OUTCOME-ORIENTED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

Gold

Brainhub is the #1 software development partner for fast-growing companies.

We design, build and scale epic mobile, web and desktop apps, taking over‑the‑top ownership and agile approach.

Ready to join your project in 72 hours.

✓ Behind every great app is a great team

• 58 experts ready to solve your problems
  • Developers, Architects, UI/UX Designers, Product Owners, and QA Engineers
  • Build your app from scratch or extend your capabilities

✓ 360 digital product development skills

• Product Development
  • UI/UX Design
  • Web Development
  • Mobile Development
  • Desktop Development
  • Custom Software Development
  • Tech & Agile Consulting

✓ Technology best suited to your project

• Web, mobile & desktop apps: Node.js, React, React Native, Electron
  • Small & large size projects: JavaScript, Typescript
  • Performance critical products: Golang

Our little Hall of fame: Awwwards: Honorable Mention, Website (2018); ComputerWorld: Top200 IT Companies in Poland (2019);  Product Hunt: 4th Product of the Day

Join companies like National Geographic, Beam, Paradox Interactive, Venture Harbour and let's do great things together.

Say hello to us at [email protected]

Gliwice, Poland

Since our founding in 2014, we've developed digital products for 60+ Fortune 500 companies and well-funded startups. Key clients: National Geographic, Paradox Interactive, Screencloud, Heist Studios, inPost, Venture Harbour, Beam, Jackbox Games, Medicover GO.

30% MRR growth by improving usability of a web application. Image

30% MRR growth by improving usability of a web application.

Challenge: Make a subscription management system more accessible to over 6 million users.

Solution:
We completely reinvented the subscription sales process, including both the interface and the backend.

Outcome: 30% MRR growth

Tech stack: Node.js, React

It was a game-changing experience for National Geographic to work with

Brainhub in a truly lean approach. – Luke Glombicki, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

Read the case study https://brainhub.eu/portfolio/national-geographic/

Write us on [email protected]

A high-performance mobile app that was acquired by a Swiss banking leader Image

A high-performance mobile app that was acquired by a Swiss banking leader

Challenge: Build a scalable mobile app from the ground up.

Solution: High-performance mobile app to manage your financial health.

Outcome: Swiss banking leader decided to acquire GOKONG five months after we launched the app.

Tech stack: React Native, Typescript, Node.js

Brainhub was engaged in this project from the very beginning

and played a significant role in UI/UX design and implementation. –Alex Setemenets, CTO OF GOKONG

Read the case study https://brainhub.eu/portfolio/gokong/

Refreshed PC launcher for over 10 million gamers Image

Refreshed PC launcher for over 10 million gamers

Challenge: Refreshed an old version of PC game launcher

Solution: A high-quality desktop app easy to develop and scale

Results: Ongoing cooperation in implementing new features

Tech Stack: Electron, React, Node.js

It’s critical that Brainhub understands the context of the project and is treated as part of the team. – Enzo

Martin, TECHNICAL DIRECTOR AT PARADOX INTERACTIVE

Read the case study https://brainhub.eu/portfolio/paradox/

Write us on [email protected]

Beam: Mobile & Desktop App & API for E-scooter Company (Transportation)) – React Native | React | Node.js | Typescript Image

Read more in a case study how we improve the mobile app for scooter sharing start-up which raised $6.4m investment from Sequoia Capital.

They’ve had a significant impact on how we build our applications by suggesting proactive changes, which we consider

valuable. Product-wise, they’ve improved our software for sure. On top of that, they have excellent React knowledge. I strongly recommend Brainhub as trusted remote experts for the companies who want to scale their product. – CEO at Beam

Check also how can we help run your project effectively, using our React, React Native and Node.js skills.

Serene: The Focus App for MacOS (Computer Service)) – Electron | React | Node.js Image

Read more in case study how we collaborate with the CEO and Developer of Serene based on our mindset – consultant skills and thoughtful attitude.

They’re technical experts who aren’t afraid to speak up when they think something isn’t working...If anybody looking for

Electron and Node.js veterans who fulfill quality expectations – it’s worth hiring them. – CEO at Serene

Check also how can we help run your project effectively, using our Electron and Node.js skills.

JackBox Games – CMS for Gaming Industry – Electron | React | Node.js Image

JackBox Games – CMS for Gaming Industry – Electron | React | Node.js

The main challenge was to develop a new version of a tool for creating, editing, managing and publishing the content for Jackbox Games.

