The Best Solution for your Business!

Callahan & Toolen Digital Services.llc was established in 2016 and is remotely based out of North NJ.  Our goal for all of our clients is to make sure they advance to the best of their ability and educate them on the latest industry trends and how to use digital marketing to their advantage. Our Services include:

• GRAPHIC DESIGN

Establishing a brand identity is extremely important and it all starts with an eye catching logo and visual promotional graphics. We make sure your image conveys the message you want to put out to your potential customers and doing so in style.

• DIGITAL MARKETING

Custom marketing plan for your business utilizing digital resources like Social Media, SEM, PPC, content marketing, promotions and cross promoting. We utilize both paid and free forms of marketing to fit your budget.

• RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN

All of our sites are responsive to all digital screens and are tested before launch to comply with Google’s  algorithm. We make sure your site’s aesthetics comply with its functionality.

• BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS

If you have hit a road block in your business that is preventing you from taking it to the next level hire our expert consultants

Freelancer
Kearny, NJ

Kohesion Clothing, Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant, Souchet's Beautique, Auditor's Express, AI Tactics, Blair for State Delegate

ATLAS INDUSTRIES LOGO DESIGN & BRANDING

Atlas was in need of a re-branding, SEO and PR strategy and services to set it apart from other brands and companies within its area.

SOUCHET’S BEAUTIQUE

Souchet’s Beautique Beautiful and Responsive one-page Navigational Design. This page is very clean and easy to Navigate with its straight forward concept. View Site

Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant

Mi Pueblito’s Beautiful and Responsive multi-page navigational design makes it easy to glide through their site. Their visually interactive menu is pleasing to the eye and makes it easy to explore their menu database.  This page is very clean and easy to navigate with its straight forward concept but also fun and festive which keeps in line with their branding.

We simplified their menu and organized their categories so it will be easier to search through the menu options. We integrated an easy to use menu database on the backend so they can update new menu items with ease. View Site

Citizens for Blair DuCray

The Blair DuCray campaign was in need of a landing page, SEO, Logo Design, Digital Marketing and Social Media integration. Blair DuCray is a local politician running for State Delegate for the City of Baltimore. View Site

Auditor's Express Responsive Web Design

Auditor’s Express is a night time hotel auditing company. They needed a redesign. Their website was created a long time ago and was unresponsive and needed more depth and lacked functionality. We designed a clean and mobile responsive corporate look and also enhanced their logo so it can mesh well with the new modern look of their website. View Their Site

Social Media and Graphic Design

Callahan & Toolen Digital Services provided Social Media Marketing Services as well as UX Analysis and testing using User Personas to determine some changes to the site’s functionality that will improve conversions. For example: Social Media sharing options on the page and hovering over products, so it would simplify the process of sharing a product with friends on one’s profile.

We also Provided a number of services for this client:

• Social Media Integration and made sure the branding matched Kohesion Clothing’s social media pages.
  • Branding for Social Media
  • Content Creation and Social Media Management
  • Promotional Video Posts for Advertising purposes and to promote New Arrivals and Seasonal Clothing.
  • Graphic Design services for online banners and print materials

Digital Marketing for Political Campaign

"They really excel in project management and in their sense of ownership for a project."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Callahan & Toolen provided graphic and web design for a down-ballot candidate. They helped with colors and fonts, custom graphics, content creation, and an optimized site with social media tools.

Baltimore, Marlyand
Blair DuCray
Political Runner, Citizens for Blair DuCray

After launching the new website, fundraising saw a significant increase and supporter engagement rose. Callahan & Toolen's proactive project management and flexible, efficient scheduling kept projects organized. They continually showed their design skills and investment in the campaign's success.

I’m running my own campaign for the Maryland House of Delegates.

What challenge were you trying to address with Callahan & Toolen?

I needed an online presence that included a website, search engine optimization, and social media integration. I also needed graphic design assistance. The challenge was to communicate a message to an audience in a brief moment.

People driving on the highway will likely notice a sign, but they’re not really going to stop and see what it says, therefore we needed to be able to communicate something visually and have people understand what that graphic is saying to them in just a few seconds.

Since I don't have any graphic design abilities, I needed someone that I could lean on and trust to understand what I was communicating. Graphic design is very important for a campaign, especially for a smaller down-ballot seat. People don't tend to know much about the big races; what they’re most familiar with is your graphic design.

So, I described what I wanted the message to convey and Alexis [CEO, Callahan & Toolen] worked with me to figure out the best color scheme, fonts, and all the graphics from scratch whereas I produced all the text.

Even though I have some skills in web development, as a candidate, I needed to spend my time talking to voters, raising money, and making calls. I needed someone to develop the website and micromanage the content while dealing with the hectic schedule that we have. Alexis was constantly reminding me of what to fill in on the web page, which was great. She took ownership of that aspect and really pushed me to meet the deadlines while making sure we were within the confines of website’s design.

We mostly just interfaced with Alexis. Another team member gave input and was supportive when we needed to formulate ideas at the ground level and really helped shape the color schemes, but Alexis was certainly the main driver of things.

How did you come to work with Callahan & Toolen?

I initially worked with James [Co-Founder, Callahan & Toolen]—we were former co-workers and he lived down the street from me. I met Alexis that way and spoke to both of them about my upcoming campaign. I sent out a request for proposal to 3 different people to see what kind of prices and services I could get, but I ended up choosing Callahan & Toolen.

We've spent around $5,000 with them.

I've been working with them since March 2017.

My overall sense of excitement over potential voters and supporters has certainly been solidified. Having a real digital presence, graphic design, and being able to present myself in the way that Alexis helped me do, really instills confidence in the people I'm trying to reach. If you're out there trying to have people vote for you and your website is just a bunch of text, it doesn’t look good. Nobody's going to vote for you because it doesn't work that way. As soon as I got the website out, my fundraising drastically increased.

