A Lean Digital Agency.

The Brown Cows is a digital agency focusing on helping brands maximise their presence in South East Asia.

More importantly we're a lean digital agency. That’s how we like things. From briefs, to ideas, to solutions. Even if the task seems complicated, our first objective is to simplify it. Got a big problem? Let The Brown Cows give it a go and see if we can’t knock it down a size or two. Our focus lies in:

• Digital & Social

Ho Chi Minh City 700000
    Vietnam
  • Singapore

Social Media & Digital Marketing for Travel Finance Company

"We saw huge increases in conversion rates across all channels..."

May - Nov. 2017

The Brown Cows created digital content and operated digital marketing campaigns for a travel booking platform. They also developed digital material to expand social media influence on Facebook.

Sydney, Australia
Thomas Aouad
Co-founder, Financial Analyst

The Brown Cows' efforts successfully increased conversion rates. The work led to a dramatic increase in customer acquisitions. Workflow and communications were highly effective, despite timezone differences.

Holipay is an easy way to book a holiday and spread the payment over 12 equal weekly installments. An account is easy to open and is available through a variety of travel providers serving travellers online and in-store. Holipay’s fees are clear and we don’t charge interest. Unlike traditional layby, you can take your holiday despite outstanding instalment payments.

Travel providers choose Holipay as we introduce new customers, increase conversion rates and increase the average ticket size. That boosts your bottom line without any additional effort, and you never have to worry about fraud and repayment risk, as we pay you on the same business day. My position at the company was centered around developing Holipay's proprietary transaction risk assessment processor (TRAP). Through risk assessment, we were able to gather large amounts of privileged data on our users that we subsequently used to help target our digital marketing campaigns.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Brown Cows?

The Brown Cows were hired by Holipay to create digital content as well as plan, run, evaluate and calibrate Holipay's digital marketing campaigns. The team at Holipay thoroughly enjoyed working with The Brown Cow's team. All our expectations going into the partnership were exceeded. We would not hesitate to employ their services again or to recommend them to others.

The goal of the project was to launch Holipay's first lareg digital marketing campaign.

After searching far and wide for an agency to assist us we eventually stumbled across the Brown Cows team and were impressed by the caliber and knowledge of their experienced team. We had a couple of web interviews with their team in Saigon, whilst we were in Sydney, and knew after these initial meetings that our project was in safe hands.

•  Responsible for customer acquisition strategy development and implementation
  • - Core focus on Facebook, conversion rate optimisation (CRO)
  • - Developing digital material in various mediums to aid in expanding our channel mix
  • - Collecting and reporting on digital marketing analytics
  • - Social media influencer introductions and management

Simply put Dan was the man. He built a great relationship with Holipay's team and was able to understand our needs, as well as our budget. Dan also was backed by an equally incredible team, who were as passionate about helping Holipay achieve its goals as the Holipay team were themselves.

We saw huge increases in conversion rates across all channels, but especially those that we highlighted as our core channels. We saw overall a dramatic increase in customer acquisitions.

The workflow was friction-less. Dan managed the majority of communications between the Holipay team and the The Brown cows team. Even though our team was Located in Australia and theirs in Vietnam there was not a single issue. Dan handled it amazingly and the time-zones lined up great.

I want to say their price but even that was overshadowed by the level of care they showed for Holipay's product and goals. I often forgot that they weren't our in-house marketing team.

None that were important enough to remember.

Branding for Insurtech App

"It was a powerful trifecta: communication, simplicity, and quality."

Oct. 2019 - Jan. 2020

The Brown Cows created branding materials and strategy as well as a website for an insurtech app.

Vietnam
Co-Founder, Insurtech Project

The branding is still launching but has so far seen tripled conversion rates in testing. The Brown Cows delivered high-quality work and led a smooth workflow marked by clear communication, promptness, openness to feedback, and flexibility.

I'm working to build a InsurTech app focused on the SE Asian market.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Brown Cows?

There are a lot of apps in the particular space I'm occupying, and I needed help with creating a brand identity that speaks to the local consumer. Hence I wanted to stand out -- and find the right positioning -- while also appealing to my target audience.

I wanted:

• Better customer intelligence.
  • A strong brand identity.
  • Brand guidelines and positioning
  • A website along with some basic collateral.

I met Tony in Vietnam previously, and we got along really well. They're both very professional, with a perceptive ear to the market.

