent $6,000 in total; $2,000 for the first project, and $4,000 for the second.

We began working together in February 2020, and our engagement is ongoing.

From the first project, we made nearly 500 LinkedIn connections. With the second project, we just had our first outreach and had 25 new signups in our channel in one day. The list they provided was excellent. Our engagement with CIENCE Technologies has been very successful.

How did Cience Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They work quickly and efficiently. The team also sets appropriate expectations for timing, as well. I rate them very highly.

The CIENCE Technologies team is friendly and smart. They are very patient with us, and, while they take their job seriously, they are a lot of fun to work with.

No, none that I can think of.

Read their materials about choosing a consultant; they are very helpful.

Outreach for Customer Referral Platform

"The team is very knowledgeable about what they do, and they’ve done a good job of adapting to our processes."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies identifies companies and prospects with the aim of expanding the business’ outbound prospecting process. They work with the internal ideal customer profile (ICP) to carry out the outreach.

Jade Knoop
Operations Manager, Friendbuy

Thanks to their expertise, CIENCE Technologies has been able to help the business achieve its goal of reaching a high volume of companies and prospects. The team is flexible, adjusting to new tools and processes quickly. Their helpfulness, responsiveness, and openness to feedback are also notable.

I’m an operations manager at Friendbuy, a referral marketing platform that enables word of mouth recommendations via our technology. Companies use our platform to have their customers refer their friends and, in turn, receive a reward.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We hired them to build out and expand our outbound prospecting function.

CIENCE Technologies helps us to find companies to prospect and leads to target, and they do that by using our ideal customer profile (ICP) which we configured internally. We’ve been working with the team to enable the outreach.

On a daily basis, we work with three teammates, but there’s a full team behind them of about 10 individuals.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

An internal consultant recommended them.

We’ve spent about $7,000 over the past three months.

We began working with CIENCE Technologies in April 2020, and our engagement is ongoing.

They've helped us to expand not only the companies that we’ve reached out to but also the volume of prospects. The team is very knowledgeable about what they do, and they’ve done a good job of adapting to our processes while offering suggestions.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is easy to work with and quick to adapt. If we’ve made any process changes or want them to start using a new tool, they pick up the tool or process very quickly. The team is very friendly and helpful.

We communicate via Slack and email. The contact who manages the project is very efficient and good at making sure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner. If we ask her for any data to make sure that we’re hitting our metrics, she’s quick to respond. She’s also very data-oriented, which is great.

CIENCE Technologies’s team has been very helpful. What stands out to me is that they’re responsive, and they understand and pick up on tasks very fast. They are a pleasure to work with.

No, nothing comes to mind right away. If anything, because their team is in Ukraine, there were a few adjustments that we needed to make in the beginning during the onboarding process. Overall, they’ve been able to refine what we originally needed to work on.

Know what you’re looking for. Our company is very process-driven and specific when it comes to what we want, which helped with the onboarding process and getting CIENCE Technologies up to speed. Be concise and clear about what you want. Additionally, make sure you have the necessary materials to onboard them.

We had most of the materials but we had to create some of them. I would also advise customers to constantly think about how to refine the process because their team is so quick to adapt. If you think of a way that the process can be made better, be open with them because the team is open to feedback.

Sales Development Services for Research Company

"Every member of this team is of high caliber, very competent, articulate, and concise."

Feb. - June 2020

CIENCE Technologies served as Sales Development Representatives (SDR). They created messaging for an email campaign, identified the target market, and called contacts, among other tasks.

Austin, Texas
Laura Collins CPA, MAFM
Chief Financial Officer, Texas Research International Inc.

The vendor's efforts have turned around about 2-3 qualified appointments per week. The team only selects contacts that are well worth the client's resources. CIENCE Technologies maintains a seamless workflow marked by responsive, transparent communication. They're a deadline-oriented team.

TRI Solutions Markets and Sells Acumatica (ERP) and CALUMO (Corporate Performance Management) Cloud platforms to support the every changing needs of its clients by providing a tool delivering enterprise data to drive business decisions.

