Human-driven & Machine-powered Lead Gen Services

Gold

CIENCE offers human-driven and machine-powered b2b lead generation services and solutions.

The CIENCE Outbound method begins with highly-accurate, bespoke research on target audiences. Utilizing multi-channel outreach and appointment setting best practices, our specialized SDR walk prospects through a personalized Prospect Experience, resulting in more consistently-set meetings.

Customers benefit from more targeted leads, predictable pipeline, and greater revenue. Our people-as-a-service (PaaS) model offers maximum results as cost-effectively as possible.

At CIENCE, we drink the same champagne as our clients, testing and running successful outbound campaigns. Recently, we debuted at #112 (#8 in Advertising & Marketing) on the INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States.

Sales conversations start here.

Solana Beach, CA
    Philippines
  • Av Adolfo López Mateos Nte 95
    Guadalajara, JAL 44648
    Mexico

Google, SOC Telemed, Square, Uber, Classy, Okta, iGenomX, Microsoft, ScaleFast, Fivestars, Instapage, CapGemini, Grow, Flashvote, SAP, Segment, Tuxedo Air, ML Conf, Rasa.io, ThruPore, Office Space, University of Texas, ReputationX, Yamaha, MUD\WTR, Qatar Airlines, Fairygodboss, Octane.ai, InfiniteMD, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), NetApp, Alfresco, Myers-Briggs, SendBird, US Bank

Solutions we offer Image

Solutions we offer

We offer a variety of service packages, including SDR Teams, Dedicated Researchers, and Sales Operations Specialists. Get in touch with us to talk about your needs and we'll recommend the best solution.

Campaign Analytics Image

Campaign Analytics

We provide daily reporting to our clients that feature data analytics on an easy-to-see dashboard to chart our activities and their successes.

Multi-channel Approach Image

Multi-channel Approach

Every lead has their preferred way of communicating, and we're experienced in getting to them from every angle — calling, emailing, social media, web, and offline boost the familiarity of your brand and unique value.

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages Image

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages

Our service packages include custom landing pages that deliver greater prospect experiences, bringing you closer to a closed deal.

Our Case Studies Image

Our Case Studies

Studying our own work is the key to understanding how we can do better for you and our clients. Check out more than 20 case studies collected over our experience in working with hundreds of clients in over 130 industries: https://cience.com/case-studies/

Sales Journey Highlights Image

Sales Journey Highlights

Over the years, we've become experts in leading the lead through each of these six stages of the sales journey.

Email Mktg. & Cold Calling for Medical Product Manufacturer

"I felt the most confident in continuing my project with CIENCE Technologies."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies performed email marketing and cold calling services for a manufacturer looking to diversify its customer base. The team researched various avenues for business opportunities.

Boston, Massachusetts
Michael Carignan
President, Wachusett Precision Tool Inc.

New clients and opportunities have come aboard since CIENCE Technologies became involved. Their team is skilled in their field, providing a confident service. Their professionalism is also noteworthy. Customers can plan for a fruitful engagement while working with their team.

I’m the president and owner of a company that manufactures plastic injection molds. We’ve been in business for about three years and have around 22 employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We had seen significant growth in our first three years. Despite doubling our sales year after year, we exhausted all of our contacts. We hired CIENCE Technologies to expand and diversify our customer base.

At the start of the engagement, I filled out a questionnaire. After that, their team started researching growth opportunities that would end up being part of the campaign. The team at CIENCE Technologies performed cold calling and crafted a three-month email campaign for the business.

We work with a project manager and four other members of their team.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

While I researched companies online, I was also approached by a few. I believe CIENCE Technologies was one of them. I narrowed my search down to three and received proposals from each. I felt the most confident in continuing my project with CIENCE Technologies.

We’ve invested around $15,000.

I first engaged with CIENCE Technologies over a year ago but didn’t feel the timing was right. About three months ago, we started moving forward with the campaign.

The campaign is still ongoing, finishing up in about a week. I measure the number of opportunities we’ve established through the campaign. I’m also in the process of further engaging with those companies and actively quoting new programs for them. I decided that if I ended up with three new customers that gave me consistent business, then this would be a success.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they were great. My experience with CIENCE Technologies was extremely professional. Meetings were once a week. Their systematic approach made it all easy for me.

