Bringing people together through technology

At Central American Software Services, we are dedicated to making software, mobile apps and web portals. But we are much more than that, thanks to the multiplicity of international profiles working with us. Here are the aspects of our company that our clients and partners value most:

●    Have a fresh and dynamic workforce on your side, composed of skilled engineers and graphic designers.
●    Get assessment at a technical and functional level.
●    Get results within an established time frame previously discussed with you.
 ●    Have access to a virtual platform where you can follow the progress of your project in real time.
 ●    Receive protection of the intellectual property of your project.
 ●    Have an open and varied window of opportunities to establish your products in the market.

Central American Software Services is driven by its core values, which we apply in our everyday work:

●    Integrity: we act with honor without compromising the truth
●    Diversity: we respect and advocate equality between all our employees
●    Inclusion: our teams are composed of people from all backgrounds, places and genders.
●    Transparency: we believe that all our actions should be done in a transparent way
●    Community: we believe that a sustainable growth of our community is a sustainable growth for our company
●    Innovation:  we believe in the importance of creating a space where ideas that can make a difference are born

Are you going to be our next partner?

2006
San Salvador, El Salvador

Dentsply Sirona

Dr Smart

FullThrottle Technology

MedAssent

National Attorney System Image

National Attorney System

A web platform that puts in direct contact landlords, tenants and attorneys, it was developed in ASP.NET MVC5 and uses SQL and Azure for data storage.

MedAssent Pharmacy app Image

MedAssent Pharmacy app

A very complete app for iOS and Android. Made in Xamarin.Forms and uses SignalR technology.

Bewizz Image

Bewizz

A Xamarin app for iOS and Android, Bewizz syncs via Bluetooth to a pedometer so data is continually sent to a remote server and to the app to see achievements and goals completion. The backend was made in ASP.NET MVC5.

MyCompanion Image

MyCompanion

Available on iOS and Android, this app is the best companion to attend conferences and fairs where Dentsply Sirona will be. Speakers, news, maps, this app has lots of features, including where to eat around the premises. This app was made in C# Xamarin, with a backend in ASP.NET MVC5.

Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) Image

Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS)

A desktop app for barbeque contests in Kansas, the following technologies were used:

-C#

-Crystal Reports

-SQL

Music Inside Record Image

Music Inside Record

A website to stream music and buy individual tracks or entire albums. Made in ASP.NET MVC5, stored on MS Azure for scalable use of traffic.

Washington Ferry Planner Image

Washington Ferry Planner

A very useful app for those around Seattle who want to know the ferry schedules. A must have if you're in the area. Made in C# Xamarin for iOS and Android.

IoT Dev for Software Dev Firm

"Their project management is definitely a strength."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Central American Software Services provides mobile development services and Xamarin expertise to help design IoT software. The team has dedicated multiple developers and project managers.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Edward McKee
Founder, Kodestarters

Central American Software Services is serving as a valuable outsourcing partner. They resolve highly technical challenges or problems and help support an increased workload. They offer strong, efficient project management and transparent, responsive, and proactive communication.

Kodestarters specializes in software development for new and emerging companies, primarily startups. I am the owner and founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Central American Software Services?

We needed help with mobile development, particularly under the Xamarin platform.

This software is specifically designed to assist in Internet of Things technologies. We brought them in as an expert resource under the basic Xamarin environment.

There are multiple developers, all of whom do a good job, with their project managers intervening in the process. You’re a little shielded from the developers, but the questions and communication are very good.

How did you come to work with Central American Software Services?

We had been partnered with an Indian software development company. The main obstacle in dealing with that was the time zone difference. I needed help supporting my other customers, and to do that, I had to be able to get a hold of people during the day. I was looking for somebody within my central time zone or at least a North American one. I stumbled across these guys on Upwork, and it’s been fantastic.

We’ve spent between $5,000–$10,000.

We started working together in May 2017, and the work is ongoing.

If I’m technically challenged by something, they can work on it. When I have issues or problems, I can offload those. It basically increases my overall bandwidth to deliver for my customers, who are happier—and I’m happier. That was the goal when I outsourced them. Their job is to make my life easier.

How did Central American Software Services perform from a project management standpoint?

They are excellent. Their project management is definitely a strength; we do many little projects with them that are part of a bigger project. They do a good job of communicating, letting me know what’s going on and if they have any issues.

From an outsourcing perspective, their written and verbal English is extremely strong. They're responsive and do a good job, which is not always the case.

No, everything has been pretty good so far.

Overall Score It’s been very good.
    I don’t give a lot of 5s.
    Very likely.

App Dev for Healthcare Tech Firm

“Overall, I feel they’re a responsive company and they’re trying to grow.”

2016 - Ongoing

CASS provided tech support and development for a medical consultation app. The first version is complete and the second version is currently in testing. The relationship is ongoing.

