DO DIGITAL Transformation Innovation Intelligence

ByteAnt provides Web, Mobile and IoT development services for agencies, start-ups & innovative businesses. Established in 2006 in Lviv, Ukraine, with clients across the UK, Europe, and the USA. Throughout these years, ByteAnt has gained experience in real estate, e-commerce, sports, automotive, social networking, healthcare, and consumer electronics industries.

2006
Lviv, Ukraine
  • Zelena street, 115B, 4th floor
    Lviv, LV 79035
    Ukraine

topsoft, CondoBlackBook, MySeniorCenter, Troyalty Corp.

Automotive IoT and Multitenant SaaS solution Image

Automotive IoT and Multitenant SaaS solution

ByteAnt built an easy-to-set-up telematics system, which connects car drivers, their mechanics, and vehicles via a simple, yet elegant Connection Key OBD-II device. The connection key aligned with a car’s computer analyzes car performance, provides a real-time diagnostic report of car’s health, sends timely notifications both to a car owner and mechanic and informs about upcoming regular checks. With it, drivers know about

critical and non-critical issues as they happen and can contact the nearby mechanic via the mobile app.
Custom Web Application for Distinctive Speech Clinic Image

Custom Web Application for Distinctive Speech Clinic

The main task was to provide the speech-language pathologists and other clinic specialists with an effective and user-friendly custom solution for data alignment. We analyzed the clinic's workflow and processes, defined the basic client's needs, and came up with unique CRM that helps to optimize and automate the tracking of all the process and results.

The new CRM enables specialists to track the therapist-patient

session, record the results, share their data, and way more. CRM users can benefit from the next features:
  • create a database of clinic employees and track the work performance
  • create a database of clinic clients with contact info and necessary details and track treatment progress of each client
  • record each session maintenance, make changes during each session, collecting data about the whole treatment process
  • generating reports according to the results of the treatment course and invoices accordingly
  • create employees groups
  • use employees chat
  • share knowledge via corporate wiki directly in CRM.

New CRM enabled to optimize the number of business processes in terms of cost-efficiency and time spending. Thanks to a custom software solution, the company can ensure compliance and secure reporting, and billing process. Also, CRM allows reaching workflow automation, data security, and patient outreach.

CRM solution for Real Estate agencies Image

CRM solution for Real Estate agencies

The solution was set to execute a wide scope of functions, including safe storage of enterprise data on a public cloud, software customization, data workflow optimization and many other important features that could significantly improve the overall business performance.

For now, real estate managers and agents can enjoy the benefits of our actionable CRM solution that fully resonates with their everyday business needs

and helps improve customer experience.
  • Cloud-based SaaS platform for seamless customer data storage, transfer, and import/export options.
  • Great data management tools for optimizing interaction with leads and customers.
  • Intuitive interface for on-the-fly notifications, reporting and task assignment.
  • Timely update and synchronization of real estate data between agents, partner portals and websites, and MLS/RETS property feeds.
Real Estate marketplace Condo Black Book Image

Real Estate marketplace Condo Black Book

Condo Black Book, a leading real estate services provider on the Miami and South Florida condo market reached out to ByteAnt to help reshape their existing website’s overall appearance and functionality with actionable UI/UX design and robust software solutions.

In terms of the website’s functionality optimization and redesign enablement, we succeeded in implementing the following features:

• Integration of a
meaningful web solution that is synced to the RETS (Real Estate Transaction Standard) database for getting timely real estate data updates in the region.
  • Great-looking responsive UI/UX design that significantly increases customer engagement and retention rates
  • A powerful tech-enabled property data search engine, enabling users to apply various filters to fine-tune their browsing results.
  • Introduction of the back office to facilitate effective property and customer data management along with built-in email and push notifications as for all the important database changes.
  • Smooth Google Maps integration.
  • Client-facing options to save one’s individual search preferences with the filters applied to get timely notified if some changes occur within the favorites list.
  • A user-friendly personal cabinet allowing customers to flawlessly interact with their assigned real estate agents.