We’ve hadn’t worked with anyone else for this service, but one of the things that swayed me was their accuracy during the proposal phase. The research that their team brought back hit all of the marks. I felt comfortable working with them after seeing that list.

No, I’m happy with the process.

Anyone that was in my position would benefit from their service. I recommend working with CIENCE Technologies for a great experience.

Very good value.
    I’d definitely recommend them.

Cold Calling Lead Generation Service for Software Company

“They immediately take responsibility for their work, trying to move the project forward.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies conducts cold calls with potential clients for an employee benefits SaaS startup. In their work, they researched ideal candidates to call and developed a script to communicate the pitch.

Oakland, California
CEO, Software Company

The team’s assistance so far has earned the client 55 upcoming appointments with interested customers. While no deals have closed yet, the client is confident that they’ve been given qualified leads that will soon convert. Professional and communicative, their devotion made a difference.

I’m the CEO of a tech company that sells a SaaS product.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

Through technology, we’re trying to help employees with their benefits, but we needed to get our name out there.

The team conducted cold calls and emails in a lead generation effort, helping us set up appointments for interested clients. As part of that process, they built the script, allowing me to do final edits to assure our message correctly came across. Otherwise, it was clear that they knew how to structure the script. From there, they conducted research to find ideal contacts to call, and the team got right to it.

We worked with a project manager, lead generation representative, a research specialist, and a scriptwriter.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We found them on an online ratings and reviews website and noticed that they had served many happy clients in the past.

We’ve spent under $10,000 on their services.

We started the project in mid-August 2019, and the engagement is ongoing.

Within three months of working with them, they’ve been able to set up 55 meetings with interested customers through their efforts. About half of them are high-quality leads. While we haven’t closed anything yet, we’re expecting Q1 of 2020 to be the opportune time to execute. At the start of our relationship, our main goal waws to increase awareness of our product and brand, which they’ve definitely helped us achieve.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

CIENCE Technologies put 100% effort into project management. They were professional, detailed, and dedicated to producing high-quality work.

They’re much more cost-effective than other vendors we considered. They immediately take responsibility for their work, trying to move the project forward.

The cold calls were less effective than their email work. It may be helpful if they could address that discrepancy in their script. Still, their results have been solid.

Invest a decent amount of time in helping them ramp up to be most successful. It’s important that they understand the product and the pitch. In these situations, it has to be both a financial and time investment in your partners. Their team will be very responsive to your efforts.

I’ve done several referrals for them already.

Omni-Channel Lead Generation for Marketplace Management

"CIENCE Technologies has certainly built a machine around the lead generation process."

July - Nov. 2019

CIENCE Technologies provided B2B outbound lead generation services, targeting multimillion-dollar brands that sell consumer products. The engagement lasted 4 months in preparation for the holiday season.

Corona, California
Justin W. Boggs
Chief Revenue Officer, Marketplace Valet

From email marketing, LinkedIn messaging, and outbound calls to data gathering, CIENCE Technologies proved to be a full-service provider. They set up connections with decision-makers at high-profile companies, making sure that the leads were well-prepared to discuss their options.

I am the Chief Revenue Officer of Marketplace Valet, a company that provides marketplace account management, sales, and fulfillment services for mid to large size brands and ecommerce companies.

For what projects/services did your company hire CIENCE Technologies?

We hired CIENCE for their B2B outbound lead generation services. Our ideal customer profile are multi million dollar brands selling consumer products.

Often it can be difficult to track down the right decision maker at such companies as the responsibility for decisions related to marketplace sales and services may cross several departments.

So we needed a service provider that could readily identify qualified prospects and set meetings with the right decision makers.

The goal is to set meetings with qualified prospects meeting the established criteria for my ideal customer profile. Additionally, this effort was to save our company and sales staff the time and resources typically invested into scouting and prospecting.

After thorough research into several companies providing these types of services, I decided to go with CIENCE because of their great online reviews and what I perceived to be a reasonable price for all of the services provided.

For the purposes of lead generation and outreach, we wanted to do business with CIENCE for a 4 month period leading up to Q4. This is the ideal time frame for brands and ecommerce companies looking to gear up for the holiday, and thus an ideal time for setting meetings that could actually convert into paying clients.

