We brand unicorns.

Gold

C42D is the leading branding agency for startups and innovators.

We collaborate with early stage, mid-market, and technology firms to create unforgettable, stand-out brands that engage customers, build audiences, and increase sales.

It’s our mission to launch companies who are solving impossible problems, inventing the future, or improving the lives of everyone on the planet. A lofty goal, for sure, but it all starts with a single step, and perhaps you’ll join us for this journey.

New York, NY
  • 315 W 36th Street
    New York, NY 10018

YouTube, Shazam, Ogilvy, Reebok, Foundation Capital, The Corcoran Group, Adidas, Google

Kindbody

Kindbody came to us needing to get out of the gate fast with a planned NYC launch only months away. The challenge was to strategize, develop and bring to life the brand story and identity, and launch the brand and website in short order.

Shazam for Brands

Our task was to audit all sales tools, collaborate with the Shazam team to refine and evolve the story, create key visuals and a design system, and finally bring it all together with a comprehensive brand guide, presentation templates and a presentation usage guide.

Foundation Capital Website Design & Development

We created a contemporary architecture and user experience design that is consistent with the startup and VC landscape today. We deployed an intuitive and user-friendly CMS that the marketing team uses with ease to update content and manage leads. We created an improved UX that reflected the progressive and contemporary nature of the Foundation brand and implemented a platform for announcements and lead capture, enabling

Foundation to maintain ongoing engagement with its followers.

Winq mobile app branding & UI/UX

In anticipation of its launch in the app store, Winq came to us to develop their brand identity and visual expression, and extend the work to the mobile app interface. We created a unique, expressive brand identity and mobile experience that was a clean and simple reflection of the elegance of the Winq mobile app.

YouTube Calendar

With many initiatives pending for the new year, YouTube needed a simple, engaging way to keep its brand top-of-mind with the planning community. We created a one-of-a-kind, physically interactive, dimensional calendar specifically for media planners and strategists—perfect for one of the original unicorns. And this was no any ordinary calendar. It was custom-crafted from a solid birch wood base carved with YouTube branding

and holding twelve double-sided letterpress calendar cards.

Cuebiq Brand Relaunch

Cuebiq, a global leader in mobility and geospatial analysis, helps marketers answer their most pressing targeting and measurement questions via the industry’s most comprehensive understanding of the offline consumer journey.

Cuebiq needed to evolve its brand position, visual identity, and web presence to embrace its role as market leader, while still reflecting the values and direction of the brand. &nbsp

;

We evolved Cuebiq’s current mark to be unique, ownable, and anchored in its core brand attributes. The resulting logotype uses a custom typeface to animate Cuebiq’s positivity and humanity. We extended that work into a new brand identity system and a rebuilt website experience.

View the full case study here.

Corcoran Group Brand Campaign & Website

We partnered with The Corcoran Group to create a direct response campaign targeting people who want to buy or rent a second home in The Hamptons.

We built a strategy that tapped into the emotional side of the business, by telling the stories of real people who escape NYC to the tranquility of their second homes.

We brought the stories of authentic people who live this lifestyle to life

through a one-word action headline and photography that captures the unique emotion each person finds in the Hamptons. Under a tight timeline, we executed the campaign through a variety of channels: Print ads, videos, digital ads, social media content and a responsve microsite.

The result brought emotion and humanity to the Corcoran Group’s brand. Click-through rates exceeded the industry average by over 700%.  View the full case study here.

Foundation Capital Corporate Identity Rebranding

One of Silicon Valley’s leading VC firms needed to update its branding to reflect it’s decades of unprecedented success. Foundation Capital needed an image that reflected its success, values, and its spectacular new Menlo Park headquarters.

The brand’s final logotype is one of the brand’s most recognizable assets and is rooted in the collaborative nature of its work. We created a comprehensive identity system that can

flex to meet the needs of all brand touchpoints.

