Design Agency

Cieden is a Digital Product Design Agency.

We focus on SaaS Web Apps, enterprise, and mobile applications.

We help in developing the right products. On time, on the budget,  with clear goals and KPIs.

Our team has a reputation as experienced professionals in:

• User Experience and UI Design,

Automotive Apps

iOS Workout App

Marketing App

UX/UI for Fitness Training Platform

"They make sure that the experience we’re providing to users is top notch."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Cieden provided UI/UX design and development, working on the wireframes and designs of both mobile and web applications with gamified features.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Agnieshka Nazaruk
Founder, TMA

Though still in beta testing, around 1,000 users have reported positive feedback for the app's intuitive and easy to use design. Cieden demonstrated their industry expertize throughout, as they were always on top of the latest trends, while going above and beyond to make the project a success.

I'm the founder and CEO of The Movement Athlete. We're creating a fitness training platform that teaches calisthenics and gymnastics. It’s a skill-based bodyweight training program that we’ve turned into a game.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cieden?

We were looking for someone to lead the UI/UX development of our mobile application. We'd previously had a web application as an MVP and were looking to build a whole new mobile app.

We've been working with them for quite a while and they ended up working on the web app as well. We've gone through the whole process with both, from the wireframing, to doing designs, to reviewing.

When I approached them, I had a pretty good idea of the functionalities and features we wanted, but it was a collaborative process to turn my little sketches into actual wireframes. The first wireframes were quite comprehensive and they helped us assess what the UX of the app would be. We needed to ensure that it made sense and that the users knew what was going on. Cieden provided a few versions and we tested clickable wireframes with some of our customers, eventually choosing one of those options.

The app has features for workouts and gamification. It was amazing to work with Cieden and receive so much of their input. For example, we gave them a rough idea of the gamification features we wanted to include but how those would look like exactly was not specified. We ended up going through an ideation process together, nailing down the exact features, screens, and so on.

We were working with one of their team members who had two designers under her. She acted as our project lead and lead UX designer. We worked directly with her and she provided most of the ideas.

How did you come to work with Cieden?

I found them on an online platform for freelancers, where I interviewed quite a few people. We were raising money at the time, so we were on a short time frame, and I was looking for someone able to step in, take ownership, and develop those wireframes with me. The person I met from Cieden stood out so I was confident that they would be able to finish it on time. She was on top of things, energetic, and she contributed ideas even at the interview stage.

We had a one-week trial period and I was impressed with the amount of communication offered, how available she was, and how many ideas she was providing. It was definitely not the typical freelance experience, where there are sometimes communication troubles, or where the provider is unable to contribute their own ideas. I was very impressed, so much so that we’ve ended up working with them for the last eighteen months.

We pay around $35–$40 per hour for their services, which is reasonable, given what they provide. It adds up to around $10,000–$25,000.

We started working with them in December 2016.

The app isn't live yet, but we have over 1,000 beta testers using the pilot version. The users have loved its design. It’s definitely a big step up for us, compared to our previous product. It was important for me to work with a company that can provide look-and-feel ideas, and that is well-versed in the latest trends, color schemes, animations, and anything that makes the app stand out. This was a particular advantage of working with Cieden.

The UX was important to us and, as a CEO and product owner, I needed to work with a group that was fully focused on making sure the design was intuitive. The feedback has been great so far and we will be launching next month.

How did Ciedenperform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been almost over-communicative, in a positive way. I don’t think I’ve ever waited longer than 24 hours for anything from them. There were times when I needed a design or screen within 24 hours, and they were always ready to accommodate that. They’ve been communicative, flexible, and have never missed a deadline.

It’s rare to find a company that goes above and beyond to such a degree. They care about the products and don’t just make pretty designs. They make sure that the experience we’re providing to users is top notch.

They can take general concepts such as gamification, then break them down and work with the client, narrowing down product ideas and helping them make decisions on the future direction. This was something I never expected and it’s rare to find when working with freelancers.

No. It’s been great.

UX/UI Design for Real Estate Software Startup

“They are extremely adaptive, responsive, and are a pleasure to work with.”

Jul. 2017 - Ongoing

Cieden provides ongoing, iterative development support for a real estate software startup. They do UI and UX design for a variety of products for different needs within the industry.

Miami, Florida
Ryan McHenry
Product Manager, Gridics

Cieden anticipates business needs and translates them into strong design. Deliverables are often right within the first round and they understand what will work best. They provide good service and finesse.

I’m a product manager at Gridics, a software startup in the real estate space. We have a couple different software applications that help in different areas in the industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cieden?

We do ongoing, iterative development for our software products and work with them on new ideas.

They work with us on UX and UI designs. We’ve worked with them on three products. Two are already on the market and we’re about to release the third.

Our main point of contact is our project manager but we also work directly with five or six other employees. Our team is usually about three people, though we occasionally work with other team members when we need a specialist.

How did you come to work with Cieden?

