Web & Mobile Development Company

Cadabra Studio is a web and mobile development company that forms a team of 40+ skillful and proficient specialists.

Today, we are privileged to work with dozens of clients around the globe with exceptional products and provide them with delightful results.

We offer:

• Development — iOS, Android, cross-platform app and responsive web development using a variety of programming languages.
  • UI/UX design — full-service design for web, mobile, and prototyping services to create an individual style for your business.
  • Branding — we know for sure how a brand can be remembered and work hard on the uniqueness of our customers’ businesses.

Spheres we work in:

• Real Estate
  • Startups
  • Travel & Tourism

Why Cadabra Studio?

Making your dreams come true, we work daily to create a world that awaits our children and us in the nearest future. What makes a successful product? The criteria for success are diverse, but there is one thing that unites them — it’s simplicity.

We believe that great things are never complicated, that’s why Cadabra Studio magic is based on creating complex things to be simple.

Available for hire [email protected]

• Stockholm
    Sweden
  • Amsterdam
    Netherlands

We work closely with the startup founders to build, launch and grow successful digital products and help businesses grow via modern marketing strategies, branding, user centered design, and beautiful online presences.

Design for A2B is a social networking platform

AmeriHealth Home Care by CDPAP Image

AmeriHealth Home Care by CDPAP

Website design for https://nyccdpap.com/

Clean Leaf  Image

Clean Leaf

Illustrations for Clear Leaf webpage. They stand for green technologies and elimination of air and water pollution.

Eating list  Image

Eating list

Eating List app is everything for people who wants to look and feel shiny and healthy. Search for ingredients that you love and want to eat and get a list of simple and delicious recipes to cook. Useful tips, intuitive design and plenty of recipes will bring your diet into delicious routine. Full project
Cash On Image

Cash On

Manage your accounts easily with Cash on dashboard. Easy graphics and analytics will make your account routine easier than ever. Highlight transactions that matters. Follow your current expenses and easy tips to save your actives. Easy on dashboard is your personal accountist on the palm of your hand.
Chevent Image

Chevent

To discover events and throw your own ones is much fun with a new app - Chevent. The easy-to-use interface provides instant interaction between an event host and potential guests. Users can easily register or schedule attendance, discuss and rate events and leave reviews with emoji-impressions. Light themes, vivid elements, and trending fonts create an appealing environment even for a picky user.
WeHealth Image

WeHealth

Tour planner Image

Tour planner

Enter your special occasion, destination, travel dates, number of guests and tap search, check the results from hundreds of proposals. Choose the one you dreamed about and start preparing for the journey.
On Mission Image

On Mission

On Mission app offers a unique software solution for managers and travelers to optimize trip planning, coordination, and communication. A merger between virtual database with essential features and maximum automation of the whole process.
On Dash Dashboard  Image

On Dash Dashboard

Plan, track, relieve and report with this simple and clean dashboard for all your tasks and activities. It’s a powerful tool for your productivity. And not only your productivity. With It's team projects capabilities you can manage and log your projects with ease. Flat and bold design of On Dash dashboard makes your everyday routine more convenient.
Cryplet Image

Cryplet

Cryplet - a crypto wallet app to carry your crypto activity on the go. This animated landing page shows all benefits of this simple and good looking app that helps you to see your balance and transaction on your phone or tablet easily. Cryplet - the future on the palm of your hand.
Coins Image

Coins

With Coins, you can buy and sell rare and expensive coins, set up themed auctions and find the ones created by other collectors. Full project https://www.behance.net/gallery/71760109/Coins-App-for-numismatists
E-commerce Image

E-commerce

Place 2Go Image

Place 2Go

The app allows to find a nice place to have a rest, earn bonuses and spend them anytime you want.

Tokenmaster Image

Tokenmaster

Tokenmaster concept app. It’s dark themed. It’s good looking. And it’s a crypto currency dashboard. Also check out our interface attachments. Tokenmaster could be a perfect app for your crypto currency product.
E-commerce Image

E-commerce

Concept for an online store of Ukrainian bags brand “Level"

Landing Page Drony Image

Landing Page Drony

This beautiful landing page for Drony was designed with a consideration of clean and light elements in action. Clear UI and easy to use UX will convince all drone lovers to look through all the drones for sale and definitely get one.