The entire project culminated in a successful relaunch of the Foundation Capital brand. Foundation remains one of the leading venture capital firm in the Valley, and we’re proud to have had a role in shaping the identity of one of the best.

Read the full case study here

Branding Strategy for a Tech StartUp

"We’re as happy as we can be with C42D’s work."

Jan.- Jun. 2019

C42D assisted with the overall branding of a small tech startup. The team created a logo, name, and website for the company. A phase two is in the works.

New York
Mendy Holtzberg
Founder, Repli

Internal feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and the company is confident the public response will be as well. C42D’s team is creative and professional. Their communication style is a highlight. Expect a skilled team that brings ideas to life.

I’m the founder & CEO of Repli, a small startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We had an idea for our business for a long time. When I reached out to David (Founder & CEO, C42D), we worked together to change our whole approach and giving him the ability to recreate the brand from scratch. The engagement involved branding and creating the website.

C42D interviewed me a few times to get an understanding of my goals and business plan. I wanted to give them a bit of information, but not a ton. Coming from the industry I’m in, I have a concrete understanding, but didn’t want to influence their team. I was looking for an outside point of view to guide the process.

Once their team had a good understanding of my business plan, they started creating the storyline of the brand, which included the actual branding and naming. We saw various name suggestions, logo ideas, and other options. Once we established those elements, their team started designing the actual website based on those.

David was my main point of contact, but throughout the process, I worked with three other team members. Towards the end of the project, others came on that were involved in the production side.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I worked with David on a project at my previous job.

We roughly spent around $25,000.

Our engagement with C42D lasted from January–June 2019. We’re wrapped until phase two begins.

We’re not in business yet and haven’t taken the concept into the public space, but I’m pretty confident that it will be a good result. David push me at times to make things happen, which I appreciated. We’re as happy as we can be with C42D’s work.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

I haven’t worked with too many vendors, but what I liked the most about C42D, besides the fact that they were creative and professional, was their communication. I’ve dealt with project managers where three weeks would pass, and I wouldn’t hear anything.

With C42D would email me twice a week with updates before I had the chance to reach out. They would preview what we’re going to talk about during the week. I never felt that their team put my project on the backburner to deal with their other clients. A lot of other vendors overlook that. When a company is starting up and paying money, there’s a lot of anxiety involved. C42D took care of everything, lessening any stress.

We mainly communicated through email. We did have calls for meetings. After each meeting, we would receive an email on what needs to be reviewed before finalizing the work through another phone call. In the beginning, we went to their office once or twice to meet the team, and for them to get to know us and our communication style.

C42D took the dream I had in mind, making the brand a reality. I did my homework prior to engaging with them and found that they had a strong understanding of the B2B market. Specifically, their team had experience bringing the B2C element that exists into their process of helping B2B services.

No, it does pay to get the goods. Nothing is free. Overall, I’m happy with C42D.

I highly recommend going with them. I’m a happy customer that hopes to be their most successful unicorn.

Overall Score I wish there were something I could complain about.
    I got pretty good value.
    I’m very likely to refer them unless they’re competitors. I don’t want to help them.

E-Learning Platform Design for Communication Group

"This level of buy-in isn’t always present in other creative shops."

Jan. - July 2018

C42D designed an e-learning platform and made it compatible with different devices. They handled everything from idea conception to final implementation and delivered several logo designs.

Laura Tessinari
EVP, Interpublic Group, Constituency Management Group

Users reacted well to the platform, praising its intuitive layout and engaging design. Involved and motivated, C42D was decisive and ensured the proper expertise was always available. Their ability to foster creativity without sacrificing organization or productivity is noteworthy.

I’m an EVP at Interpublic Group (a group of companies) at the Constituency Management Group. We’re a global communications agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire C42D?

I've worked with David's (CEO and Founder, C42D) company for over 10 years on numerous projects. One of the largest we collaborated on recently was the design of global learning management system, which is used by all of our agencies.