Brainhub needed very little hand-holding to digest how features were supposed to work. They digested requirements documentation and accurately implemented it.

VP of technology, Jackbox Games

Read more about out

Medicover GO – Personal online coach and diets (Healthcare) – React + NodeJS app Image

Read more about out Remote ReactJS Dev Team and similar visit our IT Team Augmentation Services

Custom Platform Build for Writing Solution Image

Custom Platform Build for Writing Solution

Brainhub was hired to create an online writing platform. The developers built a solution which provides automated capabilities and guides users through the novel-writing process.

Working with Brainhub has given me a lot of confidence, and they provided a great deal of valuable material after our workshop that has helped me not only continue to refine the platform itself, but also focus my messaging to get

backers excited.

Brian Palmer, Scribi Writer's Studio

800.com: Web platform for purchasing and managing phone numbers – React | React Native | Redux Image

800.com is a platform for purchasing and managing phone numbers. Brainhub was hired to develop a new version of the web and mobile apps from scratch. We used a shared logic approach to manage business logic between both web and mobile versions. Based on this, we quickly implemented user interfaces and developed a complex solution that helped over 300,000 customers.

Check how we develop

web apps at Brainhub.

Write us on [email protected]

DMX: Web & Mobile Apps for Automotive Platform – React | React Native | Node.js Image

DMX: Web & Mobile Apps for Automotive Platform – React | React Native | Node.js

DMX is a vision-driven, end-to-end enterprise platform for the automotive business. Thanks to the comprehensive web & mobile platform, users can accurately perform vehicle appraisals, view book values, recall checks and retail market views, and many more.

Head of Product & Technology hired Brainhub to support the development and growth of the platform. We shored up DMX's team with crucial additions in web

development, QA and backend development. We quickly rose to be thought leaders and architects in our project.

We used JS technologies like React, React Native, Redux or Node.js.

What client said about us?

The people from Brainhub are highly-skilled and they work hard to achieve our goals. Even if some new technologies are required at a given moment, they learn it very fast.

Wes Reid, Head of Product

QRCranes - B2B DATABASE FOR HEAVY INDUSTRY -  React + NodeJS application Image

QRCranes - B2B DATABASE FOR HEAVY INDUSTRY - React + NodeJS application

Read more about out React Development Team and similar visit our JavaScript Team Augmantation Services

Eat healthy - HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES FOR EACH DIET -  React + NodeJS application Image

Eat healthy - HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES FOR EACH DIET - React + NodeJS application

Read more about out React Development Team and similar visit our JavaScript Team Augmantation Services

Naspen - E-COMMERCE PLATFORM FOR MATTRESSES -  React + NodeJS application Image

Naspen - E-COMMERCE PLATFORM FOR MATTRESSES - React + NodeJS application

Read more about out React Software Development Team and similar visit our JavaScript projects portfolio

Motivato - SPORT WEB AND MOBILE APP -  React + NodeJS application Image

Motivato - SPORT WEB AND MOBILE APP - React + NodeJS application

Internal Communication Tool for Financial Research Company

"I've done a lot of projects and worked with at least 15 freelancers. Brainhub has been the best by far."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Using TypeScript and React.js, Brainhub is developing and testing an internal communication tool for a market research firm. Key features include push notifications.

Australia
Marcus Sonoma
Project Manager, Financial Company

Still in development, the tool has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Brainhub’s ability to adapt to and communicate about ever-evolving specifications helps make their code relatively bug-free. Their proactive style justifies the investment and makes them a valuable partner.

My company is a financial/market research company based in Europe, with a few offices around the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

We needed help developing an internal communication tool. We didn't want to use an off-the-shelf tool like Slack.

Brainhub started by talking to us about what we’re looking for. They took our requirements and built a robust communication tool with our own code base, using TypeScript and React.js. That way, we can add additional features in the future. They suggested that we do UX testing in the office with our employees.

My main point of contact and the first person I spoke to there is Patryk (delivery manager, Brainhub). We work with a project manager/scrum master, a senior developer, two medium level developers, and a junior frontend developer. A couple of times we needed additional design work and they’d add a designer to the team as well.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

I found them on Clutch. I needed people that knew TypeScript and React.js. Very few people work in TypeScript, so my search returned only 3–4 agencies doing projects. I contacted Brainhub, and Patryk got back to me quickly.

They charge in Euros, but I think it’s about $120,000 USD.

We started working together in November 2018, and the project is close to wrapping up. There are probably 1–2 sprints left to go.