I worked with them before I joined this company. I found one of the founders on Upwork when she was just about to start Cieden. They’ve grown into a huge agency in the past two years. We worked well together and I wanted to keep working with them when I came to Gridics. I didn’t consider any other companies.

I started working with them at my current position in July 2017. We have them on a flexible monthly retainer, based on the number of hours they work for us each month.

Their designs are great and I’m really happy with what they provide for us. They’re very flexible. Sometimes they do whole projects for us and sometimes they finesse and finish UI designs we lay out for them. I can lean on them when I need help with UX work or initial concepts for UI. They respond to our needs and intuitively understand what we need.

How did Cieden perform from a project management standpoint?

Interactions with them are wonderful. They’re extremely responsive and easy to get along with. They anticipate our wishes and translate our business needs into the design. They often deliver exactly what we want in the first round.

I’ve worked with them on Word docs, Trello, Jira, Confluence, email, and InVision. With that many tools, it’s important to work with a team that won’t get lost in the process.

They are extremely adaptive, responsive, and are a pleasure to work with. They understand what we need from them and communication is both fluid and solid.

No. I’m really happy with the service they provide.

UI/UX Mobile App Design for Healthcare Product Company

“Their work has significantly improved user satisfaction of our product line.”

2017 - Ongoing

Cieden provides additional UI/UX design resources to build out various design projects as needed, including a mobile messaging app.

Washington, D.C.
UX/UI Manager, Healthcare Product Company

Cieden continues to provide high-quality design work that's been well-received from both internal teams and product users. In addition to being accommodating and fun to work with, their team acts as a true partner by providing invaluable feedback to help improve end products.

I'm the manager of UI/UX design for a healthcare company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cieden?

We were looking to expand the manpower of our own internal UI/UX design team in order to finish building out a mobile app under a tight deadline.

Cieden provided additional UI/UX designers to help build out a healthcare mobile app, used by specialists and nurses to communicate securely. Following that project, we continue to work with their team across our product portfolio on a variety of design projects and tasks.

I work mostly with the owner, who's helped guide me through the whole process. She leads each project and delegates the work to her team as she sees fit based on their skill sets.

How did you come to work with Cieden?

I found Cieden through an online search. I was considering about 20 other vendors, both onshore and offshore, but chose to work with them based on their high-quality portfolio of work. I also found them to be friendly and easy to work with.

We've invested $10,000–$25,000 thus far, which includes their work on the app as well as some ongoing work. We have a flexible contract with them that allows their team to utilize as many allotted hours needed to get specific projects done.

We've been working together for about six months. Their team wrapped up the initial mobile app project in just two and a half months.

Our entire team is very satisfied with their work overall and feedback from user testing has been fantastic. They continue to turn around high quality design projects very quickly. Their work has significantly improved user satisfaction of our product line.

How did Cieden perform from a project management standpoint?

We haven't had any issues with communicating or meeting deadlines, despite a difference in timezones. They're also very responsive and open to using our preferred methods of communicating, mainly Slack and Jira. We appreciate that they're willing to use the tools we're accustomed to to help us keep track of our work in the best way possible.

I have a great relationship with them—they're fun and easy to work with and genuinely value the quality of their business relationships. They're a true partner in the sense that they don't just blindly take direction from you without providing feedback or input where they feel it could improve outcomes.

They work with you to craft a solution with the users best interest in mind, and to improve upon what you originally requested. The constant conversation and challenge to improve the way we work, and how we approach the UI/UX has helped us to gain a higher level of quality in our products.

We talk very openly about any areas of improvement, so they're always addressing them as they happen.

Be clear and open with them. If you require specific outcomes for a specific user, give them as much information as possible, while being open to their creative feedback at the same time.

Overall Score I'd definitely give Cieden higher ratings than other design firms I've worked with in the past across the board.

UI/UX Redesign for Grocery Delivery App

“We trust their team.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Cieden overhauled the UI/UX of a delivery app, with the goal of generating more revenue. They continue to enhance its frontend design and functionality.

United Arab Emirates
Founder, Grocery App

Cieden’s new design has contributed to a significant increase in conversions. The team is creative, helpful, and highly motivated, qualities that have led to an expanded role.

I'm the founder of a grocery delivery app in the Middle East.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cieden?

We hired them to revamp our app’s UI/UX, which needed a major uplift.

Our goal was to drive up conversions by improving UX in a cost-efficient and timely way.

We chose them based on a sample of their previous work and an interview.

They did a full UI/UX redesign, splitting the work into phases so that we can get better results for our business while maintaining the consistency of the app. They share fresh ideas and suggest great design styles that are attractive and easy to use.

The Cieden team works with three members of our team.

We’ve seen visible improvement in our conversion rates week on week. The results have been excellent, which is why we continue working with them on major projects.

The process is quite smooth, which is refreshing. They make things easy, allowing us to focus on other things without getting too distracted.

We’re impressed with their positive attitude, clear communication, and genuine interest in our project. They are fast, efficient, and talented. We trust their team.

Scheduling is easy.