Web and Mobile Development Company

Bytes Technolab is a leading India-based web and mobile applications solution specialist. At Bytes Technolab, we provide end-to-end IT services for web, mobile, and cloud computing. With a small but talented team of engineers and highly experienced managers, we are committed to delivering top-notch solutions to our clients.

Bytes Technolab's skilled team provides not only IT development services but also acts as a business consultant for our customers.

The company has a proven track record of delivering high-end enterprise applications with an exceptional client retention ratio.

The services we offer include:
Web application development (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, CakePHP, CodeIgniter)
Mobile application development (Android, iOS, Windows Phone Apps)
E-commerce developmen
t (Magento, Opencart, WooCommerce)
Enterprise portal development
High-performance database consulting
Digital marketing (SEO, SMO, branding, and network building)
Application prototyping and architecture

Bytes Technolab's Success
100+ web projects
10+ mobile apps
80+ clients across the globe

Ahmedabad, India

Magento Development for Personalized Gift Retailer

“Bytes Technolab’s experienced assistance allowed the site to grow very quickly in the first year.”

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

Bytes Technolabs worked on two development projects. The first was to build a user-friendly Magento 1 platform that was compatible with Google’s algorithm. The second was to migrate to a new Magento 2 site.

Cessnock, Australia
Jenni Baty
Managing Director, Celebration Giftware

With the first project alone, Bytes Technolabs helped cement a consistent online presence, pushing the site to the first search page results for nearly 2,000 targeted key terms. Analytics also showed that users were engaging more with the site, leading to improved sales.

At Celebration Giftware, we love creating unique personalized gifts to help customers celebrate those special moments in life: birthdays, new babies, christenings, engagements, and weddings. Our gifts are personalized so they come from the heart and make wonderful keepsakes that can be enjoyed for many years to come

For what projects/services did your company hire Bytes Technolab?

We needed a website that would reach our online audience. Our company was looking for an agency that would provide a comprehensive plan for the layout, navigation, and user experience. We wanted a simplistic design that would easily explain our gifts and company values.

The main goal has always been to build a user- and Google-friendly platform that can adapt to the ever changing e-commerce environment. We have a large inventory, and it was very important to ensure that the site could continually evolve as our business grew.

I’ve been in touch with them for over five years, and we’ve worked on two Magento projects. Most companies have certified developers and good project counts. However, after a few detailed calls, we realized that Bytes Technolab understood our vision and matched our price, terms, and delivery times best. I had already worked with them and was familiar with their process, so it was easy to arrange meetings.

We migrated from Magento 1 to Magento 2 before launching a new website. Bytes Technolab took this in stride, using great designs framework and turning it into a customized Magento 2 website. Their team created a user-friendly platform that showcases comparisons of gifts products and allows access to happiness. Visitors can easily search product reviews and other gifts options.

We worked with a designer, a developer, and a project manager.

Within the first year, we saw a massive increase in online market visibility. Back in 2014, we had 1,091 keywords on the first page of Google. The Magento 1 website improved the overall customer behavior on our site. Users were sticking to our website, and it showed with Google analytics and sales.

We worked with three resources—a designer, a developer, and a project manager—and they all did a great job. Communication was easy, and they are always close at hand when emergency issues arise.

I must say, and my our whole team agrees to this, Bytes Technolab’s experienced assistance allowed the site to grow very quickly in the first year. Avoiding most pitfalls is a critical benefit when working with a knowledgeable agency. The end result comes in both cost and time savings.

No, I can’t think of anything.

E-Commerce Web Portal for Travel Agency

“We’re amazed by their domain expertise.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Bytes Technolab built a web portal that features vacation rentals and travel services. They continue to monitor and enhance the platform.

Park City, Utah
Prashant Upadhyay
CIO, Keyolo, LLC

The platform’s intuitive UI has boosted revenue and user satisfaction. Bytes Technolab’s team is knowledgeable, efficient, and communicative.

I am the CIO of a travel agency that offers destination holiday packages.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bytes Technolab?

We hired them to build a fully functional search and booking portal for our company.

Our primary objective was to provide customers with an intuitive booking experience. At the time, our business was on an expansion spree.

We came across Bytes Technolab on a professional social networking channel. Their business analysts gave a budget estimate that was well within our limits. We also looked at their past clientele and completed projects.

We prepared the entire project roadmap beforehand and handed it over to their project manager. Based on our requirements, Bytes Technolab built excellent features, including booking management for multicity hotels and flights. Our platform also displays a detailed itinerary, past trip history, etc. Currently, the developers are monitoring the technical aspects of the site and suggest improvements.