Graphic & Animation Design for Weight Loss Platform

"We trust them, are comfortable working with them, and work with them frequently."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Cadabra Studio develops motion designs and animations for a weight loss platform’s website and mobile apps.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sergey Oreshko
CEO & Co-Founder, MyNetDiary

The client is fully satisfied with the quality of Cadabra Studio’s graphic design work, leading to a continued relationship. The team proactively communicates their availability and ability to meet deadlines. Their responsiveness adds to a professional partnership.

I’m the CEO & co-founder of MyNetDiary. We provide an online weight loss service.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cadabra Studio?

We needed some graphic design work done for our website and mobile applications.

We present concepts to Cadabra Studio, and they help implement those into motion design and animation. They’ve provided stand-alone art that they then implemented into our website and mobile apps, which are for iOS and Android.

There are typically 3–4 people working with us: two designers, a project manager, and someone from management.

How did you come to work with Cadabra Studio?

We found them through Upwork initially. We work directly with them now.

We spent about $10,000–$30,000

We began working together around February 2016, and it’s ongoing. They do work for us every month or two.

We’re very satisfied with Cadabra Studio’s process and the work they’ve provided. We’ve worked with several of their designers. The internal feedback is positive.

How did Cadabra Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicate clearly regarding when they can begin and finish projects. Since they’re offshore, they have different holidays, and they always notify us ahead of time when they’ll be unavailable. We communicate mainly via Skype.

Cadabra Studio is a very professional partner. We trust them, are comfortable working with them, and work with them frequently. Whenever we call them up with work, even on short notice, they’re available to get it done.

No, I don’t think there’s much room for improvement.

Have clear concepts and starting points. Communicate, and be available to work with them throughout the project.

Overall Score We’re a very satisfied client.
    They’re professional and organized.
    Compared to local designers, the price is excellent!
    I highly recommend them.

Web Dev for AI-Driven Business Insights Company

"They care about their job — they're passionate, and they try to do their best."

Oct. 2019 - Mar. 2020

Cadabra Studio ventured to develop a user-friendly website for an AI-driven business insights platform. They were particularly tasked with constructing a backend that would facilitate analysts' everyday use.

Westport, Conneticut
Gianluca Ruggiero
CEO, MASSIVE

Cadabra Studio delivered an elegant website with complex data management features. While it's too early to quantify success metrics, the client is very pleased with their work. Their dedicated team ensured smooth project management. Additionally, their UI/UX and design standards are exceptional.

I am the CEO of MASSIVE, an A.I. company that transforms e-commerce data and consumer reviews into actionable business insights.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cadabra Studio?

We had to create a new corporate website together with an ownable illustrative style. We also had to develop data backends to improve our analysts' effectiveness.

We wanted to develop something elegant and easy to use. We wanted someone that could integrate various skills.

I looked for website portfolios on Dribble and Behance, and I selected a final roster of five.

Development of a Corporate website with a blog feature on Drupal, development of a Brand illustration style and a theme, development of very complex data management UI for professionals

A project leader, one UI specialist, one Angular specialist, one QA specialist, one Art Director.

We just launched so it's too early to judge, but we are very happy with the result.

Conversation with PM was ongoing continuously on Slack and Skype, and the person was very present and helpful.

They care about their job — they're passionate, and they try to do their best. And they have very good standards of UI and design elegance.

Some specialists might have basic knowledge of english language and this sometimes hinders communication and creates misunderstanding.

Very good planning and Project Management.
    More expensive than expected, as debugging the most difficult parts (e.g. professional data management front ends) took more time than expected.
    The quality I was expecting.
    Very likely

UI/UX Design for Mobile App Product

"They're able to create outstanding designs that follow the brief while bringing something new to the table."

July - Sept. 2019

Using a provided design and guidelines as a starting point, Cadabra Studio developed improved UX/UI designs for landing pages, tutorial screens, and core functionality. They also optimized the onboarding flow.

Founder, Tech Startup

While the product has yet to launch, internal stakeholders are pleased with the final outcome. Cadabra Studio demonstrated strong technical design skills, producing outstanding designs that were refreshing to see. An organized project plan helped avoid any gaps in delivery.

I am in the process of setting up a technology startup. I am the founder. Since the product is not in the market yet, I am unable to disclose the nature of the product.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cadabra Studio?

I hired Cadabra Studio to drastically improve and build upon the UI design that I had.

The objectives were to create a design that is/has:

• Mature yet refreshingly new
  • Minimalistic
  • Colors that are pleasing to the eye and used carefully
  • UI flow that takes the user to the core objective in as few steps as possible
  • A new take on a traditional layout that still feels familiar to users

I evaluated 20+ vendors on design aesthetic and price. Among all the portfolios that I went through, Cadabra Studio's had the design aesthetic that I was looking for. Since Cadabra's pricing was competitive, I selected them.

