We Make Brands Mean More

BrandJuice is one of the country's most successful boutique brand strategy, innovation and design agencies. We work across a broad range of industries with mid-market and large-cap companies seeking to increase the value of their brands, drive customer acquisition and invent the revenue streams of tomorrow.

We believe great brands are powerful assets built on a foundation of artful strategy—clear brand positioning and remarkable creativity. Our dynamic and proven process is grounded in a philosophy we call Inspired Realism. We explore the parallel worlds of your customers to shake up the perceptions of what is possible, and uniquely position your brand to launch ideas into action.

BrandJuice is where revelation meets productivity. Where brands are built to MEAN MORE.

1999
BrandJuice
1700 East 17th Avenue Suite 200
Denver, CO 80218
BrandJuice
2611 1st Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408
BrandJuice West Palm Beach, FL

Key clients include: Procter and Gamble, General Mills, Coca-Cola, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, The Clorox Company, Trimble, CA Technologies, Odwalla, Olay, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Denver International Airport, VISIT DENVER, Gilette, Dish Network, MARS, Johnson & Johnson, MGMA, Bona, Case Logic, Kimberly Clark, Pepsi, The Children's Hospital, Boston Scientific, Verizon, AT&T

Brand Identity & Messaging for Medical Practice Company

"When it comes to the big picture and creating a vision, that's where BrandJuice shines."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

June 2016 - Ongoing

To differentiate from competitors, maintain communication with traditional members, and to attract a new audience, BrandJuice created a brand style guide and is leading the design of an updated website.

Englewood, Colorado
Todd Evenson
Chief Operating Officer, MGMA

Committed to the overall strategic vision, combined with their creative approach and tonality, BrandJuice has the full suite of capabilities to bring a brand to the next level. The new visual identity has already attracted new customers and has elicited tons of positive feedback.

Medical Group Management Association was formed in 1926, over 90 years ago. We are focused on the business side of medical practice. Our organization focuses on improving the performance of medical group practices as well as the leaders within those organizations to deliver the highest quality care possible.

I’m the chief operating officer. I’ve been at MGMA since 2006 and started within the organization as a researcher. Soon thereafter, I took on a leadership role in our data solutions and research department. I took the lead of our consulting group a few years back, and then it was two years ago that I ended up taking on this role when Dr. Halee Fischer-Wright joined us as the CEO for MGMA.

What challenge were you trying to address with BrandJuice?

We recognized that as an association, we needed to look at our customer base and think about how we can remain relevant in both our visual identity and the way we communicate with our audience. We needed to find a way to maintain the relationships with our traditional members along with attracting a new audience. We needed help in coming up with the right tonality and messaging as well as a strategy for representing ourselves visually in the market space.

We had worked with a branding agency about three years ago. We had a good experience with them, but we recognized that the market had changed and continues to change. It was important for us to look towards our assets and really ensure they meant a longer term approach.

BrandJuice spent a great deal of time interviewing members, customers, and non-members alike from a variety of demographics. Since we are a national organization, they targeted regional audiences and specific age groups to figure out how we can connect to them in the best way. We knew in order to be relevant, we would have to speak to those audiences in ways that resonated. BrandJuice went through extensive research to help us hone in on that particular voice.

The process began with developing a value proposition for primary service lines. We recognized that our traditional membership base was a service line that needed a true value proposition. BrandJuice presented four strategies for how we should speak to this audience and have a value proposition that resonates.

Beyond tonality, we also needed to have a visual identity that was more cohesive. If you had looked at our website compared to our fellow colleagues and competitors in the space, it did not differentiate well. BrandJuice worked with us on creating a new color palate and style guide. That work then migrated to our marketing materials, including our membership brochure.

They also worked with us on aligning our video strategy with our repositioned brand. During that process, we decided to redo our website which will relaunch on January 1st. BrandJuice has been active in defining the look and feel of the website and its tonality.

I work with several folks there. Andrea [Managing Director, BrandJuice] is the managing director and the primary point of contact as we went through the contracting process. Amanda [Director, BrandJuice] is another person that’s active on a pretty much day to day basis as it relates to the work that we have going on. Heather [Director of Creative Services, BrandJuice] is another one that’s focused as a director of our creative services. We have a high degree of engagement with her. Our account lead is Lizzy [Strategist, BrandJuice]. She’s the strategist for our account.

How did you come to work with BrandJuice?