My role was to oversee CIENCE weekly results, coordinate with Marivic to improve campaign metrics, and show up for the scheduled sales appointments. CIENCE was responsible for gathering and filtering data for outreach each week, email marketing, outbound phone calls, and linkedin messaging.

In addition, CIENCE developed a customized landing page for our campaigns, and set us up with a hubspot CRM account to manage prospecting.

CIENCE is a full service provider, and it certainly felt that way from the very beginning. I don't think I had a single weekly call with them that didn't include at least 4 team members.

Specifically, I want to give Marivic Josue praise as she was my campaign project manager, ensuring that all my requirements and requests were met. In addition to her role, there were folks that handled email content righting, email deliverability testing, prospect research, landing page development, and metrics analysis.

In the first month, the team was able to schedule 2 meetings, including a massive publicly traded household electronics company. This really set the tone for the rest of the project, as this was exactly the type of lead that I was hoping to get in touch with. And I can confirm that the key decision makers were all on the line, and everyone clearly understood why the call was scheduled.

I mention this because I have used "other" lead generation services in the past that "schedule meetings" with your qualified leads just to find that I end up on the phone with folks that have no idea why they are on a call with you, vaguely remember ever scheduling anything at all, or don't know at all why I was calling in the first place.

I never had that experience with any of the meetings scheduled by CIENCE. Each passing month of the campaign generated a greater number of scheduled meetings. I would attribute this to the multi touch point efforts from CIENCE and the number of follow ups.

Ultimately the results that any business actually cares about are leads that turned into revenue. For our company our sales cycle can easily take 6 months, so I don't expect a quick close. However, I can say that I have sent proposals to several of the brands that held meetings with me, and I do expect at least one of these accounts to close before year end.

The reason that I chose to outsource in the first place was to save me the time of prospecting and managing that process. You will choose to outsource to a company such as CIENCE if you really want to be hands off in the process and simply show up to scheduled appointments. All communications and requests come in an organized fashion, directed by your account manager (Marivic in my case).

Summaries, recordings, and next steps are all included after each weekly meeting and posted into your secure client specific Basecamp account. So its easy to reference what the team is up to and what has occurred thus far.

So again, for the duration of the campaign, I was able to shift my focus to other business strategy initiatives at my company, while CIENCE took on the burdon of lead generation and prospecting for me. Compete and coordinated appointments were scheduled by your SDR, mine was Harley. She would handle any scheduling conflicts, working around both mine and the prospects calendars.

What stood out the most to me was the number of team members attached to my campaign. CIENCE Technologies has certainly built a machine around the lead generation process. That's clearly what allows them to scale with clients.

I think that all of the outbound email efforts were the most effective part of the service. Unfortunately the outbound calls didn't work out. This could be just a sign of the times, with many folks preferring electronic communications vs answering a phone call, or perhaps it stems from a level of difficultly in clearly delivering the pitch to a brand over the phone the same why that I would.

Often there are nuances and particulars that I could easily cover in the conversation (after years of being in the weeds) that can be hard for anybody to quickly pick up and convey over a first phone call with a real prospect.

Lead Gen. & Research for Marketing Software Company

"They’re flexible with requirements and always very responsive."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies generates leads via email, phone, and LinkedIn. The team conducts research to identify prospects, frequently storing their findings in the client's Salesforce database.

Adit Gupta
Director of Business Development, Instapage

CIENCE Technologies delivers a substantial amount of output at a fraction of the cost of an internal team. Their structured workflow, coupled with their transparent approach, makes them a valuable partner. Customers can expect superior results from a proactive and knowledgable team.

Instapage makes software that helps advertisers increase conversions through a combination of landing page optimization and testing. As the head of business development, I lead all business development efforts and technology partners while also managing our sales channels.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

When I joined the startup team about a year and a half ago, we were struggling to scale up our marketing efforts. Our goal was to find a way to create a substantial pipeline of potential agencies and partners that we could eventually recruit to drive sales. CIENCE Technologies was brought in specifically for lead generation and appointment setting.

CIENCE Technologies has become an extension of our outbound sales team. They’ve taken over the entire process of target scoping, lead scrubbing, and conducting outreach via email and phone campaigns to generate appointments. We have a dedicated researcher who helps us compile lists of top targets based on whatever requirements we give. Each line item on these lists has a proposed point of contact with all relevant information—email, phone number, LinkedIn, and website.