For what projects/services did your company hire CIENCE Technologies?

I employed Cience to provide an SDR Team to drive qualified leads interested in our solutions to our Sales Team.

To drive 1-2 qualified calls with new leads. We are very successful in achieving this goal.

This vendor was referred to me by another company that researched several organization that provide services such as Cience. I called Cience to schedule a call and I have been completely impressed with them every step of the way.

The project required messaging to be development for an email campaign on both of my products, identify the market we were going after and develop a list meeting all the requirements, then market to the last both through email and through linked in. Conduct calls to all the contacts on the list. Use predetermined content for this dialog and ultimately schedule appointments with interested prospects.

The team consisted of a Researcher, SDR, SDR Team, Sales Development Representative, Sales Operations Specialist and myself

Once ramped up we have been averaging 2-3 qualified appointments per week. I currently have 4 open opportunities that may turn into sales in the coming weeks as they continue to move forward. All of the appointments were with pre-qualified interested parties and have been worth my time.

Outstanding workflow. The process I have been through with this team has been seamless. I always know real time what is going on with their efforts and opportunities they push my way. Extremely response to any questions I have.

This is probably the most professional organization I have every worked with from start to finish. Every member of this team is of high caliber, very competent, articulate and concise. They also have delivered on time what they promised. I have recommended them to two other companies in the past view weeks that have decided to move forward with a Cience partnership because they are experiencing the same quality that I have.

Nothing comes to mind....

Easy
    Pricing is appropriate and fair!
    Exceptional
    Have already referred them twice to other companies

B2B Operations Scaling for Medical Consultation Platform

"Their team was extremely thorough."

Aug. 2019 - Feb. 2020

CIENCE Technologies managed outreach initiatives to scale operations for a telemedicine company. They created landing pages, copy, and contact lists to support campaigns. They also lead the LEED certification process.

Boston, Massachusetts
VP Marketing & Communications, Telemedicine Platform

CIENCE Technologies provided effective services that increased the click-through and email open rates. The team was meticulous and dedicated, remaining accessible throughout the day to facilitate a smooth engagement. They were affable and communicative, which resulted in a productive partnership.

I’m vice president of marketing and communication at an expert second opinion provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed to scale our B2B operation. We’re an emerging company, so we’ve been through a Series A and wanted to outsource some of our B2B work.

The initial project was designed around reaching decision-makers at large employers such as are Fortune 500s. CIENCE Technologies built lists and worked on LEED qualification. Their team wrote copy and built several custom landing pages to aid in our B2B campaign. They also established an instance in HubSpot that allowed us to manage the campaign. Their team conducted outbound calls and reported on the project’s status weekly.

We worked with a project manager, two sales development representatives, and partially assigned resources such as a copywriter.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We found CIENCE Technologies through a referral. We decided to use their services because they had a compelling offer; they offered a three-month campaign where we paid a reduced rate in order to demonstrate certain results. Their team also guaranteed a certain number of appointments.

Our engagement started in August 2019 and ended in February 2020.

We had a high click-through and email open rates. Globally, our email open rate was 18% across several campaigns. Our click-through rate was about 5%.

We didn’t have as many appointments as I hoped but that isn’t attributable to CIENCE Technologies. It’s attributable to buying personas and how decisions are made within the healthcare ecosystem of self-funded employers that provide benefits. Decisions are team-based. Through our experience oh having these calls and demos, we learned about the buying cycle and buying behavior as well as different stakeholders that are involved in making the decision. We had about 10 appointments out of 2,461 leads.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated by email and Zoom. Our account manager was an excellent communicator and kept everyone in the loop. She was thorough and worked well with all different types of personalities. She was flexible, remaining available to us during our business hours, which is an enormous investment.

I don’t have experience working with other B2B outsourced companies but CIENCE Technologies was everything that I sought in a partner. Their team was extremely thorough.

