Explosive brand development.

Enduring brands are built from the inside out.

We elevate brand value by building, rebuilding and strengthening core brand structure then communicating with purpose through high quality visual design and problem solving.

How do we do that? We use art and science to create brands that have an explosive impact. We create high quality visuals through our attention to detail and strong design sense. We create effective and appropriate messaging, because we understand the psychology behind how visuals communicate and affect the message. We create connections between brands and people, because we know how to craft and leverage the story.

Fort Worth, TX

Grapevine Craft Brewery

Foundation for Excellence in Education

It's Feasible Publishing

Brand Development for Entrepreneur

"When I start a project, I put them in charge of an area and I know it will be exceptional in the end."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Buzzbomb developed a variety of design and branding elements including a slogan, logo, and website. Keeping targeted populations in mind, they generated a brand identity that explained a unique proposition.

Entrepreneur

Both customers and competitors have reviewed the new brand favorably. Buzzbomb is concerned with sharing their thinking and reasoning, as well as their designs, and is extremely patient throughout the development process. Their work inspires confidence and shows true passion.

I’m an entrepreneur that’s currently in transition.

What challenge were you trying to address with Buzzbomb Creative?

I needed brand development services.

When I’m starting a new company, I bring in Buzzbomb to craft a variety of resources on the marketing and brand side of things. In totally, I’ve worked on three projects with Paul, the owner, who works from a strategic standpoint to create positioning statements, slogans, and logos.

The last company I started was a construction company. I didn’t want it to look like every other construction company, and I wanted things to look aesthetically pleasing to our target clientele. When I engaged with Paul, I was able to share my vision with him. I’m extremely particular about what I like, and I came out of the design industry, so I understand design as well. We did everything from creating an incredible logo and brand, to coming up with an amazing punchline for the company that was a play on its specialty: storm restoration for commercial and church properties. He also helped with web design.

How did you come to work with Buzzbomb Creative?

Paul was referred to me by a variety of different sources in my business world. I looked at his work and connected immediately. I knew that we could do a lot of great work together

We’ve spent between $10,000–$50,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since January 2016.

I’m satisfied and the feedback has been phenomenal – I had it plastered everywhere. I received several compliments from people asking about our brand, as well as from other companies in the industry. Paul and Buzzbomb did an exceptional job.

How did Buzzbomb Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

He asks a lot of questions, but he also isn’t afraid to give a lot of feedback. He always gives it in such a way that I understand the why he thinks the way he does. He understands the theory behind color and the theory behind what he actually does, which is something I need, because I don’t think that way.

He’s also extremely patient. I understand the industry in such a way where you could easily be connected to what you have created. It’s hard to look past that, but Paul had a way to be able to listen and consider while being passionate, but not too passionate where he was unwilling to make adjustments when needed which is a huge attribute in this industry.

When I start a project, I put them in charge of an area and I know it will be exceptional in the end. It’s a huge relief for me as I know it will be well taken care of. I’m a big fan of people that are incredible at their craft. They aren’t just concerned with visuals either, they want me to understand the reason it needs to look the way it does. Paul was very patient with me after a couple months of really digging through exactly what we wanted to accomplish.

They work best when they have as much information as possible about the vision you’re trying to accomplish. When they understand the industry you’re in, they’ll want to do research to see who your competitors are.

They always achieve our timeline.
    It’s been exceptional. He could’ve charged a lot more for the quality of work he created. I’m very pleased with his price points.
    They’ll create a timeline and deliver on it. You know it’ll be a good product in the end.
    I do it all the time.

Branding for Collision Companies

“The value of having quality branding helped triple our business overnight.”

Aug. 2016 - Aug. 2017

Buzzbomb provided branding work, including company name and logo designs, as the company divided into two entities and locations.

Jon Pignatelli
Owner, Pignatelli Collision & FibrWorx

Buzzbomb's branding designs exceeded expectations, highlighting the best elements of the business and earning the company recognition throughout the community. The quality of their work is invaluable. Receptive, thorough, and thoughtful, working with their team was a great experience overall.