TopSoft Multi-vendor marketplace

TopSoft is an actionable business platform able to perform various functions and provide exhaustive and accessible information through great UI. Its functions are the following:

- Smooth search options for end-users to easily find multi-vendor software products;

- Safe and transparent accounts for software vendors;

- Quick references search for useful data within the largest Swiss market overview of

software solutions and providers;

- Timely update and navigation features for blog, events and job sections."

Flow Management Marketplace Image

Flow Management Marketplace

The workflow management system we created enables professionals to create and share their data assets in the blink of an eye. As of now, users find it great to use the next features:

- Create unique schemes to be easily shared between team members and outside experts;
    - Rich access to a website’s library where templates and ready-made formulas can be purchased or simply used free of charge;
    - Solid task

orchestration for every single project;
    - Real-time Task monitoring and sequencing;
    - On-the-go task progress tracking;
    - A secure and transparent marketplace that lets vendors offer their services.

Software Development for Project Management & Outsourcing Company

“They’re very thorough. They really think things through and consider aspects that we haven’t even thought of.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

ByteAnt designed and developed a database application using a Microsoft tech stack, hosted on a SQL Server.

Mankato, Minnesota
    President, Project Management & Outsourcing Company

ByteAnt developed a reliable platform with few bugs. Their team pays attention to detail and asks many questions to ensure quality development. Throughout the project, they’ve improved communication with their partners in order to create an effective and productive partnership.

I’m the president of a company that works in the internet marketing field to manage projects and outsource more effectively.

What challenge were you trying to address with ByteAnt?

We were trying to develop a new, complex piece of software. We had hired a different freelancer, but after an extensive amount of time, they delivered a really buggy application. We had to scrap the project, and turned to ByteAnt instead.

First, we worked on database design. They asked a lot of questions about our business model and how we wanted the software to operate. Then, they used a Microsoft Stack to develop it on a SQL server.

In total, we’ve worked with about a dozen people. Several have continuously been working on the project, while designers, QA, and project managers have floated on and off the project.

How did you come to work with ByteAnt?

I found them on a freelancing platform. I did some research and found a few case studies on their site that were similar to what we wanted. We selected them because they demonstrated a clear understanding of what we wanted. Compared to our past experience, that really stood out. It was clear that they wanted to deliver the right solution for us.

We’ve spent around $100,000

The project started in June 2017, and our collaboration is ongoing.

We’ve received positive feedback from users about the reliability of the platform. There have been very few bugs, and when we have had issues, they’ve been very minor. We still get user feedback about feature requests and things like that.

How did ByteAnt perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked in week-long sprints throughout the process. After the first three weeks, our process changed, but we’ve completed about 13 more since then. They’ve been pretty accessible as well. When we’ve needed something at the last minute, they’ve been available after hours to make it right.

Our ability to work well together has improved over time. Early on, it was challenging to figure out how to communicate because we weren’t familiar with working with a development house. However, I think we’ve gotten through it. We just need to be clearer during planning and include detail in the scope. Once we got that down, we rarely had to make changes. They’re also really proactive in asking us questions and covering every angle.

They’re very thorough. They really think things through and consider aspects that we haven’t even thought of. By paying attention to every little detail, they’ve created exceptionally reliable code.

No, not really. We’ve done a lot together and we’ll continue to work with them.

Be really clear about what you want to accomplish. The best thing you can do is to create wireframes for what you want. Be very specific and provide a user story. With that, they’ll be able to bring your vision to life.

Sometimes they’ve run a little over the estimated timeline, but it has been relatively minor.
      Compared to other developers, they’re definitely more premium. However, we got a more reliable product.
      Even the few times when something was off, they always made sure it would function the way it needed to.
      Yes. I just wouldn’t tell my competitors!

Desktop & Mobile Apps Dev for Manufacturing Co

"Their communication and level of technical expertise make ByteAnt unique."

2018 - Ongoing

ByteAnt developed desktop and mobile apps for a manufacturing company. They integrated the products with hardware to coordinate user data across via Bluetooth. The team leveraged Swift, Java, C#, and C++.

Johnny Brooks
    Troyalty Corp

ByteAnt delivered stable and effective applications on time to enable continued engagement on additional projects. They have been attentive, which has supported smooth collaboration. The team has impressive industry knowledge that has empowered them to provide a variety of valuable solutions.