Their chief marketing officer’s brilliant but we only interacted with him once. We were assigned a copywriter who was junior, so a lot of the copywriting and content creation was done by my team in-house. Despite giving her background on our company, the first rounds of email campaigns required heavy revisions. The copywriter was nice to have but wasn’t sufficient for us to take our hands off the steering wheel.

Work with your project manager closely. They can only be as aligned with you as you are with them. They’re great at leading and wonderful at sharing their best practices across other clients and campaigns. Trust them and heed their advice.

Overall Score re good partners. They’re eager to learn and replicate.
    The value is there in terms of financial cost but there was a lot of education that has to go in initially. There was training that’s client focused.
    Nearly every single piece that we asked for them to produce was done in a timely fashion.

Outbound Services & Market Research for Chat API Company

“It’s really easy to work with them.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies does market research and provides outbound services for a global chat API company looking to expand their prospects and generate leads. They work primarily through email.

San Mateo, California
Eddie Parkansky
Head of Sales Operations, SendBird

CIENCE Technologies has created a large pipeline of revenue-generating deals that exceed internal expectations. Responsive and proactive, the team communicates seamlessly, provides frequent updates, and achieve quick turnarounds. They also maintain global outreach and provide great value for cost.

I’m the head of sales operations at SendBird, a global chat API company.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We had a small in-house SDR team and wanted to grow the team relatively quickly. We decided to look for an outsourced solution to get resources quickly and to avoid a long hiring process.

CIENCE Technologies provides outbound services. Their team tries to book meetings with prospects. They work for us globally across APAC, Europe, and the US. Their efforts are separate from what we do in-house.

We give them a general overview of potential prospects and where we want to focus. They do market research to find relevant prospects that we haven’t considered yet. They provide us with contact info. They mainly work through email; that’s where we see the most success in our channels. They’ve generated a landing page and collateral for some events we’ve had.

We interact with five people in different regions. There’s also a research team and a project manager who manages everything for us.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Through referrals, CIENCE Technologies’ name came up a few times, and we added them to the pool of companies we were checking out. After having discussions with many companies, we decided CIENCE Technologies was the best fit for us.

It’s less expensive to work with them than to get in-house resources.

We started working together in July 2019, and the work is ongoing.

We are satisfied with most of the metrics that we follow. They have reached tens of thousands of leads. Their open rates are about 50, which is pretty good. Our in-house team has copied some of their methods, campaign wording, etc. Their reply rate is also relatively decent. They schedule a lot of meetings. We’ve won a few deals and have had revenue coming in from the deals they’ve generated. They’ve created a relatively large pipeline for us, with some very nice logos that we’re surprised they were able to break into.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager is great and does an amazing job. They’re very communicative and update us on everything. They never go rogue; they always double-check with us. We’re satisfied with project management. They’re very responsive and proactive, and they have fast turnaround times.

The main reason we went with them is because we had references from people we knew. In addition, we felt their value for money proposition was appealing compared to others. They weren’t the cheapest, but they weren’t the most expensive. They also have a global outreach and aren’t just focused on the US market, as many startups are.

We’re satisfied with them. It’s really easy to work with them.

Give them a chance. We had the option of doing a trial before we started, which is a good way to check them out. Be very thoughtful and accurate about what you want, like the kind of companies and buyers you’re after.

I’ve recommended them to friends.

Lead Gen & Market Research for Tech Startup

"They follow this super scientific formula for figuring out what works and what doesn’t."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies provides lead generation, appointment setting, and research services for a software startup. They research names to target, co-write emails as pitches, and set appointments for the client.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sarah Allen-Short
VP of Sales & Marketing, Give and Take, Inc.

The client has attained 85 meetings so far with an average of one meeting per day, exceeding the client’s expectations. CIENCE Technologies delivers high-quality lead generation services. Their responsiveness, organized approach, and proactiveness stand out.

I’m VP of sales and marketing at Give and Take. We’re a startup that makes knowledge collaboration software.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed more leads and appointments.

