We brand unicorns.

Gold

C42D is a top New York branding agency for visionary companies. We're focused on research, strategy, naming, design, and development.

We help our clients build and launch brands that customers love, build equity and increase ROI.

New York, NY
  • 315 W 36th Street
    New York, NY 10018

YouTube, Shazam, Ogilvy, Reebok, Foundation Capital, The Corcoran Group, Adidas, Google

Kindbody Image

Kindbody

Kindbody came to us needing to get out of the gate fast with a planned NYC launch only months away. The challenge was to strategize, develop and bring to life the brand story and identity, and launch the brand and website in short order.

Shazam for Brands Image

Shazam for Brands

Our task was to audit all sales tools, collaborate with the Shazam team to refine and evolve the story, create key visuals and a design system, and finally bring it all together with a comprehensive brand guide, presentation templates and a presentation usage guide.

Foundation Capital Website Design & Development Image

Foundation Capital Website Design & Development

We created a contemporary architecture and user experience design that is consistent with the startup and VC landscape today. We deployed an intuitive and user-friendly CMS that the marketing team uses with ease to update content and manage leads. We created an improved UX that reflected the progressive and contemporary nature of the Foundation brand and implemented a platform for announcements and lead capture, enabling

Foundation to maintain ongoing engagement with its followers.
Winq mobile app branding & UI/UX Image

Winq mobile app branding & UI/UX

In anticipation of its launch in the app store, Winq came to us to develop their brand identity and visual expression, and extend the work to the mobile app interface. We created a unique, expressive brand identity and mobile experience that was a clean and simple reflection of the elegance of the Winq mobile app.

YouTube Calendar Image

YouTube Calendar

With many initiatives pending for the new year, YouTube needed a simple, engaging way to keep its brand top-of-mind with the planning community. We created a one-of-a-kind, physically interactive, dimensional calendar specifically for media planners and strategists—perfect for one of the original unicorns. And this was no any ordinary calendar. It was custom-crafted from a solid birch wood base carved with YouTube branding and

holding twelve double-sided letterpress calendar cards.
Cuebiq Brand Relaunch Image

Cuebiq Brand Relaunch

Cuebiq, a global leader in mobility and geospatial analysis, helps marketers answer their most pressing targeting and measurement questions via the industry’s most comprehensive understanding of the offline consumer journey.

Cuebiq needed to evolve its brand position, visual identity, and web presence to embrace its role as market leader, while still reflecting the values and direction of the brand.

We

evolved Cuebiq’s current mark to be unique, ownable, and anchored in its core brand attributes. The resulting logotype uses a custom typeface to animate Cuebiq’s positivity and humanity. We extended that work into a new brand identity system and a rebuilt website experience.

View the full case study here.

Corcoran Group Brand Campaign & Website Image

Corcoran Group Brand Campaign & Website

We partnered with The Corcoran Group to create a direct response campaign targeting people who want to buy or rent a second home in The Hamptons.

We built a strategy that tapped into the emotional side of the business, by telling the stories of real people who escape NYC to the tranquility of their second homes.

We brought the stories of authentic people who live this lifestyle to life through a one-word action

headline and photography that captures the unique emotion each person finds in the Hamptons. Under a tight timeline, we executed the campaign through a variety of channels: Print ads, videos, digital ads, social media content and a responsve microsite.

The result brought emotion and humanity to the Corcoran Group’s brand. Click-through rates exceeded the industry average by over 700%.  View the full case study here.

Foundation Capital Corporate Identity Rebranding Image

Foundation Capital Corporate Identity Rebranding

One of Silicon Valley’s leading VC firms needed to update its branding to reflect it’s decades of unprecedented success. Foundation Capital needed an image that reflected its success, values, and its spectacular new Menlo Park headquarters.

The brand’s final logotype is one of the brand’s most recognizable assets and is rooted in the collaborative nature of its work. We created a comprehensive identity system that can

flex to meet the needs of all brand touchpoints.

The entire project culminated in a successful relaunch of the Foundation Capital brand. Foundation remains one of the leading venture capital firm in the Valley, and we’re proud to have had a role in shaping the identity of one of the best.

Read the full case study here

Branding & Web Dev & Design for Dermatology Practice

"Their ability to deeply understand the founder’s vision was impressive."