CIENCE Technologies primary output is appointment generation. They manage the entire processing of setting up meetings. For example, we gave them the full list of attendees from a conference that we participated in, and they went through and booked meetings with the ones that matched our ICP. They managed all of our calendars, including rescheduling requests and cancellations.

The team is also responsible for updating our Salesforce database, either directly or through spreadsheets. We’re able to give them large sets of leads, and they’ll qualify them to figure out which companies fit our criteria based on our ideal customer profile (ICP).

They use internal automation tools to reach out to prospects on our behalf. They use various channels—email, phone, and LinkedIn for the most part—and have in-house copywriters who craft the messages. We did have to onboard the team at the beginning, but now they can rely on their own templates.

They have our pitch decks, as well as some internal messaging and best practices, but they’re very self-sufficient. I’ll review their transcripts and such and make edits as needed. They also test various subject lines and copy to see which works best.

Angela (Head of Accounts, CIENCE Technologies) is our primary business point of contact. She manages contract renewals and other administrative tasks. Angela manages all of their accounts, but we also have a day-to-day sales development manager who’s dedicated to our project.

With those two team members, as well as our dedicated researcher, we have a team of three individuals working for us. John (CEO, CIENCE Technologies) is also involved, and I can bring him in at any time.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We met at the HubSpot inbound conference. They reached out to me and set up an appointment with their CEO. I went and had coffee with them, and they pitched me on their services. It was perfect timing because I had just joined Instapage and was looking for a way to scale my team without hiring internal team members.

It seemed like an excellent opportunity to test out a new pipeline augmentation method. We created a pilot plan with three tests for them to show how they generate leads. I ended up extending that three-month trial period, and then eventually offered them a contract.

My business unit spends $4,000 per month, which is just under $50,000 per year. There’s another business unit at Instapage that pays an equal amount.

The trial period began in September 2018. I’ve been working with them for over a year now, and the partnership is ongoing.

The quality of work is fantastic, and their work ethic is second to none. CIENCE is an offshore team, but they’re available during US hours. We have weekly meetings based on my schedule, and whenever I give them a task, it’s typically done by the following morning. They’re also quick to answer questions at any time.

Compared to an internal team of sales development representatives (SDR), CIENCE is much more effective. They produce four times the outreach volume at a third of the cost. I’ve seen months where they’ve sent almost 6,000 emails, which is a crazy amount. Not only are they sending these emails, but they’re also converting them into appointments, and their conversion rates are at least two or three times higher than our internal SDRs.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m super impressed with their approach. I’m the one who decided to extend our relationship after the trial period, and it’s because they managed the process so well. They’re flexible with requirements and always very responsive. Like I mentioned earlier, we have two business units that have independent contracts with them. That alone is a testament to the excellent work they do.

Our business point of contact is well-versed in the details of our contract. She’s great at maintaining our professional relationship. The CEO is behind the scenes, but we typically connect during quarterly or mid-year reviews. I can also escalate to him when I need to have more high-level conversations.

They deliver results, and they feel like a part of our team. We’ve had the same project manager throughout the engagement, and she understands our pitches and our ICP very well at this point. She’s able to answer emails and handle problems without my support because she knows our product inside and out.

We communicate with the team pretty regularly on Slack, and they very much operate as if they were internal, rather than a third-party entity. They’re also professional and collaborative, which sets them apart from other offshore service providers. Some vendors expect a ton of hand-holding, but CIENCE is proactive enough to get things done without our guidance.

CIENCE is also innovative. They test various subject lines and copy for email templates to see which ones work the best. They’ll also give me feedback about how the testing went, with specific metrics showing which templates performed well.

I’ve been working with them over a year now, and our working cadence is well established. They also understand our targets. We’re at a stage now where we can let them know about an upcoming event and trust that they’ll handle everything, whether it be templates, an event playbook, or just appointment setting.

They’ve improved a lot since we started working together. CIENCE is very methodical, and all of their data is easily accessible through a Google dashboard. I don’t even have to ask; I can look at the status of each campaign on my own time.

The dashboard shows everything, from overall performance to reply rates, conversation rates, and appointment cycle times. We started using the dashboard within the past three or four months. As long as that remains, I don’t think there are any improvements to make.