I'm the owner of Pignatelli Collision, an auto body shop, and FibrWorx, a boat repair shop in Texas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Buzzbomb Creative?

Previously, both of my companies were combined under one name, so I sought out Buzzbomb to help with branding as I split the two companies and expanded to a second location.

Buzzbomb studied my target clientele and collaborated with me to create the branding for one of my companies, including the name and logo.

I mostly worked with Paul (Owner and Creative Director, Buzzbomb Creative).

How did you come to work with Buzzbomb Creative?

They were recommended to me by a friend who's also worked with Buzzbomb.

We invested about $5,000.

We worked with them in the summer of 2016 and it took about nine months or longer to complete the branding work. Any delays were on our end.

The logos they designed has been wildly successful and instant hits in our community. They look great on the side of my building and highlight the best elements of the business, including our dedication to quality and excellence. Paul essentially made my name cool for the first time.

Their designs have enabled us to shift gears with our business. We stand out significantly more at events, which has been really great for us. The value of having quality branding helped triple our business overnight.

How did Buzzbomb Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Paul was great. He remained patient with me as I took my time to make decisions. He walked us through the branding process and presented his ideas and approach very well. He was also receptive to my feedback, working continuously on designs until I was completely satisfied.

I'm most impressed by Buzzbomb's creativity. They're serious about getting the work done well.

Communication is key. The more dialogue you have with Buzzbomb, the better they'll be able to understand what you're trying to achieve.

Overall Score I loved working with them and would do it again.
    Deadlines were always met, but they could potentially be improved.
    The branding work they've done has been invaluable to us.
    They provided great results.

Branding and Packaging Design for Emerging Brewery

"They deliver fantastic work at a great rate."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Buzzbomb Creative provides 360-degree design services which include logo creation, conceptual planning, font design, monograms, posters, and other graphic designs.

Brian Burton
Founder, Hop & Sting Brewing

The new designs have been praised by consumers and showcased by a high-profile social media curator. Buzzbomb's thorough and personalized approach exemplifies their investment in the project. Their creative solutions and a centralized communication platform make them ripe for future engagement.

We are a new brewery in the Dallas area trying to grow our business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Buzzbomb Creative?

We wanted to our beer to be competitive on store shelves against other craft beers. We needed our designs to showcase our brand, image, personality, and be eye-catching. We also wanted a simple and classic look. Being a small brewery, we couldn’t afford to be unrestrained in our designs.

We initially needed Buzzbomb to tweak our main logo. We found out that some of the fonts our previous designer had used were proprietary. Because we couldn't find the original source, we were left with finding similar fonts or going in a different direction.

Their team helped us through the basics, including styling our main logo and picking through the sample can designs. Over time, Buzzbomb worked on some variations of the previous logo using a slightly different font. They also gave us samples of different merchandising and branding—canned packaging concepts of what these individual designs would look like. After looking at how designs would look on different cans, they inspired us to go in a completely different direction than we had imagined, mixing 2–3 concepts into one.

Buzzbomb also created a monogram and did some merchandising concepts including pint glass designs and sticker designs. Then, their team developed posters and a special label for our kegs.

We also worked together to create graphics that we needed to incorporate into our website, making sure everything fit and looked good. They did the same for some of our social media.

They are currently working on three other label designs for us and tweaking two of our previous designs to fit the whole can. Their team provides mockups for each new can design and we publish these on our social media, without having to wait for the actual cans to be ready.

I primarily work with their owner but also with their client relations (CL) director. They also had a team working in the background.

I worked with their owner in the past and am comfortable with him. Our CL director handles a lot of the stuff in the background, but she is also very important for our illustration work. She provides a lot of the materials we use and is a very big part of our projects.

How did you come to work with Buzzbomb Creative?

Our original design could no longer do the work for us, so we had to find someone else. We originally interviewed recommendations from our previous designer. They presented a couple of concepts and gave us their prices. They were talented people, but we realized that none of them experience with any kind of beer product design.