Oct. 2019 - May 2020

Assisting a dermatology company with overall branding, C42D developed and designed a website, wrote copy, and provided Instagram assets. The team also created brand guidelines and a teledermatology platform.

Caroline Robinson
CEO, Tone Dermatology

C42D’s deliverables were met with an extremely positive external response. The team’s work gave a clear picture of the brand and resulted in over 1,000 Instagram followers and several virtual consultations. Their project management exceeded expectations, and they weren’t afraid to take risks.

I’m a board-certified dermatologist and the CEO and founder of Tone Dermatology.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

The concept of this practice came to me about a year ago. The challenge I had was finding a team that understood the concept of the practice, which is a very different direction than most medical practices are taking.

We wanted to do something that was a push towards direct-to-consumer (D2C). In medicine, there is a traditional model and a retail model. My problem with retail medicine is that it doesn’t have that personal connection.

We wanted to have a practice that was really personalized, embedded in the community, and accessible. Our challenge was to not take the traditional route with marketing and messaging because patients wouldn’t understand that we were doing something different.

I worked briefly with a different marketing company in the early stages, but I wasn’t getting to the messaging that I wanted. So, I met with C42D.

The team helped us with brand strategy, positioning, brand narrative, and key messaging. C42D drafted some brand guidelines for us, developed and designed our website, and wrote copy. Additionally, they provided us with a few social media assets for Instagram.

They also helped us with our photography direction, but due to COVID-19, we weren’t able to shoot anything live. However, we were able to find a lot of stock photos, which helped us execute web design.

C42D also assisted with an email campaign. Finally, the team created a teledermatology platform or workflow, which was an added element of the project.

I worked primarily with two team members, but during my first meeting and periodically throughout the project, I met with David (Founder & CEO). They also had a designer who worked on the visual aspects of the brand early on.

How did you come to work with C42D?

When I was looking for an example of what direction I wanted to take, I couldn’t find anything that aligned with dermatology. So, I began looking outside of that field which is when I found a fertility group that C42D had worked with.

I liked their vision and the direction they took with the work they did for that different medical practice. What they did with that company was interesting and innovative. So, I called them and asked to meet them. Upon meeting with C42D, I could tell immediately that we were going to do great things.

We spent between $35,000–$45,000.

We worked together from October 2019–May 2020.

All of the deliverables have been completed. We launched the website and email campaign recently. We also launched the teledermatology platform, and it’s been well-received. As a result of working with them, I have a clear vision of what images would fit with the brand, which is helpful.

I’ve received a lot of comments from patients and colleagues about the website and the images on our social media account. The images are so strong that people feel like they understand and have a sense of the brand before I even have to speak on it.

They understand what we’re about just from the visuals, the website, and the name. I’ve done a few interviews speaking about the brand, and before I even spoke about it, the interviewers already seemed to have a sense of what we were trying to do.

We’ve already seen 15 patients virtually, even after launching the website only a week ago. We also have 1,600 followers on our Instagram account.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

We had at least two teammates on our calls. C42D is very responsive to emails, and one of the team members responded to my messages almost immediately. I’m a first-time business owner, so I’m working with a lot of different teams.

Out of all the teams that I’m working with, C42D exceeded expectations from a project management standpoint. I’m a perfectionist, so that says a lot about them.

Their ability to deeply understand the founder’s vision is impressive. They spent a lot of time asking me questions and having checkpoints to make sure that they were doing work that was true to my vision.

C42D was also not afraid to take risks. I like to push the envelope a little bit, so I liked that they presented me with lots of options, some of which were safe and some of which were innovative. For example, the color scheme we chose is something you don’t see in the medical space, but it works so well with our brand.

No, nothing comes to mind, but there’s always room for improvement.

It’s important to spend time on your own to understand what your vision is before approaching any marketing team. I spent a lot of time brainstorming my vision, which made our working relationship smoother because we were always on the same page.

I would definitely recommend them.

Branding for Women's Healthcare Company

“They’re passionate about what we were building.”

Mar. 2019 - Nov. 2019

C42D offered messaging and brand identity development services to a women’s health company. They delivered guidelines, designed the consumer app, and created both product and packaging design.

