Byteout Software

Over the last 10 years we’ve worked on more than 70 projects, building both simple to use and advanced applications on mobile & web platforms.
We have a team of 30 people who create modern, innovative, and user-focused solutions.

We build strong partnerships with our clients based on mutual trust, support, and respect. We share a passion for the products we develop, helping our clients enhance their vision and process, and reach the full potential of their idea.

Belgrade, Serbia
  • Kneza Danila 56
    Belgrade 11000
    Serbia

Early App

Early Game Alarm is an iOS alarm clock app. To stop the alarm, users have to play a game instead of hitting the snooze button.

Development

Our first completely developed product. Started off as a learning/test project and we wanted to bring it to life to practice product management. We had a big re-design, won Apple recognition several times, and visited WWDC conference. Application is downloaded around 40k

time.

We wanted an app that’s not only beautiful but also functional, we created 9 different games, all written in simple and lightweight SpriteKit.At WWDC16, we got invaluable insights that gave us ideas for improvements. We localized the app and now with 7 languages, we cover almost half of the world. As the project grew and we happily adopted new technologies, so iMessage extension and stickers were created with Swift.

UI & UX Design

The circle was chosen as a basic element of the design for this app as a perfect shape representing symmetry, and reminiscing of the classic analog clock. The dark background of the app serves so a user wouldn’t be startled and blinded by the bright light upon waking up. With several smart changes in UX and a redesign, this app got featured in the New Apps We Love section on the App Store in several countries around the world.

Cryptominer

Cryptominer.deals finds the lowest prices on ASIC miners and GPUs, and recognizes and sorts by model products from web shops all over the internet.

Development

Cryptominer deals crawls all trusted crypto mining retail websites on the internet. Thanks to site crawling we watch sellers’ inventories and notify users about price drops. To help users make informed decisions about investing in their miner

equipment, we use meaningful data. Collected miner data is processed to reflect current coin market value and best offer price. Users can configure versatile notification filters and get notifications about their dream miner.

Deals aggregator web application for listing out crypto-mining equipment such as graphic cards, ASIC miners, subscription based mining services. Users can subscribe and get instant updates on price drops, availability, best offers etc.

UI & UX Design

Cryptominer.deals has a very specific group of goal-oriented target users, so our design is adapted to their needs and the functionality of the website. Every color and design element choice is based on the extensive research of the target user. Our aim was to make an effective, but simple and unobtrusive design.

https: //cryptominer.deals

Saviors and Cryptic Legends

SAVING THE SAVIORS

This tool is created for professional firefighters meaning that it might play an important role in saving lives at some point. Easy accessible information and functionalities were the main points of the design, so we prioritized UX, organized the information on the screen, and created several custom elements.

CRYPTIC LEGENDS

Client’s passion for Slavic mythology is depicted in

custom typography and hand-drawn elements, which were used for the custom-made logo and UI of the game. The work on the visual identity is rounded up with the landing page design. Together with the creators, we are now happily waiting for the release of the game.

Office Bite

Office Bite is a Web Progressive Application for ordering food. It is created to simplify lunch ordering for teams in companies.

Development

The app is built using Symfony as Back-end and React as Front-end frameworks. It has two parts, for users and for administrators. The user part was developed in React. Users can see menu orders, order food, check for balance, pay for food, rate meals, and contact support

Both back and front-end for the administrator part were developed in Symfony. Administrators can administer food delivery companies, teams who order food, create dishes and menu offers, etc.

UI & UX Design

Light, modern, and functional, this food-ordering app is meant for the users in IT companies and startups. Thanks to a thorough process of research, prototyping, and testing, we defined the Office Bite brand. With the smart interface and playful communication, the app caters to a modern, tech-savvy and busy user.

Skin Scan

Skin Scan is an iOS app supports skin self-assessments, identifies atypical moles and tracks changes over time all with the aim of catching melanoma at an earlier stage of the disease.

Development

This is an iOS app developed in Objective-C. We developed a feature so the users can visually compare the state of their moles using pictures and saved characteristics of the skin changes. In the family mode, it is

possible to track the state of skin changes for all the family members. It is possible to export to PDF file the location of the mole and its description at the specific moment. We developed the subscription model, and the app’s free and premium functionalities. Depending on the market, we developed different themes for the app.

IT Infrastructure for Auto Parts Dealer

“The team stands behind their work and has a very good grasp of complex technologies.”

July 2008 - Ongoing

Byteout Software spearheaded a backend software and IT infrastructure project using PHP. They’re maintaining a system that handles online order management for an auto parts site.

Nashville, Tennessee
General Manager, Online Auto Parts Dealer

Lasting over a decade, the relationship led to a fully-functioning system and positive internal feedback. The team continues to display a true dedication to the effort, always making themselves available to correct arising issues. They deliver exactly what's promised.

I’m the general manager of a company that sells auto parts online.

What challenge were you trying to address with Byteout Software?

We needed an IT partner to manage the backend of our system.

Working in PHP, the team handles backend and IT infrastructure. Particularly, they are in charge of backend software for order management.

They’ve been working on this project and maintaining its functionality for over ten years. Our relationship has evolved in that time. At first, I gave them a couple of tasks, which later turned into building multiple platforms and maintaining backend systems.

I work with one of their partners and two PHP developers. The partner is a PHP expert as well.

How did you come to work with Byteout Software?

I’ve been working with the founding partners for over a decade. Ten years ago, I met them while searching for services. Over time, I’ve gotten to know them, meeting them many times in person.

So far, I’ve spent about $500,000 with them.

We started the project in July 2008, and the work is ongoing.