I’m the director of software engineering for Century Card. We’re manufacturing a security device for authenticating into companies. It has three different types of services including proximity and one-time passwords.

What challenge were you trying to address with ByteAnt?

We’re building demonstration software for the product. We needed a partner to do desktop and mobile app development.

ByteAnt developed applications for us to create a password manager. Their team built a desktop and a mobile application to synch the data with our security cards. This enables clients to have their passwords accessible across their devices over Bluetooth. For iOS, they used Swift. Android was built with Java, C# for windows, and C++ for Mac. They also created a plugin using Javascript for browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This product allows users to autofill usernames and passwords for the credentials synching between the devices.

We worked with 1–2 people approximately. We collaborated with a primary developer who was also our QA resource. And then, we interfaced with a project manager to meet deadlines, work through issues, and coordinate work.

How did you come to work with ByteAnt?

We found them using an online platform where you can bid for work. We posted a job online, different companies bid on the work, and ByteAnt piqued our interest. We spent time with them and felt that they had developed good products. We reviewed some of their projects as well as their clients and decided to go with their team.

We’ve spent around $35,000 on their services.

We started working with ByteAnt in 2018, and they’re still working with us.

ByteAnt has delivered exactly what they’ve said they were going to deliver. We’ve had a lot of success with the applications. They’ve worked as expected and the prices have been fair. It has been a pleasure working with them. We keep coming up with new projects for their team and plan on working with them more.

How did ByteAnt perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team has been responsive and met their deadlines. We have our own GitHub that we’ve used for all the source control for all the projects and we’ve created issues on that. Chat, communication, and conference calls have been done over Skype.

Their communication and level of technical expertise make ByteAnt unique. Their team has been able to solve complex problems whether the issues have involved Bluetooth, Android, or Mac. They’ve been able to resolve these unique issues.

No, I can’t think of anything they could do better.

Be careful that the company you find is trustworthy, has excellent communication, and will hit their deadlines. Those qualities are key to a successful engagement. With these types of projects, the biggest risk is people face is ending up with a team that doesn’t have enough technical experience to work through the challenges they'll run into when building a solution.

Design Creation Tool for Retailer

“I am impressed by the quality of their work. They work very hard and never give up until I am 100% happy with their solution.”

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

ByteAnt has developed internal custom software that allows the user to create and download designs to make products. The solution then automatically uploads the product to Amazon and Etsy through APIs.

Denmark
    Daniel Hartz
    Founder, BTT

Over the years, ByteAnt has continued to add new features to the app to enhance its functionality. The tool has significantly reduced manufacturing time, allowing the in-house team to upload multiple products faster and increasing revenue.

I run a one-man company, where I design and create customized merchandise, which I sell on online marketplaces.

For what projects/services did your company hire ByteAnt?

I was spending too much time creating my designs manually, so I hired ByteAnt to help me build a software that could automate most of the process.

My goal was to develop software that I could use to easily create and download my designs.

I created an online project and received bids from multiple vendors who were all interested in working with me. But after speaking with ByteAnt, I quickly realized, that they were the right vendor for my project.

I gave ByteAnt clear guidelines on what kind of software I was looking for, and they delivered exactly what they promised. To begin with, the software was a simple application that I could use to create and download designs.

Over time, we’ve added a lot of new features, and now I have a very advanced software solution that has the ability to turn my designs into products and upload them directly to Amazon and Etsy using their APIs.

Different people worked on the project in the beginning, but after some time, one person took over all responsibilities. I've been working with him ever since, as he knows the code inside out, and I'm very satisfied with his work.

The tool has drastically reduced the time I've spent on creating my designs and increased my earnings, as I'm now able to upload multiple products faster.

We used Trello during the main development, so it was easy to follow the whole process of the project. I could easily see what they had done and what needed to be done.

The quality of their work is impressive. They work very hard and never give up until I am 100% happy with their solution.

I can't think of any areas that I would like to improve, as ByteAnt has improved a lot over the years.