Instead, I talked to some of the other breweries in the area and asked them about the designers they were using, the cost, who they recommend, and the value they are getting for their money. We found that Buzzbomb had done some fantastic work for another brewery we were in contact with. They made sure that the designs were aligned with all federal and state laws— displaying the surgeon general's warning, the specifications of the beer (alcohol content), and the universal product code. They brought a level of comfort and professionalism to their pitch. We also realized that it would be a lot cheaper for us to just hire them as our fulltime designer.

We invested around $10,000.

We started the project the Summer of 2017 and it is ongoing.

Everyone liked the new designs, including a vast majority of our customers. They complimented on how they stood out on the shelves and said they bought the beer because of the new labels. Additionally, an Instagram model in Oklahoma showcased our beer because she liked the can's design.

How did Buzzbomb Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

There was a lot of experimentation in the beginning as they were recreating their company. However, the collaboration has been more than adequate so far. We keep it casual and free-flowing to see what works best for each other.

Their team is savvy with technology. They first used a third-party project management tool to upload all their files and it allowed us to comment and message each other. We bounced around a couple of different ones, including ActiveCollab and some mobile apps, and picked the best one for us. They give us access to all the projects we are working on—all on one platform. It makes it easy to keep everyone updated.

They also take care of little things like contacting the people who make the cans, making sure that colors look correct. After sending a design to a printing company, the files may sometimes not transfer correctly or the companies will be using a different program. Buzzbomb contacts them to make sure that they have the right files and software. This is very helpful for us as we don’t know anything about the technical aspects of the designs.

We take our time and been growing organically together. They deliver projects on time and we are more than happy with their work so far.

They’re very accessible and creative. Their owner's specialty is fonts and is a fantastic artist. Their team works well together and have talents that complement each other.

They need to keep moving to make sure everything is on time. This is not an issue now, but as our demand grows, and they grow as a company and get other clients, I wonder whether the service will stay the same and both sides’ needs will be met. We think of them as part of our team, and, hopefully, the feeling is mutual.

Overall Score They always surprise me with their work.
    They complete everything on time, and there are no issues.
    Other breweries I talk to have easily paid twice as much or more for the same services.
    They weren't perfect, but we were happy with them from a service standpoint.
    They deliver fantastic work at a great rate.

Print and Packaging Design for Startup Brewery

“They captured exactly what we wanted and did it all on a tight timeline.”

Oct. 2017 - May 2018

Buzzbomb did marketing, specifically print and packaging, for brochures, promotional items, and stickers. Other responsibilities also included photography and copywriting.

Fredericksburg, Texas
Jeff Jones
Sales & Marketing, Altstadt Brewery

Buzzbomb is quick and efficient, creating high-quality products reflective of your company’s brand. Their work has received positive feedback from internal and external sources, making the messaging much more consistent. Excellent project management and a clear workflow make them a reliable partner.

I’m responsible for sales and marketing at Altstadt Brewery, a startup that produces authentic, old world, brewed European-style beers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Buzzbomb Creative?

We needed print and packaging design for our brewery.

Buzzbomb has done nearly all of our marketing. They designed the graphics for our delivery trucks, sales brochures, stickers, and on-premise promotional items. They even made digital brochures that our salespeople use on their tablets in the field. Buzzbomb helped clean up our message and tighten our visuals. Their owner came to our brewery and took numerous photos to use in the marketing material, and the co-owner did copywriting. We created a secondary sales brochure, which told our brand story and described our brewery building. We recently won a World Beer Cup Award, and they quickly modified our images to include that detail in the rear panel.

We worked with the Owner and Co-Owner.

How did you come to work with Buzzbomb Creative?

I met the owner when I worked at a different brewery.

We worked together from October 2017–May 2018.

Their brochures were so successful that we reprinted them multiple times. Internal and external feedback has been exceptional; everyone was thrilled with their work. We’d partnered with a few other marketing companies before, but Buzzbomb was one of the best. They made our brand much more consistent and tidy. They’re now our go-to company for any marketing work we need done. They captured exactly what we wanted and did it all on a tight timeline.

How did Buzzbomb Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re opening the brewery this coming August, so I speak to the owner almost daily. He’s responsive and communicates well with our entire team. He uses Basecamp to post projects and alerts.

They’re creative, consistent, and able to understand the structure and culture of our company. They have passion for their work and listen to their clients, adjusting the project as needed.