CTO, Healthcare

Although response times are sometimes longer than expected and availability is sometimes limited, the team is responsive and helpful. The benefit of working with a remote team in another time zone is saving costs, as their services were much more affordable than U.S. companies.

We develop software for medical digital consultation of a patient for hospitals and pharmacies. I’m the CTO.

Our software provides digital consultation to the patient. Currently, in the U.S., all consultation is given by the pharmacist in person, which takes time and effort. Also, the consultation quality depends on the pharmacist. We tried to standardize quality and provide medical information to the patient digitally. We wanted the patient to have access to the information anytime and anywhere. We are a small company and needed tech support from other resources.

We’re developing the software on a website and we’re using .NET on the backend, Angular, and SignalR for the communication. They also developed an app for tablets using Xamarin.

We work with a team there but I don’t know how many there are. I have a contact person to talk to about the project.

How did you come to work with Central American Software Services?

We searched online and found several companies. In the end, we chose Central American Software Services (CASS).

We spent $15,000 so far.

We started working with them in the beginning of 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. We finished the first version and have evolved to the second version.

We are currently in the testing phase. We’re in the beta version of the app. We presented a demo to our potential clients.

We communicated through email and video conferencing. We’re using Microsoft Team Foundation Server to do the co-version control on both sides so we can make sure all the code is synced. I know they also have a system to track their progress because when they send us the invoice it shows a progress report from the system they’re using.

We had some challenges around time zones. We also needed to get used to working remotely. It’s not always easy to get in contact them right away. They’ve been responsive and helpful. There are times I can see not all the team is available and they’re not able to get a result back as soon as we expected. But overall, it’s been good.

The cost is much cheaper compared to U.S. companies. Their development team and management team is trying to improve their quality and communication. Overall, I feel they’re a responsive company and they’re trying to grow.

They could improve their user experience design team.

Overall Score They are a decent company doing a good job. There are some improvements they can make. I hope they continue doing great.
    They’re good on the schedule and try hard to keep their commitments.
    They’re very good.
    They did a decent job, but there could be some improvements.

User Interface Design for Software Dev Firm

"[T]heir work is excellent and they always meet the timelines."

2017 - Ongoing

Central American Software Services delivered multiple user interface designs for the mobile application projects developed by the software company, mainly based on Xamarin and .NET technologies.

Medellin, Colombia
CEO, ApoloDev

The team delivered excellent user interface designs that reached "perfect pixel" quality. Their communications and project management were efficient and they met all deadlines.

Introduce your business and what you do there

My company is called ApoloDev. We are based in Colombia and have been 3 years in the market. We specialize in web and mobile application development services.

They've mainly helped us with the mobile apps' user interface for different types of businesses: restaurants, dance school, a CRM. They've supported us a lot with other types of mobile apps.

They were mostly helping us with the graphics of the mobile apps' user interfaces and they've potentiated our company in this regard.

We always use the same technologies for the projects. They've focused mainly on Xamarin and its different distributions or versions. We work with .Net technologies.

How did you come to work with Central American Software Services?

A friend referred them to us. We have a friend in common who worked with them and the apps they developed. The first impression was that they did an excellent work. Everything was done within the set timeframes and their interfaces seemed good. We thought they could be a perfect partner. Our friend connected us and it was great. I needed a partner to help us with the mobile app user interface and they came in just in time.

How much have you invested with Central American Software Services?

We've invested from $6000 to $7000.

We started working at the beginning of 2017 and it's an ongoing collaboration.

We haven't measured any results coming from their designs, specifically. But some subjective or qualitative results, in my opinion, are that their work is excellent and they always meet the timelines. They've met all deadlines and sometimes they even deliver before the agreed timeframe, which I think is excellent.

How did Central American Software Services perform from a project management standpoint?

They've done everything really well. They use tools like the Microsoft's Team Foundation for project management and development. We've communicated effectively through Whatsapp. They immediately and directly communicate what is happening at the moment and we haven't relied on any other tools to track metrics or how the project is going.

What did you find most impressive about Central American Software Services?

I'm a developer and I wasn't able to come up with the quality designs they deliver to us. It's worth to highlight that this work is very complex but they are very talented and deliver what we call "perfect pixel." Pixel-by-pixel, their designs are almost perfect and I wasn't able to find the same quality with other allies here in Colombia or internationally. None of them delivered the same level of design with the technologies we used. This is noteworthy of their team.

Are there any areas Central American Software Services could improve?

They've performed really well and no areas for improvement come to mind at this point.

Overall Score They've never failed in cost estimates, time delivery or quality of the products.
    There are some challenges with the technologies so the .5 reduction refers to only one delay we had in the past.
    It's not very expensive. The price is fair.
    Their communications and customer service were great. We don't even need a special tool to track the projects with them
    I would give them a six. Their work is excellent.