CEO, Women's Healthcare Company

The completed brand assets have resonated strongly with customers, who are providing positive feedback on the comforting feelings that it elicits. Through actively communicating over Slack, they were able to abide by the intended timeline while keeping all parties in the loop on changes.

We’re a women’s health platform that develops tests that quantitatively measures fertility hormones. Our main goal is to empower women with information about her health as to no longer make for fertility a black box.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We didn’t have a brand when we hired them, only a color scheme. It was important for us to make our brand more consumer-facing and give it a great look and feel.

They created brand guidelines, reworked our messaging, designed our app, and handled both product and package design. We decided on the total scope from the beginning and stuck to that plan.

We had two primary designers, a project manager, and someone in charge of their copy.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I found them on Clutch. However, the real reason I decided to go with them was a blog post that they shared with them. It was a review of several cliches that larger companies are doing in their branding today. I appreciated him calling out these cliches and showing me that they work differently. We could see that in their work.

We spent between $25,000–$50,000 on their work.

We started our work in March 2019, and it officially ended in November 2019.

People love the brand. Our goal was to create a feeling of comfort to indicate to women that they’re not alone on the journey of trying to conceive. It can be an isolating experience, and that feeling of comfort really comes through in their work.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

We were constantly communicating over Slack. In the beginning, we weren’t seeing as much of the work in progress as we wanted. That was unsettling because we wanted to make sure they could incorporate our vision into the work without wasting their time. Once they started updating us more frequently, the project became more dynamic. They were also able to incorporate work very quickly.

Their project manager was really on top of things. She made sure that everyone hit their deadlines and would loop everyone in for weekly meetings.

I liked their personal touch. They seemed to engage with our goals, and our mission resonated with many people on their team. They’re passionate about what we were building.

The messaging wasn’t as punchy as we may have wanted while entering a crowded market. However, they did a great job for the initial launch of a new brand.

Be clear about what you want in the work. This was a big learning experience for me, and I ended up wanting things I didn’t think I did at the start of the engagement. I spoke honestly with them, and we collectively determined the scope together. Then, before you engage, make sure you have all of that ironed out.

I’ve already recommended them to several people.

Rebranding for Group Purchasing & Consulting Firm

“Their patience helped them take all of our feedback into account.”

Jun. - Dec. 2019

Teaming up with a financial organization and consulting firm, C42D provided branding and naming services to their partner. They created a mission statement, logo, and branding guidelines.

VP, Group Purchasing and Consulting Firm

Working through several iterations to meet the needs of the internal staff, the team delivered hundreds of possible names, logos, and branding asset options. They consistently showed patience and attention to detail, which made them stand out from outside competitors.

We’re a purchasing organization and a consulting firm that works within three main areas of non-compensation spend: travel, insurance, and market data and information services. We aggregate our clients’ spend to get them discounts on hotel, car, and insurance services.

Our team also negotiates renewals and advises on product procurement to help manage subscription services more generally. Our clients tend to be boutique, mid-sized financial services firms that benefit from our purchasing and benchmarking programs. I’m the VP of the market data side of the business.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We were looking to fully rebrand our company. With that, we wanted a new name that reflected all of our focus areas without siloing us into any one of those areas. It was also important for them to allow us room for growth.

In addition to providing us with a new brand name, they helped us create a mission and strategy statement as well as a new logo. Their branding efforts also resulted in overall branding guidelines that dictate our fonts and colors. It also provided information relating to how to apply that information onto business cards and memos.

They provided us with stock photography and helped us create business cards. Their team showcased how the brand would look on the web by providing a mockup for a web page with icons that would guide our web design and presentation decks.

Typically, they would brainstorm before coming to us with several ideas for deliverables. We’d discuss together to guide the development. After they delivered, we’d circle back to offer feedback. For instance, we went through about six naming rounds before selecting one.

We were working with three people, including designers. Christa (Project Manager, C42D) and David (Founder & CEO, C42D) were helpful in organizing all of our work.

We spent between $50,000–$100,000 on their work.

The project lasted from June –December 2019. After that, they were just helping with one-off emails.

We were very happy with the process. I know it can take years to effectively rebrand, but we managed it in just six months. We were happy with the new name, and they handled all of our feedback very professionally. They took our suggestions seriously, returning with work that reflected that. Our team loves the name, collateral, and branded slide deck. It all took several iterations, but they were very patient about that.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

Christa always replied to us within the hour, which gave us confidence that they were making progress. Their responsiveness was great. They used a file-sharing app to communicate.