In summary, I asked for:

• A brand-strategy.
  • A website plus basic collateral.

I intended to present this fairly complex project with an open mind, which I learned was a good strategy. Tony and Dan quickly picked the complexities apart, found angles I hadn't even thought of, and presented me with a strong solution. All in all, they showed proof of great creativity as well as business acumen. I presented the challenge and offered brief guidelines. BC, in turn, took the problem and ran with it.

I dealt mostly with Tony, but they were both easy to get a hold of. Communication, overall, was super-smooth. Far better than most agencies I've worked with.

We're still working to fully deploy this project, but initial testing has been very positive. Initial conversion-rates tripled with the new identity as compared to the previous beta-product.

Here's where I think BC really shone. Super-smooth communication and a clear breakdown of deliverables. I knew what to expect, and they delivered -- on time and with top quality stuff. They were also receptive to feedback, and happy to make certain alterations and iterate.

It was a powerful trifecta: communication, simplicity, and quality. Both Tony and Dan are super-cool guys that are easy to work with, and equally easy to get a hold of. Communication was always timely. I was also impressed by their ability to take a complex problem and not only break it down into key deliverables, but also present new angles I hadn't thought of. It was all top-quality stuff.

Honestly, not much I can think of at the moment. There were some iterations to be done, but that's to be expected, and they were very eager to get this done right. I understand it's a small agency, and it would be great if they expanded their in-house capacity down the road, but for now that wasn't much of an issue.

Branding and Marketing for Food Discovery Mobile App

"I couldn't believe how quickly the concepts for our ad campaigns were delivered."

Mar. 2017 - Feb. 2019

The Brown Cows developed the company’s brand presence and guidelines as well as all collateral marketing material for the website, app, social media, etc. they also took care of digital marketing efforts.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Brian Becker
CEO, The Dish

There was an easy and efficient collaboration as their leadership team had a clear grasp of project needs and knew how to implement them adequately. The Brown Cows ran several ad campaigns that dramatically boosted growth.

I am the CEO of a food discovery mobile app. We locate and document the most popular dishes in major cities around the world and highlight that content for our users.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Brown Cows?

We were looking to develop a brand and style that didn't distract from the food content that we presented, but also had a memorable and distinct personality. We also needed that personality to be translated over to our digital ad campaigns.

We hoped to streamline our brand creation and the process of digital asset creation. We needed someone to take the reins on our marketing so that we could focus on app and business development.

I met the founders, Dan and Tony, through my network in SE Asia. After speaking with the two of them, I realized just how complimentary their skill sets were and that they could provide exactly what I needed.

• Create and develop a brand presence that reflected our values.
  • Develop design guidelines for the brand that we could employ across all digital mediums, including app development, web presence, social media, and ads.
  • Digital ad campaign idea creation.
  • Digital ad campaign execution.
  • Social Media Management and analytics.

I worked directly with Dan on a regular basis. The relationship was extremely low friction as he has a solid grasp on our needs and how to implement them with his team.

We were able to launch multiple ad campaigns that they created that led to a huge influx of user growth.

Extremely effective as the only point of contact I ever needed was Dan. There was very little superfluous communication and no unneeded meetings.

Their quick response and turn around time. I couldn't believe how quickly the concepts for our ad campaigns were delivered.

I would have preferred to work just with their in-house team on a video campaign we worked on, but they didn't have those capabilities. However, they had a quick recommendation for an agency that could do what we needed and they handled much of the communication and dealings with the vendor.

Digital Marketing for Senior Care Provider

"The process they have combined with flexibility to adapt to our needs is very impressive."

0.5

Mar. 2019 - Jan. 2020

The Brown Cows provided digital marketing for an elderly care group with the aim of increasing sales.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Cristian Andrei Andriesei
CPO, JPE Care

The Brown Cows successfully refined and reshaped the marketing campaign. Their efforts led to a 30% increase in lead generation.

I am the Co-founder and CPO of the JPE Care group, one of the largest elderly care groups in SE Asia

Digital Marketing with a Malaysian specific approach

Increase our sales by 40% in a 6-10 months

Reference from a previous colleague

Fine tune our existing digital marketing campaign, implement remarketing tactics and further user segmentation and improve our sales funnels

My team worked closely with Tony.

Pillar and Eldershare, two branches of the group saw 30% increase in lead generation.

Communication was frictionless

Increase the pace without affecting quality.