How did Callahan & Toolen perform from a project management standpoint?

It's been one of the strongest aspects of working with them. Alexis was able to take ownership of things and set realistic deadlines. For me, it's really important that they can handle the “hurry up and wait” nature of developing a campaign. For project status and communication, we had a Google spreadsheet set up where I listed all the different tasks for her to do. She then puts the status, comments, and questions for me to respond.

Alexis certainly had her hands wrapped around everything that I need her to do, which is great because I can’t keep track of all the different tasks. This has allowed me to work on speeches and put together meetings with people. It’s super helpful to know that I can just call Alexis to ask what I need to give her next.

They really excel in project management and in their sense of ownership for a project. Alexis’ graphic design ability was spot on for what I needed and I am very happy with what I've gotten so far.

Nothing comes to mind.

Alexis helped me out with some extra graphic design stuff that wasn't even included in the original quote, and she didn't charge me for it.
    I’ve been very happy with them.

Web Dev & Social Media for Hotel Auditing Site

“The personal approach really made a difference.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Callahan & Toolen built a WordPress website for a family run auditing company, as well as providing social media assistance, and creating images for use on social media and the website.

Bloomfield, New Jersey
Wes Rangel
VP, Auditor's Express

The new website brought an increase in traffic as well as online inquiries. They were very patient and brought a personal touch to the project, communicating clearly and explaining all steps well, while bringing local knowledge well-suited to small businesses to the table.

Auditor’s Express is a family run company which has been in business since the 1970s. It’s managed by my father and myself.

What challenge were you trying to address with Callahan & Toolen?

Our original website was done on GoDaddy’s automatic builder and was long overdue for an overhaul.

They build the site in WordPress. They also provided us with images that we could use across social media. My father doesn’t have much of a Facebook presence, but I wanted it to match the website. Alexis [CEO] tweaked the logo a little bit and made us a high-resolution version as we didn’t have the original file.

I spoke a little with James [Co-Founder], but for the most part, I spoke to Alexis. She was really great.

How did you come to work with Callahan & Toolen?

I have a lot of friends on Facebook because I’m trying to promote my father’s business and another side business of mine. When I asked if anyone was willing to take on this project, Alexis replied. We set up a time to talk. She told me about what she was doing now, and that she had started this company with a few others. She gave me a quote, I talked to my father, and he gave me the approval to go ahead.

We spent $5,000.

We started working with them June 2017. I want to continue using them and will discuss it with my father. We want to talk about how they might help us boost posts on social media. Alexis has recommended a few things we can do.

We’ve been getting more people filling out our questionnaire on the website. Some are inquiries that don't pan out to anything, but since 2008, we hadn’t gotten any emails at all, so the fact that we’re getting inquiries is good.

How did Callahan & Toolen perform from a project management standpoint?

That was good right from the beginning. They helped with many issues. There was a lot of back and forth from my father and Alexis was very patient in taking his feedback and didn’t charge us for a lot of the revisions. She had a really personal approach, which I appreciated.

The personal approach really made a difference. We didn’t have to meet in person, but Alexis was willing to come and meet with my father which was nice. I was able to get everything done over the phone. I didn’t want to send her the passwords for the site, so we also met informally to pass those on. Everything was really great.

I would recommend her to anybody. I know she’s worked with some smaller businesses in the area, and she’s invited me to meet with them to see how we can coordinate. She’s very knowledgeable about the local community outreach. I’m hoping we can partner up more in the future.

The proposal was really good, but maybe breaking down the additional services would be good. It scared my father at first, but now he understands.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

Going through a network of people you can trust and have a good reputation is good. If they have a strong web presence themselves, that’s also a positive sign. There were some people that reached out to me and said they could help me, but they didn’t even have a website. Being able to see previous work is important.

Overall Score It was perfect. I have no complaints. I hope we can keep working with them.
    Everything was right on point.
    The cost was good for what we were expecting and what we were asking for.

Social Media for Women's Clothing Retailer

"[It] was easy to reach out to Alexis. Anytime I reached out, she responded quickly."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Callahan & Toolen redesigned a clothing retailer's social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. They also produced newsletters and web content to boost engagement.

Woodbridge, New Jersey
CEO, Women's Clothing Retailer

The new strategy attracted new social media followers and increased brand awareness. Callahan & Toolen continually impressed with their helpful advice, dependable availability, and business-savvy marketing skills.

I am the vice president of an online women’s clothing retailer. We also have online stores as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Callahan & Toolen?

We were trying to expand our social media campaigns, get more followers, and expand our company awareness throughout the market.

Callahan & Toolen came up with a strategy for our social media campaigns including Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter. They were able to expand our following and spread awareness about our company. They also created some content with producing four or five newsletters, which helped out with creating awareness.

I worked directly with Alexis Callahan, the CEO.

How did you come to work with Callahan & Toolen?

Callahan & Toolen were recommended to me by one of the companies Alexis had previously worked for. We started working from there and have been for the past 1.5 years.

We have spent approximately $12,000—$15,000.

We started working with Callahan & Toolen in July 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

We gained an increase in followers through our social media campaigns.

How did Callahan & Toolen perform from a project management standpoint?

Alexis was great; we were in contact on a weekly basis either on the phone, and in-person as well.

The proximity of their location to us was very helpful, and it was easy to reach out to Alexis. Anytime I reached out, she responded quickly.

Nothing as of right now.

Do you have advice for people looking to hire a client in this field?

The only advice I have for someone looking for similar services is that it’s not easy due to the competitive market. You have to find the right people to help.

Alexis was very precise.
    Just to it being a very competitive market, and the returns we got on it; our ROI wasn’t as much as I expected.