Scope: landing page, tutorial screens, onboarding flow, user profile, account settings, core functionality design

My role: Providing overall direction and detailed guidelines, critiquing the design

Vendor: Strategy, illustrations, UI design, UX flow optimization

1 project manager + 1 designer. The composition did not change.

Outcome: An excellent design that I am happy with. The product is yet to be tested in the market - feedback is awaited.

From a project management standpoint, Cadabra's communication, process, and execution were truly outstanding. We used Skype for communication and Invision for feedback/comments. The team's responsiveness and ability to execute based on feedback was exceptional.

1. Strong technical capability - They're able to create outstanding designs that follow the brief while bringing something new to the table.
  2. Responsiveness and Communication - They are very collaborative and act on feedback immediately
  3. Planning - Planning is key to any project. Cadabra's process is very structured. The managers plan ahead and avoid gaps in the process.
  4. Quality - Quality of work is outstanding in all respects

No obvious areas of improvement in terms of process and quality of work. However, their billing department can certainly work towards making it easy and quick for US customers to make the payment.

Outstanding work - could not have asked for a better design firm!

UI/UX & Branding for Advertising Software Company

"Every time they send me results, I’m amazed."

May - Sept. 2017

Cadabra studio provided UI/UX services, working on a desktop application. They focused on the design, branding, logo, and animation videos.

Israel
CEO, Woglue

The completed UX is excellent: clear, informative, and easy to use, while the UI is high quality and was finished shortly after. The team managed the project extremely smoothly and ensured that all deliverables were well tracked and professionally handled.

I’m the CEO and founder of a startup called Woglue, a marketplace for digital advertising. We install smart screens with webcams in small businesses like offices, bars, and restaurants. We can recognize if people look at the screen, for how long, and their age and gender. The advertiser pays for each view from their target audience.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cadabra Studio?

I had the idea for the product and I knew how to develop the technology, but didn’t have any experience in UI/UX design. Once I knew how I wanted it to look, I started to look for designers who could do the UI/UX, prototypes, and branding for me.

They were only responsible for the design and branding, while also providing animation videos. I developed the website myself with my co-founder, but I used them to do some project management. After I developed everything, I could that the estimations they gave us were precise. They mostly worked on the UI/UX and branding. They use a lot of professional tools like InVision and Zeplin.

They worked on the desktop version of my platform. I’m planning to also build a mobile application and will 100% work with them.

I worked with four guys. There was a project manager for the designers, a UI/UX designer, a designer who worked on my logo, and a designer who worked on my promo animation videos. I was constantly in contact with Anastasia (Co-Founder, Cadabra Studio).

How did you come to work with Cadabra Studio?

I’m originally from Russia and wanted a Russian-speaking company. I found different studios on Dribbble, where designers provide their portfolios. I chose Cadabra because they showed interest and answered me quickly. After speaking with them, it seemed as if we could work together.

$10,000.

We started working together in May 2017 until September 2017.

Every time they send me results, I’m amazed. It’s a very high quality and professional website. It was very important for me to have something that was tailor-made and outstanding, which I received. I was able to immediately see how the UX would work. If I wanted something done differently, they made changes immediately. After we reviewed all the UX deliverables, they then did the UI very quickly. I’m very happy with the quality.

How did Cadabra Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

I was amazed that everything went really fast. They always provided me with a few examples and different styles to choose from, and we had biweekly Skype video calls with the project manager and Anastasia. They explained how it was going and proposed different approaches. If I had additional questions, I called them. Every week or every two weeks, they sent me a report from Jira, which showed how long the work took, what was done, and an estimation of the next tasks. When the main designer went on vacation, they provided me with another designer. It was very convenient for me because I had deadlines and didn’t want to wait.

They’re responsive and are available 24/7. I can even contact them in the late hours and they answer me. They cover all my needs­—if I need animation, the find someone who can do it. If I need, a logo, they immediately provide a professional who specializes in logos.

They deliver the results and don't miss deadlines. We finished earlier than they planned. It’s possible to not only develop a professional relationship with them, but also a personal relationship. From time to time, they ask how I’m doing, and when I asked them to do a one-pager for my company, they did it for free because they said it’s very easy and quick. I feel like they’re my friends now.

