Market Research. Customer Psychology. Innovation.

Brilliant Experience is a market research, user experience, and customer psychology studio. We offer research and insights for the world’s most innovative brands by understanding their customers inside and out. Through cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research, we unravel the “why” behind your customers’ behavior. You’ll get fresh psychological insights that drive your strategic direction and help you envision radically intuitive experiences.

Most clients contact us to help them:

- Identify market opportunities through ethnography, mobile diary studies, contextual interviews, and innovation workshops

- Launch the right product through usability testing, agile/lean testing, rapid prototyping and A/B testing, and expert evaluations

- Optimize a product or service over time through quantitative research, ongoing experience measurement, competitor ranking, eye-tracking/biometric studies, coaching, and service design

Bethesda, MD
  • 6701 Democracy Blvd, Suite 300
    Bethesda, MD 20817

Google, PayPal, Bloomberg, Capital One, Cisco, GlaxoSmithKline, Thomson Reuters, Johns Hopkins University Press, National Institutes of Health (NIH), American Chemical Society

User Research for Large Technology Company

“They’re remarkably thorough. They understood the details and questioned us when they noticed something was missing.”

Mar. - May 2018

Brilliant Experience supported U.S. research efforts for a large technology company. They conducted user surveys, coordinated face to face interviews, and helped with data analysis.

10,001+ Employee

UX Researcher, Large Technology Company

Brilliant Experience exceeded all expectations and helped gather all the necessary data to complete the project. They provided an easy rapport and were eager to take on extra responsibilities. They were communicative and trustworthy.

I am a U.S. researcher at a large online company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brilliant Experience?

We were researching how young people use mobile phones. We discovered that teens and young adults were using our product less than our older audience, so our goal was to understand the alternatives younger people were using instead of our product. We wanted a team to help us with that research.

They helped us with the logistics for the U.S. portion of our research. They were so enthusiastic and smart that we ultimately used them in the analysis portion of the project as well. They ran an ongoing digital survey for five days. It involved several hundred respondents that we had to keep track of.

There was a video diary section that about 30 people participated in, which we narrowed down to a small group we wanted to meet in person. Brilliant coordinated all the face to face interviews, in person analysis sessions, and the issues that arose during our field work. There was a lot of legwork involved, but they managed all of their tasks well.

I worked with two people who acted as project managers. One oversaw our day-to-day interaction with participants and both of them were involved in our analysis sessions.

How did you come to work with Brilliant Experience?

We reached out to a large consultancy who wasn’t able to take on the project but recommended Brilliant Experience as a good alternative. I spoke with them and several other vendors. Brilliant really understood my goals and requirements and asked a lot of smart questions. Their bid came out in the middle of the quotes we received, so we decided to use them.

We worked together between March–May 2018.

They exceeded my expectations on every measure. They were great communicators and explained everything to us. They were upfront about any delays and had a good mitigation plan to deal with issues. They answered all our questions and we had an easy rapport with them.

We got all the data we needed and had no major hiccups with our field research. All the participants were honest about their identities and we found no cases of fraud. The whole project was completed in a timely manner and we were satisfied with everything they delivered.

How did Brilliant Experience perform from a project management standpoint?

They went the extra mile to make sure we got what we needed. They were eager to be involved in the analysis and thought through all the topics and materials we had to cover. I’ve worked with a lot of vendors, but very few of them were as thorough or as willing to do so much for us.

We mostly communicated through email or video conferencing. We spoke two or three times a week and would fill in the rest of the information by email.

They’re remarkably thorough. They understood the details and questioned us when they noticed something was missing. They were on top of all my needs. They were also very easy to communicate with, either over email, video, or face to face. They gave a good impression and they were there to help me.

I don’t have any recommendations for them, but would love it if they opened their research capabilities up to international projects.

I often guard myself with vendors, but I found it was best to overshare with Brilliant. They were trustworthy and I could share any internal issues with them and feel safe. They helped make sure I accomplished my goals. Have an open, trusting relationship with them and you’ll get the results you want.

Overall Score They felt like a part of the team. I really trusted them and this could easily become an ongoing relationship.
    They met my expectations and were excellent with scheduling. They never disappointed me.
    They offered a competitive price among the bids we received and we were happy with the money we spent on this project.
    They were the best vendor I have arranged a research immersion trip with. They offered the highest quality of service I've experienced.
    I just recommended them to a colleague.