CIENCE is a great fit if you’re trying to drive a part of your sales pipeline or test our new messaging very quickly for a small price. They’re a good alternative for companies who are looking to invest in services rather than hiring and onboarding internal people.

They can also complement your sales development team. CIENCE will do the grunt work to allow your in-house team to focus on pitching and closing deals. They can take care of the operational overhead that your internal team probably doesn’t like to do, even though it’s necessary.

Overall Score I have no complaints. We’ve had a great experience.

Lead Gen. for Chemical & BioTech Manufacturer

"We worked great together, and I was able to spend more time on strategy and new product development."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies delivers qualified leads on a weekly basis for a chemical and biotechnology manufacturing firm. The team also offers the client access to a CRM database.

Wilmington, Delaware
John Currie
VP Sales & Mktg., ThruPore Technologies, Inc.

The client is benefitting from better CPL and higher conversation rates, partly due to the increased volume of qualified leads. Dedicated and proactive, CIENCE Technologies offers tailored support at every stage. Customers can expect a flexible, experienced partner.

I'm VP Sales & Mktg., responsible for all topline, revenue-producing activities and resources. This includes strategy, targets, marketing, sales.

For what projects/services did your company hire CIENCE Technologies?

All. We started in chemicals - selling catalysts. Cience executed top-of-funnel work - globally - and brought us about 25 qualified leads in 4 months. Since then we have branched out to other sectors, such as fuel cells, and medical devices.

1. Lower CAC/ROI-per lead. Industry benchmark is very high #.
  2. "Show Up" at scale.
  3. Understand Funnel/Pipeline Conversion Rates All 3 were achieved. Excellent numbers and return on the Project.

Cienc did a good job standing out from the crowd. I was deluged with agencies asking for services after we received our seed funding. I know how hard the work is. Cience gave me 250 free leads (to impress me with their research tools), and asked for a pilot, which is what I really needed (not the research). I engaged with the Pilot and they knocked it out of the Park.

The Project has grown in scope to add multiple technologies. We've shifted our model from a longer sales cycle to selling shorter term R&D Projects to higher-qualified customers.

This shift resulted in a much harder sales model, which Cience has stepped up for. Cience delivers about 1 qualified lead per week, making our CAC abuot $1,000. The value of winning a Customer is huge and long-term.

Cience has impressed me with the depth and breadth of the team they put on ThruPore. There is a full-time Sales Dev. Rep., a top notch Market Researcher, a great Project Manager, and part-time Content writers and web-landing-page developers.

We did a Campaign involving Case Studies on a new Landing Page, with the ability to purchase our Products. We are excited to see if that tactic produces serious revenue for our very-high-tech sale.

Did I mention that a fully populated CRM comes with this work? The value of this data base tool alone that we now have is significant.

The highlights:

• Increased Company reputation, size & scope (we showed up, we saw immediate and ongoing website hits tied to campaigns)
  • Cost per Lead (CPL) = $1,000 (10x better than industry benchmark)
  • Immediate feedback on new Product Ideas
  • Known conversion rates
  • Pure output: ~50 Meetings (Qualified Leads), 14000 emails across 800 companies.

Great. We have a very small team, a key driver for considering an agency. We worked great together, and I was able to spend more time on strategy and new product development. Ciecne did the very hard email outreach "showing up", following up, and working to secure meetings.

Incredible value. I didn't want a "list". I didn't want market research. I didn't want an inbound content marketer. I needed the ENTIRE PROCESS—research companies, research exec. targets, do the outreach, do the follow-up, do the communications, update the CRM, manage admin/funnel. On a global basis.

I really can't think of any. I said at the beginning of the Project .... "Shame on me if I can't keep this Team busier than a 1-arm paper-hanger."

Great tools
    Incredible value

Email Marketing and Research for Software Company

"CIENCE Technologies is full of responsive workers that are willing to try new things."

2.0

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies performed email outreach and lead research to find potential clients for a digital development company. The team sent out emails with provided copy and also used LinkedIn as a resource.

11- 50 Employees

Columbus, Ohio
Product Manager & Head of Marketing, Software Company

While email outreach is stalled, CIENCE Technologies provides in-depth research and work. They stand out from competitors in their industry. Their team could’ve provided a bit more coaching, but they deliver a responsive service. The team at CIENCE Technologies also takes scope changes and feedback in stride.