When they first started, I didn’t use their services for development. I’m 100% sure that they are a one-stop shop and would do amazing work for a company who wants both development and design work. My advice is to consider them. They’re professionals who do an amazing job. They amazed me from the first email.

Six.
    They have a special offer for startups to get lower prices.
    I already recommend them to everyone I know.

CMS Backend Redesign for Advertising Group

"They rise to the challenge whenever new ideas surface."

June 2018 - Ongoing

Cadabra Studio updated a CRM backend, focusing primarily on UX/UI features.

Montreal, Canada
Director of Operations, Advertising Group

Cadabra Studio's updates make user inputs much easier. They don't rush through key challenges, including those presented to them unexpectedly. While some cultural and time differences occasionally created unease, they've assuaged those concerns through hard work and their commitment to quality.

I'm the director of operations at a marketing and advertising group. I'm in charge of developing systems that help improve business processes.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cadabra Studio?

We needed to redesign our CRM data entry system. We wanted a modern, usable system with better UX in mind.

We wanted to update the old system.

They were highly recommended on Upwork.

Cadabra Studio incorporated elements of our old data entry process into the new system. In doing so, they improved overall UX/UI, making the system much easier to use.

I worked with two UX/UI designers.

Their designs have been great.

At first, the language barrier was a concern, but as the project has progressed, the team has taken their time to ensure they understand our needs and goals.

We appreciate their dedication to the design process. They focus on being effective yet simple. They rise to the challenge whenever new ideas surface.

Although it's not a deal breaker, it would be helpful if there weren't a time difference in our respective business hours. However, the quality of work justifies the inconvenience.

Web & iOS/Android Dev for Development Company

"I’ve used 30 partners on 50 projects and they are easily the best team I’ve ever worked with."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Cadabra Studio provides white-label app development and UX. They are developing a web app with iOS and Android versions for a four-application family of products. The team codes in multiple languages.

Atlanta, Georgia
Owner, Development Company

Quality is stellar and results from their sense of ownership over the development process. Cadabra Studio collaborates at each step of the project, using effective communication to ensure compliance with intent and specifications. The bilingual team is exceptionally honest and trustworthy.

I own a development company that builds applications and websites for small businesses. We also do UX, strategy, and marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cadabra Studio?

Currently, our business has more work than we have developers. To solve this problem, we try to create strategic relationships with multiple companies that are strictly application development firms. We use Cadabra Studio as a white-label partner when we have any overflow.

Cadabra Studio primarily does web and mobile app development for us, but they also have a creative team for UX/UI design. Most of their current project is confidential during development. They’re working on a web app for a religious group. The deliverable is the first piece in a four-application family of products. The team is also building iOS and Android apps as part of the first piece.

The team includes a UX developer, a Ruby on Rails developer, an iOS developer, and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Cadabra Studio?

We hired another vendor to complete a development project, but the partnership didn’t work out. We then asked Cadabra to make a bid, which turned great. They also had good UX designs.

We started working with them around November 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

The quality of the apps is fantastic, but we also measure performance by the ease of communication and their ability to grasp a concept. Cadabra Studio excels at both criteria, especially given the language barrier. The team understands the motivation and context of new products, not just the technical specifications. To that end, they take ownership of deliverables. Their thought process and strategy are collaborative, which makes them a good match for our business.

How did Cadabra Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Among the eight vendors we’re currently engaging between Ukraine and Belarus, Cadabra Studio stands out for their sense of ownership. For the current project, the team has taken time to understand the app and its purpose, which helps them appreciate the specifications’ religious context. We use Skype and Slack to communicate. They use internal project management tools that I access occasionally.

Project management has been fantastic as we work toward the finished product. Impressively, they are bilingual and code in multiple languages. With the project manager’s leadership, the team double checks everything and asks great questions to ensure they understand the requirements. We’ve had a good experience with Cadabra Studio and only minimal miscommunications.

Most team members don’t speak English well, but they’re working on it. As an American, I appreciate that effort because we couldn’t do the project in Ukrainian. They're doing a great job.

Trust the team because they have good instincts. Most domestic agencies approach international vendors with suspicion, which ultimately hinders the partnership’s effectiveness. The language barrier likely plays into that attitude. Cadabra Studio has some of the most forthright and honest people I’ve met. They’re reliable team players.

I'd give them six stars if possible.
    So far, it's great.
    They're our secret weapon. We want them to grow, but also keep them for ourselves.

