World Class Custom Software Solutions

Custom Software Solutions & Expert App Development

Chetu is a custom software development company servicing startups, SMBs, and Fortune 500 firms worldwide. We provide dedicated developers who are focused on providing results that improve our clients' business and expand their capabilities.

Our specialized developers and custom services ensure a smooth app and software development experience, adding value throughout the process and exceeding expectations.

We are with you from concept to code, providing personal service and global support to your initiatives.

1,000 - 9,999
    Noida 201301
  • A-154 A, Sector 63
    Noida 201301
  • New Delhi, DL 110 012

Foot Locker, Wild Birds Unlimited, Brookstone, Lab Thru Put, Airguide, Johnson & Johnson, Harvest Trends, StudySuite, Petco, Memorial Healthcare System, Conifer Health Solutions, Medadept, IGT, Skypatrol, LiveNation, Olimp

Custom Software Dev for Management Consulting Company

“At the end of the day, we spent half of our budget to get a fraction of the work agreed to.”

2.0

July - Aug 2019

Using a provided task list and extensive documentation, Chetu, Inc. was tasked with refining the features for a CMS.

Arlington, Virginia
President, Management Consulting Company

Chetu, Inc. requoted the project after the start date, roughly tripling the initial cost/time estimates. When the client requested higher-level customer service resources, the sales team stopped responding. Ultimately, they failed to deliver and left the CMS incomplete without further development.

I’m the president of a small company that has built and operates a CMS.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chetu, Inc.?

We were looking for a development team to clean up some of our software’s functions and build out new features based on our documentation. Since we’d already created the designs on the frontend and detailed requirements lists, we just needed resources to code everything in.

Chetu, Inc. was responsible for refining our software’s functionality. Our in-house team had already compiled a detailed, multi-page task list of improvements that we wanted to make, so the entire scope of work was already laid out, including prototype mock-ups, established business rules, complete information about the tech stack, and access to all existing code.

There were a number of items that were important to us such as building a dev environment, having detailed user documentation, exporting the entire library, and improving the design. Ultimately, they only finished a few small tasks like putting a close function on our pop-up modal boxes, and they began creating a versioning function that would let users store multiple edits.

This versioning turned out to be a 17+ day task, which they started when they knew we were unhappy and when we’d already stated our intent to end the project early. Had we had the project plan upfront, we could have focused on meaningful items that could be finished in their entirety and wrapped up before the roll-off date.

In the end, most high-priority tasks were not started, and some mid-priority tasks were left half-finished.

Chetu, Inc. operates by having a sales rep handle the customer service while the technical team handles the development. Once I realized that they’d changed their quotes, I requested several times to speak to a manager instead of the sales rep, but no one ever got back to me.

How did you come to work with Chetu, Inc.?

A member of our staff found them. For a year, their account manager pestered me with calls. He eventually caught me during a time when we really needed a vendor, so I listened to his pitch.

He said that they would be dedicated to the project, working overtime and doing anything that we needed to meet our agreed timeframe. Once the actual project got underway, the estimates changed, and it actually took them longer to do certain tasks than quotes from other companies.

We spent around $4,000 with them.

The project lasted from mid-July–mid-August 2019.

How did your relationship with the vendor evolve?

Five days into the project, we had a status call that showed very little progress had been done. They hadn’t shown me a complete project plan yet to go over the assigned resources, task list, or prioritization. That’s when they told me that they hadn’t written one and would need another week to do it.

The new plan listed the project at $26,000 with a six-month timeline. Some tasks would now take 17–18 days to complete. At that point, I decided to end the contract.

From there, they pressed us to give a two-week notice at an additional $2,200, which was ridiculous considering it was their error in judgment about the schedule in the first place. However, at that time, they had begun the versioning task and were midway through it.

I figured if I had to spend an additional $2,200 to get halfway through a task, then I’d rather spend a full $4,000 to just finish that section before doing a roll-off. That way, it would be a natural stopping point. The sales rep initially agreed to this but then two days later reversed his position and said we needed to terminate on the previously given two-week notice date.

Now, I spent so much money, including a two-week notice, but am only getting a half-finished product. I’m not sure if another developer can pick up from where Chetu, Inc. left off.

How did Chetu, Inc. address the challenges that arose?

Our sales rep stopped responding to me when I said that I wanted to end the project in a place that makes sense. After I requested to speak to his manager, I never heard from him again. I’ve called Chetu, Inc. four times to ask for a manager, and they’ve taken down my contact information but wouldn’t call me back. Eventually, I got the manager’s info and called/emailed him, but he never responded either.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

At the end of the day, we spent half of our budget to get a fraction of the work agreed to. We actually can’t use our platform right now because they’ve added functionality without finishing it, creating some dead ends in the workflow.

How was project management handled?