We had the opportunity to talk to several folks within the community that had great experiences working with BrandJuice. It was through that word of mouth that our CEO, Dr. Halee Fischer-Wright, reached out to BrandJuice to talk to them about our challenges.

We recognized that we have a great internal team, but it's often very difficult to reposition an entire brand while still doing your day job. We knew that BrandJuice could add a lot of high-end talent, guidance, and strategic work while our internal team could focus on the execution of their own work.

When we looked into the market space, we talked to some of BrandJuice's references. We had a kickoff meeting with them, they created a proposal, and then we initiated the relationship going forward.

We've spent around $1.3-$1.4 million.

We started working together in May or June 2016 and the work is ongoing.

All the foundational work is complete at this point. We’ve already started to recognize in the market space that people are seeing our new visual identity and are attracted towards it. We developed a KPI report that we’re just starting to work through at this point. My hope is within the next 2 to 3 months we’ll have some clear evidence as to the overall impact. We have our annual conference coming up in October whereby the preponderance of that visual campaign will be introduced and it will be at that point that we’ll see the effectiveness of that work.

How did BrandJuice perform from a project management standpoint?

Each week, we have a call led by Lizzy [Strategist, BrandJuice],  Heather [Director of Creative Services, BrandJuice], as well as Amanda [Director, BrandJuice] and Kim [Senior Designer, BrandJuice]. They each will spend time giving updates on their work performance. They handle what that agenda looks like and the topics we’re going to discuss. They’ll coordinate the activities of the review of particular aspects that need to be looked at by the team.

I’m really impressed by two spaces. First, from a true repositioning and overarching strategic vision standpoint, they're exceptional. They do a really good job of understanding the audience that we're working towards. They always took our feedback with class. Every time we pushed back and asked for more, they exceeded our expectations in the product that came after.

The other space that they’ve done really well in is their tonality. Their creative influence has really helped our team push past our boundaries. In creating our brand guideline, they also exposed our team to different types of thinking which helped them grow as well.

At the end of the day, it’s evident that they’re exceptional on a strategic level. When it comes to the execution of smaller pieces and more product-driven deliverables, I don't see that as the orientation of their organization. When it comes to the big picture and creating a vision, that's where BrandJuice shines.

Overall Score It’s been a great experience. They’re a team that’s willing to work with us. It’d be hard for us to ask for more.
    They’re really strong in scheduling meetings. They’re good in communication. From a timing perspective, we’ve been behind on a couple of projects in terms of their deliverables.
    They’re worth every penny in terms of what we spent.
    When it comes to the strategic aspects of the work, that’s where I found them to be exceptional. As we moved into smaller types of products and deliverables, I found that wasn’t the ideal space that they work in.
    I know I would recommend them.

Marketing for Positioning & Location Tracking Company

"No matter who you’re working with, you feel like you’re working with the same tone, style, and team delivery."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

To effectively target consumers, separate from competitors, and distinguish the company as the leader in their market, BrandJuice led the creation of a new messaging, marketing strategy, and go-to-market efforts.

Sunnyvale, California
Michelle Chessler
Marketing Director, Trimble

The talented team at BrandJuice is simply fun to work with. They are unafraid to delve into projects, understand new industries, and deliver quality products, making it an enjoyable process along the way. The new messaging they created has already delivered revolutionary results.

Trimble is a positioning and location tracking company. We have hardware and software solutions that help with the precision location for land-based industries including agriculture, construction, building construction, and surveying. We target construction personnel, contractors, surveyors, and people who are working with the Earth and provide solutions to give them the precise location of where they need to dig, build, or survey.

I’m responsible for our integrative marketing strategy which is all of the outbound marketing tactics that include brand, messaging, communications, PR, advertising, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with BrandJuice?

Our company struggles with marketing and messaging. We are a company that found success in technology and innovation. We invented a product and people came to us which made marketing less of a priority because we were the only solution. As competitors began to enter our market, we realized that competing on features and technology was not working.

I was brought in to help with positioning, messaging, and upgrading how we went to market. I started in the construction and civil engineering space. When I came in, Trimble had just acquired a few different companies and they were having a hard time stitching the story together of who their company had become and where they were going as a business. I started with a positioning exercise that led me to contact BrandJuice to help with defining our main unified message that we could communicate inwardly and externally based on who we were targeting.

The first project they did was a process where we defined our lead message statement and adjusted it depending on whether we were talking to owners, engineers or contractors. We came up with what BrandJuice calls "Reasons to Believe" which are supporting statements of why you can make the claim that you’re the best. If you say you’re the best at something, prove it.