We recently expanded the team size from two developers to five. We also have a full-time project manager and a full-time QA lead.

Bytes Technolab completed the development on time, which is the most important thing. We launched the portal in February this year. It has struck the right chord with our target audience because of its user-friendly interface, so we’ve seen an increase in bookings.

The work coordination has been excellent. They are constantly in touch with us and keep us informed about their progress. Plus, their team responds well to all our queries and requirements.

We’re amazed by their domain expertise. The entire team is innovative and versatile. They’ve attended various international tech events, so they know the latest IT trends.

I don’t think so.

Magento Migration & Dev for Shoe Company

“Our business is driven by our website and they’ve played a key role in our success.”

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Bytes Technolab transitioned a custom platform to Magento and manages ongoing development.

New York Metro Area
CEO, Custom Shoe Store

The Magento site has had major business impact including increased third-party sales and minimized delays for customers. Bytes Technolab is responsive, communicating effectively and quickly integrating feedback. They combined technical value with an impressive work ethic.

I’m the founder and CEO of a custom footwear brand. Our customers can design their own shoes on our website and we deliver them in four to six weeks.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bytes Technolab?

We had a custom platform which meant that every change to our website required us to work with the development team. We also have a B2B business model where we work with custom clothiers and specialty retail stores to offer our custom shoes. It was difficult to allow third-party sellers to offer custom shoes to their customers through our site. We wanted to move our site to Magento to have more flexibility and control, as well as access to the plugins available for Magento that make scaling easier.

Bytes Technolab helped us move our site to Magento. They now manage ongoing feature development and maintenance. In Magento, they were able to create a backend for our third-party customers to create designs, place orders, and track those orders. Those resellers have access to the same information as we do.

I interact closely with a business analyst and a project manager. There are a tech lead and three other developers working on the project.

How did you come to work with Bytes Technolab?

Someone referred me to them but I don’t remember who. I looked at their team structure and their developers’ qualifications. I also asked for sample work they had done for previous clients and I did some reference checks to get a sense of their process and quality of work. Once I was comfortable, I decided to move forward.

We’ve spent around $40,000.

We started working together in December 2016 and it’s ongoing.

Our business is driven by our website and they’ve played a key role in our success. Before, when we had to rely on the development team to make every change, it would take a long time. A customer could change their shipping address before the shoes were shipped but, by the time the change was made, the shoes would be shipped and the shipping charges incurred. The delays cost us customers. Now I have flexibility and control over all of these things on our end. Additionally, we’re now able to work with many more third-party resellers. Before the process was cumbersome and painful. Now it’s seamless, which has allowed us to scale that part of our business. Overall, from an order management perspective, it’s been easier for us as well as for other vendors to manage things that were previously all manual. Our business efficiency has significantly improved since working with Bytes Technolab.

How did Bytes Technolab perform from a project management standpoint?

We usually communicate on a daily basis. Depending on what project we’re working on and what’s on the roadmap, it may be every two or three days instead. I speak to the business analyst or the project manager, who provide me with updates. If they have any concerns or questions, they raise them with me. When I’ve had to call then on a weekend, they’ve been responsive. They’ve managed to pull a team together to help me out. I’ve been happy with what they’ve done for me and continue to work with them.

I would say their work ethic. That's by far the most important skill that they have. They've been partners. They have the technical expertise—so they provide great suggestions and value—but they’re also able to work on challenging timelines. Sometimes I need them to move at a really fast pace and they're able to cope with that. For example, we had a collaboration with a TV show and I needed something done very quickly. They worked over the weekend and met the deadlines. The best thing about them is their ability to work with the timelines that I have and support us.

Not really. Whenever I find something that I think they could do a better job on, I suggest it to them. They're open to feedback and make changes relatively quickly. As of right now, I can’t think of anything that I would want them to change.

I think having a structure and process in place early on at the start of the project really helps. That's something we did when we started working together and it laid the foundation.

Overall Score I can't think of anything that they've done that I'm not happy with or would want them to change.
    I've already done that.

Technical Partnership with Lead Gen Company

“Of all the technical developers and companies we’ve worked with, Bytes Technolab is the best.”

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Bytes Technolab provides technical support for an internet marketing company. They develop backends and implement functionality and APIs for the 20 sites they maintain.

Los Angeles Metro Area
CEO, Lead Generation Firm

Each site Bytes Technolab produces is high-quality, and a competent QA team ensures that there are few or no mistakes. Their communication is strong, as are their project management solutions.