No, they never let us down.

Listen and invite them into your world. The more they understand your brand and objectives, the better their marketing will be.

Overall Score We’re huge fans of their work. Even our business owner gives great feedback.
    They were exceptionally responsive. We changed plans a few times, and they always delivered.
    They’re a great value.
    They created high-quality products.
    I’d absolutely recommend them.

Print Design for Policy Nonprofit

“We continually go back to them because they're reliable and they deliver quality work.”

June 2013 - Ongoing

Buzzbomb Creative provides ongoing design support including branding for a large annual event, annual report layouts, and additional small graphic design projects.

Tallahassee, Florida
Director of Marketing & Digital, Policy Nonprofit

Buzzbomb’s contributions have created significant organizational efficiencies, saving staff time and improving project outcomes. Buzzbomb has built a strong working relationship premised on a deep understanding of the client’s work and organization. They balance original creativity with full meeting needs.

I’m the Director of Marketing and Digital for an education policy nonprofit. We work across the country on several different policies to improve K-to-12 education in the US.

What challenge were you trying to address with Buzzbomb Creative?

We've worked with Buzzbomb on-and-off for at least five years starting before I began working here three and a half years ago.

They’ve worked on two main projects—a major annual event, our National Summit, and our annual reports—as well as on smaller projects on case-by-case basis.

They’ve managed the full-service creation for our National Summit for the last two years including the overall design, logo, and all associated collateral. They develop mood boards and work through the contracting with us. They come up with the program as well as the images that will be presented on the big center screens in the ballroom. For the annual report, they help us visualize our work in the 40-page document as well as create accompanying, standalone graphics.

We’ve just finished our latest annual report and are getting started on the next National Summit with them.

We work with the two owners.

How did you come to work with Buzzbomb Creative?

We started working with Buzzbomb before I joined. There was a brief period of time where I believe one of their owners left to work at another firm. He eventually returned and they revived the business a couple of years ago. We never stopped working with him we just did so independently of Buzzbomb itself for a while.

We continually go back to them because they're reliable and they deliver quality work. We see ourselves always having some sort of relationship with them. We’ve worked with them even when we’ve had a full-time designer on staff.

We’ve spent around $100,000.

They started working with us in June 2013 and it’s ongoing.

We’ve significantly increased efficiencies with Buzzbomb. They provide us with multiple viable concepts months in advance of when we used to receive them from our previous vendor. They respond quickly and are very easy to work with on changes. From the perspective of efficiency and cost savings of staff time, we save weeks or even months of time completing projects with them and are able to move forward on new ones.

How did Buzzbomb Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We work solely via email and Basecamp. They’re responsive and communicate very well. When there has ever been an issue, we’ve worked through it. We’ve never had any real problems. It’s incredible that they’ve been truly successful for us and we’ve never been in the same room with each other.

They deliver on time, within parameters. They’re really a partner that supports our work and knows how to work with us. They don’t nickel-and-dime us along the way as we make changes. They’re responsive to our needs and they let us know when we go over budget. For example, with last year’s National Summit, we had detailed deliverables in their contract. It was our 10th anniversary and we decided we wanted a special display that wasn’t part of those deliverables. worked with us to get it done, knowing we could adjust the contract later. That’s the kind of strong relationship we have with them.

Their work style stands out to me. They work hard but we always have fun. We get quality products that don’t feel bland because our relationship is such that they really understand our work and us as an organization, which is so valuable when working with external vendors. We don’t have to hold their hands through projects. Some of our content is very difficult to grasp but they find a way to easily tell our story in a manner we couldn’t achieve ourselves.

What’s also particularly unique about them is they have a creative capacity that lets them think outside of the box while also being able to do more mechanical tasks like laying out a large report. It’s nice to have somewhere to go for both types of projects.

In the future, it could be helpful for them to have more staff to manage clients. However, I wouldn’t want that to take away from the great relationship we have with the owners. They may also add more services like video or web design, which could be a huge asset for them.

Communicate. When we work on projects with Buzzbomb, we’re upfront and clear about the directions we want to go in. We set the parameters based on our needs and they can develop ideas that push the envelope within those parameters.