Before we started, I had an initial sales call to discuss our project. Then, I had a second call with the technical team to go over the scope of work and get price/timeline estimates.

They put together the original quote after a week, giving us an $8,000–$10,000 price point with an eight-week timeline. Some of the items on our list were estimated to take around five days each. The technical team actually said that this project size was too small for them, so they weren’t going to take our project.

However, our sales rep said that they would take the project anyway, stressing that they could kick it off immediately (which was not the case). He hounded me to sign the contract and put up an unusually large deposit upfront, which was about half of the project cost.

Apparently, they don’t scope out a proper plan until after you sign the contract, so the initial quote wasn’t legitimate.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

It’s hard to know for sure since the project was so difficult all the way through, but their technical team was responsive. The technical team also does a good job on daily reporting. I do believe they might have people on the team who can code well, but that doesn’t amount to anything if their project managers don’t have better business practices.

In what specific areas can they improve?

If I could sit down with their CEO, I’d tell them that their number one priority should be to write out the scope of work and have the client agree to it before development starts. That’s the industry standard, and it helps avoid situations like ours.

Had they told me that the project would cost $26,000, I might have worked with them or considered another vendor. But they wouldn’t have burned a bridge with me.

In fact, they could bill clients for the time it takes to scope out the project in detail because that documentation is a deliverable. By not doing that, they’ve basically locked their client into a four-week contract: the first two are spent building the plan, and the next two are for the roll-off. It’s a bait-and-switch that burned our bridge immediately.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

Getting involved with a company when they’re not confident in their own budget and timeline quote is a huge amount of risk that’s unusual in the marketplace. If you’re comfortable with that, then consider moving forward.

I’d also recommend having a manager from the start. Your salesperson will hound you nonstop when it comes to the contract or invoice, but they’ll ignore the customer service side. Having a plan in place to ensure that you’re getting what you’ve agreed to is crucial.

1.0
Overall Score I would have preferred to handle this with their management rather than posting a review, but this is the only way I can be heard.
    Scheduling was the whole problem.
    Their tech team is a 3, possibly higher had this project been estimated and executed correctly. Their sales rep and non-responsive management are a 1.

Custom Dev Projects for Conveyor Equipment Company

"I don't have anything negative to say."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

June 2016 - Ongoing

Chetu, Inc. manages custom dev projects, including a web-based configurator and platform to create bills of materials. They follow project requirements and provide other dev services.

Bell Buckle, Tennessee
Chris Ray
Purchasing Manager, Talos Engineered Products

Chetu, Inc. does quality work at a fair price, making them a valuable partner. They work quickly, finishing most tasks within a week or less. Unique to their culture, they solicit feedback to make sure they’re meeting expectations.

I’m the project manager for Talos Engineered Products, a company that designs and manufactures conveyer systems for courier delivery services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chetu, Inc.?

We needed a partner to develop a web-based configurator platform to create our customers’ conveyors and bills of materials.

Chetu, Inc. provides IT services, developing our programs and different projects. We gave them the scope of work, which was essentially the configurator to build conveyers. They took those specs and created the platform, which we currently use with our customers.

We work with three people.

How did you come to work with Chetu, Inc.?

A colleague recommended them, and their price was good, so we hired them.

We’ve spent $1.3 million.

We partnered in June 2016, and the work is ongoing.

They’ve been able to accomplish anything we’ve asked of them, including fairly large change requests.

How did Chetu, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

We have conference calls twice a week and use Trello to submit tickets. They do their work quickly, finishing most tasks within 1–7 days.

They communicate well and keep us updated on their progress. Unlike many other firms, they ask for feedback and want to make sure we’re happy with the quality and speed of their work.

I don't have anything negative to say.

Clearly communicate what you want. They’ll do just what you ask, so make sure you’re detailed.

CRM Development for the Event Planning and Destination Industries

“They’re highly responsive and engaged in our project.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Chetu, Inc. built a customized CRM tool, implementing various modifications and technical requirements. They currently maintain the tool and add new features, as requested.

Managing Director, Event Planning and Destination Industries

Chetu is proactive and professional, holding regular meetings to provide project updates. The team still does great work with few problems, and consistently addresses issues in a timely fashion. End users love the product, saying it’s easy to use and meets their needs.

I’m a managing director for the CRM software Chetu is developing to customize a software solution for the event and destination management industries. My role is to sell the software and manage the development of the software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chetu, Inc.?

As we looked into the different requirements and modifications we wanted to implement in our CRM tool, we realized it would be more cost-effective to have a partner create our own customized one.

Chetu, Inc. built a customized CRM tool, using systems like an SQL server database. They finished building the product and now regularly make modifications and add new features as we grow.

We work with a project manager, a developer, and an account manager.

How did you come to work with Chetu, Inc.?

Our owner met them at a conference.

We’ve spent more than $50,000.

