Mobile | Cloud | .NET | SharePoint

Businessware Technologies has been serving clients worldwide for over a decade.  Our company focuses on the development of applications that improve business productivity, such as KPI systems, dashboards, CRM software, workflow management, enterprise communication systems, and mobile applications.

We can set up a dedicated team tailored to your needs or create an application based on your requirements for a fixed price. We focus in mobile development, .NET, SharePoint, Azure and AWS.

Our Team

We have a team of more than 70 highly skilled professionals specializing in designing, developing, implementing and supporting of complex software applications. All of them have at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science. More than half have 10-20 years' experience in developing and delivering solutions for a variety of industries. Each employee has a high qualification and constantly improves it. We have an extremely low employee turnover rate, measured in a few percent points.

Our Customers

95% of our clients are return customers and most of them have been with us for the last five years or more. We work with Fortune 500 companies and with startups. Our clients are from different industries, including airlines, consumer electronics, insurance and health management, investment and retail banking, and IT consulting.

Our strength

We are capable of performing complex programming tasks, solving non-trivial software development problems. We can quickly create prototypes and then develop it to refined finished products. Our strategy is always to build long-term relationships with our customers, and we do that by outperforming their expectations. Excellence delivered is what we strive for.

Certifications: Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Amazon Partner Network Consulting Partner.

2003
AUSTIN, TX

American Airlines, Delta, Samsung, Microsoft, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Baring Vostok Capital Partners, Amway, AQR Capital Management, International Management Group, Alcoa, Nytec, Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Burger King.

Long-term Dev Engagement for Technology Firm

"[They have] good hiring and training processes, and ... very little turnover."

2001 - Ongoing

Businessware supplies on-demand engineering resources who develop business automation solutions using the Microsoft stack. The engagement remains ongoing.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Founder

Strengths include a clear commitment to product quality, superior written communications, and minimal unexpected turnover when it comes to resource assignments.

We're an IT [information technology] consultant working on everything from websites to custom software. I'm a business consultant for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Businessware Technologies?

We've typically used Businessware Technologies for engineering support.

I'm a business consultant working on specs and functional requirements on site. I then use their programming team to develop the software itself.

We mostly use Microsoft technologies, primarily .NET and SQL Server. We've worked on internal business automation software for companies.

One of our clients is an aluminum recycler based in Pittsburgh that needed warehouse automation, materials tracking, and business process automation. They received different types of materials that needed to be processed for recycling and they needed to track the items throughout the process in order to locate them easily for shipment. The client had nothing to start with, so we went through a business process analysis and documentation phase, and used Businessware Technologies to build the solution from scratch.

I typically document functional requirements and insert them into a workable document. Businessware Technologies works with FSDs [functional specification documents] or SRS [software requirements specification]-type documents, starting out with what they call vision documents, which include screens as well as functional elements. This is usually a good place to start when doing estimates.

There were 3–4 people from Businessware Technologies' team who worked on the project, including a team lead, a senior person in charge of specs, and around 2 programmers. We have worked with Businessware Technologies on larger projects, using up to 6 coders.

How did you come to work with Businessware Technologies?

Businessware Technologies approached me while I was doing some consulting in Indianapolis for a client. I was managing our relationships with offshore partners, so Businessware Technologies' email came to me, and I sent them a small engagement.

How much have you invested with Businessware Technologies?

Businessware Technologies work has amounted to tens of thousands of man-hours, but I can't provide specific figures.

We have been working with Businessware Technologies for 16 years. The project for our recycler client has been finished, and we continue to handle its maintenance. We have larger ongoing projects with Businessware Technologies.

In terms of automation processes, I'm sure we've saved clients millions of dollars through the years. This is our primary focus.

How did Businessware Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Microsoft Project on a consistent basis in our collaboration with Businessware Technologies, but we've used other tools like TeamGantt and Basecamp.

What did you find most impressive about Businessware Technologies?

The consistent quality of Businessware Technologies' resources is outstanding, compared to other companies I've used. Businessware Technologies has good hiring and training processes, and they have very little turnover. I am working with the same resources now as I did a long time ago.

Are there any areas Businessware Technologies could improve?

Businessware Technologies' written communication is good overall. Spoken language varies from developer to developer, so we tend to work mainly by chat and email. This could be an area for improvement.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Businessware Technologies?

Clients should have some idea of the specs they're putting together. Businessware Technologies will help in this regard, and they have written specs for our company, but it certainly helps to put thoughts down on paper. Working with someone who is not at the next desk requires some organizational discipline.

Businessware Technologies is not as cheap as other similar firms, but they're very good at what they do.

Software Development for Intellectual Property Consultancy

"Businessware is very easy to work with and they make very good technological decisions."

Businessware Technologies was selected to provide software development and maintenance.

Portland, Oregon
CTO, Innovation Asset Group

The software has received overwhelmingly positive feedback. A Fortune 500 company recently deployed one of the latest software pieces, and they were satisfied. Businessware Technologies communicates well, provides great technical knowledge, and makes smart architectural decisions.

