We are bright, creative, experienced. We're nice!

CAKE is a full-service marketing firm.

CAKE works to help our clients reach the right audience in all senses of the word. Our 17 talented staffers together design captivating visuals, invent brilliant tactics, extract rich meaning from statistics, write irresistible headlines, program sweet user interfaces, and respond thoughtfully and creatively to client needs.

A small and nimble agency, we use our talents to help clients increase leads & sales.

2001
Asheville, NC
  • 230 Hilliard Ave Suite 1
    Asheville, NC 28801

Web Design & SEO for Plastic Surgery Practice

"They worked ahead of Google. If a particular tactic would be looked at with more emphasis by search engines in the future, CAKE would adopt it."

2012 - Ongoing

CAKE Websites & More assists the client with search engine optimization and tweaking their website with the goal of effective branding.

Dallas Metro Area
Randol Kirby
Business Owner, Kirby Plastic Surgery

CAKE Websites & More succeeds as a partner for the client by helping them achieve their goals; the agency contributed to increased business and better search rankings. The client praises CAKE for their quality work and recommends them to others.

We are a medical practice for adult and pediatric plastic surgery, both cosmetic and reconstructive, specializing in cosmetic work.

I am the business manager. My role is to grow the practice.

What business challenge were you trying to address with CAKE?

We needed to build a better website that would capture the best image of the doctor and put her presence out there. I initially built the site myself and worked on the SEO. It became evident that it would turn into a deep rabbit-hole. I needed help both with SEO work and tuning the site.

How did you come to work with CAKE?

After researching numerous SEO firms, I found CAKE. The recruitment process consisted mostly of phone conversations. Instead of using a bidding process, I put more emphasis on making sure that the fit was right between us and the person at the other end of the line. I’ve put more emphasis on the relationship, and it has paid off. CAKE is a partner in our business. They listen to us and we reciprocate.

They had to be competent too, obviously, and their work speaks for itself. I could pick out the sites made by CAKE blindfolded, so to speak, if someone made a line-up of them. They have a certain style, and Amy is the best, in my opinion. Her aesthetic eye for website design is amazing.

I had some good, tough questions for them for the SEO part, since I had experience with that kind of work. I have yet to stump Clark, their SEO specialist, with a question.

Many times, when searching for an SEO partner, I’d end up talking to a sales executive who would not have any of the answers I was looking for. On one occasion, I asked a question that stumped the sales executive, so I was passed from them to the manager, and ultimately to the director, and then the president. He wasn’t interested in hearing my questions but was just rapid-fire talking, doing a sales job. With CAKE, I had the opportunity to talk to the people I’d be working with, and they had great answers.

We started working with them in the fall of 2012.

On the design side, I have no complaints whatsoever about our website. The only downside would be if a competitor started using CAKE for themselves.

The mobile version needs a little facelift, but it works great in terms of functionality.

I aim for my business to be a leader in its field, and that’s how I view search results: we should come up within the first two spots for relevant terms. Out of all our keywords for surgical procedures, plus the term “plastic surgeon,” totaling 31 search terms, we sit within the first two results for all except two, and those two are almost irrelevant.

We’re the number one result for “mini tummy tuck,” but, by searching for simply “tummy tuck,” we’re almost nowhere to be found, which doesn’t bother me.

The other low result is for “gummy bear implant,” for which we’re number six. I’d like to work on that one the most, but it’s grouped with other synonyms for this type of implant, like “tummy gel” or “cohesive gel.” For “shape silicone” and another four synonyms for the same procedure, we rank one or two in search results.

They’re doing a wonderful job. Our phone is ringing all the time. When the rankings were lower, it rang less.

How did CAKE perform from a project management standpoint?

They worked ahead of Google. If a particular tactic would be looked at with more emphasis by search engines in the future, CAKE would adopt it. Many people don’t understand this aspect of SEO and rather look for simple guarantees of results. CAKE was careful with offering promises, which I considered a white flag.

What distinguishes CAKE from other providers?

There are polarized interests in the search engine market: the human aspect begs for an aesthetically-pleasing and conversational content. Search engines, on the other hand, prefer an abundance of keywords, which often times won’t look right. CAKE provides a balance between these two elements.

Is there anything CAKE could have improved or done differently?

They don’t have a marketer, which is a part of our business that I’m eager to outsource. They should provide someone that could take care of all aspects of marketing, from sending out our newsletter to any other promotional elements.

Because they’re our partners, they wait for us to review content, proofread it and send it to them. I would love for them to drive more of this work.

They do a good job of content management in general. We have a process of working on blog posts and press releases, choosing topics and release times for certain pieces. CAKE gets deadline approval from us and works on a timely basis. When they have to wait for us for a piece of content, they take the tactic of not pressuring us, which they should do.

Overall Score They’re my favorite vendor.
    When the responsibility is theirs, they stay on track.
    I will always recommend them, as long as it’s not to a competitor.

Web Design & SEO for Cosmetic Surgery Practice

"Since working with CAKE Websites & More, every analytic aspect of the site has improved."

2013 - Ongoing

CAKE Websites & More provides a variety of services for the client including web design, marketing, and search engine optimization.

Las Vegas Metro Area
Dr. Samir Pancholi
Medical Director, Cosmetic Surgery of Las Vegas

CAKE Websites & More succeeds as a partner for the client by helping them achieve their goals; the agency contributed to a decreased bounce rate and increased user engagement. The client praises CAKE for their ability to deliver quality work.

My name is Dr. Samir Pancholi. I am a cosmetic surgeon in Las Vegas, Nevada. My practice is specialized in all aspects of cosmetic surgery.

What business challenge were you trying to address with CAKE?

I had used a company that developed my website and put together the SEO for it. I was getting inconsistent results with that vendor. They would ramp up their activity after receiving a phone call from us, but for the rest of the time, they'd fall by the wayside.

CAKE rebuilt my website entirely. They worked on web design, marketing and SEO for me.

How did you come to work with CAKE?

When I started looking for another company, I reached a few hurdles along the way in the form of vendors that had specific templates in mind. If my design didn't fall within those templates, they would expect me to assist in designing my idea. That didn't lead to very useful results in regards to end-user attractiveness.

I asked CAKE to take the approach they thought would reach my audience. They took it from there, and were able to put together exactly what I wanted.

Their pricing was above average, but they also produced above average results.

We started working together in 2013. They continue to do my web marketing and SEO.

Since working with CAKE Websites & More, every analytic aspect of the site has improved. The bounce rate has dropped off, the average time spent on the website and user engagement have improved, and visitor numbers have increased.

My overall ranking when working with the previous company was within page three or four for most keywords. Right now, I'm not only on the first page, but within the top results for any keyword I'm interested in.

What distinguishes CAKE from other providers?

They deliver. They're very receptive to any needs, concerns or questions, and are very easy to work with and down to earth.

They are priced above the average market value, but they deliver what they say they deliver.

Is there anything CAKE could have improved or done differently?

I've been very satisfied with what I've achieved. I can't say anything negative about them.