Overall Score They're a fabulous company to work with. I would recommend them to anyone looking for graphic design.
    They always meet deadlines. We're usually the ones moving the deadlines around.
    I would rate them a 10 out of five if I could. They’re fairly priced in the market and they go above and beyond.
    Their work is always high quality and comes out exactly as we expected.
    We refer them regularly.

Rebranding for Political Nonprofit

"They understood our needs and found creative, thoughtful solutions to meet them."

June - Oct. 2017

Spearheading a rebranding campaign, Buzzbomb Creative helped clarify messaging, redesigned a website, created logos/taglines/print collateral, and oversaw marketing efforts.

Randy Cochran
Former COO, Vision America

The network grew from 200 to 1000 pastors and the number of donations increased. Creative and experienced, Buzzbomb developed nearly perfect designs that required little changing, while their ability to listen and guide the process made them a go-to partner.

When I worked with Buzzbomb, I was the COO of a non-profit organization that connected church pastors with the political sector.

What challenge were you trying to address with Buzzbomb Creative?

We had a new president and we were completely rebranding our organization. We were looking for a company to help us with our messaging and marketing.

Buzzbomb oversaw our rebranding process from start to finish, managing both strategy development and implementation. They helped us clarify our messaging and goals, redesigned our website, and created all of our logos, taglines, and print materials. They guided the whole process, helping us make better decisions.

I worked with two of their team members.

How did you come to work with them?

I worked with them on graphic design projects previously and loved the quality of their work.

We spent about $6,000.

The project started in June 2017 and it was completed in October 2017.

We were able to grow our network to almost a thousand pastors (it was about 200 when we started working with Buzzbomb). As our messaging became more clear, we saw an increase in the number of donations. The communication pieces Buzzbomb helped us create facilitated more interactions with politicians. I moved on from that company, but I'll definitely work with Buzzbomb again.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were easy to work with. They met our deadlines and were great at communicating and working collaboratively, especially when we were looking at the design pieces. They usually hit the mark the first time in terms of both graphic design and marketing, so we only had to do minor tweaks.

They listened to us and guided us in the right direction, giving more clarity and definition to everything we did. They brought a lot of creative ideas to the table and helped us think outside the box.

I can't think of anything.

They have a lot of ideas and sometimes they paint a picture with their words versus communicating the bottom line, so they could be more concise when expressing their ideas.

Overall Score They understood our needs and found creative, thoughtful solutions to meet them.
    They were always on time.
    They're reasonably priced.
    They're very creative and deliver a great product.
    I've referred them many times.

Typeset for Author

"If you’re tired of messing around with inferior results, he’s the guy to work with."

Buzzbomb Creative handled the typesetting design and the internal layout of the non-fiction book according to the concept and elements presented by the author.

Entrepreneur

Dallas Metro Area
Kevin Weaver
Author, Re_Orient

The book received positive feedback for its aesthetic and sold between 5,000 and 10,000. The typeset design and layout were top-notch that matched perfectly, eye-catching, readable and sophisticated. Buzzbomb Creative has great listening skills, outstanding creativity and willing to adapt accordingly.

Please describe your company.

I have a business incubator called Feasible. One division of the company is a publishing division, which is why I approached Paul [Sirmon, founder of Buzzbomb Creative].

What is your role at the company?

I’m the president and chief idea evangelist.

What was the challenge you were trying to address when you began working with Buzzbomb Creative?

I had authored the first in a serious of seven books, a nonfiction work called "Re_Orient." It’s a sizable challenge. It's a 650-page, full-color book, with gilded edges and foiling. I had been through several different editors and companies that were having problems typesetting and designing the internal layout. I was introduced to Paul to solve that problem.

I had the concept and basic elements of the design, color palette, and so on. Paul took the design to a whole new level, the typeset, the layout, and the font choices. The overall aesthetic of the project increased significantly when Paul got on board.

How long did the project take?

We worked together over the course of a year. It was completed around November or December of 2013.

This first project for the typeset was between $8,000 and $12,000. He probably put in about twice the amount of work, but he stuck with the budget.