I’ll have more results in a few weeks. The feedback I have right now is that the user testing greatly improved the design. It was the first time I've gotten solid, tangible evidence of what was wrong with the design. I wouldn't have resolved those issues as quickly if I’d tried to do this on my own or with freelancers.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

I've done a lot of projects and worked with at least 15 freelancers. Brainhub has been the best by far. Patryk, in particular, is excellent. They’re actually running ahead of schedule, which has never happened before in my experience. I got skeptical that they’d misquoted or overcharged us. I had their code reviewed by my top freelancers. They said Brainhub’s code is a 9 out of 10, which is incredible. They use the latest tech stack for React in addition to TypeScript and PostScript. It’s cutting-edge technology that only a few other companies are using.

I've never worked with a firm that takes as much responsibility as they do. I've always had to micromanage. It’s different with Brainhub. We wanted to implement push notifications, which is quite complicated. They came back within a couple of hours, having done the research and landed on five options. They gave me the pros and cons, as well as how long it would take to implement each.

I didn't want this just to be a glowing review, but honestly no. We had a challenge communicating with one employee, but they were removed from the project. Everyone else is fluent in English.

Be available. They hate it when a client gives them a brief and then doesn't talk to them again for weeks. If you respond to their questions within 48 hours, they will be super happy.

They deliver ahead of schedule.
    They’re quite expensive but provide good value.
    I’ve already recommended them three times.

Web Development for Gaming Company

"I’m more than happy to continue doing business with them for the foreseeable future."

May 2018 - Ongoing

Brainhub provides ongoing frontend development using Electron and React for a gaming company. They’re working with an internal team to build a desktop application of a game launcher and distribution platform.

Stockholm, Sweden
Enzo Martin
Technical Director, Paradox Interactive

Brainhub features a capable and competent staff that is unafraid to make suggestions to improve product quality. They are responsive and proactive to all errors and correspondence. Because of the project’s success, future collaboration is a likely possibility.

I am the technical director of Paradox Interactive, a game publishing company and development studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

I hired Brainhub to work alongside our internal team to build a new version of our game launcher, a desktop application that serves as our digital distribution platform.

Brainhub’s developers have expertise working with the Electron and React web technologies that we needed for frontend development of our game launcher. The project they’ve worked on was built from scratch, but it was inspired and based off of our previous version of the software—which we have deprecated in anticipation of the launch of the new version.

When we sell our games, this is the platform through which our customers can download, install, and play the game on their computer. We also use the application to post news or updates about the game or events that we have. Our customers use this application to access their accounts and manage the game or games that they’ve purchased from us.

We requested four engineers and a half-time project manager to coordinate between our two offices in Poland and Sweden.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

I searched for companies that had demonstrated success in working with the React and Electron technologies. Brainhub had the most case studies and examples of their past work. They also responded very quickly, which made it easier to rule out other companies that took longer to reply.

Brainhub stood out because they didn’t over-promise anything in our initial conversations. In fact, they felt the timeline was unrealistic and too short and that our budget was a poor estimate. I appreciated their honesty. I had tailored our estimates in a way that would make companies want to pick out the red flags, and Brainhub succeeded in doing so.

We’ve spent less than €500,000 (approximately $567,000 USD) at this point.

Our engagement began in May 2018. Our original timeline called for a February 2019 launch, but because the game project this application is tied to and dependent upon was delayed until April, we will finish this project in April as well. We have an ongoing engagement right now, and after our launch, I’ve decided that I’ll keep them on a recurring contract with a monthly retainer.

We have user KPIs we’re expecting to track, but because the product has not yet been released, there are no data to measure.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve been very impressed. I had initial concerns about English communication issues, but we’ve had no trouble in that regard. Overall, they are quick to resolve any errors, and they are proactive when they feel that something—technologically or interpersonally—is not working well.

I appreciate that they don’t necessarily always follow the adage of the customer always being right. They are comfortable to push back when they believe something is misguided or miscommunicated. This has led to quite a few significant improvements to features that otherwise would have been subpar or not functional at all if they had not spoken up. In the same vein, they are also respectful when we acknowledge their concerns, but we insist on going in a certain direction.

No. We work with a lot of vendors, and Brainhub is, by far, the one we’ve had the fewest problems with during the course of our business. I’m more than happy to continue doing business with them for the foreseeable future.

It’s critical that Brainhub understands the context of the project and is treated as part of the team. Our internal team and the Brainhub staff work as one, and that’s been a great advantage because they end up caring more about the product, which doesn’t always happen with outsourced projects.