This was revolutionary for Trimble. They weren't used to marketing of this nature. BrandJuice spent six to eight weeks with us, showing us how to shift a product-based story to a solution-based story which has helped us to talk to our customers on a personal level and understand their pain points.

The lead account director is Erin Blood who has been my long-standing main point of contact with my previous company and with Trimble. She has defined my experience working with BrandJuice, because I believe if you jive with your main point of contact, great things will happen.

Our lead designer has always been Heather Thill. Because I’ve worked with her so long, she’s learned how I work and how I think. They can adjust their process based on the client needs.

Alexandra Hilker has also been a core member of their team and does a great job predicting my responses on things and understanding how I’m going to consume the information they’re giving me.

They’re always my consistent team. They’ve grown over time and have added new members to the team. Everybody I’ve worked with has had a similar level of intelligence. I love that they aren’t afraid to ask tough questions. They challenge me. Even the new members that I’m just starting to get to know have that trait.

How did you come to work with BrandJuice?

I had worked with them at a previous company, so I knew they wouldn’t let me down. Before that, I had worked with other brand companies. In my space, I’m working with all different types of specialty agencies either on brand, digital design, or communications. I’m very familiar with how to manage agencies and what makes a good and bad agency.

We have spent over $500,000 over the course of our relationship.

I started working with them in October 2015, and the work is ongoing. BrandJuice has taken on many projects at Trimble beyond the original department which was the civil engineering and construction. They’ve earned respect in our organization.

I’ve done more strategy work with them so there’s not really metrics. I’m proud and impressed that they’ve been able to win so much more business at Trimble. They’ve managed to move into other aspects of the business that are completely different. They have delved in, understood, and delivered amazing products for those groups. It’s a huge testament to their abilities. BrandJuice is very analytical in their approach. It’s not just based on pretty pictures.

We continue to work with them and grow with them. The feedback has been great. People will say they haven’t seen anything like what we’ve done before and how revolutionary it is for Trimble. I knew BrandJuice would deliver because I’d seen them do it before. They’ve managed to change the naysayers into cheerleaders.

How did BrandJuice perform from a project management standpoint?

I believe an agency should manage me more than I manage them. The best working agency is somebody who reminds me about something before I have to contact them to find out where the deliverable is. BrandJuice is always a step ahead of me. I haven’t had that experience with other agencies. An agency that can stay half a step ahead of their client will be able to keep the project on track. If a project falls behind, it’s because of my company. They let me know if the project is going to be delayed. We let them know if that’s acceptable for us or not. There have been no surprises.

They’re wicked smart and they have a really great deep level of exploration on our client projects. At the same time, it’s always fun working with them. We talk about deep and challenging subjects when we meet but it seems like one of my more favorite meetings of the day. They always come with juice and treats and we laugh, but we also get results. If you can get great results and have fun doing it, that’s an agency I want to work with.

Their hiring is really good. They’re great at finding wonderful talent and also for culture. No matter who you’re working with, you feel like you’re working with the same tone, style, and team delivery. They keep it lean. I appreciate that they’re not stacking their agency with high overhead and every type of skillset under the sun. If we need something, they have an amazing network that they call on for photography, videography, or digital. Those people are invisible to me as a client but I know I’m getting a great end product. I always have the same point of contact no matter what other capabilities they’re bringing in from their virtual team.

Everybody has to improve somewhere, but I haven’t had any issues. They’re not the least expensive agency in town, but they’re not the most expensive either.

Overall Score I would hire them again. They’ve never let me down. I’m always proud of their work.
    I can’t think of a time they’ve missed a deadline. Another amazing thing about a great agency is one that makes you feel like you’re their only client. Most of the time that’s how I feel with BrandJuice.
    We got a wonderful result. I would consider BrandJuice to be an above average premium agency, but sometimes the cost seems a little off-putting to my company.
    They almost always nail it on the first deliverable that I get. Everything comes at very high-quality even if it’s the first draft. There’s always room for perfection, but I’ve never gotten shoddy work from them.
    I’ve already recommended them. They’re amazing people.

Brand Refresh For Medical Device Company

"They listen, they’re patient, and they do good work."

BrandJuice provided a range of brand and message repositioning services. The new brand identity needed to align with corporate guidelines and show consistency with the brand's global image.

