Strategic thinking. Compelling design.

We are a multi-disciplinary graphic design company based out of San Diego. For us it’s more than just making things look great. We believe design is the fundamental tool for helping people connect and communicate effectively. It is our passion to take concepts, ideas, and emotion and translate them into memorable and captivating visual experiences.

San Diego, CA
  • 2121 Adams Avs.
    San Diego, CA 921116

Union Cowork, Jeremiah Johnson Brewing Co., Host & Porter, Old Harbor Distillery, KUSC, Brekki

Branding for Top Disposable Cutlery Company

"They’re wonderful people to work with that truly overdeliver."

Jun. 2017 - Jun. 2018

Caava Design produced new branding for the company, including a new name, product packaging, and a refreshed image for using across various product categories. They also designed catalogs and a website.

Avi Blau
Partner, Host & Porter

Their understanding of the company's needs was so spot on that they didn't have to produce too many design options. The new branding resulted in new contracts with retailers. Responsiveness and an ability to overcome challenges with ease are highlights of their work.

I’m a partner at Host & Porter, a top disposable cutlery company. We’re probably the number one seller in this category on Amazon and have over 400 listings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Caava Design?

We had to choose a name and image that would fit our products, as well as make each collection to look different yet part of our big family. We also had to do it all within an established timeline.

Caava Design chose our name and then came up with a watercolor pattern scheme that could be used across our entire product family. Within three months, we started getting deliverables. They also helped us create different catalogs for different targets, as well as a full website.

We started with three team members. They later brought on a few more people into the project.

How did you come to work with Caava Design?

I reached out to a few different agencies, but some of the proposals were extremely expensive. I found Caava Design and liked their approach. I reached out, and the first call lasted over two hours. My main wish was to look like a big brand yet have each collection display its own identity.

We spent $200,000 on their work.

We worked together from June 2017–June 2018.

It was a real pleasure to work with them. They didn’t have to provide a lot of choices because they hit it off right away, understanding exactly what we wanted. We got some of major warehouse store retailers on board with our new branding.

Furthermore, we now have our new packaging on the shelves for many retailers and online. Caava Design took care of the catalogs, the website, and the entire hosting for the company.

How did Caava Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We had occasional calls and managed the project through the monday.com platform. Their team was very responsive.

They always came through regardless of tight deadlines and other difficulties. They’re wonderful people to work with that truly overdeliver.

N, I’d love to keep them a secret. I have some projects that are in the pipeline that I’d like to use them for.

I’m very pleased with them. They delivered great results.

Overall Score I’ve been in the development and marketing business for 20 years, and they’re one of the best out there.
    I would give them a 15 if I could.
    I did refer them, and they just landed a big client because of it. I'm so thankful for them.

Rebranding for Regional Brewery

“We have been amazed by their design proficiency and knowledge of what is best for a brand.”

July 2017 - Dec. 2018

Caava Design rebranded a craft brewery. They created designs for all products, including beer cans, merchandise, tap handles, and promotional signage.

Great Falls, Montana
Jeremiah Johnson
President & Owner, Jeremiah Johnson Brewing Company

Caava Design built brand awareness through distinctive designs and effective product launches. Their work spurred market expansion and drove top-performing supermarket sales. They were adept design and branding professionals. The team adhered to a strict timeframe.

I’m the president and owner of Jeremiah Johnson Brewing Company, a regional brewery in Montana. We are a production-focused craft brewery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Caava Design?

My wife and I bought an existing brewery and needed help with rebranding. We had a distinct vision of the company we wanted to be.

Caava Design created the whole brand. The team delivered seven different beer can designs. They also designed boxes, t-shirts, hats, tap handles, signage and posters, coolers, and more.

We engaged with Cody (Owner & Creative Director, Caava Design) and Wayne (Director of Marketing & Strategy, Caava Design). Lauren (Graphic Designer, Caava Design) also worked on our project, but we didn’t collaborate directly.

How did you come to work with Caava Design?

We interviewed several firms with craft brewery experience, but their designs lacked originality. A friend recommended Caava Design. I called Cody and liked his refreshing design insights.

My company has spent over $100,000.

The collaboration began in July 2017. Although our contract ended in December 2018, they have done some small tasks for us in 2019, and we remain in contact. Over the next few months, we plan to reengage them in a long-term contract.

We launched the new brand in May 2018 and encountered immediate success. Most stores around us began carrying several of our beer lines. Within a very short time, we were one of the top-selling new breweries in the country, per supermarket scans.

My company has signed three new distributors and entered three new states. We expect to continue expanding. Our brewery is on track to double the volume of product we did before we engaged Caava Design, and we will likely triple that number over the next year.

How did Caava Design perform from a project management standpoint?

In the crafty brewery industry, new brands must be launched by May so that the product is available in stores during the spring and summer, our busiest seasons. This meant we had quick turnaround times, but Caava Design delivered everything on schedule. Even though we were in different states and could not have in-person meetings, communication was seamless throughout the creative process.

We have been amazed by their design proficiency and knowledge of what is best for a brand. For instance, they created a red banner design that my team did not initially like. However, Caava Design knew this was the optimal branding approach, even if my company did not see it at first. Now, this design is extremely identifiable and receives excellent feedback. We are grateful that instead of modifying the design to our tastes, they defended their approach. They have created a real, long-term branding platform for our business.

I cannot think of any. They are extremely talented, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for high-level professional design.

They always adhered to the timeline.
    Costs were reasonable given the high-quality end result.
    Their deliverables were top-quality.
    I have already recommended them on several occasions.