We were aiming to enhance our employees overall learning process and experience by making it accessible 24/7, on any device. Specifically, we were looking for a more customized learning experience that curated content and provided training suggestions. All the initiatives had to align with the learner’s development goals, job skills, and interests.

I’d worked with them on multiple projects and was confident they could deliver a design that would drive user engagement.

They took care of everything, from designing the platform’s overall look and feel to choosing images for 40+ learning objects. Additionally, they designed new logos for each of our agencies’ learning sites.

We worked with two key creative directors/designers throughout the process, as well as with a technology guru who wrote code and dove into the nitty-gritty tech side. We also worked closely with a project manager. They were exceptional at keeping us on track regarding deadlines.

Interviews and online surveys with people across global regions showed overwhelming support for the new system. People thought the platform was creative, engaging, and easy to use. C42D’s attention to small details built a powerful learning engagement engine.

Our workflow was highly collaborative and respectful. Everyone on their team was aware of their different skill-sets, so ego never got in the way. Tasks were delegated to whoever was an expert in that area, and that person was trusted to deliver a positive outcome. Seeing how invested everyone was gave me powerful peace of mind.

While their creative insights and design direction are unique and outstanding, their commitment is what truly sets them apart. They go above and beyond what is necessary to follow along with you every step of the way. I feel as if I’m a part of a large, collaborative group where everyone is equally passionate about the outcome. This level of buy-in isn’t always present in other creative shops.

Personally, David is great to work with. He’s hands-on and takes a leading role in setting design direction. That being said, he also has exceptionally creative and strategic people on his teams that can lead projects and make vital decisions at any given time.

The project was such a success that it's hard to think of areas for improvement.

Their project manager is exceptional at following up on every last detail.
    Given the scope and depth of our project, the cost was more than fair.
    It was great.
    I've recommended C42D to my colleagues for years and will continue to do so!

Logo and Brand Dev for Art Gallery and Platform

"They understood our market intuitively and backed it up with extensive user demographic research."

July - Sept. 2018

C42D performed market research to identify audience profiles and develop beneficial messaging. They also used the data they gathered to design two logos options.

CEO, Art Gallery and Valuation Platform

The public has responded overwhelmingly positively to the chosen logo. C42D provided consistent communication and was open to feedback. Their well-planned research produced insights into audience demographics that proved exceedingly accurate and useful.

I’m the CEO of an art gallery and software platform. We are a blockchain-based valuation platform that allows art collectors to understand the true value of the artwork they collect in real-time. They can also determine their pieces’ value on the secondary market without hiring a third-party appraiser.

For what projects/services did your company hire C42D?

We hired them to design our logo, brand identity, company culture, and message, pretty much everything an early-stage startup needs to present themselves to the world.

We wanted to understand our message and how we could best communicate that online to the public and the media. We also wanted an awesome brand logo.

I researched several reviews websites, and C42D was one of the top ones. We then connected with them over email and phone.

They started by researching our market to learn about our buyers demographically, geographically, and economically. Their process was thorough, and they walked us through how to establish trust with these markets. We were given a choice of two different brand logos that they presented to us. Even though the project is done, they’ll still answer clarifying questions over email.

I worked with a three-person team from their side.

People absolutely love our logo. They go crazy over it without even knowing what we do.

Our initial meeting was face to face, and after that, we communicated via email. They were extremely quick in replying to our questions and feedback.

No, not that saw.

Overall Score Their customer service has been incredible and they understand the art market better than any vendor I've worked with.
    It was very easy.
    We are very happy with all of the materials they provided us with.
    I'm very likely to recommend them.

Rebranding for Analytics Software Company

“I’ve been through this process with a few other vendors, and C42D stands out for their flexibility and agility.”

Jan. - Dec. 2018

C42D assisted the rebranding efforts of a software company. A large percentage of this initiative included website redevelopment from scratch within an agile, iterative process.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
CEO, Analytics Software Company

Daily web inquiries increased tenfold. C42D created a site that is navigable and easy to use with understandable content. They managed the project well and were always quick to adapt. They are strong designers and finished everything on time.