Louisville, Colorado
Director of Marketing, Medical Device Company

BrandJuice was an excellent strategic partner throughout the project. Although several design elements did not match the parent brand strategy, the work was thoughtfully designed and implemented. The team responded to concerns, stayed on schedule and budget, and remained open to suggestions.

Please describe your company.

We are a medical device company.

Director of marketing.

What was your goal for working with BrandJuice?

We needed a branding refresh and message simplification. We wanted a consistent global message.

The deliverable for them was to come up with a new brand identity for our segment of the business, and to ensure that it also fit within our parent company’s corporate branding guidelines.

What was your process for selecting BrandJuice with which to work?

A colleague of mine had worked with them previously, so he had experience with them.

Can you provide an approximate cost or work-hour figure to indicate the size of the work that they completed?

The budget was around $100,000.

How long did the work take?

The actual work didn’t take that long, probably 60 days or so. What ends up taking a long time with our company is the channels of approval that we have to go through. So, they did two months’ worth of work, but the project was more like six months. Their work was completed in November of 2013.

What were the results of the work?

I would say on a grade-level scale from an A to F, probably a B minus. I don’t think it’s all reflective of BrandJuice. I think the organization’s appetite for change wasn’t as aggressive as presented to us when we embarked on the project. Some of the deliverables were a little too modern for a 100-year-old corporate organization to embrace. That being said, they are a great group to work with, very responsive. They listen, they’re patient, and they do good work.

I think they could have had more of a hands-on approach with integration, just to make sure there is good implementation and integration through a certain phase, rather than just through the project.

I already have recommended them.

Ideation For Beverage Company

"BrandJuice has really humble, nice people that are a total pleasure to work with."

BrandJuice supplies product ideation services for a beverage manufacturer. The team gathers data from a territory, explores potential expansion, and develops specific product concepts.

Brand Manager, Fortune 500 Beverage Company

Products created from this ideation process have scored well on internal viability tests. Unused ideas have also provided insight and fueled innovation. Throughout the relationship, BrandJuice has displayed extensive market knowledge and a willingness to adapt to the brand's unique needs.

Please describe your company.

I work for a large beverage manufacturer. We have business in a multitude of beverage categories from carbonated soft drinks and juice to tea and waters and a couple of other categories.

What is your role at the company?

I’ve held several roles since I’ve been working with BrandJuice, mostly in the consumer insights capacity as well as in the innovation capacity. So, I’ve been in marketing and been responsible for understanding consumers, understanding their needs, and then applying those and creating new ideas to grow or retain our existing business.

What was your goal for working with BrandJuice?

We use them mainly for product ideation. I know that they have a wide variety of capabilities ranging from brand development to in-market product testing. We’ve kept it pretty confined to ideation, so generating new product ideas.

What we’ll typically do is come in with some territories or challenge them to help us develop territories for ideation. They, then, facilitate the process of gathering information, developing territories, doing exploratory work either with consumers or observations in the marketplace. They will get us together for either one or multiple day sessions to use those territories, and explore them, and create new ideas, and ultimately to develop concepts that we will prioritize and hopefully commercialize.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the projects with a general cost range or work-hour figure?

They’re usually in the $100,000 to $150,000 range for each of the projects.

How long have you been working with them?

They’ve been around almost as long as I’ve been here. I’ve been here slightly more than five years. The first project we worked with them on was in 2009, and that was an innovation-led project. Our team was privy to it, we got to participate in it. We hired them in 2010 for another project, and we’ve hired them a couple of times in the past year and a half as well for other projects. So, we’ve worked with them for a solid five years at this point.

What were the results of the work?

I would say some results are very tangible and quantifiable, and some are not so tangible. In terms of the quantifiable ones, we work with them to come up with concepts, and we have a very standard way of validating concepts and whether they’re viable. I would say that quite a few of the concepts that we’ve worked with them on have scored very well through our standard method of testing, which would be more of the quantifiable side.

On the intangible side of things, sometimes the concepts that they’ve been responsible for helping us create are either before their time or not ready to be commercialized. But, it’s really interesting that I’ve seen over the years that the ones that stem from their sessions are the ones that still kind of have legs internally. Whenever we talk about needing new ideas or looking back at past ideas to see what we came with before, the ones that comes out of their ideation sessions tend to be the ones that people talk about, and we try to bring back into the conversation. It’s hard to quantify that really, but I’ve noticed more often than not the concepts that came out of those sessions are the ones that we tend to bring back and revisit.

How would you describe their performance?