I appreciated their timeliness and responsiveness. They took on many iterations of work to make sure that we got the end products that we were aiming for. Their patience helped them take all of our feedback into account.

We struggled with coming up with a tagline. They provided us with about 100 options, but we couldn’t decide on one on our end. That wasn’t a huge deal, though, because we work in so many different industries. It would’ve been great if they went deeper into the presentation deck development as well.

Make sure your streamlining feedback on all the deliverables because there are tons of assets that go into this kind of development. That’ll help make the process smoother.

I’d recommend them.

Branding for Consumer Goods Company

“C42D is passionate and they put their all into every project.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

C42D provided branding services for a consumer goods company. This included designing a new website, packaging, and a logo. They also helped name our new products and created brand guidelines.

President, Consumer Goods Company

Our new branding has recieved positive feedback from focus groups and major retailers, not just on our brand but on our product names, color, and packaging. C42D provides high-quality results in a timely manner. The team is creative, accommodating, and personable.

I am the president of a consumer goods company. We are currently launching a new line of diaper pails.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We launched a brand new line of diaper pails and needed branding from the ground up.

C42D provided branding services for our company and new line of diaper pails. The team designed a new website, packaging, and logo for us. They also helped us name our new line of products and come up with the branding guidelines.

We worked with four members of the C42D team, including David (Founder & CEO, C42D), Alison (Associate Art Director, C42D), Christa (Project Manager, C42D), and T.J. (Digital Designer, C42D).

How did you come to work with C42D?

I found C42D online while searching for branding firms. We had a very specific budget and wanted a partner who could do a great job within our budget. When we met them, our teams just clicked. We loved their previous work and they were happy to work with us on our budget and timeline.

Our ongoing engagement with C42D began in April 2019.

We’ve pitched to some major retailers and get an amazing amount of positive feedback, not just on the naming of our products but also on our branding, colors, and packaging. Everybody flips over it. The feedback has been off the charts.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

C42D is very responsive and helpful. We had a very good experience working with them.

C42D is passionate and they put their all into every project. The team is helpful across the board. They’re just great to work with, a very talented group of people.

No, it’s been a very pleasant project so far.

I highly encourage people to consider working with C42D because they are very talented and hardworking. They are an accommodating group, and really seem to get along really well with each other.

They’ve hit all of their timeline milestones accurately.
    They’ve been very patient with us.
    I would highly recommend them.

Branding for Mental Health Care Company

"They were able to translate their understanding of our company both visually and in written content."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

C42D provided branding services for a mental health care company. This included creating a new brand, new logo, new website, and new messaging.

Princeton, New Jersey
Steven P. Levine, M.D.
Founder & Chief Medical Officer, Actify

The new branding has received positive reviews from both internal and external sources. Responsive and respectful, C42D provides a high quality of service and support to clients. The team crafts a seamless workflow through effective communication.

I am the founder and chief medical officer for Actify, an innovative mental health services company serving patients in 10 locations in 8 states, providing accessible, comprehensive treatment for mood and anxiety disorders ranging from digital therapies to interventional psychiatry.

For what projects/services did your company hire C42D?

We needed help representing our expanding range of services through a new brand, new logo, new website, and new messaging both B2B and B2C.

We had built an international reputation in a niche area of the mental health care space, but wanted to create access for new patients by establishing a brand that represented offerings beyond 1 core service.

Our CEO vetted several firms both online and by word of mouth. We then spoke with multiple of them. We were impressed from the beginning by C42Ds presentation, and then further convinced once we reviewed examples of previous work and their proposal that hit our needs exactly.

The process began with discovery interviews with both our CEO and myself. They immediately “got us” and got excited about our company, and this was quickly proven in the initial products that demonstrated incredible fidelity to the values we emphasized. Through an efficient, iterative process, C42D delivered a new logo, tag line, brand guidelines, and website.

We worked with their president, project manager, and multiple creative teammates.

We have quickly received substantial positive feedback.

Communication was efficient and effective. They were always quickly responsive and respectful of our time.

I was most impressed with how quickly they “got us.” They were able to translate their understanding of our company both visually and in written content.