We're a software company that builds workforce analytics software. I’m the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We started a rebranding effort. Our image was about four years old and a little stale. We also needed a new website to go with our new brand identity.

We started with a few kickoff sessions to discuss our market, our dynamics, and our unique value proposition. We met in person and over the phone to discuss the messaging, look, and feel of the new site. We discussed the sections we had in mind, and the kind of users we attract. They provided storyboards, PDFs, and wireframes, with colors, logos, and alternative looks. We narrowed down what we wanted through an iterative process, then moved into the development phase.

The whole process was iterative and agile. They took all the content and created our site. They were good partners, especially as we changed our minds a few times throughout the process. When we were happy with a version one product, we went live.

I mostly worked with a team of three people on their side.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I've known their CEO for a long time, so there's an element of trust there. I'd worked with larger firms, but I found that the work didn’t align with the cost. I wanted to partner with a smaller, more agile firm, where I could work directly with the leadership. I didn’t want a cookie cutter approach, and I liked their fresh viewpoint.

We spent around $50,000.

Work started around January or February 2018. There were a lot of stages, but we launched the first version in September 2018 and an update in December.

We get significantly more web leads than we used to. Daily inquiries for product demos, newsletters, and other services are up from about two to over 20. The navigation, ease of use, understandable content, and site optimization all contribute to those increases.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

I was pleasantly surprised by how well they managed the project. We had weekly cadences, which became daily events as we got closer to launch. We used tools for bug tracking, and everything went really well.

I’ve been through this process with a few other vendors, and C42D stands out for their flexibility and agility. It was easy to change direction or ideas, and they were always open to our modifications. They were quick to adapt, and there were no protracted deliverable cycles. They finished everything within a relatively short period of time.

They could make further investments in the technical side of the business. Their design, messaging, and branding are all very strong, and improvements to their technical team would take their business to the next level.

Overall Score A few small improvements would have made me give this project a perfect score.
    Tracking was very good and the initial deliverables were always on time.
    Colleagues are shocked by how little we paid for the quality we received.
    Slight breakdowns in calibration caused small delays, but there were no major issues.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Rebranding for Data Collection & Processing Company

"They espoused solid work ethics and promoted a truly collaborative environment."

Aug. - Dec. 2018

C42D completed a brand redesign. The team expanded the brand identity to include goal and business culture guidelines.

Saudi Arabia
Bodoor Reda Alhaddad
Marketing Coordinator, FalconViz

The new branding is comprehensive, authentic, aligned with company values and goals. C42D prioritized customer satisfaction, working beyond the established scope to deliver a design that exceeded expectations. Undeterred by a substantial time difference, they maintained seamless communication.

I am the marketing coordinator at FalconViz, an innovative data collection, processing, and visualization company from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia. Working with clients around the world, we effectively address surveying and mapping needs using drone-based solutions.

For what projects/services did your company hire C42D?

We have a global base of high-end clients and needed a new brand that reflected our expertise and cutting-edge technology. We turned to C42D to refresh our brand and expand our marketing opportunities.

The goal was to create a stronger, more professional brand to reach a more sophisticated audience. All we had before was a logo, so we also needed to build a brand guideline from scratch that would provide our employees with the meaning, direction, and culture our company embraces.

Our general manager found them while searching for branding agencies that specialized in startups and unique businesses.  C42D had an impressive portfolio of taking startups to the next level with the look and feel of a big company.

After their CEO met with our general manager in New York City, the team sent us a detailed scope of work. Then, via Skype, they conducted an initial discovery session to gain a better understanding of our current business operations and shortfalls. The first three branding options they sent us were not unique enough for our needs, so they sent three more, going above and beyond the agreed upon scope to meet our needs. We finally saw the branding we all liked and fell in love with it. C42D then continued work on more elements of the design and the brand guidelines.

We worked directly with the CEO and the project manager.

