Wake up your digital marketing!

Brain Bytes Creative is many things. A cutting-edge web development firm. A savvy digital marketing agency. A custom app developer for smartphones, tablets and the web. Superior customer service, creativity, skill, and technical ability are the cornerstones of what makes our company the best at what we do. Tell us your business’s marketing needs and we can rock it out!

Atlanta, GA
  • 120 Interstate North Parkway SE Suite 448
    Atlanta, GA 30339

Rooms To Go, Kimberly Clark, Northplains, Bauerfeind, Theravent, Hodges-Mace, AKKR PE Firm,  Greenway Health, Porter Novelli

SEO, Digital Marketing, & Graphic Design for Orthepedic Practice

"They surpassed some of the best agencies in the world I had worked with."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Spearheading a digital marketing campaign, Brain Bytes created custom videos and managed conversion optimization programs for a website. They continue to provide SEO and graphic design services.

Miranda Madar
Marketing Manager, Resurgens Orthopaedics

The number of appointment requests and website visitors have increased and the videos received favorable feedback from customers. Creative and flexible, they exceeded all expectations, while their willingness to tackle the project head-on made them a true partner.

I'm the marketing director at Resurgens Orthopaedics. We're the largest orthopedic provider in the Southeast region.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brain Bytes?

We were rebranding our practice, so we were looking for a company to lead a full media campaign and manage digital marketing for us.

They oversee both our traditional and digital marketing efforts. On the digital side, they’ve created custom videos meant for our client distribution and provided SEO, graphic design, and copywriting services. In addition, they managed conversion optimization programs for our website. They help us with both strategy development and execution.

I work directly with their CMO and one strategist.

How did you come to work with them?

We were referred to Brain Bytes by our other partner and they were ready to jump in and tackle the project head-on. We saw that they could be a real partner to us, so we gave them a chance.

We've spent about $100,000.

We started working with them in February 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

We've seen an increase in appointment requests, which was our primary objective. The traffic to our website and our call volume are also on the rise. Both our internal team and our patients love the videos, which are creative and visually appealing.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're incredibly smart, flexible, and easy to work with. They worked with our tight turnaround times and haven't missed a deadline. Also, they're very responsive.

They surpassed some of the best agencies in the world I had worked with.

They could develop their account management skills a little bit better.

Give them as much information about your company as possible. The more information you provide, the better the final product will be.

Content Marketing For Visual Media Company

"They can capture what you've said and then translate it into marketable content."

Brain Bytes Creative handles marketing for a media firm. The team manages web presence and social media, develops paid advertising campaigns, and monitors customer engagement through Salesforce.

Toronto, Canada
Jason Arena
Chief Marketing Officer, North Plains Systems

Brain Bytes Creative's monthly reports analyzing engagement and cost per lead have helped the fim adapt content and strategy to suit customer needs. The team makes intelligent suggestions, thoroughly understands the project's goals, and offers direct collaboration with senior staff.

I am the chief marketing officer of North Plains. It is a company that specializes in the manufacture of digital asset management software. We help clients create, organize, and distribute visual content assets for global marketing purposes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brain Bytes Creative?

Brain Bytes handles content creation, helps manage our website, and does our outbound marketing. That entails creating content and updating our website with that content. They also distribute new content to social media and engage in paid advertising with folks like Google AdWords. They also coordinate with Capterra, a software ranking company that's similar to what you do. They help us in those areas.

We collaborate with Brain Bytes on the development of campaigns. They interview our subject matter experts. Using this information, they then write everything from e-books to white papers to case studies. BBC will then load that content into our website and distribute that information across social media for us. The effectiveness of the campaigns is measured through Google Analytics and Act-On. That's our marketing automation platform. BBC will also verify that the analytical information on customer engagement flows to our CRM [customer relationship management] – Salesforce. That way, our sales team can act upon the data and nurture leads into actual customers.

How did you come to work with Brain Bytes Creative?

They were hired by my predecessor at the firm. When I came on, I elected to stay with them. I had no previous awareness of Brain Bytes but quickly grew to like them and their level of commitment to my business. I needed somebody that knew their way around the market sector, so I elected to move forward with them.

How much have you invested with Brain Bytes Creative?

We have invested $250,000 with Brain Bytes in the last two years.

I believe Brain Bytes has been working with North Plains for about two years. In contrast, I've only started with the company in the end of April of this year [2016]. I've only been about 100 days into the job.