I work at a small digital firm that builds apps, websites, web apps, and IoT products for companies. I’m the product manager and run marketing as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed more leads. Finding businesses can be challenging, and we hired CIENCE Technologies to reach out to potential customers that need our different offerings.

CIENCE Technologies started with email outreach for us. Using email copy we provided, they would reach out. We didn’t have any set goals but wanted to see what could happen. Their team also used LinkedIn for outreach, and then we played around with phone calls for a short period of time.

Their team also performs lead research for us. For that, we tell them what we want to see in the leads. They find people, companies, their contacts, titles, emails, LinkedIn pages, and phone numbers. Their team deep dives into social media to find information. The idea is to see if we can find and contact the right individual and try to make a connection.

Daria (Sales Development Representative, CIENCE Technologies) is our main point of contact. I worked with others on email outreach and research.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

CIENCE Technologies was discovered by the man who was previously doing marketing for us. I believe he received an email from them, which is coincidentally what we hired them for.

We’ve spent about $4,000 per month, and have been working with them for a year and a half.

Our engagement with CIENCE Technologies began in April 2018.

We’re still working with CIENCE Technologies on the research side where they provide a high-quality service. Ultimately, we decided the results from outreach weren’t worth the investment, so we wrapped that up a couple weeks ago.  While the stats weren’t what we hoped, it wasn’t any fault of their own. It involved the messaging on our end; we need to work on how we describe our company’s value. We have to work on finding the right message to gage interest and responses.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style is excellent. CIENCE Technologies is full of responsive workers that are willing to try new things. In the beginning, we had a lot of things that needed tweaking and moving around. They were prepared to change things at the drop of a hat.

I was impressed with the research aspect and how well they can take a specific target and turn it into results. Other lead generation companies will ask for information and filter keywords through their database. CIENCE Technologies gets a lot more detailed than their competitors.

I wish we had more help with general messaging. A little bit more coaching from them on messaging and how to craft emails, since they are the experts. I feel that because we’re the client, they wanted us to tell them what to do. It would’ve been more helpful if they showed us how to move forward and how other clients have done similar things.

The person in charge of marketing before me was a bit of a micromanager. He wrote out formulas and had everything planned out step-by-step. I’m not sure if their approach was a result of working with him. They may have assumed we wanted it executed in a similar way.

CIENCE Technologies does great work. I would suggest having your targets and messaging well-defined before an engagement starts. Once you get through that, then everything else should be good to go.

Lead Gen for Managed IT Services Company

"The team was well-organized, highly communicative, and very mindful of our image in the marketplace."

Apr. 2018 - Aug. 2019

CIENCE Technologies acquired leads through research and lists from target industry events for a managed IT service provider. The team led campaigns, assisted in phone and email communication, and cleaned a CRM.

Plano, Texas
Director of Marketing, Managed IT Services Company

The team’s efforts drew over 9,000 prospective leads, including more than 40 appointments set in one campaign. CIENCE Technologies’ success came from their expert resources, their willingness to ask questions, and their fast response times. The team’s high level of communication stood out.

I’m the director of marketing for a managed IT service and network solutions provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We wanted to gain more leads for our direct sales team and gain more traction from industry events to create a larger lead pipeline.

CIENCE Technologies provided a sales development rep (SDR) who assisted our outbound email and phone calls. We also had a sales assistant who nurtured our email pipeline and communication. The team helped clean up our CRM and load leads as well.

We worked with three people, including our lead Daria (Customer Success Manager, CIENCE Technologies) RJ (SDR, CIENCE Technologies) and Miroslava (Sales Assistant, CIENCE Technologies). Prior to Miroslava joining as our sales assistant, we worked with two other resources.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Our previous lead generation agency did not meet our quality standards, so our vetting was extra careful this time. I came across CIENCE Technologies on Google and met with a business development rep. He was phenomenal to talk to.

We started working together in April 2018, and the collaboration wrapped up in July 2019.

CIENCE Technologies was a wonderful partner to work with. During our collaboration, we gained over 9,000 prospects, and one campaign for an event gathered us 40 appointments. We only stopped because of internal budgetary factors.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We had an effective engagement. Our weekly calls were productive, and CIENCE Technologies shared reports with us in advance to review. We used Basecamp and phone calls to communicate.