We have more than just a logo now; we have a phenomenal new brand and a full identity capable of competing on the international stage. Our new image and tone are compelling and effective for both internal and external audiences.

The workflow was very effective. Responsive to both calls and emails, their communication was very clear and easy despite the significant time difference. They follow a clear process for deadlines and we received most of the work on time.

They espoused solid work ethics and promoted a truly collaborative environment. Not only did they appreciate and receive all of our ideas with enthusiasm, but they were committed to delivering a product we genuinely liked and approved of.

There are none that come to mind.

Web Design for Fertility Platform

“We enjoyed the whole process and they executed everything within very tight timelines.”

Mar. - June 2017

C42D did design work for the website and brand identity of a fertility platform. They created an eye-catching site and provided template options for future expansion.

Director of Marketing, Fertility Platform

The launch was very successful, with over 15,000 site visitors to date. C42D was highly collaborative and finished the project quickly. They offered useful suggestions for design and verbiage and the site receives positive feedback.

We are a fertility platform with a network of clinics that offer egg freezing and in vitro fertilization services. We are taking a brand-forward approach to target millennials in an upbeat, positive way. I am the director of marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We wanted to create a website that was splashy and exciting to capture our brand essence and represent us well.

They mostly did design work for a WordPress site. They customized the site and gave us options for templates to use for future pages. They finished the project quickly and we’re currently exploring the possibility of building an in-house product and tech team.

I worked with David (Founder/CEO, C42D) and Charley (Creative Director, C42D).

How did you come to work with C42D?

Our company used them to create the initial brand identity of the company. They did a great job with the design of our brand, so we stuck with them for the website.

We spent about $50,000.

We started working together in March or April 2017 and they completed the project by June 2017.

We’ve had a lot of success with the launch, which is partially thanks to their work. We’ve had about 15,000 visitors since the site went live. Everyone we speak to has very positive things to say about our branding and the look of our website.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed the project well and finished everything quickly. We didn’t have a dedicated project manager, so a couple items were missed in the process, but they were very fast.

I really enjoyed working closely with Charley on the design side. He’s very collaborative and has a lot of good ideas. We led the process, but he was very good at offering suggestions for both the look and the wording and phrasing of the text we added. We enjoyed the whole process and they executed everything within very tight timelines.

There were times that they didn’t stick to the timeline. They were quick, but we noticed that some things were missed along the way and we needed to go back to finish them. More project management and project tracking throughout the process would have avoided that.

Web Dev & Logo Design for Third-Party Administrator

"Our clients think the new website looks good and really professional."

May 2017 - May 2018

C42D helped redesign a website to boost overall functionality and design, with the primary new feature being online payment capability for clients' fringe benefits. They also redesigned a logo.

Kenneth Cook
President, Daniel H. Cook & Associates

Client feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. The C42D team corrected problems quickly and responded equally as promptly to other concerns. Their responsiveness and easy-going nature justified the investment and made them a valuable partner.

I'm the president of Daniel H. Cook & Associates. For over 40 years, we’ve served as third-party administrator to multiple labor unions. We provide record keeping as well as pension, welfare, and annuity funds.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We needed help creating a new website. Our old site was old and worn, and we wanted something modern and sleek for our clients.

They led the frontend redesign of the site, and the integration with our existing backend. The main feature is that we take in millions of dollars a week through the website for fringe benefits for our clients. It was very important that they create a seamless transition to the new site. C42D had to match what we had on the backend, and make it simple and secure for our clients. In addition to the website, they also redesigned our logo.

I primarily worked with their CEO. Other people on my team worked with their copywriter. We also worked with their design team on the new logo.

How did you come to work with C42D?

They were recommended to us by someone we're using for another project. We thought that they’d be a good fit because of their size and ability to provide personalized attention.

I think we spent around $40,000.

We worked together from May 2017–May 2018.