Overall Score I will continue working with them for many years to come.
      The scheduling was very precise, and they delivered the tool within the deadline.
      The price was fair and covered the amount of work done.
      The quality of their work speaks for itself.
      I would be more than happy to refer ByteAnt to a friend.

Web Dev, Design & Support for Real Estate Brokerage

“They developed my vision of what users want.”

2016 - Ongoing

ByteAnt provides design, development, and ongoing support for a website. The development is primarily Microsoft-based, with an SQL Server and Windows Virtual PC.

Miami, Florida
    Sep Niakan
    Managing Broker, HB Roswell Realty

The ByteAnt team took over an existing development project and have been able to handle the associated issues well. Though they could improve their adherence to deadlines, the team is effective, skilled, and transparent in their work, always demonstrating their competence and trustworthiness.

We’re a real estate brokerage in Miami, primarily focusing on residential properties.

What challenge were you trying to address with ByteAnt?

We’re working with ByteAnt on a site that is our main source of lead generation and main outlet to the public. It allows people to search for condos, in addition to giving us an opportunity to write blog content to attract people. We use it for PPC purposes and organic SEO.

Our previous developer’s service quality had diminished over time, to the point where the communication and project management were lacking too much for me.

They provide all development and support for the website. The projects include performance improvements, redesigns, and feature enhancements and additions. Development is their main strength, but they’ve brought in designers to streamline the process.

At this moment, we’re primarily Microsoft-based and use AWS Elasticsearch too. We are hosted on Azure, with a traditional setup of an SQL Server and Windows Virtual PC.

Depending on my budget at any time and my needs, the team has 1–4 developers and a project manager.

How did you come to work with ByteAnt?

I found them through an old business partner, who was using them for his company. I called for some proposals, but it’s always good to go with someone with a personal experience.

We’ve spent $100,000–$250,000.

We started working with ByteAnt around three years ago.

When I have a trusted development team, I don’t lose sleep over whether they’re going to deliver. I can focus on finding the right solution for my customers. In terms of value, the amount of traffic I get from the site and the user satisfaction is good and they’re a key component in the mix. They developed my vision of what users want.

How did ByteAnt perform from a project management standpoint?

I interfaced with Valeriy (Founder and CEO, ByteAnt) regularly, as one of the project managers. He’s very level-headed and trustworthy. We use Trello in order to have 100% transparency over what’s in development, under review, and in testing. When something’s ready for me to review, it’s put in beta or something similar, so everything is very clear at all times. We work in batches, and they give me timelines for them. We don’t always hit deadlines, but that’s often because I changed requirements or added new things.

ByteAnt inherited this project, and it’s not easy for a development team to do that, especially when it’s not been developed that well. They were still able to piece it together and build on it.

It would be good if they knew when to push back on what I’m asking. We tend to miss estimates as they spend a lot of time on certain things; they could pad their estimates for unforeseen events. That way, everyone can have a more realistic timeline.

I mostly worked time-and-materials with them. We came up with estimates, then they charged me for however long the work took. I carefully managed the project, so I take responsibility for however long it took. If I was structured differently, I might go with a fixed-project basis, but I haven’t had that experience with them.

Custom Platform Dev for Software Consulting Firm

"We always can rely on our close relationship and work together in an efficient way."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

ByteAnt helped build a software comparison platform for a consulting firm. They designed the GUI and workflow and used Umbraco as its CMS. The team provides ongoing development and web management services.

Switzerland
    Marcel Siegenthaler
    Partner, topsoft | schmid + siegenthaler consulting gmbh

The platform serves as a pillar in the overall firm web presence. ByteAnt uses agile methodology and project management tools to produce high-quality work efficiently. They lead a seamless workflow thanks to regular communication, timely delivery, and flexible resources.

I’m a partner for topsoft | schmid + siegenthaler consulting gmbh. We provide a yearly trader fair, a comparison platform, and other services to compare business software products by Swiss vendors.

For what projects/services did your company hire ByteAnt?

Our web presence is very important for our business. We engaged ByteAnt to maintain our presence, and our comparison database serves as a central element.

We wanted to increase market awareness of our product and to earn money through advertising and posts on the platform.