Overall Score We've had a very successful relationship.
    They've always been mindful of our deadlines.
    They are worth the money for the quality of work we receive.
    They've probably saved us money because of their attention to quality.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Development of a Real Estate Site Publishing Platform

"They’re on the cutting edge when it comes to knowing the different trends in the market."

Jul. 2016 - Ongoing

Brainhub provides ongoing staff augmentation services, creating new functionalities on a pre-existing platform for building real estate websites. They’ve been in charge of integrations and DevOps tasks.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Founder, Web Design Firm

The number of clients has grown from 10 to 60–70 and the platform gets about 200,000 unique visitors per month. Brainhub’s communication is great compared to other vendors. Their technical expertise is outstanding, however, they need improvement in scalability and consistency with project managers.

I am the founder of a company that builds websites for real estate agents and provides marketing services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

We were trying to build a new platform and needed someone to augment my software engineering team.

We basically took an existing platform and built a number of new administrative tools to add more functionalities on top of it. We also built out a number of new design templates on our platform that we can use for our clients.

The platform allows us to create high-end real estate websites and then gives our clients — who are real estate agents — access to an admin panel where they can add their listings and the properties to the website. We have CRM [customer relationship management] and CMS [content management system] functionalities. They’re working on integrating SalesForce with SimplyRETS for MLS listings.

Brainhub took over an existing infrastructure. We did some refactoring in AngularJS, which was what the original platform was built on to react to a component based system; Brainhub was heavily involved in that. Over the last year, they did some DevOps-related tasks, setting up the server environment correctly. Node.js is what the application is built in with MongoDB. The database runs on Webpack and SCSS. We implemented Docker in the container base. They implemented Jenkins. They implemented some testing modules. Over the last year or so since we’ve worked together, at most times they’ve had someone continuously working with the rest of our team.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

It was an introduction by a friend of mine who knew one of the founders of Brainhub.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

We have spent about $150,000.

We started working with them July 2016 and have been working together since.

We’ve grown from having 10 clients or so to now having 60–70. There’s been quite a bit of growth in the client base, but also on the platform itself. We have about 200,000 unique visitors per month.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was very good. For an outsourced firm, they’re top notch in communication compared to what I’ve seen from other companies, and they’re also very professional.

They have a sort of project manager even though it’s not a true project manager; it’s someone who is organizing the project and who speaks English fluently. I also had direct contact with the developer and their CTO, who both also speak English pretty well. From a communication perspective, it was really great.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

I would say their technical expertise and raw talent are what most impresses me. It’s unique to have an outsourced company that stays on top of things. They’re on the cutting edge when it comes to knowing the different trends in the market and are on par with most U.S. firms that I’ve dealt with.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

They’re not that big of a company, so if you want to scale up quickly, they can’t do it right away. You will have to wait about two months or so when another project ends for them to be able to put someone else on your project.

The quality wasn’t as consistent as far as project management; throughout the year, we’ve had different people working in different capacities while organizing the project. It was always good, but it was great when their CTO was involved. There have been some inconsistencies depending on who is in charge of the project, although they communicate well when there’s a change of personnel. They’ve gone above and beyond to correct things, even giving discounts when something wasn’t communicated correctly. They’re very invested in making this project work.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Brainhub?

They’re at their best when you have a clearly defined and somewhat contained project. If you have very clear expectations and talk those through with them, then they’re going to be very good at making progress and communicating it well. They do their best work when you give them the freedom to do things the way they want to solve them and basically do a project-based basis.

Overall Score They’re a good company.
    There were some instances where estimates weren’t met.
    For a company in Eastern Europe, they’re expensive. Compared to California, though, it’s still pretty affordable. Their value is high and the quality of their work is on par.
    The code itself was very good.
    I have recommended them to friends and other companies.

Development of Machinery-Tracking Database Software

"Brainhub works quickly and communicates well."

Mar. 2016 - Mar. 2017

Brainhub built a web-based machine maintenance tracking program for mobile and desktop use, leveraging multiple development tools to support controlled access to client data.

Berlin, Germany
Founder, Software Company

The finished solution is of satisfactory quality. Brainhub’s responsiveness, consistent turnaround time, and technical proficiency contributed to a productive partnership. One area that could be improved is the onboarding of new staff.