The website went live on May 1, 2018. We don’t have a lot of metrics on its performance yet, but it has been well-received. Our clients think the new website looks good and really professional. The new logo really makes us stand out. We’re already using it on business cards, signage, and all our marketing materials. It really pops. The combination of the new logo and website has really helped people notice our changes.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team performed well. They set timelines, which at first we didn’t meet because of internal issues. We hired a project manager on our side to help us meet all the tasks. We were a tough client at times, but they did a great job at pushing us when needed.

They're very easy to work with. They worked quickly whenever we wanted to make changes. If we were unhappy with the copywriter, they had someone else take a look at the text. They understood our needs. They never hesitated to help us out.

They were usually waiting on us for content and feedback.
    They’re very similar in price to other firms we looked at.
    We're happy with their work.
    I've already recommended them.

Brand Messaging & Template Design for Music Recognition App

“The updated design that C42D created makes the service feel clean and refreshed.”

Oct. 2017 - Apr. 2018

To align with a shift in messaging, C42D designed and created a core deck, set of templates for case studies and presentations, compiled an asset library with updated imagery and icons, and provided a user guide for implementation.

Alexis Rodriguez
Head of Global Marketing Solutions, Shazam

Despite some delays throughout the project, the final deliverables met or exceeded all expectations. The user guide has been instrumental in facilitating the transition to a new core story. C42D’s leadership team was very involved and attentive throughout the project.

I’m the head of global marketing solutions at Shazam Media. We’re a music recognition app that launched in 2000. I oversee partnership marketing, B2B marketing, creative services, and integrated marketing efforts. Integrated marketing refers to marketing for advertisers that purchase media within the app.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

In 2018, we were looking to revamp our core story. This includes how we present our company and our capabilities, the decks that we pitch to advertisers, and our overall messaging across marketing efforts.

We drove the updates to messaging on our end while C42D revamped the design of our core story materials accordingly. They created new templates for marketing materials including case studies and PowerPoint presentations, which can now be easily populated by our sales team. They also provided a user guide that outlines how to most effectively leverage the templates in customizing them for specific goals or presentations. Lastly, they compiled an asset library with various imagery and icons that align with the updated look and feel.

I primarily worked with Dave (Founder & CEO, C42D) and Charley (Creative Director, C42D).

How did you come to work with C42D?

Dave met our CRO at some point, who then passed on his information to me. I knew that our core story update was a priority going into 2018, so I had them come into our office. We interviewed several other large firms, but the C42D team seemed to understand our goals more quickly than others. We really appreciated C42D’s experience in creating accessible templates and user guidelines. After meeting them, we felt confident that they were capable of taking on this project.

The final price was about $60,000.

The engagement started in October 2017, and we finished the project just a few weeks ago in April 2018.

We’re currently in the process of walking our staff through the updated core story, and everyone seems to love it. The updated imagery that C42D created makes the service feel clean and refreshed.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

Charley was very attentive throughout the project. They originally set out a timeline that seemed aggressive, especially through the holidays. There were some delays on both sides, including a setback on our end due to changes on the business side. However, they leveraged the extra time and we’re very happy with the final deliverables.

Dave and Charley gave us very personalized attention throughout the project. Charley was very effective in focusing on the bigger picture and ensuring that all aspects of the project worked towards our overarching goals. Overall, it was delightful working with them.

Their timelines could have been slightly more efficient. There were several delays around review meetings.

They do very high-quality work, despite some delays.

Rebranding for Medical & Pharmacy Benefits Health Plan

“Everyone at C42D took the time to understand our business, resulting in accurate and impressive work.”

Apr. 2017 - Mar. 2018

C42D completed a rebranding campaign that included market research, interviews, and content creation. Their findings were integrated into a website that will be released soon.

Michael Pastor
Founder, CGS Health

C42D is responsive and competent, putting in the due diligence to create a well-informed brand identity. The team consists of experts in numerous fields, such as copywriting and web design. Their work consistently met or exceeded expectations.