There were a few glitches in their management of a subcontractor, but we are overall extremely pleased.

Branding for a Beauty Search Engine

"We love what C42D did for our new brand."

June - Sept. 2019

C42D completed an entire branding cycle for a beauty search engine to craft a memorable brand for consumers. The team designed a logo, strategized messaging, and created a variety of collateral.

Jay Hack
CEO, Mira

Internal feedback on C42D’s branding work has been extremely positive. Along with their design and branding expertise, their responsiveness was top-notch. Their communicative team is committed to their clients. Customers can expect a personal touch when working with their team.

I’m the CEO of Mira, a search engine for beauty. We try and power the consumer journey towards the purchase of cosmetic products through providing cosmetic recommendations, creating content, and having an extensive online catalog of cosmetics supplies.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

Before hiring C42D, we hadn’t gone through a full branding cycle. Our challenge for them was to help us forge a brand that resonates with our consumers and allows us to communicate our value proposition better. We want our company to be memorable and relatable, so consumers keep coming back.

We asked C42D to do a full branding cycle for us that consisted of a logo design, UI kit, a set of brand guidelines, brand messaging, and brand voice. In the beginning, we had them work on a three-month cycle where they looked at our products, consumers, and marketing channels. Through that, they put together a set of brand promotion tools with a style guide, social media deck, and general messaging.

In total, we worked with six people. We engaged with David (Founder & CEO, C42D), a product manager, and two or three designers.

How did you come to work with C42D?

We initially found them because of their great SEO. Our team contacted other creative firms to look for our perfect branding match. We found that other firms were qualified, but had more of a background in physical branding and not digital. We felt that our system needed to have a specific brand.

C42D had completed a bunch of products in our space and focus, which we liked. We also enjoyed their pitch because of how they described their perspective on branding. They seemed to understand our base and vision truly.

We’ve invested around $50,000.

Our engagement started in June 2019, and we wrapped up this past month.

We love what C42D did for our new brand. I think it’s performing well. We didn’t collect any polling data to see if consumers preferred this brand over another. It’s hard to measure what the impact has been or if the brand resonates with our customers.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

We had no problems in this area. The process was very swift, and their team was always quick to get back to us. They were happy to work with our tools, so we used Slack for communication. Their team also did an excellent job of managing all of the work using Basecamp.

We haven’t worked with other firms, so it’s tough to say what defines C42D against others. There was a very personal touch that we had with them. David and one of their designers flew out from New York to San Francisco for a kickoff meeting. Throughout the process, they made sure communication was a priority. Anytime I wanted to chat, I was able to hop on the phone to discuss my thoughts.

Looking back, this might’ve been an artifact of our processes, but we found that halfway through big meetings once every week or two weeks worked best for us. We found that presenting sets of deliverables at big meetings and having small communication through Slack worked better. If I were to do this process over again, I would propose tight iteration cycles throughout.

Work with C42D. They’re awesome. We highly recommend them.

Branding Strategy for a Tech StartUp

"We’re as happy as we can be with C42D’s work."

Jan.- Jun. 2019

C42D assisted with the overall branding of a small tech startup. The team created a logo, name, and website for the company. A phase two is in the works.

New York
Mendy Holtzberg
Founder, Repli

Internal feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and the company is confident the public response will be as well. C42D’s team is creative and professional. Their communication style is a highlight. Expect a skilled team that brings ideas to life.

I’m the founder & CEO of Repli, a small startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We had an idea for our business for a long time. When I reached out to David (Founder & CEO, C42D), we worked together to change our whole approach and giving him the ability to recreate the brand from scratch. The engagement involved branding and creating the website.

C42D interviewed me a few times to get an understanding of my goals and business plan. I wanted to give them a bit of information, but not a ton. Coming from the industry I’m in, I have a concrete understanding, but didn’t want to influence their team. I was looking for an outside point of view to guide the process.

Once their team had a good understanding of my business plan, they started creating the storyline of the brand, which included the actual branding and naming. We saw various name suggestions, logo ideas, and other options. Once we established those elements, their team started designing the actual website based on those.

David was my main point of contact, but throughout the process, I worked with three other team members. Towards the end of the project, others came on that were involved in the production side.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I worked with David on a project at my previous job.

We roughly spent around $25,000.