We’re an internet marketing company that generates leads for the financial industry. I’m the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bytes Technolab?

We needed a team to help set up sites and host all the technical projects we have as a company.

We have about 20 sites that they currently maintain. They developed backends for all of our sites and implement all the technologies and APIs that go into each one. We use custom reporting to pull information from multiple sources, which streamlines interface and backend creation, logins, and other tracking procedures. They use complex systems to tie all of our reporting together and make each site work faster.

The team includes a project coordinator and roughly three other developers.

How did you come to work with Bytes Technolab?

A colleague and a friend of mine referred them to us. I knew they could handle complex projects and felt they would be a good fit.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000 so far.

The collaboration began in December 2016 and is ongoing.

Of all the technical developers and companies we’ve worked with, Bytes Technolab is the best. Their competence and knowledge of implementations is good, and the QA team ensures a near perfect product, every time. We love working with them; they’re phenomenal.

How did Bytes Technolab perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication is amazing. We have a weekly meeting by Skype and a project management solution that they oversee. We always know where they are and what projects are upcoming.

They follow through on every promise.

Documentation is something that they could work to improve. Otherwise, the engagement is successful.

Set up consistent meetings with them and put a project management solution in place to communicate through.

Music Platform Development

"Compared to other offshore groups I’ve worked with, Bytes Technolab has amazing communication."

Jan. 2004 - Jan. 2006

Bytes Technolab developed a PHP web platform with a MySQL database. Users can upload data (song lyrics and chords) and either share it or block it from other users based on authorizations they assign.

British Columbia, Canada
Dave Berryman
Owner, Dasan Research

Customers switching to a new operating system were able to continue their subscription thanks to the new web version. Bytes Technolab provided consistent communication remains available to add new features. They were highly responsive and keen to fix any functionality issues that arose.

I’m the owner of Dasan Research, a software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bytes Technolab?

Back in 2004, we were developing an online version of a program for entering chord charts into a database to use in reprinting. It’s primarily used by churches.

They delivered a MySQL database with 20,000 entries that we’re still using today. I recently it transferred it to AWS because our old platform stopped supporting our version of PHP. A few things didn’t work after we ported it, but my contact at Bytes Technolab fixed them immediately.

As the program designer, I designed the UI and functionality. Then, I gave them the images I wanted and drew pictures of how I wanted the screens to look. The program had to have user accounts with passwords to separate data between customers, but also support data sharing within specific groups (bands). There also had to be the ability to block our certain songs that were still in a preliminary stage.

I assume there was a single developer because they’re the only person I ever dealt with. I’m not aware of their team’s depth.

How did you come to work with Bytes Technolab?

I saw one of their ads and gave them a call. I was reluctant to use overseas developers because of previous relationships I’d had, but I gave Bytes an opportunity. We talked about how we’d work together, and I gave them the first program to try out. They were quite successful at taking my idea and converting it into a usable online tool.

Initially, a local developer charged me $7,000 for a few weeks of work. With Bytes Technolab, I’ve spent around $10,000.

We developed the platform from 2004 until 2005. There’ve been a few tweaks since then when people request more features.

Some of my customers were moving over to Apple, so my PC platform wasn’t going to work for them. I’ve kept them as customers, so the work has had a tremendous impact. Those people now pay annual subscription fees, rather than making a one-time purchase.

How did Bytes Technolab perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve needed my developer several times because of the AWS transfer, and he’s always available. I’m not sure when he sleeps because I can go into Google Groups and he’s right there. During the first development, I’d send them something in the evening, and it would be done the next morning. Sometimes he might take a day to respond, but if it’s a small task, he’ll respond right away.

Compared to other offshore groups I’ve worked with, Bytes Technolab has amazing communication. Other firms have done good work, but I never knew if they’d respond in a day or a week. Bytes and I spoke every day or two, compared to every week or two. They were quick to add new features as well.

Their price was so good that I didn’t look anywhere else. They also excelled at understanding what I wanted. My developer's English is great, so I was able to communicate my ideas quickly.

While some features didn’t work initially, Bytes fixed them. Nobody’s perfect, and this is complicated cross-platform technology. I couldn't have asked for anything more. They did really well.

Overall Score They’re the best company I’ve ever worked with, period.
    I didn’t set specific deadlines but I expected certain things to be done timely, which they were.
    It was infinitely more affordable than working with a domestic firm.
    They always delivered what I wanted, or more.