Making life more user-friendly

We specialize in creating custom web software and applications. We use modern technologies across the whole stack, and deploy a cloud infrastructure that scales and adapts with ease.

2018
Orem, UT
  • Orem, UT 84057

Website Redesign for a Restaurant Software Company

"Busy Human listens to their customers’ wants and needs, providing expert services on the development side."

Dec. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Busy Human redesigned an outdated website to reflect the complexity of the software being sold. The team developed the backend on WordPress. They took provided design files for the frontend.

Dublin, Ireland
Di Lewis
Content Director, Synergy Suite

The platform will be launched soon, and it’s looking positive. Busy Human balances technical expertise with seamless communication. Their team is transparent and proactive. Their efficient and hardworking approach spurred the opportunity for future engagement.

I’m the director of content for SynergySuite, a restaurant technology company that provides backend software for various restaurant chains.

What challenge were you trying to address with Busy Human?

We had an outdated site that didn’t reflect the sophistication of the software we were selling. Our website needed to be modernized, easier to navigate, and have a better user flow for our prospective clients.

We were moving from a WYSIWYG platform onto WordPress. Busy Human built the entire backend. A member of our marketing team did the frontend design, then provided the files to Busy Human which showcased the look and feel we wanted. Then their team began the development.

Jonathan (Owner, Busy Human) was our primary contact, and we also worked with two other members of his team that would sit in on calls and work with us. They may have had additional people working on the backend, but I’m not sure.

How did you come to work with Busy Human?

I had worked with Jonathan in a previous position of mine. When he founded his own company, and I moved to another position, I knew that based on past experiences that Jonathan was the type of person who listens to his customer’s needs and is methodical about ensuring everything is taken care of. I knew they would be an excellent fit for what we were looking for. Since our company is growing, Jonathan was able to work with us on a variety of budget options and price points.

We spent roughly $11,000.

We worked with Busy Human on the platform between December 2018–March 2019.

After an internal QA process, our site is set to go live this week. I’m anticipating working with Jonathan and his team in the future on new pages and other features. Throughout the engagement, we were focused on the look and feel and UX of the platform, so we plan on tracking metrics in terms of time spent on the site. There have also been SEO improvements, so we’re looking forward to seeing a rise in organic traffic. Busy Human listens to their customers’ wants and needs, providing expert services on the development side. Their team focuses on getting work done on time.

How did Busy Human perform from a project management standpoint?

Jonathan was proactive in reaching out to our team and organizing regular meetings. He was able to communicate updates throughout the project. At one point, we ended up creating two templates that weren’t in the original scope of work. He was excellent at detailing why that happened, explaining our options, and then working to find the best ones. It was a seamless process overall.

I’ve been involved in numerous web redesigns with companies with a larger budget, so there’s a slight difference. I’ve seen companies struggle with the communication aspect, which can put a damper on the project management. Easy communication is crucial when managing a client’s concerns and keeping them up to date. Busy Human is proactive in that regard, so it’s been nice.

I mentioned that there was a change in scope due to a mix-up. Jonathan didn’t realize initally that we sent over two more templates than expected in our initial scope of the project. As soon as he notices, their team let us know to make sure everything was running according to the original scope of work. But ultimately, the extra templates didn’t end up being significantly more expensive.

I’ve had an excellent experience with Busy Human. Customers should feel free to ask questions and determined how involved they want to be in the process. Jonathan is an incredibly talented developer but has a level of communication that I haven’t seen with others I’ve worked with in the past. He explains all technical aspects effectively. Clients should also be open about their goals because Jonathan can communicate in return.

Overall Score It was a great experience overall.
    We had a few deadlines pushed back, but some of those were on our end.