Our engagement with C42D lasted from January–June 2019. We’re wrapped until phase two begins.

We’re not in business yet and haven’t taken the concept into the public space, but I’m pretty confident that it will be a good result. David push me at times to make things happen, which I appreciated. We’re as happy as we can be with C42D’s work.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

I haven’t worked with too many vendors, but what I liked the most about C42D, besides the fact that they were creative and professional, was their communication. I’ve dealt with project managers where three weeks would pass, and I wouldn’t hear anything.

With C42D would email me twice a week with updates before I had the chance to reach out. They would preview what we’re going to talk about during the week. I never felt that their team put my project on the backburner to deal with their other clients. A lot of other vendors overlook that. When a company is starting up and paying money, there’s a lot of anxiety involved. C42D took care of everything, lessening any stress.

We mainly communicated through email. We did have calls for meetings. After each meeting, we would receive an email on what needs to be reviewed before finalizing the work through another phone call. In the beginning, we went to their office once or twice to meet the team, and for them to get to know us and our communication style.

C42D took the dream I had in mind, making the brand a reality. I did my homework prior to engaging with them and found that they had a strong understanding of the B2B market. Specifically, their team had experience bringing the B2C element that exists into their process of helping B2B services.

No, it does pay to get the goods. Nothing is free. Overall, I’m happy with C42D.

I highly recommend going with them. I’m a happy customer that hopes to be their most successful unicorn.

Overall Score I wish there were something I could complain about.
    I got pretty good value.
    I’m very likely to refer them unless they’re competitors. I don’t want to help them.

E-Learning Platform Design for Communication Group

"This level of buy-in isn’t always present in other creative shops."

Jan. - July 2018

C42D designed an e-learning platform and made it compatible with different devices. They handled everything from idea conception to final implementation and delivered several logo designs.

Laura Tessinari
EVP, Interpublic Group, Constituency Management Group

Users reacted well to the platform, praising its intuitive layout and engaging design. Involved and motivated, C42D was decisive and ensured the proper expertise was always available. Their ability to foster creativity without sacrificing organization or productivity is noteworthy.

I’m an EVP at Interpublic Group (a group of companies) at the Constituency Management Group. We’re a global communications agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire C42D?

I've worked with David's (CEO and Founder, C42D) company for over 10 years on numerous projects. One of the largest we collaborated on recently was the design of global learning management system, which is used by all of our agencies.

We were aiming to enhance our employees overall learning process and experience by making it accessible 24/7, on any device. Specifically, we were looking for a more customized learning experience that curated content and provided training suggestions. All the initiatives had to align with the learner’s development goals, job skills, and interests.

I’d worked with them on multiple projects and was confident they could deliver a design that would drive user engagement.

They took care of everything, from designing the platform’s overall look and feel to choosing images for 40+ learning objects. Additionally, they designed new logos for each of our agencies’ learning sites.

We worked with two key creative directors/designers throughout the process, as well as with a technology guru who wrote code and dove into the nitty-gritty tech side. We also worked closely with a project manager. They were exceptional at keeping us on track regarding deadlines.

Interviews and online surveys with people across global regions showed overwhelming support for the new system. People thought the platform was creative, engaging, and easy to use. C42D’s attention to small details built a powerful learning engagement engine.

Our workflow was highly collaborative and respectful. Everyone on their team was aware of their different skill-sets, so ego never got in the way. Tasks were delegated to whoever was an expert in that area, and that person was trusted to deliver a positive outcome. Seeing how invested everyone was gave me powerful peace of mind.

While their creative insights and design direction are unique and outstanding, their commitment is what truly sets them apart. They go above and beyond what is necessary to follow along with you every step of the way. I feel as if I’m a part of a large, collaborative group where everyone is equally passionate about the outcome. This level of buy-in isn’t always present in other creative shops.

Personally, David is great to work with. He’s hands-on and takes a leading role in setting design direction. That being said, he also has exceptionally creative and strategic people on his teams that can lead projects and make vital decisions at any given time.

The project was such a success that it's hard to think of areas for improvement.

Their project manager is exceptional at following up on every last detail.
    Given the scope and depth of our project, the cost was more than fair.
    It was great.
    I've recommended C42D to my colleagues for years and will continue to do so!

Logo and Brand Dev for Art Gallery and Platform

"They understood our market intuitively and backed it up with extensive user demographic research."