What were the results of the work? Do you have any metrics or feedback to indicate the success of the project?

There are a million books published annually in the United States, and 99 percent don’t sell more than 1,500 copies. This book hasn’t even been in the trade yet, and it's sold between 5,000 and 10,000 by word of mouth. The number one feedback is the aesthetic of the book, which draws people to it initially. It's a very sophisticated design. It catches your eye immediately. It's really unlike a lot of books that are published. People would say no expense was spared but, in reality, it was the strength of Paul’s design.

This was a very tough book because not only is it nonfiction and historical, but there were a ton of biblical scripture references. The typeset was a beast. Multiple firms tried it and failed, and Paul made it look easy. People say it’s the best-looking book they’ve ever seen. It’s the first in a series of seven books, and Paul will do the remaining six for sure.

Prior to meeting Paul, we went through 10 or 15 different iterations. It was Paul’s design eye that found the right thing. The spacing and kerning of the font that we chose throughout the whole book was a real key. He led that charge. It took what could potentially be a very intimidating, theological topic for people, and made it very readable, light, and fun. A lot of that is the result of the font choice, spacing, and how the pages are laid out. The second most common feedback we get is how readable the book is, due to the font. Paul was instrumental in making these decisions.

How would you describe his performance?

Great. On a scale from one to 10, I would say 10. He listens, he's intuitive, [and] he's not overbearing. One of the challenges is that design is an art, not a science. It’s very subjective. A lot of artists I’ve worked with in the past have a particular style, and they have a tendency to force that on customers. That’s not Paul. He listens. He understood my goals. On the first try, he produced a prototype that was exactly what we were looking for, and that’s rare. I think he’s the best. He’s a great designer. If you’re tired of messing around with inferior results, he’s the guy to work with.

Not so much. Paul did a great job. He had a difficult task working with the publisher and the distributor. He had a lot of version management to deal with, and he did a first-class job. I wouldn’t change anything about his performance. If anything, I’ve tried to champion Paul.

Branding for Style Blogger

"I tell them all the time, and I say it with tears in my eyes, those guys brought me to life."

Buzzbomb Creative designed a brand image that was visually appealing on various media platforms. Their work included a logo, website and blog design, hand-drawn custom font, color scheme, and stationary design.

Chelsie Birks
Founder, Style Blog, My Glossy Life, and Celebrity Makeup Artist

Although the brand has not officially launched, the visuals have received positive feedback from the magazines, designers, and public relations professionals that she sent her new lookbook. Buzzbomb Creative has the ability to bring thoughts to life.

Please describe your business.

I am a writer and style blogger. I do everything from makeup artistry for red carpet events, [and] film and television to style creation and fashion collaboration.

What was your goal for working with Buzzbomb Creative?

I needed completely new branding. In the industry, my viewership ranges in age from 18 to 40, so that's a very large gap. I needed something that would be aesthetically pleasing to that entire age market, in addition to fitting in nicely with other fashion brands and logos. So, I wanted it to look nice and aesthetically pleasing alongside designers from Piperlime to Vogue, but also fit in nicely with the price point that an 18-year-old could afford like Marshalls. I needed them to create a brand for me that I could grow into, that would fit in nicely with editorial, and that covered a large gap and price ranges.

When I approached Buzzbomb, I had already done a lot of my market research, which is definitely something that they can do, and they're very thorough. So, there were a couple of areas that they were able to pick up on as far as other bloggers out there, and some of the things that they had done that I hadn't been able to pick up on. So, there were some areas where they were able to do some research that I hadn't been able to grasp.

They typically would hand a client a profile and ask them how they want somebody to feel when they go to the site, and what are the adjectives that they would use. I had already done a lot of that work. I was prepared going in. I knew exactly what I was looking for. I have a very good grip on my readers and clients, but those are things that they absolutely can do.

From that point, we were able to jump right into logo design. I expressed how I wanted it to feel, how I wanted it to look. To state that Paul and Carlos were able to read my mind is an understatement. They were able to pull things out of me that I didn't even know existed in me. They were able to wrap my brain around things I was trying to say, from color schemes to the design of the logo, which was all custom hand drawn. The fonts for my new site don't even exist. They are custom and hand drawn by Paul, so they can't even be recreated. They did Web design, blog design, blog layout, [and] color palette, all the way down to my stationary.