UI/UX for Live Streaming Web & App Platform

“I’ve worked with a lot of design teams and this was one of the best experiences I’ve had.”

Summer 2016 - 2017

Cadabra Studio provided UI/UX support for a live-streaming platform that broadcasts feeds from unmanned sensors to a central hub. They set workflows and other design elements within a feature-rich system.

Executive, VideoGorillas

Cadabra helped complete a good MVP and market feedback validated their work. They are good communicators, well-organized, and willing to make suggestions for improvements. They understood the requirements and helped meet goals.

We’re a media technology company focused on machine learning and AI. Though our primary market is media and entertainment, we also provide services to law enforcement, telco, auto, and other industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cadabra Studio?

We approached them to support UX/UI for a live-streaming platform for remote sensors like drones or underwater robots. It’s a web and mobile app for both iOS and Android.

I interfaced with them on the product side and went through a collaborative product development lifecycle. We had a discovery period to define user personas and then set up a workflow to suit the use cases. I created the wires and we adjusted them through an iterative process.

The platform reviews multiple feeds from different sensors and relays each broadcast back to a central hub. Multiple users can interact with one another via audio or text chat options. It also plots locations of human users and unmanned sensors on a map. It’s a fairly complicated, feature-rich solution.

We had a project manager as a point person and a team of designers. They handled creative elements and my team answered their questions and gave them feedback.

How did you come to work with Cadabra Studio?

We were looking for a team to work with and a team member in Kiev found them. Our development team is based in Ukraine, which is one reason it made sense to hire Cadabra. Communication with the development team would be easy. We had an initial discussion and a team interview with them. Everyone felt comfortable and we decided to move forward.

We spent between $30,000–$50,000.

We worked together between summer 2016 and summer 2017. The whole engagement lasted 8–12 months. We would like to use them again for future projects.

We built an MVP, so I was expecting the process to be iterative. We got to a good place and were getting positive market feedback that validated the work we had done and decisions we made. Overall, I was happy with the quality of their work and the impact it had on our customers.

How did Cadabra Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re good communicators. I don’t speak Russian, but their English is good and we achieved our goals successfully. They put a lot of nuance into the product and we never experienced any difficulty with a remote relationship. We had a lot of iteration and the whole process worked well.

They were well-organized and they cared about the work. They weren’t afraid of creative conflict and were ready to make suggestions if they had a better option. We debated some features and they proved they were willing to dedicate extra energy to improvements.

They’re only as good as we allow them to be. It requires a lot of focus on our side to make sure the requirements are clear and everyone understands them. Still, this was a successful project. I’ve worked with a lot of design teams and this was one of the best experiences I’ve had. I would definitely use them again.

If you’ve never worked with a remote team, there is some work to be done upfront. Make sure your requirements are clear and understood. A little bit of clear communication goes a long way.

Overall Score I enjoyed interacting with them and would definitely work with them again. They’re a vibrant group of people.
    Their cost is great.
    I’m likely to recommend them.

Web App & UX Enhancement for Performance Review Firm

"The quality of their work exceeds our expectations every time."

Summer 2016 - Ongoing

Cadabra updated a previously developed web app's UX/UI and refined its usability. Currently, they are developing the visual design for a new administrative feature.

Ireland
Gar Morley
Lead Developer, WorkCompass

With a keen eye for composition and layout, Cadabra's work refines usability and creates impressive UX/UI. Impressing executives, they continue to deliver exceptional quality of work. While online communication methods better tailored, they respond quickly to new requests and inquires.

I am the lead developer of Work Compass, a company that services performance management for medium to large companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cadabra Studio?

We hired them primarily for web app design capabilities which we do not have in-house. We also previously used them for some web development.

Cadabra refined usability of our previously developed web app and updated its UX/UI.

Currently, they are helping the development of a new administrative feature for our application which allows managers to provide feedback to staff members. They are providing us the visual design, including the interface and chat bubbles. Their team advises us on functionality and how users will interact with certain buttons. They are molding the chat’s personality and developing an avatar to go along with it.

We work primarily with a project manager, but also provide a person in-house whose job is 50% support and 50% product design. They will assign another designer depending on the amount of work. When they helped us with development work, we worked with 2–3 of their designers.

How did you come to work with Cadabra Studio?

We work in a shared space with a couple of other tech companies and one of them recommended Cadabra.

We started during the summer of 2016 and the engagement is ongoing.

Our executives are blown away by the quality of their designs and smooth UX/UI.