CIENCE Technologies provides lead generation and appointment setting for us. Their research team finds names along the lines we ask for. We’ll give guidelines for the audiences we want to target, such as senior HR titles at companies with more than 10,000 employees.

Their business development reps (BDRs) then set appointments for us to do demos. We work together for the scripting process. CIENCE Technologies writes four pitch emails at a time, and I’ll edit each draft to how I like them.

While lead generation and research are their two main services, CIENCE Technologies also has written pitches, created a few landing pages, and provided strategy as needed.

Oksana (Customer Success Manager, CIENCE Technologies) is our main point of contact and account manager. We currently have one research person and one salesperson or BDR. We used to have two teams, but we don’t anymore because of cash flow issues on our end.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I was looking for companies that do outsourced insight sales. I interviewed a couple of companies, but while searching around, I found CIENCE Technologies and that they are a HubSpot preferred partner. Since we work with HubSpot, that made me call them. I ended up choosing CIENCE Technologies over another firm that’s run by a colleague of mine. Their costs were lower and their approach was much more scientific.

We currently spend $5,000 per month, but we used to spend $10,000 per month.

The partnership started in April 2019 and is ongoing.

CIENCE Technologies does great work: their research team is particularly on point. We just hit 85 meetings. We were expecting 1–2 per week at least. On a good week, we get one appointment a day. They’ve surpassed our minimum metric by far.

They require a little bit of oversight; whenever we go after a new audience, we have to tweak some things to make it the way we want it. The writing hasn’t always been great either, but that doesn’t bother me so much. It saves me time if they start the process and I tweak from there. I’m very happy with them and would recommend their team.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Oksana is fantastic: I have no complaints about her. She’ll always bring an issue to my attention before I even know about it. The salespeople we’ve worked with are really friendly. We have a call every week, and they use Google Data Studio reports to show me what works well, who’s responded, and other data points. They’re available and responsive whenever we need them. I was nervous about working with an outsourced team, but it feels very easy and natural to work with CIENCE Technologies. They’re like a part of my team.

Their price blows everybody else out of the water. Plus, CIENCE Technologies’ name reflects what they do: they follow this super scientific formula for figuring out what works and what doesn’t. Organized and routinized, it seems like they’ve dealt with whatever problem we’re experiencing 100 times before. Any company can say that, but we really feel that with CIENCE Technologies.

They could have better writers. Their writing has missed the mark sometimes. They also have a pretty short onboarding process where I fill out information about my business and they take it from there. I don’t know if they need more information or just lack high-quality writers.

Be really responsive because CIENCE Technologies will be responsive. If any slowdowns occur, it’ll be on our end. Also, stay as involved as you would be if this were an internal team. The more you help them out and supervise them, the better results you’re going to see.

Market Research for Stock Photo Company

“The customization that they were willing to provide really set them apart from other vendors.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Working within Salesforce, CIENCE Technologies dedicated a team to researching and locating new companies to outreach to. They provided possible matches, allowing the internal team to pitch APIs.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Nick Lazio
Team Manager, Shutterstock

The team successfully delivered 700 potential prospects to the stock photo provider, locating new options when issues with leads arose. Demonstrating their drive to develop a long-term relationship with their partner, they put in extra effort to ensure that they delivered quality work.

We’re a stock image company and provider that focuses on targeting marketing teams for e-commerce platforms. I work on the platform solutions team. We foster strategic partnerships with various companies whose users have a need for our assets on their website. For major CMS systems, people are able to license our images without event leaving the platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

It’s a difficult process to determine a strong target account. Typically, we have to do manual website research to determine how their users would benefit from an API integration. We were looking for a vendor that can help take that legwork off of my team, so my team could focus on the actual outreach aspects of our roles.

They were able to take a list of all the accounts that we’ve reached out to in Salesforce and look for brand new accounts that were good fits for our company. Not only were they need accounts, but they had a true need for our services.