Our company deals with equipment maintenance. We have 50 employees. I lead all of the digital staff, including the team that developed the software to monitor our machines. The team also delivers that software to clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

We wanted to develop a software that would track the relevant service data of the machines we are maintaining and give this tool to our clients, allowing them to evaluate the current condition of their equipment.

Brainhub built the software on our request for a company that maintains cranes and doors. With Brainhub, we developed software that allows this client to see relevant machine data, service data, and inspection data online.

I think Brainhub used Node.js and React Native to build the software, which is based online and is accessible via mobile phone and desktop browsers. No matter which device or browser our client uses, they can access the data of any crane by scanning a QR code with a phone. The solution doesn't involve real-time data or sensors.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

Brainhub was recommended by a friend of a friend, who convinced me to use them. I thought they seemed like a great option.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

We started with a project that cost around €5,000 [$5,700]. So far, we have spent €10,000 [$11,400].

We started working with Brainhub in March 2016, and our work together ended in March 2017.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

They are quick to respond and deliver on time, more or less. They report to us on a weekly basis, especially during busy phases. We had about 3 resources from Brainhub, but I’m not sure what their specialties were. One was a backend server guy, and another provided coding.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

Brainhub works quickly and communicates well.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

There’s always room for improvement. For example, Brainhub changed their team somewhat during the project, and the new team members weren’t as knowledgeable as the former members. That could have been improved.

We didn't have a real timeline, so I can't speak to their scheduling, but they were always available if I had questions.
    They were more expensive than we thought they’d be. We wanted to finish with a high-quality product, but that came at a high cost.
    They weren’t always 100% perfect, and we did have to communicate extensively to get a good product.
    My willingness to recommend Brainhub depends on the customer’s proximity to them. Brainhub is in Warsaw, and I’m in Berlin, so our partnership was feasible.

Full Product Development of Marketing Automation Platform

"They are able to think for themselves, and have shown great enthusiasm and understanding around the product."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Brainhub served as the technical partner for a marketing automation and customer data platform. The product is a software-as-a-service, and Brainhub will continue enhancing it for years to come.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Rune Viem
CPO, FlowStack

Brainhub has become an integral part of the technology department, so much so that their tech lead acts as the in-house CTO. This is because they have taken ownership over the project and understand it completely. The team is enthusiastic and they meticulously document their work.

Flowstack is a marketing automation startup platform. I am the chief product officer of the business. I used to be the CEO, but I act as the main concept person at the moment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

I used to work for a marketing platform vendor as a CTO. I found that I could do better myself and created a startup in order to do things the right way. It would be hard to find the right developers in Denmark, so Brainhub came into play on the technical side.

Brainhub has built a huge Software-as-a-Service marketing automation and customer data platform from scratch. The platform is similar to HubSpot, but geared towards all data channels, not just email and SMS.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

During my time as CEO, I received a number of emails from various outsourcing companies. Knowing that I needed some developers, I started the process of contacting some of those groups. One of them was Brainhub, and they proved to be the last name after the selection process. I had a very good feeling about them and moved forward. First of all, Brainhub was one of the software vendors focusing on the right technologies, namely Node.js and React.js. After an initial dialogue with the other providers (most of them from Eastern Europe), I found Brainhub to be the more competent choice. They also had a very good startup spirit and showed enthusiasm and interest in the product I wanted to build. There were two other competent companies, but they didn’t show the same spirit as Brainhub.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

The cost of their work has been around $350,000. The monthly cost is between $40,000 and $50,000, and it has been consistent since the beginning.

We started working with Brainhub in August 2016. We plan to have a full release in August 2017, and more customers will mean more development. We are currently running tests for an early beta version. It’s an ongoing process, and we will continue to work with Brainhub for many years.

The platform is not in use by clients, but I have access to a part of the system and have been satisfied with what Brainhub has created.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

They represent our entire technology department, and I see the team more as employees or colleagues, rather than providers of software. We have a dedicated team which will continue to grow. It is made up of three full-stack developers, a UX designer, and a product owner. The latter position has been shared between the CEO of Brainhub and their tech lead, who is basically our CTO.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

I have worked with other outsourcing partners, and I was initially against using another one, given the resources I’d have to put in. What made Brainhub stand out was that I haven’t had to micromanage them in any way. Instead of saying yes to everything I tell them, they are able to think for themselves, and have shown great enthusiasm and understanding around the product we’re building. The team has challenged me with the right questions, and have surprised me many times by giving me more than what I initially asked them to build, or what I was hoping for.