Professionally selecting vendors is a core part of our business. We considered key factors such as technical knowledge, eagerness to work with us, a sense of trust, and budget-conscious prices.

Our platform serves as a marketplace for users to shop for Swiss software vendors. Visitors can use selectable parameters to navigate over 1,000 vendors with 2,500 products, 2,500 references, and 2,000 edited posts. We receive a return on our investment through advertising, and we also use the platform to provide information about our trade fair.

ByteAnt helped us build on the comparison platform through individual software projects. They proposed we use Umbraco as our CMS and conducted end-to-end development services, including designing the GUI (graphical user interface) and workflow.

ByteAnt provides up to 10 people depending on the project’s needs.

Without this project, our business would not exist anymore. This platform is the backbone of our company.

We work in short, agile sessions. ByteAnt provides all the tools necessary to efficiently work together, such as Trello, Bitbucket, and an Azure server. The project team has fluctuated over the long time we’ve worked together, but it hasn’t had a bad influence on the project.

No, not that I can think of.

Overall Score We’re thrilled about the way we work together and what ByteAnt achieves for us.
      Every software project experiences delays, but ByteAnt never missed something important that had a market impact.
      ByteAnt charges very reasonable prices which allowed us to do the project in the first place.
      ByteAnt works closely with use to develop individual software, and they always deliver exactly what we needed.
      I’d be happy to refer them.

Ongoing Developments for Real Estate Consulting Firm

"ByteAnt oftentimes goes out of their way to make sure they’re meeting our expectations."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

ByteAnt replaced an in-house resource in completing a complex CRM system, which involved fixing bugs, Azure implementations, and other integrations. They team continues to develop new functionalities.

Brooklyn, NY
    Zane Burnett
    Managing Director, OkapiCo

The team fixed all issues within the system, which has had a 35% increase in daily users and a boost in renewed licenses. Their strengths include clear and constant communication and availability during U.S. hours. ByteAnt behaves as a partner that’s truly invested in the project’s success.

I’m the managing director of a development and consulting firm that specializes in real estate. We provide SaaS [Software-as-a-Service], custom software, and digital consulting to help mid-sized brokerages achieve their production and efficiency goals.

For what projects/services did your company hire ByteAnt?

We’re a small company and our on-site lead developer abruptly quit in the midst of a very large project. We needed to hire a team that not only possessed exceptional programming skills but one that could quickly familiarize themselves with the tens of thousands of lines of code, framework, and logic of the project.

There were numerous goals such as improving some of our business logic processes, incorporating Angular charts, and debugging a lot of functionality that wasn't working as anticipated. This all needed to be done in a reasonable amount of time in order to meet our rollout deadlines for our existing client base.

They were one of several vendors that responded to the ads that were placed on various sites. For each response, I gave a simple synopsis of my challenges and asked what their course of action would be. ByteAnt was, by far, the most articulate, communicative, and detailed of all the vendors in their response. They also took the time to ask relevant questions before accepting the task, which made me feel a lot better about moving forward with them.

The project itself involved a very complex and industry-specific CRM [customer relationship management] system with an integrated intranet. Since most of the project was already built out, I only needed someone that could fix the myriad of bugs that existed within the platform. There were various WebJobs, Azure security implementations, workflows, bugs, and platform integrations that needed to be taken care of.

The team consisted of an account manager and a lead developer. The size of the overall team varied based on the amount of work that was required and the amount of time that it needed. At one point, there were two additional developers that were working alongside the lead dev and account manager.

All of the bugs were fixed and we continue to build new functionality. Our average daily user count has increased by 35%, and one of our clients was so happy with the product that they immediately renewed their license. The results of this project have far exceeded my expectations in both quality and completion time.

How effective was the project management?

ByteAnt is extremely effective in project management. We primarily use Skype for real-time communication and Basecamp for project management. There were absolutely zero issues regarding any type of language barriers.

Communication is perfectly clear, concise, and frequent—their skill in this area surpasses that of some dev shops located within the U.S. They’ve done a great job of reporting issues as they arise and deadlines are almost always met. Whenever there’s a delay, I get an advanced notice and clear reasons as to why.