We’ve been partners since December 2017.

We’ve received a lot of positive feedback from our end clients, saying the CRM tools gives them easy access to the data they need for analysis and strategic decision making. They appreciate that they can access the tool from anywhere and that it provides a quick view of financials.

How did Chetu, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re diligent, and we have weekly status calls. We also communicate frequently via email and use Trello to manage tasks.

They’re highly responsive and engaged in our project.

Sometimes there are minor communication issues, but it’s never been anything too serious.

They’re a great team that’s extremely professional, so collaborate closely with them to optimize the partnership. Also have a solid process for documenting and following the project status.

Web Dev for Event Logistics Management Platform

“Compared to independent contractors that we’ve worked with, Chetu is significantly more reliable.”

2016 - Ongoing

Chetu provides full-service web development for an event planning software, which involves working on the front- and backend, designing the UX/UI, and preparing for an upcoming product launch.

Denver, Colorado
Hugo Hellberg
CEO, EventWaves

While the platform has yet to launch, alpha testers have responded enthusiastically to the UX/UI. Chetu’s team is well organized, allowing them to seamlessly onboard new members. Their impeccable communication, punctuality, and technical skill have positioned them for a long-lasting engagement.

I’m the CEO of a software company called EventWaves that caters to the meetings and events industry. Our audience includes meetings and events professionals, both on the planning side and the hotel side.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chetu, Inc.?

We were trying to identify a team of developers that could build our cloud-based event planning platform. While our competitors generally looked at registration/ticketing technology and on-site experience apps, we wanted to focus more on the planning aspects such as communication, collaboration, and logistics. As a result, we needed resources who could provide full end-to-end development.

They initially developed a few modules, building the backend system and setting up the database management structure. We wanted to make sure that they accurately converted our ideas into a specific theme, so we handled the mockups for the first year and a half of the engagement. They would then use our mockups to design the UX/UI and develop the frontend. Eventually, they brought on a UI designer who now handles the design, so we no longer have to provide those specific details. They understand what we’re looking for and can adhere to our vision.

Currently, we’re preparing to launch the platform in October, so we’re working to enhance the browser experience and finish development. Our software allows users to manage their agendas and facilitates coordination between vendors and venues. In addition to tracking setup needs (e.g., food and beverage, audio/visual, on-site logistics), the platform also offers more traditional services such as a website builder that helps organize speaker content, sponsors, and more.

They’ve assigned three full-time developers whom we pay on a contractor-basis. Additionally, there are also two part-time resources: a team leader who oversees the developers and an account manager.

How did you come to work with Chetu, Inc.?

I met them over two years ago at a trade show where we discussed our needs. After extensive research, we decided that they were a perfect fit.

We’ve spent between $220,000–$240,000 thus far.

Their work began in the first quarter of 2016 and is ongoing. We’re planning for an October 2018 launch and will eventually introduce ticketing and registration features next quarter. We’re also looking into developing native mobile apps.

While we haven’t launched yet, the platform is live and running well. We have a few alpha users who’ve provided positive feedback. Furthermore, we’ve talked to numerous groups to try to identify our platform’s pain points, and they’ve all agreed that we’re going in the right direction. Although many platforms quickly become hard to navigate, we’ve focused extensively on the UX/UI, which has received universal praise.

How did Chetu, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They excel at tracking their progress. Every day for two years, we’ve received a daily report that breaks down all of their accomplishments so far. This makes it easy to see what they’ve completed and gives us an idea of their trajectory. They also provide a monthly project management plan to update our status. In terms of communication, we use Trello to converse, send mockups, and manage sprints.

I’m thoroughly impressed by their team structure; even with a single developer, there’s always a team leader from the U.S. or India and an account manager based in the U.S. As such, if we ever need to change a developer or leader, there are always two other resources who are fully aware of the project scope. They’re able to bring on new personnel while ensuring a smooth transition.

Compared to independent contractors that we’ve worked with, Chetu Inc. is significantly more reliable. They’ve continued to produce consistent results year over year. As a large company with over 1,500 developers, they’re able to provide any type of service necessary. In our case, it makes sense to have a full range of services on hand, and their diverse skills make them an ideal long-term solution.

Overall, it’s been fantastic. Our platform looks sharp, and they've been able to resolve most of my inquiries. That being said, it would be nice to get more proactive suggestions and ideas on where we could go with the platform.

They’re always timely on calls and rarely have any delays. If something comes up, they’re quick to communicate with us.
    Compared to other competitors, they’re a great value.
    They’ve been fantastic, but we would appreciate if they provided more suggestions and ideas.
    I’ve probably referred them to about 10 other clients already.

Cloud-based Software Dev for Fitness Service

"When we had issues, they were ready to handle them immediately."

2015 - Ongoing

Chetu built a cloud-based software for a service sector of fitness industry to bring end users, manufacturers, and service networks all on one platform.