Brainhub has a dedicated team and an excellent product owner who has taken over my role as CTO. They have personal stakes in the project, which is great.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

It would be hard to say. Brainhub is using best practices, and they document the work well. They do cost more than some of the competition, but the quality of work is more than I could hope for.

For someone looking for a competent team, Brainhub is the best choice, but they are not ideal for those used to micromanaging people. I could recommend them, but I need more resources myself, so I’ve chosen to keep Brainhub a secret.

Overall Score Brainhub is not just an outsourced team; there is a good chemistry between them and us, and we see them as family.
    I may not have been clear about timelines at times, but they still deserve a good score.
    I initially thought that Brainhub was an expensive option, compared to the competition, but they are completely worth it. There is a price to be paid for a competent team.
    I would not like the same company as mine using them, because I’d shoot myself in the foot then.

Web Dev Resources for Consumer Finance Offering

"Since the start, I’ve always been able to discuss various topics with Brainhub’s team."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Brainhub provides subcontracted resources for full-stack web development, allocating up to 2 designated members to support the internal team in a fixed-term engagement.

Zurich, Switzerland
CTO, Finance Startup

The integrated team has completed the initial design phase on time, thanks in part to Brainhub’s development processes. Their efficiency and ability to scale workflow to meet rushed timelines contribute to a productive collaboration.

We are a startup incubator developing a web platform in the B2C financial area. We offer data-aggregation services by working with a data provider. We don’t provide a lot of analysis on it, but this will come at a later stage in order to improve the level of financial advice we can provide. At the moment, it’s an overview of a user’s financial situation. I am a co-founder and the CTO of the incubator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

When we started the project, we needed to find web development support, both on the frontend and backend. We needed more dedicated resources for a fixed-term project.

We are using ReactJS for the frontend, and Node.js on the backend. We initially used one dedicated person from Brainhub’s team starting in January of 2017. We added another member in February and have continued using them.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

The cost of Brainhub’s work has been approximately $12,000 to $15,000 per month since January. The total has been between $60,000 and $75,000.

We started working with Brainhub in early January of 2017. We completed the initial phase on March 10th and have continued to maintain and improve it.

The project is structured between two corporate entities in Switzerland. Unfortunately, it seems like one of them is leaving, but we’re looking at a new distribution partner who will bring the necessary people onto the platform. Our client eventually wants to hire a local team in Zurich. Until that happens, we will continue using Brainhub.

The platform is not live on the market yet because of our internal situation, but it’s ready for testing. The people who have used it have shown it to be stable enough for launch, but our client is holding back because of some legal concerns.

What we aren’t doing at the moment is estimating our tickets in terms of time, which makes it hard to have metrics speaking to the efficiency or velocity of Brainhub’s team. The project has medium complexity, and there are quite a few features involved. From my perspective, Brainhub has been quite good, and I would rate the team at around 80% efficiency. We get through with new features quite fast and they are also efficient at fixing bugs. We’re using a Git repository for tracking reviews and testing features. We have to deliver good quality, which is even more important than being fast. We’ve found a balance between the two.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

We are working directly with our developers and have integrated them into our team, which is composed of Brainhub’s two developers, two other remote resources, an on-site developer, and myself. I guide them and schedule daily meetings. We have demo and planning sessions every second week and have a Scrum-based approach. We use JIRA for tracking assignments. Brainhub gave us some inputs at the beginning of the project when we weren’t structured that well, helping us make the project more efficient. They suggested what the structure of our demo and planning sessions should be, which we’ve adopted since then and run without any input from their side. Since the client does not have this capability, I have acted as their interim CTO. It’s been clear that as the project evolves, I will probably step down from this role and have local resources take over.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

They are very good at communicating. Since the start, I’ve always been able to discuss various topics with Brainhub’s team. They’re also dedicated to the project and have helped us achieve the goals and implementation we need.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

There has been a small misalignment in terms of the billing cycle between us and our client. It would be hard to mention anything else about Brainhub. They’ve been great.

Overall Score There is almost nothing to complain about.
    I have no reason to complain. Our first release was scheduled for March, so Brainhub’s people made themselves available over the weekend and even on evenings. They dug into the project heavily.
    Brainhub is not the cheapest option, but their value is great.
    We’ve never had any troubles with Brainhub, and 90% of their deliverables worked as expected. We have had to take shortcuts that were patched-up later, but, in general, it was worth it.
    I would recommend Brainhub for similar Node.js and JavaScript projects. They seem to have the skills and people for this type of work.