We do not have any measure metrics on the administrative feature’s usability as it has not yet been released.

How did Cadabra Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

We do most of the project management itself, but they will provide a detailed Google Docs and conduct a Skype conversation to kick off a project.

Communicating in person would be nice, but they communicate well enough over Skype, Skype Chat, and email.They are still very responsive and make sure we have everything we need. If we have any last-minute changes or need something by the end of the week, they work very hard to get it done for us on time.

The quality of their work exceeds our expectations every time.

They are overall very good and responsive even with our three-hour time zone difference. Perhaps they could still try to smooth out our conversations through Skype and email.

Try to start a project as early as possible with them, so you can set time for changes you might want to make.

They are very good, but some things can always be improved.
    We receive very good value from their work.

UX & Platform Design for Fintech Firm

“We wish there were more designers like Cadabra.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Cadabra designed a UX platform and landing pages. After discovery meetings and an asset audit, they created mood boards and then collaborated to produce a visual direction.

Washington, DC
Masha Sharma
Co-Founder, RealAtom

Cadabra’s work led to an MVP, capital investment, and an initial customer base. They’ve managed the project effectively and have demonstrated their talent and agility. Their high-quality work has led to an ongoing partnership.

I am Co-founder and CTO of RealAtom, a Fintech startup We are a marketplace for commercial real estate loans. We connect commercial real estate borrowers with lenders and give them tools to go through the process in the most efficient way.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cadabra Studio?

We hired Cadabra to help us define our UX, as well as to design the platform, presentations and landing pages.

Our goals are to increase our conversions and provide an easy to use interface, to retain existing customers.

I had a great experience with Cadabra on a previous project.

We had a series of discovery meetings and did an audit of existing assets. We discussed our goals and the scope. The Cadabra team then created several mood boards to help us narrow down the visual direction. Once that was completed, we started discussing our ideal user experience. Cadabara created sketches which we tested with a few customers, and were then turned into designs and prototypes.

We had a project manager and we worked with a designer.

We launched an MVP which helped us enter the market, raise seed-round funds, and gain an initial customer base. We are now working on the second version of the product.

We’ve worked smoothly and effectively together.

Their talent and agility stood out to us.

We wish there were more designers like Cadabra so we could move faster.

Customer Portal UX/UI for Insurance Company

"They’re willing to help in any way to ensure our project is successful."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Cadabra Studio completed UI and UX designs for a customer-facing web portal. They advise on current design trends and best practices. Development will start next month in anticipation of a late 2018 launch.

Texas
IT Manager, Insurance Company

They’ve been a reliable and expert partner for the design space. They offer impressive products at competitively low rates. Their cutting-edge guidance has enhanced results and overall competitiveness. The team’s communication skills make them well-suited for international and remote customers.

I am the IT manager at an insurance company. We offer property and casualty insurance and specialize in farm and ranch properties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cadabra Studio?

We needed to upgrade our online portal where clients manage their policies. Although we had a small in-house development team, web design was not our strength. We hired Cadabra Studios to execute the UI/UX designs.

The UI/UX design needed to increase the range of functionalities for end-users. We knew that a better online experience would improve customer satisfaction and retention. At this point, we’ve completed the design process and will start development in May. We expect to launch later this year.

The Cadabra team includes a project manager, designer, and an illustrator.

How did you come to work with Cadabra Studio?

We found them via UpWork and have worked with them on that platform. They had an impressive portfolio.

Work started in December 2017 and is ongoing.

The designs are impressive and meet the scope’s requirements. We rely on their design expertise to follow new principles and best practices, which they reliably implement.

How did Cadabra Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

The Cadabra project manager keeps us very informed of the project status. We communicate daily via email, Skye, and Teamwork, a cloud-based project management tool. They’re based in Ukraine and speak very good English. We haven’t had any communication issues.

They’re willing to help in any way to ensure our project is successful. The team is also cutting edge; they help us keep current with web design trends.

In addition to being international, they’re also in an urban setting, which creates some disconnect with our rural America based company. We explain some concepts more thoroughly because it’s unfair to assume they’ll understand our idiosyncrasies.

Have clear parameters and goals before engaging a design firm. We weren’t totally prepared and inadvertently wasted some of Cadabra’s time. Specific instructions will help them get it right the first time.

Overall Score They're a good company to work with.
    They communicated well despite the language barrier.
    The cost is exceptional compared to domestic markets.
    I'm very impressed with them.
    I would recommend them – 100%.