How long did the project take?

They would have been ready to go in three months, but for me it's taken five to five and a half months. So, it's finished. We're just waiting on a launch date. We're having a massive launch party, and being very strategic on the launch date, but it's been ready to go for a month and a half. All they have to do is hit activate, but I've put the stop button on that because next month is fashion week, and we're doing a big launch at that time.

What was your process for selecting Buzzbomb Creative with which to work?

Paul did a lot of design work for a church called Gateway Church. Paul worked for Gateway and was behind pretty much the launch of their website, all of their graphic design, everything behind Pastor Robert Morris' book writing and book layouts. I heard of Paul through the church. He had made a huge decision to branch out and create Buzzbomb, and pretty much everything I've seen Paul touch has turned to gold. He is extremely successful, he understands his client and knows how to make a design like a fingerprint. It really has a personal touch. It has a personal feel. Almost every one of his logos the font does not exist. He hand draws pretty much every logo and script so that it really is that of the owners. You can feel that in anything that he has designed.

Can you provide a cost estimate or work-hour figure to indicate the size of the work that they've done for you?

My project was between $25,000 and $30,000.

What results have you seen so far?

I've sent it to several designers because invitations had to go out for the launch party. We have put a look book together, so the way that it's been marketed is basically a magazine style. The pieces and elements of the website have been sent out to designers, magazines, P.R. [public relations] agents. Out of the 120 people it was sent to, all but two have asked me who did my work. Designers have seen my logo, and every single person has asked me where it came from. I know of four people that have already approached Paul and he is doing their sites.

How would you describe their performance?

It's very, "come into our home." There were very few times that I didn't get emotional in something that they shared. I can walk into their office, and sit in their big, fuzzy, yellow velour chairs. We could have coffee. I could kick my shoes off, sit barefooted, and talk it out. As I talked it out, Paul would be sitting there drawing something, and Carlos would be taking notes, listening to every single thing that I said. They were able to take the emotion of what I felt, and create something with my emotion.

They will be forever friends. Prior to that, they were people that I knew, they were acquaintances, and now I would call them friends. They are the coolest guys to work with. They will never treat you like a number or treat you like a client. They're going to treat you like you are family. When they invite you in, it's like you just walked into their living room.

When you work with Buzzbomb, you don't feel like a project. They make you feel like you are the most important person that has ever walked through the door, and what they specialize in is the ability to bring your thoughts to life. I know that sounds typical of a person that's doing branding, but they are able to articulate your thoughts, from the emotion that you feel to what you're trying to say, and convey that in a way that you don't even imagine possible.

I was really stuck in where I needed to go with the layout of my design. Having worked in the fashion industry as long as I have, and been behind red carpet events, and celebrity events, I felt pulled in one direction. Yet, a huge portion of my readership is faith based, so I felt really stuck, somewhere between this black and white. Through that, when they showed me the layout of the new blog, and it had gray all over it. That's what launched one of my sayings that's actually become a print that will be for sale in the new shop, which is, "I'm pretty black and white, but my best work and my greatest influence is found in the gray." They created that.

That came out of just words that I said because I looked at something that they designed. We had never discussed the word "gray." They just took my thoughts and feelings and created something with it. They have such an ability to hear your heart, and to create a place so that, when someone comes to your site or goes to your business, you feel like the words should be, "Do you like tea or coffee?" They're going to feel at home. They're going to feel that it's powerful and that they're a leader in the industry.

Buzzbomb is going to create something that you have to grow into, not something that is going to meet your needs right now. You're going to look at it and go, "Oh, my gosh. I need to get to work because this is bigger than me."

There really isn't. I cannot say enough good things about them. I tell them all the time, and I say it with tears in my eyes, those guys brought me to life. They truly did. They were life support for something that I felt maybe needed to go to the back burner. By telling me to move forward with every new little piece that they had done, they showed me new life. They're going to believe in their client when their client doesn't believe in themselves.