The relationship has been really positive. They’ve done a great job of understanding our business and understanding our route to market, which is a little bit more of a challenge compared to some other packaged goods companies. They understand what we have to offer as well as our drawbacks, and they’re very good at working around all of those. They also are really creative people and think about challenges and ideations in different ways than other companies that I’ve seen. So, it’s just been a huge pleasure to work with them.

They’re just really incredibly great to work with. They’re very amenable to all of our asks and needs. We’ve got some quirks within our company that I’d imagine other companies don’t have, and they’re very accommodating of that. They’re also genuinely just nice people, which you don’t find all the time. Some companies have a certain swagger about them. BrandJuice has really humble, nice people that are a total pleasure to work with. You don’t find that very often, especially when that comes to big thinking and big ideas.

We haven’t worked with them on more white space-type ideas, and I’m not really sure that we would. I feel that their process is very fixed, and it’s very well-suited to when you have a good idea of what you’re looking for. When we don’t have a good idea for what we’re looking for, or when we need to do a lot research on the front-end, I don’t think I would go to them.

They’ve got really great capabilities from an ideation perspective, but in terms of generating insights, I feel like I could get that elsewhere with other companies more effectively. They definitely have a role, and we would hire them again if that was a need, but in some of the situations where we really have to do a lot of consumer work and a lot of exploratory, and we don’t really know what we’re going to find, I would probably hire another company.

I would be very likely to recommend them to a colleague.

Brand Repositioning For Spectralink

"It’s no secret that we’re happy with the relationship with BrandJuice and what they did for us."

BrandJuice provided a suite of market repositioning services for a newly merged company. After defining brand identity, the team redesigned the company logo, web homepage, and marketing materials.

Boulder, Colorado
Sten Dyrmose
CEO, Spectralink

New products advertised with BrandJuice's materials have shown success in the market. Brand recognition has also increased greatly. Rather than applying a preexisting design model to the project, the team devised cohesive methods to suit the brand's unique challenges and strengths.

Please describe your company.

What we do what is called onsite mobility, which means we do communications in buildings. We’re about 250 people worldwide, with approximately half employed in India and half in North America.

I’m the CEO.

What was your goal for working with BrandJuice?

We came out of a divestiture, out of a company called Polycom. We were a new company about two years ago, since we were a combination of two companies called Kirk and Spectralink. We had to reposition ourselves in the market. BrandJuice was part of both helping us define our values as a company and how we would position ourselves in the market. So, it was a rebranding from scratch of a $100 million company. Almost like a startup company, but on a big scale.

They did everything from our logo, to defining values, to shaping the organization. So, it was literally like redefining a company. They designed our home page, even our colors, and the way we decorated our building. BrandJuice was a part of all that.

We started working with them two years ago, and they’re still our supplier for things like events where we have to do a booth. Our materials that we send into the market are still produced by BrandJuice. They do one-off projects for us now on a more normal basis.

What was your process for selecting BrandJuice with which to work?

I’m actually from Denmark and had just moved to the states around this time, so I didn’t know any companies in this area. We decided we wanted someone with a local presence in Colorado. My marketing director was looking around with her experience, and we came up with a couple. I had interviews with several companies and ended up with BrandJuice.

My personal view is that I clicked with the company immediately. It was interesting to see how, with a few conversations with the top people at BrandJuice, we were really in sync right away. Other things needed to fall in place, but I’d say the culture between the way they work and the way we want to work as a company was just spot on.

What were the results of the work?

We did a major launch of a new product called Pivot, and BrandJuice was involved with the launch of that, the positioning, and everything into the details. Of course, we think it’s a great product, but also the whole positioning that BrandJuice did [had an impact], and we have had some tremendous feedback from the market on that. The product launch period was very successful for us.

Also, in terms of the work with BrandJuice from the beginning was that we were kind of coming out into the market and needed to show who we are in the marketplace. If you were to measure very hard evidence on the name Spectralink, it’s coming out all everywhere, so they succeeded in that.

What I really like about the company is that the creativity is really high. Their ability to adapt to a certain situation or challenge, or to do things in a different way, is really something I think is unique to BrandJuice. You typically see companies in this area who come out with, here’s the model and it fits your company. I’m always very reluctant to accept that, because who says that this model exactly fits for me? I think BrandJuice has a different approach to this, where they look at the challenge and decide what the best process is for bringing us into the right place.

It’s all minor things. All in all, it’s no secret that we’re happy with the relationship with BrandJuice and what they did for us.