July - Sept. 2018

C42D performed market research to identify audience profiles and develop beneficial messaging. They also used the data they gathered to design two logos options.

CEO, Art Gallery and Valuation Platform

The public has responded overwhelmingly positively to the chosen logo. C42D provided consistent communication and was open to feedback. Their well-planned research produced insights into audience demographics that proved exceedingly accurate and useful.

I’m the CEO of an art gallery and software platform. We are a blockchain-based valuation platform that allows art collectors to understand the true value of the artwork they collect in real-time. They can also determine their pieces’ value on the secondary market without hiring a third-party appraiser.

For what projects/services did your company hire C42D?

We hired them to design our logo, brand identity, company culture, and message, pretty much everything an early-stage startup needs to present themselves to the world.

We wanted to understand our message and how we could best communicate that online to the public and the media. We also wanted an awesome brand logo.

I researched several reviews websites, and C42D was one of the top ones. We then connected with them over email and phone.

They started by researching our market to learn about our buyers demographically, geographically, and economically. Their process was thorough, and they walked us through how to establish trust with these markets. We were given a choice of two different brand logos that they presented to us. Even though the project is done, they’ll still answer clarifying questions over email.

I worked with a three-person team from their side.

People absolutely love our logo. They go crazy over it without even knowing what we do.

Our initial meeting was face to face, and after that, we communicated via email. They were extremely quick in replying to our questions and feedback.

No, not that saw.

Overall Score Their customer service has been incredible and they understand the art market better than any vendor I've worked with.
    It was very easy.
    We are very happy with all of the materials they provided us with.
    I'm very likely to recommend them.

Rebranding for Analytics Software Company

“I’ve been through this process with a few other vendors, and C42D stands out for their flexibility and agility.”

Jan. - Dec. 2018

C42D assisted the rebranding efforts of a software company. A large percentage of this initiative included website redevelopment from scratch within an agile, iterative process.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
CEO, Analytics Software Company

Daily web inquiries increased tenfold. C42D created a site that is navigable and easy to use with understandable content. They managed the project well and were always quick to adapt. They are strong designers and finished everything on time.

We're a software company that builds workforce analytics software. I’m the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We started a rebranding effort. Our image was about four years old and a little stale. We also needed a new website to go with our new brand identity.

We started with a few kickoff sessions to discuss our market, our dynamics, and our unique value proposition. We met in person and over the phone to discuss the messaging, look, and feel of the new site. We discussed the sections we had in mind, and the kind of users we attract. They provided storyboards, PDFs, and wireframes, with colors, logos, and alternative looks. We narrowed down what we wanted through an iterative process, then moved into the development phase.

The whole process was iterative and agile. They took all the content and created our site. They were good partners, especially as we changed our minds a few times throughout the process. When we were happy with a version one product, we went live.

I mostly worked with a team of three people on their side.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I've known their CEO for a long time, so there's an element of trust there. I'd worked with larger firms, but I found that the work didn’t align with the cost. I wanted to partner with a smaller, more agile firm, where I could work directly with the leadership. I didn’t want a cookie cutter approach, and I liked their fresh viewpoint.

We spent around $50,000.

Work started around January or February 2018. There were a lot of stages, but we launched the first version in September 2018 and an update in December.

We get significantly more web leads than we used to. Daily inquiries for product demos, newsletters, and other services are up from about two to over 20. The navigation, ease of use, understandable content, and site optimization all contribute to those increases.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

I was pleasantly surprised by how well they managed the project. We had weekly cadences, which became daily events as we got closer to launch. We used tools for bug tracking, and everything went really well.

I’ve been through this process with a few other vendors, and C42D stands out for their flexibility and agility. It was easy to change direction or ideas, and they were always open to our modifications. They were quick to adapt, and there were no protracted deliverable cycles. They finished everything within a relatively short period of time.

They could make further investments in the technical side of the business. Their design, messaging, and branding are all very strong, and improvements to their technical team would take their business to the next level.

Overall Score A few small improvements would have made me give this project a perfect score.
    Tracking was very good and the initial deliverables were always on time.
    Colleagues are shocked by how little we paid for the quality we received.
    Slight breakdowns in calibration caused small delays, but there were no major issues.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Gold