We get a quantitative report every month from Brain Bytes. It takes Google Analytics and other analytical data and distills the effectiveness of the engagement. The report tracks what content engaged successfully with visitors to our website. If we sent out an email campaign, the report also shows how people engaged with it and the specific content that they were interested in. Then, they measure that information against our spending on AdWords. This lets us determine the effective cost per lead. Brain Bytes also counts all the leads. They determine who's engaging with the company, the company they're from, and their job title. They also tell us what topics the lead is specifically interested in. This information lets our sales team tailor the conversation to the customer's interest level.

How did Brain Bytes Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

I think Brain Bytes does well in terms of project management. They like to engage on a regular basis and they take copious notes. They listen very well. They don't mind pushing back when they disagree, which is something I always appreciate. They've managed to meet deadlines, so I would say that the project management has been a positive experience.

What did you find most impressive about Brain Bytes Creative?

One of the nice things about Brain Bytes is that I've got good access to the most senior people, including one of the owners of the company. That gives me comfort knowing that I have access to the best minds of the company. I've only spent a very limited amount of time at their space. But, I think Brain Bytes is highly collaborative, even though we are not in the same location. They get the right people in the room, and we talk about the pertinent items. They have great attention to detail. The Brain Bytes team captures your ideas and translates them into marketable content. They're super enthusiastic and have proven to be a good partner. They are dedicated to what we do and they've been flexible.

Are there any areas Brain Bytes Creative could improve?

I would like to see Brain Bytes expand their strategic offering. They tend to focus on the execution and the implementation, which I think are their strengths. If they expand their services in the strategic area, that would drive an even higher level of execution and implementation. That would benefit them. It's a positive cycle that I think that they need to take to get to the next level. It's an evolutionary process, and they are a young, energetic group. I believe they will get there.

We’ve bounced around sometimes on deadlines a bit. There’s been a couple of times where I thought they were a little bit overstretched. They will always double down and work as hard as they need to make it right.
    I think they provide good value for what we’re spending. Their hourly rate is reasonable.
    The quality is in line with our expectations.
    If Brain Bytes couldn’t do something that a client was asking for, they would be the first one to say, “Well, we’re really not strong in that area. But we can do A, B, and C for you.” I would recommend them.

Digital Marketing For Medical Device Manufacturer

"They are invested in the success of the product, and they believe in it."

2013 - Ongoing

Brain Bytes Creative generates web traffic and conversion for an e-commerce site. Strategies have integrated site redesign, optimization, content generation, SEO, and social media marketing.

San Jose, California
Matt Williams
President, Theravent, Inc.

Traffic and conversions have increased dramatically since launching the new strategy, and the website is praised by users for its accessibility. Regular meetings define expectations and maintain schedule. Brain Bytes Creative took ownership of each project and devised unique, inventive solutions.

I'm the president and CEO of Theravent, Inc. We make an over-the-counter medical device that treats snoring. Our device is sold online as well as in retailers like CVS and Walgreens.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brain Bytes Creative?

The first thing we were trying to address was our direct response in e-commerce synergy. We had an e-commerce website up. We were using television advertising to create more awareness. We were trying to drive customers to the site, but our conversion rates were not optimized. We went to Brain Bytes for better traffic generation opportunities. We also needed help with converting that opportunity into more business.

Brain Bytes works on tasks that complement our strategic objectives, which change over time. We started as a direct-response e-commerce company. Eventually, we've expanded into retail and other channels of operation. It's a bit difficult to say they do this one thing because they've done a number of things for us. Brain Bytes has redesigned the website and optimized user experience. They've handled content generation to address specific objectives for search, SEO [search engine optimization], and organic. Brain Bytes has conducted test-and-learns in social media to bring more quality traffic to the site. They've also done e-commerce, conversion metrics, and ideation on various Internet marketing strategies.

How did you come to work with Brain Bytes Creative?

I was introduced to Brain Bytes through Jason Sirotin. I think he's their CMO. He also works in the media industry. We were introduced to him during our first television commercial. We chose Brain Bytes because of that conversation and the work that they did in the commercial.

How much have you invested with Brain Bytes Creative?

We engaged Brain Bytes on a monthly retainer basis. We have probably spent $50,000 to $200,000 at this point.

We began working with Brain Bytes in Q3 or Q4 of 2013.

Overall, we've been very happy with the results. I don't have anything right off the top of my head. I would actually have to go back and look, but I can give you high-level numbers. Our reporting is focused on month-to-month metrics or month versus the previous year. We've significantly increased traffic during the last two and a half years. We've certainly grown the business overall from a revenue perspective. The feedback from my board of directors has been very positive in terms of the enhancements to the website and user experience. All of those things have been very positive. Most importantly, Brain Bytes is very accountable. If there are situations where the results are not meeting expectations, they don't just walk away from that. In fact, they will take accountability for it and try to work through that.