Atlanta Metro Area, Georgia
Owner, Fitness Service

They developed the structure for the software, working in Java, HTML, PHP, and MySQL. Chetu's hardworking team effectively handled the complications and showed flexibility when asked to rebuild parts of the project.

I'm the owner of a software company in the health and fitness industry. Our objective is to help club owners, manufacturers of fitness equipment, and service providers all come together on the same platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chetu?

We were looking for a company that could build what we envisioned as the perfect software for the service sector of our industry.

There are a number of inconsistencies across manufacturers in the health and fitness industry in terms of what they need and how they communicate. There are a lot of independent service companies that service health clubs and a lot of health clubs that do their own service work.

The software we are developing brings everyone together on a uniform platform: the health clubs (end users), manufacturers, and service networks. We wanted to implement the best practices that had been learned over the last 20 years. The software is structured in Java, HTML, PHP, and MySQL.

We work with a project manager, a technical development lead, and a team of 3–4 developers. Over time we've also had QA [Quality Assurance], UI, and design experts. The team composition varied as the project progressed, but we've always had 3–5 people who worked with us.

How did you come to work with them?

We first saw them in the trade show for the health and fitness industry. We interviewed several companies and chose Chetu because they're based in the U.S., and the team they assign to the projects seemed to be of great value compared to the price. We also liked their communication style.

We would prefer to keep that confidential.

We started working with them in 2015 and it's an ongoing project.

They were very willing to work with us and our structure. We're a small company and didn't have all the documents that are standard to software development. They helped us develop the right structure to move forward.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project manager regularly gives us updated reports on where we stand in the project, which helps us stay on track as there are a lot of subsections and modules to consider in this project.

They're very diligent regardless of what part of the project they're working on and how many complications they encounter. They're ready to work on anything we ask from them and deliver good results. They're also happy to redo a portion of the project when we realize the results are not what we had expected.

They could probably make more recommendations about what we could do for them to better deliver the information. They're doing everything we've ever asked them to do, which is what we need.

Come prepared. The clearer you lay out your plan, the less work they'll have to do.

Overall Score I don't know how it could get much better.
    They met our deadlines. When we had issues, they were ready to handle them immediately.
    As a company we didn't understand the depth of what we were doing when we started the project.
    I don't have a lot of experience working with software vendors, so I have nothing to compare them to. But they delivered very good results.

Course Development for Marketing Technology Firm

“We were impressed with their ability to quickly assign a developer to our needs.”

June - Oct. 2018

Subcontracted developers from Chetu, Inc. augmented an internal team that created interactive online courses using Articulate Storyline.

Windsor, Canada
UX Manager, Marketing Tech Company

The combined team successfully delivered hundreds of hours’ worth of courseware within two months. Despite some quality control and payment issues, Chetu, Inc.’s scalability and speed fostered positive results.

I’m the UX manager at an end-to-end digital integrator. We design, develop, deploy, install, and maintain digital signage experiences with scale.

For what projects/services did your company hire Chetu, Inc.?

We hired Chetu, Inc. to help us with a project involving Articulate Storyline courseware.

Our goal was to deliver hundreds of hours of courseware within two months.

I found them online.

Following our requirements, Chetu, Inc.'s developers helped us put together the courseware using Articulate Storyline.

Our team consisted of three developers and two QA members, while Chetu, Inc. added three dedicated developers and a project manager.

This project represented a major milestone for our client, allowing them to complete a mandated course for their staff.

Chetu, Inc. assigned a project manager from their Florida office to help us since we're both on Eastern Standard Time.

The quality of some of the builds had multiple bugs, so additional QC would be great.

Overall Score They helped us meet our client deadline.
    They had clear and concise scheduling.
    Their cost was competitive.
    Having more developer quality control would be ideal.
    I will refer them once they’ve improved their QA process and terms of payment.

NetSuite Integration for Law Firm

"Our invoicing and bill payment processes are more efficient and have saved my team a significant amount of time."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Chetu, Inc. built NetSuite-based integrations for a platform. They provide continuing services.

Melville, New York
IT Director, Law Firm

The invoice and bill payment integrations streamlined internal processes.  Resourceful and organized, Chetu, Inc. works in a timely manner.

I am an IT director at a law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Chetu, Inc.?

My firm needed support with NetSuite integration, so we partnered with Chetu, Inc. to provide these services.

Our engagement with Chetu, Inc. centered on invoice management.

My company chose to work with Chetu, Inc. based on their reasonable cost structure.

Chetu, Inc. integrated NetSuite invoice and bill management software with our platform. They provide ongoing maintenance and support.

We work with one or two team members.

Our project manager is well-organized and keeps excellent records.

Chetu, Inc. is progressive and thinks outside of the box. The team meets deadlines.