I worked closely with their team to identify a good fit. We started by showing them links to blog posts from existing partners. That helped them determine how to define which companies would be good partners in the future. If the content was being created on the platform actively, that would be a solid match. They provided these fits to our CRM, so we could pitch them on API integrations.

I worked with Sara (Enterprise Sales Executive, CIENCE Technologies) and Natalie (Research Development Captain, CIENCE Technologies) on searching for good account fits.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I did a Google search and interviewed several companies. They were the first and only vendor that understood what we needed and was able to help us with the research aspect of the project. Others offered us data enrichment services, which we didn’t need. They were able to do what we needed.

We’ve spent about $2,000 on the project.

We started the project in October 2019, and our collaboration is ongoing.

If we can close a handful of the accounts we were given, the engagement will be more than worth it. There were about 70 companies that were not good fits, so they retroactively replaced them with better options after we did a deeper dive into our target audience.

I appreciate Sarah’s willingness to check in on us for updates. She clearly sees this as a longer-term relationship. That type of personalized service was really great for us. We bought 700 accounts from them.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The team handled the project very well. Sarah took over about halfway through the project, so I was really impressed with her ability to provide us with high-quality accounts.

Their initial effort to thoroughly understand what we were asking for made them stand out from other vendors. They didn’t try to push additional services onto our team, and their team worked with us to accomplish our goals. The customization that they were willing to provide really set them apart from other vendors.

Initially, we could’ve determined what would make a good fit earlier in the relationship. That would’ve helped us on the first pass.

They can adapt themselves to fit your needs. If you let them know what you’re looking for, they can deliver to your process.

Lead Generation for Application Plugin Company

"I can’t say enough good things about the whole CIENCE Technologies team."

2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies researches contacts for a plugin developer to help generate leads. They had provided outbound sales services in the past, and they also lead data cleanup efforts as needed.

Demand Generation Lead, Internet Company

The team delivers about 100 quality leads per week, leading to more work for CIENCE Technologies. They demonstrate expertise in their range of skills as well as flexibility in their service. Responsiveness and reliability are hallmarks of the collaboration.

I’m the demand generation lead for an internet company.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We were looking for ways to accelerate our lead gen program and give us more top-of-funnel leads to pursue.

CIENCE Technologies used to provide outbound sales development. We’ve replaced that service with an internal staff, but we had a good experience with their team. They picked up where our previous internal sales development rep (SDR) left off. We provided them with a lot of content, but CIENCE Technologies was able to come up with responses in the moment. They then effectively transitioned the process to our current sales reps.

Currently, CIENCE Technologies researches contacts at companies that we’re targeting for business—finding new contacts or enriching contact information. They’re also doing projects to confirm or clean up data for us. We give them lists of companies related to our upcoming shows or the top companies in those industries, and then they find information on those firms. Once we have that information, our sales team reaches out.

I have two points of contact. Julia (Senior Lead Researcher, CIENCE Technologies) is our primary researcher. She leads a team behind the scenes. Her manager, Dima (Senior Team Captain, CIENCE Technologies), is on emails to observe. We also work with their billings departments.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Our company was already working with them when I joined the team, so I don’t have any insight into that.

We spend $8,000–$10,000 per year. They’re bringing us about the equivalent of a full-time, domestic lead-gen employee.

I started working with them in April 2019, and the partnership is ongoing.

On average, they deliver about 100 great leads per week.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Julia is great. She seems to be available 24/7 given how fast she always responds to my messages. She’s willing to have meetings with me within 48 hours of scheduling them. I can’t say enough good things about the whole CIENCE Technologies team.

I don’t have too much insight into other providers, but CIENCE Technologies is a nice hybrid of services. They can fill in data and think outside the box, but they also can churn out high-quality leads for us.

I have no real complaints. I’d love more insights into the research process—I don’t actually know how much staff are working against our account. It’d be interesting to learn more about the process.

Make the most of your relationship by knowing what you want beforehand. Define your customer base and give CIENCE Technologies targeting goals to hit.

Gold