Desktop App Development Resources for Camera Software

"They will do whatever’s needed to get things done during a tight timeline."

Apr. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Brainhub developed a desktop application to tilt, pan, and zoom a USB camera. They built the UI in React.js and Redux, developed the backend and installer, and created vendor-specific camera features.

Oslo, Norway
Vice President, Camera Software Producer

Brainhub provided the necessary resources to stand up a skilled, competent team. Daily video communication led to smooth collaboration. Their English skills are strong and each member of the team is helpful.

We are a startup creating a camera-based product which can observe objects in rooms. I am the VP of collaborations, in charge of application development. We are building tools which will help users interact with our camera products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

We needed to create a desktop application for driving our USB camera, and needed help.

Brainhub was able to provide two developers who helped on our project. We decided to develop the desktop application using the Electron framework. It allows us to build desktop applications using web technology. Brainhub’s team had a lot of experience using React.js and the Redux Framework, so they basically built our UI framework on those technologies, and also helped us assemble and build the backend and installers for the app.

The purpose of the software is to demonstrate the cameras’ abilities, and also allow power users to create panning, tilting and zoom. It also provides vendor-specific features for the camera.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

We ran across each other on LinkedIn. Brainhub seemed to be a team of young people who were interested in the latest JavaScript technology. They managed to convince us that they were truly interested in our technology.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

The cost of Brainhub’s work has been around $100,000.

We started working with Brainhub in April 2016. We stopped using external contractors in February 2017, and are building our own team.

Most of the components in our software have been developed in collaboration with Brainhub’s team. I would say that they have developed more than 50% of our tool. We’re not in the market yet, so the number of downloads is not great.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

Brainhub’s team had an expert who stepped in as a technical lead on their side. They also assigned a more junior developer who worked based on instructions from the senior person. Our lead is a good developer, and was able to help on most parts, as did the other resource. We did have one developer who did not perform at the level we wanted, but we took up the subject with Brainhub’s management, and they switched him out fast. They seem to be a competent company, technically-speaking.

We had mostly daily thinks with Brainhub’s team, and the communication was very good. We used video every time, which worked quite well. Language-wise, they are decent in English.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

I would just say that Brainhub is a helpful group, not afraid to spend a few extra hours if needed in order to help complete a task. This is the best thing I could mention about Brainhub: they will do whatever’s needed to get things done during a tight timeline.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

There are always areas for improvement, but, if I was to go back, I would choose to add one more senior person on our team, someone with a bit more experience.

I don’t have anything, sorry.

Overall Score In general, Brainhub has some very good talent, and there’s a lot of potential in the company.
    I find that a maximum rating would require some truly unique efforts, and we’re not there. A 4 is a good score, in my opinion.
    The rating relates to the lack of senior experience. The level of testing was not fantastic, before we started pushing for it.
    If I meet someone in need of a development partner abroad, with the pricing that Brainhub can offer, I would suggest that they, as a client, onboard a senior on their own team, but I would definitely recommend the company.

Increased Throughput for Software Dev Team

"I wish I could work with developers like them all the time."

2015 - Ongoing

The partnership has required various development resources to support the client's performance marketing capabilities.

Warsaw, Poland
Project Manager, Marketing Agency

The quality of the work-product along with the professionalism of Brainhub's team has impressed the client to the point that they anticipate that Brainhub's rates will increase to better match the value they are producing.

‎We are a digital marketing agency. Our specialization is performance marketing, which means we are always focused on numbers. I’m a project manager in the design and development team, so I am responsible, for example, for website development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

We needed a skillful and responsible software house for development projects.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

We already had a partnership when I came to my organization.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

We have spent roughly $25,000.

We started working with them in early-mid 2015.

I can say that we were always focused on top quality and deadlines, which sometimes were really difficult to achieve, but we always were able to find a solution in every situation.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

Perfect. They have been using JIRA, which is very cool tool, and Slack for communication, which is also a pretty good choice. After working a few days with these guys, you are sure that they know how to do stuff and that they are pros.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

I found their mindset most impressive because they are not just a group of developers, but they are a group of cool people with extraordinary developer skills.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

To be honest, I don’t have anything in my mind at the moment.

Overall Score They are good and they are fast. I wish I could work with developers like them all the time. It’s a really good company.
    They are fast and flexible. Even with a hard project, it is good work.
    Their hourly rates are typical for Polish standards, but in my opinion, it will go higher because of the good quality which they deliver.
    They are a very good and reliable partner.
    For sure.