Innovation Asset Group deals with intellectual property related matters for different companies. Specifically, we work with the entire intellectual property life cycle, from the beginning where an idea takes place, to submitting to invention, rating it for its business worth and value, filing patent applications, following it through with the United States Patent and Trademark Office [USPTO] or European equivalent, getting a patent application, keeping up with it, calculating the work and so on. This would basically be the entire life cycle.

We create software tools to manage this life cycle and it is in this capacity that Businessware is helping us write software. I worked with Businessware for over eight years throughout my career in various capacities and I’m still coming back to them.

I’m the Chief Technology Officer [CTO] in the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Businessware?

We wanted to create software for our client use.

They have been mainly involved in software development. There’s also been some software maintenance.

How did you come to work with Businessware?

I evaluated 2,000 companies. I contacted them with certain problems to solve. I think it was about database synchronization and I asked all of them to propose how they would go about doing our project.

Using this elimination process, I narrowed it down to 10 - 12 companies. Then, I flew over to Russia to talk to them and see what their operations are, how well they could scale the processes. The dozen companies were narrowed down to 3 and from that point on it was just a business decision on which company we were going to use.

This year we spent $200,000. There are projects of various sizes. The large projects are one year in duration.

It has been ongoing for many years with no plans to stop.

User feedback indicates that our clients are extremely happy. One of the latest software pieces was recently deployed by a Fortune 500 company in Beaverton, OR and they’re super happy with it.

How did Businessware perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m completely satisfied. Businessware is very easy to work with and they make very good technological decisions. They have a very smart team in Russia. I met the team in person and worked with them at their facilities for quite a few weeks. It’s a perfect symbiosis between them and us.

What distinguishes Businessware from other providers?

They speak very good English. They’re highly educated and they can perform proficiently on the entire software stack, ranging from database design to communication, user interface, design and implementation. We work with everything from horizontal to vertical applications which are massively scalable. On these we use only Microsoft Azure cloud based software which serves like software as a service model.

Is there anything Businessware could have improved or done differently?

We have been growing together. We have worked in such harmony that any problems that we encountered initially have been resolved by now. In that sense, I can say there’s nothing negative I can comment on.

As long as you’re producing some very clear requirements, Businessware is able to clearly articulate all the business needs very precisely. They will follow specification documents down to the letter and warn you of potential problems...
    I’ve recommended Businessware several times. They are a certified Independent Software Vendor [ISV] so they come highly recommended from Microsoft and have their quality approval.

Sharepoint Development for Manufacturing Company

"They did exactly what we asked them to do.... we have received a lot of good feedback."

Businessware Technologies customized the Sharepoint enterprise CMS to improve sales and help employees perform job functions and communicate.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Program Director, Manufacturing Firm

The CRM system was working well, with fifty users worldwide who submit and approve documents. It received a lot of positive feedback and was responsive on mobile phones, tablets, and computers. Businessware Technologies did exactly what they're asked to do.

We manufacture generators for power stations in the oil and gas industry.

I am the program director. I’m in charge of internal strategic projects related to the development of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Businessware?

We didn’t have a lot of IT talent at the moment to support our business. We had a customer relationship management [CRM] system and we wanted to use tools that could help us to do more on sales and project management. We worked with Businessware Technologies to develop workflows for Sharepoint.

It’s mainly development work that Businessware Technologies helps us with. We specify our needs and they come up with a project plan. They get back to us with questions and we build a solution in this order. Once we agree on what is to be done, they deliver the product.

How did you come to work with Businessware?

We try to work with IT partners that can do something very customized. We don’t want to reuse existing modules that make us change our needs to suit what they can do. We like that Businessware always tries to deliver exactly what we require.

We appreciate Businessware’s flexibility on client requirements. I’m not the person who found them, and I’m not sure how we identified them as a potential partner. We identified a couple of companies in the UK and they were the best of the group.

The project cost is under $10,000.

The work is completed for the moment, but we will likely ask them to do further development for us. It’s not a lot of work but maybe a week or two of hard work at a time.

They created a system to approve documents which is used worldwide in the company. The system has 50 users who submit documents and approve documents, and it is working really well. They’re in the United States, England, Japan, etc. It’s used on mobile phones, tablets, and computers. In terms of development time, it took about 4 - 6 weeks on their side.

How did Businessware perform from a project management standpoint?

We are satisfied. They did exactly what we asked them to do. If the system is having problems, it’s because we didn’t specify properly to begin with. It’s widely used within the company at the moment and we have received a lot of good feedback.

What distinguishes Businessware from other providers?

I have nothing else to share.

Is there anything Businessware could have improved or done differently?

So far, I’m happy with the way they work. I don’t have anything else to say. As the collaboration grows, we’ll have more comments in the future. At the moment, the software is quite responsive. The price is accurate as well. We get what we pay for and what we ask.

Overall Score I’m not sure I would recommend them for a multi-million dollar development project because it’s not what I worked with them on so far. But to do a small or a medium-sized development project, I would recommend Businessware Technologies.