I’m the founder and vice president of business development for CGS Health, a group health plan. We’re a middle market provider of medical and pharmacy benefits to employer-sponsored health plans. I’m in charge of strategy and sales and marketing activities.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

Historically, we were a legacy administrator that provided and administered benefits for group health plans. The Affordable Care Act changed how to administer those plans in the healthcare marketplace, so we needed to recast ourselves as a consumer-directed health plan.

C42D first did a discovery phase to better understand our business, core values, and mission. They interviewed various employees in our organization (from sales to senior management), clients, and the insurance carriers we work with. C42D wanted to know how we were viewed in the marketplace and what sort of ecosystem we worked in.

They used all that information to create digital and print messaging for our company. C42D worked on brand identification that encompassed our mission and values. The frontend was quite intensive, but it had great results.

We mainly worked with the founder and CEO of C42D.

How did you come to work with C42D?

C42D was referred to us. We interviewed a few of the agencies that were recommended to find one that fit our company culture. We chose C42D because we felt they could best help us achieve our goals.

We spent around $100,000.

We partnered in March 2017, and the site will launch next month.

C42D has set the foundation for us to use both original and curated content on our site. We should have better statistics in the next six months, once the site has been up for a while.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re highly organized and maintained contact with our team on a weekly basis. They used Basecamp for project management, which helped keep us on track. Whenever we needed an expert, they had them, whether it was copyediting, site design, wire framing, etc.

Everyone at C42D took the time to understand our business, resulting in accurate and impressive work. Their hard work showed in the products they ultimately created.

I can't think of anything; we're very pleased with them.

Overall Score We had a great experience together.
    If they didn't meet a deadline or deliverable, it was usually due to us.
    They're a fair price. We were both happy with the fees and the quality of the product.
    They exceeded our expectations.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Brand Development for Active Lifestyle Brand

"They have a talented staff of seasoned creatives."

Dec. 2016 - Apr. 2017

C42D provided brand development services to a third party client, working on a style guide, key brand elements, and the brand’s tone and imagery.

Owner, Branding & Creative Studio

The project was extremely successful, bringing in the desired results and moving the brand forward. The team handled the scope expertly and professionally, communicating effectively and coming up with creative solutions.

I’m the owner of a brand development design agency. We build our teams based on the industry concerned and the budget. We don’t have a conventional staff. We bring in experts that are seasoned in that particular field, industry, or type of project.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

The client was an active lifestyle brand startup producing leather shoes, with links to Brazil and New York. The challenge was to tell that story and create the value proposition.

Their scope of work was to develop a brand style guide, an investor deck, and brand elements for a website—brand guidelines, positioning, and key visuals. We had a discovery phase where we got a download of the client’s needs. We really looked at the industry as a whole, the competitors, the target audience, and what makes their footwear unique. From that discovery phase came the positioning statement, which guided our design decisions. They went on to develop the style guide and created the voice and tone of the imagery. They also did a photo shoot in Brazil.

I worked mostly with Charley [Creative Director, C42D]. I worked with David [Founder & CEO, C42D] and all of the project management was with Christa [Project Manager, C42D].

How did you come to work with C42D?

I’ve known the founder for many years so knew we would work well together. We both started our agencies around the same time. I know that I can count on them, and am able to give them minimal direction and let them run with the project. I know I’m always going to get really good results. They had a lot of experience in the footwear space because of the work they’d done with other large brands.

$30,000–$50,000.

We worked together from December 2016 until April 2017.

The project was funded immediately after due to the brand development work.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

It went very well. There was great communication between us and the project manager, Christa. They often successfully met deadlines.

They’re easy to work with. They have a talented staff of seasoned creatives. They always come up with great solutions to design problems.

No. Everything went smoothly.

Not everything hits the deadline because variables may change. You can’t control whether the client approves something right away.
    It’s good. Nobody likes to pay a premium, but you get what you pay for.
    The work always comes packaged with all files included. I don’t have to go back and ask for something. It’s well thought out.

Gold