In terms of accessibility, I've never had any issues with being able to get a hold of them. They are available during U.S. business hours and they’ve even gone as far as to give personal numbers so that I can reach them for potential emergencies.

Their level of accessibility and communication is what sets them apart from any company, regardless of where they may be located. ByteAnt oftentimes goes out of their way to make sure they’re meeting our expectations. Even though they take on a myriad of different projects, I always feel like they’re a part of my personal team and that they’re just as invested in the success of the project as I am.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

There really isn't any piece of feedback I can give. I've used several dev shops over the last 10 years and ByteAnt is by far the best I've ever engaged with.

Deadlines are frequently met.
      They’re extremely fair with no suspicion of hour inflation.
      They’re simply the best development shop I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
      I’m extremely likely to refer them!

Multiple Development Tasks for SaaS Start-up Firm

"It’s obvious that they are knowledgeable about what they do."

May 2017 - Ongoing

ByteAnt works on developing an environmental compliance cloud-based SaaS. They perform any development tasks needed, including creating payment gateways, UI design, and reporting.

Denver, Colorado
    Sydney Fetter
    Managing Member, Comply26 LLC

The team’s work has resulted in higher customer interaction with the software. ByteAnt provides their own project management software, used alongside various communication tools, to facilitate communication and project organization. They always make themselves available during US business hours.

I am the Managing Member of a SaaS start-up firm. We provide compliance management tools to the construction industry to help facilitate their environmental compliance activities.

For what projects/services did your company hire ByteAnt?

We are a small start-up and needed help with programming and development. Due to our size and limited budget, we needed third-party expertise in order to build and improve existing features quickly. We sought ByteAnt's help to improve the overall structure of the program, databases, code, etc.

The project consists of various tasks, including the development of items such as a payment gateway, responsive UI re-design, automated and logic-based reporting as well as new proprietary features.

We are in the process of migrating to ASP.NET Core using Azure services. We anticipate this project will positively impact our business by giving us a viable product to sell upon which we can continue to add and improve.

We found them through a freelance site and initially used their services for a smaller API related project. We narrowed the field to approximately three companies and chose ByteAnt because they had specific experience doing the work we needed. They performed the work well and quickly. Their speed, communication, and cost allowed us to partner with them on a more full-time basis.

They build various features for our SaaS compliance program. The development has been ongoing for two years, with ByteAnt having joined on a per-project basis in December 2016, and then full-time in May 2016.

ByteAnt was responsible for project management and development of new features. I provided scoping requirements and documentation for each task and performed the testing.

The project has included approximately 30 different tasks ranging from small bug fixes to large builds. The tasks included email notifications, implementation of a responsive UI design, payment gateway, alerts/notifications, and proprietary forms.

I am the only resource on our side. ByteAnt provided one consistent project manager that has been available throughout the work. As work increased, they staffed the project with 2-4 programmers, both junior and senior. The work was overseen by two senior level people. I did not play a role in assembling the team other than providing an anticipated budget and timeline. The size of the programming team has fluctuated over time due to my schedule and ability to test and provide results or feedback to their team. When needed, ByteAnt was able to staff up quickly to meet our deadlines.

We have higher customer interaction with the system due to the improvements and feature additions resulting from the work.

How effective was the project management?

ByteAnt provides their own internal project management platform to gather documentation and facilitate communication between me and the programming team. We use Skype to communicate as well and transitioned to using Slack and Trello. We also used GitHub at the outset of the project and later moved to Bitbucket.

They communicate early and clearly, keeping me up to date on progress and deadlines. They update me regularly regarding issues they find, along with solutions to resolve them. They also provide business analytics in terms of possible new features to improve the overall service and performance of the platform.

The entire team is responsive and available almost all day. The team speaks English very well, which helped the project move quickly. The team has also made great efforts to be available during US business hours.

Their communication is effective and better than prior programmers we've worked with. It's obvious that they are knowledgeable about what they do and strive to provide options for improved performance and design.

ByteAnt is great to work with;  they have been very helpful, patient and effective.

ByteAnt is always available and flexible to meet my schedule.