The team was highly responsive to any challenges we came across. For example, some of our customers do business under a different name from their legal or directory name, leading to duplicate entries. Once we pointed out the issue, CIENCE Technologies was on top of it. In addition, whenever the team ran into a problem—such as responding to a tricky email—they reached out to us. They didn’t try to tackle it on their own, which we appreciated.

The team was well-organized, highly communicative, and very mindful of our image in the marketplace. Daria and Max (Business Representative, CIENCE Technologies) did a fantastic job staying in touch with our side and taking care of our needs.

CIENCE Technologies tends to hire young employees right out of college, which can lead to more frequent turnover. This caused challenges when the turnover occurred during our campaigns. The incoming person often operated under the departing person’s name in communication to maintain continuity on the client’s side.

However, all in all, everyone at CIENCE Technologies was wonderful to work with. They communicated politely and seamlessly in English. The team was always willing to ask questions if they didn’t understand a concept.

Make sure that CIENCE Technologies knows who the target accounts are and what types of businesses they're looking for before you get started. Also, assign a team member who can manage the CIENCE team from your side, which can be a time-intensive responsibility.

Market Research and Lead Gen for Bio Firm

"Their ability to do targeted research stood out."

Mar. - June 2019

CIENCE Technologies generated a list of targeted customers and ran outreach as part of a lead generation campaign. They did research to identify suitable targets.

Oro Valley, Arizona
Bernard M. Chaudoir
Market Manager, Alicat Scientific

The research list and the outreach program that CIENCE Technologies created both exceeded expectations. Their team coordinated well and delivered on time and within budget.

I am the marketing manager for Bioreactors. I run a small internal group focused on growing our presence in that market. This includes advertising, sales process, product generation, and key customer management.

For what projects/services did your company hire CIENCE Technologies?

We did not have a good list of customers and prospects.

We wanted to generate a more or less exhaustive list of companies and target engineers in this space, as well as 6­—9 leads.

I had worked with them before in another capacity. I was happy with the research they did then, so when I looked for other places, CIENCE Technologies still came out on top.

They generated the desired list for us with speed and accuracy and implemented a lead generation campaign. They researched the biopharma space and found appropriate target names and contact info for us. They also reached out to target people using scripts that they generated.

We worked with a project manager, a dedicated sales resource, scriptwriters, and business network contacts.

We received a completed research list that exceeded our expectations. The outreach program was not as successful as we had hoped, but it met the expectations they laid out for us. Overall, they delivered the correct product on time and on budget.

The workflow was great. We were in contact as required and had weekly coordination meetings. They completed the project ahead of schedule. Our project manager was terrific.

Their ability to do targeted research stood out. They were able to find names and roles correctly amidst organizations that are very difficult to penetrate due to the secrecy of the industry.

Sometimes I would catch an English error or we'd not get as many engagements as we thought, but overall, everything went smoothly and they did a great job of course correcting themselves.

They integrated well with our team and time zones.
    Their prices are reasonable.
    They did a great job.

Lead Gen Services for Media Services Company

"They utilize technology better than anyone else I’ve seen."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies performs lead generation services to increase a customer base for a media services business. The team researches potential leads before scheduling meetings.

Vermont
CEO, Media Services Company

It’s still early in the process, but CIENCE Technologies schedules three to four meetings with prospective clients a week. Their transparency is noteworthy. Their communicative approach supplemented their professional management style. Expect a streamlined process working with CIENCE Technologies.

I’m the CEO of a company that provides services to both print and video media companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We’re based in Vermont, and most of our video clients are in New York or Los Angeles. This poses a challenge for us because we’re outside the epicenter of the film and television world. We do excellent work at phenomenal prices. It’s just that people don’t know about us. We hired CIENCE Technologies to solve our problem by gaining new customers.

CIENCE Technologies is funding lead generation services for our company. After researching prospective leads in the industry, they start working down the list to arrange meetings each week for us with potential customers.