How did Brain Bytes Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Brain Bytes has been more structured during the last couple of years. I think when we first started working together, they were still a new shop. Many things were going through a single point of contact, and there may have been some challenges of how information was disseminated. Now, they've got the team on Slack. We have a monthly meeting, at a minimum, to review the plan. At the end of the month, we get back together to review how we performed against that plan. I think they've definitely made steps to work with us, try to understand what our needs are, and then deliver those things.

What did you find most impressive about Brain Bytes Creative?

For me, one thing that differentiates Brain Bytes from many of the other vendors that I've worked with is that they don't look at our device as just a widget. They take the product and look at it as if it were their product. They own it, no matter how the product is doing in the marketplace or how it's being received. That's both from an Internet marketing or a digital footprint perspective. I think that's very unique.

In many cases, you can end up with organizations that have many clients and lots of diversity. They look at each project as, "Which template can we apply to this?" I never feel that way with Brain Bytes. They are invested in the success of the product, and they believe in it. Brain Bytes acted as if they were my internal digital marketing team versus being an external vendor. That is certainly what I look for in my vendor relationships. That's definitely an impressive quality.

Are there any areas Brain Bytes Creative could improve?

It's hard to say since we have open communication with Brain Bytes. When there are things that I'm frustrated with or need to be changed, they are addressed quickly. There's not anything at a high level that I would like to see them change. I think that's probably it.

Overall Score They’ve been a great partner.
    There are unforeseen things that come up now and then, and I think that’s normal in the digital environment.
    Given the amount of work they complete, they’re very efficient.
    They feel like the work they do is a representation of themselves as individuals as well as a client service provider. Accountability and taking ownership of what they do are very important to them.
    I’ve referred a number of different clients to them already and feel very comfortable doing so.

Digital Marketing For Cybersecurity Firm

"Not only are they accommodating, but they also provide strategy when we need to refocus."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Brain Bytes Creative provides strategic marketing guidance and develops monthly targeted campaigns through email, PPC and social media. They also optimized a website and promoted social media shares.

Senior Product Marketing Manager, ControlScan

Since working with Brain Bytes, lead quantity and loading speed have dramatically increased. The team allocates resources intelligently, delivers on schedule, and easily accommodates feedback. Their diverse talent pool allows them to craft individualized, highly creative marketing campaigns.

My current company is called ControlScan. We're a cybersecurity company. I'm the senior product marketing manager, and I work with a team of four. I own the strategy whenever we launch a new product or do any kind of win-loss review. I figure out better ways to do things that our customers are going to respond to, such as different kinds of positioning and breaking into new markets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brain Bytes Creative?

We're a small company, so we find ways to utilize agencies and contractors to expand our team and our reach of knowledge. When I came to this company, they had an agency that they were very unhappy with. They were supposed to be an SEO [search engine optimization] agency. Because my experience has led me to realize what a full digital agency is, I knew why it wasn't working. They were calling themselves an SEO agency when SEO was all about digital, optimizing keywords, understanding a business, taking content, and finding ways to repurpose and reposition. That's where product marketing comes in.

The problem we were trying to solve was how to continue to grow our website, which was launched a year ago. The current agency projected a 2 percent annual growth. We didn't think that was acceptable, given where we were. We're a cybersecurity company, so there was really no reason why we wouldn't be able to play better than that. I was like, "Look, we need to call Brain Bytes. Let's talk to them about digital marketing. They offer a full marketing solution. They have everything from graphic designers to whatever it is that we're going to need. I've got a good relationship there."

We had Brain Bytes come in and do a pitch for us. What was cool about it was they did a lot of research about our company and our site. They pointed out things that we could quickly fix on our own. This was before we signed a contract with them, which was a show of good faith and lots of candor. We had them come in and look deeper into our website once we signed with them.

Brain Bytes worked with us on the analytics side of our business. They strategically looked at where we were in the digital marketing area. They analyzed how we were promoting our website and our services on search engines. They also provided direction on pay per click, and they worked with us to create a full-spectrum program. The program would, of course, include many different kinds of campaigns. We would take one of our products and say, "OK, this month we're going to focus on this product." Brain Bytes would then give different kinds of strategic campaigns, from social to content to email marketing to web marketing to PPC. The campaign would be multipronged. Then, we would work closely with them, using our internal resources as well. They were driving the strategy because that's something my team didn't have. They just have a lot of know-how and strategy. Brain Bytes also helped us with technical fixes for our website. For example, they helped us increase page speeds and understand Google Analytics. This allowed us to look at our web pages, optimize them and position them differently. They also offered much more strategy around social sharing and boosting.