Logo and Mascot Design for Screen Printing Company

"They created a level of integrity for us that we couldn’t have created on our own."

Buzzbomb Creative designed the corporate logo and created a mascot for the utilization in their branding, marketing, advertisement campaign and on other collateral.

Dallas Metro Area
Brett Bowden
Founder, Printed Threads

A high-quality design had a great impact on people and the business' growth. Buzzbomb Creative produced quality design and met the set requirements. The team was highly original and creative throughout the project.

Could you provide a brief description of your company?

I own a company that prints T-shirts and does embroidery. We print about 30,000 shirts a week.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Buzzbomb Creative?

Essentially, we just wanted to be taken seriously in the marketplace. The first impression that you give people is your branding. As people walk into your door and see your sign, they already know if you have integrity or not based on the quality of your branding. That was really important for us to have, for people to see that we’re a good business from that standpoint. We’ve gotten to work with some cooler companies just by looking cool.

Could you describe the scope of the project?

They created our logo and they also created a mascot for us. The mascot is a character that we can use for advertisements. We actually have our own in house art staff, so from there, we were able to take what they gave us and put those images on the packaging and everything ourselves.

Did they assist with messaging or strategic elements of branding?

I’d guess that working with us is different for them because we do a lot of our own marketing and we have all those ideas already. We didn’t have to lean on them as much for that style of thinking. But, I know that they’ve done a great job with helping a lot of other people communicate their vision. We have a high level of communication skills, so we didn’t need as much help in that regard.

How long did the work take?

I think we had comps within a week, and they presented us with five different ideas. We picked the one that we liked, and we went back and forth just making slight tweaks on it. The whole process maybe took three weeks. It was really simple for us and very easy. They definitely nailed it. This was probably January of 2012.

How did you select Buzzbomb Creative?

I like their style. I had seen some logos and branding that they’ve done for other people, and I really liked it. I like their personality. For me, they’re a very easy company to work with. It was important for my style of business. We wanted to stand apart. We needed our branding to be appetizing to corporate America, but also still look good to people that are anti-corporate America. I just saw that he could do both, so it was easy for us.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

It’s a combination of a bunch of things why our business has grown as it has. In 2010, we did about $60,000 in sales. In 2014, we’re a multimillion-dollar company. We took what they created and ran with it. We created a bunch of marketing based on the designs. Time and time again, people tell us how much they love our branding and love what we do with it. I can only imagine that of the hundreds of people I talk to, there are thousands of people out there that think the same thing.

They created a level of integrity for us that we couldn’t have created on our own. You only get one first impression. People tend to go with businesses that have a really good look. There’s a reason they want to stay at a nice hotel versus a Motel 6.

How would you describe their performance?

They did everything right the first time. There weren’t a lot of crazy revisions or things like that. It was all very simple. They were extremely easy for us to work with. It was a great experience. I don’t have any complaints. I feel like I’m in debt to him just through helping make us who we are. I think it’s made a huge impact on our business.

When working with them, is there anything you’d consider unique or special about them compared to other vendors you’ve used?

I don’t know that we’ve worked with a lot of companies that do something similar to that. We’ve definitely worked with a lot of designers, but there’s something so different about designing the face of a company. The little details are so much more important. I work with a lot of designers that can throw something together really fast, but if they have to take the time and spend 100 hours on one specific thing, they can’t focus on it for that long. They want to churn it out and move on to the next thing. I guess having great concentration and a steady hand is unique.

One thing that’s really cool is seeing the process of everything being sketched out before it was vectorized on the computer. Being great at working with programs like Illustrator and Photoshop is one thing, but being able to actually use your hands to create something with a pencil and a piece of paper is another. The fact that they can do both is huge. There are a lot of graphics firms that only do graphics on the computer and they use a lot of stock images and just work around them to make them look slightly different. All of Buzzbomb’s designs are created straight from scratch, and it’s really cool.

In retrospect, are there areas you think they could improve upon?

Everyone has room for improvement. But, there’s nothing that I can pinpoint, nothing that comes to mind. As far as our experience, everything was solid. It was really great.