Working very closely with them, I know they’ve had a positive impact on my business. The site is fully-functioning. If something goes wrong, they’re always available to fix it. I’ve received very good internal feedback from my team about their commitment to the project. It often feels like we’re all on one team together. They do everything they promise, and I appreciate their hard work.

How did Byteout Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic at updating me through Skype, email, WhatsApp, etc. They stayed on time, on budget, and made sure that they delivered the promised services.

Their approach was a great fit for me. The team stands behind their work and has a very good grasp of complex technologies.

I’m extremely pleased with their work, and there’s nothing they’re doing incorrectly right now.

The best thing anybody could do is build a relationship with them, treating them as partners. The partnership can be what you want it to be: a service provider-to-client relationship or a growing friendship. The closer you become with them, the more opportunity they’ll have to holistically understand the project.

Overall Score We planned everything upfront, building specifications. The experience was positive.
    They do whatever they can to accommodate the client.
    They offer great value.
    They work hard to accomplish project goals.
    It’s highly likely that I’d recommend them.

Development for Affiliate Marketing Company

"I get a lot of good tips and ideas from them about my whole business and potential new revenue streams."

2011 - Ongoing

Byteout Software developed a crypto miner deals app for an affiliate marketing company. Key features include data scraping of multiple sites to provide real-time bitcoin data.

Owner, Affiliate Marketing Company

The new app has been well-received. Byteout Software’s expert team inspires confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. They accept constructive input well, but also bring creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I'm the owner of an affiliate marketing company. We have several projects involving tennis, cycling, fishing equipment, and ammunition.

What challenge were you trying to address with Byteout Software?

I'm not a developer, so for me, the challenge is how to actually get my ideas made. We’ve been working with Byteout Software on a number of projects. The most recent project is an app that involves selling, finding, and renting crypto mining equipment.

Byteout Software developed our crypto miner deals app. They use the Symfony framework on a PHP stack for the backend and React for the frontend. The most important feature is to be able to do everything in real time. Dealing with the price volatility of bitcoins and knitting all that together is quite difficult. They scrape a lot of sites in order to produce the best deals for crypto mining equipment and contracts in real time.

I mostly deal with the CEO. I also talk directly to the lead developers on each project, as well as a project manager.

How did you come to work with Byteout Software?

A friend of mine in Serbia recommended them to me.

We’ve spent between $200,000–$1,000,000.

We just celebrated eight years of working together and the engagement is ongoing.

Byteout Software is really into blockchain technology. They encouraged me to pursue this app. They pretty much made the whole thing, leading the entire development process. I trust them, which is quite important. I get a lot of good tips and ideas from them about my whole business and potential new revenue streams.

How did Byteout Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is much better now than when we started eight years ago. Their staff was smaller, so it was just a couple of us talking every day. Now there's a process. I know whom to talk to for every project. Byteout Software uses a scrum system. I talk with them on a regular basis. We have meetings and then I get daily reports. I'm satisfied with the process, and I like that I don't have to go through a lot of hoops. Everything is smooth and easy.

They definitely have good developers and do good work. Byteout Software’s level of involvement in my company is what I like the most. I can start with just a concept and I know they’ll get excited by the idea as well. It's why I use them for everything.

I can’t really think of anything. It’s probably impossible for them to have everything in house. For example, we needed an SEO expert. They didn't have it in house but they found us a good outside resource. One way or another, they provide whatever I need.

Being open with them is quite important so they actually understand what you're talking about. Just giving them tasks—do this, do that—isn't the best approach. I tell them what I want to achieve and let them take care of the tasks. They don't need to be micromanaged.

They're good at sticking to the schedule.
    The costs are reasonable.
    I’d recommend them as long my developers aren’t overbooked.

React & Blockchain Dev for Gaming Company

"They consider every product as their own, so we can always expect valuable input and quality opinions."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Byteout Software designed and developed the client-side UI/UX elements, as well as blockchain components, of a React-based gaming web application.

Serbia
Nemanja Avramović
CEO, Cryptic Legends

Byteout Software has successfully delivered an MVP version, which has helped secure investment meetings, but the full development process remains ongoing. The team is equipped to handle the full lifecycle of building a product, and they stay organized and transparent to ensure a smooth process.

I’m the CEO of Cryptic Legends, a game about collecting heroes, which are stored in a blockchain network. Players can collect heroes, adjust their abilities, and use them in gameplay fights against other players.

What challenge were you trying to address with Byteout Software?

I engaged Byteout Software to help build the blockchain components of the game, along with the UI/UX elements.

Byteout Software developed our client-side web application using React. We worked closely with them on design, starting with a game logo. We collaborated heavily, and the game had an organic evolution. The testing process was quite lengthy, as we got input from team members and external stakeholders. They completed their blockchain work in parallel, but the process started a bit later.

They assigned two UI designers, one junior and one senior. We also worked with a frontend developer and a blockchain developer.

How did you come to work with Byteout Software?

I worked for Byteout Software before starting my own business.

I’ve spent around or less than €50,000 (approximately ($56,180 USD).

Our engagement began in November 2018 and remains ongoing.

So far, we’ve developed an MVP, which we’re using to finish investment negotiations. We’ve already closed one deal, and I think the prototype helped a lot with that.

How did Byteout Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They always met their deadlines and had their priorities in order. Byteout Software gave me complete insight into the progress and the costs.

No, everything’s working well for now. We’ve had no missteps.

Clients should remember that Byteout Software provides end-to-end service, so the only thing required is an idea. The team is committed to product development, and they have provided great support.

They were always available when I needed something.
    The game they made was beyond our expectations.
    I have already recommended them.