How did you come to work with Brain Bytes Creative?

I worked with Brain Bytes at a company before this. They handled all of the digital marketing there.

We've been working with Brain Bytes for about three or four months now [as of August 2016]. Our retainer allowed us a certain number of hours for whatever we needed. We could customize depending on how our business changed throughout each month. We may want to run one program one month and then run something different next month.

Since we've started working with Brain Bytes, we've seen a huge increase in our page speed as well as the number of leads that have come in. That's not just from a paid perspective. It's from a full digital scope, so it could be content and all the other items I've talked with you about. It's increased significantly enough that we brought it in front of our executive leadership team and that they were pleased with it.

I've had many agencies miss a deadline and not let me know until the next day. I had to follow up with them. Keep in mind, I'm paying them hourly based on the retainer that we decided. Brain Bytes does not do that. We decide together on what we think is a good deadline for things. In contrast, our contact person at Brain Bytes makes sure that he has all the resources possible to meet deadlines. If it looks like the deadlines are going to shift for whatever reason, we get notified way ahead of time. That seldom happens. They usually deliver on what they say they're going to deliver, when they say they're going to deliver on it. That's huge for me.

In the past, other agencies I've worked with would say they're creative. But, they were not. They would just re-churn the exact same thing that one of their other clients did. They would spin it to suit whatever company I work for, but it's the same thing. It's churning out something that's not unique. I like that the output from Brain Bytes is unique. They are always trying to up it and make it better. We're in the cybersecurity world, so that is very complex. They've been able to pick things up so quickly to help us in that space. I've been here about nine months now, and I am just now figuring it out. The fact that they've been able to come in after three months and perform well is a huge plus.

How did Brain Bytes Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

I'm very pleased with the project management. I always feel like things are very organized with Brain Bytes. There's a lot of that kind of communication with them, which is great because I've worked with other agencies that just suck. I hate when I feel like our agency is in this vacuum, and we're not able to communicate with them. I was very skeptical about working with an agency at all because of my horrible experience with another agency. Brain Bytes will be the fifth agency that I've worked with, and they are fantastic.

Brain Bytes has a sharing platform called Slack, which allows us to have constant communication during a project. We are able to ping each other and share all the things that we're doing on our end and on their end. This way, we know what they're working on. They're very good about reporting. There's a lot of transparency with this company, which I love. We also do weekly meetings, which are kind of like our stand ups. We know what projects we've been working on because we've been talking all week via Slack, and email. We often collaborate in Google Docs just to make sure we're focused on the program. In our weekly meetings, we'll bring up what we've decided to do for the current month and what we were planning for the previous month. We would also discuss the things that are within the scope of those programs, who was assigned to them and where they are. They're quick meetings because we talk all week long. We have an account manager from Brain Bytes, and we have someone who takes care of the minutes just so everybody is on the same page. Anytime we have a meeting and there are next steps from either side, that person emails us and lets us know what we need to do.

What did you find most impressive about Brain Bytes Creative?

I love working with the people from Brain Bytes. I feel like they have a nice mix of different generations, anywhere from millennials and up, which is great. It's a full scope of experience. The younger generation that works there is savvy, quick, and smart. Then, they've got the Generation X people who are really experienced. They know how to utilize and take advantage of the skills that the millennials are coming out of school with. It's very different than when I was in school. They know so much. It's good because it's a full-spectrum agency, which I love.

I also love that they are very accommodating. We can shift easily. They're very agile. We can say, "This isn't working," or, "There are changes in the company and we need to refocus this month." Not only are they accommodating, but they also provide strategy when we need to refocus. It's not like we're flying blind. They would say, "OK, we'll do whatever you need us to do. But, based on what you're saying, here's what we recommend. Here's what we think we can provide, where we could fit and help you succeed." It's a nice, tight relationship.

Even though we work with them a lot digitally, they do come into our office and allow us the opportunity to get face-to-face time. That cements our relationship with them. Trust is important when working with an agency, so you have to get going with them and have them earn it. We have to earn their trust as well. They have to know that we're going to pay them on time, give them the right information, and provide feedback. I think those qualities are what make them special.

Are there any areas Brain Bytes Creative could improve?