We work with Michael (SDR Team Captain, CIENCE Technologies) who acts as the sales development rep, and Daria (Customer Success Manager, CIENCE Technologies) who is the project manager.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We have two separate media business lines and were searching for a lead generation company for one of them. This was a year before our work began with CIENCE Technologies. We decided to go with another lead generation firm because CIENCE Technologies doing their calling from overseas made our team a bit nervous. The other firm did a fine job, but we were looking at another vendor for the video side. After starting conversations with CIENCE Technologies, we decided to give them a shot to see how they perform compared to the other agency.

We’ve spent about $15,000–$20,000 so far.

Our engagement with CIENCE Technologies began in February 2019.

CIENCE Technologies is doing an exceptional job getting our name out there and scheduling meetings. In terms of results, we’re getting about three to four meetings a week, which is phenomenal. Since it’s early in the process, we haven’t landed any new clients yet, but we’re building a pipeline of potential customers through our talks. We’re thinking about replacing our old vendor with them for our other service line.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the things I like about CIENCE Technologies is how transparent they are with data. We have standard weekly meetings on Mondays with Daria and Michael. Every week, we receive a report and go through what happened during the last week. Their excellent project management style is complemented by their effective communication.

CIENCE Technologies has a smooth process to onboard and start a new campaign. They utilize technology better than anyone else I’ve seen. I appreciate that the data is available for everyone to see.

No, not at this point.

During the first month of working with a lead generation company, there’s a learning curve. Both parties have to get to know each other, so that is expected. Also, clients need to be involved and available in the beginning because CIENCE Technologies is going to have questions and need the information to do their work.

Overall Score Granted it’s still the early days, but they’re doing good so far.

Lead Gen & Research for Large Communications Company

"Their in-depth analysis was extremely beneficial for our team."

Apr. 2018 - Apr. 2019

CIENCE Technologies delivered lead qualification services for a communications company. They conducted research and outreach to potential customers using information collected at trade shows.

Sudbury, Massachusetts
Greg Mack
Director of North American Sales, Yamaha Unified Communications, Inc.

Partnering with CIENCE Technologies allowed the internal sales team to focus on their core responsibilities. They were transparent in their communication, offering detailed weekly reports that they discussed over video calls. Their proactive approach made them a valuable partner.

I’m the director of North American sales at Yamaha Unified Communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed a firm to help us qualify potential leads from our webinars and trade shows that we attend. Some of these events generate thousands of contacts, and we wanted to capitalize on that to drive our ROI.

Their team qualified leads from our events and forwarded potential customers to our internal sales representatives. We sent them lists of potential contacts and they sifted through the names, conducting research and reaching out on our behalf. After evaluating the leads, they sent us contact information for people that were interested in speaking with us.

Daria (Customer Support Manager, CIENCE Technologies) was our original point of contact, and we eventually switched over to Viktor (Sales Development Representative, CIENCE Technologies).

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I’m not sure. We were already working with CIENCE Technologies when I started in my current position.

We began the partnership in April 2018, and our contract expired in April 2019. We decided to pause the collaboration because of some internal restructuring.

CIENCE Technologies freed up our sales representatives to focus on communicating with qualified leads. Our team is no longer tied to their computers and phones after each trade show. Using their leads, we’ve been able to connect with a variety of individuals and companies to create business opportunities.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a fantastic job of keeping us up to date with necessary information. We had a weekly video call where we would discuss their research and outreach. A day before the call, they’d send us a detailed report so that we could prepare questions beforehand. This included a variety of trends and statistics, including the number of people they contacted, lists of bouncebacks from emails, favorable responses, and leads that were passed on to our team.

Many different questions came up as they were contacting leads, and whenever they were unsure how to respond, they engaged with us right away. They were also quick to let us know about leads that we needed to contact.

I was impressed with their ability to break down their outreach process. I was also pleased with the reports they sent. Their in-depth analysis was extremely beneficial for our team. They gave us a sense for why certain leads didn’t want to follow up, which helped us understand both the positive and negative aspects of our sales strategy. Also, they always seemed eager to learn more about our business and our end users.

I can’t think of any negatives from the partnership. They were engaging and did everything we asked them to do.

Give them as much information as you can. Tell them about your business, your lead follow up process, and the results that you want.

Overall Score They delivered on all fronts, and we enjoyed working with them.
    We’re pleased with the value they brought to our business.
    I’d certainly recommend them to anyone looking for lead generation services.

Gold