ReactJS Developers for Software Startup

"[Brainhub have been] working without being pampered, without needing a lot of assistance, and only asking the right questions."

May - July 2016

The client needed to look internationally for flexible ReactJS manpower. Brainhub came to them with the right resources to support the development of a sales management software product.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Claus Stilborg
CTO, Omnicar

Brainhub exceeded the client's expectations and they will continue to work together as needed. The client appreciated the developers' resourcefulness in the face of constraints and complex requirements.

We're a small software startup, and we create sales management software for the automobile industry in Scandinavia. I am currently the chief executive officer/chief technology officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brainhub?

We needed qualified ReactJS developers. We had a hard time finding that in the market, so we went to Poland and to Brainhub.

The staff found Brainhub to be incredible. The sales effort was really effective. The resources we worked with in Brainhub were above our expectations. They were really good guys. They were working remotely. I went there for a visit for a couple of days just to meet and greet and agree on the contract details. They did all the work remotely using Slack to communciate with my developers, and that worked really well.

How did you come to work with Brainhub?

Their sales manager contacted us. I think he used LinkedIn. He did a pretty cool canvassing job [direct outreach] on us actually. The initial contact was with a colleague of mine and he said that these guys might be good. Then that was it. We started talking, and it turned out we couldn't identify a single project because we have changing priorities, and we needed a little bit of stuff done here and there. We ended up body shopping one developer from them for three months. The purpose of that was to identify and to clarify if they could be used for scaling out capacity. We did the three months, and they were perfect for scaling. We have them on the list now if we need to scale on React and JavaScript.

How much have you invested with Brainhub?

It was 300 Danish krone per hour, and it was full time at 40 hours a week. [~ $22,000 total].

May 2016 through July 2016.

How did Brainhub perform from a project management standpoint?

We're using JIRA as a project management tool, and then we used Slack for direct communication between developers. We had a couple of project managers, but they were at that point not involved using Slack. They were more involved using JIRA. Other than that, there was a lot of direct communication between developers. The main thing was that they didn't need a lot of support. I've worked with other externals that basically said they knew everything about that form and the technology, and when it came down to it, they needed a lot of help. These guys didn't need any help at all. They were just up and running in hours, even though our platform can be pretty complex. They just got it up and running locally. When they were delayed on getting access to some data, they created some mock-ups really fast so they could continue working.

What did you find most impressive about Brainhub?

Working without being pampered, without needing a lot of assistance, and only asking the right questions. Also, not being afraid to ask when they had a real question. Some people don't ask when they need to, and these guys ask when they had real questions. They didn't ask for stuff that a normal good developer should know.

Are there any areas Brainhub could improve?

No, not really. They did a good job, and they performed better than expected. I will be using them again if I need to scale capacity on that side of the platform.

Overall Score It's a good bunch of young guys that really want to excel in their field.
    They had one day where the developer had something planned privately, and they told us about that right up front so that we knew when he was available and when he was not. He just put in the work hours at another time.
    That's a fair price right now in Poland. Poland is not cheap anymore. If you move further east in Europe you can find it cheaper, but you cannot find that quality.
    I would say a five is like if I had a guy sitting in the office doing the work. This was close. We did minor changes to the code afterwards just to make it fit our way of working, but it was really minor stuff.
    I have not referred them yet, but I will be. I have a couple of projects that have been contacting me for resources, and I'm scoping them and seeing if I can send them on to the guys down there.

React Native Dev for Educational Mobile App

"They work pretty well."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Brainhub developed a native mobile app that facilitates community education. The solution encourages discussions and coaching between members and also allows users to download online courses.

Miami, Florida
CEO, Educational App Company

The app is in beta, and Brainhub is continuing to make improvements based on user feedback. Their team works well, staying motivated and flexible in their tasks.

We create educational products using mobile technologies. I'm the CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire Brainhub?

We hired Brainhub to develop a native mobile app. They are also engaged occasionally in development for the web platform and backend services.

The main goal was to develop a community platform. To specify, there were three features to develop:

• Creating and participating in discussion groups about coaching
  • Downloading courses and allowing to watch them offline

We did research and compared a few potential contractors.

They provided a native mobile application designed using React Native. It aims to fulfill the missing spot for the mobile platform.

One Brainhub team member was working on the native platform. The team also composed of three developers, project manager, product owner, DevOps and more from our side

We launched a beta version and have beta testers. We are continually improving it based on users’ feedback.

They work pretty well.