There are certain items that Brain Bytes could probably report better. But, that depends on the company, what the stakeholders and the executive leadership want to see and how they want to see it. Again, because they're agile, they'll figure it out as long as we're honest with them.

I think there are times when – I hate to say this because it's not even a problem – but Brain Bytes want to please us so much that they do whatever we say. When I worked with Brain Bytes in my previous company, this was not an issue because we had already established trust. There was much more, "Listen, there are things you are doing wrong. We can help you." Before, they were more candid because we had worked together for several months. Now, we've been collaborating for three months and we're just starting to get to that level of trust. I can't even say that there's a fault. I love working with them.

Content Marketing For HR Technology Company

"They really immerse themselves in the business, even to the point of becoming experts."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Brain Bytes Creative initially developed a website and brand message for a software firm. They have since provided blog posts and web graphics and managed large digital marketing campaigns.

Leigh Chesley
Director of Marketing, Hoges-Mace

Leads have consistently improved in both quality and quantity, and externalizing content creation has helped staff work more efficiently. Brain Bytes communicated reliably, became thoroughly familiar with the company's practices, and dedicated a diversity of their talent resources to the project.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

Hodges-Mace is a benefits administration software and technology company. We help other businesses organize, automate, and streamline their benefits administration processes. I am the director of marketing, and I'm responsible for demand and lead generation and revenue marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brain Bytes Creative?

When I joined the company, we had not historically made any lead or demand generation or revenue marketing efforts – we had been very much focused on communications. What we needed to do was define our messaging and take a good look at our brand. Once having done that we then needed to relaunch a website that was more of a lead generation tool and less of an online brochure. We initially brought on Brain Bytes Creative with that goal in mind, and then we've continued working with them for all of our digital marketing efforts.

They helped us with the initial discovery work around branding and positioning. They interviewed many of our internal people and became very familiar with the research we had done previously with our clients and partners. They did a lot of deep-dive research to help us put together our messaging and align with where we needed to be in the marketplace, which then obviously rolled into the website.

They do a lot of content creation for us. We have monthly themes, and so they create high-value content, then work with us internally to create blog posts and infographics – things like that. They manage all of our digital campaigns, including Google, AdWords, Bing, Capterra, and other sites where we have a presence. They manage the budget, the actual campaigns and the strategy.

How did you come to work with Brain Bytes Creative?

I had actually worked with them at my previous company. We had brought them on and just had a great relationship with them, so I opted to bring them on here when I started.

How much have you invested with Brain Bytes Creative?

We have spent something in excess of $50,000 working with them.

We brought them on I believe last September [2015], and we continue to work with them on a monthly retainer.

Obviously, leads are important to us, and so we check those monthly. We're constantly optimizing our campaigns to bring in the right people. Brain Bytes is very good about not only focusing on quantity, but also focusing on closing the feedback loop and making sure that the quality is there as well.

From a content perspective, we've put out a ton of great content, and they're great about working with us internally to get the right information. Then, they package that information and take it to the finish line. As a consequence, we're not constantly asking our executives and stakeholders to generate content. Brain Bytes is able to create that content for us, which plays a big part in our nurture and content strategies.

How did Brain Bytes Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They are great. We have a dedicated account manager, and we're in constant contact with the agency. We use email, and they use Slack, so, especially when we're working on a website launch or an intensive project, they're very good about communicating and keeping the project moving. We have weekly calls where we get an agenda beforehand and then have follow-up afterward. Brain Bytes Creative is definitely very good on the communication end of project management.

What did you find most impressive about Brain Bytes Creative?

They made a real effort to learn our business. They do a good job of listening to people who have been either in the industry or with Hodges-Mace for a long time. I've seen them do that now in two different industries. They really immerse themselves in the business, even to the point of becoming experts. They just don't feel like an agency. We are getting a very personalized account management experience based on their knowledge of our company and the industry.

They are very hands-on, roll up their sleeves and get to work. Their entire company is working on the account. We don't have just one guy who is sent to present the results at the end of the month. Everyone is integrated with the account and the account plan.

Are there any areas Brain Bytes Creative could improve?

Honestly, we're just extremely happy with them. There's not a thing I would pick out to put into that box. I've had a great experience with them in two companies now. We are happy with the work we're doing with them.

Overall Score They’re great. We love working with those guys.
    Sometimes, some of the problems are on our side. I know we've missed some deadlines, but it's sometimes hard to say who is at fault.
    That’s where they shine. They do a great job in understanding what we need and meeting that need.